1.38/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Cricket Wireless

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Cricket Wireless Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I love Cricket because I used to have AT&T. Now that’s a pain in the neck and charge me 125 a month and not much service. And prepare to wait until you going into labor if you are pregnant. AT&T is the worst of the worst and they were about to go bankrupt until iPhone use their only company to Apple phone buyers and boy were they cocky. And I hate AT&T and I would use payphone before I use AT&T. Is really a ridiculous company SO I SWITCH to CRICKET and was I grateful. And still now I pay 95 for 2 lines and unlimited internet use. And sometimes it will slow down a little when overused so no worries as long as I get there.

And AT&T offers 4 GB for 125. If I don’t use it it will not roll over and still pay the same price. I freaking hate AT&T. And I had cricket for 3 years now and never have issue with payment to connection to customer service. Always very short wait and the people at cricket was helpful and patient especially to Edwin who had helped me reset my network when I suddenly lost internet connection on my phone. CRICKET love and all of you should give it a try. But yet I afraid if cricket getting too big it will become another AT&T SO CRICKET don’t change. And I like cricket just the way it is and always.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My most recent experience was on October 7, 2019. Unfortunately, I had just lost my phone. This was the first time. I went into a local shop located at 30-29 Steinway Street, Astoria (Queens) New York. There I was greeted by **, the store manager. I explained my situation and ** assisted me in ing another phone. The phone I had was a Samsung S9. I was not looking for any particular brand this time, I just wanted one that would prove reliable. ** showed me a LG Stylo 5 which he said was being offered through Cricket for considerably less than what it was being offered for in a larger store, Best Buy.

I was not familiar with the LG smartphones, although I actually have other large LG products at home: refrigerator and television. He showed me the stylus (hence, "Stylo") feature which was attached to the phone. I think that was the feature which made me particularly interested in purchasing the LG. In addition, the price was reasonable and price, of course, was the number one factor. ** was efficient, professional and quite pleasant. He took time to get the new phone set up with a new SIM card. He was able to retrieve and restore my contacts, texts and photos from the lost phone. I was very happy about that because I had been concerned that they may have been lost as well. I was quite satisfied with the customer service I received from ** and left feeling content with a new phone.

As for Cricket itself, I have had no issue with the service. I switched to Cricket when it was just moving into my neighborhood, the store I went into was just being put up. I wanted to switch from other carriers with the main problem being that other carriers I had were not able to provide service where I traveled often, about 4 hours outside of New York City. I decided that if the service from Cricket functioned in that area then I would gladly switch and become a customer.

The pricing was good and I was able to save $5 per month by using the automatic payment. This works well for me because I do not have to be concerned with going into a store or mailing off a bill to make a payment and there is no chance of having my service terminated should I forget to do so. I have told many friends and relatives to consider switching to Cricket when they have told me about problems they experience with their providers. I cannot understand why anyone would choose to sign a 2 year contract and have high monthly payments.

Actually, there is one change that has been made since Cricket has expanded and now has many more customers. This is an important subject. The thing that really stood out and impressed me when I was new to Cricket was that when I called for information, there was an ACTUAL PERSON who answered the call! I used to tell folks about how nice that was and that it made me really want to continue as a Cricket customer. Sadly, that is not the case anymore. Cricket has, unfortunately, gone the way of most others by having an automated answering system with a menu. However, I continue to recommend Cricket as a good choice for a cellular service provider.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This company has never raised their price on me. I was told my 5 phones would be $125.00 with unlimited data. Although it does not have service in some areas that Sprint which is overpriced and steals your money even having proof that you paid them the bill they still take your money from you and God help if you ever pay Sprint with a credit card. Getting out of Sprint is almost impossible. They keep taking your money even after they send you a Zero Balance forward bill.

Thank God for attorneys. Sprint is making a settlement offer to me at this time not sure how much I'm going to get. But Cricket also has phone service in places that you don't get with Sprint. I believe that Cricket has a bit less service but where you get it you also get internet. With Sprint just cause you may have phone service you don't always get internet and they consistently raise the price of your bill. With Cricket I've never had a bill any different than what I was told I would pay. The price of Cricket is well worth it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I have been a Cricket customer for over 3 years. I have not had any problems. Their service is the most reliable prepaid service I have used, even when I go to rural areas. I didn't like that they cap your data at 8mbs. But since they came out with the Unlimited Extra plan last year that isn't the case anymore. I am constantly getting speeds well over 60mbs. I don't have any experience with any of the phones you can buy from their stores or online. I have always used my own phone that I buy unlocked. Autopay has always been the way to pay for me. I've never had a problem with them not taking a payment. I know when it's coming out and to make sure the money's available. In the 3 years I've been a customer I've only had to call customer service a handful of times and my problems were resolved quickly. I would highly recommend Cricket to anyone looking for prepaid wireless.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have had Cricket for almost a year. I had a Fortune phone and the battery was draining VERY fast. It started doing other things I couldn't fix either. So I went into the store and bought a Samsung Galaxy Halo. I originally wanted a different kind but they were out. The woman was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like is after I paid for the new phone I asked her about the old phone if I just gave it to them or what. It was ONLY THEN that she told me that I could've traded it in for a $20 credit. She then offered free accessories for the new phone that costed $20. Other than that, I'm satisfied. I've never had trouble with the billing or my data. I hope this phone lasts LONGER THAN A YEAR!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

On the date of November 7, 2019, I stopped by a Cricket Communications store in Aurora, Colorado (Crossroads shopping center) to have my phone looked at regarding ongoing service problems I have been experiencing, not only was the service provider rude to me as I walked in the store, and rolled her eyes at another employee working there, but refused to problem solve any issues I was describing with my cell phone service, informed me that my phone was 'old' and told me my only option moving forward was to purchase a new phone, I walked out of this specific store feeling insulted and none of my phone concerns were resolved! What horrible customer service!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I called 611 to get help because the store said to. 611 said to call the phone manufacturer then hung up on me before I could get out my entire issue! I'm so tired of the lack of customer service! This is shameful!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I had two lines. I had horrible coverage that would cut out. I was paying almost 140 a month! So I switched to Verizon which is cheaper a month and better coverage. The day we switched the 2nd line to Verizon; Cricket posted a payment from my account! When I called them up to get a refund of my money they said I needed to call my bank to have them stop or reverse and when I called my bank they are like, "We can’t do that. it’s on them to refund you!" Both customer service reps that I talked to gave me the ring around so here I am with no refund! They Stole my money!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Dealing with customer service for Cricket Wireless is about as frustrating as picking eraser fuzzies from wet paint with tweezers. They don't listen, they belittle the issue, and they pawn off the "work" onto me rather than actually help, which leads to even more eraser fuzzies and frustration. I called customer service because once again, I could not get into my online account.

I needed to download some of my monthly usage/statement info. I had tried several times with both my phone numbers to get logged into the website. Nothing worked. I kept getting an error message on the website (and on the app) telling me: My Account (the service, not my actual account) is temporarily unavailable. Try again later or call Customer Care yadda yadda yadda. I write down my login info upon service setup so I knew my information was correct but two days in a row I could not get access to my account. And the second error I kept getting was after I called customer service the second time, which I’ll explain after the first error.

Both times I called the first day the agents must have had me on mute because they went through their script like Homer binging on a donut. Nothing said to them slowed them down, much less stopped them. Each time I kept telling them it was the website not me but they plowed on ahead anyhow. They had me trying to reset passwords, redo my user name, reset my code question, etc. Each time nothing changed… I could not get past the login screen on the website – cause remember… they made me do it again and again on the website rather than just hit the magic reset button on their end.

They told me I was doing it wrong. They kept telling me I wasn’t on the right screen. They even spelled out the web address because, let’s face it, I must not be an actual customer (they asked.) They just could not get it through their heads that My Account wasn’t working, either on a computer or phone app. To them it was operator error and come heck or high water, they were going to make this issue my fault. After arguing with them for nearly 30 minutes on the second phone call they finally concluded that I had tried too many time that day to login and now I had to wait 24 hours to let the system reset. So I waited.

After 24 hours I opened a chat this time rather than call because I hate dealing with those guys as it is. People say less when they have to type it out. Needless to say, they were no help either. I texted them that I could not get logged into my online account and they went through the same tired script while I munched on a donut. I kept answering with the same thing: the website it not working.

I cannot get past the login screen. And they plowed on ahead anyhow. This time the agent really went for broke and had the nerve to ask me why I even wanted to login to my account in the first place. By now I’m Lamaze breathing and thanking any deity listening that I’m typing rather than speaking because my fingers sure don’t work as fast as my smart mouth does. I gave them a cap W T F and proceeded to explain that it was my account and I would login when I felt like it for reasons that are my own. He apologized but geez, why did he even ask such a ridiculous question in the first place?

After accepting my pin the customer service person came back saying that I needed to redo my whole account due to some error on their end. That was all I could get from them. Some error? So I clicked the link provided by the helpful agent and it took me to a “register your account” front page and I proceeded to redo my account info by starting out with a new username and my phone number. Simple enough. Imagine my (lack of) surprise when I got an error… “Uh oh! You may have missed something. Please check your answers below and try again.”

Funny thing is, there are only two “questions” to answer 1) phone number and 2) user name – which must include at least one letter (check), Be at least five characters (check), Not contain special characters (and check). Confirm I’m not a robot, God forbid… and Submit. And I got an error for answering the “questions” incorrectly. So I tried again lest I be accused of being a quitter. Same results again and again, even if I was trying different user names just to make sure I wasn’t Homer.

The chat agent decided that maybe my case should be escalated to the tech team. He asked me when to call and I said now. That answer didn’t work so I settled for some time in the next 24 hours but usually, they don’t call me back. I have to call them. So now I’m back to waiting on Cricket Wireless customer service to do something other than nothing. In the meantime I will scratch out my frustrations on paper and not erase the rude words that I could not use on this website.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Cricket is a prepaid cell phone service. Each cell phone line on an account is $40 per month. And there is no contract involved. Meaning, each line is approximately $1.33 per day. As a prepaid service, the customer should be able to pay by the week (if they choose). However, in speaking with customer service reps (who do not speak English), you are required to pay the entire $40 upfront even if you may or may not want the service for the entire month.

The “free” Android cell phone they give you is terrible. It’s like a toy for toddlers to play with. It comes with only 8 gigs! I don’t understand how they continue to exist. It’s almost like a scam. And the customer service hours are bad. Which makes sense because the customer service is horrible! They don’t understand what you are trying to explain to them and they only read from a script (repeating the same line multiple times). I do not recommend Cricket for anyone. If you want prepaid service, go to T-mobile, etc. Always check reviews before you decide on a service. I neglected to do this before going to Cricket. I won’t do that again.

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs