HTC

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I returned my HTC10 for repairs because it wouldn't connect to mobile data. HTC Huston repair center received my phone on July 21. 3 days later the online repair tracking status still showed that the phone was not received. I called customer service and was told they found the phone and were going to send it to me by Aug.4 - the extreme of their 7-10 business days policy. In the meantime I received a nice email saying they found the problem and it was going to be an over-the-air software fix.

On Aug.4 I didn't receive the phone and the online status still showed they were waiting for the phone. I called and was told that they are missing parts that are to arrive from Taiwan. I am a telecom engineer and that doesn't sound like software. Basically, they don't seem to know what they're doing and different people telling different stories. Tried to escalate but no one can do anything. In contrast, my wife had an issue with her iPhone 6. She went to an Apple store and they gave her a new one and even transferred her data for her. She was in and out in 2 hours. My advice... don't buy HTC products.

Started the UH OH Protection process back in July 7th and there has been no phone sent as of July 31st as part of the Swap option. Every day I call it is the same lies on how it is being shipped soon. The escalation team, ironically enough, is worthless and hasn't escalated a thing. They just feed lies every time I call. How hard can it be to ship the phone? Could have bought ten of them already on the website. Sounds like they have a great program in place until you have to go through it.

I bought an HTC 10 from HTC when they come out. One month later they sent down the air update and locked up the phone so we did a swap out. The second one it all worked but the finger scanner and the phone had an echo on the other end of the phone call. So we swapped again. All worked again but it had an echo on the other end of phone call so there swapping for phone number 4. I will try to make them spend every dollar I can till I get one that works right. Any third party software will stop the echo and they told me to start using it. B.S. It's so sad that I pay 750 dollars for a phone and it came with an RE camera. O I forgot to say the RE camera was cracked. They're a joke of phone company and when they stop sending me phones the last one I will root and I bet it will work. I will use string and paper cups to call on before I ever buy any HTC junk again.

I wish I could give zero stars to this service, they do not deserve even 1 out of 5. I purchased Uh-Oh screen replacement service along with my new HTC 10. Eventually, the screen was cracked and I needed replacement. After talking to an HTC agent I was assured the replacement phone will arrive within 3 to 5 business days. I placed the request on July 12, and as I am writing now, on July 25, my order has not even been processed.... But they put the $500 hold on my card immediately!

My phone restarts 5-10 times a day so I initiated the replacement process. HTC promptly sent me a phone in early May. However, the phone had the same problem. They said they would send me another but didn't. Several phone calls later, they initiated the return process again. It is now July 21 and I've been waiting since May 12th to receive a fully functional HTC 10. As always, when I call, they reported that they'll be contacting me the following Monday with the tracking information. This time they had an additional excuse: they said the warranty service provider they use had switched and the new one will resolve the problems that previously existed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HTC?

I send my phone for repair on June 19. They tell me will take two week for fix up my phone and to today July 18, my phone still on repair. I call HTC and they say there have problems with their parts!! Taiwan don't send to them. I just chat on the HTC web, and tell me the same story about Taiwan don't send part yet... I never buy any phone from HTC again...

Purchased a HTC 10 and was loving the phone but unfortunately the camera started malfunctioning. After dealing with the technical support which also was a very wonderful experience (sarcasm) I finally was able to send it in and get it replaced. Little did I know that unlike the advertised quick turn around on repairs It would be 2050 before my HTC 10 was to be replaced. This is fraudulent. It's literally been over a month now and all I've got is multiple emails in broken English saying how "it's going to ship soon. We are so sorry."

I tell anyone and everyone of this horror story and steer them away from this company and their lies. Last time I ever purchase an HTC product again. I actually had a good nostalgic vibe coming into this as well. I owned several great HTC products in the past including a really old HTC Soul Slider. Unfortunately while I sit here waiting for months for my replacement and as they hold 600$ on my card for which this phone is now probably worth half, all that is out the window. This company sucks. They don't stand behind the warranty claims at all. And I hope you think twice before purchasing any product from them.

Like many of others have complained, I initiated my request for a replacement for my water damaged phone under the UH OH program on May 31, 2017. As of today, July 12, 2017, I was told millions of times that my case had been escalated and they would update me with further notice via email, but I had received nothing from HTC. My case status has been showing "Packing Device" since June 14. Worst warranty service in the world.

HTC 10 Uh Oh Protection is fake. Well after reading all this post about HTC makes me feel very disappointed in myself for not researching this company before buying. I have been waiting for a HTC 10 refurbished replacement for almost a month now. I know a short time compared to others. I don't understand how a major corporation like this can make such lies through their customer service department saying how they will escalate your case and promise to call you back and keep you in the loop. I will steer all my friends to stay away from this company. Thank you ConsumerAffairs for having an open forum to alert consumers of their buying choices.

I purchased a new HTC Ultra U off of HTC's website at a staggering $800. One of the main reasons I purchased the phone was for the included insurance that they offer on high end phones called UH-OH coverage. It is an insurance policy that covers broken/cracked screens and liquid/water damage. The policy is very clear as it reads, if you crack your screen or your phone sustains water damage through no fault of your own, you have two options, you can send the phone in for repair free of charge or you can opt for the advanced replacement option. In this case you provide HTC with a credit card number, they place a $600 hold on your card and once the hold is authorized they ship you a new phone overnight and after you get the new phone you have 10 days to return the damaged unit with a prepaid shipping label. Once HTC receives the damaged unit they release the hold on the card.

I started the advanced replacement process on 6/19/2017 and as I write this review (6/23/2017) my order has not even been processed. In fact every time I call they give me a different excuse as to why the phone hasn't shipped. Now I am being told that the phone will not ship until the 28th or 29th of June. Needless to say I have purchased my last overpriced phone from HTC. This company's customer service policies are disgraceful at the very least. I might add that even though I have not received my new phone as of yet, HTC has taken and is holding the $600 off my credit card as of the original claim date of 6/19/2017. They don't care about getting you your phone but they make sure they take your money. STAY AWAY FROM HTC!!!

Downloaded Outlook to my HTC Bolt and all my pics were promptly deleted. Thanks a lot for a product I thought would work with today's technology, but no, it is JUNK! Don't buy anything with these letters: "HTC".

I have an HTC 626 and sense home crashes every day 4 or 5 times a day and I have to restart my phone and I keep sending error reports but nothing gets done. I wish I can remove it from my phone forever. I don't need it. It's useless and causes nothing but issues. I will never again get an HTC product. They don't care about their customers.

This company is filled with a bunch scam people. I had bought my phone in Aug 2016, brand new, it stopped working that same month. I think I had dropped some water on it. Now, I called them, they said they were going to replace the phone within 2 days. I called them as soon as the phone did not work. This was Oct 1, 2016 I called them. Two days went by nothing came. I called them, they said, "It's on the way." 5 days later, nothing. I called again, they said, "In two days." I called to get my phone replaced Oct 1, I did not receive my phone until October 28, 2016. I sent my broken phone back 5 days later. They charged me $305.00, I sent them a message and they said they didn't charge me and to call the bank. The bank said they will take care of it and never did.

I called them back after a month and said, "Why are you charging me this money?" HTC said, "Because of water damage." I said, "Look at your protection plan. It says covered." HTC said, "We will refund the money." 3 weeks later still no money. I called them back and they said, "Oh the device was returned too late," then they said, "Your water damage was too deep." At this point I told them I need to speak with a manager, The manager told me, "The reason they took the money was because of the water damage being too deep." I asked, "Well, your protection plan says water damage is covered. It does not say anything about bad or easy water damage."

They told me, "It's a limited warranty and there are conditions." I said, "Okay, but it's a water damage, therefore all water damages is covered. If your terms and conditions says it covered water damage, it needs to cover all water damage. There is no such thing as bad and good water damage. If you want to pull the terms, then we have a legal problem." They Manager said he was going to return half of the money in the end. They called me back later that day saying the money was charged too long ago and they will have to escalate the refund to corporate. So now, I am stuck without $305.00 because they have horrible service and support. Please don't buy from them. Save your money and buy from someone that will actual care.

Not helpful at all. Half of the people you can't understand. They sure don't back up their product or treat their customers with respect. They say to try something and we do it then call them back when it didn't work. The next person tells us to do the same thing as it will help to do it 30 times. I give this company and their product (HTC One M9 cell phone) a 0 rating. Good luck if you have an HTC phone.

HTC makes a substandard product. This phone catches on fire. Beware of this phone causing fires. The company would not replace, reimburse me for the replacement phone I bought. My HTC phone was only four months old. It began overheating and turning off and began burning a hole in the back plastic cover. Don't take a risk with this phone! It could harm you or your home with a possible fire. It's not worth taking lives!

Trying to get a phone replaced under their uh-oh protection is nothing less than a lot of pain. Who wants to wait a month for a replace phone? Not to mention hours waiting on the phone for someone to answer your questions to where your phone is and when will it be here. I like the the HTC 10 but customer service is by far the worst and will be the cause of this company going down. As of 4-10-2017 I'm still waiting for my replacement phone and even sitting here on hold waiting for a supervisors which has been 15 minutes now. NOT HAPPY.

I wish I could be here feeling Better. I fell in love with HTC and their Quality a little over 2 years ago. I had the HTC One Max through Sprint. Phone was stolen. I liked it so much that I purchased phone unlocked. The HTC 10 is the only 1 that I like as much as mine so I decided to buy it. Happy of course because I was getting it Unlocked from the Manufacturer. To my surprise it pays better to shop at Amazon or even Ebay. They selected FedEx to deliver my package. Fedex for 2 consecutive days had on their website delivery next day end of day. When they finally appeared at the delivery address was 1:22 PM. Unwillingness of Fedex driver to come back, options given to hope that they make due and follow what I was being disclosed by their website Deliver by End of Day however now the time frame was 11:40 AM until 4:45 PM. Also I had the option of driving over an hour to pick up my phone.

Contacted Supervisors or so I thought @ HTC whom ended up being as useless and not well trained as individuals I was speaking with on the FedEx side. How does a Customer spend over $600.00 and the ball is dropped on your court and you don't attempt to mitigate that in any way, shape or form. Needless to say that I will not be purchasing any more phones unlocked from HTC as a warranty that goes through a 1000 loops to cover a damaged item is rarely awarded paying Amazon from a reputable seller almost $400.00 less for same phone and use USPS that could deliver my item inside my locker box. Think wisely before spending so much on a product you might have gotten from elsewhere same New Conditions better CSR Service. Example Amazon I purchased something Sat. 03/04. Delivered 3/8 I handed it to UPS guy for Return 3/9 by 11:30 AM or so by 1:32 PM. Amazon advised they were processing my refund.

I order HTC 10 on 12/20/2016, on HTC website had promotion free pair Jabra Move wireless headphones but I never get it. After 2 months I call them. They said I never order headphones when I order phone but that wasn't have options to order headphones at same times. I spoke to them few times. The answer was nothing they can do. That is very bad customer service to me. That was fake advertisement fake promotion. Next time will go for Apple. I think HTC doesn't care just lost one customer.

HTC provides terrible service. Not an hour goes by without a interruption in internet service. My repeated phone calls have sometimes improved service for a short period of time but eventually service reverts back to frequent disconnections. The technicians are polite but never in agreement with each other. I have heard it all. If other providers were available at my address, I would have switched long ago. I have written two other reviews in my life but I intend to start writing reviews about HTC whenever I have an opportunity. I regret I should have to give them even one star, but this will not post without any star at all. Oh I just hit the post button but I am getting the message I have no connection.

I have had HTC One S HTC One M7 M8 M9 and now I have HTC 10. I've loved every one of them. Never had a minute's problem with them. They were great and I love the superior sound quality that's why I kept going back to them but now I decided to try to take advantage of the protection as I have a small crack in my screen. I was given the number directly to HTC by T-Mobile my service provider. I called them up and talk to them and they basically told me, "If you don't buy the phone directly from HTC your warranty is null and void." They will fix the phone but she will have to pay for it and they're not even nice about it.

Took me 47 minutes of being talked over the top of by their customer service rep which was not friendly, not nice to say the least and ask before I could finally get a supervisor on the line which I have been asking for repeatedly since the first minute I was on the phone with him because that's when he let me know that I would not be getting any protection. Because I don't get how I don't have protection since I didn't buy it directly from them so all I can say about protection you don't have any protection. I will never buy anything with the letters HTC on it ever again and I can tell you they are shady crooked underhanded just from my experience not to mention not even nice about it. Don't even try to be nice with you on the telephone repeatedly over the top of you that says I'm finally doing it back to them.

Quit talking over the top of me very never have anything HTC ever again and as far as your protection is right you don't have any protection. They crooked underhanded Shady people. This trying to take advantage of us here in the states. When I said ask him if he was here in the states and he told me no and giggled well that right there was a sign that I wasn't going to get any help whatsoever and that was within the first minute. Do not I repeat do not buy anything HTC and if you do have something HTC by all means please call them and please see what you can get done which I can guarantee will be nothing.

I purchased an HTC One A9 direct from the HTC website. The phone's camera broke twice and after sending it in the second time for repair there were no updates for the repair for at least a week. I believe they lost my phone and substituted another refurbished unit. After multiple web chats and calls they eventually created another ticket with a completely different IMEI number from the one I recorded for the phone sent in. They continued to lie to me by saying that was the phone they received. The agreed repair time was 7-10 days and after thirty days the phone finally shipped.

Ultimately FedEx lost the phone and instead of sending me a replacement the customer service persons continue to tell me that it is FedEx's responsibility. It has now been over 50 days and they no longer return calls or offer any solution. It is my position that HTC is responsible as they are the party who chose FedEx and obviously did not insure the package. They continuously claim to understand my frustration but never do anything to resolve the matter. Needless to say, I will never purchase another HTC device.

Fantastic hardware, but UI has serious problems. I've had this phone from launch day, I've owned the HTC sensation XE, HTC one x, HTC one x+, one m7, one m8, one m9 & now the HTC 10. I've contacted support on several occasions without resolve. The problems! Big problems too. Everyone advises that you turn off NFC when it's not in use for security android pay, paypal" etc. Well the only way to do so on the "HTC10" is to unlock the phone & pull down the top draw & select settings, then scroll to more then switch on NFC or switch it off "ridiculous". The two finger pull down is non-customisable. Makes wireless payments pointless quicker using my cards.

The other big issue is you can't turn on normal battery saver from the two finger pull down either. Yes you can use extreme saver this way! But I didn't pay over £600 to turn my phone into a Nokia 3310 with even less features. I want to be able to use all my phone's features. It may be a bit slower but still gives me better battery life! I've spent more than enough time communicating with HTC on these matters, only to be ignored. I'll not be buying the next HTC flagship...

Where to begin? Hmm. Well, I guess I can start with the update that broke my phone, which apparently wasn't from HTC, so it's not covered under warranty, but it looked exactly the way all the other updates looked like, so I'm pretty sure it was their stupid update that broke it. Let's move on to the "24-48" hour to get in touch with you/mail out your label thing, like how it didn't happen, until I called 5 days later and then they sent it out. Or we could move on to the fact that now the "damage" that was done to my phone apparently costs $270 to repair, which I could just buy a new phone for that amount and do away with HTC altogether. But regardless, how come I have all this damage to my phone, when there was nothing wrong with it other than the original problem? And the "24-48" callback that again didn't happen until I called them back 4 days later, only to be told that they couldn't track down the person who was working on my case.

That person finally called me back 4 hours later, and let me know that they couldn't speak to me, but they needed to speak to my husband?! Why the HELL did it take 4 phone calls for them to tell me that?! I hate HTC CS and will never be dealing with them again. I want my phone back and I will be trading it in for something that doesn't suck or doesn't have crap service with a bunch of idiots running it. Never again will I have one of their shoddy, inferior products (seeing as this was my second on and the second one to cause me issues). Thanks for nothing HTC!

Had an HTC phone. The screen went out, called the warranty department. Was told the phone was still under warranty, had to pay to send the phone in to them, was told they would send it back, free. It's mighty strange. I was told it would cost about $100 to fix the phone before they even received or looked at my phone. Send the phone through UPS, received an email that the phone was delivered, received by someone name John.

Went to check the status of the phone, was informed it wasn't received. Called "we have it now." Two days had pass was giving photo that the phone had water damage, phone had never been in any water except what they did. Cost of repair was exactly the cost I was told before they received the phone. There was a little object wedge in the phone as if water had been added, everybody knows water VOIDS any warranty. These people are SHADY as HELL.

HTC is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I've been waiting for my phone to get fixed under warranty for about 2 1/2 months. It all started with me downloading the htc on update which broke my phone - it couldn't restart and for the last 2 months I've called them about 10 times having everyone tell me something different saying either it's handled or something else and I signed up for them to send me a new refurbished phone not to fix my phone. But if I call them right now they still tell me they have a order for me to get my phone fixed and that's it's gonna cost $110 and that I'm no longer under warranty. Only person who can talk to me and handle my case is the case manager who is never there or always on lunch when I call. Biggest thing of ** I've ever dealt with. I will never get a htc phone or support them in any way ever again!!!

I bought a HTC phone on their website. The day it arrived, I dropped it, cracking the screen. A couple phone calls and a week later I received a faulty refurbished replacement phone. Not only was I promised to not receive a refurbished phone, but a FAULTY one arrived. It has now been another two weeks (3 weeks in total) and they still haven't sent the return label for me to send the faulty phone back.

I've called them 8 times and every time I'm promised that the issue has been escalated, a supervisor will call me, and the shipping label will show up in my email this time. They always say I can trust whoever I am now talking to. They're all liars. NOTHING ever happens. No phone call, No email. NOTHING. The worst part is that they refuse to give me a refund. Apparently all they can do is replace the phone with another refurbished one. I don't trust that it will work either. And in the meantime, I bought a brand new phone and am stuck with a faulty refurbished one. Don't ever buy a phone from their website. It's not worth the trouble.

I have purchased HTC phones for 6 years now. I also purchase HTC phones for work, hundreds each year. I was up until this experience a huge HTC supporter. I purchased a HTC 10 through Sprint with one of those leasing plans in July. My phone just stopped working for no reason, so I thought the Uhh Ohh protection would be a great idea. So I sent my barely used, in perfect condition phone to HTC. Last Saturday I received back a Frankenstein phone, spent 5 hrs on the phone with Sprint trying to activate the phone. The meid and imei were completely different numbers instead of being one number off.

I finally talked to a 3rd level engineer and he said no way this phone can be added to Sprint's database because even though it boots up and says Sprint it is a gsm phone not cdma. He told me to call HTC and tell them to send another phone. So I did and they told me their RMA dept was not open until Monday instead of shipping me a new phone. So I called first thing Monday and they submitted a ticket to their escalation dept and told me I would hear back in 3-5 days!!! No I am not joking. Any other company would have next day-ed a phone because they screwed up. Not HTC!!!

Oh and the lady asked me if I bought my phone at Walmart and if it was prepaid. "No it was a Sprint phone. That's what I sent you. What you sent back is not my phone at all." It is now a week later and I still have not heard from them. I still don't have a phone that works and I am still paying for a phone. Anyone have any advice??? This is ridiculous, how does a company treat its customers like this?

I'm not gonna sit here and type out the entire story, but my god what a ride this has been. Why my brain hurts. I don't know the exact dates, times or what I was wearing during this whole process, but months ago, I dropped my phone in the middle of the road while riding my bike. The phone then got run over by a car. So that's great. I then called in for a replacement through my uh oh insurance. They sent me a new phone, life was good. Though I waited about 2 weeks before getting the phone, things seemed okay. After 1 day of using the replacement phone I soon found out that it would decide to die quite literally whenever it felt like it. 99% battery, 58% battery, 1% battery. It was a gamble. So I then call back in to warn them of the issue and request another replacement phone. No big deal.

Well it was a big deal because they had every excuse as to why they would not replace it. I finally talked them into it and waited another month to receive the new one. I was a little more upset but I had my phone again and forgot about it. Not so fast. The ** power button doesn't work so God forbid I let it die. I call probably a total of 15-20 different times, and 15-20 different reps before I finally talk to Farida who promptly assured me that I would be receiving my new phone as soon as I send mine in (since I wasn't about to let them take $599 out of my account for over nighting my new phone, even as a temporary hold).

So, I wait 24 hours to receive an email so I can then send in the phone. I go to FedEx the very next day and ship my phone. Farida calls me from an unknown number causing my work phone to block the call. She leaves me a voicemail explaining that they have received my phone and will be in repair for only a couple of days. Well today is 10/26/16 and it had been well over a month now that I have been attempting to contact them in regards the - what in the ** is going on.

In the amount of time I have been waiting for a response, I went out and bought a Samsung S7 Edge. Lovely phone by the way. Let's just hope their customer service isn't complete Garbage too. So anyways, I just called in again today at about 2 pm and not a single supervisor was available. Not even Farida, who again, assured me things would be taken care of in a timely fashion.

So the rep tells me she guarantees that Farida will contact me by the end of the day. I wait and wait with no response (omg no way right?? She GUARANTEED it!!). Nothing... it is 8:15 pm and after being on hold with a dude named "Ice" for what seemed like 20 minutes. (It was probably only like 5 min.) He comes back on the line and begins to tell me that they have not received the phone I sent in. So that's cool. So I say, "Let me speak to a supervisor immediately or I'm gonna lose my mind." So he puts me on hold again which by the way, he kept the phone on instead of playing that obnoxious hold tone that's stuck in my head at this point. I begin to hear reps laughing, playing, having a grand old time, and then suddenly an annoying Dial Up Tone and of course I hang up. So needless to say people, I do not have any form of closure to this situation and at this point, I truly don't expect to ever receive the phone.

Okay so I still basically told the whole story. There were some moments of getting hung up on, irritability, and employee ignorance here and there but this is about the sum of it. VERY, very, very annoyed with this whole situation. I've been very respectful and calm throughout the entire process (yeah I'm sure all unhappy customers say this but I'm a pretty even tempered guy) and yet still got nowhere with any of these people. So if you're thinking about getting an HTC Phone, just know that the brand new ones are always fantastic, just don't break it. And especially don't try to get a problem resolved through customer service. If there's no way around it, just hang yourself. Buh bye!

Cracked my phone screen on 8/30 and initiated Uh Oh Protection. As the website and terms and conditions state, I was expecting a replacement phone to be on my doorstep in two days. It took 5. Remember, all I did was crack the screen, the first time I dropped the device without a case on it, mind you. Anyways, The whole process took from 8/30 all the way to 9/13 when I finally received my "new" device.

When I opened the repackaging, I was disappointed to notice that the entire left-hand corner of the device was completely unattached to the body of the phone along with some severe bleeding along the bottom portion of the device. The LEDs for the touch capacitive buttons were much dimmer than they were previously, and I could see the light even coming around the sides of the finger scanner.

Currently I am waiting for an email, which their customer support is not very good at sending emails promptly, and have been waiting for an email since Monday (9/26) and as I write this review it is Friday (9/30). All of this waiting just for the email with the address to send the phone to, the return shipping of which I have to pay for.

I love HTC devices. I love the software integration and I love the design of my HTC 10. But they shouldn't advertise Uh Oh Protection if it's this much of a headache to deal with. I have had no luck in getting any customer service rep to help me out in any sort of prompt way. At this point I am receiving one email a day if I'm lucky, and of course, they don't work weekends, so I won't get my email until next week. Again, the email is what I'm waiting for.

Overall, I'm so severely disappointed with the after sale support of HTC, and it makes it very difficult to consider the purchase of anymore HTC devices, at least with the current state of their customer service. You'd think when you shell out 600 dollars to a company for the promise of a warranty and customer service representation they'd treat you a little better, but I guess they already have my money.

On the 22/7/16 I sent my HTC M8 for repair it is still in warranty until February 2017. On 29/7/16 I received an email stating it was at the repairs centre. On 1/8/16 I was sent an email stating "Our initial assessment of your device indicates that the repair work required is caused by damage that isn't covered by warranty. Unfortunately, this means we must charge you for the repair." (The bill was 372.47 itemising the need to replace 20 components that were considered to be damaged, but not giving any reason what the damage was). I contested this with an advisor who said the reason was it was out of warranty, she contacted THREE mobile whilst I was on hold to confirmed it was in warranty and told me it would take another 72 for a decision regarding the repair. To keep a paper trail I sent a return email stating "I do not believe the reason my phone was not working was my fault and require further supporting evidence".

12/8/16 I contacted customer service via email, the reply was "Thank you for your reply and thank you for your patience regarding the matter. Rest assured that your complaint will be raised to the escalations manager handling your case. Any feedback I receive will be forwarded to you". I have no idea who my escalation manager is! 19/8/16 I went into a THREE store and asked if I could contact HTC, I was told by an HTC advisor that he did not have the up to date information on his computer and would get someone to ring me back. (No one did). 20/8/16 I was asked to fill in a survey about my experience, it allowed me the option for someone to contact me (No one did).

30/8/16 I finally got onto Web Chat after several attempts, a helpful person checked all my details and asked an advisor to contact me. I received a call within half an hour and was told my phone was out of warranty as it was water damaged and therefore it was up to me to pay for the repairs. I explained it has not been near water, steam or an excessively damp environment and contested this decision requesting photographic evidence. I was forwarded a picture of the inside of a phone which was visibly water damaged and my phones IMEI number printed at the top of the page.

I was told there are a number of reasons as to how I could have got my phone water damaged I.e. if I answered it if it was raining I suggested that if I could not use it in everyday situations then perhaps it was not "fit for purpose". During this phone call I was asked if I minded the advisor dealing with another customer concern. I suggested that I speak to the advisor who sent me the last email, who was on holiday and would be back tomorrow. I asked for confirmation via email that I would be contacted back. At this stage I am awaiting a call back, but feel extremely frustrated with the inconsistent customer service I have received.

HTC Company Profile