1.33/5
  • 1 star
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

242 HTC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Sent in HTC 10 in on 10/30/2017, still have no phone! Now they're saying I sent in my old HTC 9, which is ludicrous! The escalation process is a joke. A total of waste of time. I did everything exactly like repair ticket email instructed. They gave me a case manager who is lying to me. ** says the repair center has not finished after a month. No duh you don't even have the right phone according to you on the repair ticket. Horrible. Never again. Stick to the giants of the cellphone industry!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I purchased HTC phone from Metro PCS. My mms carrier haven't worked. I can't send pictures. I haven't been wanting to complain but I already complain Metro PCS where I purchased it and they tried and tried to help fix my problem. Metro PCS told me it's HTC problem. It's been a year I haven't worked. ;(

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have sent my phone to HTC in August to get the Uh-Oh replacement. It is December now and they still did not send me a replacement. They are saying they don’t have this particular phone in stock. They also don’t know when they will get it. I asked them to send me another phone that has same value, they refused it, they also do not want to give me a refund. So almost 4 months without a phone. HTC, I was with you for many years, you ruined it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

My phone was still under warranty as I had purchased it 360 days before it failed. On 10/1/17 my phone stopped charging. I took it to the Verizon store 2x within a few days and they were unable to fix it. I called HTC and they said they would not replace my phone because it was purchased through Verizon but they would repair it. I had to send it to them through the mail and they would repair it and send it back within 10 days. I sent my phone to HTC for repair on 10/29/17. They confirmed receipt of my phone on November 2. They have not sent it back, will not give me an expected repair date. I have called their "customer service" number 5 times in 3 weeks. Each time they state that my "case manager" will return my call. I have yet to hear from said case manager.

They most recently gave me a phone number for headquarters. A (425) number. When I called I was greeted by a recording saying that I had reached HTC headquarters and to please hold for the next available operator. I was placed on hold for a minute and then disconnected. That happened 5 times before I gave up on that number. December 4, 2017 and it has now been more than 5 weeks since I sent my phone and they still have not returned my phone or any of my attempts at reaching someone who can give me ANY information about my phone. I am at a loss as to what else I can do. How is this even legal?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Been loyal to HTC since the HTC One and into the Bolt. I can now safely say they are horrible phones now. Constant problems. Hard resets needed and HTC doesn't care at all. Unless you get your recalls repaired in the first year of owning the phone they are under no obligation to fix the pieces of crap they make. Do not buy them. Samsung may have had the battery issues but they are way better product for the same prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HTC?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

My HTC 10 was involved in a bicycle accident and I placed a swap claim on 10/30. I was told they were having vendor problems and the replacement could take 14-20 days. 20 days later still no replacement. I chatted again and they said to contact them again in 10 days if a tracking number wasn't available. 10 days later no tracking number and another chat with HTC. Again they couldn't tell me when my device would be replaced. I asked to speak with a manager who told me the same thing. I pressed them for a phone number so I could talk to someone and after four requests they gave me 425-679-5318. I tried calling six times and each time there was an automated message asking me to hold while they transfer me to a representative. Each time after 40 seconds my call was disconnected. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this resolved?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Having been a loyal customer of HTC for around 8+ years now, it is time I figure out an alternative for my cell phone needs. It started when I leased an HTC One M9 from a local service provider about 2 years ago. I had intentions of paying the phone off and owning it outright (which ultimately happened). One of the things that prompted my decision of getting this phone was because HTC was advertising a new program called "Uh Oh protection". Something that they were unveiling for HTC phones because they wanted to increase consumer loyalty. The way it worked was that HTC would replace the phone, no questions asked, if something happened within the first year of ownership. If the owner didn't require that replacement phone in the first year, then HTC would put $100 towards the upgrade of your next phone.

Now, this wasn't explained by a direct HTC agent or the service provider, it was a release that HTC put out that I read so some of the fine details might have been overlooked on my part. So, upon planning to upgrade to my next HTC phone two years later, I contacted HTC online chat to see how I would go about redeeming my $100 credit to put towards my new HTC phone. They told me that 'the credit for the Uh Oh! expired a few months ago' and since my phone is not eligible, they could give me a $100 coupon for a new upgrade. I explained that I planned on leasing the phone through my service provider because I didn't want to pay for the phone outright just yet. She suggested I talk to my service provider to work out a deal.

So I asked if I could use the $100 credit she was going to give me towards the lease of the phone and she explained that because I 'passed your warranty last year, that's one of the reasons the credit won't work and we are not offering those anymore'. So I explained that it seemed like it defeated the purpose, that I was of the understanding of 'if I didn't ruin my phone, I could upgrade it'. So they suggested I do a 'trade-up' where I send my old device and they give you like $15 or something. I wanted to keep my old phone for backup but explained that I would talk to my service provider to get a discount as she recommended. I did that but to no avail. I did get a loyalty discount but that would apply to an Apple, Samsung, HTC or any other phone.

So, against my better judgement, I upgraded my phone to a new HTC U11. A week and a half in, I've had an error message that wouldn't clear unless I reset my phone, an experience where upon charging, the phone got hot and the charger seemed to be lodged in the charging port (and in my opinion, because of this last incident), a cracked glass back. Now, if this had not have happened, I could have taken my phone back to my service provider and returned it as long as it was in good working condition. I went back to my service provider and explained the issues and they told me to take it up with HTC being that it should be covered under their warranty considering it's less than two weeks old. So, I went back to the online chat with HTC to educate them of my issues.

In a nutshell, because they don't cover physical damage, they wanted me to send the device back, they'll diagnose the damage and send me an estimate for repair and that could take anywhere up to 6-8 weeks. I told them that I believed the damage occurred through no negligence of my own. They said they wish they had more options for me, then followed that up with "I recommend you as a personal advice to contact them and review their warranty options before you make a decision" (in regards to my service provider). I explained that my service provider recommend I get in touch with HTC. I admit I went on a bit of a rant explaining that "I'll make sure everyone I know knows how wonderful this great company of HTC treats their loyal customers" and that "I'll make sure I never use HTC again". Not really fighting words but that's the best I could come up with.

Anyway, initially I had been very happy with HTC and felt like an appreciated customer and was willing to continue to use HTC with no intentions of ever going anywhere else. But, now I feel like, now that they've got my money, they'll move on to the next sucker. And that doesn't feel very good. So, if writing this review, provides a bit of insight for so much as one other person, then I will be happy with that. Unfortunately, for every one of these reviews for HTC, there are probably another five for Samsung or Apple. I can't vouch for how they treat their customers but with this experience with HTC, I am willing to find out, especially since customer loyalty seems to be falling by the wayside.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Sent my phone for repair of a cracked screen and 17 weeks later still no phone. They sent me a tracking number that shows shipment ready for pickup 8 weeks ago. They say it has been escalated to the top level and they are watching the bogus tracking number. HTC lies and gives the runaround. They stole my phone and won't send a new one. Never buy HTC products.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I bought an HTC 10 for $600 directly from HTC. It quickly started having problems, so I sent it into the repair center under warranty. It's been floating around the repair center for over FOUR months now, and they're no closer to fixing it. They acknowledge that the phone is faulty, but nothing is getting down about it. When you call their corporate center, no one returns your calls. Basically... consider their warranty useless. If you get a faulty phone, you're screwed. Even though I got the HTC 10 (the previous flagship model to the U11), you'll be dealing with the same repair center if there's ever a problem. HTC is going through a lot of economic problems right now; their phone division holds less than 1% of the market. Why take a chance on a company that is on death's door and can't support their product? Don't take that risk just to try to save a few dollars. I learned the hard way.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My girlfriend bought a new HTC BOLT from Boost. Had used it for about a month then the screen went blank. We went back to Boost. They said, "Send it back to HTC," WHAT A MISTAKE!! We sent the phone to the repair center in TX. They received it July 21. Was told it would be a 7-10 day fix. After numerous phone calls and supervisors promising me a callback from the "escalation owner" they FINALLY sent the phone back on SEPTEMBER 19th!!! Now for the best part, here it is November 1st and we STILL CAN'T USE THE PHONE!!! Started calling every other day talked to supervisors, operators and escalation members and they keep saying the same thing they are working on it, **!!!

I've been told they replaced the motherboard on the phone. Since they did that they have to give Boost the "MEID DEC" NUMBER so the phone could be activated. It has been 40 days since we received the phone and STILL CAN'T USE IT! HTC customer service is the worst!!! They say things just to get you off the phone, make promises that never happen, supervisors have no accountability over anything. They can't (or won't) do anything to help! Bottom line is HTC'S PRODUCTS ARE THE WORST, SECOND TO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND REPAIR DEPARTMENT!!! My advice is to stay clear of any HTC Products!! I called the HTC Number again an hour and half ago was promised a call in an hour and still haven't received a callback yet, go figure!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

45 days ago I sent my HTC phone for warranty repair. I was told the repair would be completed within 10 business days. HTC's warranty? What kind of warranty requests a customer to go without a phone for 45 days and pay for another in the meantime? Not only is the phone still not returned... I cannot get any answers as to an update. I've had to incur costs for a temporary phone - HTC does not provide loaners. I cannot talk to a supervisor (their stated policy). Yes, that is what their representatives repeatedly tell me... "It is policy that supervisors do not talk to customers." They cannot talk to others within their organization except via email. I do not receive return calls as promised. Not only is the worst service experience I've ever had, the entire situation borders on thievery. This is what HTC should put in their marketing campaigns. These are the true relationships they build!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am absolutely appalled by HTC customer service. I purchased an HTC U11 and the right side corner formed a small hairline crack. I purchased the phone through HTC, pre ordered it nonetheless, inquired about repairs and or replacement, sent the phone to HTC out of pocket, and that was in July 12, 2017. It is now October 18, 2017 and I have not received any feedback, status or ETA on my phone. I've called more times then I can't count, I have a number of transcripts from HTC chats, and my case has been escalated about 30 times at this point. (No Exaggeration). PLEASE TAKE HEED TO THIS POST.

I requested to be contacted by HTC's legal department as calling the corporate office proved fruitless at best for all's you get is a voicemail but after a relentless amount of attempts and countless voicemail messages I was finally contacted and I actually got through once. I've been assigned a number of case managers including Laura from Corporate whom assured me that my issue would be reviewed and resolved and she was in agreement that the process duration for my ticket was unacceptable.

I requested either a new phone or my money back. But, she never called me back. These people all read from the same script and at this point I can literally tell them what they're going to tell me before they even say it. I've even been told that my process has been delayed due to the hurricane (Irma). HTC received my phone 2 weeks prior to that event. In closing I WAS a loyal HTC customer for I owned the first HTC One and I waited even past the HTC 10 and although I was not disappointed with the phone's performance this experience has me looking for other future smartphone options. I am currently seeking legal means to resolve this issue and once resolved I will never do business with HTC again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I got HTC U11. I only have this phone for 3 days. The screen on this phone just crack on the corner. I send it back to be repair. Is a month and 2 weeks they didn't send the phone back. I call them and ask when will I receive my phone. The answer always is, "Someone Will call you back." I give them a week and told them, "If I will not get my phone in a week I will like to get my money back." Well week pass I call them and find out that I will have to pay for the repair. Seriously... The htc u11 is not worth the money that I pay.

I ask for the money back and find out that this is not possible. Since is not under some warranty how come I have this phone for 3 days send it back of course pay for the shipping wait more than a month. Then the women on the phone told me, "Well I see what I can do for you," and then she told me: "You can get 30% of the repair." I say, "I don't want this discount and this phone. I want my money back." So she say, "Well someone will call you in 24h but I can't guarantee you that you will get your money back." That was my last phone from htc, I will never purchase phone from them. I just hope I can get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Sent in the phone for repair on June 10th 2017, (this was the second repair from April, which was returned in a timely manner but was a different phone with a new issues.) As was told HTC was changing location and they would not know when the phone would be repaired. Contacted HTC ~ every 20 days for the next three months. New ticket issues Sept 21st 2017, all old information lost. Now they can't tell me where the phone is at or any status when I call or look online.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My HTC Desire 10 port stopped working 31 days into ownership. I sent the phone in for warranty repair and was given an 18 day turnaround time. Well it's been over 2 months and I still do not have my phone or an eta for when it will be shipped back. Support can only tell me that "hopefully" I'll get an email within the next two weeks containing my tracking number. Absolutely crazy. Asked for a manager and they refuse to transfer me. Considering contacting their legal department.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

After several phone calls, I came to realize that HTC is not at all customer friendly. As a customer, I had hoped to get some help that was reasonable. I feel that HTC should stand behind their warranty and product. I bought from Best Buy and if HTC can't stand behind that purchase, they should not offer their products there. I had hoped to be treated better with my phone being 1/2 through the warranty. Such a shame. This phone battery will not hold a charge and after HTC attempted to run through tests over the phone, it continues to do a system update everyday.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I was very excited when ordered HTC One A9 on November 26th 2016 and was very satisfied while using your product. Recently, there was an issue with my phone and thus after talking to your representatives they helped me out for options to get to resolve the problem. Somehow, we decided to send the phone to repair at your service center. According, to one of your representative the repair time was 10-15 days after they received it.

Now, it's about 2 month and there is no clear answer neither to the status repair nor on the repair status online (support). I have been tracking with the representatives continuously and still no answer to it. I am very annoyed at your service and tend to lose faith on HTC products and services. Currently, I am facing a lot of problem and feel handicapped without my phone. Please, do necessary arrangements to escalate it or ship me a brand new phone (not refurbished) or give my refund. Eagerly waiting for your response. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

The battery doesn't last long. I have to charge it a lot. I just had the phone for 2-3 months and it's acting up already. It shuts down for no reason. I have to reboot, take the battery out and wait for few minutes and turn it on again. I don't know if T-mobile send me a new or refurbish phone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Sent my HTC U11 on August 18th, received in Houston August 21. The website finally shows it was received on August 29th. Can't seem to get any answers from HTC, other than we told you it would be 10-15 business days to get repaired and returned. Friday is 15 business days and still don't know what it will cost to replace the screen. Still argue that the phone is defective and should not bend and crack screens, but that is for another day. Just hope I get my phone back before they decide to shut down the mobile phone division. Already have purchased another brand of phone and just waiting to get the U11 back to sell it at a highly discounted price.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Average. It could be a little cheaper but now they started the rollover plan so it a bit better. Family plans are the way to go if that is a option for you.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

HTC One M8 is secure, fairly easy to use, and has given me no major issues. Documentation, however, is not great and one wishes for the expertise and convenience of Google, Samsung, and Microsoft telephone/computer chats w/ representatives.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Good phone, HTC Desire 816. A lot of nice features for what I paid. Virgin mobile has a great monthly plan, however the service at times is lacking. I am now about ready for an upgrade. The phone now has developed some issues.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The phone repeatedly overheats and will no longer respond to touch screen. Paid $599 for a replacement hold to ensure I send broken phone back on August 1st. Have been using computer mouse to make calls on this phone since. Absolutely unacceptable. HTC is simply unresponsive with various excuses for not being able to repair or replace under warranty. I guess thats why the major carriers no longer sell HTC phones. It just does not seem HTC stands behind their products. Buyers remorse...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I have a Verizon phone I bought from Walmart and a prepaid plan. I have never had problems with the service since I've been using it for the past few years.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

One week after I received my U11 the screen cracked. I sent it in for repairs almost a month ago and no one can tell where my phone is. When you call you get a call center in India and they give you the same run around lies. If you try to call the company in Washington you get a voicemail. I paid over $650.00 for a phone from HTC and now they have my phone and my money. Worst company ever. And they dare to call themselves HTC USA. Oh they'll respond to this post with a stock response directing you to the call center in India where you'll start the circle again. Time to call the BBB and the United States Attorney General.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

So my HTC Bolt was received at the manufacturer in Houston on August 3rd and they decided to finally look at it on August 21st. I called and they said it would be sent out that Wednesday, so I called and now they say they are waitin' for a part. It is now August 25, how long does the dang thing take?? I just want my phone back. Anyone know how long it takes for them to receive a part to fix my phone??

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Do not waste your money on the warranty or you will waste a substantial amount of your time! My husband's screen broke, he contacted the warranty (which he paid for) Dept. and was sent a shipping label to mail off his phone to Texas; advised 5-7 business days for return. Monday, 8/28 will be 3 weeks. Our file has been "escalated" 3 times and our "case manager" Mian has not returned calls, emails or chats.

On my most recent call to him I was told "I don't know where it is right now. It's sent to our warehouse to be worked on and it's still in processing. Let me handle it okay? It's my job. I'll call you back if I hear anything." I said, "I would just like the replacement phone sent instead of waiting for them to work on the broken one and that I would like a call back by the end of business so I know it's at least being followed up on," to which Mian replied "We can't just give you a new phone, we need to wait on the warehouse but yes! I will call you by 6pm." 6:00pm passed over 13hrs ago. I have asked to speak with a supervisor numerous times and have still not been transferred to one, I have asked for a different case manager and have not been given one.

This is the worst customer service company I have ever in my life experienced. Save yourself a lot of troubles and money and just go to your local repair shop! I will NEVER support HTC again because of this awful (and apparently from other reviews normal) way of doing business!!! I will post in every location I can find to save others the distress I am going through!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We purchased a HTC Bolt in Feb. 2017. In June it stopped working, we sent it to be repaired under warranty. It is now Aug. 25th 2017 and they still have my phone, they have had it in repair since July 6th 2017. I call and check on it daily and all I get is the runaround, they are waiting for parts, then they told me they misplaced the phone in an office move, I have asked for them to send me a new phone and they refuse. They are waiting for a response from their corporate office that they never get. Both the customer service and supervisors although very polite are of no help, will someone please help me get my phone back. This is crazy. If we ran our business the way they run HTC we would have no customers. PLEASE HELP!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I returned my HTC10 for repairs because it wouldn't connect to mobile data. HTC Huston repair center received my phone on July 21. 3 days later the online repair tracking status still showed that the phone was not received. I called customer service and was told they found the phone and were going to send it to me by Aug.4 - the extreme of their 7-10 business days policy. In the meantime I received a nice email saying they found the problem and it was going to be an over-the-air software fix.

On Aug.4 I didn't receive the phone and the online status still showed they were waiting for the phone. I called and was told that they are missing parts that are to arrive from Taiwan. I am a telecom engineer and that doesn't sound like software. Basically, they don't seem to know what they're doing and different people telling different stories. Tried to escalate but no one can do anything. In contrast, my wife had an issue with her iPhone 6. She went to an Apple store and they gave her a new one and even transferred her data for her. She was in and out in 2 hours. My advice... don't buy HTC products.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Started the UH OH Protection process back in July 7th and there has been no phone sent as of July 31st as part of the Swap option. Every day I call it is the same lies on how it is being shipped soon. The escalation team, ironically enough, is worthless and hasn't escalated a thing. They just feed lies every time I call. How hard can it be to ship the phone? Could have bought ten of them already on the website. Sounds like they have a great program in place until you have to go through it.

HTC Company Information