3.7/5 (1070 ratings)

About Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

After being gone from my residence for a couple weeks due to Domestic Tranquility issues and not having my phone with me. Rex, in the Fairmont shop, was a Magician. He was able to recover approx 90% of the apps I had been using. Like everyone else, my world was in my phone. Finances, contacts, my Calendar, etc. He was able to recover most of the data. At least enough for me to work with. I just happened to go to the Cricket shop when Rex was working. I don't believe anyone else would have been as understanding, willing to help, and compassionate given my situation. I would highly recommend this local Cricket Shop to anyone who needs help with a new phone or retrieving lost data due to whatever reason. Rex will be my "Go to" guy from now on!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have had very few dropped calls within the ten plus years that I have been with Cricket. My monthly payment has never gone up, no hidden fees and no contracts. I don't use my phone the way most do, I am pretty simple and do not need a lot of data and their plans fit perfectly in my budget. They also have great plans that will fit in your budget if you use a lot of data, like my daughter. The phones they offer are good, but would be nice to see more of a variety. I have done some comparing with other mobile companies, and their phones that are the same brands are a lot less expensive. I have had no problems with the phones I have purchased through them. The only thing I do not like about them is I cannot block spam emails sent via text, only phone numbers.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2021

If you are in the market for a cellular phone plan of any kind, I highly recommend you check out Cricket Wireless. Currently, their cheapest plan gives you unlimited calling, unlimited texting, and 2 GB of high speed data, all for $30/month. After you have used up your high speed data, it will be slowed down, but you will absolutely never be cut off. This is amazing because it ensures your phone will always be working 100% of the time no matter how much or little you use it. Cricket runs through AT&T's cellular network, so you get great coverage almost no matter where you are. There is also absolutely no contracts. You pay month to month and are able to cancel at any time you please. I have been using Cricket Wireless for over a year now and their service just keeps getting better and better.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I expected to be met with a smile that didn’t quite reach the eyes and gift of gab that flowed like honey. A memorized verse filled with empty promises and strategic omissions. And I was also armed and ready to deflect and dodge. So I can’t begin to describe the dumbfounded look I must have had on my face nor the gibberish I responded with. When I wasn’t met with the typical sales routine! WHAT A CONCEPT!!!! These guys pretty much explained how the entire network of connecting & communication worked. What I would need, and what their service could and could not help me with. AND WHICH PROVIDER COULD further help me. I will be launching my business in the next couple weeks and because these guys character and wisdom my connectivity is set! Thank you! The experience was a pleasure!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I've been a customer for 1 year now and I'm in love with my service. I live in the Desert and get perfect service. Cricket does have downsides, like no tablets or watches or fun things like that, but their phones work fairly well. I've had the iPhone 7, Stylo 5 & now the Stylo 6. My upgrade is coming up and I'm getting the iPhone XR! :) I recommend this company for someone who is on a budget. If you use hotspot data as much as I do, you'll love Cricket because you can add as much hotspot data as you want! I have 75gb of hotspot data each month! It's a great company!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I just wanted to pay my bill, My credit card changed and I had not updated it before my billing cycle apparently. The Cricket payment system is the most backwards thing I have ever dealt with. They tell you to login on the website or within the app, but those don't work because the service is cut off. When you try to visit the website, it says to login to the website to make a payment which you can't do because you have no service. I tried from a computer and was not able to login to the cricket website as it says "Access to My Account is unavailable. Please call Customer Care".

Calling into the system is completely terrible as well, The automated payment system wants multiple syllable answers and only hears about 15% of your answers. The operators cannot enter your card due to some policy so you are stuck with the automated pile of junk. Then it charges you an additional $4 for processing it through the automated system stating that you can save the additional fee by using their app., Yes, you heard that correctly, The app that does not work when you don't have service. You can use that non-working app to make a payment so they don't charge you an additional $4 for the convenience of you doing all the work to process the payment.

The billing system will not tell you this, but if you try to setup autopay it will fail with some incredibly vague message and bounce you to an operator. The problem is you have to go through the pay my bill system first, then once that is complete (solid 20 minutes most times), then you can hang up, call back and setup autopay (or so I am told).

The level of customer evasion built into this system is off the charts. I have never dealt with such an incompetently designed system. The information the operators have is literally completely incorrect. Everything is designed around logging into the app or website which I am guessing is supposed to work even with suspended service? Well, it doesn't. To be fair I have had this problem with cricket ever since I first setup the account. I have been able to login to the cricket app successfully 2 times. That's it, I use the same username and password and I have never been able to get in again despite resetting passwords, confirmation codes, etc. It always has the call customer service message and the customer service reps always tell me the same thing, Login with the app or to the website.

I realize some may think I am just incapable or something, but I have been a full time computer tech for the last 15 years, I help people with this kind of stuff all of the time, anything from account lockouts to this kind of crap. This was on my own personal account and this was by far the most frustrating and time consuming thing I have had to deal with just to simply make a payment and get charged a fee for making said payment. The next best solution would be to drive to a kiosk about 50 miles away, The reps a the kiosk are very competent and capable if you can make it in during the hours they are open. This was enough of a push for me to look into changing service providers.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I am a Cricket user. I changed over from another cellular company thinking that I made a great choice to find out cricket overcharged my debit card as if I had five account and I only had four accounts with them. When I went to speak with a representative they made me believe that they would fix this situation and give me a credit but they never given me a credit from the overcharge. I would never refer anyone I know to switch over to this company as I feel like they are crooked and took advantage of me. If I could give a zero I would.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I've been with Cricket for a year in November and they've been a good company. I gave 5 stars because I've not had any issues with them. They have good service, they have hotspot data that you can replenish if you run out, they have the newer phones so you're not stuck with an older, cheaper phone but they also have cheaper phone options, you can bring an unlocked phone over without having to pay to register it, and there's much more. I've only had one issue with them last month, but aside from that, they've been amazing.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

If in the market for some economical hotspot, stay away from the Turbo Hotspot 2 from Cricket. Purchased a new one since had the 5 cellphone plan for over 5 years and been working fine. Decided to stay with cricket and opened a new account for the hotspot. Didn't work since day 1. After couple days of retrying, resets, etc. went to store for replacement and they made me go through the online warranty process. After 2 days I got a refurbished one so figure that out. The refurbished one was worst than the new one so here goes the phone calls again. They kept transferring me to the warranty department that states they will call back and nothing.

Next day I come from work to sit on the phone again calling for support. Long story short, I paid 79.99 + 25. for activation fee and never got any type of compensation, account credits or anything. Ended up purchasing an unlocked CUDY dual band on Amazon for 129 and works perfect. Called again to confirm that the unlocked device is working perfect and still nothing. I don't think this is a way to treat a customer that been with them for 5+ years on auto pay without ever missing a payment. Beware, there is no such thing as customer loyalty anymore.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I recently just found out after over 10yrs of being with Cricket that my plan was changed to the grandfather plan. Now when I got with cricket the highest plan they had was $50 unlimited with a hotspot. Now the 50 dollar plan is more like the 40 dollar plan but I have been paying 50. Instead of giving me the 55 dollar plan they downgraded me to a plan 10 dollars less than the original. Funny how they wouldn’t give a over 10yr customer 5 dollars but felt dropping me 10 was ok without notice.

Trying to figure out now how long has this been going on because cricket owe me ten dollars a month extra since they downgraded my plan to a plan only worth 40 dollars not unlimited data like my old plan, but I have been paying 50 like it was still unlimited. Wonder exactly how many people they have done this to. Not my fault y’all went up on prices for new customers, but doing this to 10yr plus customers that is already locked in with the original unlimited 50 dollar plan was unethical and sneaky.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

Cricket Wireless Company Information