Consumer Reviews and Complaints

FluentStream was referred to me. I have used a different phone system before and I like FluentStream better. They also have excellent customer service.

FluentStream have good nationwide services and they're economical so I purchased from them. We use them for a combination of business and personal calls. The most that we use is call-forwarding to forward to multiple numbers so we can get our calls from anywhere. Working with them has made it much easier for us to be available to our customers because it's easy to go on to their portal and redirect or change things when we need to. Also, they have a wide range of features, not all of which we have used. We'll use the WebPhone at some point in the not too distant future. We don't use call-blocking very much but we'll also use that more. We'll also use their SMS feature. They have an API to send text messages through their servers to somebody else's phone. We just look forward to taking advantage of access to all their capabilities through the portal.

We’ve been using FluentStream for four years. We used to have a local long distance but FluentStream’s 100% better. It is more clear and easier to use. We use them for inbound-outbound sales since we do credit counseling for bankruptcy for attorneys. We do make some calls out but most are inbound calls. FluentStream helped when my husband travels out of the country since it’s easy to just have a phone with you and connect like you were sitting at home while you're out of the country. As long as you have internet, you can do business anywhere. Their representatives are very easy to work with and always helped take care of the situation as quick as possible. If we don't understand how to do a message, they will do the message for us and play it. They have an easy system for the phones and they are a good company to work with.

FluentStream keeps technology at the forefront of all my needs, changes and decisions while never letting the customer service aspect slip. They are so knowledgeable, understanding and accommodating to our company's changing atmosphere. I've never had to wait longer than a few hours for a return communication. I'd recommend FS for any business out there.

FluentStream Technologies

Thanks, Pauline! We are happy to help in any way!

Original review: March 6, 2017

My experience has been exceptional. All the technical support are polite, patient and most of all never give up until they solve the problem. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. They have very high standards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FluentStream Technologies?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The auto attendant feature of FluentStream was a big feature for us. I use the regular phone and we spent a long time with FluentStream setting up the audio attendant. Their big selling point was that they had their media server in Chicago. Their server was previously located in Colorado or on the coast. But the latency and jitter were very low, and they were over 100 milliseconds in a number of cases. We also had some issues with Comcast who was our broadband service and in the beginning, we had to get Comcast's assistance to try and clean up the bandwidth that they were offering. But once we switched to the media server in Chicago, it went way below expected levels for a good server.

I've met with a lot of their team members and key people, second support level and I may even have spoken with the vice president or president at one time. In the beginning, when we were setting the service up and interacting with their people, we had an issue programming our phone which was complicated and that took a while to sort out because it wasn't industry standard currently, allegedly. So it was a bit difficult to incorporate the system into phones and servers. But I think it’s been a good experience so far with FluentStream and I’d recommend it to a friend. But of course, it's not free and so a lot of people will balk at having to pay for something that any other time you just plug something in the wall and it works.

FluentStream Technologies

Hi Tracy - We appreciate the feedback and would love the opportunity to resolve any issues you may be having. I had our head of customer support reach out but it doesn't sound like you two were able to connect. We aren't seeing any evidence of dropped calls on our end but if you're still having issues please give us a call directly and we would be more than happy to look into this further.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Working with FluentStream makes our business manageable. We had one of their reps, Spencer, in the office for a while trying to figure out some issues with dropped calls. He was diligent on trying to get things done, but we've never resolved anything. Other than that, it was a tolerable experience with them.

I cannot recommend FluentStream highly enough. Their service has gone above and beyond our expectations. We cut our company bill to 25% of what we were once paying and gaining numerous features that have improved productivity and allowed us to forward our company calls to our cellphones for holidays and emergencies. Their customer service is stupendous. The resolution time is always within minutes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve had some problems with our FluentStream system which were due to our internet connection and the FluentStream team was able to help us identify the lapses. They were able to pin those down for us and send us samples of ping tests. All of them have been prompt with their response and exceeded my expectations in helping me with the issues. I'm extremely satisfied with FluentStream.

FluentStream offered a detailed quote, cost-benefit analysis technology, and a very in-depth analysis, so we used their business phone system. We used RingCentral's system previously, but we've had better success with FluentStream. It may have been because of the infrastructure or the configuration of the actual infrastructure, but we've had less packet loss with FluentStream, and consequently we've had less complaints from clients for packet loss or dropped calls. Our infrastructure's really built out, so we use most aspects of the FluentStream system. We use the phone feature the most, and we use the system for all of our phone needs. We also use the auto attendance feature. Their reps were pretty responsive and overall, FluentStream was pretty good. They took care of everything that I needed them to take care of in a timely manner.

I signed up for FluentStream based on their cost and what they had to offer. They have been communicating towards us more so than we have back to them. They've sent us information on some of the upgrades and they've done what they said they would do. The service we've received from them has been error free and the phone performed like they said it would. We've been too busy to get up to speed with all of its features, but we use the voicemail and all of the phone's basic features. It works all the time and we get good communications between who we talk to. It's clear, concise and is of standard operating procedures. We've done conference calling, and I'm sure that if we got into the other things that the phone offers which we hope to do in the near future, it will get better. It has met our expectations, it was seamless, and we haven't had any hiccups since we've been on it. I would recommend FluentStream.

We had a phone system and used a local phone company before using FluentStream, which was personally referred by someone that's using it. It's good that it allows for numerous calls to come in, so we don't have to have people calling us back or getting a busy signal. We've called their customer service a couple of times with questions and the interactions went very well. They were always knowledgeable and friendly. On the whole, FluentStream has been an efficient and easy-to-learn system.

FluentStream is mid-country compared to me so anything that happens here doesn't get affected over there -- earthquakes, down power lines, and internet outages. Also, the dashboard and the fact that they have 24/7 people helped me with making the decision to purchase FluentStream. Business-wise, it's easier with employee turnover now because we have some part-time people and it makes it easy to switch out our phone system, we can go online and make those adjustments -- names, extension numbers, etcetera.

We use call-forwarding the most because we have an answering service. Every day, having those time conditions through FluentStream so that we can automatically go to our voicemail assistant is one of the biggest ones that we use. It’s mostly customers calling in and tenants because we are a small property management company. Our tenants in Texas are not constrained by the time difference.

I had a chance to talk to them over the tax weekend. I needed to turn our time conditions off and I could not do it from my cellphone. I called in and spoke with their tech and he was able to do magic and turn it off so that it would ring in our office. He got us up and running in about three minutes, give or take. All he had was my name and the phone number and he took it from there and made it all happen instantly. That was great that I didn't have to think about any kind of passwords or codes or numbers.

There have been times where I'm trying to fix something which is easy to do online from my Dashboard. I think that I've got it now and then I go back to my phone and it's not nailed particularly with changing names or extension numbers. So, I often have to follow up with either an online chat or a phone call to them. And then they do some button or flip the switch on their side and all of a sudden, it works. It's that extra half-step that's needed. It’s not perfect, but it's good.

I knew a couple of people who were using FluentStream, and they were highly recommended. I previously used Mitel and they were a disaster. On the other hand, FluentStream does exactly what they say they can do, there's no misrepresentation, and they don't overcharge. If there is a problem, it's like Johnny-on-the-spot. They're very attentive and accommodating. If I need training on something, they automatically get on it, and work with me. They're unbelievable and the best thing since sliced bread. I have three offices and I like that the phone rings in all offices. FluentStream is a great outfit, and without a doubt, a cut above the rest.

Before using FluentStream, we were going through landline. FluentStream was our first voice over IP phone and it's been good. We use the holiday greetings feature as well as being able to have everything saved. Also, we do inbound calls through their system. At any time, FluentStream has been quick to respond. And so, my experience with them has been pleasant and easy.

Our CenturyLink line was very old so we did some comparisons and came up with FluentStream as a good option. It was a little surprising that I had to set it up myself but they did a simple walkthrough. But I feel like we would have been fitted a little more had they had someone here to do a couple hours of training because we didn't get great training on it. We're given a go with it and so anytime I need to make changes, I still have to go through them because I really don't know what I'm doing other than the simple daily tasks like switching phone numbers. Also, we got the system to have an auto operator that directed things around but unfortunately, we don't use that because my boss doesn't like it that way but that would definitely improve our business. I don't think we use FluentStream to the extent that it should be used but they're easy to work with.

FluentStream Technologies Company Profile