Fusion Connect

Fusion Connect (formerly Birch)

1.0/5 (149 ratings)

About Fusion Connect (formerly Birch)

Fusion Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?

Original review: June 23, 2015

We have problems with the service going down almost daily now. Sometimes it comes up in 30 minutes, or it may be out for a few hours. After calling and submitting multiple trouble tickets, it is clear that they have no idea what is causing the problem or how to fix it. The customer service representatives are nice, but lack any technical skills. As a health care organization, when our Internet Service is down, we cannot access Electronic Medical Records and our phones, which use VoIP are also out of service. I am currently looking for another Internet Service Provider. Birch is the worst that I have ever experienced!

Original review: June 23, 2015

I was a customer with Birch for over 5 years. In March of this year our phone service suddenly went out. The phone would ring on the customer's end but would not ring into our office and we had no dial tone. We went for two months back and forth and they were unable to fix this. They did forward our three lines to a cell phone during this time which meant we had to run our business with only one phone and no fax machine. AT&T whom they purchase the service from came many times and tried to be as helpful as possible. The service tech from Birch never showed for the scheduled meeting with myself and AT&T to try and resolve the issue. AT&T informed us that Birch had done an upgrade in their phone system which caused many outage issues. Birch had horrendous customer service and other than continuously issuing "service tickets" did nothing to resolve the issue.

Finally the first of May I gave up on them and switched to another company. They are now billing me for almost $700 for the months that I did not have service after giving a service downtime credit of $130. They are refusing to even acknowledge that they could not fix the service. I have now switched to AT&T and the phones began working again the day they switched me over. On top of this I am now saving $150 a month over what I was paying for Birch.

Original review: June 6, 2015

Birch Communications is the worst telecommunications company in the world, even tops Verizon for the absolutely outrageous fees and dishonest dealing. They don't bother to tell you that it takes them (no other telecommunications company takes as long) between 30-45 days to port over a telephone number. And if you don't happen to have a cell phone you are just out of luck. They don't tell you that when you become customers of theirs that you are locked into a year long contact with their lousy company. They charge you $400.00 if you don't keep their phone service for a year, even sending your name to a collection agency before they tell you about the charge, even though they are the ones that don't tell you that you have to keep it for a year to not be charged that fee.

Also they are not helpful even when you are new customer calling to find out when your number is going to be ported over, they tell you to call your old company and find out. They would not bother themselves to call for you, showing their contempt for you their new customer. That should of been a warning to me, but didn't realize till too late and became stuck with them. Stay far away from this company unless you like to throw away your money.

Original review: May 22, 2015

"Birch Communications" got my bank account number from Globolix, and without my consent started extracting money out of my account..... MONTHLY!!! (I had never heard of "Birch C...") I therefore had my account number changed, and since then they have been sending me letters about some "contract" I supposedly signed with them AND $150.00 FEE I NEED TO PAY!!! ALONG WITH THE FEE I HAD MY BANK PUT BACK. Now how could I have signed a contract, if I have never heard or received any paper statements from you. BIRCH COMMUNTHIEFS ARE LIARS, THIEFS, CHEATING BASTARDS AND THEY MUST BE STOPPED AND REPORTED ON THE NEWS.

Original review: May 12, 2015

The worst most unreliable phone service ever. I have a T1 that is so unreliable I have been paying for Verizon FIOS for over a year just to have internet. My telephones come through my T1 and I was guaranteed that T1's never go down. Well my phone calls drop constantly, the numbers busy out every time someone tries to call. I have a news system in my office and paying for two systems and two internet service providers so I can run my business. I simply cannot use the Birch communications lines or my business would cease to exists. I have contacted they do nothing and insist they will not let me out of my contract. They are in breach of contract and are complete crooks.

Original review: May 11, 2015

Like other reviews I've read here, there's definitely a common denominator here regarding communication: reaching a rep successfully, receiving accurate information and follow-through, for openers. I sent numerous letters stating we want to terminate our account, then spoke to customer service rep who said they have no record of this! "Please make sure to enter this info..." I asked. "Yes..." we will. Guess what happened the next time I called...? Also they're still trying to bill me after a year, for a service call that was canceled well in advance. I wrote about 5 letters regarding this WITH NO RESPONSE. The only improvement I see from CBeyond to Birch is the wait to speak with someone is now a few minutes instead of 30 minutes. The apathy for the customer has not changed.

Original review: May 4, 2015

As my contract with Cbeyond (purchased by BIRCH) was coming to an end, I began calling customer service to inquire about how to send proper notice that I would be switching providers. There was no information on their website and the live people I spoke with were not much more help. After finally getting a mailing and email address, I both mailed and emailed to those contacts with significantly more than the 30 day notice required. Today I received a letter from a collection agency demanding $305.11. Birch made it VERY difficult to find any information about ending service and never sent me any communication about the supposed debt I owe before this collection letter. Besides that, their service was extremely overpriced.

Original review: April 29, 2015

Birch charged for a service call because they sent 2 techs out, the 1st resolved the issue but they sent a 2nd out anyway! They would NOT remove the service call fee although I was a long time customer! Everyone that I spoke to was NOT accommodating & nonchalant! Worst customer service EVER!

Original review: April 20, 2015

When I signed up with Cbeyond I was told that I was getting T1 lines with high reliability and they would monitor them 24 hours a day. They also said that should the lines fail for more than 24 hours the 3 year contract I signed was void. This they said was evidence that they would provide service. In April the service was out 23 hours one week, 4 hours another week and intermittently out, 5 minutes or so many times during the day for about 15 days. I was told today that they ceased monitoring the lines after the buy out by Birch. I download large files and communicate with my customers hourly. Birch Telecom has no creditability with me. Because it is a three year contract with two remaining I am in purgatory, my security system is tied into this Birch system.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

Our Internet and telephone service went down on Wednesday evening. Our small distribution business relies heavily on the phone and all our fax orders to come in. Worst part was trying to get someone to help us find customer support. I personally had to call in minimum of six times, each time being told that a ticket has been put into service our system, but when calling back later after not hearing back we would be told that no tickets had been filed. I have all these conversations recorded so it is very easy to hear the constant lies being told. I got a call back ONCE from a supervisor after I told the rep that I was recording the conversations and that they were flat-out lying to us but she just said I would get a call in a 4-hour window from a tech dispatcher WHICH NEVER CAME. Not once did someone call back to give an update. Meanwhile our small business is completely shut down for 3 business days.

Were told by Birch/CBeyond staff that the problem was with AT&T's backup system that we have installed at our office for emergencies - we had AT&T in to check the lines on THREE separate occasions and they insisted that the problem was with the equipment left by Birch. Told this to the customer support reps yet it took 5 DAYS to get a tech out to us to fix the problem.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

I supposed my long list of issues should be directed at Cbeyond, but since they were bought by Birch and they have done nothing to correct it, they will take the hits. Our billing has been messed up for years. They have billed small storefronts as "data centers". Efaxes (fax to email) do not work. VOIP phone service via edgewater device is a disaster (three stores.... no phones). Customer service is non-existent, despite being an "enterprise" account. Wait list for cell phone is 4 months. VOIP reporting does not work as was sold to us. POTS fax lines do not work. I could go on and on. I wish they were out of business.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

Birch/C-Beyond has the worst customer service. Even worse than Network Solutions. I've been with my company now for over a year. Nothing has improved during that whole time interacting with them. The confusing and disorganized phone system does not direct you to the correct department to handle your issue. You must find a loophole in the system to reach an actual person. When you do finally reach someone after waiting for 30 minutes, you can receive no help unless you are an administrator. This is after following their instructions for setting myself up as one. Long story short, I spent four days calling this company wasting time and still not achieving a relatively simple goal.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

You can get DSL 6 Mb/s down and 0.65 mb upload 4 business line cell phone $290.00 compare beyond $750 1.45 mb download and 1.2 mb upload and corporate mail from AT&T.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

Our internet is very slow since yesterday. First of all, it is very difficult to get hold of someone in customer support. If you are lucky and you get connected somehow, then they put you on hold again forever. Since yesterday I have been trying to connect the customer support to get hold of someone. Please do not buy or contract with them for you internet service.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2014

I HAVE HAD A COMPLETE OUTAGE SINCE THURSDAY! NO ONE WILL CALL BACK, YOU HAVE PUT 12 PEOPLE OUT OF WORK AND APPARENTLY DON'T CARE. I was told several times that I would be called back by Andre the tech and nothing. Andre should not be in customer service, he is customer hostile. We spend $ 75,000 a year with Cbeyond and you can't fix a complete outage in 4 days? Cbeyond switched us to MPLS so now we have no fail-over, just failure.

Warnings:
A). Do not use Cbeyond, their coverage is M-F 8-5 at best. They will NOT call you back, and don't know how to get things fixed.
B). Cbeyond relies on the local LEC and they have no pull with them (AT&T in Chicago).

C). Do not go MPLS unless you have a fail-over system.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

Since signing on with Cbeyond in January 2014, we have been experiencing hundreds of dropped calls - customer can hear us but we can't hear customer, then call drops. Employees have to end up using their personal cell phones to transact business. To add insult to injury, so far they have charged me $1400 in service calls trying to resolve the problem. Worst customer service and product service I've ever experienced.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

I wish there was a rating for less than any star as this company does not deserve even one star. We sold one of our locations and contacted Cbeyond customer service on July 6th to get everything transferred over to the new owners. Their representative contacted us on July 7th letting us know what we needed to do in order to make this happen. On July 8th we complied with their requests and emailed the information back to their representative and faxed the request to the number they specified THREE times as well on July 8th. On July 31st they still had not completed the request, so we again, 2 more times, faxed in the requested information. Today is August 5th and they still HAVE not completed the request.

I was told by their customer service agent that she did not see a signature on the information that we sent over. I quickly corrected her and suddenly she saw a signature. THEN she told me that our request, the same request she didn't see a signature on, did not list the new ownership information. I AGAIN corrected her and all of a sudden she then saw ALL of the requested information. So NOW she tells me it will again take 3 - 5 MORE business days to complete this request. Absolutely absurd. I am completely floored at the pitiful customer service these folks provide. I have expressed my concerns to the new ownership and I have told them that they need to seek out new service as quickly as possible as Cbeyond is not what any company needs as their service provider. I had to select one star or my review wouldn't submit, but they don't deserve it at all.

Original review: July 23, 2014

Due to a software update on April 1, 2014, I am unable to get the call forwarding service that is advertised and that I contracted to receive. It is costing me thousands of dollars each day my phones are not being transferred to another phone number. July 14, 2014, I put in a service request as my entire call working call forward schedule was deleted. At this time, it has not been serviced and the techs say they don't know when it will be done.

Original review: July 13, 2014

Been with Cbeyond for about a month. My iphone died. Went to Apple and got another phone and tried to activate it. It's been 5 days now without a cell phone. They have no clue when I call. There is an issue with my Sim card and they have no clue. Was told they have to go through another department and it may be another 2 or 3 days before someone gets back to me. Terrible coverage too. Tech support is a joke. Don't use this company!

Original review: June 10, 2014

To start with our company had great service: Comcast for Internet and AT&T for mobile. Three guys walked in the door and started talking of how they were going to make our communications better. They said they were going to make our service on the Internet faster than what we had. They reduced it to a T1 line with 1.5mbps. We had about eight. Then we were going to have presidential cell phone service. I asked for the name of the cell provider. They would not answer. The only time they will call me back is when they want me to pay the bill. I cut them off. Told him to kiss my ** and now they want $10,000 for early termination. I told them contract by fraud is a felony. I smell a class action suit. I want to see somebody locked behind bars. Don't ask me how many stars they deserve. On the ** count I would give them a five out of five.

Original review: June 5, 2014

I worked for these people and they are cons! Does a cleaners really need a T1?? They are sales driven and try to pocket off the contractor that does the work! They don't care about you once you sign that contract. At that point your short term $$$ after that you get sent to voice mail no matter what the reason of your call. Then they try to cut out the companies that do contract work for them by providing PHONE SYSTEMS... You're taking your contractor's business, oh and if anything goes wrong just blame the contractor even if the equipment Cbeyond issued was defective... Why lie to the customer and make it seem like it's my fault... Really? You pay AT&T for the T1 and rip off the consumer, they are just a "middleman". Hmmm, that's weird. Cbeyond does not own any cell towers... How do you provided cell phone service? "Middle man." You're paying a company to use their cell towers... I know. You opened public at 12.00, you're below 10.00. What happened Cbeyond?

Original review: May 30, 2014

Our office is moving next month. Cbeyond was called to set up this process. A ticket was opened on 5/19/2014 (per their instructions) and was told it would be 72 hours before someone will call to set up an appointment. A email was received on 5/22/2014 reaching out for us to contact Cbeyond to schedule a appointment. From 5/22/2014 to 5/29/2014, 4 voice messages were left and NOT a single person called our office! Also note that the email that was sent bounced back. Today it took from 8am to 10:30am to get a hold of someone to answer on how to process our move. This process should be so painful. Needless to say because of the god awful service, we will not be renewing the contract!!!

Original review: May 20, 2014

Called Cbeyond tech support to report and resolve a problem. Called on 5 occasions over a 3 day period. Waited on the phone for a total of 8 hours without success. Called customer service and got someone. They waited on line for tech support for an hour before they gave up. Call my rep. and got voice mail. I left a message which was not returned. Called sales and got someone right away. The sales rep., he had worked for the company a short time and that he was not surprised by my story; he'd heard it before. I've never received service this poor before!

Original review: May 15, 2014

I'm on a customer's site right now. I've been here for 2 hours waiting for a cbeyond tech to answer the phone. I'm calling from 5 phones since the first two time I got a tech I was summarily disconnected. Why do we support this HORRIBLE company?! They charge outrageous fees for a service that doesn't even compare to my home internet. WTH! I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, not even my worst enemy. But on the bright side, I'm getting paid to sit here listening to hold music and ranting. Of course that only goes so far every time I hear that recording start over I want to throw my phone across the room.

Original review: May 9, 2014

****TERRIBLE SUPPORT***NO ONE ANSWERS THE SUPPORT LINE**** We needed some technical support work. So far I called twice with no results. On 5/2/14, I was on the hold queue for 15 minutes, phone rang and hung up. I didn't want to wait another 15 min. I called again today 5/9/14, still on hold with support queue for 36 minutes so far as I'm typing this. Imagine this was an emergency outage or related. You will never get through. We are going to switch them to a different vendor because of this. This is ridiculous.

Original review: May 7, 2014

This company has no customer service skills. I have wasted HOURS on the phone. I get transferred from one department to the other and back again, day after day. They tell me one thing one day and another the next. I have been trying to get a number transfer from Cbeyond to another company for 7 weeks (it should take 10-15 business days). I only gave them a star because you have to give at least one.

Original review: May 6, 2014

They never pickup the phone. No customer service at all. I wish I could give no star. I want to change the service and trying to call them so they can release the Phone no. but no one pick up the phone.

Original review: May 2, 2014

Service is limited to main roadways only. Revenue for work is dependent on mobile phone. Countless dropped calls and bad reception. Replacement phones are as bad as the phones they are supposed to be fixing the problems. I would never recommend these company for any kind of customer satisfaction.

Original review: April 4, 2014

I signed a 3 year contract with Cbeyond via Cynergy and Tie National as part of a franchise deal to provide internet and phone service. Over 6 months we figured out the phones were not working well and began to open service calls. They asked us to keep a log of all dropped calls, interrupted calls, anything odd, which we did for over a month. They never could find anything wrong, always said their equipment tests said everything was fine. They began to tell us this was normal, that people use cell phones, etc and to call At&T. Then caller ID stopped working. 2 different techs were sent, all equipment was swapped out and tested. The outsourced technician was not informed prior to arriving (both times) what the issue was and was just a warm body on the phone to their tech. Issues were escalated to Cynergy and Tie National. They were able to get caller ID working again but the phones continued to be terrible.

It became apparent over the next 4 months that their tech support were low level techs with very limited tools to troubleshoot and SOP was to blame other vendors they connected to--No one looked for why the phones didn't work, only that their limited testing of service they re-sell should have worked. Meanwhile, my business, which relies on being able to communicate with customers, was losing business (untold amounts), losing productivity due to useless call logging that could never "catch" the issue in time for the techs to diagnose anything (stupid, but this is why i rely on hiring professionals) and credibility with customers.

I escalated, escalated, waited on phones countless hours, and they agreed to let us out of the contract on Jan 18 2014. That's the good part. However, getting them to stop billing, to send a refund for the equipment I sent back and credit the account for the bills they continue to send. Well, it's April 2014 and I'm still waiting/calling/sending emails until we are completely untethered. It's been a huge time-waster. But, I'm persistent and don't like dealing with companies that over-promise and under deliver. This terrible experience has gone way beyond what any business should have to put up with from a vendor. The internet is a great equalizer and spreader of information. I sincerely hope they get their service under control.

Original review: April 4, 2014

We had a 3 year contract with Cbeyond, which they auto-renewed without any kind of notice for 1 year. Now they want 50% of the total contract as an early termination fee in order for us to get out of the contract. When you call, you speak to people in the Philippines who have no ability to help you resolve anything. They can only spout company rules, which are all designed in Cbeyonds favor. I guess they just changed hands. Perhaps the new owners will actually have customer service...

Fusion Connect Company Information