Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.55/5

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I have a phone with Cricket service and recently my service was interrupted due to some technicality not relating to my monthly charges. I went into a cricket location in the 33055 zip code and encountered Patricia, the most delightful, charming and courteous Cricket agent that you'd ever want to meet. She asked me for some details and the summary of the story that caused the suspension and within a few minutes, she looked at my account, wrote an email to inquire on the status and competently solved the issue. My service was restored and I am pleased with the service that I have had for five years.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Cricket Wireless will steal your money if you have money left on your account whether you ask to have it returned in store or on the phone!!! A friend told me about Mint Mobile, which is only $15 a month, has better coverage, better benefits, better customer care and are willing to process refunds without a hassle. I decided to switch asking for the remaining credit on my account to be returned and they refused!! They said I would have to call my bank to get my money returned. Additionally this company does not prorate and takes forever to answer the line keeping you on hold for over 20 minutes! The Cricket website is not working either! I couldn't even log in for a week! Cricket is not able to email or print a bill statement for you either!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. What kind of company doesn’t pro-rate or refund service not used?! I purchased a phone and service yesterday and woke up this morning uneasy about my decision because the service was really poor. I decided to return everything the way it was given to me because I had the phone less than 24 hrs. I went back to return everything and was told they could only refund me for the phone and nothing else which means I only received a 50% refund. Everybody I spoke with was extremely rude. I’m appalled by the lack of integrity in a company who’s known nationwide. Any company who lacks integrity is bottom of the barrel trash!! I would NEVER recommend Cricket for anybody! Please learn what it means to provide quality customer service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I got Cricket Wireless in May. Paid over 800.00 dollars for new phones and to start service, my bill was supposed to be 160.00 in June. They took out 269.00 and will not issue a refund. Poor service also.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Cricket will lose your messages and blame you. Today I checked my messages and had ZERO messages. No saved, no old, no new, that is impossible!!!! They will BS you until you end up screaming at them, then they will threaten to end the phone call. This is the second time I had this happen, I am done with this pathetic company. And good luck on them understanding you. Their customer service is in some Spanish speaking country.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Signed me without telling me no hotspot! Then when ask told $10 extra per month then after a month dropped me without a warning saying original plan does not offer hotspot. I told, "You are charging me for it!!!" All along a customer service crook saying, “Oh do not worry. All taken care of.” Just like their boss AT&T - the biggest crook of all.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Any company that is owned by AT&T you are just asking for it! They actually tried to charge me $3.00 just to speak to one of their customer "NO customer" service reps when trying to apply a prepaid PIN card. I lasted one month with these crooks. Don't waste your time with these crooks. Believe what all the reviews are saying. They would have bit the dust a long time ago if AT&T had not bought them out. Try to use any phone company but Cricket. Why do you think Wal Mart stopped using AT&T for their phone service and went with Verizon. Because they are corrupt as hell!

Original review: July 25, 2019

I'm using Cricket for a year, with the unlimited calls+2GB data plan for $30 a month ($35 without auto-pay). I'm very very happy with Cricket. No signal issues (of course it depends on where you live, like with every company in the world), great customer service! I leave Cricket to a cheaper company (Good2Go mobile), only because they are cheaper! If Good2Go won't provide a good service, I'll probably go back to Cricket. I'm a very demanding and technological customer (not the average customer), and if Cricket was good enough for me, they will probably be good enough for 99% of the people! I told Cricket that I got an offer for 3GB for $20 a month, and they said they can't go that low for 3GB. Kudos Cricket! We're breaking up only because I found something cheaper.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I bought my phone in the Fort Smith, AR location. Sharon was so easy to work with and so professional and knowledgeable. She did my initial set-up and has helped me on numerous occasions as I've needed to learn how to use options on my phone. She always succeeds in problem solving! I hope Cricket recognizes her value. I sure do.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I wanted to transfer to Cricket after chatting with them and was promised by several agents that I after I make the online order I will get an invoice with name and address. After paying I was told it was impossible. Then I tried to cancel the order and was told I can't even though I didn't get the sim card and it was shipped back to them. Then I was told I can be refunded but it was a different department. They transfer me to an unrelated department. They don't know anything - Stay away - they just took my money and gave no service.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have used Cricket for more than a year. It has been ok. One complaint is that monthly, they send you a text about your upcoming bill. These come at all hours of the day and night. 11 pm, 530 am. They wake me. It is stupid. Recently, I added another line. I bought an iPhone 7 from them for my son and signed up for service. I paid over $350 on my credit card. I have had auto bill pay for a year. The phone arrived and was easy to activate. It all went smoothly the first day. The next day I found that they had suspended service on both lines. They assessed me $1.83 for the first day's service and, instead of telling me about it or charging my credit card, they suspended service.

After a 20 minute phone call to India I understood what the problem was. They wrote off the $1.83, but we were without service until we figured out the problem. It is IDIOTIC to treat your customers this way. It is perfectly fine to charge me for the day's service, but to provide no notice of the charge and SUSPEND service is unforgivable. I wish I had chosen Straight Talk! All of this at the SAME time I had brought them an additional line!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I've been an auto pay customer with Cricket for over 3 years. This last month, my payment was taking and 4 days later the phone was shut off. I called the customer service line and they said, "Yes, you did auto pay but the bank took the money back." I was traveling and needed service restored immediately so paid the over the phone extra fee. That was 2 weeks ago. Today again my phone has been shut off, customer service initially (automated) said I needed to pay $45 to restore service. I called again to try to get a human and within a half hour, now I owe $50 to restore service. That's $165 for a month of service???? I think not. It was great while it lasted but I'm am one with Cricket now. Fraudsters.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Yes this is a great deal, only 25 bucks a month for a completely non functional phone. Details: Can't see screen in daylight, doesn't show messages, or missed calls, takes forever to locate a contact, gets stuck on a screen randomly and those are just a few of the features systematically on this wonderful electronic device. Now it is also literally falling apart. My goal is to run it over with my car when and if I can find any other flip phone.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have been a customer for over 10 years. In my ten years I have had many different phones manufactured from other companies than Cricket. I have been able to use my sim card in all of the phones without a problem. Today I tried to turn on my hotspot on my Alcatel Cricket phone and I was told call 611. I did and spoke to a supervisor because my hotspot did not work. Supervisor told me it is an additional.$10 a month to use the hotspot. Never has any.salesperson ever in my years as a customer there was any additional fee.

I can put my sim card in any other phone and it will work. They were not willing to waive the fee. In return they have lost a loyal customer. I already pay for my data. The $10 gets me more data. I paid for a new Cricket phone which they got the money for so I will just put my sim card in my old phone and get my hotspot for free just like I always have. They say it is policy. Well policy makers need to inform every customer or this made up fee I never have heard of in all my years as a customer with Cricket. Next call is to the BBB. I THINK IT IS IS MISLEADING WHEN YOU BUY A PHONE AND ARE NEvER TOLD OF THIS new policy. This Cricket phone is the only phone that will not let me turn on the hot spot. This is just another way to rip off the customer who keeps this company in business. Shame on you Cricket. You will never get another penny of my hard earned cash.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I purchased an iPhone 6 little less than a month and a half ago. I have never been able to sign into the Apple ID. I've been through tech support several times. I've been to Cricket Wireless several times. Anyway finally took my phone to the Apple store in Sugarland. Well come to find out they had sold me a used phone that will never be able to be used. Tried talking to cricket. See if they would make things right. Of course no management here in Bay City. Nobody knows nothing. Call management at the Lake Jackson store - very rude. She has no business being a manager. She's not professional at all. Well then back to the cricket store I have a letter stating that the phone has been refurbished and they are responsible for it. Well they're not making it right. I'm out $400.

Like I said you can't even stand to be inside the store--the smell of the mold, the filthy floors. I really wish I could take a photo of the letter from the Apple store in Sugarland and post it because they swear they do not sell refurbished phones so I had to switch service, buy a new phone. So I'm actually out more than $400. Trying to find out if there's any way I can take them to court or small claims court to get my money back. All I ask for is to make it right. Give me a different phone.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I switched from Metro by T-Mobile to Cricket in January to lower my bill. The first 2 days it was fine, then I had problem after. Problem no 1 could hear me, they said I sounded like I was underwater so I call customer support. They told me my plan was not sufficient for indoor use but I was paying a family plan. Then my internet would not work, called customer support again. They told me I was lying and my internet was working fine. I tried to get them to reset everything and send a boost to my phone. They tried to charged me $10 for the boost. All on all it was the worst 5 months I ever had with a cell phone company. Their "supervisor on 611" cursed me out and called me stupid. That made it so I switched backed to Metro and I am so glad I did. I have no problems with my phone service or internet. I would not recommend Cricket Wireless to anyone even my worst enemy. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Well what can I say. Cricket SCREWS UP in every way POSSIBLE! I ordered a hotspot device June 26, so should have received it June 27 with next day air shipping. NEVER received package, waited 2 weeks calling customer service EVERY other day. THEY ARE HORRIBLE. They NEVER FIXED A SIMPLE “DELIVERY” ISSUE! They blamed UPS for everything, when neither I or UPS could change DELIVERY due to their STRICT RESTRICTIONS which ALLOWS “ONLY” them to CHANGE ANYTHING! So finally their device got shipped back to them and now I was told to wait 10 MORE DAYS after July 8th for my refund. So HOPEFULLY after all this BS just hopefully I do get it back after so MANY LIES, RUDENESS, HEADACHES, and TIME WASTED!

Original review: July 11, 2019

First, it took 2 people, 3 tools and over an hour just to remove the back cover in order to install the SIM card. Then, the charger simply would not fit into the charging port. So the phone is totally useless. Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I could barely understand the first representative, but did get the phone number he advised me to call. I waited for more than an hour, then finally gave up. I cannot return the phone, as I didn't need it for awhile and the 30 day return window has expired. Money wasted because I just have to throw it away.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I've had Cricket in the Northeast Texas region for 3 months. Switched from AT&T. Save about $50 a month. But I noticed about 70% of the time my phone apps are slow to load. GPS and Marco Polo have to be closed and reopened 2 or three times. Service in rural area in about 50% worse than AT&T. Still I need to save money. So I'm keeping it for now. Just wanted to let y'all know my experience.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Bought a Cricket phone for my daughter until we resolved an issue with Apple on her iPhone! Remember we paid cash for her phone and bought it outright! Switched her phone back to her iPhone after issue with Apple was resolved after 5 months and 25 days! We had a family member that has another carrier and broke his phone so we told him he could have the phone we bought from Cricket as there was nothing wrong with it. As he started to set it up he gets a message. Network locked. Enter pin number!

We call Cricket to get a pin and they tell me that because my daughter didn't use the phone for a full six months and was 5 days shy they couldn't give us a pin. After going round and round with customer service they just hung up on us. I have never heard of a phone being network blocked when you buy it outright. I will be looking at switching services after 9 years with Cricket! Beware!!! Cricket has cheap prices however they are the worst with customer service!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Looked up the store hours at 1001 West Genesee St, Syracuse NY around 5am today - Opens at 10am. Originally I was just going to purchase a new battery then decided to get a new phone, as the Legacy I bought here is over a couple years old. I pulled up to the store at 10:07 with 2 people already waiting outside. The gentleman by the door said the store was still closed and didn’t think anyone was inside. This is the second time this happened to me at this location. I figure I’ll just get my new phone at Amazon instead AND buy a spare battery.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have the $60 unlimited plus plan and I just paid it and not it was. I only have 10 gigabytes of data and Cricket Wireless doesn't even have a 10 gigabyte plan. I am so mad and pissed at cricket wireless. I will be suing them also for false information.

Original review: July 1, 2019

So I’ve been with Cricket for over 6 months, pay 3 phone bills faithfully and bought the 3 iPhones from Cricket. I needed a 2 day extension on my bill because my bank card was stolen so I called. The 1st person I spoke to told me that the only way you can get an extension is to pay $40 today. I obviously don’t have that and won’t until Tuesday at midnight. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the woman I spoke to told me she would give me a 1 time free extension as a courtesy for being a loyal customer. The phone then hung up so I had to call back.

Upon calling back I spoke to 2 different supervisors who basically told me I was a liar and the previous supervisor didn’t tell me that. I told them I know the calls are recorded so I know they heard her tell me that. They still insisted I was a liar and would not allow me to speak to anyone else. There isn’t any other phone company that doesn’t offer an extension!! So I will be changing my service! I feel so disrespected!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Extremely poor customer service. They have a reason they cannot do anything to help our customers. The phone itself is not user friendly, or adaptable. I would stay as far away from this company as possible!!!

Original review: June 27, 2019

Cannot access cellular data on one and now at times a second line. While online with customer support to try to resolve the issue my device started hanging up and continued to just end calls for no reason for remainder of the day. After their reset on my device my cellular data is not allowing me without wifi at times. I have contacted customer support two days ago and they promised tech support would give me a call back yesterday. Still no call. Checked again and they asked me to please be patient they will get back with me. Tells me a lot about their tech support if the wait is this long to resolve their issue.

I currently have five phones and most of the issues have been with my daughter's iPhone X and her cellular data. I kind of thought she was exaggerating but then she started showing me every time her data just simply will not work at all which has been more frequent than not. Typical phone call takes 30 minutes and then they always do the same old crap resetting signal with her phone programmed off. This is very frustrating do to me not to mention I'm paying for unlimited data on five lines. This is my last straw with Cricket Wireless and I will be taking my business elsewhere. Ridiculous. Not to mention I can never understand the people with customer support. Sure Cricket will save money but that is absolutely it. Our local store does pretty good when they can at trying to resolve issues and answering questions but these issues are beyond ridiculous!

Original review: June 24, 2019

Seriously. I have been, no wait, I had been, with Cricket for 8 years. 3 lines, over 100$ per month auto pay. My phone died. Should be simple yes? Order a new phone? Easy right? I tried to order online. I got the whole billing does not match shipping. I did a chat. Lo and behold they had an old address for me. (I should mention that my bill was auto pay with my new address.) Chat guy says all fixed. Nope, still can't order a phone, says addresses do not match. I try again, new chat guy gives me a link to UPS to update my address? WTF? So, even though I know calling will stress me I do. I verify my shipping address, everything should be okay right? Nope. Still can't order a phone.

Soooo.. I go to a Cricket store. I tell clerk I am upset because I have to go out to buy phone when I have anxiety disorder. He says, "Cricket is not us, we are store." I let it go, was going to buy phone. He (a bit racist is my guess) says he will not sell me phone and if me and my husband don't leave he will call police. Why? No idea, I was going to spend 180$ on a phone when he told us to get out.

I went home. Called Cricket. Was told to buy a phone at Walmart and call them back to transfer to Cricket. I admit at that point I did holler pretty bad and hung up. I then went to a T-Mobile site where I chatted and talked with a rep. (Btw T-Mobile uses in country call centers.) I now have a new phone service with people that are professional and speak fluently any language they claim to. Cricket is pretty much done. Why beg cry or holler for the privilege to spend money with them? Had to years ago to have no contract, now, everybody offers no contract. My advice for anyone new to wireless? Do not use Cricket!!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

Today I called the customer service to see if I need to inform them earlier to cancel the phone at the end of this month. The rep told me very clearly I could still use the phone during the billing cycle. And then he incoherently started speaking to me, and the only thing I heard was the last words, “Your phone may be disconnected.” And then my phone service was canceled right away. I called back to solve the problem, but they insisted that I needed to pay to reactivate my phone. I wanted to stop the service but not today. And during the last phone call they picked up the phone, but they didn’t talk to me. The service is very terrible.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Cricket Wireless has the worst customer service I have ever had in my entire life using cell phones and cell phone services. I had their service in 2017. I have an old phone that I purchased from them and now that I'm at MetroPCS that they will not unlock that phone for me to be able to turn on my phone number at Metro with that phone even though it was two and a half years ago. Even waited for 45 minutes for a supervisor to still get no help with that company. They've never been helpful, never been useful and never been good.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I switched from Verizon to save money. My house is right in the zone where I should have great service. No service without WiFi assisted calls. Can’t talk on my deck or by the pool. Lost calls by the dozen as well as constant weak service. Memorial Day our internet was down all day and I couldn’t make or receive a single call. I work 1/2 mile from home and have no service there either. Dead spots all over the place. I was very disappointed and today I switched back to Verizon. Cheaper service would be good, but not at the loss of service.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My SIM has been disabled. I ordered a new phone yesterday, Wednesday. It will be delivered today, Thursday. I have no means of communication other than my WIFI connect at work and home since last night, Wednesday. I am so angry. I can't get text either. I have received the WORST customer service over this past week trying to upgrade. After 4 to 5 calls, talking to a supervisor who told me the phone was activated the same day I ordered it and it shipped and will be delivered today. So why would it be ACTIVATED!!?! I am now rating the service I have been receiving. I have truly been patient and I am GREATLY disappointed and inconvenienced. The only suggestion was to purchase a temp SIM card and pay for that myself. Sometimes low rates isn't the best idea, you pay for what you get and in this case I got $50 dollars worth of NO customer service. Customer service does still matter.

Cricket Wireless Company Information