1.38/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Cricket Wireless

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Cricket Wireless Reviews

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Not sure if you know it, but Progressive Insurance bought Cricket Wireless. So now when you go to a Cricket store to buy a phone here’s how it works. Say the phone costs $199. The first thing that happens when you tell the counter mope the phone you want - they will go in the back to get your phone. Then watch them go over and start selecting every accessory they can think of. Ear buds, new cases, screen protector (OK, you probably want this one), new charger & cord, etc.

The counter mope won’t tell you this, but everything they pick up for you is something you’re going to be leasing over time through — you guessed it — Progressive Leasing! Every accessory costs $19.99, no matter what it is with the exception of the charger cord. This puppy costs $39.99 and is something you can get through Amazon for probably under ten bucks. Cricket will only allow you to pay about 1/3 of the bill immediately and you must lease say, the charger and screen protector if that’s all you want.

So if the counter mope puts out 3 accessories and the charger cord with your new phone these are things you will be leasing for an additional $100 IF you pay the total bill the next day or under 90 days. Your $199 phone is now $299 plus tax, or around $325! Of course if you want phone insurance it’s available for $7 a month - through progressive insurance of course. You are allowed to return the additional accessories for a full refund but ONLY if you agree to the FULL yearly Progressive lease. I do ride share and get paid weekly, so the total cost of the full allowed lease year (52 payments, deducted automatically) plus tax, would be $675 for the original $199 cell phone!! Progressive Insurance and Cricket allows both companies to have their cake and eat it too on you! And it’s a BIG cake. Hope this helps.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Customer service is the absolute worst I've ever dealt with. Not a single person knows up from down or left from right as soon as my month of service is complete so is my relationship with Cricket Wireless and their parent company AT&T.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I always do BridgePay when paying for my monthly service for Cricket. I have four lines and have been with cricket for years... But this month I paid for my first payment of bridgepay and on the last day I went in to pay the remaining half and they tried to tell me that I never paid my payment at all. Well the sad thing is I threw my receipt away because I have NEVER had a problem with my payments and as usual I got someone who was VERY, VERY, VERY RUDE and that I could barely understand, I asked could I speak to a supervisor and the man said one wasn't available... (I know that was a lie because there is always a supervisor on duty!!)

I was very disappointed in how the man handled my call and kept saying that I didnt pay when I know I did (pretty much called me a liar and said I didnt pay it). I dont know what that man did with my payment but I am now starting to believe he did something, what I don't exactly know, but it was a bunch of short talking, rudeness, and poor customer service. I am soooo sad to say after years of having CRICKET as my cell phone provider I am now looking into getting a new cell phone provider. It's sad that the man was soooo rude to me and is the cause of me now wanting to switch my cell phone carrier and I have been with cricket for years w/ a 4 line plan.... It's bad that one sour apple spoils the whole bunch....

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

10/14/2019. After researching a few wireless companies for competitive price and service, I choose to go with and give Cricket a try. I do have another phone and plan through Straight Talk (Wal-mart service) which has been excellent except, from day one, I start getting so many robo and spam calls. I decided to get another service on another phone and only use it for my contacts, and not give out the number to any other source, that may sell it to third party jack**. So I checked my coverage with my ZIP code on the Cricket service area map and my phone compatibility, and WALA!!! Congratulations you can become the next Cricket Wireless sucker. $40.00 and waiting.

Received my SIM card today and now time for the 3 simple steps to activate my phone. Well of course calls needed to be made to Cricket customer service because I only get 1 bar and calls dropping like flies in a freezer. Now of course you get to speak to someone whose English dialect is so hard to understand, among the background noise of what a fire drill in Wal-mart would sound like. Not only 1 call, but 3 of them just to burn your **. Maybe they think you'll just get fed up enough and just say forget it. Well, ends up that this needed to go to the higher echelon because they will know how to get service to my phone, yes they have the magic wand that this customer service guy and the other 3 customer service people don't have access too. However, it will take an additional 3 to 5 business days before they can get "BACK TO ME".

This call was the final nail in the coffin because "OH I'M SORRY BUT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO GIVE REFUNDS." That's like saying, You probably would have had better luck shoving that 40.00 up a goat's ** and pray it craps a warm sweater for ya!!!! Now it's up to me to go to my bank and request a charge back from Cricket and who knows if that will ever happen. Folks, this is the continued crap that you will be dealing with for the rest of you life as long as you make the mistake of dealing online and not in person. I am going to find a way to kick myself in the ** good and hard before every dealing with companies such as this Cricket Crap!!!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I ordered an in stock phone from Cricket to upgrade. The phone never shipped. I then spent a week dealing with incompetent customer service representatives. I’m told the phone is not in stock. When will it be in stock? Unknown. Cancel the order. Can’t do it. Give me a supervisor. Lose the call. Call back. Am told order is canceled. A lie. Am told the phone is in stock and will ship. A lie. Am told UPS has the phone. A lie. Am told phone is ready for shipment waiting for UPS. A lie. He’s just fishing trying to tell me what he thinks I want to hear. Finally get a supervisor who offers no solution other than wait for the phone to be in stock or open a trouble ticket to cancel the order. Can’t just cancel it now.

Sunday, when I placed the order, the Cricket website showed the phone in stock. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday it’s in stock. Thursday it shows out of stock. Friday it has been completely removed from the website. And they tell me to wait for it to be in stock again? Clearly they will never get the phone again. Other phones on the website show out of stock, but are still there. The supervisor ‘says’ he will open a ticket to cancel the order. Then I will be refunded my money. I imagine it will take weeks for me to get my money back so I went ahead and filed a dispute with my bank.

In a nutshell, Cricket Wireless cellular service is great. I never had an issue with it. On the other hand, customer service is incompetent and useless. If you want good inexpensive cellular service then Cricket is the place to go. But if you ever have to deal with customer service then you had better dig in because you will be dealing with people that are useless morons. They will give you vague answers. They will lie to you. They will over non solutions to your issue. Despite the excellent cellular service, I’ve left Cricket due to the horrible customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have had to warranty 3 phones and lose a lot of information on my phone since 2018, this is ridiculous. Every time I have to call Cricket it is the most difficult conversations. No one listens. I just called to get help with my Nokia that was replaced abut 2 months ago, tech support and the lady said that she was going to run a test on my phone system and came back and said she couldn't find anything wrong so she was going to give me the tech support number for Nokia. I called number and it was incorrect. So I called back and got a different lady who now tells me that there is NO phone number for Nokia Tech Support???? Come on people.... This is not good customer service. So No one can tell me what's wrong with my phone so I have to warranty it AGAIN??? Super pissed about this bad customer service!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

So my boyfriend and I use to have T-Mobile for the past 4 years. We were paying $180 for two lines unlimited everything and we were looking around to switch company's for something less pricey. We decided to try Cricket out for the first time. We got two lines unlimited everything, the lady who sold us the lines said our service WILL work if we travel outside of the country and when I went to Mexico my service did not work AT ALL. The first couple weeks I had my phone it didn't let me download any apps without WiFi which makes no sense. If I have unlimited internet why would I need WiFi?

I called customer service number. The lady had no idea what she was doing and there was another lady in the background telling her what to do. Then after two months I finally was able to download apps without WiFi. Another issue we had was we repeated to the lady who sold us the lines that we wanted auto pay. She even charged us an extra fee for that and a month later our lines get disconnected when we have money in our account and I had to call customer service again and they said we were never on auto-pay. The lady also put us on insurance when me nor my boyfriend wanted any insurance on the phone. Lastly I've had Cricket for 3 months now and my internet Is horrible. It's extremely slow and sometimes my apps take FOREVER to load. This is unbelievable how I went from T-Mobile to Cricket and it was the worst mistake I made. DO NOT GET CRICKET. If you reading this it's nothing but lies and bad service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Recently I had to purchase a new charger for my Samsung 8+. Cricket was helpful in determining it was the charger, not the phone, causing the phone not to charge. I appreciate that. However, they sold me a supposedly new charger made by ZIZO. I was told that if I had any problem to just bring it back and they would make good on the purchase. On the 4th day (in the car on the way out of the country) I noticed the cord was frayed at the connection to the plug that goes into the phone. The copper looking wires were exposed. The item was in no way mishandled... it was clearly a defective item.

After two days of correspondence and sending pictures to ZIZO and Cricket I was told that no refund would be given but I could get a replacement charger from ZIZO AFTER I paid postage of ABOUT $6.65. I refused as I feel I should not have to fork over additional money for an item I paid $32.46 for that was defective. I will never buy merchandise from Cricket again and I will never buy any product from ZIZO. Very disappointed in customer service.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I signed with Cricket Wireless based on the fact they had cell service where I work Deadhorse Alaska for half the year I am in this remote area of Alaska, after 6 weeks of service they discontinued service to Deadhorse Alaska making my phone useless for half of the year. Due to this I will have to find a reliable cell service after buying new phones and bringing a total of 4 phones to this plan. Very rude and cost me a lot of money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

My husband ordered a Cellphone and paid $55.00 U.S. Dollars. It has taken 3 hours to activate and still nothing. This is not his fault that he can't activate. So now he is trying to just send the phone back at no additional cost and get his money back. Customer service has been no help at all. We will never go with Cricket Wireless, nor will we recommend Cricket Wireless to anyone.

Cricket Wireless Company Information