Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.57/5

Cricket Wireless Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2020

After 2 attempts to purchase the Galaxy's and service we never even got service! We spent $250.00+ two separate times attempting to gain new service and both times they auto canceled and we never received anything. We attempted to go into the Sapulpa, Ok store and the customer service rep was so rude and said they couldn't even tell me why it was canceled. He refused to help me at all and said he wouldn't recommend buying in the store because it would be over $500.00 for service for 1 person and we wanted 2 lines and phones. I felt like that was a lie just to get us to leave. I will never use Cricket again after this experience! We are happy with Metro PC! Oh and by the way, the 2nd refund from the cancellations is still pending in my account, over 2 weeks still waiting on it!!! Thanks Cricket for nothing!

Original review: May 15, 2020

Before my service was interrupted I repeatedly tried to make payment over automated system and QuickPay links provided by Cricket, was given error messages time after time again on both systems. No customer service was available. After service was interrupted, called 611 to make payment to restore. At this point was told they are not accepting payments over phone. I explained both their payment systems were having issues and I now had no service and simply needed to pay. Cricket's customer service is directed outside of the US. The representatives speak English but DO NOT comprehend anything being asked or explained. Instead of solving issues, will repeat the same sentence (having NOTHING to do with what is being asked) repeatedly, as if this will change what you are needing or asking.

After having no service, due to NO fault of my own, I speed after work to make it to a Cricket store to which I was CHARGED $4.00 to pay for service that is shotty at best and employees that are paid to do this are they not???? I have been a Cricket customer over 6 years and after this last fiasco, I will be leaving them after this month. Called customer service requesting my $4.00 be credited or reimbursed to which a male rep insisted on repeating ways that can help me make next months payments!!! Wt#?? Mind you, they were both attempted this month. He not once understand what I wanted or was asking for.... CRICKET WIRELESS, get a clue. Take PROPER care of good customers or you're going to lose them all.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I am a Cricket Wireless customer for over six years now. They always used At&t tower and never had any major issue with them. But something happened, especially a few months ago, when I noticed dropped calls or no calls at all, no internet or text. It lasted no more than a few hours, now it happens frequently and I am out of service for days. When trying to resolve issues, I can't, as their customer service people in far away countries and can't hear them well or understand them. I was told by two of them, we have lots of trees, that's the problem. We always had trees, they didn't just grew in the past few months, so their excuse is pointless. I wish I could find a better cell company, but reading reviews, all of them have horrible reception and service in my area, which is Gold Bar, WA.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Two months ago, I went to the cricket store in the City of Wellington FL, and bought an I Phone 11 and an unlimited pre-paid internet service, most of the time the internet did not have it, calls were heard with noises sometimes, and other times they disconnected, the times I tried to talk on the phone with them it was impossible until I decided to go to another company, I just talked to Isaac on the phone, after waiting a long time and he says he can't unlock my phone to Another company because those phones, that I pay in full, are exclusive to cricket and that I have to use it for at least 6 months with them to be eligible for unlocking, so I want to inform all the people who are going to approach this company that they do not, never in my life have I bought anything in this country that does not belong to me completely, they are liars, very expensive prices, very bad communications, A TOTAL DISASTER!!!!

Original review: May 10, 2020

I’ve been through customer service hell with Cricket the last month. I’m not exaggerating when I say this experience with Cricket has been the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had in my 28 years of being alive. (The quotes are direct quotes from Customer Service Representatives.) April 20th: I bought a phone and shipped it accidentally to the wrong address. The website didn't let me fix the address online, so within five minutes of making the purchase, I called Cricket to fix it. I was told that they couldn't fix my shipping address there or cancel my order (already very surprising, but okay, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and the woman, Patty, I spoke to was very nice). Patty said she was, and I'm quoting her, "100% certain" my order would be canceled.

April 21st: My order is shipped out from Cricket. The way they chose to alert me that they couldn't cancel my order, despite guaranteeing they would, was by calling the number of the phone that I explained to them was the one I was replacing, and therefore the voicemail hung out in purgatory until I bought a new phone somewhere else. Again, fine, I get it, maybe some wires got crossed somewhere. I'm still willing to give the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Later this week, I'm not sure the exact date: Because I'm unable to affect the phone going to my address in New York, which, because of coronavirus, is not where I am right now, I decide to go to Cricket on 2009 York Road to purchase a temporary phone. I waited until 11:30AM for someone to show up (store was supposed to open at 11AM). Several confused people walk by and try to enter but can't. I leave at 11:30AM, and a friend lends me their spare phone, and I can port my number over from Cricket.

April 22nd: The phone arrives at my apartment in New York. I call the pharmacy and let them know to refuse the package so it can be sent back to Cricket. They do. The UPS person doesn't leave them any sort of ticket. April 27th: Finally, the phone thankfully returns to Cricket and is received, with Proof of Delivery. April 29th: I message with Cricket, looking for my refund or for confirmation that my phone was received back. I was told that "my refund would process within 5-7 days".

May 4rd (7 days later): I call Cricket (livid, because this has been too much). Talked to Frankie, who was incredibly nice. He passed me on to the back office, where I explain the situation to the woman, and she tells me that it's "7-10 days" that the refund will be issued, she's "sorry I was told otherwise" and she's putting an acceleration on the ticket and I will "definitely hear within 48 hours." May 10th: Lo and behold, it's been 14 days, and I've heard nothing. No refund, no confirmation.

I’m beyond angry right now. If this isn't fixed come Monday, I’m disputing the charge with my bank. At this point, I’m almost certainly going to leave Cricket. Plus, the people around me who have been going through this with me don’t want anything to do with Cricket, and I’m going to have to tell people not to become a Cricket customer, because I never want to have to deal with something like this again, nor do I honestly want anyone else to deal with it either.

Given what you just read, it may not sound like it, but I’m a pretty easy going person, yet I’ve talked to, idk, ten, twelve, customer service people within Cricket trying to fix this? Above, I've left out some conversations I had over Cricket Chat, simply because they went nowhere. I’m not exaggerating when I say this experience with Cricket has been the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had in my 28 years of being alive.

What do I want? I want my refund for a phone I never received. And maybe like a billion apologies. I want Cricket to put a button on its website that allows you to edit or cancel the order within a reasonable timeframe. I want Cricket customer service people over chat to make it clear from the beginning when they can and cannot help with my issue. I want better communication between their warehouse and customer service, because it's unfair that I couldn't cancel my order five minutes after making it, and it should have never shipped in the first place.

I want Cricket Customer Service Representatives to follow through on their guarantees, either by not making them at all or having more ability to alter orders, because many of them were nice but apparently powerless to interfere in this process at all. I want that Customer Service can manually reinstate an upgrade, because I still can't, use my upgrade: it went on the phone that is now sitting in Cricket's warehouse. And I want to talk to someone higher up in the company, because I don't want to foist my fury on minimum wage workers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have purchased three phones in 6 months because they are so horrible. They will not work with you on any issues at all. They have ironclad rules and will not bend. If they are wrong, it does not matter. They accidentally canceled my phone and insisted I pay $75 to have it turned back on. I am a senior citizen left with no phone service. The girl at the counter was nasty and rude. She kept saying she was trying to help me with a terrible attitude. I will never work with Cricket again.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I had Cricket for 3 months. Let me get started. Firstly the women said the phone was fast charging. She lied. 2nd the data is junk. I used the data on a casino game. It kept logging me out like every 3seconds and 3rd ppl would try to call me and get my voice mail half the time even though my phone was on. 4th my phone would be off of the charger and yet it would state low charging detected. I plan on switching service asap. This the first time I had cricket and it will be my last time.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Went on Cricket's site to check compatibility of my Samsung Galaxy 7/Verizon phone, site said NO PROBLEM. Switched and phone will not receive pictures from txt. Took phone to store and person there said that Verizon phones don't work with their company. Now I'm stuck and they don't refund or pro-rate service plan either. Wish I had never switched. This is not a completely legit company, they falsely said my phone would work.. It doesn't.

Original review: April 18, 2020

When I switched to Cricket, I had 4 bars and 12mb download speeds at my house. Something happened about 2 years ago to the signal here. I get one bar signal in house and 2 bars if I go outside. Cannot make calls from inside the house and had to switch to WiFi calling. Made several contacts with Cricket support but evidently, parent company ATT is not concerned about the Cricket customers. The tower is 1/4 mile from my house but when I drive over to the tower, I get 5 bar signal.

Drive about 8 blocks and signal drops to 2 bars. Some issue with the tower but they won't fix it. Seems the towers are leftover from the 2G days and are past the end of their life cycle. I suspect as their towers get old in other areas and start to weaken, their coverage problems will extend to most of USA. I would not recommend getting Cricket unless you are in one of the elite areas where AT&T plans to roll out 5G. Those are the only areas where AT&T is upgrading towers so their coverage is only about 1/2 of what they show on the map.

Original review: April 15, 2020

My service was disconnected today. Due to the pandemic I couldn't pay my bill. They said they would waive the $5 late fee and make a bridge payment. How can I pay something. I don't have any money. We all are unemployed right now. Heartless people.

Cricket Wireless Company Information