Find a VoIP Providers partner

Help me decide
Fusion Connect

Fusion Connect (formerly Birch)

1.0/5 (144 ratings)
Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

About Fusion Connect (formerly Birch)

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Fusion Connect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fusion Connect?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

We have had an unusual experience with this company all very negative. As with all the other reviews untrustworthy, unreliable, very inefficient, and deceitful. It may have cost me my company if the 800 number as promised is not returned. It has now it seems gone to a scam taking all my potential and past customers (unbeknown to them) with it. At great cost to me. Promising and doing are two very separate intentions! Now I have to contest any credit card payment for service not rendered? Under Corona Virus this company claimed we had TWO reminders for renewal, but we have no trace. Stay Away. There are far better options.

Original review: June 22, 2021

This is the worst company. We have been with them for over 25 years - with Cbeyond then Birch -then Fusion. And only because they make it impossible to change. We tried to go to AT&T and the experience was so horrific! We lost complete phone service - Fusion ported incorrect numbers. 2 years ago, the owner decided his exit strategy and started down the path of selling the business. At that time - I told the Fusion rep that we did not want to renew a contract in the event that we would have to terminate early. No problem they said - but we would pay extra to be on monthly.

We did not have a problem with that. No that we have closed our company - that is not the story. They auto renew your contract without you knowing and they don't have to tell you that they did. They said we did get a copy of the contract - In 2014! And said just because I told the rep we didn't want to renew - it would automatically do it anyway. Now they want us to pay an early termination fee - and we all know how their fees work. They have transferred me from one person to another - never letting me talk to someone that can actually do anything about the issue. We have never been late on a payment - you would think they would want to do what's right. Run from this company.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Never do business with Fusion Connect. I terminated my contract with Fusion Connect as per the contract terms back in March 2020. I terminated early because of constant billing errors. They continue to send me monthly statements. I've had numerous emails and phone conversations with different departments and I lost count of how many times I sent them copies of my termination letter and copy of the cancelled check. Another email from them today states they have never received a termination notice. The check amount was given to me from Fusion that included a termination fee. Run as fast as you can away from this company.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Our company had been with Fusion for a few years but we came over with the Birch buyout. The customer service was okay, and we found the staff members to be sometimes irritable when we called about issues. The cost to maintain the account caused us to look elsewhere; we are small business with a total of less than 10 employees, and we paid over $1,000/month.

We switched to Verizon for a lot less, and more control. When we switched over, it took almost 2 weeks to get our domain name back (they use some awful service called 2Cows), and while they knew we were moving our email service, they deleted all of our archived and current emails. They did not notify us, they did it "automatically" within 10 days of ending the service. We did not find out until 18 days after the deletion. None of our archived business emails can be transferred to our new Outlook 360 accounts. If this is what they call just doing business, this is terrible. I would never recommend to anyone to use their services, as they clearly lack any set standards of customer service. Avoid them, find a different service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Where to start... They leave out SO MUCH when selling you their 3rd party services. They have no early termination fees and their employees are rude. They do NOT give customer SERVICE. More like headaches. That's it, pure headaches. They do not do what they say they will. Their installation process is 35 days and they don't tell you that until AFTER the contract is signed.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

We used this company for 4 years, it was never great to be honest. The last year has been horrible with our company having difficulty receiving calls using their VOIP system. Whenever we called, they always place the blame elsewhere, but it was always their fault. I tried to cancel today and they told me I was on autorenew which my brother sent in our letter a few months back, but I was just making sure all was good since our doors are closing next month.

Cheryl told me I was under contract and I would be forced to pay, well we never received a renewal notice and my brother sent in our letter to discontinue our relationship well before auto renew. Needless to say, I got transferred to a guy name Chris who was just as rude as Cheryl and tried to get me to buy more services from them and then he would let me out of our contract!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! We had taken every correct step, now they are trying to strong arm us and scare us. Never use this company!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Long time customer (mostly because it's impossible to drop them without huge penalties). Paid my monthly bill, noticed I was charged 3 separate times for one transaction. Called in, after some wait, got a rep who told me they would fix it. Asked how long it would take, told me 72 hours to process, then up to two weeks for a check to be sent to me. This is for over $1000 dollars, ask why, as a technology company, they can't refund the money directly to my account like every other company does. Says it's not how they do things. Asked to speak to a manager, now on hold for 15 minutes. Assume they are hoping I give up and hang up. Terrible company, wish I never got involved with them.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I am finance director for a nonprofit. We have been trying to disconnect from Birch for 3 months now. We have gotten conflicting information from CSR's. We were informed that our contract autorenewed each year (fine print obviously) and thus would owe about $950 in termination fees. A month after terminating, we are still getting bills as if we never terminated. Avoid this company. They use unethical tactics to delay customer terminations.

Original review: June 27, 2019

My name is Alan Jay. A customer rep named Katie told me to send my smartphone to them for repair. It was never returned it back to me. They stole my property. Then after a period of non use, they cut my line. Been without a phone for 2 plus years.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I ported my phone numbers away from Birch to Total Wireless before the next billing date, but they kept right on taking money from my checking account on auto-pay. When I called and threatened to do a charge-back with my bank, the lady at Birch informed me I was under contract (by auto renewal) and that there would be a $133.00 early termination charge. If I refused to pay it, they would have to report that on my credit. WTF??? That's how they treat loyal customers of 6 years. How can an auto-renewal be legal and binding. BUYER BEWARE - This is a nightmare of a company that will rip you off any way they can.

Fusion Connect author review by Ellen Muraskin

Founded in 1996, Birch serves more than 200,000 business customers. Birch is an industry-leading voice, data and hosting provider for small to mid-sized businesses, while also offering enterprise-level solutions.​

• Works with your existing PBX: As a business VoIP provider, Birch offers a complete range of services that replace or work with a PBX. In integrated voice-and-data accounts, it dynamically allocates bandwidth as needed.

• Mobile service on the same bill: Instead of dealing with multiple vendors for telecommunications services, Birch offers an all-in-one solution, enabling you to take your workforce from the office to the street.

• Granular call treatment: With Birch's user interface, you can turn off call waiting for specific numbers, ensuring that some callers will never be interrupted. Birch's Repeat Dialing feature keeps dialing a busy number for you until the call goes through.

• Migrate to the cloud: Birch takes VoIP services to the highest level, transitioning data to the cloud for added flexibility and security.

• Certified for excellence: Birch has been repeatedly recognized for its exceptional call center service, guaranteeing customers a quick resolution to problems.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Fusion Connect Company Information