C Spire Wireless

formerly Cellular South

3.9/5 (207 ratings)

About C Spire Wireless

C Spire Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about C Spire Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular South?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I have been with C Spire since 2006 when they were Cellular South. When currently setting up travel out of the US, their fees are overly excessive. $0.50 a min for calls and $0.10 a text, with no option like AT&T for a flat rate plan per day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

For a year, my husband, myself and others in our area have had horrible cell service. Keep in mind, after Hurricane Katrina, CSpire was the only service up and running for several days so they were good at one time. I have been calling, having trouble tickets opened with no resolve. I finally got someone at CSpire willing to talk to me today and they said the towers in our area are NOT LTE so most phones will not work well in our area. I asked when they would be updated and I got the standard “CSpire is always working on updating and improving the towers in MS”.

I am sure we are like the rest of you and pay a lot of money for phones that do not work. CSpire’s work around is use WiFi calling when you are at home to which I asked why do I have to pay for 2 services to maybe get my phone to work? Apparently, CSpire has other high priority areas other than South Mississippi. I would not recommend this company to anyone. To expect people to pay for service they do not receive should be illegal! I am beyond upset with the lack of response or correction from CSpire.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2021

On my fifth trip to the Madison store in an attempt to get my new phone/service to work I asked to see the Manager, Lauren. She refused to see me but sent her assistant to talk with me. After an hour of working on my problems the assistant manager fixed them. I told him I would be letting Corporate know she refused to see me. He told Lauren this and then she had the nerve to come out and ask if I wanted to see her. Can’t say about other stores but stay away from Madison.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I paid my bill the day it was due. The machine I paid it on said $59 dollars. That's what I paid. They turned my phone off the next day. Then going to tell me I needed 99 more cents. But the minimum I could pay was $15. I think that's **. I will never recommend them to nobody.

Original review: March 24, 2021

When I signed up, I was promised a $100 rebate. I never got it. I called repeatedly to the number C Spire gave me to contact because the website had no information on it and was useless. The automated message on the call said "due to CoVid, we cannot take your call", and it hung up. This happened over and over for months on end. I finally contacted customer service about it, and they gave me an email address to send my complaint to. After many weeks, they finally replied, saying that because it had been over 12 months, they could no long honor the rebate.

If a company will not honor their commitment to their clients, then I will not do business with them. Plus, the service was horrible. If I wasn't on Wi-Fi, it was impossible to pull up any websites on my phone. So, I transferred my cell service to another carrier, and afterwards called C Spire to cancel my account. My automatic bank withdrawal had just gone through the day before. I was told there was no refund available for my canceled service. I wanted C Spire to be a good company to do business with since they are based out of my home state, but I did not have a good experience with them at all.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I had been with C Spire since 2008 when I started experiencing problems in mid January 2021. People on the other end of my calls from my home kept telling me my phone was cutting out and they couldn't hear half of what I was saying. I was told by customer service that that day they had sent an update adding voice over LTE. I turned off my wifi and discovered data speeds of about 2mbs. For about a month following that date I was assured they were working on it. During that time they billed me twice for service that could be best described as undependable. At the end I was informed that they could not correct the problem and was given a credit of 50 of the 145 dollars I was charged while the problem was going on. I switched service to Verizon and the difference is astounding. My average data speed is 50 mbs.

Today I received a final bill from c spire that showed an amount owed to pay off the phone (which I paid) and then an amount that showed a partial month charge. When I called their customer service the first person told me it was a charge for porting out my phone (canceling service and taking my phone with me). When I said I would not pay that, I was put through to a manager who told me it was an additional payment I owed on the phone not a charge for porting out. The charge is less than 20 dollars but after being strung along and billed for a month and a half I think it takes a lot of gall to apply this charge. I have read other reviews of long term c spire customers who have related the same story, when a problem arises with the service c spire keeps billing while they "work to fix the problem " and in the end when they can't still expect payment for the period when their service was substandard.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Pascagoula MS office is where I went to get service. The girl helping me put the C Spire sim card in and said she wasn't able to port my number over. From there a 5 day nightmare and I left them forever.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I had the pay to go plan with C Spire and I switched to another carrier on May 5th. On April 30th C spire sent me a text to make a payment or my service would be turned off, I sent them the minimum of 15.00. Then on the morning of May 2nd, they requested additional payment, so I sent them another 15.00. Then, on the morning of May 3rd, they sent me a text suspending my phone service with the exception of text messaging. I unlocked my phone per new carrier on 5/5/20, and requested a partial refund from C spire, and they refused to give me any of the 30.00 back. So, I was charged 15.00 per day for phone service.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi where C Spire (formerly Cellular South) is based. On I-10 in Gulfport, calls are frequently dropped. Service is almost always at 1x. I keep up with the newest phones, currently using iPhone X. Their service cost more than the competitors and service is spotty at best. Do not sign a contract with this horrible company.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Very poor wireless service. It is slow and unreliable on the Gulf Coast of MS. Recently traveled to Orlando and Port Canaveral to get 1x or no service at all on the Interstate en route and in the cities (not in rural portions). Not sure what "customer inspired" the poor service. Will not continue service after contract is complete, and may even buy the contract out at some point.

C Spire Wireless (formerly Cellular South) Company Information