1.48/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

HTC

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 6, 2017

230 HTC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I got HTC U11. I only have this phone for 3 days. The screen on this phone just crack on the corner. I send it back to be repair. Is a month and 2 weeks they didn't send the phone back. I call them and ask when will I receive my phone. The answer always is, "Someone Will call you back." I give them a week and told them, "If I will not get my phone in a week I will like to get my money back." Well week pass I call them and find out that I will have to pay for the repair. Seriously... The htc u11 is not worth the money that I pay.

I ask for the money back and find out that this is not possible. Since is not under some warranty how come I have this phone for 3 days send it back of course pay for the shipping wait more than a month. Then the women on the phone told me, "Well I see what I can do for you," and then she told me: "You can get 30% of the repair." I say, "I don't want this discount and this phone. I want my money back." So she say, "Well someone will call you in 24h but I can't guarantee you that you will get your money back." That was my last phone from htc, I will never purchase phone from them. I just hope I can get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Sent in the phone for repair on June 10th 2017, (this was the second repair from April, which was returned in a timely manner but was a different phone with a new issues.) As was told HTC was changing location and they would not know when the phone would be repaired. Contacted HTC ~ every 20 days for the next three months. New ticket issues Sept 21st 2017, all old information lost. Now they can't tell me where the phone is at or any status when I call or look online.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My HTC Desire 10 port stopped working 31 days into ownership. I sent the phone in for warranty repair and was given an 18 day turnaround time. Well it's been over 2 months and I still do not have my phone or an eta for when it will be shipped back. Support can only tell me that "hopefully" I'll get an email within the next two weeks containing my tracking number. Absolutely crazy. Asked for a manager and they refuse to transfer me. Considering contacting their legal department.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

After several phone calls, I came to realize that HTC is not at all customer friendly. As a customer, I had hoped to get some help that was reasonable. I feel that HTC should stand behind their warranty and product. I bought from Best Buy and if HTC can't stand behind that purchase, they should not offer their products there. I had hoped to be treated better with my phone being 1/2 through the warranty. Such a shame. This phone battery will not hold a charge and after HTC attempted to run through tests over the phone, it continues to do a system update everyday.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I was very excited when ordered HTC One A9 on November 26th 2016 and was very satisfied while using your product. Recently, there was an issue with my phone and thus after talking to your representatives they helped me out for options to get to resolve the problem. Somehow, we decided to send the phone to repair at your service center. According, to one of your representative the repair time was 10-15 days after they received it.

Now, it's about 2 month and there is no clear answer neither to the status repair nor on the repair status online (support). I have been tracking with the representatives continuously and still no answer to it. I am very annoyed at your service and tend to lose faith on HTC products and services. Currently, I am facing a lot of problem and feel handicapped without my phone. Please, do necessary arrangements to escalate it or ship me a brand new phone (not refurbished) or give my refund. Eagerly waiting for your response. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HTC?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

The battery doesn't last long. I have to charge it a lot. I just had the phone for 2-3 months and it's acting up already. It shuts down for no reason. I have to reboot, take the battery out and wait for few minutes and turn it on again. I don't know if T-mobile send me a new or refurbish phone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Sent my HTC U11 on August 18th, received in Houston August 21. The website finally shows it was received on August 29th. Can't seem to get any answers from HTC, other than we told you it would be 10-15 business days to get repaired and returned. Friday is 15 business days and still don't know what it will cost to replace the screen. Still argue that the phone is defective and should not bend and crack screens, but that is for another day. Just hope I get my phone back before they decide to shut down the mobile phone division. Already have purchased another brand of phone and just waiting to get the U11 back to sell it at a highly discounted price.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Average. It could be a little cheaper but now they started the rollover plan so it a bit better. Family plans are the way to go if that is a option for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

HTC One M8 is secure, fairly easy to use, and has given me no major issues. Documentation, however, is not great and one wishes for the expertise and convenience of Google, Samsung, and Microsoft telephone/computer chats w/ representatives.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Good phone, HTC Desire 816. A lot of nice features for what I paid. Virgin mobile has a great monthly plan, however the service at times is lacking. I am now about ready for an upgrade. The phone now has developed some issues.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The phone repeatedly overheats and will no longer respond to touch screen. Paid $599 for a replacement hold to ensure I send broken phone back on August 1st. Have been using computer mouse to make calls on this phone since. Absolutely unacceptable. HTC is simply unresponsive with various excuses for not being able to repair or replace under warranty. I guess thats why the major carriers no longer sell HTC phones. It just does not seem HTC stands behind their products. Buyers remorse...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I have a Verizon phone I bought from Walmart and a prepaid plan. I have never had problems with the service since I've been using it for the past few years.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

One week after I received my U11 the screen cracked. I sent it in for repairs almost a month ago and no one can tell where my phone is. When you call you get a call center in India and they give you the same run around lies. If you try to call the company in Washington you get a voicemail. I paid over $650.00 for a phone from HTC and now they have my phone and my money. Worst company ever. And they dare to call themselves HTC USA. Oh they'll respond to this post with a stock response directing you to the call center in India where you'll start the circle again. Time to call the BBB and the United States Attorney General.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

So my HTC Bolt was received at the manufacturer in Houston on August 3rd and they decided to finally look at it on August 21st. I called and they said it would be sent out that Wednesday, so I called and now they say they are waitin' for a part. It is now August 25, how long does the dang thing take?? I just want my phone back. Anyone know how long it takes for them to receive a part to fix my phone??

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Do not waste your money on the warranty or you will waste a substantial amount of your time! My husband's screen broke, he contacted the warranty (which he paid for) Dept. and was sent a shipping label to mail off his phone to Texas; advised 5-7 business days for return. Monday, 8/28 will be 3 weeks. Our file has been "escalated" 3 times and our "case manager" Mian has not returned calls, emails or chats.

On my most recent call to him I was told "I don't know where it is right now. It's sent to our warehouse to be worked on and it's still in processing. Let me handle it okay? It's my job. I'll call you back if I hear anything." I said, "I would just like the replacement phone sent instead of waiting for them to work on the broken one and that I would like a call back by the end of business so I know it's at least being followed up on," to which Mian replied "We can't just give you a new phone, we need to wait on the warehouse but yes! I will call you by 6pm." 6:00pm passed over 13hrs ago. I have asked to speak with a supervisor numerous times and have still not been transferred to one, I have asked for a different case manager and have not been given one.

This is the worst customer service company I have ever in my life experienced. Save yourself a lot of troubles and money and just go to your local repair shop! I will NEVER support HTC again because of this awful (and apparently from other reviews normal) way of doing business!!! I will post in every location I can find to save others the distress I am going through!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We purchased a HTC Bolt in Feb. 2017. In June it stopped working, we sent it to be repaired under warranty. It is now Aug. 25th 2017 and they still have my phone, they have had it in repair since July 6th 2017. I call and check on it daily and all I get is the runaround, they are waiting for parts, then they told me they misplaced the phone in an office move, I have asked for them to send me a new phone and they refuse. They are waiting for a response from their corporate office that they never get. Both the customer service and supervisors although very polite are of no help, will someone please help me get my phone back. This is crazy. If we ran our business the way they run HTC we would have no customers. PLEASE HELP!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I returned my HTC10 for repairs because it wouldn't connect to mobile data. HTC Huston repair center received my phone on July 21. 3 days later the online repair tracking status still showed that the phone was not received. I called customer service and was told they found the phone and were going to send it to me by Aug.4 - the extreme of their 7-10 business days policy. In the meantime I received a nice email saying they found the problem and it was going to be an over-the-air software fix.

On Aug.4 I didn't receive the phone and the online status still showed they were waiting for the phone. I called and was told that they are missing parts that are to arrive from Taiwan. I am a telecom engineer and that doesn't sound like software. Basically, they don't seem to know what they're doing and different people telling different stories. Tried to escalate but no one can do anything. In contrast, my wife had an issue with her iPhone 6. She went to an Apple store and they gave her a new one and even transferred her data for her. She was in and out in 2 hours. My advice... don't buy HTC products.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Started the UH OH Protection process back in July 7th and there has been no phone sent as of July 31st as part of the Swap option. Every day I call it is the same lies on how it is being shipped soon. The escalation team, ironically enough, is worthless and hasn't escalated a thing. They just feed lies every time I call. How hard can it be to ship the phone? Could have bought ten of them already on the website. Sounds like they have a great program in place until you have to go through it.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I bought an HTC 10 from HTC when they come out. One month later they sent down the air update and locked up the phone so we did a swap out. The second one it all worked but the finger scanner and the phone had an echo on the other end of the phone call. So we swapped again. All worked again but it had an echo on the other end of phone call so there swapping for phone number 4. I will try to make them spend every dollar I can till I get one that works right. Any third party software will stop the echo and they told me to start using it. B.S. It's so sad that I pay 750 dollars for a phone and it came with an RE camera. O I forgot to say the RE camera was cracked. They're a joke of phone company and when they stop sending me phones the last one I will root and I bet it will work. I will use string and paper cups to call on before I ever buy any HTC junk again.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I wish I could give zero stars to this service, they do not deserve even 1 out of 5. I purchased Uh-Oh screen replacement service along with my new HTC 10. Eventually, the screen was cracked and I needed replacement. After talking to an HTC agent I was assured the replacement phone will arrive within 3 to 5 business days. I placed the request on July 12, and as I am writing now, on July 25, my order has not even been processed.... But they put the $500 hold on my card immediately!

Original review: July 21, 2017

My phone restarts 5-10 times a day so I initiated the replacement process. HTC promptly sent me a phone in early May. However, the phone had the same problem. They said they would send me another but didn't. Several phone calls later, they initiated the return process again. It is now July 21 and I've been waiting since May 12th to receive a fully functional HTC 10. As always, when I call, they reported that they'll be contacting me the following Monday with the tracking information. This time they had an additional excuse: they said the warranty service provider they use had switched and the new one will resolve the problems that previously existed.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I send my phone for repair on June 19. They tell me will take two week for fix up my phone and to today July 18, my phone still on repair. I call HTC and they say there have problems with their parts!! Taiwan don't send to them. I just chat on the HTC web, and tell me the same story about Taiwan don't send part yet... I never buy any phone from HTC again...

Original review: July 17, 2017

Purchased a HTC 10 and was loving the phone but unfortunately the camera started malfunctioning. After dealing with the technical support which also was a very wonderful experience (sarcasm) I finally was able to send it in and get it replaced. Little did I know that unlike the advertised quick turn around on repairs It would be 2050 before my HTC 10 was to be replaced. This is fraudulent. It's literally been over a month now and all I've got is multiple emails in broken English saying how "it's going to ship soon. We are so sorry."

I tell anyone and everyone of this horror story and steer them away from this company and their lies. Last time I ever purchase an HTC product again. I actually had a good nostalgic vibe coming into this as well. I owned several great HTC products in the past including a really old HTC Soul Slider. Unfortunately while I sit here waiting for months for my replacement and as they hold 600$ on my card for which this phone is now probably worth half, all that is out the window. This company sucks. They don't stand behind the warranty claims at all. And I hope you think twice before purchasing any product from them.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Like many of others have complained, I initiated my request for a replacement for my water damaged phone under the UH OH program on May 31, 2017. As of today, July 12, 2017, I was told millions of times that my case had been escalated and they would update me with further notice via email, but I had received nothing from HTC. My case status has been showing "Packing Device" since June 14. Worst warranty service in the world.

Original review: June 24, 2017

HTC 10 Uh Oh Protection is fake. Well after reading all this post about HTC makes me feel very disappointed in myself for not researching this company before buying. I have been waiting for a HTC 10 refurbished replacement for almost a month now. I know a short time compared to others. I don't understand how a major corporation like this can make such lies through their customer service department saying how they will escalate your case and promise to call you back and keep you in the loop. I will steer all my friends to stay away from this company. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for having an open forum to alert consumers of their buying choices.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I purchased a new HTC Ultra U off of HTC's website at a staggering $800. One of the main reasons I purchased the phone was for the included insurance that they offer on high end phones called UH-OH coverage. It is an insurance policy that covers broken/cracked screens and liquid/water damage. The policy is very clear as it reads, if you crack your screen or your phone sustains water damage through no fault of your own, you have two options, you can send the phone in for repair free of charge or you can opt for the advanced replacement option. In this case you provide HTC with a credit card number, they place a $600 hold on your card and once the hold is authorized they ship you a new phone overnight and after you get the new phone you have 10 days to return the damaged unit with a prepaid shipping label. Once HTC receives the damaged unit they release the hold on the card.

I started the advanced replacement process on 6/19/2017 and as I write this review (6/23/2017) my order has not even been processed. In fact every time I call they give me a different excuse as to why the phone hasn't shipped. Now I am being told that the phone will not ship until the 28th or 29th of June. Needless to say I have purchased my last overpriced phone from HTC. This company's customer service policies are disgraceful at the very least. I might add that even though I have not received my new phone as of yet, HTC has taken and is holding the $600 off my credit card as of the original claim date of 6/19/2017. They don't care about getting you your phone but they make sure they take your money. STAY AWAY FROM HTC!!!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Downloaded Outlook to my HTC Bolt and all my pics were promptly deleted. Thanks a lot for a product I thought would work with today's technology, but no, it is JUNK! Don't buy anything with these letters: "HTC".

Original review: May 25, 2017

I have an HTC 626 and sense home crashes every day 4 or 5 times a day and I have to restart my phone and I keep sending error reports but nothing gets done. I wish I can remove it from my phone forever. I don't need it. It's useless and causes nothing but issues. I will never again get an HTC product. They don't care about their customers.

Original review: May 17, 2017

This company is filled with a bunch scam people. I had bought my phone in Aug 2016, brand new, it stopped working that same month. I think I had dropped some water on it. Now, I called them, they said they were going to replace the phone within 2 days. I called them as soon as the phone did not work. This was Oct 1, 2016 I called them. Two days went by nothing came. I called them, they said, "It's on the way." 5 days later, nothing. I called again, they said, "In two days." I called to get my phone replaced Oct 1, I did not receive my phone until October 28, 2016. I sent my broken phone back 5 days later. They charged me $305.00, I sent them a message and they said they didn't charge me and to call the bank. The bank said they will take care of it and never did.

I called them back after a month and said, "Why are you charging me this money?" HTC said, "Because of water damage." I said, "Look at your protection plan. It says covered." HTC said, "We will refund the money." 3 weeks later still no money. I called them back and they said, "Oh the device was returned too late," then they said, "Your water damage was too deep." At this point I told them I need to speak with a manager, The manager told me, "The reason they took the money was because of the water damage being too deep." I asked, "Well, your protection plan says water damage is covered. It does not say anything about bad or easy water damage."

They told me, "It's a limited warranty and there are conditions." I said, "Okay, but it's a water damage, therefore all water damages is covered. If your terms and conditions says it covered water damage, it needs to cover all water damage. There is no such thing as bad and good water damage. If you want to pull the terms, then we have a legal problem." They Manager said he was going to return half of the money in the end. They called me back later that day saying the money was charged too long ago and they will have to escalate the refund to corporate. So now, I am stuck without $305.00 because they have horrible service and support. Please don't buy from them. Save your money and buy from someone that will actual care.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Not helpful at all. Half of the people you can't understand. They sure don't back up their product or treat their customers with respect. They say to try something and we do it then call them back when it didn't work. The next person tells us to do the same thing as it will help to do it 30 times. I give this company and their product (HTC One M9 cell phone) a 0 rating. Good luck if you have an HTC phone.

HTC Company Information