Fusion Connect (formerly Birch)

Fusion Connect

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Fusion Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Where to start... They leave out SO MUCH when selling you their 3rd party services. They have no early termination fees and their employees are rude. They do NOT give customer SERVICE. More like headaches. That's it, pure headaches. They do not do what they say they will. Their installation process is 35 days and they don't tell you that until AFTER the contract is signed.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

We used this company for 4 years, it was never great to be honest. The last year has been horrible with our company having difficulty receiving calls using their VOIP system. Whenever we called, they always place the blame elsewhere, but it was always their fault. I tried to cancel today and they told me I was on autorenew which my brother sent in our letter a few months back, but I was just making sure all was good since our doors are closing next month.

Cheryl told me I was under contract and I would be forced to pay, well we never received a renewal notice and my brother sent in our letter to discontinue our relationship well before auto renew. Needless to say, I got transferred to a guy name Chris who was just as rude as Cheryl and tried to get me to buy more services from them and then he would let me out of our contract!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! We had taken every correct step, now they are trying to strong arm us and scare us. Never use this company!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Long time customer (mostly because it's impossible to drop them without huge penalties). Paid my monthly bill, noticed I was charged 3 separate times for one transaction. Called in, after some wait, got a rep who told me they would fix it. Asked how long it would take, told me 72 hours to process, then up to two weeks for a check to be sent to me. This is for over $1000 dollars, ask why, as a technology company, they can't refund the money directly to my account like every other company does. Says it's not how they do things. Asked to speak to a manager, now on hold for 15 minutes. Assume they are hoping I give up and hang up. Terrible company, wish I never got involved with them.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I am finance director for a nonprofit. We have been trying to disconnect from Birch for 3 months now. We have gotten conflicting information from CSR's. We were informed that our contract autorenewed each year (fine print obviously) and thus would owe about $950 in termination fees. A month after terminating, we are still getting bills as if we never terminated. Avoid this company. They use unethical tactics to delay customer terminations.

Original review: June 27, 2019

My name is Alan Jay. A customer rep named Katie told me to send my smartphone to them for repair. It was never returned it back to me. They stole my property. Then after a period of non use, they cut my line. Been without a phone for 2 plus years.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I ported my phone numbers away from Birch to Total Wireless before the next billing date, but they kept right on taking money from my checking account on auto-pay. When I called and threatened to do a charge-back with my bank, the lady at Birch informed me I was under contract (by auto renewal) and that there would be a $133.00 early termination charge. If I refused to pay it, they would have to report that on my credit. WTF??? That's how they treat loyal customers of 6 years. How can an auto-renewal be legal and binding. BUYER BEWARE - This is a nightmare of a company that will rip you off any way they can.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have been with Birch for over 15 years. Every time I call for disconnect they informed me I have a contract with them. Which is not true at all. According to customer service, my contract renews every year automatically. I have called several times to make sure they leave a note for my account not to renew my contract and inform me when it's due. Customer rep is never able to help me to check what is my actual renewal date. It always takes for them several minutes to come on help as soon as I tell them the reason for my call. I have tried this for the last 6 years since their internet service is not good at all. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We are a cardiology office that has used Birch, which was CBeyond in previous years. We use the virtual receptionist for after hours. I tried to change my message to the doctor on call and their system wasn't working. I called the customer service, which is done by some company they merged with, Fusion and was put off like they had better things to do than help their clients. We have urgent situations in cardiology and they said they weren't sure when the service would be back up, they had been working on it for a week and a half but maybe in another week!! I told them "do you realize this is our after hours service for heart patients." I was told well there's nothing they can do. They would call me when it's working again.

I asked to talk to a manager and they told me they were busy and they would call right back when they were finished with current call... 16 hours later NO CALL. I called back the next day. Was put on hold for 45 min then conveniently disconnected. We tried to get out of our contract last year but they conveniently said we didn't jump thru some hoops so we had to pay for another year. They really don't want to deal with small companies... Not sure why they didn't just let us go. I am now cancelling our contract and jumping thru the hoops to make sure there are no excuses. Think twice about this company, especially if you are a smaller company.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My mother received a letter from Birch advising that Fios needed to be and an appointment needed to be made for a technician to come into the home. They provided 4 telephone number to make the appointment. When calling the numbers, 2 of them were disconnected and the other 2 went to voicemail. Messages were left, no one returned the calls. Weeks later another letter arrived stating the same information as the first, with the same telephone numbers. Again, 2 numbers were disconnected and 2 went to voicemail where messages were left again... no calls were ever returned.

Two weeks later, the phone was disconnected by Birch. Many, many, many phone calls were placed, left on hold for over an hour, guessing I would hang up. Always had to wait on hold when I called. Finally on 3 separate calls, spoke to someone who always told me they would call me back, but never did. 2 weeks later a Verizon tech shows up and no one was home. No one called to tell us they were coming. Total lack of communication from a telephone COMMUNICATION company... VERY, VERY BAD. Switched my service as soon as the phone was restored.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have had no problem with the 800 number provided by Birch and I do not dispute any charges I have received for the Birch service but Birch needs to make some changes in the way their webpage is set up and in the way their customer service works. For years I had to call Birch every time I made a payment but they finally allowed consumers to set up paperless billing and auto payments. My most recent problem with the Birch website was that I could not update my Payment Information. So now my account shows two months payments due. I finally reached someone by phone who could change my Credit Card information. I think my account will be fine until I have to change the CC information again.

The Birch website needs a page where consumers can change their Payment Method online. Perhaps calling a representative isn't a problem for most people but it is an inconvenience for me. Additionally, Birch needs to create a way for consumers to provide feedback, then perhaps they could address some of the problems their customers have with their service.

Fusion Connect author review by Ellen Muraskin

Founded in 1996, Birch serves more than 200,000 business customers. Birch is an industry-leading voice, data and hosting provider for small to mid-sized businesses, while also offering enterprise-level solutions.​

• Works with your existing PBX: As a business VoIP provider, Birch offers a complete range of services that replace or work with a PBX. In integrated voice-and-data accounts, it dynamically allocates bandwidth as needed.

• Mobile service on the same bill: Instead of dealing with multiple vendors for telecommunications services, Birch offers an all-in-one solution, enabling you to take your workforce from the office to the street.

• Granular call treatment: With Birch's user interface, you can turn off call waiting for specific numbers, ensuring that some callers will never be interrupted. Birch's Repeat Dialing feature keeps dialing a busy number for you until the call goes through.

• Migrate to the cloud: Birch takes VoIP services to the highest level, transitioning data to the cloud for added flexibility and security.

• Certified for excellence: Birch has been repeatedly recognized for its exceptional call center service, guaranteeing customers a quick resolution to problems.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Fusion Connect Company Information