FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 8, 2012

9 Firefly Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 8, 2012

They don't give you what you pay for, will flat out lie to you, won't respond to emails or calls, and their phones are junk! My little girl was so excited about her cute little pink phone. But months later, I'm out the money, and she has a crappy toy phone to play pretend with. I cannot stress this enough, don't buy from this sham of a company! You will regret it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2011

I ordered this phone for my son who splits time between my house and his dads. I chose it after researching cell phones for children online. It seemed like a great option. However, I received the phone in the mail with a user guide that said, "Refer to the label below during activation of phone". There was no label. I went online and clicked the link to activate the phone, and it told me that this particular phone/SIM card had already been activated and to call customer service.

I called about 50 times. No joke. Not once did I get through. Every time, I hear a recording saying that the wait time would be 2 minutes. I would wait between 3 to 10 minutes each phone call before the line was disconnected. I tried pressing zero for operator, same thing. I called after business hours and it said to leave a message, but it never allowed you to. It just disconnected the line.

I sent multiple emails to them using their online form, and I never heard a response. I cannot return the phone because the shipping slip says to call for an RMA number or no refund will be issued. Of course, the number to call for the RMA is the same customer service number that hangs up on me each time. I paid $50 plus shipping, handling, and tax on a phone that is unusable and non-returnable. I think some type of fraud is going on here.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 25, 2011

I signed up for the automatic billing of $10 a month which stated that the minutes never expired. I had accumulated $34 so I decided to switch the account down to the pay as you go two days before my billing cycle so I wouldn't have an additional $10 added. When I switched, at no time did it say that I would lose the money or minutes I had accumulated under the old plan. I had selected the $0 option to add because as I stated, I had $4 credit so I assumed that once I got down no money, then I could add in increments.

They took my entire $34 and when I called to explain what I did and why, they only wanted to give me $10 credit and not all of it. When I explained that it didn't say that I would lose the money, the lady said, "well, you will." This place is a waste of money and time. I sent emails and never get responses, which is why I just went ahead and did it online. I told them to cancel my service. The only reason why I went with them was because I bought the phone for a friend. I called AT&T, who is my provider, and they don't service these phones anymore--now, I can see why. I paid $10 a month and I can pay the same thing with AT&T so I am adding a line to my AT&T account and a free phone. Do not use this company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2010

I ordered a glow phone for my son's 7th birthday. It didn't work out of the box. After three plus hours dealing with customer service, I was given an RMA and told to return the defective unit for exchange of a working unit. That unit didn't work. After many attempts to contact their customer service without resolve, I finally contacted them via email again and was told to contact customer service. I wish to return the non-working unit for a refund at Firefly's expense and receive a refund for the non-working unit.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2009
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firefly?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2008
Original review: June 9, 2008

Their plans are deceiving and cost tripple the amount than what they let on about. You purchase 30 minutes of air time and you only are able to use 10 to 12 minutes of actual time. They do NOT inform you of this at the time. Their charges are leaning towards fraud. We have been dealing with them since Dec of 07 over 2 phones and have only been able to use about 20 minutes between 2 numbers.

Original review: April 4, 2008

On or about the 23 of February, 2008 I contacted Firefly to cancel the automatic withdraw from my account of $9.99. At that time I was planning on going to a pay as you go where I could purchase the time through a card. On the 5th of March of 2008 the deduction was taken from my account. I called again and some how they had kept me on the automatic withdraw. At that time in Indicated to KC I did not want to remain with Firefly and wished my balance refunded to me. The balance is $10.16

I am out $10.16.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2006

My son got a firefly phone for Christmas 2005. His minutes ran out, we weren't notified even though we had done everything we were suppose to and the phone was canceled. They gave the number away. What a Waste of money!! I won't do business with that company again!. Consumers BEWARE!!!!! They did send me an e-mail 9/18/06 telling me the new plans to pay for the phone, I called only to find out I did not have a number any more.

I asked for information on where to send a letter. I was told We are an internet company only. I finally got the information after be VERY PUSHY! The kid only used the phone 6 times of 25 cents a minute, so 6 minutes. $75 for 6 minutes. Something is wrong with that picture!!!!

Economic Damage: The entire cost of the phone. It is useless now. The company wants 25.00 more to reactivate the phone. The phone was around 100.00.

Firefly Company Information