1.19/5
Based on 274 reviews that contain star ratings

283 HTC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 11, 2019

Own a HTC-Vive and love it. It is my second home away from the PC. They also have what's called Viveport which you can subscribe each month for free VR games and movies, also Vive has a community site where you can write for technical help or share what you like or found on your VR. HTC-Vive --I am very pleased and would strongly recommend buying one.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought an HTC 10 for my sister as a present. Less than a year later the battery exploded and almost burned my sister's hands and the office. We contacted the local HTC service center only to have them say the warranty was over, which didn't make sense because a phone shouldn't explode under any circumstances. We contacted the HTC Dubai, they asked to send them the unit, and after sending it, they just kept calling every week saying they had made no decision and have no feedback to give. After over 7-8 months of the same thing I asked to have the unit sent back as it was meaningless and going nowhere with customer service. They also refused to send an official report as to what they found out. It's the last time I'll let anyone buy from HTC again - friends or family or any stranger even. Don't know what to do next.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Order number - **. I have purchased HTC 12 plus on 1/8 with additional two days shipping as it was urgently required for my spouse's birthday. On 1/10 when I called HTC as the product was not shipped, they told me for the two day shipping delivery, HTC takes 3 days for processing and 2 days for shipping so total they 5 days. In case of one day shipping it will take 3 days for processing and 1 day for shipping so total 4 days.

I don't understand the logic behind this, then why will someone pay extra 30$ for one day shipping. It is nowhere written on website about this hidden policy when we choose the shipping method. I called HTC few times and told the associate to transfer the call to supervisor and the supervisors were never available and always busy, they always put me on hold for long time and told me supervisor will call back, which they never did. I told them it's nowhere written about 3 extra days of processing time on their website and they said it's their internal policy. I told them to send me in writing on email about this policy and they said they cannot send emails outside.

If I knew this earlier, I would have not purchased this with two days shipping and would have bought something else for my spouse's birthday. I like the HTC products but their sales and service is something which is bringing their company down and soon HTC will be closed. They are charging and making extra money from customers in the name of express shipping and sending products in regular 5 days shipping.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Purchased a new HTC Bolt from Tello. After 3 months the phone's screen went blank on half the screen. This defect was known on these phones by HTC,

On advice from a Sprint repair shop I got in touch with HTC “customer support." Customer support said no problem. Just email Proof of Purchase, serial number of phone and their “escalations team” will contact me in two business days. Nobody got back to me and two subsequent calls that I made accomplished nothing: First call, “We did not receive your proof of purchase email to nam_suppor... Not pop_support..." Second call, "You purchased it from nonauthorized dealer so we won't honor our warranty." This company evidently cares little about its customers as this incident and this forum show.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

HTC 10 put out an update that basically drains the battery and when you call them to talk to them about it they tell you it's not a known issue. Do a simple search online and it's obvious I'm not the only one. Now this phone is not paid off and I'm not complaining about the price I wasn't when I bought it and I'm not now, what is the problem is that I'm paying money for something that no longer functions as sold to you. Boot loops and shutdowns at literally 68% battery life. Shutdowns at 40%. Nothing like charging a phone all night just to have it shut down an hour later, even without continuous use. If you want to use this phone keep it plugged in to a power source. Now just think about that for a moment. They claim it's not a known issue and can't fix it and are basically helpless. Imagine buying a car that they couldn't repair. Things like this shouldn't happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HTC?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Email sent to Oregon consumer protection agency at help@oregonconsumer.gov on 10-1-18. Good day: In Feb 2018, I had to pay $200 to get a replacement Sprint phone (my HTC EVO 4G broke), while still making payments on my originally-purchased $600 EVO. The first replacement phone sent me was not an HTC EVO 4G. Sprint/Asurion said they didn’t have any to send. Only an HTC Bolt. I'd researched this phone and found it incredibly lacking and not the same quality as my EVO 4G. So, I requested I be put on the waiting list to get another EVO.

From the start, the shipped HTC Bolt would not pair with my $90 Plantronics Bluetooth nor would send photos while on WIFI via text app. Only could send text. Had to be on Sprint network to send photos. I was on the phone for about an hour with customer service and a tech. So they sent me another Bolt. Exact same issues. This phone lasted until 9-30-2018 when the power button stopped working. Now the phone is on all the time, I have screen-power saver on, and to waken the phone to use it, I have to thump it with my finger or thumb.

7 months of non-properly working phones and then failure of the 2nd one is enough. 10-1-2018 at 9:30 a.m., I called Asurion who deals with Sprint’s phone insurance and replacements. Waited 18 minutes on hold. Asurion has to transfer you to Sprint. Once I got a Sprint rep, they said they’d only send me at no charge another Bolt. And I agreed to getting a Bolt, so I’m stuck with it. I asked them to transfer me to their legal dept, as I have an intent to sue. But instead, they got me to Asurion again. So, I let them send me another Bolt. For now, until I switch to AT&T. I contacted an attorney dealing with a class action suit against HTC for the HTC Bolt phone. Can you advise me at all on anything pertaining to this?

Original review: July 30, 2018

This is not my first HTC. I have been a loyal customer for 3 cell phones (many years) - I don't give up easily, not so now. My past experience with customer service with HTC was good, and I had super responses, easy fixes. This latest model (HTC U11 Life) I purchased in April 2018 - I began experiencing performance issues almost immediately. It is 4 months later... The cell is still under warranty. Customer service has taken a turn for the worst - scripted solutions with no flexibility. After experiencing multi difficulties (the worst being total shut down, more than once) - after jumping through all the instructed self fixes customer service required me to do (hard reset was one) - their chosen final solution is sending the cell back (at my cost) with the repair time being 6-8 weeks (not counting shipping time).

I said it is not an option being without a cell for 2(?) months. I asked to speak with a supervisor, insisted that I am not going to be without a cell for that long of a time. Insisting that a bad product should be replaced immediately. Their supervisor (in a not so nice way) told me I had no other choice, going back to the ONLY choice I had was to send the cell back for repairs. HTC - Consumers - beware of this change in customer service when purchasing HTC products. Before you buy, make sure you know that if you receive a lemon, you will have little sympathy from HTC. Your cost and time loss with the use of the product = All your inconveniences are worth squat to HTC. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Purchased a HTC 10 in January 2017, this would be my 3 HTC phone I have owned. Never had an issue with any of the phones. My HTC 10 stopped working in July 2017, after only on 6 months. Sprint is my carrier and I was told I needed to contact HTC for repair since it was still under warranty. Contacted HTC, received my tracking slip to send back my phone as instructed by HTC customer service. I was told it could take up to 3 months to get my phone repaired or a new one since it was under warranty. I was told to use the website to track my repair, finally received a tracking number after 4 months, but phone never arrived. Lost by UPS, and now needed to work with HTC and UPS to file a claim. I was then told I would receive a new phone and would be contacted once HTC received the tracking number.

It is now July 17, 2018 and still no phone!!! I get the same response from Customer Service, "Sorry we don't have any updates. We are waiting for a tracking number." My case was escalated about 4 months ago, and the only thing with the escalation is now I receive a call once a week with an update, saying the same thing, "We are sorry tell you we have no update and no tracking number". I was able to obtain the corporate number for HTC and have left several message but no callback. I have paid for a phone that I only owned for 6 months, and will never buy another HTC phone again.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I bought an unlocked HTC U Life last year, after few months screen was getting discolored. I sent the phone for repair and they sent me back the phone without repairing it. Again I had to sent the phone and this time they sent me a different phone with different IMEI no. and the phone is LOCKED with T-mobile. It's having T-Mobile logo in the software. I tried different sim with different carriers and it's showing Network Lock. It's working only with T-Mobile network.

The support team is horrible and doesn't have any integrity. They will lie to you. They are not agreeing the phone is locked. What they say is to contact the carrier. One support guy even disconnected my call when I asked him to connect to his supervisor. I had to call them back and finally I was able to speak to one escalation case manager. She agreed that I bought an unlocked and they sent me a different phone and she told me she will be calling me back today with resolution. I don't have any hope, every time they will say they will call me back and had never done that. I want take this legally, can anybody help me to understand how can I complaint to government authorities??

Original review: July 6, 2018

My HTC Bolt started lagging and then half the screen went black. My carrier, Sprint, recommended I contact HTC for warranty and meanwhile I had to activate an old phone. I sent 2 e-mails to support from the HTC website, no response. After a couple of weeks, I logged in to chat and was given the "right e-mail" to contact and was told to contact HTC after sending my info over e-mail. I did and was told to wait for e-mail reply.

I received the e-mail two days later and contacted chat again. I was given repair terms and conditions and told to stay online while instructions on where to send the phone were e-mailed; chat froze and I never got the e-mail. I e-mailed again; no reply. I waited a week and contacted chat again. I now have the instructions and will send my phone in for repair. It took me over a month to finally get here, why? And is there anyone monitoring e-mail? I sent 3 or 4 and did not get a reply. I love my HTC, but am seriously thinking on going somewhere else.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I purchased a U11 Verizon model directly from HTC in July 2017 and had nothing but issues with service with Verizon from the get go. I complained within the first month and with increasing difficulties of dropped calls/other party could not hear my voice, etc; I looked deeply into the problem, troubleshooting with Verizon and HTC. The result is that HTC sold a Verizon version that did not include wifi calling that Verizon needs to work in many areas. The previous HTC phone I had did and the U12 does. But not this one. They would not refund my money. They cannot fix the wifi problem. I am stuck with a $700 phone that does not work and they will not stand behind their product promoted to work on Verizon. You will find countless stories like mine on the internet. Stay away from this company and any of their phones. They are dishonest and will not listen to their many consumers who are leaving them in droves.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I sent an e-mail to your customer support on the 6th of June about issues I had with your phone that I purchased in May. I never received a response so tried your chat option. I spoke with a Gabriel on the 10th about a KNOWN issue with this phone. He informed me that since I purchased it from a 3rd party seller, I needed to provide my proof of purchase as a new phone and you would honor the warranty. I sent it to the e-mail he provided and received an e-mail back 2 days later to contact customer service. I called on the 14th and was told they had no update on the warranty status. After an hour, I was told I had to wait for an update and would receive an e-mail in 24-48 hours. On the 20th, after 6 days with no e-mail, I called again only to be told you would not honor the warranty. This was my 3rd HTC phone in 10 years. This will be my last. My family and I will not deal with this company again after this.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I bought an HTC Bolt and had to send it in for repair. It was covered under the manufacturer warranty. I was told it would be about a month turnaround. I sent my phone in on November 11th, 2017! It is now May 22nd 2018! They have had my phone for over 6 months! I work for Boost Mobile. I found out my ESN is active on another customer's account... THEY GAVE MY PHONE AWAY!!! Not only did they give my phone away. They will not give me my $400 that I spent on the phone. At this point in time if they send me a replacement I won't even be able to sell it because it is so outdated. I've already had to replace it because they have had my phone for so long. This is not right! How are they getting away with this???

Original review: May 16, 2018

My HTC U11 screen cracked. It cracked from normal use. The phone was 2 months old. I sent the device to HTC Repair to get a quote and repair in early March and was told to expect 2/3 week turnaround for quote and repair. It is now 10 weeks and after repeated attempts to get the phone returned (without repair), HTC cannot seem to find my phone or give a date for a replacement to be sent. I've involved the BBB and received three generic response of "we will contact you with a tracking number, once it has been sent". I never received a quote for repair. I asked for the phone to be returned as is/no repair. 10 weeks... no tracking number no, no contact from HTC. HTC... you have lost my business forever. Buyer BEWARE!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I had a HTC U11 that experienced charging problem, as well as accidentally cracked the glass case. I sent the device early March for repair and had expected to receive the phone back in about a month. It has been over 2 months now and I have contacted HTC customer service multiple time, each time only leaving with some excuse about why my phone has not been fixed yet. My recent contact said they are waiting for the outbound tracking number but that was what they said 3 weeks prior.

They say to watch my phone and email but conveniently did not give me a time frame as to when I should hear back about the status of my repair. Apparently this is typical of HTC and had I known this before I would not have decide to lose my phone for 2 months. At this point it feels like I will never get my device back, and it is ridiculous in this day and age to not have a phone fixed within a month. I want to know what's going on with my phone, when will it be fixed and when will I have it back.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I had 3 chats with customer service. I got 3 different answers. I bought my HTC u11 on 11/2017. This is my fourth HTC phone. Everything was fine until my vacation. Now the u11 has an ip67 rating. It is able to withstand 30 minutes underwater down to a depth of 1 meter or roughly 3 feet. I had it in a waterproof bag that hung around my neck but didn't seal a corner good. Pool water got in the bag but I didn't notice it till a minute to two minutes max. Phone automatically shut off and I was able to pour water out of it. That is not even close to its water rating. The phone's never been dropped and was babied from the very beginning.

One representative said they would look at it and if they found a defect they would replace it for free. The second rep said they don't cover any kind of water damage and it would cost $200 to fix. The last rep I talked to said depending on what they find, the price could be higher. I hope they find a defect in the phone but not counting on it. I got a hold of the BBB about this company and they have an F rating. I don't know how long it's going to take to repair the phone but they did tell me they were behind 4-6 weeks for repairs. That's not a good sign. It took them a week to update the status of my phone after I shipped it to them in Texas somewhere. Only time will tell if I get treated right or not and will update the outcome of this process.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I Had a lot of trouble with either the picture going out or had trouble with remote not working. Call HTC more than a few times, I finally had enough of it and cancel my service after four months. I WAS TOLD THERE WERE NO CONTRACTS, then they came up with a early termination fee. I never sign any papers to agree to that, but I was sent a bill for over $ 200.00, and was told I had to pay it. WE as consumers need protection from Big Companies like HTC. L would never do business with HTC. And would Suggest Any Looking for TV service to find someone other than this underhanded Company.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I filed a claim for replacing my HTC10 on 11/3/2017 as it’s still within 1-year free replacement warranty because I accidentally broke my phone screen. I chose the advance exchange program and I was told I will receive a new phone about 1 month. The ticket number is ** (from the live chat) or ** (from an e-mail). A month later, I did not receive the new phone. I wrote another e-mail to HTC. No response this time. I had no other way and I need my phone to be functional appropriately soon. I found a store to fix the cracked screen for me. That costed me $180. Since then, I’d heard nothing from HTC. They even hold my credit card balance ($599 value) for more than 3 months. Today (4/19/2018) I received a phone call from someone who claimed to be from the HTC customer service.

It’s been more than 5 months since day 0. At first, the customer service staff told me that HTC will send me a new phone with a newer model, HTC U11, with no charge. I said, "Fine, I will take it." Then that person said, "You must still have your HTC 10." I said, “Sure I still have it”. Then he said I have to send my HTC10 back to the company so they can send a new phone after they received it. He emphasized, “This is company policy”. The attitude was quite rude and his English accent was kind of hard to understand. I did not agree because I need a phone at any time, and it’s currently working fine (I spent $180 to fix it). I asked, "Why not send the phone first as the program agreed then I will mail the old one back once I received it." That person repeated the same statement and tried to force me to send the phone to them first.

The call ended unpleasantly and I didn’t agree to send the phone back to HTC because it’s too suspicious. How can I trust what you said given that I never receive the phone you promised. How could I know you will send the phone to me if I send mine to you? Nevertheless, HTC, it’s you fail to fulfill the agreement, which originally, you said you will send me a new phone within 14-20 days. I have the original chat transcript, just in case if you request to see what you have agreed. I felt very disappointed after receiving that phone call. I really couldn’t believe that’s how HTC treats its loyal customer (I’ve bought more than 8 HTC phones). I will post this anywhere on cell phone related forums and report to BBB as well.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Be careful when purchasing these devices. I have had HTC ever since the first HTC Evo, and eventually they always have an issue, so does every other devices. The problem with HTC is that they only warranty their devices for a year which means anything that goes wrong after a year software or hardware problems you are stuck with the device unless you’re willing to shell out another seven to $900 for a new device.

I currently have the HTC 10 which now having Hardware problems getting hot while charging and powering down randomly. It’s a year and a half old and nobody can repair it. Contacted HTC and their repair department won’t even look at it because it’s over a year old. So technically after buying the device, anything goes wrong after a year which something always do you are basically stuck with the phone, even something simple as replacing a battery. Just something you should think about before making your purchase. I’m pretty much stuck with mine.

Original review: April 9, 2018

So, did not know about ongoing hardware issues with my HTC Bolt until after I purchased it. Fort question: why do they continue to see defective item sing knowing full well that they are all having serious screen/blank screen issues. Mine went completely black but I could hear sounds coming from my phone. Talked to Sprint and they refused to help, so talk to HTC after back and forth, finally proved I had just bought the phone brand new Oct 2018. Well January it went completely black, and HTC agreed to repair the phone. Sent it January and they received it at the facility January 8th.

It's now April 9 2018 and I have a case worker to "expedite" the process. They have all even nice but pretty much useless. They and Sprint knew about this phone's issues but yet continues to sell it!!! What's the use of a phone if the screen doesn't work or even go on at all? It's been known for a couple years but how they continue to sell these phones without recalling them to repair the issues is utterly ridiculous. My phone is probably sitting in someone's inbox with paperwork on top of it, still waiting for repair.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have a HTC U11 and I've had 1 month. I need the squeeze function and saw the screen crack in my hand. It cracked from the volume key to the bottom of the phone. HTC say it's been dropped. I have had 4 HTC phones in the past. Never had a screen in any of them and they all still work. I want to know if this a common fault. Anyone who has one with a single crack from the volume key to the bottom of the phone please post on here. Thanks.

Original review: March 4, 2018

So I loved my HTC 10. But after 13 months the USB port fried my MoBo (or the internal memory became corrupted) and the phone was out of warranty. So after a few efforts to troubleshoot I decided to send it in. I had talked to three different individuals during that process. Two of which told me I could send it in and they'd quote me for the repair depending on what it was. The third was unaware that as apparently California residents are allowed to send their phones in for out of warranty repairs. They kept telling me, "Sorry, your phone is out of warranty and it cannot be repaired. We only fix warranty orders and I cannot create a ticket for this," and eventually they "realized" that they didn't see I was a California resident. I guess that's not something they allow in other states.

Anyway, I had lost my receipt from the post office with my tracking number, but after a week I had requested to return my phone if had not be delivered from the post office. I was up a creek without a paddle as it were and HTC's online repair tracker never updated my RMA ticket. Customer support didn't know where it was or when it would arrive (if it ever did) so basically I thought my phone was lost forever. Sent it out February 13th, came back to me March 2nd repaired. I never received an email confirming a repair or diagnosis but it came back repaired and wiped (as they told me it would be if they could fix it) and it wasn't a refurbished phone. I love their products, but was not a fan of their support. Thinking I'd never get the 10 back I bought the U11 and that arrived in 2 days. So that's why it's a 3 star for me. It's my equivalent of a mixed review.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I purchased my phone unlocked. Within 8 months, my HTC 10, after a security patch update, started to exhibit an issue where it would go into airplane mode on its own several times a week and would be stuck. Going back and forth with HTC customer care, resulted in reflashing the phone many times. I put up with it till September and many more support with HTC customer care. Finally they agreed to swap the phone and said it would take 4-6 weeks to get my phone back.

Since then I've been getting status updates, and their final answer was (2 months later), they have no phones to send me, they don't know when they'll have any phones, and they are not willing to credit, upgrade, or to do anything other than asking me to wait. I asked to get my phone back and they said it'll take another 4-6 weeks, and that they really don't know where it is. I am so disappointed with HTC as I've been a supporter of their products and with this experience and attitude, I will not buy their products. Now the question is, did I lose my phone by sending it in for RMA and will I ever get it back and just lost a lot of money? Is there anything we can do to get support?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

My HTC Bolt had a severe manufacturer defect in the screen that caused half of the screen to not show up at all. After three weeks of arguing with HTC that they are responsible for the repair since the phone is brand new they finally agreed to repair the device if I paid for shipping it to them. After another two weeks of waiting I get a repaired but badly scratched/scuffed phone back with SIM card missing.

Another round of arguing with HTC and they let me know that a SIM card is an "accessory" and not actually a part of the device so they decided to keep it and will not be returning the card to me. This meant another round of contacting Sprint so they could issue me a new SIM card and lock down the old one which is who knows were being used by some random repair person that decided to purposefully take the card from my device before mailing it back to me. I am utterly disgusted by both the repair facility and the customer service of HTC and I will never purchase another of their products.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I bought a HTC ULTRA 11 on 2017 with UH OH protection plan. After 6 months of use I have an accident and screen was broken. Of course I requested the repair and HTC agree to do an advanced exchange" with additional cost. All this happened on Sept/2017. Today, Feb/2018 I contacted again HTC and they have the open ticket open but no time to solve this issue, they just said need more time or send my phone to on-site exchange but I cannot send my work tool. After 5 months I can't get my phone repaired. Agents are very kind but useless.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Worst phone HTC 728 32 gb dual sim I have Purchased on Dec 2016. No proper response from service centre. After 1 year service centre people advise you to change the phone, they say, "No need to repair. Our advise is to change the phone." These are the responses we are getting from service centre. Worst battery life. In one year I have visited 2 times in service centre which they will keep your phone for 25 days each time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We purchased an HTC new phone in Nov 2017 and have had problems with it since day one. The phone kept on turning off on its own and when it was on and you swiped it froze and then screen would turn black. Finally one day the screen turned black and we were never able to turn phone back on even after we reset it and called HTC for help. On Nov 8, 2017 we sent phone back in for repair and as of today, Feb 16, 2018, they still haven't fixed it and refuse to give us a refund. I've called customer service many times and they tell me someone will be calling me back. But all they can say it that they are still trying to fix the phone.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I had the same experience as others. Broken HTC M10 sent in for repair, never to be heard from again. After 3 months I called and got the same run around as the others report herein. When I first called for the repair they said it could take up to a month due to the hurricane that hit Houston. I called again at the two-month period and was told they were waiting on parts. This last time I called was at the 3-month mark. I referred the person at the call center to this website and told them I was on to them and I was filing a report with the Consumer Protection Branch of the Texas Attorney General as Houston is where I mailed the phone. During my call I asked them to either repair the phone or send me a new one. They would not commit to either option. They only said they would look into it and refer my call to an escalation specialist. I can't figure out why they do not provide periodic electronic updates.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Sometime in towards the end of November in 2017 I ordered the HTC Vive and I was told they were out of stock. Then after not having it shipped for about 3 weeks I had to cancel the order because I had car problems. 4 days after I requested the cancellation they shipped the Vive. On the day it was supposed to be delivered I checked the shipment tracking and found that it was sent to the incorrect address. Now it is over 2 weeks later and I still have not received my refund.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Same problem as everyone else. Broken HTC10, waiting for replacement phone since April 2017. I don't think they will ever do anything... I feel stupid writing anything here since HTC does not seem to care as they are dying.

HTC Company Information