FluentStream Technologies
4.71/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

FluentStream Technologies

FluentStream is a leading phone system that offers unmatched quality, innovative features, and unparalleled customer support. No matter if you are a start-up, small to medium-sized business or an enterprise, FluentStream has the best solution for your business. Our system seamlessly adapts to your current phone system, making the transition smooth, and most importantly, very cost effective. Our team of experts at FluentStream are ready to assist you & offer you the solution you have been looking for. Contact us today.

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

FluentStream Technologies Reviews

Original review: May 4, 2017

I was looking for Voice over IP providers for our call center so I did some online search. We tried a softphone that runs in Google Chrome, meaning that you could have a softphone that does all the Voice over IP SIP handling without installing anything on the computer, which means that you can do it from Chromeboxes or Chromebooks. It's something that doesn't have an operating system like Windows. In Chromeboxes or Chromebooks, you can only install apps and not executable files. To my knowledge, there is only one product that a softphone will run on other than which doesn't work for call center applications and that is FluentStream's in-house app.

The sales rep was great. She's very responsive in helping us initially get everything set up. I've had good experiences when we have issues and I have questions about it, either setting up a regular desktop phone to work with their system. I haven't had any bad contact. I, at that time, had plans to move all of our desktops over to Chromebook. This isn't due to FluentStream but because Google is constantly updating Google Chrome, it became a hassle. Google Chrome doesn't really notify you when they're pushing out an update, so updates would actually break their softphone and it would no longer work reliably. Due to no fault of their own, it ended up not working out the way that I had envisioned it. But I ended up staying with them regardless of that because of their other features, their service and their price point.

We use a third party softphone that runs on our Windows machines. What we use is their Voice over IP service. They provide us with extensions and then the actual connectivity for routing. So we'll dial a number on our computer and it goes to their server to get routed to the phone number that we called. In a nutshell, Voice over Internet Protocol Technology is what they're selling but they also have a web interface which allows us to manage extensions and set up our routing group for internal calls or the IVR system. If you were to call our 800 number, you press 1 for this and press 2 for that. They also have the ability to record customized things and set up that menu to record our calls on demand or by extensions to be always recorded, the storage of those recordings and the ability to listen to them in the browser or to download them like it's a WAV or an MP3 file.

They provide all of those premium services for one price per month per extension which vary by volume. So the more extensions you purchase, the lower price per month for each one you're going to pay. But they're not nickel and dime and that was the price point competitiveness that I enjoyed. Additionally, you have the ability to have supervisors listen in to a call through the web interface. So I could be working from home and I want to listen to the quality of a call that's happening at our office, I can login to my web interface and listen to any call that's happening on the system. I could also do something called barge in or whisper coaching. If I'm whisper-coaching, I could press the button and say something to our agent here in the office and the other party on the phone wouldn't hear me talking.

Those are really great features but they are not the only ones that offer that. Other Voice over IP and call center service technologies offer those things but they usually charge you an additional price per month for them. But there are always problems with these companies, no matter how large or small. My boyfriend is the IT call center manager for a huge company on the West Coast. He was calling me testing his phone system the other day because CenturyLink was having problems. But the frequency that we've had with our system is not as ordinary. I wouldn't have any complaints about that and they tend to get resolved pretty quickly, within 20 minutes to an hour is their most frequent.

The worst we've had was we were down for maybe half a day and that did impact our business. It was pretty bad but that was something that was out of their control. Everybody in IT had a bad day that day. Amazon's web services are pretty ubiquitous. It's almost a single point of failure for a lot of companies and it opened people's eyes to that vulnerability of having that single source of failure and being able to do nothing about it because it's all on Amazon's hands to fix it.

But FluentStream is a great company. The quality has always been as good as our internet connection should make it. Above all of it, their access to the people that you need to talk to in order to get solutions is what I like the most about them. You don't find it too often and certainly not with the behemoth providers out there. Specifically, when I needed to set up a router to best handle the Voice over IP and we ended up getting a dedicated internet line to route our Voice over IP traffic. Their engineer logged in to my router and helped me set it up the way that he wanted it to be. That was perfect because it took the guesswork out on my end that I can figure something wrong. I've been a long-time customer of theirs and prior to that, I have used several Voice over IP systems. We would last maybe a year at most with each one but I'm staying with them because they're good, they work and it does everything we want it to do at the right price point.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I found out about FluentStream when I was working for a depot repair tech at a company in Port Townsend, Washington. We were looking for a company that did Voice over IP which was small enough where we could talk to the engineers because there were engineers on our staff as well. In my experience, there are lots of companies that want to focus on features, and FluentStream has grown a lot over the years but there weren’t enough companies focusing on just making phones reliable. Voice over IP is not as reliable as a traditional telephone service. We wanted something that was going to be super reliable because we wanted to use it in our business and we wanted to sell it to other businesses. Then I formed my own business in 2010, and when I went to look for business Voice over IP, I had forgotten about FluentStream and went back and discovered them again.

I really like the flexibility of FluentStream. We have a pretty distributed workforce. We’re not a big company and people work from home and from places where they have meetings with customers. I also love the portability of it. Everyone has an app on their phone which they can use to connect back to our phone system. FluentStream also lets us present a cohesive brand by making sure that all our outbound calls come from the same number and people aren’t using their personal cell phones. For our technicians, they don’t have to pick up their personal cell phone and make outbound calls that would reveal their personal telephone number.

The people from FluentStream are fantastic too. They answer the phone quickly. I interact with them at almost every possible level every month. I deal with their CEO occasionally when he’s not busy. I also deal with their support and Helpdesk team and my sales manager deals with their sales team. We have had a tremendously good experience with them. They’re super helpful and tremendously responsive to our requests as they grow their feature base. We don’t ever feel like we can’t get a resolution on an issue or a question with more than one phone call.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 27, 2017

We use the auto attendance every day. We transfer calls and we use the conference calling as well. We temporarily moved our offices so we moved our phones and phone system. Unfortunately we lost the phone. It didn't transfer well. We were in touch with FluentStream constantly trying to get all of our phones updated. We couldn't transfer or park calls and we were having a lot of trouble. So that was really difficult. It's wasn't a very quick fix. It eventually got fixed somewhat but even when I moved back, I had to call in again to really work out the kinks and everything. I was having to follow up versus them being proactive about it. It was a decent experience nevertheless.

FluentStream Technologies response

Hi Maria - I'm sorry to hear you had issues with the phones during your move. If you have any moves coming up in the future we'd be happy to work with you ahead of time to ensure the move goes smoothly and your phones are working as soon as you arrive.

Original review: April 26, 2017

FluentStream was a referral. We were talking to three different companies and one of the owners of FluentStream won us over. And we've been with them ever since. We use them for inbound and outbound calling, both domestic and international. The biggest thing that we like it for is the emailed voicemails. It's been great with their customer service, too. Everybody I've talked to there has been wonderful. When we had an issue with the phone, they sent us out a replacement cord. Everything we've ever done with FluentStream has been great and we've been very pleased. In the beginning there were some blackout areas but we haven't had issues with that now for several years. So they're definitely expanding their offering and making it better every day. It's been a very smooth and seamless experience with FluentStream and we have recommended them to several people.

Original review: April 25, 2017

We were using Comcast with our internet for our phone system before and I'm not a fan of them. Now, we have FluentStream for our general office use and we use their voicemail service the most. Their people have been very helpful whenever I've gotten in touch with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FluentStream?

Original review: April 23, 2017

AT&T's system was ringing all of us and we've been looking to get a new phone system that's able to work with our business. We decided to purchase from FluentStream because they were recommended by family. Their system has an answering feature where it says "you can press 1, press 2 or press 3" and we really like that. We're in a transition period with our business and I'll be working from another location. The system will allow me to work at a different location while my co-workers work here and then we can still transfer and talk to each other. Also, my boss works in a different room and instead of hollering, we use the phone. We are still getting the kinks out of the system but we have been able to figure out how to forward phone calls to us.

FluentStream's representative, Lacy, set me up on having the phone calls forwarded to my cellphone after we leave the office. I sent her an email last week because phone calls were being forwarded to someone else and I had to get them forwarded to me. Lacy wasn't in the office that day but she got on it the next Monday when she came in. We're really happy with them so far.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We’re a church. We were with BendBroadband, our local cable internet company, but we couldn’t get the multiple voicemail lines to each person that needed one. We were on an antiquated hard-line system and when we needed new technology, they didn’t offer enough for businesses at that point in time, and they also didn't have the equipment or the volume that we needed. We went with FluentStream and we liked their price, equipment and the convenience that we get from them. In addition, their customer service has been excellent. Anytime I have a question, they are right on top of it and they're quick to help. They also provide inputs into any need that I've had, so I really appreciated that.

Original review: April 21, 2017

FluentStream was referred to me. I have used a different phone system before and I like FluentStream better. They also have excellent customer service.

Original review: April 20, 2017

FluentStream offered a detailed quote, cost-benefit analysis technology, and a very in-depth analysis, so we used their business phone system. We used RingCentral's system previously, but we've had better success with FluentStream. It may have been because of the infrastructure or the configuration of the actual infrastructure, but we've had less packet loss with FluentStream, and consequently we've had less complaints from clients for packet loss or dropped calls. Our infrastructure's really built out, so we use most aspects of the FluentStream system. We use the phone feature the most, and we use the system for all of our phone needs. We also use the auto attendance feature. Their reps were pretty responsive and overall, FluentStream was pretty good. They took care of everything that I needed them to take care of in a timely manner.

FluentStream Technologies response

Hello Tierra, thank you very much for your thorough review of our platform. If there is anything you feel we can do to improve, I’d be extremely grateful if you sent me a personal message!

Original review: April 18, 2017

FluentStream have good nationwide services and they're economical so I purchased from them. We use them for a combination of business and personal calls. The most that we use is call-forwarding to forward to multiple numbers so we can get our calls from anywhere. Working with them has made it much easier for us to be available to our customers because it's easy to go on to their portal and redirect or change things when we need to. Also, they have a wide range of features, not all of which we have used. We'll use the WebPhone at some point in the not too distant future. We don't use call-blocking very much but we'll also use that more. We'll also use their SMS feature. They have an API to send text messages through their servers to somebody else's phone. We just look forward to taking advantage of access to all their capabilities through the portal.

FluentStream Technologies Company Information