2.00/5
Based on 128 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Boost Mobile

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

761 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I purchased 2 phones at a great price. That made me skeptical - but I kept asking - if the service isn't good am I locked into a contract? I was told no. Well, the service is awful and I am in a 12 month agreement and they won't unlock the phones. But they keep saying it is not a contract. I have spent 2 days trying to solve the mystery of Boost Mobile. How do they stay in business? Customer service is a joke - you go through press 2/press 4/press 1/press 7 -- until finally you get someone who does not speak English well. To top it all off they are trying to kept my phone number - wouldn't allow it to be ported. YES. I AM LEAVING BOOST and warn you before you enter into a Non-Contract with them. If anything goes wrong... you are ON YOUR OWN. They just keep quoting policy - which by the way - you NEVER get a copy of! BYE BYE BOOST. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I visited the local Boost Mobile store located at 712 E. Avalon St., Kuna Idaho, 83634 on Sunday evening 2/11/18 and after remaining in the store for over 2+hrs after closing my wife and I left with 2 iPhone 6s at a cost of $50 each. Seems the push was on for the iPhone sale as opposed to having any discussion about one of the NO COST phones offered with a service changeover; ** made mention he was "all about the sale" and then added as an afterthought "but we're good with customer service". I revisited the same store on 2/16/18 to advise that I was unhappy with the iPhone operation; at that time, I was told I would need to speak with the original salesman ** to discussed a return. I had to leave town over the weekend and was unable to return until today 2/19/18.

It seems this ** wasn't as attuned to discuss a return, pretended to make a call to someone, and then told me that I would now need to pay full price for the phone I originally wanted, and that he couldn't accept a return of the iPhone despite what the paperwork claims; adding insult to injury he pretended to not even recognize me and at first denied I purchased the phones in this location until I showed him the receipt which he didn't even look at. I will note it does say 7 days which would have been yesterday but let's use some common sense in customer relations.... doesn’t say seven business days.

This is the exact same "used car salesman get them while they are hot approach" I have experienced with Metro PCS, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon; e.g. as long as the company is on the cash receivables end of the sale then it’s all well & good, any type of customer service or responsibility after the fact is negligible. In my former world we used to make fun of those guys and with good reason. This is the precise reason I made this recent change in cell service providers in the first place emphasizing that I SPECIFICALLY asked about after-sales service noting my previous experiences. I will note I observed this ** making the same claims about this being a "good deal", "you could sell it on Craig's list for $300+", and numerous other nefarious statements to a group of potential customers while there today (Teenagers).

At the end of the day it seems a person can't seem to honor their verbal and/or written commitments unless there is a dollar that comes first, but I did say I would advertise for the Boost store, that's a commitment I am not a bit hesitant to follow-through with... FYI ~ the customers left the location without any phones after I called him out on his business practices...1 victory at any rate.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Since both the alarm system and ringtones was not working on my phone I took my LG phone to Boost Mobile for help. Immediately the sales agent suggested it was time to buy a new phone. Both he and another sales agent a female persuaded me to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7. First they said since I was already a customer it would cost me $184.00 then they went up to $288.00 and said I was getting a bargain since the phone retailed at $700.00. When I returned in the evening for my receipt I was told that after paying in installments I would end up paying $422.00. To me that was very deceiving, "BEWARE OF BOOST MOBILE".

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My 81 year old mother bought a phone from Boost Mobile. She used it for six months and then cancelled it. She was never told that if she cancelled her phone that her phone would remain locked. In fact we were both told for a year now several times that the phone was unlocked. When we tried to transfer the phone to another carrier, we found out that it was never unlocked. They can have whatever policies they want to, but they should not deceive and manipulate their customers. She cannot transfer her service to another carrier because Boost has control of her phone by locking it. Seniors are called "vulnerable populations". It is terrible that seniors are being taken advantage of. I have called and tried to resolve this, but I was also lied to and then they refused to let me talk to a supervisor.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Paid for a $3 daily plan on 2-7 that was supposed to go into effect at 12:01 2-8. As far as I know it did. I added another $5 (minimum amount you can add) that brought my balance to 7 so could use another $3 to pay for 2-9. Imagine my surprise when on 2-9 my service was off. I checked my account and they had taken $6 out on the 2-7 and only applied $3. So I complained and they said they would refund $3 and apply to my account for 2-9. What they ACTUALLY did was TAKE the remaining 1.50 remaining in my account (still not sure how there was only that little remaining...) and apply it to a "Service Increase". So really I just paid 4.50 for a daily service instead of $3. Not a lot but this is not the first time their 'refund' is not actually a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

After a month and a half my Moto cellphone stopped connecting to the internet, even though it connected to WiFi properly. When I contacted Boost customer service for help I got a 45 minute runaround. That only ended when I threatened to file a formal complaint. At that point I was given a service phone number to call which was supposedly Motorola. The company that answered apparently was some sort of repair facility, but not Motorola. Fortunately, that company did have Motorola's number. Motorola promptly replaced the phone at no cost. Three cheers for Motorola, but I have never had so much trouble with any customer service as with Boost in my decades of dealing with various companies. What an awful experience!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Last September, I was having problems with my phone working correctly. I asked Boost if I qualified for a deal. They said no. Upon asking which carriers phones I could use, AT&T came up. I ran into one at the mall. I liked how it was a good phone but unsure about it working with Boost, I called them to make sure before I spent 500 dollars on one. The first supervisor at customer service looked it up and told me that there was no doubt that it would work. After the guy that sold it telling me the active probably wouldn't work, I called back asked for a supervisor and said to please look up the IMEI number and 100% for sure if it works. They took about 5 minutes, got back on and told me that it was recoverable and that it would work but that I needed to get a special sim card available for 10 dollars at any Boost store. I paid 500 dollars for it.

I took it to a Boost store and they said there was no sim card that worked for it. I called Boost and was hung up on 3 times before I finally got a manager on the phone again. He said he apologized for the last manager but I needed to write an email about it that would go to their legal department. After calling back again, they transferred me to their retaining team. They offered me a J series, much much cheaper phone, admitting fault. I have only heard back once from their "back office" by a lady who asked me which dates my calls were. I offered to play back the conversations I had where I legally mentioned the call was recorded. They refused to listen to anything other than "their copy". I have YET to hear back from the one and only email to which I replied immediately. I was promised I would be replied to within 48 hours.

This last attempt out of the 14 emails was over a week ago. They should now own the phone that they promised me would work and should be liable to replace it per their representative's repeated promising it was ok to buy it. Today, after hanging up on me twice a manager said that he read that they were refusing to do ANYTHING to compensate my losses. I mentioned that without a phone, I lost 3 roofing customers. The total cost of the jobs I earned with getting their insurance approval was in excess of 250,000 dollars. I stood to collect 15% of those. Boost is responsible for those losses as well.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have been battling with Boost Mobile for over a month. It all started with my Samsung J7 dying. I received an email stating that I was 3 payments away from an upgrade. Ok, I figured go into a Boost Mobile store and see if I could get a my upgrade right away. It's not like I did not pay my monthly bill on time. Hell I've paid earlier and sometimes extra. But no new phone for me. Tried to go about the new financing program. I qualified but they wanted me to give $150 balance in the store. Umm, no. So I cancelled my service. Started requesting my money back. It's been close to one month. I've been given the runaround, left on hold for close to an hour. To be given the same lie, the check is in the mail. Stay away from Boost Mobile, unless you like being screwed out of your money and sanity.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

After 2.5 hours talking with people who; a) did not speak clear English, b) could not answer my questions, c) could not think for themselves, d) kept transferring me to the incorrect departments, and e) promised to send me a new sim card to the address with "my phone number" on file, the number which was completely incorrect -- I shifted the number to my Verizon account as a second line, for less money and far better service - IN THE U.S.A. This after talking with Boost Mobile and LG reps. Awful experience and not the first time. These companies are "automation" (including "automating" human beings) at its worst.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I received a defective iPhone from Boost. They are selling tons of these things. They say they are under 90 day warranty but when I called bright the third party insurer on day one of receiving the broken phone, they said this phone is not covered. Boost then told me to go to the Apple store and have them fix it. Apple said they would fix the issue but it would cost more than a new phone. Went back to Boost talked to a supervisor they initiated a return. I sent the phone in, it was delivered weeks ago and Boost never refunded me.

I complained on their Boost community site. On their site there are tons of customers who are complaining that they have received bad iPhones from Boost. I made a couple comments on other people’s posts that have also received bad phones, saying me too I also received a defective phone. Boost permanently banned me from their site for spamming and deleted my valid complaints. What a joke. Someone should start a class action against Boost mobile. What they are doing is criminal.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Boost service has been terrible. Lost my 14 day grace period. They call me a V.I.P. customer. Never get offered a free phone. I think it's almost time for change. Within in a year I will no longer be a Boost customer.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 pre-owned phone and a month of service. Turned out they had practically no service in my zip code area - zero to 1 bar of reception. In the building where I work there was zero coverage and a phone is required for my work. They initially seemed apologetic and gave me the account number to port to Cricket and said they would unlock my phone. It wasn't unlocked when I tried to complete the switch. They did not answer my emails for 4 days and finally said their policy is you must have the phone with them for 12 months or they won't unlock it. Argued with them over several emails but they refused. So now I have a phone that won't work on any carrier that I would not have purchased if they told me there was no service in my area. What a scam! Don't go with Boost!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I switched carriers. I was told that my phone would be active and I would be given a new phone number. Now I have to pay $45 which is something that I don't have to reactivate this phone. I am highly upset because I was misinformed. They need to do better.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I order a Samsung Galaxy on Jan 4. Never received the product because ask for it back it's going on jan17 and still have not receive a refund. They took money but have return is seem very odd why I don't have money yet.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Bought family plan. Took weeks to port numbers. Then refused to activate family plan until all lines had their own service plans. Then refused to add any lines to family plan. No access to customer service on 611. 42 calls to corporate and 6 visits to store locations. Stores claim not to have access and call centers claim all account corrections must be made in person. Left after one month having paid for 6 months. Then Boost refused to unlock phones to use and refused to accept returns after the 30 days. NEVER USE BOOST WITHOUT LAWYER ON RETAINER!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I am with Boost Mobile. I have the unlimited package. Which is a great deal cause the person that I know put me on his 5 phone plan for $100. So $20 a month is great. The problem that I have experienced since I have been on this plan for the last 4 months is loss of phone connection, so when I wake up the next day I have to not start anything. I first have to go down to the Boost store and get them to fix my phone. Then I ask them what is wrong with the service. They tell me that they have been doing something to their cell towers, but they don't tell you anywhere that this will be going on so they pretty much shut you down without any warning.

Which is BS I pay my portion of the bill to not get a warning or a break on my cell phone bill in which is poor service on their part. I live in the same town where I get my phone service but do you think I can get a good connection well of course not. I have to have my phone close to a window to get data connection and when I do it is the slowest connection ever and the buffering is way too much as well. I am saying that this service is the 2nd worse service there is on the market.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

A lot of people don't understand that Boost is a smaller company, meaning they don't have many towers. They are great in areas where they do have service. Their data is fast! And the correct price! I only pay $45 a month with the auto pay??? Great job Boost. Keep it up!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Ordered an iPhone for my son from them for Christmas. When it arrived I took it out and checked the MEID number to see if I could connect to Tello, another provider with Sprint, which is what Boost Mobile uses. I was able to get service thru Tello with the iPhone I purchased from Boost. So I decided order my daughter an iPhone as well to hook up with Tello. When I tried to get service with Tello with her iPhone, I was told Boost Mobile had to unlock it. When I called Boost I was told I had to have active service with them for a YEAR before they would unlock. They could not explain why I was able to connect my son's phone with another provider and would not take the phone back because it was more than 7 days from purchase. HORRIBLE COMPANY! Now I am stuck with a phone that cannot be used.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Boost Mobile is the worst company ever!!! You tell them to disconnect your phone. They tell you they’re going to disconnected on the date that your phone ends and then turn around and disconnected before that date! Then they don’t want to give you back your money. I had to go to the bank and put a stop payment on my bill. Why let them keep the money that you don’t get the services for. What a con game they are playing on most of the customers. Worst company ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I tried to cancel the order right after I accidentally placed it. The call agent was telling me that she already cancelled it, but then the shipping confirmation was still sent to me. I made 2 more calls and the agents told me that it isn't cancelled and I have to receive it in order to return it. Annoying and horrible customer service!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

This is my 3rd phone in 1/2 years! I just got the LG Stylo 3 yesterday and it's got white fog on the bottom of the screen! It's having multiple issues! And Screenshots are almost impossible. I'm going to Verizon. I may pay more but at least the phones will work.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

About 9 months ago I got a new phone. I called Boost Mobile to get a sim card and they sent one - I called them back and got it activated. For the 7 months since I have had nothing but trouble off and on trying to get onto the internet at various places around Los Angeles. I took the phone to 2 different Boost stores and whatever they did with it worked while I was there but then didn't work at many other locations. I called Boost tech dept several times and was given all sorts of codes and stuff to do, nothing worked consistently. Finally I stopped by one store and the clerk said it was either the sim card or my phone and to call Boost and get another sim card first to see if that would solve it.

I called Boost to ask for a new sim card and the lady who answered asked me to get the number off the sim card I had (which is really difficult as the numbers are INCREDIBLY SMALL. I had to use a high power loupe to see them) and then she accused me of changing the sim card and said I had the WRONG sim card!! The sim card they sent me never left my phone or my sight since I got it from them!!! So when I get the sim card, the guy at Boost tells me to read him the numbers over the phone (AGAIN YOU HAVE TO HAVE A HIGH POWER LOUPE JUST TO SEE THEM!! When I asked him if they were the same as the barcode numbers on the card it was on, he said no (either an idiot or an outright baldface liar as they are at the barcode at the top of the card!!!). I am older and have little knowledge of cell phones but these people are idiots!!! If I ever have trouble again, I will try another provider!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Horrible customer service. The recommended LG is a cheap phone. Not user friendly. Can't even take a screenshot pic. Battery cheap. Phone runs out of battery easily. My 11 year old doesn't like the phone either. Paid a lot to get phone with activation fees. Store clerks trained to tell you anything to sell you the phone. They care more about sale, not if you will be happy with the service. Once they got you, they've got you. No refunds. Then I didn't have service for 2 days when I transferred over my phone service. Never have had that happen before.

Once you're billed you don't get refunds on anything if you change your mind on a service. The coverage is horrible. If you go out anywhere in any rural area the phone won't work. Disappointed in the quality of phone and service. My bill is $90 a month. Cheap for cell service but I could have great family plan with Verizon for $20 more. Way better quality and service. Not really saving much with Boost. I have very poor quality phone and shaky service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

According to Boost Mobile's promotional offer, in order to receive the $100 credit to my Boost Mobile account, I was to purchase a new Apple iPhone 6 32 GB Space Gray phone at boostmobile.com, activate the phone by signing up for the monthly plan and pay the monthly charge by April 15, 2018, make my monthly payment within 50 days of activating the phone, receive a $100 credit on my Boost Mobile account within four weeks of first month's payment. I did not receive the $100 credit as advertised on Boost Mobile's website.

I bought the Apple iPhone 6 32 GB Space Gray at boostmobile.com and activated the phone at a Boost Mobile store within 3 to 4 days of receiving the phone in the mail. When it got to about 3 days of paying for my next bill, I called up Boost Mobile's customer service to see why I did not receive the $100 credit to my Boost Mobile account. After putting me on hold a few times, it turns out that because I activated the phone at a Boost Mobile store and not online, Boost Mobile was not going to honor their $100 credit promotion. WHAT A JOKE!!! WHERE ON YOUR WEBSITE DID IT STATE THAT THE PHONE HAD TO BE ACTIVATED ONLINE?! It seems that when Boost Mobile made their so-called promotional offer, they forgot a little detail stating that this is for online only.

I wrote a 1-star review at boostmobile.com about this issue, but guess what??? My review was taken down and the last time I checked, Boost Mobile now has added the "online only" to the Apple iPhone 6 32 GB. Boost Mobile must have realize their mistake and changed it, but I still did not receive my $100 credit to my Boost Mobile account. That is why I am here writing a review on Consumer Affairs.

I am totally done with Boost Mobile. Boost Mobile have cheated me out of my $100 credit. I am very disappointed and angry to ever had been a customer with Boost Mobile. Boost Mobile should be ashame for what they have done. I will surely spread the word to my family, friends, relatives, co-workers, and anyone that is thinking about becoming a Boost Mobile customer to not join. Instead of making it right and losing out on just $100 credit and receiving good praises, a great review, and continuous good remarks to my friends, families, relatives, etc., and have the potential of receiving even more customers, Boost Mobile will lose even more money in the long run from my experience.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

If I could give this company a less than 1-star review I would do it. They are not customer-oriented and from the experience I have had with their customer service, no one there knows what they are doing. In anticipation of changing my cell service to Boost, I tried several times to assure that the phones I currently have (iPhone 5s) were compatible with Boost by trying to call customer service. I found a listing of phones which were supposed to be compatible, so knowing I would need a new phone for a new line I needed to add, I went on .com and ordered a phone. Much to my surprise and frustration, after going to a local Boost outlet to discuss the activation/change of service, they didn't know if my phone would work - actually 1st said it would. They had to "try to activate" my phone on their service to determine it would not.

Long story short, I could not use the Boost Mobile service and the new phone had not arrived yet. When the new phone arrived (Nov 5, 2017) it was late evening so I tried to call Boost customer service on Nov 6 2017 for assistance in returning the phone for a refund since I could not change service. The customer service number, when answered, immediately wants a valid Boost phone number, which I did not have since I did not activate the phone. They give you 3 options: 1) to activate a phone 2) problems with reactivation of a phone or 3) other. Again you are asked for a phone number and if you don't have one you are instructed to press # which immediately says "Thank you for calling Boost Mobile. Goodbye". After multiple attempts to get to an actual person I finally got a gentleman on the phone who said he would help me. His English was POOR and I constantly had to ask him to repeat himself.

I explained my situation and after he put me on hold several times, told me that I could return the phone. At the end of approximately 40 minutes on the phone with him, he issued me a return authorization and order number and when I questioned him about getting a full refund, he had me wait on hold again and when he came back said yes I would be refunded the purchase amount and that he would be sending me an envelope for the return and it would arrive in 5-7 days. He also told me he had taken care of entering the reason for return into the computer and had processed the return request. When this envelope did not arrive by Nov 21, I went through the same process of trying to call without success so I went on Facebook and contacted them through messenger explaining in full what had transpired and included the RMA and order numbers.

After a 40-minute wait, a person responded and first question was "when did you get the phone". Next I was asked if I received a work order number for the envelope since they normally did not send out return envelopes. I repeated again repeated what I had already send and I was informed that "unfortunately, it was too late to return this item for refund"!!! Then they sent me an address for me to return the phone to!!! I responded "What would make a sane person return a phone that was paid for already to Boost if they are not going to issue me a refund???" I then told them I wanted the name, address and phone number of a supervisor and it had better be one who spoke English - to which they sent me the same number I had already called for customer service! What a joke! I would NEVER RECOMMEND Boost Mobile to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

the wi-fi worked fine from 6-9-17 till 10-30-17 when it said - no signal - then when you call it is almost impossible to reach a human and when you do they can't speak English well enough to understand also when I asked to get my 50.00 dollars for a re-boost card I could not use and the wi-fi device that won't work because it says - no signal - they won't refund my money so they just stole 100.00 dollars from me by deceptive means. I see them as thieves. Don't waste your money with this company.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I paid for my account and they totally refused to help me even though I've been with them over 3 yrs paying 42 a month... Now you do the math... My phone got disconnected and the reps gave me the only attitude about the situation... Bunch of **.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Assuming you set up auto pay and never have to call support, I'd give Boost Mobile a few more stars. I have 2 sons, each with a Boost Mobile phone, they generally don't have any signal issues. We're in the suburbs of Philly. My older son's phone was starting to have device issues, so as an early Christmas present - I decided to get them both updated phones.

Nov. 7, 2017, I waited for a deal and planned on ordering a Galaxy S8 and an iPhone S. Using my phone/Safari I went to the Boost Mobile website, added the phones to my cart and upon checking out, the order was denied. A second later I received a text notification from my credit card for potential fraud. I responded back to the text and the card was activated again. I clicked the back button in the browser to the checkout page and clicked submit. I then noticed that the cost jumped up and it added another iPhone to the purchase. The total should have been $694 and it was $863. When I hit the back button in the browser, it must have added the last phone I added to the cart again. Total Changed to the card thus far: $863.

I immediately tried to call and reach someone to cancel the order. I was bounced around in an IVR for a few minutes and getting hung up on repeatedly. 10 minutes later and 4 calls in and the IVR started stating it was outside of business hours. I then immediately sent an email explaining the situation to try to fix or cancel the order. Beyond that there was nothing else I could do that evening.

Nov. 8, first thing in the morning I call Boost again. And again, it's a pain to get ahold of anyone. After repeated attempts, I stumbled on a way to get ahold of a live person. They informed me that they could cancel the order and I could order again, but the original order was already in the distribution center and it could still be delivered. They gave me instructions to just deny shipment when it arrived and when it arrives back to the distro center, my credit card would be refunded. So I went ahead and ordered again. Total Changed to the card thus far: $1557. Total to be refunded: $863. Nov. 11, I receive 2 emails stating both packages would be delivered on Nov. 13th. They had stated that they might not be able to stop that first package, so that was perfectly okay and I anticipated just denying the first package.

Nov. 13, I receive 2 FedEx emails stating both packages were recalled and will be sent back to sender. I called FedEx to clear it up and they said Boost requested both packages be sent back to the sender and there was nothing they could do. I called Boost and they said only 1 order was cancelled and they were not sure why both were being returned. Boost said both would now need to be cancelled and I would get a refund when they arrive back at the distro center. They said I would need to place another order to get the phones. Being frustrated, I said I would log in later and maybe do it. Total Changed to the card thus far: $1557. Total to be refunded: $1557.

Nov. 14, I logged into the Boost website and the promotion code I used was no longer valid. As I placed the order the week before and someone messed up somewhere with cancelling it, I called Boost again to figure out how I could get the same discounted price. I talked to one person for 10 minutes who transferred me to another whom I spoke with for another 10 minutes. He escalated and said he might be able to get the original correct order shipped back to me. I sat on hold for 15 minutes before being hung up on.

I called back and had to explain the situation again to one person for another 10 minutes, eventually being transferred again. Speaking with the new person, she mentioned there was no way to have the original package sent back to me. That I would need to place the order without the discounted price and they could credit my Boost account with the difference. Not being particularly all that happy with it, I delayed for a little bit - but finally said let's just do it. She ran my credit card again and the order was placed with expedited 2-day shipping. Total Changed to the card thus far: $2309. Total to be refunded: $1557.

Shortly after, I receive an email notification saying the order was cancelled. I call them back up, have to spend 10 minutes explaining the situation again, get transferred, another 10 minutes - and the gentlemen tells me that because I used the same email address 3 times, it was flagged as fraud and it was canceled and that I would have to place another order with a different email address. Sigh. So, I have him process the order again with a different email. He gives me his every assurance that this order will work and be delivered in 2 days. Total Changed to the card thus far: $3061. Total to be refunded: $2309.

30 minutes later... Order cancellation email comes through. I once again, call them back up and have to explain the situation. After being on hold for a bit, he says that the order was flagged as potential fraud but they were working with the sales department to push through the order. Hold for a little more, and then he comes back and says "good news" they were able to keep the same order and it will be processed as is.

So... Just to order 2 phones... Cost of phones: $694. Total Changed to the card thus far: $3061. Total to be refunded: $2309. Total time spent on phone with Boost: 5 hours 6 minutes. Everyone was generally nice and apologetic. That said. If their support processes worked properly, none of this should have happened. Unbelievable.

Issue #1: Ordering over mobile has issues. Issue #2: Getting ahold of customer service is a pain. After multiple calls, I figured out a sequence of #s to hit to talk to someone - but it wasn't easy. Issue #3: Got hung up on a few times while sitting on hold. There was no callback and no easy way to continue the conversation with the person I was just speaking with. Issue #4: No one knowing how orders get magically cancelled or requests sent to FedEx to return the package back to the sender. Very frustrating.

Issue #5: When new folks looked at the notes on the account, they would state situations that did not occur. For instance, "Let me review the notes... I see based on your last call you are trying to do an RMA"... I had nothing delivered to do an RMA!! Issue #6: The "assurances" each time I got off the phone saying everything was taken care of. It was great being assured the order is processed and then 20 minutes later receiving a cancellation email. I also experienced an issue a year ago with their support, which I do not have the energy to go into here. Was not happy then either though.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I've been with Boost for over 10 years. I recently found out they've been overcharging me. I was on a 50$ plan some years ago, then they raised it to 60$. Today I found out through someone that they only pay 50$. They've been overcharging for who knows how long! I called today and talked to someone asking them about this. She just kept repeating their promotion is 50$ and my plan is grandfathered. I asked why didn't they lower my price to match everyone else's. She said they can't affect people's accounts.

I asked well why didn't they notify me through email or text like they do with privacy notices or when they raised prices. She wouldn't answer, just kept repeating the same line about promotions. I said, "So you've been overcharging me this whole time". She said, "No, you're on the 60$ plan". I said, "But there is no 60$ plan, you just said that, there's only the 50$ plan and they have the same perks, ie unlimited talk, data, text, etc, and on the website there is no 60$ plan. You've been overcharging me!"

I finally asked to talk to a supervisor. They put me on hold for a long time, then someone who sounded exactly the same got on the phone and just kept repeating the same thing. And she said that basically it's my problem that I have been paying over 50$ because I didn't check the website or go to the store or see commercials on tv. She said they can not give me any reimbursed credit and would not admit that they've been scamming me/overcharging me for a long time now. They have low prices, but their customer service is horrible and they will scam you if they can. Their service is also **, internet in and out of service, phone calls off, lagging texts. They also have no care for loyal customers. Their phones become crappy after a few months as well. I just bought my phone this year and having issues with it (bad charging, storage, screen and internet freezing, etc). Don't expect good customer care if you go with Boost Mobile.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The price is $35.00, the service is great, no major problems in over 4 years and I highly recommend the flip phone for seniors who do not want to be tied to their phone.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Boost Mobile Company Information

www.boostmobile.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use