1.19/5

286 HTC Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

I have been loyal to HTC for many years and have a collection of all HTC phone even though everyone told me to switch to Galaxy or Google phone. My phone has a crack on the screen, I called all the repair company and no one carry the screen. I called HTC. The customer service instead of trying to help me with the screen either sell it or replace or guide me where to find a repair shop, she was trying to push me to buy a newer version, in which that is a clue for me that is about time for me to move on from a HTC to a more reliable company.

Original review: July 9, 2019

WARNING! - AWFUL SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. After years of using and investing in HTC, their repair centre are charging me a criminal £300 for a HTC10 BATTERY change because the phone "is out of region" (bought outside UK). It doesn't say anywhere in their T&C they won't repair those phones. I lost £40 just to have someone stare at it, run a couple of automated tests and decide you need an all new motherboard at an over inflated price for a 2 year old phone. This is after weeks of chat conversations where they knew the phone was out of region but didn't tell me that would be an issue. This is what you get for investing time and money in them. Will never buy again, will make sure to tell people not to.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The phone is a good phone except the glass. Glass scratched within 36 days of owning just by picking up off table. Called customer support and even though only 6 days after warranty they were not willing to help. They only would do repairs and don't even cover the cost of sending in the phone. I have owned their phones for years and put through hell in the military and never had an issue, now new phone quality has gone downhill along with their support for customers. Probably why they don't sell them anymore in the US and have to buy directly through website. Went through 3 customers support people and yet nothing was resolved and tried to blame me for phone issues. Will never be going through them ever again when this phone is done. They had great phones in the past but seems they don't care about them or customers anymore.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Own a HTC-Vive and love it. It is my second home away from the PC. They also have what's called Viveport which you can subscribe each month for free VR games and movies, also Vive has a community site where you can write for technical help or share what you like or found on your VR. HTC-Vive --I am very pleased and would strongly recommend buying one.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought an HTC 10 for my sister as a present. Less than a year later the battery exploded and almost burned my sister's hands and the office. We contacted the local HTC service center only to have them say the warranty was over, which didn't make sense because a phone shouldn't explode under any circumstances. We contacted the HTC Dubai, they asked to send them the unit, and after sending it, they just kept calling every week saying they had made no decision and have no feedback to give. After over 7-8 months of the same thing I asked to have the unit sent back as it was meaningless and going nowhere with customer service. They also refused to send an official report as to what they found out. It's the last time I'll let anyone buy from HTC again - friends or family or any stranger even. Don't know what to do next.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HTC?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Order number - **. I have purchased HTC 12 plus on 1/8 with additional two days shipping as it was urgently required for my spouse's birthday. On 1/10 when I called HTC as the product was not shipped, they told me for the two day shipping delivery, HTC takes 3 days for processing and 2 days for shipping so total they 5 days. In case of one day shipping it will take 3 days for processing and 1 day for shipping so total 4 days.

I don't understand the logic behind this, then why will someone pay extra 30$ for one day shipping. It is nowhere written on website about this hidden policy when we choose the shipping method. I called HTC few times and told the associate to transfer the call to supervisor and the supervisors were never available and always busy, they always put me on hold for long time and told me supervisor will call back, which they never did. I told them it's nowhere written about 3 extra days of processing time on their website and they said it's their internal policy. I told them to send me in writing on email about this policy and they said they cannot send emails outside.

If I knew this earlier, I would have not purchased this with two days shipping and would have bought something else for my spouse's birthday. I like the HTC products but their sales and service is something which is bringing their company down and soon HTC will be closed. They are charging and making extra money from customers in the name of express shipping and sending products in regular 5 days shipping.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Purchased a new HTC Bolt from Tello. After 3 months the phone's screen went blank on half the screen. This defect was known on these phones by HTC,

On advice from a Sprint repair shop I got in touch with HTC “customer support." Customer support said no problem. Just email Proof of Purchase, serial number of phone and their “escalations team” will contact me in two business days. Nobody got back to me and two subsequent calls that I made accomplished nothing: First call, “We did not receive your proof of purchase email to nam_suppor... Not pop_support..." Second call, "You purchased it from nonauthorized dealer so we won't honor our warranty." This company evidently cares little about its customers as this incident and this forum show.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

HTC 10 put out an update that basically drains the battery and when you call them to talk to them about it they tell you it's not a known issue. Do a simple search online and it's obvious I'm not the only one. Now this phone is not paid off and I'm not complaining about the price I wasn't when I bought it and I'm not now, what is the problem is that I'm paying money for something that no longer functions as sold to you. Boot loops and shutdowns at literally 68% battery life. Shutdowns at 40%. Nothing like charging a phone all night just to have it shut down an hour later, even without continuous use. If you want to use this phone keep it plugged in to a power source. Now just think about that for a moment. They claim it's not a known issue and can't fix it and are basically helpless. Imagine buying a car that they couldn't repair. Things like this shouldn't happen.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Email sent to Oregon consumer protection agency at help@oregonconsumer.gov on 10-1-18. Good day: In Feb 2018, I had to pay $200 to get a replacement Sprint phone (my HTC EVO 4G broke), while still making payments on my originally-purchased $600 EVO. The first replacement phone sent me was not an HTC EVO 4G. Sprint/Asurion said they didn’t have any to send. Only an HTC Bolt. I'd researched this phone and found it incredibly lacking and not the same quality as my EVO 4G. So, I requested I be put on the waiting list to get another EVO.

From the start, the shipped HTC Bolt would not pair with my $90 Plantronics Bluetooth nor would send photos while on WIFI via text app. Only could send text. Had to be on Sprint network to send photos. I was on the phone for about an hour with customer service and a tech. So they sent me another Bolt. Exact same issues. This phone lasted until 9-30-2018 when the power button stopped working. Now the phone is on all the time, I have screen-power saver on, and to waken the phone to use it, I have to thump it with my finger or thumb.

7 months of non-properly working phones and then failure of the 2nd one is enough. 10-1-2018 at 9:30 a.m., I called Asurion who deals with Sprint’s phone insurance and replacements. Waited 18 minutes on hold. Asurion has to transfer you to Sprint. Once I got a Sprint rep, they said they’d only send me at no charge another Bolt. And I agreed to getting a Bolt, so I’m stuck with it. I asked them to transfer me to their legal dept, as I have an intent to sue. But instead, they got me to Asurion again. So, I let them send me another Bolt. For now, until I switch to AT&T. I contacted an attorney dealing with a class action suit against HTC for the HTC Bolt phone. Can you advise me at all on anything pertaining to this?

Original review: July 30, 2018

This is not my first HTC. I have been a loyal customer for 3 cell phones (many years) - I don't give up easily, not so now. My past experience with customer service with HTC was good, and I had super responses, easy fixes. This latest model (HTC U11 Life) I purchased in April 2018 - I began experiencing performance issues almost immediately. It is 4 months later... The cell is still under warranty. Customer service has taken a turn for the worst - scripted solutions with no flexibility. After experiencing multi difficulties (the worst being total shut down, more than once) - after jumping through all the instructed self fixes customer service required me to do (hard reset was one) - their chosen final solution is sending the cell back (at my cost) with the repair time being 6-8 weeks (not counting shipping time).

I said it is not an option being without a cell for 2(?) months. I asked to speak with a supervisor, insisted that I am not going to be without a cell for that long of a time. Insisting that a bad product should be replaced immediately. Their supervisor (in a not so nice way) told me I had no other choice, going back to the ONLY choice I had was to send the cell back for repairs. HTC - Consumers - beware of this change in customer service when purchasing HTC products. Before you buy, make sure you know that if you receive a lemon, you will have little sympathy from HTC. Your cost and time loss with the use of the product = All your inconveniences are worth squat to HTC. Buyer beware.

HTC Company Information