Fusion Connect

Fusion Connect (formerly Birch)

1.0/5 (148 ratings)

About Fusion Connect (formerly Birch)

Fusion Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?

Original review: April 22, 2016

We are a small business that started a road to improving our communications system with the purpose of improving our customer service. Due to this decided after being customers of Birch Telecommunications for several years to give VoIP a try. Birch service has been a complete nightmare. We requested porting our numbers to Vonage. The whole process for this task was literally stressful, and once it was done, Birch decided to leave our fax line behind. As per Birch request we needed to close the account once the phone numbers were ported, which we did, without being aware that our fax line was left behind. Well Birch only solution was to open a new account that cost us money in order to be able to port our fax line to Vonage, which we were not given any other option even though the employee that handle the porting made the mistake of leaving our fax line behind.

Birch was completely reluctant to port our fax line without us paying for a new account. When Birch installed our fax line, the installation was made on a building that we had moved from two years ago. Birch was aware of our new address as phone bills were sent to our new location. Birch charged us for the wrong installation and charged us a fee to move the fax line from the old location to the new location. We had to call them and talk to a supervisor then make Birch understand that this issue was their mistake, again. Once Birch finally installed the fax line in our location, we were instructed to request Vonage the porting of the fax line, and just after that we were instructed to send an email requesting Birch to close the account, which it was done word by word.

Our surprise was to receive first an email by Birch stating that we were going to be charged $200 for an early termination fee, and a few days later receiving a telephone bill for the amount of $337.00. We were credited the fee amount for the wrong installation, but it has been an amazing negative experience talking with supervisors about the wrong doing of this company. The feeling is that Birch only interest is to punish customers who have been loyal to them for years once they decide to move to another carrier. Feeling that all this money was a giving gift to Birch and having no way out, we called Birch to request a payment arrangement.

A week later to our surprise we received a phone bill of $337 with a late fee charge. We called Birch and reminded them that we had made a payment arrangement and questioning why would we be charged a late fee and their answer was "as long as the account is past due you will have a late fee". We have never heard this from companies when you have compromised for a payment arrangement. The whole issue has been a complete rip off from Birch Telecommunications and Birch have not even consider the mistakes their employees made. This is an inefficient company and Birch Customer Service is the worst we have ever seen.

Original review: April 16, 2016

First of all, I was surprised that charges from Birch Communications appeared in my card and when I did my research it turns out that the Globalinx service was transferred to them. I tried and been trying to cut the service, but it is just too hard for that to happen - so I let it be (which turned out to be the biggest mistake). Since the transfer of service on 3/31, they have been charging me $36.43 until 1/2016 and $39.08 per month since 2/2016 until yesterday, 4/14/2016. As I have mentioned before, I have been trying to cut the service, but again because of how hard it is and of work, I was not able to until recently.

They replied to my email asking for my account number and access code. I was able to give them that information on 4/13/16 and asked them to cut the service and close my account. I was shocked when they stated that my account was submitted to the National Account Services and was inactive since then. So I asked them when did this happen and I just got a reply today, 4/15/16, that it was submitted last 9/1/2015.

So I am not sure why they started charging me when they have not asked for my authorization or inform me that the Globalinx service was transferred to them and even ask me if I still want to continue with the said service. Also, if my account was inactive since 9/2015, why is it that they have been charging me since then in which when added is almost $300. I am still waiting for their reply on how to actually permanently close this and stop those monthly charges to services that is not being used. I also tried calling National Account Services but it always go to their voicemail box. I hope that this will be resolved before it reaches another month and charge me again.

Original review: March 31, 2016

My company has been with Birch for 10 years. We had to leave them due to 1) going up on rates and 2) they partnered with AT&T and they could not get us faster service in our area. So, I called Birch to ask them how do I terminate service with them. They told me to write 30-day notice to terminate. So, I did that in Oct. 2015. Every month after that I continued to receive a bill and every month I called to inquire about why am I continuing to get a bill. This went on every month and each time I spoke with someone I was always told "Disregard. We will be sending you a FINAL Bill and probably we will owe you." So, in March 2016 I received a final bill. It was 400.00 for equipment.

Now, I've been with Birch for 10 years, why would they want this old equipment? I was never told I had to sent the equipment back until I got this FINAL BILL. I spoke with the same rep twice in between OCT (2015) and Mar (2016). Never once was told to send the equipment back. I've been speaking with a manager (Ben) and he said based off our contract I am to send the equipment back or they would come out and get it for $200.00. Now, this equipment is huge. I would have thought with all the confusion and the length of service we have given Birch they would at least try to work something out with me.

I told (Ben) I have done everything I was told to do in order to end our relationship with Birch, but Birch had not done what they were suppose to do for me. But, at the end I was never once asked after 10 years why I was leaving and they could not come and pick the equipment up without paying the 200.00 or at least knocking something off. I WILL NEVER USE BIRCH AGAIN!!! AND CUSTOMER SERVICE NO LONGER EXIST.

Original review: March 2, 2016

If I could give this company a zero, I would totally do so. I gave notice to them in October 2015, that I would not be renewing my contract. I had to send numerous emails to different people, my service is still not been completely terminated. They owe me money for months that they continued to charge me. I was told by their billing department to contact my bank and not allow their charges to be accepted. I have now been told that my contract was renewed, without my knowledge and that we are going to have to pay $2,000 for early termination. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY!!! I have now contacted my attorney to handle this problem.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

Not sure I can add anything new to the commentary but this company is a complete fraud. They do not honor their contractual provisions and willingly embrace absolute dishonesty. I had over 13 hours of no service which is critical for emergency room related transportation. There was no access to technical support and only by me weaseling through to TWC national fiber was I able to get a technician out. Birch never even knew there was a problem or a repair. DO NOT CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I would sincerely participate in a class action lawsuit!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

PREVIOUS CBEYOND CUSTOMER. I called Birch in November to let them know to cut off my cell phones and tablets I had with them that never worked. I checked my bill and found out they had never cut off the birch breeze data plan and the equipment fees. I called to find out why and Kristin said it wasn't noted on the file to cut that off. I said why would I have one thing cut off and not another when they were all linked and they will not give me any credit back for not using it from November. It is now February.

I asked to speak to a manager because this is a reasonable situation, I thought. "No, you cannot speak with a manager. They are not available! Now we want the equipment back also, (you can have it)." I also gave her names of people I spoke with to shut down the whole mobile and tablet system. "Nope, it's not noted in the notes so we cannot give you the credit." Oh, you mean since your staff didn't make notes in the file, it's my problem, just as this has happened many times before with other issues.

Well, of course, I didn't get anything resolved other than send the equipment back which no one before today had told me was needed to do. This company is horrible and has horrible customer service. There is nothing they will do for you even when it's their fault. Birch's whole system going down and putting me out of business for a week because some engineer blew out a switch which took out many businesses internet for a week and my practice runs on the internet of all digital images and needs. So they shut my dental practice down for a week and I lost 10s of thousands of dollars and they gave me a credit of $339.33. After four months of complaining and a letter written to the President Mr. Oddo and, of course, there has still been no response.

Also the case of my dead telephone line in which they kept charging me for over a year and I called and called and called and they kept denying the credit even though the customer service department would say, "Well you're right, there is no activity on the line but you have to put in a request for the credit." Of course, 2-3 requests I placed again and again and, of course, no credit. It was denied??? Just unbelievable.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

A sales rep from Birch Communications contacted our Dental practice many times and I finally took the call. The rep readily gave me many examples of how they could save us money using past records of our spendings with AT&T. I asked the rep several times if he was with AT&T and he assured me that my relationship with AT&T would not change and we would continue to get bills from AT&T. I agreed to change what I thought was long distance service with them. Never heard from them again until I discovered that our business lines were disconnected.

I contacted AT&T immediately. They informed me that it appeared that I terminated with them and I quickly worked with AT&T to reinstate my services and they told me that if the lines were still not working that I had to take it up with Birch. The phone lines were still disconnected so I took it up with Birch and it is now day 3 and our lines are still not up. Many empty promises of resolve from Birch has still left our business with no phone lines!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

One Star is more than Birch Communications deserves. We were a CBeyond customer and once Birch acquired CBeyond the service has been unreliable, frequently down, and when you call technical support they are unresponsive. We had been promised that they were going to develop the ability to use our existing phones (Cisco 303s) and they would then migrate us over from the old CBeyond platform to Birch. After many missed deadlines, and frequent outages on the old CBeyond platform that they were obviously no longer supporting, I decided to back away and move to another provider.

The problem is that moving to another provider is a lengthy process. In the meantime we continue to have multiple service outages. We have spent hours and hours attempting to get resolution. We have been on hold in the queue for 90 minutes more than once. Still no resolution. We are taking our business elsewhere but it is a slow, painful process to port your phone numbers to another carrier. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

Was with Birch for over 3 years. I discontinued my service with them in my fourth year. I then received an invoice for an early termination fee of $200. I originally was solicited by phone to join them and the representative told me it was a month to month contract, but what he didn't tell me is I had to give them a 30 day notice to avoid the early termination fee. What a joke.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

I had Lightyear for my business phone/fax for 8 years, then BIRCH bought them out and I have had trouble after trouble. I called to tell them I sold my store and wanted phone service off on the 29th of Jan. They flipped a switch and had it off in 2 days on the 17th! I had to keep calling and was for 3 days it was off, fax customers lost, mail and shipping customers were lost, we couldn't call any of our customers to let them know about deliveries, mail, etc. I wouldn't recommend this company to a dog! I am also reporting them to the BBB for making me lose no telling how much business.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

We switched our phone services to Cbeyond back in 2007 and always experienced minor to major issues but the support was always good until recently when BIRCH took over. We have had ongoing issues with the phone extensions going to the wrong party or not working at all. We have made numerous attempts to have them resolve the issues but they don't call back or they claim they have done everything on their end to remedy the problem. After reading others' complaints, we are afraid that if we change service providers we may lose our main phone number. I would gladly pay someone to come in and fix the problem but they claim it is on their end and only they can fix it. We are stuck. Please help with any ideas.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

I have been with Cbeyond since 2007. I have had problems with them, but they have always made amends to the problems. Now, unbeknownst to me, in approx. May of 2014, the company was merged with Birch Communications. Info was sent to my old office which was originally sent to my e-mail. No info was sent to me informing that Birch was now my new Cbeyond. So when I continued to get mail from junk mailers (as Birch was seen to be), it went in the trash. Had I been informed by Cbeyond that Birch was the new name, I would have been aware. Anyway, no receiving bills I did send in random payments just to be assured that my company phone would be on. It was shut off once and that was when I found out that Birch was my new provider.

With the next year, my entire set up for my cell phone was changed, without knowledge. VM no longer had saved on it and every 30 days messages within that 30 days was removed. Messages didn't always come in on the day they were sent. Information was as bad as when it was Cbeyond that the response was always, "we can't find that number," when in fact, I may have just called it. I use the info line over and over as I am in the car and unable to write stuff down, drive and talk. Three items and two hands and a steering wheel. AS time has gone on, the service is worse and you are sent to all different places, no one person can help, except the old tech department. They were great! Everyone else brushes you off. But since I have my company phones (of 25 years) and internet and company cellphone with them, they are critical to my business.

Despite random payments and no invoice, mail or internet, I continued to send in random payments. Then I noted that my company phones were shut off. But assumed it was the electricity as I had shut down the office to move it all elsewhere during this economic crash. Two months later, while still paying for no service, my cell phone was shut off. It is my original from 2007 when we joined Cbeyond and as courtesy, and a compensation for past Cbeyond screw ups, they didn't even charge me for this old phone. I called them to see what happened and found not only was my cell shut off, but my office was off for three months. Additionally, they said that since I didn't pay my bill, I was shut down.

I referenced all the payments and the rather indifferent CS agent begrudgingly looked it up. Only to find, sure enough I had been paying even after they supposedly sent me a notice of disconnect and that since they made up the story that I requested a disconnect, they could charge me $3000.00 for a penalty, and all those payments went to that penalty. The shut off of the free phone was the last straw that they saw out there. As she confirmed all I said was true, she went to her superior and came back and said they would credit the outstanding payments made of $800 plus an additional $200 credit in suspension. None of this was brought to my knowledge. So the CS said that her boss said she would reactivate my office number in the next week, but the old cell phone from 2007, I would have to pay $70 if I wanted it reactivated, or else see some place else.

Add to that my current contract would be no good and a new one would have to signed. I said, "I need copies of all these documents and letters you are saying were sent to me." The CS said I would have to go to billing or such for that so she sent me over. The gal in billing said she was unable to retrieve anything after the past 6 months by internet. I said, "Then send the rest snail mail." She agreed and she was the one giving me to total I had being held by them to pay off that fictitious $3,000 penalty for closing my account early. So, to this date: I have not received any credit, no documents except for the internet for 6 months, nothing new in the mail or internet monthly to become current or any billings to be current.

Not only is my cell on being reinstated, but my office phones were never reactivated and the most important thing of all >>> My company phone number, which I have had for 25 years, has been sold to someone else, so now I will never get that number back again!!! There is something really wrong with this company. I even sent a 2-page letter detailing this all out to the CEO of Birch (past CEO of Cbeyond) and nothing as of yet from anyone. I have no phone since I need to have them reactivate everything under the terms of my contract and stick to it and not try to milk me with this new contract and $70 a month for the cell. I need your help, this is not right. I don't have time to redo my entire phone system for my company and I need my phone number back. I need recovery for damages. Your help, please.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2015

Do we have grounds for a class action lawsuit? I just read everyone's review and am in the same boat. This is ridiculous. Signed contract in 2002 or 2003.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

Our company hired Cbeyond in 2012 to provide telephone and internet service. In 2014 they changed their name to Birch Communications. In 2015, we decided to change our service to another provider. I reviewed out Cbeyond contract and called Birch to review the procedures for terminating service with them. Birch representatives told me that per our contract, there were several steps to take for cancellation. First, I was required to FAX them a letter notifying them to NOT automatically renew our contract at its expiration (end of April 2015). Then, within 90 days, I had to send them another letter cancelling the contract or it would automatically renew for another year. I sent the first letter on April 9, and the second on July 2-- within the 90-day period. My second letter requested termination effective August 1, 2015.

Now, several months later, Birch is demanding that we pay them an early termination fee. Their contention is that the August 1 termination was beyond the 90-day limit, even though I notified Birch properly within their time limits. Birch's employees have been rude and condescending on the phone, and have refused to discuss anything beyond "It is the customer's responsibility to read the contract." I did read the contract before signing and have reviewed it again. I followed it and Birch's verbal instructions to terminate. It appears that Birch has developed a system by which they think they can punish a customer who dares to terminate their services. DO NOT deal with these people! DO NOT sign anything with them!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

My business has received two calls within a week from Birch attempting to sell us on their phone services with an aggressive pitch about having lower prices than Century Link. The first time I interrupted and asked to be taken off the list - the caller hung up on me. The second time (today), I had a longer conversation with the caller and explained that I am not interested and insist that I am taken off their list. The caller proceeded to use aggressive and harassing language saying it was surprising I'm still in business if I like to pay more for the exact same thing. Not true, Birch, I just choose not to do business with bullies. Avoid this company - I know I will.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

Our previous IT guy signed a contract with Birch because it was the only T-1 internet provider available at our location, no other high speed internet options. The T-1 service was fine with only a few network outages and bumps. The real problem was the cancellation terms made it almost impossible to cancel without paying the full cost of the contract.

Once the contract came to term I gave notice as required but they don't disconnect automatically - you have to provide another notice to disconnect or else the original notice is no longer valid and the contract auto-renews. The company says I'll be charged for equipment not returned but they can't provide an inventory of what equipment we have. Just trying to discuss changes to the account I've been on hold to talk with someone for more than 25 minutes multiple times. I actually feel bad for the billing people because they have to deal with irate customers all day. This would be a good company to stay away from!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I would strongly discourage any involvement with this company. My experience has been terrible. I requested a residential disconnect with service to a new home 4 weeks ago. The old line is still in service, Birch connected my new line and then interrupted service to the new line within 2 days. The problem is still not resolved. I called to stop service altogether and was informed it would cost me $600.00 and that no one in the company has the authority to intervene or waive the fee. I am now stuck with them for 12 months. Rest assured that once my sentence is served I will discontinue service post haste.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

I decided last year to leave Cbeyond and Birch. Technology was outdated and what use to be an economical and thriving section of the phone market is now just outdated overpriced technology. Hold times were absolutely unbearable to fix any problems and my business was literally held hostage by how bad their service and technology was! Leaving them has been an even bigger mess.

At one point someone hacked into their system and ran up 9-10K worth of long distance and we started getting huge bills from them. We spent literally hundreds of hours on the phone with them trying to get it fixed. Even after they said they found the problem and it was their problem, we never got them to completely credit off the overcharges. They wanted to settle our balance for a portion. We have not been with them for over 6 months and they are still trying to get more money out of my company for fraudulent overcharges. Even after we terminated our service they held the final porting of a few of our phone numbers demanding thousands of additional dollars, which we finally paid just to get them to release our numbers and let us finally leave their company.

I have finally just written a letter explaining the problems that I have had with them and this will be all we do when they contact us to try to extort more money from us. I guess this is the only defense that a company with outdated dying technology has, extorting money from current and old customers. Do not walk but RUN from Cbeyond or Birch. I will post this to a new site, every time they waste more of our time trying to collect their fraudulent overcharges for the crappy service that I could not get away from fast enough.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

I wish there was an option to rate with zero stars. They don't even deserve one star. Stay far far away from Birch Communication. They have horrible customer service, super high rates, and a horrific product. I've been having multiple issues with my Birch Communication system since July of 2015. I've had over a dozen "trouble tickets" for the issues with no resolution. They continue to say that their team is looking into the problems but no resolution has been found. After months and months of calling customer service to report problems they finally said that the equipment needs to be replaced. But, here's the kicker, it past the warranty. Of course it is! I've been "strung along" for the past four months. As for their customer service, they are not helpful at all. Also, Birch Communication does not have a "Complaint Desk" or a department to submit complaints. I wonder why?!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

Was contacted via a (Birch) telemarketer regarding their ability to slash my AT&T business phone bills. They indicated this was all being done thru AT&T and that everything would continue to perform exactly the way it had... Except for the savings. I agreed and never gave it a second thought... Until my phone service went out in the 2nd month. My first action was to contact AT&T who indicated they no longer were providing the line service. "Who was?" They asked... To which I responded, "I have no idea". So I converted back to AT&T on the spot and got back up and running. Flash forward to an invoice from Birch (first communication I'd received from them). I called them and explained what happened. "Too bad" they said. "We've got you recorded agreeing to our service" (3rd party verification which was tacked on to the long telemarketing call. This is the factor that they hang their hat on. "You said yes and we recorded it."

Today I received an invoice with a $1700 termination fee for my failed Birch service. I called again and was told that the $1700 fee was incorrect and that they were now using a "new process" which only charged a $200 termination fee. They are supposedly going to send me another invoice but was told that "this can take up to 30 days". I was also lectured by the rep about how I needed to be more responsible as a business owner.

Folks, I am a hardworking and honest business operator who reliably pays my bills. I'm having a hard time with Birch Communications however whom I feel misrepresented themselves, left my business "high and dry" with a service outage and no means with which to contact them, and are now attempting to either scare or "gouge" me for a ridiculous made-up fee.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

Writing this while on hold (45 minutes) while a client's office is down. Email sales pitches include "Urgent! An Important Message from Birch. Your response is needed. Please Read sign and send back!" and "just wanted to contact you and keep you in the loop so that if your billing increases as a courtesy I have made you aware ahead of time" - the contract doesn't end for another 9 months...

Support finally answered, took my info, then transferred me to another queue - and the process starts over (name, company name, address, call back number). The tech seems fairly green - repeats things, states the already known... has us power the iPad off and on (already did that twice) and now being transferred to tier 2... 60 minutes so far, on hold again. I will be requesting a credit to the account. If they are reasonable at all, (75 minutes to have the issue sent to adequate support?) they will provide it. Requested escalation and a supervisor - on hold again. They came back and said, "no super available - tier 2 will contact you once the receive the ticket..." Our office is down.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

We have received MANY calls from Birch Communications trying to get us to "agree to lower rates." I thought that they were actually CenturyLink telling me that they had reviewed our account and were giving us a discount. I have been scammed in the past and have learned that if I have to give authorization on the phone right now, BEWARE!! I almost continued with the recorded call that confirmed the changes to our account, when I heard them give a different name than CenturyLink. I told them I changed my mind and wanted all the promises and information sent via email or postal service because I wanted to see it in writing.

They assured me that it would be sent, after trying to tell me there is no contract and we can change back at any time. I know better than to believe everything I hear over the phone. They just called back again and tried to give me the whole spiel again. I told him "send me the info, I'm not agreeing to anything over the phone." They almost stalk you! The gals up front have about had it! We have a very busy office and the extra phone calls slow down everything, including my time to investigate what appears to be a shady company. I'm glad I didn't change, and hopefully this review will alert other consumers to read the fine print and don't "sign" contracts over the phone!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

In September 2014 I agreed to an agreement with Birch Gold Group to convert the funds in my American Funds company into silver. This is something the federal government allows with no penalties. I also agreed to keep it on hold for three to five years. It would be held in trust with Self Directed IRA, a subsidiary of Horizon Bank in Waco, Texas. The amount in the fund wasn't large, $8700, but to me it means a lot. On September 25, 2014 an invoice was issued to me that stated I now had 113 - 1 oz American Eagle Proof silver dollars valued at $74.64 each for a total of $8434.32. I assumed they kept $266.00 difference as a service fee. Like an idiot I didn't question the $74.64 valuation.

On January 16, 2015 I got a document specifying my Account Activity Summary with an ending market value of $1788.59 with an ending balance of @24.65 as of 12/31/2014. This got me very concerned and I called the office of SDIRAS to find out what was going on... A lady me that the amount on the statement was the meltdown price of the coins and that was merely the way they have to keep track of it. Here again, I stupidly let it go.

Later that month I got a letter from SDIRAS notifying me that I needed to request a distribution from my IRA that is due by December 31, 2015. That is because I am over 70. I thought at the time how much should I request but I had plenty of time to figure it out. The next week I decided that I should just cash it out and I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. I could use the money since I was 81 years old at the time and I live on a tight budget... I made a call to BGG and told a rep what I wanted to do. The rep reminded me that I had signed an agreement to keep my account from three to five years. I told him I needed the money now. He turned me over to another rep that informed me that my cash-out settlement would be $5,056.55 (That amounts to a 42% loss in six months). At that point I came unglued.

After the heated conversation I started looking into my silver account. What I discovered is that BGG had inflated the value of the 113 coins to a point that they most likely would never be worth the price of $74.64. I did some digging on the internet and found a site that listed the value of this particular coin over the past five years and the highest point was nowhere close to the $74.64. As far as I can tell it is a phantom figure. The price of the 2014 coins from the US Mint sold in the 42 to 46 dollar range retail. Being a dealer they no doubt got a better price.

It would seem to me that there should be some rules that would govern the conversion valuation of one commodity to another so that this type of thing can't happen. I have written to Senator Orrin Hatch, Chairman of the Finance Committee, Senator Ron Wyden, Ranking Mbr., Finance Committee and Congressman Bob Goodlatte, Chairman, Judiciary Committee about this and have not received a reply from any of them. But that doesn't surprise me. Without any rules it is a license to steal. I would appreciate your comments on this and would appreciate any suggestions as to what I could do to resolve it. I have all the documents of this account and I would be glad to share them with you if it would further substantiate my claim. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

Birch support is horrendous. I tried to get 24 more voice channels and new IP addresses in March. In June I had to put pressure on them to get this done. Then I called on August 18th for phone lines down. Still after 6 days, no call back. This is an ISP who is providing support to businesses. As a business, could you afford to lose phones for 6 days without a call back or a way to reach support other than a level 1 tech submitting a trouble ticket? Terrible, terrible support. Stay far away.

Original review: July 29, 2015

I put in an order in early June 2015 for landline home phone service (I had been a business customer with them in the past). They took about three weeks to get me what they call "service." After it was installed, phone wouldn't ring in but would call out. I called customer service. They sent out a guy. He left and I was led to believe it was fixed (Even though no one from customer service ever called to check and see if my service was acceptable). After this visit, I could now receive calls in but my dial tone began to come and go and I had horrible static. I called customer service again. They sent another guy. Things got better for about a week (except the horrible static never left, but I dealt with that). Yesterday my line started hanging up on me. Today I have no dial tone. The problem is not in my wiring as I have checked for dial tone outside my home (no dial tone).

I called in again today. I had to tell my story to four people because each one told me this didn't pertain to their department or they couldn't help me. They made me agree to pay $139 for the tech guy if he comes out and says he doesn't see anything wrong. This is simply unfair since the dial tone and service comes and goes so frequently.

I told them if they can't get it right this time, after almost two months, I will want out of my contract. They said I would owe $500. I will go to small claims court if it is not fixed this time, and I will get out of this. I have upheld my end of the contract. They have not. They have not provided me with acceptable service or with satisfactory customer service. I'm very very upset. I am a good customer to everyone I have contracts with and it is not fair to be treated like this. They don't seem to want to help and still don't mind to take my money (which I don't have much of). If they can't do any better than this, they should be shut down. Avoid Birch communications.

Original review: July 20, 2015

My old boss signed our company up with Cbeyond which was purchased by Birch. We have cancelled our account with Birch. It has now been two months and they still have not finalized the account or picked up their equipment which was supposed to take 30 days. I received a final notice bill in the mail from them for June and we didn't have service with them for June 2015. Birch is going to disconnect services which are already disconnected. LOL. They sign you up quickly but to get away from them is proving to be impossible.

Original review: July 17, 2015

For over 8 months I have been trying to port out my phone numbers to a new carrier. They have been rejecting due to name address mismatch on the CSR (customer service record). I requested a CSR on the CSR. I found the MTN (main telephone number) incorrect. The phone number they maliciously put on my record to deceive the new carrier was one in a town 600 miles away. On the next CSR I requested they maliciously replaced with another number not related to my business and located 600 miles away. I questioned the number with the customer service rep, and right in front of her eyes it changed again to **. Now they show no record of my phone number that I have been trying to port, it has disappeared from their system. This company is illegally trying to put me out of business by taking the phone number I own for the past 9 years.

Original review: July 15, 2015

Tried to setup new email account through Birch. It take forever to connect to the tech support. My business will crash if I keep using Birch.

Original review: July 13, 2015

If you receive a phone call from someone saying they're affiliated with your phone provider and want to discuss lowering your bill, ask which company they represent. If it is BIRCH COMMUNICATIONS... HANG UP!!! At best it is misrepresentation and at worst it is FRAUD!!! Our business received a phone call from Birch Communications last week asking to speak to the person that handles our telecommunications account. To get past our receptionist, they told her they were AT&T calling about the account. When I spoke to them, they insisted they had been contracted by AT&T to provide our voice and data line services and wanted to talk to me about how they could lower our costs.

After listening to the lies for a few moments, I asked them why my bill came from AT&T if they were now our provider? They made up more lies, insisting that AT&T would continue to send the bill but their logo would appear in the upper right hand corner of the bill next month. I then asked them how what kind of savings they could offer me. It was almost TWICE what we are currently paying through AT&T. They insisted that what we are currently paying is going to triple next month and they are offering a one time, limited time offer at the rate they quoted.

At this point, I made sure to state that nothing I had said, nor nothing I was going to say, in any way or by any means indicated a decision by me or our business to take out a contract with them. As soon as I made that statement, their representative became HOSTILE!! I hung up on him as he was yelling and screaming at me. Of course, I called AT&T and everything I was told by Birch's representative was a lie. They called back today and still insisted they are now our new provider!! After I reminded them that they had called last week and if they call again, we are going to consider it harassment, they hung up very quickly. I'll give this to them... They're business practices may be marginally legal to outright illegal, but they are persistent.!! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!!!

Original review: June 23, 2015

We have problems with the service going down almost daily now. Sometimes it comes up in 30 minutes, or it may be out for a few hours. After calling and submitting multiple trouble tickets, it is clear that they have no idea what is causing the problem or how to fix it. The customer service representatives are nice, but lack any technical skills. As a health care organization, when our Internet Service is down, we cannot access Electronic Medical Records and our phones, which use VoIP are also out of service. I am currently looking for another Internet Service Provider. Birch is the worst that I have ever experienced!

Fusion Connect Company Information