Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.55/5

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I bought Cricket in Hixson Tennessee and they claimed I had coverage in my area. Well after buying two phones I can't even make a regular call on my phone. I have to use wifi and now that isn't working either. I will NEVER buy or recommend this cell phone company to anyone. BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

5 months ago my husband and I switched to Cricket..Oh joy. We finally had great reception at home. 3 days later they worked on the towers. When service was restored I could not get or make calls or receive any data at home. Now keep in mind we have exact same phones. He still had coverage for it all but it was a little spotty at times.

I caled service center which was outside of the US. Several calls were made over the next 2 months with no joy of coverage on my phone. Now their terms say unlimited but you cannot tether. Because of the problems I was having my husband tethered for me so I could at least get text messages. 2 nights ago they turned off his service. The plan is in my name so I still have service but only when I am away from my house. The reason for turning his service off...fraud due to tethering. We had just paid our bill 4 days before this happened. They will not turn his service back in unless we buy a new phone. Any way to get your money. Also tried to get them to reimburse a portion of the month but they said no. So beware and be sure to ask questions. You get what you pay for. I will not recommend Cricket to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

The Logan Utah customer service in the store Is horrible. They're pretty much useless and can't help you with anything so you have to call customer service for everything anyway. Please stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I have been with Cricket Wireless for over a year. After paying my bill this month; I noticed I had no phone service. After contacting Cricket Wireless, I was told, "my service was switched to another carrier." And my account was closed. I informed them, "I did not make the switch." Especially since I just paid my bill. It took several hours to get my service back. However, 3 days later, my service was switched again. I was told by Cricket Wireless to wait an additional 3-5 days for them to figure out the problem. I plan to switch my service from Cricket to another carrier. However, I would probably lose my phone number.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Bought a phone from a Cricket in Sioux City, Iowa, pretty good salesperson, however that's as far as it goes. They had no phone cases for my phone, no liquid glass, no screen protectors, zero accessories. I would think if I bought a phone from Cricket I wouldn't have to go to Verizon to get things for it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Cricket is worse than Boost Mobile and I had Boost for 9 years. Cricket only 2 years. They say unlimited but they slow your data down after about a week and I'm 41 years old and only use it for business purposes. The wait time to get a hold of someone is long and their cell tower coverage sucks. I always get a weak signal wherever I'm at. STAY AWAY FROM CRACK IT' CRICKET!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I have a Fortune 2 phone from Cricket. Reception is the worse I ever experience. Noise in the phone so bad, I can't hear myself talking and persons I am talking to tell me my voice is breaking up constantly. They sent me a new phone and after a month, the same problem, only worse. Took it to nearby store, and they don't know anything. Especially when I have a problem with certain features I need to have fix. These people don't even know how to operate the phone. They said, they were never taught that. Only to sell phones in the store. I am now searching for a new provider. I need to make some important calls and can't afford someone telling me "My voice is breaking up." I have had cell phones in the past, but none was this bad. Now, they want to send me another phone. I don't want to go through this again and again lose all my important data. Anybody thinking about buying and using a Cricket Phone, I strongly recommend DON'T!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

One day last week, I went to use my phone, and I couldn’t get a connection. I called customer service for Cricket Wireless and was told my phone number had been switched to AT&T. The change had taken place within an hour of when I called them. I explained to the rep that I had not made any changes to my account. A ticket was generated to look into the situation further. Come to find out, earlier that day, someone was able to add a phone line to my account. The credit card used for this transaction was NOT my credit card. Then, a verification link was sent to that new phone line to change my password. After that, my phone number was switched over to AT&T.

For the next three days, I contacted Cricket customer service 2-3 times a day speaking to numerous reps and supervisors to see if any progress had been made on the investigation. I can’t begin to tell you how much time that sucked out my day to wait on hold hoping to get some answers. In the meantime, someone was clearly using my phone number, so I had to contact everyone I knew, doctor’s offices, etc… Anyone who might call or text on my cell phone and tell them not to use that number.

Finally, after going three days now without a phone, the case was closed only to find out that they did not see any “suspicious activity” on my account. Say what??? You’ve got to be kidding me! I have been a loyal Cricket customer for 3 years the whole time paying $120 a month on auto pay for three phone lines and never making any changes to my account. Then, within a period of a few minutes, a credit card that is not mine is used to add a 4th phone line to my account, gets a verification link to change my password, and switches only 1 phone on the account to AT&T. I have never felt so betrayed by a company, not to mention one that I have faithfully been a customer of for three years. The worst part is that whoever stole my phone number is going to get away with it. Needless to say, I am not a Cricket Wireless anymore. All three of my family’s phone lines are with a different carrier now.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I was Cricket's biggest fan for years! I had a flip phone with unlimited data and messaging for a total of $25 a month. Awesome! No problems! Then I got a smart phone with a 2GB data plan. In over a year I never exceeded the data limit. Not even close! All I ever did was read news articles on the internet. Never streamed movies. Never watched Youtube videos. Even those times when I was away from wifi and using the phone constantly, I never exceeded the limit...until now.

About a year after signing up for the plan, I suddenly used up all my data by the middle of the month. The next month all my data was used up by the fourth of the month. And this month my data was gone by the second of the month. I can still access the internet, but the speeds are very slow and "somehow" the sites I most frequently access don't even connect for hours. The scam is utterly transparent. Cricket is causing my data usage to be falsely exceeded very quickly so that I am forced to upgrade to a more expensive plan. I expect that if I upgraded to anything but the unlimited plan, the same thing would happen in a year.

Their customer service people might as well be robots, for all the help they offer. They simply keep repeating that you have used all your data and suggest that the real culprit is mysterious apps that are downloading all the data...even though I've disabled automatic updates. Cricket is running a very dishonest and illegal scam. I would advice people to stay away.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Worst Customer I have EVER had. Out of the USA and they are customer service TERRORISTS!!!! All the money I paid for INS. over a 2+ year period and my phone still cost me half the original price to replace. They send me a faulty replacement. TWICE! Supposedly upgrade me to a Stylo 3. Phone sucks, pics are blurry. I quit. Spend $300 on a new phone. They send me the wrong charger. (New phone takes USB-3.) Spent another $20 on a charger after an hour and a half on the phone just to be told I would have to send it all back and start over.

And not a single one of these people in over I would guess around 10 hours on the phone between hold and trying to understand them could do anything but apologize over and over not even understanding what they were apologizing for. If you want American money? Speak English! PERIOD! All I wanted was an unlock code for my crap phone I had to spend $75 bucks on so my sis could use it. (She's on At&t.) Own Cricket. Nope. Have to have the phone active and paid for for 6 months before I can get that code. Cricket, ** you, and the Jihad you rode in on.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Service is fine and cheap until something goes wrong. I guess that's how they save money. Their "Customer Care" phone service is not located in the USA so big communication barriers. Beyond that, they have been unable to resolve my issue for nearly 2 weeks now. My number was ported (hacked, stolen, Cricket error, who knows) from my account. This is my personal number I have had for 10+ years and brought to Cricket from another carrier. Regardless they have been unable to fix the problem and are not customer friendly when I try to find out what is going on. I would avoid this carrier if saving a few bucks is what you are after. No way the headaches solving issues are worth it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My bill was one day late, they closed my account. Went to Cricket store to pay bill..in Anniston Al, two kids in there acting like managers, they had no clue why my service was off. Suggested I closed my account or someone used my pin to turn service off. While there over a hour waiting for the girl to type back and forth to customer service..they lost 2 customers who came in to buy a phone because they were reenacting on how they had a iPhone stolen. They couldn't attend to customers needs for being stupid laughing giggling. 2 different people walked out ..they could not accept my payment because they had no idea why my phone was cancelled. I left went home called customer service..they said it was a error and would try to get my service back on in 3-5 business days.

After 4 days if calling with still no phone service. They finally said they turned my service off after being one day late. I would have to pay for activation charge and phone time total of $85. I only had $55 plan.. I was given the runaround, treated like I was a idiot suggesting I may have lost or reported my phone missing is why my service was cancelled??? I was without a phone for 5 days. Nobody would take my money for bill..talked to several different Representatives..who were no help whatsoever! I've been with Cricket over 2 years and got treated horribly for a error on their part. They however did say if I paid the $85 they would credit me $15 activation fee next month.. Really??? I feel I need to be compensated with a free month..they turned it off by mistake. Why should I have to pay a activation fee..worst customer service I've ever encountered..I'm 62 years old. And this was ridiculous. Debhie **

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I have had horrible experience with them from the get go. Been charged for things never received and when my daughter broke her phone I had to buy another one because they said I had to get the application notarized and I was working in another state. Charged higher price for deductible than they quoted. After I asked for new number they were gonna charge me and the number they gave me had 4 people on computer attached to that phone number. Asked to not get insurance. They kept charging me for months for 3 phones. On and on with hours of waiting for the customer service to answer and told that a manager would call me and never did several times. Never again.... Frustrated beyond belief. Lisa **. Port Hueneme California.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I placed a call to ask about adding hotspot and how much it would cost. The agent started getting rude until I got rude as well. I ended the call and when I was going to call my son my phone had no service! This foreign agent canceled my whole phone service out of anger without my obvious consent. I called Cricket and they said you have to pay $77 to reactivate. I told them how do I have to pay if I didn’t obviously request my phone to be canceled so they said I have to wait 3-5 so they can track the call and listen to it. So 5 days pass by and then they said, "Sorry we can’t track the call. It’s somewhere else and we can’t get the records." They insist I have to pay $77 to reactivate!!! Why? How can they allow an agent to act upon his feelings and illegally cancel my service! Never in my life have I heard such a thing! So frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Well Cricket sent me texts of upgrades so finally decided to take them up on it when my husband phone went on the blink due to he didn't want to use their insurance because he wanted to upgrade, so l went on the CRICKET app to make the upgrade! So we chose a smartphone, paid for it and CRICKET reply we should receive it in 24 hours in which after 24 hours l got a email stating that the order was delay due to they couldn't find my product. But then 3 days later l receive a email stating that my order was CANCEL due to Cricket had receive a lot of requests on the smartphone we and Cricket ran out and they weren't ordering anymore of those smartphone. No more, so my order was CANCEL! BUT this not all. l call Cricket CUSTOMER CARE and that was a nightmare!

When l call on 8/30//19 to ask them how they can do something like after pestering me to do upgrade and when l decide to do it they cancel my order due to Cricket running out of the product. So l spoke to David that day and l explain to him all that l was calling for even the part of the reason for the upgrade, how we didn't want to use the their insurance because we wanted a different phone & what he did was just connect me their insurance for my phone to be replaced and not even get my upgrade issue figure out. So then when the insurance answer l explain to Tabitha on the other line, she confirm WHAT l had already had said to the Cricket customer care agent. She was very sorry for the way l was being treated and said all she could do is replace my husband phone but that's all. By this time l had already been on the phone for 30 mins and l didn't have any time to be connected back to CRICKET customer care line.

So l apologize to her and just told her l would call them later and speak to a SUPERVISOR. So l did that later that day, so Sharon answer and l just ask to speak to her SUPERVISOR. All she ask was for my name and went to get her for me. Then Kara the supervisor on duty came on and first thing l said that l was going to apologize due to l was very upset and frustrated already and went to explain all my situation and she listen very quietly, nicely in which she also apologize for a of my inconvenience and that she was going to see that l get the my upgrade l had order on their app and even gave me a order number in case l hadn't receive it in 5 to 7 days. So today is 9/5/19 and l still ain't receive it. l'm gonna give CRICKET till the 9/10/19 before l call my local news to put them on blast and see if that way l get the upgrade l already paid for.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have had to deal with the Salina Kansas store several times and have been very disappointed just about every time. The main reason I stay is because my daughter is in operations for Cricket Wireless. I've been to the store several times when it is supposed to be open yet it was closed. I've had to wait almost 30 minutes for them to unlock the door at 10 in the morning. I went to activate my brother in law's phone tonight before or right at 6:30 (they close at 7) and was told that they stopped porting at 6:30.

I'm sorry but if a customer comes in before closing then they should be allowed to have their business taken care of, instead I have to wait until tomorrow.... If my daughter didn't work for Cricket I would take my three lines somewhere else where I was wanted as a customer. Cricket Wireless....YOU NEED TO FIX THIS VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE period or you will lose my business. I am so over being treated poorly by this company.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My father (who is disabled) hadn’t paid his phone bill in a while. I paid it for him only to find out that his account had been closed and his sim disconnected. I looked at my bank account and they took the money out, When I called the bank they said it had to be done from Crickets end. I called cricket and they REFUSED to give my money back because the account was deactivated and there was no proof of me trying to pay despite my bank stating the money was taken. Cricket told me to “Have my bank called them and they’ll handle it.” Needless to say they stole $25 from me and my disabled father does not have a phone in the case of an emergency. Save yourself the trouble go to Virgin Mobile.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I have been with most of the wireless companies and Cricket by far is the absolute worst! They have no concern whatsoever to work with their customers at solving issues. They have a "take it or leave it attitude" and could care less about losing a customer. The call center representative are foreign and very rude! The service is awful. The prices are higher than Boost or Metro with much less coverage. I would not recommend Cricket to my worst enemy!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Thank you, I am letting you all about the non-ethical practice that in my experience and with the free speech given to me, in my opinion the Cricket company has SET to payment managing procedures and how they in my opinion abuse of clients' money, creating a software payment machine robot that doesn’t inform very clear what we are paying, and the fees, and they end up tricking and penalizing people with fees that they MAKE UP and create with the indifference and not responding customer billing concerns phone calls, until the people fall into their trap. AND THE SERVICE END INTERRUPTED.

My case was that I was in London and I paid online 48 dollars, 40 of my monthly and regular pay and 7 for the security insurance, and I paid on my due date time 48 DOLLARS but the software site that they create does not alert people, very clearly that they are missing to pay the money for cover the transaction even if they alert, if any payment for our own effort by paying my self through the web. They charge 3 dollars for that, and when I finished with my wife the payment, it never show an alert window pop up or any another alert or notification that they can create to aware the customer that they are missing to pay a couple of dollars to cover all.

They don't show and add the fee in the total payment that the client should see on the final pay site window; so, they take advantage of this lack of "pay" in order that the automatic software process it like no payment so they create recorded audio that makes the people to get enroll in a bridge pay, if they want to reestablish connection, on the next call that the customer wants to do so we as a clients we don't have more option to say yes because the cellphone is a basic fundamental service in the daily living, especially in the airport where there is not always is a good wifi.

This record put you in a split pay, that charge automatically a fee, that is a unfair fee, based on the lack and non ethical way to inform to the customer that some dollars are missing, so when the client like me, tries to figure out why the company is asking for an elevated penalty for not covering a payment missing of only two dollars, we found a recorded machine that doesn't allow any human response or customer service and because my wife and I do not find it fair after trying many times to contact them with no chance to get a respectful response for the explanation of the payment, we end up discovering that they interrupted our service for non payment of 7 dollar payment not 2, and end up charging and requesting 17 dollars at the end of today.

The account is in 22 dollars. It means an interest of 1000%, it is legal in USA? It is a very high interest and I am not sure if it is legal and a part of the ethic fees and charges, that the laws in Florida allow inmy opinion. This is a clear trick of the company to gain more money from regular people that do not have the chance, the time or the opportunity to denounce it. Please investigate these practices and the constant increase of the terrible lack of personal customer service that every single client for respect should have. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

The phone service is fine. But when you run out of minutes it’s a big hassle. They closed my account so I couldn’t get online. Went and bought refill card but wouldn’t let me add money. Customer service was terrible. They kept hanging up. When I actually got someone who understood English she said I owed 18 more dollars in fees. Which of course wasn’t on card. This was after just a few days. I’m going back to Verizon. It was so much easier.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I bought 2 iPhone 7 for my kids. The first phone never started, Apple told me that the phone was refurbished although I bought it as new. I returned it and I refused the second one. The first phone was reimbursed 3 weeks after the purchase; the second one it was never refunded. Customer care did not help, I was hours on hold, never documented my calls so I had to start from scratch every call. I was on hold for supervisors for 45 minutes and never got to talk to them... Service is ok, but do not buy phones online and hope that never have to deal with customer care. I wrote a review in their website stating the facts and it was censored... And I never got my $300 back.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Nearly two years on Cricket Wireless with marginal coverage - one maybe two bars. Recently the throttling at rush hours morning/noon/evening brings speeds to just at 3mbps. And even getting one bar signal strength is difficult. Yesterday and today I receive voicemails but my phone never rings. And it took EIGHT tries to retrieve voicemails...could not connect, no network connection - really poor service. Something has happened to Cricket... I bought a Verizon phone and enrolled in their double minutes prepaid plan. Sorry I don't abuse the unlimited Cricket plan and can say I've not really received what I've paid for.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

On July 31 2019, someone walked in a store and gave my phone number, got a new phone and then had access to my information. They either knew my pin or the person in the store overrode the pin and this person got my personal information. Since this has happened I have had to place an identity theft on my file. A big pain in the. When I inquired about what store and location this was done no one, I mean no one at customer service could help me. When asked who could help me (CFO) I was told they don't have a phone number for anyone at the Corporate Office. I find this hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe that they cannot see this information. Store ID or location where this was done? Very very disappointed. When asked how the investigation was going they couldn't see that either. So almost a month later I still don't have this information. I was told I could write to the Corporate office. Really? Not very happy with Cricket...

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Cricket shut off my phone for non payment even though I had set up auto pay. They then proceeded to charge me a $5.00 reconnection fee. I asked them to send me the timeline through email about their alleged attempts to collect from my credit card company. They refused to. They said a text was sent to my phone on their attempts to collect twice during the two days prior and that they would be shutting down my connection. No such texts were received by me. I did receive a shutdown text though that said they were removing my auto pay. I checked with my credit card company and they never declined a payment to Cricket wireless. This seems to be an attempt by Cricket Wireless to milk a few extra dollars from their customers. A second attempt to get my money back with documentation resulted in a removal of the $5 charge. I will be switching companies because it took over an hour of my time to get this done.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Cricket wireless cell service sucks to high heavens. If you were planning to try this phone do yourself a favor and do not. Customer is pitiful and do not even try the stores. They are worthless crudy crudy service.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have had my phone and plan with Cricket for over 3 years. It has been fine and I have saved money. That was my reason for changing. I purchase my phones outright from Best Buy. I am not changing to a local provider and my phone is locked. I have called many times and all I get a complete runaround. The refuse to give me Corp contacts. This is their way of holding my iPhone X and me hostage to extort additional money from me. I have called everyone I can think of. I am now registering complaints with the FTC, FCC and contacting the attorney Generals office over their business practices. They had no right to lock my phone and still don’t. I own these devices and I want to move them. They will lie, hang up on you, not help you and do whatever to hold you hostage!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Cricket Wireless billing policy: For those on Automatic Payment Plan, we will withdraw the money from your account two days prior to the agreed upon date for payment, which is for all purposes a breach of the deal. e.g. My payment was agreed upon when I signed up to be on the 21st of each month. Cricket policy is to withdraw that payment of the 19th. So I had the payment taken from me today, 8/19, instead of the day it was supposed to be withdrawn, the 21st. Cricket will also do nothing to assist you in recovering a payment from the bank. The Cricket support reps are all great, but with a policy that is perhaps illegal, and is certainly dishonest, the rep's hands are tied. Really shady to do this, charge people on dates that they are not supposed to be charged.

Add to this that I all of a sudden am charged an additional $10 a month. What for you ask? Nothing. I did absolutely nothing to my account, nothing has changed. The reason given to me: (and this is just lowdown, despicable, unjustified by any stretch of the imagination) I was give a $10 off 'discount' for a period of time, because I brought over my phone number from another carrier. Let me repeat that. I was given a $10 DISCOUNT for a period of time. Now, that period is over, and I am being charged more money for the exact same service, plan, phone...And the reason is that a year ago, they had to allow me to use an existing phone number. Now, this number has been established at Cricket for a year, and the reward for that, for being a loyal customer, for having auto pay, is to raise my rates. Not illegal, but really **, and it cannot be justified...

I am leaving Cricket Wireless today because of these items. By the way everyone, you can get the same service, keep your phone and phone number (no extra charge to do so), and not have to worry about questionable business practices by gong to uhh, just about any other carrier. I am going to **. I will be paying $28.50 FOR THE EXACT SAME THING, with my same phone, my same number, and I won't have to worry about unknown charges on non agreed upon days.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I never had a smartphone before starting with Cricket 2 years ago. I thought it all went well when we got signed up, but that was not accurate. I got an entry level phone that had problems from the start but it was cheap so I dealt with it. About 9 months later my husband goes in to get a plan for my daughter. Coverage was awesome, prices were good, discount for autopay... only one per account. My daughter is on a second account, and her entry phone also had issues. My husband didn't get info for the referral so tried calling that night and got hung up on and rudely spoken to. Infuriated, he isn't going to deal with it but put off a little bit.

Months later I call about getting it done and the experience. He sounded helpful and we should see money off in the next couple cycles. Never did see that. So months later I call again. There was no history that anyone called and without a supposed referral code that we don't remember getting, they can't do anything about it so we wasted hours for nothing and was upset for too long. Also, apparently you can purchase and activate a phone for free online. Wish someone would have told me because we paid a hefty activation fee at the store. I had such high hopes for this company. I went in hearing that customer service was bad but figured I wouldn't really need it but I did and sure enough they came through with what the other reviewers complained about.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I switched from Verizon to Cricket in order to save money. Three days in and my service was terrible. Calls were dropped, and when I called customer service, I got nothing but the runaround. Overall, this was a horrible experience from the start. First, UPS lost my SIM card and Cricket customer service gave me three different answers in getting a new one or reimbursed for having to drive to the store to get another one. So, I basically lost $50 between the lost SIM card, buying another one, and a full 30 days of service that was spotty at best. I went to Verizon to switch back only to discover that Cricket had locked my phone. It took me two and a half hours to resolve the issue. Horrible company! Verizon is worth every penny.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Had Cricket for over a year, loved how inexpensive the family plan was. Had a horrible experience with having personal accounts hacked, then my cell phone. Someone called the company stated they were me, had my number transferred to another phone, which intercepted any bank notification I would've received on my phone. I woke up with no cellular service and my bank account hacked. I called the company from another line and they ARGUED with me, said I called and requested my number to be changed to another phone. They have no fraud department, just complaints. I tried to get a supervisor or someone with authority, and couldn't get any assistance.

Essentially, you get what you pay for, they leaked personal information and refused to help. Be aware, these companies afford the great plans that beat out others, they cut back in areas that are most important. THEY HAVE NO FRAUD DEPARTMENT! For personal security I cancelled my family plan and purchased VPN, then had to pursue identity theft measures with my bank and credit bureaus. I loved Cricket until this happened. Do not use them.

Cricket Wireless Company Information