4.85/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good VoIP provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FluentStream Technologies

FluentStream is a leading phone system that offers unmatched quality, innovative features, and unparalleled customer support. No matter if you are a start-up, small to medium-sized business or an enterprise, FluentStream has the best solution for your business. Our system seamlessly adapts to your current phone system, making the transition smooth, and most importantly, very cost effective. Our team of experts at FluentStream are ready to assist you & offer you the solution you have been looking for. Contact us today.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: May 15, 2017

30 FluentStream Technologies Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 15, 2017

We use FluentStream for phone calls in the office where I'm the receptionist. Then if I have any phone troubles, I call them. They're helpful and they fix problems pretty fast so it's awesome.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I've been with FluentStream for five years now. The phones are our livelihood here so taking and making phone calls with FluentStream has been dependable, and the support has been good. It's easy to go in and change the call routing. We also have a zip code routing feature put into place. We're a multi-location company and so if the customer types in the zip code for their service address, we had it programmed where it would be forwarded to a certain phone number or extension so that the local office would take care of that customer.

Their service also doesn't compare to the support we've received from our previous voice over IP system. We've had different support reps and they've all been good. When I told them that I needed to add more phone numbers to the account, they got in certain area codes or extensions in that area code and they found them and added or removed the numbers. They also helped me point a phone number to another phone number or extension. Everything can be done in the back end in the system. But also, they're there to help when I'm lazy or don't know my way around. FluentStream has been great, and they continue to improve their features. I've recommended them to friends.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 8, 2017

I really enjoy working with FluentStream. The customer support is great and the product works. They're a local company here in Colorado, and I know some companies that use them. It's by referral. We used Comcast, but ditched them as they were very unreliable. We use FluentStream for phones, voicemail, and auto forwarding. We've had some internet problems when we were getting set up, and the tech support helped us diagnose it.

Original review: May 7, 2017

We had hosted ARM Solutions for a long time and it doesn't compare to FluentStream. FluentStream is amazing. We use it for everything for our business and the auto attendance and the call-forwarding are the most widely used feature. They also have a good mobile solution to be able to use it from our phone. Their pricing is untouchable and their service is incredible. If we ever have an issue, they're completely responsive and a great company. Recently, we had a need that the system didn't do with respect to calling multiple numbers at the same time. And they went out of their way to do it for us. They did a custom program with no charge.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I've heard about FluentStream when I first started the business and was searching around. It was the best option at that time. I still use them and it's working fine right now. We utilize the FluentStream for office purposes. I use the fax and the phone, everything. Working with them had my business growing. My sales rep is always available. Overall experience with them is excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FluentStream?

Original review: May 5, 2017

We use FluentStream for local and long distance calls and conference calling. It has made things easier for our business. It takes some of the hassle out. FluentStream is a local company and it is a lot more responsive. And then, if need be, somebody can come over to our office and take a look at our phones if they have to. They're always there. They are very helpful, very courteous, and knowledgeable. They've checked back several times to make sure that the problem is resolved and that things are still operating. They make it easy to resolve any problems that we have.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I was looking for Voice over IP providers for our call center so I did some online search. We tried a softphone that runs in Google Chrome, meaning that you could have a softphone that does all the Voice over IP SIP handling without installing anything on the computer, which means that you can do it from Chromeboxes or Chromebooks. It's something that doesn't have an operating system like Windows. In Chromeboxes or Chromebooks, you can only install apps and not executable files. To my knowledge, there is only one product that a softphone will run on other than which doesn't work for call center applications and that is FluentStream's in-house app.

The sales rep was great. She's very responsive in helping us initially get everything set up. I've had good experiences when we have issues and I have questions about it, either setting up a regular desktop phone to work with their system. I haven't had any bad contact. I, at that time, had plans to move all of our desktops over to Chromebook. This isn't due to FluentStream but because Google is constantly updating Google Chrome, it became a hassle. Google Chrome doesn't really notify you when they're pushing out an update, so updates would actually break their softphone and it would no longer work reliably. Due to no fault of their own, it ended up not working out the way that I had envisioned it. But I ended up staying with them regardless of that because of their other features, their service and their price point.

We use a third party softphone that runs on our Windows machines. What we use is their Voice over IP service. They provide us with extensions and then the actual connectivity for routing. So we'll dial a number on our computer and it goes to their server to get routed to the phone number that we called. In a nutshell, Voice over Internet Protocol Technology is what they're selling but they also have a web interface which allows us to manage extensions and set up our routing group for internal calls or the IVR system. If you were to call our 800 number, you press 1 for this and press 2 for that. They also have the ability to record customized things and set up that menu to record our calls on demand or by extensions to be always recorded, the storage of those recordings and the ability to listen to them in the browser or to download them like it's a WAV or an MP3 file.

They provide all of those premium services for one price per month per extension which vary by volume. So the more extensions you purchase, the lower price per month for each one you're going to pay. But they're not nickel and dime and that was the price point competitiveness that I enjoyed. Additionally, you have the ability to have supervisors listen in to a call through the web interface. So I could be working from home and I want to listen to the quality of a call that's happening at our office, I can login to my web interface and listen to any call that's happening on the system. I could also do something called barge in or whisper coaching. If I'm whisper-coaching, I could press the button and say something to our agent here in the office and the other party on the phone wouldn't hear me talking.

Those are really great features but they are not the only ones that offer that. Other Voice over IP and call center service technologies offer those things but they usually charge you an additional price per month for them. But there are always problems with these companies, no matter how large or small. My boyfriend is the IT call center manager for a huge company on the West Coast. He was calling me testing his phone system the other day because CenturyLink was having problems. But the frequency that we've had with our system is not as ordinary. I wouldn't have any complaints about that and they tend to get resolved pretty quickly, within 20 minutes to an hour is their most frequent.

The worst we've had was we were down for maybe half a day and that did impact our business. It was pretty bad but that was something that was out of their control. Everybody in IT had a bad day that day. Amazon's web services are pretty ubiquitous. It's almost a single point of failure for a lot of companies and it opened people's eyes to that vulnerability of having that single source of failure and being able to do nothing about it because it's all on Amazon's hands to fix it.

But FluentStream is a great company. The quality has always been as good as our internet connection should make it. Above all of it, their access to the people that you need to talk to in order to get solutions is what I like the most about them. You don't find it too often and certainly not with the behemoth providers out there. Specifically, when I needed to set up a router to best handle the Voice over IP and we ended up getting a dedicated internet line to route our Voice over IP traffic. Their engineer logged in to my router and helped me set it up the way that he wanted it to be. That was perfect because it took the guesswork out on my end that I can figure something wrong. I've been a long-time customer of theirs and prior to that, I have used several Voice over IP systems. We would last maybe a year at most with each one but I'm staying with them because they're good, they work and it does everything we want it to do at the right price point.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I found out about FluentStream when I was working for a depot repair tech at a company in Port Townsend, Washington. We were looking for a company that did Voice over IP which was small enough where we could talk to the engineers because there were engineers on our staff as well. In my experience, there are lots of companies that want to focus on features, and FluentStream has grown a lot over the years but there weren’t enough companies focusing on just making phones reliable. Voice over IP is not as reliable as a traditional telephone service. We wanted something that was going to be super reliable because we wanted to use it in our business and we wanted to sell it to other businesses. Then I formed my own business in 2010, and when I went to look for business Voice over IP, I had forgotten about FluentStream and went back and discovered them again.

I really like the flexibility of FluentStream. We have a pretty distributed workforce. We’re not a big company and people work from home and from places where they have meetings with customers. I also love the portability of it. Everyone has an app on their phone which they can use to connect back to our phone system. FluentStream also lets us present a cohesive brand by making sure that all our outbound calls come from the same number and people aren’t using their personal cell phones. For our technicians, they don’t have to pick up their personal cell phone and make outbound calls that would reveal their personal telephone number.

The people from FluentStream are fantastic too. They answer the phone quickly. I interact with them at almost every possible level every month. I deal with their CEO occasionally when he’s not busy. I also deal with their support and Helpdesk team and my sales manager deals with their sales team. We have had a tremendously good experience with them. They’re super helpful and tremendously responsive to our requests as they grow their feature base. We don’t ever feel like we can’t get a resolution on an issue or a question with more than one phone call.

Original review: April 27, 2017

We use the auto attendance every day. We transfer calls and we use the conference calling as well. We temporarily moved our offices so we moved our phones and phone system. Unfortunately we lost the phone. It didn't transfer well. We were in touch with FluentStream constantly trying to get all of our phones updated. We couldn't transfer or park calls and we were having a lot of trouble. So that was really difficult. It's wasn't a very quick fix. It eventually got fixed somewhat but even when I moved back, I had to call in again to really work out the kinks and everything. I was having to follow up versus them being proactive about it. It was a decent experience nevertheless.

Original review: April 26, 2017

FluentStream was a referral. We were talking to three different companies and one of the owners of FluentStream won us over. And we've been with them ever since. We use them for inbound and outbound calling, both domestic and international. The biggest thing that we like it for is the emailed voicemails. It's been great with their customer service, too. Everybody I've talked to there has been wonderful. When we had an issue with the phone, they sent us out a replacement cord. Everything we've ever done with FluentStream has been great and we've been very pleased. In the beginning there were some blackout areas but we haven't had issues with that now for several years. So they're definitely expanding their offering and making it better every day. It's been a very smooth and seamless experience with FluentStream and we have recommended them to several people.

Original review: April 25, 2017

We were using Comcast with our internet for our phone system before and I'm not a fan of them. Now, we have FluentStream for our general office use and we use their voicemail service the most. Their people have been very helpful whenever I've gotten in touch with them.

Original review: April 23, 2017

AT&T's system was ringing all of us and we've been looking to get a new phone system that's able to work with our business. We decided to purchase from FluentStream because they were recommended by family. Their system has an answering feature where it says "you can press 1, press 2 or press 3" and we really like that. We're in a transition period with our business and I'll be working from another location. The system will allow me to work at a different location while my co-workers work here and then we can still transfer and talk to each other. Also, my boss works in a different room and instead of hollering, we use the phone. We are still getting the kinks out of the system but we have been able to figure out how to forward phone calls to us.

FluentStream's representative, Lacy, set me up on having the phone calls forwarded to my cellphone after we leave the office. I sent her an email last week because phone calls were being forwarded to someone else and I had to get them forwarded to me. Lacy wasn't in the office that day but she got on it the next Monday when she came in. We're really happy with them so far.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We’re a church. We were with BendBroadband, our local cable internet company, but we couldn’t get the multiple voicemail lines to each person that needed one. We were on an antiquated hard-line system and when we needed new technology, they didn’t offer enough for businesses at that point in time, and they also didn't have the equipment or the volume that we needed. We went with FluentStream and we liked their price, equipment and the convenience that we get from them. In addition, their customer service has been excellent. Anytime I have a question, they are right on top of it and they're quick to help. They also provide inputs into any need that I've had, so I really appreciated that.

Original review: April 21, 2017

FluentStream was referred to me. I have used a different phone system before and I like FluentStream better. They also have excellent customer service.

Original review: April 20, 2017

FluentStream offered a detailed quote, cost-benefit analysis technology, and a very in-depth analysis, so we used their business phone system. We used RingCentral's system previously, but we've had better success with FluentStream. It may have been because of the infrastructure or the configuration of the actual infrastructure, but we've had less packet loss with FluentStream, and consequently we've had less complaints from clients for packet loss or dropped calls. Our infrastructure's really built out, so we use most aspects of the FluentStream system. We use the phone feature the most, and we use the system for all of our phone needs. We also use the auto attendance feature. Their reps were pretty responsive and overall, FluentStream was pretty good. They took care of everything that I needed them to take care of in a timely manner.

Original review: April 18, 2017

FluentStream have good nationwide services and they're economical so I purchased from them. We use them for a combination of business and personal calls. The most that we use is call-forwarding to forward to multiple numbers so we can get our calls from anywhere. Working with them has made it much easier for us to be available to our customers because it's easy to go on to their portal and redirect or change things when we need to. Also, they have a wide range of features, not all of which we have used. We'll use the WebPhone at some point in the not too distant future. We don't use call-blocking very much but we'll also use that more. We'll also use their SMS feature. They have an API to send text messages through their servers to somebody else's phone. We just look forward to taking advantage of access to all their capabilities through the portal.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I signed up for FluentStream based on their cost and what they had to offer. They have been communicating towards us more so than we have back to them. They've sent us information on some of the upgrades and they've done what they said they would do. The service we've received from them has been error free and the phone performed like they said it would. We've been too busy to get up to speed with all of its features, but we use the voicemail and all of the phone's basic features. It works all the time and we get good communications between who we talk to. It's clear, concise and is of standard operating procedures. We've done conference calling, and I'm sure that if we got into the other things that the phone offers which we hope to do in the near future, it will get better. It has met our expectations, it was seamless, and we haven't had any hiccups since we've been on it. I would recommend FluentStream.

Original review: April 16, 2017

We had a phone system and used a local phone company before using FluentStream, which was personally referred by someone that's using it. It's good that it allows for numerous calls to come in, so we don't have to have people calling us back or getting a busy signal. We've called their customer service a couple of times with questions and the interactions went very well. They were always knowledgeable and friendly. On the whole, FluentStream has been an efficient and easy-to-learn system.

Original review: April 15, 2017

FluentStream is mid-country compared to me so anything that happens here doesn't get affected over there -- earthquakes, down power lines, and internet outages. Also, the dashboard and the fact that they have 24/7 people helped me with making the decision to purchase FluentStream. Business-wise, it's easier with employee turnover now because we have some part-time people and it makes it easy to switch out our phone system, we can go online and make those adjustments -- names, extension numbers, etcetera.

We use call-forwarding the most because we have an answering service. Every day, having those time conditions through FluentStream so that we can automatically go to our voicemail assistant is one of the biggest ones that we use. It’s mostly customers calling in and tenants because we are a small property management company. Our tenants in Texas are not constrained by the time difference.

I had a chance to talk to them over the tax weekend. I needed to turn our time conditions off and I could not do it from my cellphone. I called in and spoke with their tech and he was able to do magic and turn it off so that it would ring in our office. He got us up and running in about three minutes, give or take. All he had was my name and the phone number and he took it from there and made it all happen instantly. That was great that I didn't have to think about any kind of passwords or codes or numbers.

There have been times where I'm trying to fix something which is easy to do online from my Dashboard. I think that I've got it now and then I go back to my phone and it's not nailed particularly with changing names or extension numbers. So, I often have to follow up with either an online chat or a phone call to them. And then they do some button or flip the switch on their side and all of a sudden, it works. It's that extra half-step that's needed. It’s not perfect, but it's good.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I knew a couple of people who were using FluentStream, and they were highly recommended. I previously used Mitel and they were a disaster. On the other hand, FluentStream does exactly what they say they can do, there's no misrepresentation, and they don't overcharge. If there is a problem, it's like Johnny-on-the-spot. They're very attentive and accommodating. If I need training on something, they automatically get on it, and work with me. They're unbelievable and the best thing since sliced bread. I have three offices and I like that the phone rings in all offices. FluentStream is a great outfit, and without a doubt, a cut above the rest.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Before using FluentStream, we were going through landline. FluentStream was our first voice over IP phone and it's been good. We use the holiday greetings feature as well as being able to have everything saved. Also, we do inbound calls through their system. At any time, FluentStream has been quick to respond. And so, my experience with them has been pleasant and easy.

Original review: April 12, 2017

We have FluentStream's phone service and have had to call them a few times. They've helped us out tremendously in trying to figure out how it worked. It's been a very good experience.

Original review: April 8, 2017

We’ve been using FluentStream for four years. We used to have a local long distance but FluentStream’s 100% better. It is more clear and easier to use. We use them for inbound-outbound sales since we do credit counseling for bankruptcy for attorneys. We do make some calls out but most are inbound calls. FluentStream helped when my husband travels out of the country since it’s easy to just have a phone with you and connect like you were sitting at home while you're out of the country. As long as you have internet, you can do business anywhere. Their representatives are very easy to work with and always helped take care of the situation as quick as possible. If we don't understand how to do a message, they will do the message for us and play it. They have an easy system for the phones and they are a good company to work with.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Our CenturyLink line was very old so we did some comparisons and came up with FluentStream as a good option. It was a little surprising that I had to set it up myself but they did a simple walkthrough. But I feel like we would have been fitted a little more had they had someone here to do a couple hours of training because we didn't get great training on it. We're given a go with it and so anytime I need to make changes, I still have to go through them because I really don't know what I'm doing other than the simple daily tasks like switching phone numbers. Also, we got the system to have an auto operator that directed things around but unfortunately, we don't use that because my boss doesn't like it that way but that would definitely improve our business. I don't think we use FluentStream to the extent that it should be used but they're easy to work with.

Original review: March 7, 2017

FluentStream keeps technology at the forefront of all my needs, changes and decisions while never letting the customer service aspect slip. They are so knowledgeable, understanding and accommodating to our company's changing atmosphere. I've never had to wait longer than a few hours for a return communication. I'd recommend FS for any business out there.

Original review: March 6, 2017

My experience has been exceptional. All the technical support are polite, patient and most of all never give up until they solve the problem. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. They have very high standards.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

The auto attendant feature of FluentStream was a big feature for us. I use the regular phone and we spent a long time with FluentStream setting up the audio attendant. Their big selling point was that they had their media server in Chicago. Their server was previously located in Colorado or on the coast. But the latency and jitter were very low, and they were over 100 milliseconds in a number of cases. We also had some issues with Comcast who was our broadband service and in the beginning, we had to get Comcast's assistance to try and clean up the bandwidth that they were offering. But once we switched to the media server in Chicago, it went way below expected levels for a good server.

I've met with a lot of their team members and key people, second support level and I may even have spoken with the vice president or president at one time. In the beginning, when we were setting the service up and interacting with their people, we had an issue programming our phone which was complicated and that took a while to sort out because it wasn't industry standard currently, allegedly. So it was a bit difficult to incorporate the system into phones and servers. But I think it’s been a good experience so far with FluentStream and I’d recommend it to a friend. But of course, it's not free and so a lot of people will balk at having to pay for something that any other time you just plug something in the wall and it works.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Working with FluentStream makes our business manageable. We had one of their reps, Spencer, in the office for a while trying to figure out some issues with dropped calls. He was diligent on trying to get things done, but we've never resolved anything. Other than that, it was a tolerable experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I cannot recommend FluentStream highly enough. Their service has gone above and beyond our expectations. We cut our company bill to 25% of what we were once paying and gaining numerous features that have improved productivity and allowed us to forward our company calls to our cellphones for holidays and emergencies. Their customer service is stupendous. The resolution time is always within minutes.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We’ve had some problems with our FluentStream system which were due to our internet connection and the FluentStream team was able to help us identify the lapses. They were able to pin those down for us and send us samples of ping tests. All of them have been prompt with their response and exceeded my expectations in helping me with the issues. I'm extremely satisfied with FluentStream.

FluentStream Technologies Company Information