3.9/5 (628 ratings)
Find a Business Services partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About eFax

eFax allows customers to send and receive faxes by email. Recipients receive faxes as a PDF in their inbox, allowing them to sign with a finger or add their electronic signature. With eFax mobile apps, customers can send, receive, access and sign documents on their phones or tablets. If you need additional security, eFax can store faxes in an encrypted folder that you can access and download.

Top eFax Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have been using this service for a few years and it made my life much easier I can say. The support team is amazing, gives you very fast resolution all the time and they are all...

Verified

We have used eFax for over 10years. The service is reliable versatile and above all the customer service is fantastic. The web interface and the mobile App make it extremely flexi...

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

What is eFax?

eFax is a company that offers online fax services with no fax machine required. eFax is wireless and lets you send and receive faxes from anywhere. You can do this using a computer, email, the eFax app or the eFax messenger system. Customers can choose their own local, international or toll-free fax number.

eFax also offers electronic signatures, file sharing, unlimited third-party cloud storage and an enhanced security option. The free app is available for desktop and mobile.

The company offers two plans to choose from. The eFax Plus plan lets you send 150 pages and receive 150 pages per month, while the eFax Pro plan increases to 200 pages each. The plans don’t allow you to combine the number of pages that go in or out, however — you’re limited to 200 sent faxes even if you don’t receive any.

How does eFax work?

Using eFax to send and receive faxes is a fairly simple process. To send a fax by email, you compose an email and address it to the recipient’s fax number, followed by the eFax email suffix. You can attach up to 10 files to the email. Finally, hit “send” and your fax will be delivered.

If you’re sending from a computer, go to the eFax website login page. Enter the recipient’s address, fill in the fax information and attach up to 10 files. Once finished, click “send” and the recipient will receive it as a normal fax. The process is the same for sending from the mobile app.

To receive a fax, just log in to your app or eFax account. Click on “inbox” for your mobile app or “view faxes” on your eFax portal. Tap or click your received faxes to view them.

eFax pricing

eFax has two plans for customers to choose from. The eFax Plus plan and eFax Pro plan both have the option of monthly or yearly billing. At the time of publishing, the plans cost:

• eFax Plus: $16.99 monthly, or $169.56 annually ($14.13 a month)
  • eFax Pro: $19.99 monthly, or $199.56 billed annually ($16.63 a month)

If you choose the annual option, you receive two months free. Both plans have a $10 setup fee. If you send or receive more than your monthly allotted pages, each additional fax will be 10 cents per page. eFax offers a 14-day trial If you’re not sure which plan works better for you.

eFax FAQ

Does eFax really work?
eFax does work. It offers users incoming and outgoing fax options and can be used anywhere.
How long does eFax take to send?
The entire process usually takes less than two minutes for a single page fax. Dialing the number takes between 30 and 90 seconds, and the fax will take about 30 to 45 seconds per page to transmit.
Can you send an eFax to a fax machine?
You can send an eFax to a fax machine. eFax numbers work just like fax machine numbers, so you can send to and receive from a fax machine.
Can you send an eFax to a cell phone?
You can send an eFax to a cell phone. The cell phone will need the free eFax app to receive your fax.

Is eFax legit?

eFax is safe to use, especially in comparison to a regular fax machine. Instead of your information sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see, eFax files go to your personal inbox. eFax also offers enhanced security encryption that sends an email with a URL that logs you in with a TLS connection. You can then log in to view your fax. Enhanced security doesn’t cost extra, but you need to contact customer service to activate it. Overall, eFax is a safe and simple alternative to a regular fax machine.

eFax Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eFax?

Original review: May 23, 2022

Representative Nicoleta L was able to listen to my issue and resolve quickly, and my account. She was able to do all this while I waited patiently over the phone. Customer Service Advisor - Consensus had a very short hold time. She did a great job.

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Wanda! We are very pleased to hear that Nicoleta provided you with prompt and excellent service! We appreciate you for your time in sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: May 20, 2022

Eveldina is professional, kind, and it has been a pleasure to talk to her! I like the way she took the time to explain the products. Her patience to listen the client needs it has been notice. I just want to leave here a comment so the customers satisfaction does not pass unnoticeable! Thank you Eveldina and have a great day!

eFax response

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback Catheras! We are very pleased to hear that Eveldina provided you with excellent support! We appreciate you for sharing your experience here with us and should you require further assistance, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Nicoleta L. - Support Advisor, Consensus@ -- she was both courteous and efficient in handling my subscription cancel. She also noted consequences involved / + concluding advice regarding the various eFax products. James M.

eFax response

Thank you James for the wonderful review. Your feedback is always appreciated and will be passed along to Nicoleta. If you should subscribe again and have any need of assistance, please message us at socialsupport@efax.com.

Your wisest investment is a healthy lifestyle

eFax Support Team

Original review: March 2, 2022

I was expecting a fax and checked my account to see if it had come in. I found that my account was suspended, but I hadn't recalled getting any notices. I called CS and got the Ireland help desk. We could barely hear each other at first, and I thought, "Oh boy....this isn't going to go well." But I got Stefan P. Multilingual Customer Service Advisor, Consensus Cloud Solutions.

He was extremely (my payment hadn't gone through). It hadn't occurred to me because I was using a company card but found that the expense was locked out of my card. Once we worked out getting the payment to go through Stefan P activated my account and waived my late fee. Even though this was a simple and common problem, I decided to post this because I was planning to cancel the account when I called in, but left feeling like I was with the right company all because of my experience with a real human being who was kind, friendly and helpful, which is a great combination.

eFax response

Hello EJ, we are very pleased to hear that Stefan provided you with a positive experience and we are thankful for your time in sharing your wonderful feedback with us. Should you require any assistance or have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us anytime or message us at socialsupport@efax.com and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I call for a billing problem and I speak currently french because I come from Québec (Canada) and I have problem to understand people who speak faster in english. The first customer prepose have a bad accent and speak very fast and after I ask him to speak slowly, he prefer to transfer me to an other customer preposee.

Marie, the customer preposee, answered to my problem of overbilling because my cancellation online a month ago did worked. I ask her to speak slowly because I speak currently french but have difficulty to understand english when people speak fast. She offer me to do directly my cancellation online an offer me the opportunity to have free fax service until the 25th of September. She was really kind and mentioned me that she have a french name 'Marie', but don't speak this language. She take the time to explain me the offer and she was empathetic to my situation. Really good personalized service. Thanks Marie!

eFax response

We are glad to hear you had such a great experience, Christine! We will be sure to let Marie know about your wonderful feedback, and if you need any further assistance, please let us know at socialsupport@efax.com ^JW

Original review: May 14, 2022

CONSUMERS, BE AWARE!!!! For the past 24 months, the faxing service that we signed up for and agreed to pay $19.99USD per month has cost us over $300USD per month. When signed up after the free trial, we chose the $16.99USD per month. Still, we were contacted by their sales team using terms such as "limited time offer" and "HIPAA COMPLIANT Service" to pressure us to the more expensive package. Yet a few months later, we found out there is no package that would be "Unlimited," nor does the company offer it for a "LIMITED TIME" despite the evident change in subscription from $16.99 to $19.99, the company denied ever knowing or offering such service.

When we tried to move the service to another provider with better reviews and actual unlimited fax pricing for $12 per month, eFax blocked the transfer (porting) of the number to another service provider. The fax number that was advertised to all our customers and vendors was now locked to eFAX, and stopping service meant losing the advertised fax number. COMPLETE SCAM.

eFax response

Hello Arman. Unfortunately, we currently have no plans that can provide unlimited pages. If you do not require any HIPAA compliance for sending and receiving PHI documents, please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist you in providing you with plans that are compatible with your needs. ^RA

Original review: May 3, 2022

Nicoletta was very very patient and very helpful in getting my questions answered and problems solved. There were issues with the email being verified when I signed up for the free trial, but she guided me through it.

Original review: April 10, 2022

Canceled during trial, and in January and it's April and yesterday another charge even more than originally was quoted from you hit my account, bunch of scamming thieves, California is where you belong!!

eFax response

Hello Claude. This certainly should not be your experience. If you would message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and if possible a record of your cancellation attempt, we will be happy to investigate and resolve your issue.

Stay safe and healthy

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 8, 2022

I needed a fax service for two faxes in 2021. I didn't cancel before the end of the trail so I ended up paying which I acknowledge was my fault. I only set up one account. However mysteriously there were two accounts under my name opened at the same time. I only discovered this when I saw that I was continuing to be charged for a service I believed to be canceled in December. I contacted customer service and that's when I learned of the other account.

Their customer service is frustrating. They repeat the same questions and don't listen to your responses. It takes longer than it should to resolve issues. Talking to their customer service is like talking to a robot or a brick wall. It doesn't matter that I hadn't been using the fax number or didn't know there were two accounts. There's zero flexibility, no chance of a refund. They will just remind you of their contract and that's it. They don't work with you at all. It was completely frustrating and if I ever need to fax anything again I will not be using their services. I've worked in customer service for years, most recently as a director of customer support. If they were on my team they would either need to be retrained or fired.

eFax response

Hello Denieal. That is most certainly not the type of impression we wish to leave customers with. The terms stated in the customer agreement do state that service fees are non-refundable irrespective of usage. Having said that, exceptions are always considered. Customers are not restricted by any contract term and can cancel, downgrade or upgrade at any time. Any concerns or questions can be directed to socialsupport@efax.com.

Stay safe and healthy

eFax Support Team

Original review: April 6, 2022

I signed up for eFax so I can work from home and have access to remote faxes for communicating with the doctor offices. I was offered free trial for 30 days and won't be bill until 30 days. When I checked my bill within 2 weeks, I was charged $10 every other day for using this. I called the CS and they told me it was correct and I went over using the eFax. I explained that I should never be charge since I was under the trial period. I asked for the management and they told me they will have management contact me after taking my info but never heard back from them. I have been charged over $139 within 2 months. I want my money back and they refused to communicate with me. Now, I want to cancel the service and for a full refund for false advertisement and for unauthorizing charges.

eFax response

Hello Robin, this is not the experience that we wish you to have. We would be happy to review our account. Please feel free to message us at socialsupport@efax.com with your account details and we would be happy to assist! ^RA

eFax Company Information