Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.58/5

Cricket Wireless Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

We have been using Cricket for over 3 yrs now without any problems or issues. If you want a no-frills carriers Cricket is the answer. Voice and data plan with automatic credit card debit is the lowest available. Just recently they are some additional plans are available such as wireless calling, unlimited data and mobile hot spot. Like other carriers new subscribers get a better deal than upgrading a existing plan just like the other carriers. If you want to purchase a phone with a plan the selection is limited so it is best to purchase a unlocked GSM phone from eBay or Amazon or the many other on-line sellers.

There are stores are geographically located near population centers so you do not have to search far to find a location. We have yet had a need to visit a store to resolve any issues. The one we organically visited to activate the BYOD. All that was necessary was change out the SIM card with a Cricket Wireless and activate our account. There are no long waits like the major carriers to pay bills, resolve phone issues and purchase accessories.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I love Cricket because I used to have AT&T. Now that’s a pain in the neck and charge me 125 a month and not much service. And prepare to wait until you going into labor if you are pregnant. AT&T is the worst of the worst and they were about to go bankrupt until iPhone use their only company to Apple phone buyers and boy were they cocky. And I hate AT&T and I would use payphone before I use AT&T. Is really a ridiculous company SO I SWITCH to CRICKET and was I grateful. And still now I pay 95 for 2 lines and unlimited internet use. And sometimes it will slow down a little when overused so no worries as long as I get there.

And AT&T offers 4 GB for 125. If I don’t use it it will not roll over and still pay the same price. I freaking hate AT&T. And I had cricket for 3 years now and never have issue with payment to connection to customer service. Always very short wait and the people at cricket was helpful and patient especially to Edwin who had helped me reset my network when I suddenly lost internet connection on my phone. CRICKET love and all of you should give it a try. But yet I afraid if cricket getting too big it will become another AT&T SO CRICKET don’t change. And I like cricket just the way it is and always.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My most recent experience was on October 7, 2019. Unfortunately, I had just lost my phone. This was the first time. I went into a local shop located at 30-29 Steinway Street, Astoria (Queens) New York. There I was greeted by **, the store manager. I explained my situation and ** assisted me in ing another phone. The phone I had was a Samsung S9. I was not looking for any particular brand this time, I just wanted one that would prove reliable. ** showed me a LG Stylo 5 which he said was being offered through Cricket for considerably less than what it was being offered for in a larger store, Best Buy.

I was not familiar with the LG smartphones, although I actually have other large LG products at home: refrigerator and television. He showed me the stylus (hence, "Stylo") feature which was attached to the phone. I think that was the feature which made me particularly interested in purchasing the LG. In addition, the price was reasonable and price, of course, was the number one factor. ** was efficient, professional and quite pleasant. He took time to get the new phone set up with a new SIM card. He was able to retrieve and restore my contacts, texts and photos from the lost phone. I was very happy about that because I had been concerned that they may have been lost as well. I was quite satisfied with the customer service I received from ** and left feeling content with a new phone.

As for Cricket itself, I have had no issue with the service. I switched to Cricket when it was just moving into my neighborhood, the store I went into was just being put up. I wanted to switch from other carriers with the main problem being that other carriers I had were not able to provide service where I traveled often, about 4 hours outside of New York City. I decided that if the service from Cricket functioned in that area then I would gladly switch and become a customer.

The pricing was good and I was able to save $5 per month by using the automatic payment. This works well for me because I do not have to be concerned with going into a store or mailing off a bill to make a payment and there is no chance of having my service terminated should I forget to do so. I have told many friends and relatives to consider switching to Cricket when they have told me about problems they experience with their providers. I cannot understand why anyone would choose to sign a 2 year contract and have high monthly payments.

Actually, there is one change that has been made since Cricket has expanded and now has many more customers. This is an important subject. The thing that really stood out and impressed me when I was new to Cricket was that when I called for information, there was an ACTUAL PERSON who answered the call! I used to tell folks about how nice that was and that it made me really want to continue as a Cricket customer. Sadly, that is not the case anymore. Cricket has, unfortunately, gone the way of most others by having an automated answering system with a menu. However, I continue to recommend Cricket as a good choice for a cellular service provider.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This company has never raised their price on me. I was told my 5 phones would be $125.00 with unlimited data. Although it does not have service in some areas that Sprint which is overpriced and steals your money even having proof that you paid them the bill they still take your money from you and God help if you ever pay Sprint with a credit card. Getting out of Sprint is almost impossible. They keep taking your money even after they send you a Zero Balance forward bill.

Thank God for attorneys. Sprint is making a settlement offer to me at this time not sure how much I'm going to get. But Cricket also has phone service in places that you don't get with Sprint. I believe that Cricket has a bit less service but where you get it you also get internet. With Sprint just cause you may have phone service you don't always get internet and they consistently raise the price of your bill. With Cricket I've never had a bill any different than what I was told I would pay. The price of Cricket is well worth it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I have been a Cricket customer for over 3 years. I have not had any problems. Their service is the most reliable prepaid service I have used, even when I go to rural areas. I didn't like that they cap your data at 8mbs. But since they came out with the Unlimited Extra plan last year that isn't the case anymore. I am constantly getting speeds well over 60mbs. I don't have any experience with any of the phones you can buy from their stores or online. I have always used my own phone that I buy unlocked. Autopay has always been the way to pay for me. I've never had a problem with them not taking a payment. I know when it's coming out and to make sure the money's available. In the 3 years I've been a customer I've only had to call customer service a handful of times and my problems were resolved quickly. I would highly recommend Cricket to anyone looking for prepaid wireless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have had Cricket Wireless since 2014. This company as a whole is great, but the one thing that I've been trying to get fixed is that when I call people their caller ID says I'm someone else and I'm a scam. Cricket has yet to fix this problem, and due to this ridiculous virus reaction they think closing customer service is going to help. If they put their centers in the US, and not in Asia they'd be able to operate normally.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Today I visited the Cricket store at 1322 Prince Rd. in Tucson, AZ., 85705. I was greeted by **, the available associate, and it was all uphill from there! She was knowledgeable and extremely helpful throughout my entire visit, and because of this, I felt comfortable and safe in making a major change in my phone, and phone service! I highly recommend this store if you are anywhere in this area of Tucson, or even if you're not-truly worth a bit of a drive if necessary!

Original review: May 18, 2020

After 2 attempts to purchase the Galaxy's and service we never even got service! We spent $250.00+ two separate times attempting to gain new service and both times they auto canceled and we never received anything. We attempted to go into the Sapulpa, Ok store and the customer service rep was so rude and said they couldn't even tell me why it was canceled. He refused to help me at all and said he wouldn't recommend buying in the store because it would be over $500.00 for service for 1 person and we wanted 2 lines and phones. I felt like that was a lie just to get us to leave. I will never use Cricket again after this experience! We are happy with Metro PC! Oh and by the way, the 2nd refund from the cancellations is still pending in my account, over 2 weeks still waiting on it!!! Thanks Cricket for nothing!

Original review: May 15, 2020

Before my service was interrupted I repeatedly tried to make payment over automated system and QuickPay links provided by Cricket, was given error messages time after time again on both systems. No customer service was available. After service was interrupted, called 611 to make payment to restore. At this point was told they are not accepting payments over phone. I explained both their payment systems were having issues and I now had no service and simply needed to pay. Cricket's customer service is directed outside of the US. The representatives speak English but DO NOT comprehend anything being asked or explained. Instead of solving issues, will repeat the same sentence (having NOTHING to do with what is being asked) repeatedly, as if this will change what you are needing or asking.

After having no service, due to NO fault of my own, I speed after work to make it to a Cricket store to which I was CHARGED $4.00 to pay for service that is shotty at best and employees that are paid to do this are they not???? I have been a Cricket customer over 6 years and after this last fiasco, I will be leaving them after this month. Called customer service requesting my $4.00 be credited or reimbursed to which a male rep insisted on repeating ways that can help me make next months payments!!! Wt#?? Mind you, they were both attempted this month. He not once understand what I wanted or was asking for.... CRICKET WIRELESS, get a clue. Take PROPER care of good customers or you're going to lose them all.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I am a Cricket Wireless customer for over six years now. They always used At&t tower and never had any major issue with them. But something happened, especially a few months ago, when I noticed dropped calls or no calls at all, no internet or text. It lasted no more than a few hours, now it happens frequently and I am out of service for days. When trying to resolve issues, I can't, as their customer service people in far away countries and can't hear them well or understand them. I was told by two of them, we have lots of trees, that's the problem. We always had trees, they didn't just grew in the past few months, so their excuse is pointless. I wish I could find a better cell company, but reading reviews, all of them have horrible reception and service in my area, which is Gold Bar, WA.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team