2.25/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

735 Boost Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I paid for my account and they totally refused to help me even though I've been with them over 3 yrs paying 42 a month... Now you do the math... My phone got disconnected and the reps gave me the only attitude about the situation... Bunch of **.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Assuming you set up auto pay and never have to call support, I'd give Boost Mobile a few more stars. I have 2 sons, each with a Boost Mobile phone, they generally don't have any signal issues. We're in the suburbs of Philly. My older son's phone was starting to have device issues, so as an early Christmas present - I decided to get them both updated phones.

Nov. 7, 2017, I waited for a deal and planned on ordering a Galaxy S8 and an iPhone S. Using my phone/Safari I went to the Boost Mobile website, added the phones to my cart and upon checking out, the order was denied. A second later I received a text notification from my credit card for potential fraud. I responded back to the text and the card was activated again. I clicked the back button in the browser to the checkout page and clicked submit. I then noticed that the cost jumped up and it added another iPhone to the purchase. The total should have been $694 and it was $863. When I hit the back button in the browser, it must have added the last phone I added to the cart again. Total Changed to the card thus far: $863.

I immediately tried to call and reach someone to cancel the order. I was bounced around in an IVR for a few minutes and getting hung up on repeatedly. 10 minutes later and 4 calls in and the IVR started stating it was outside of business hours. I then immediately sent an email explaining the situation to try to fix or cancel the order. Beyond that there was nothing else I could do that evening.

Nov. 8, first thing in the morning I call Boost again. And again, it's a pain to get ahold of anyone. After repeated attempts, I stumbled on a way to get ahold of a live person. They informed me that they could cancel the order and I could order again, but the original order was already in the distribution center and it could still be delivered. They gave me instructions to just deny shipment when it arrived and when it arrives back to the distro center, my credit card would be refunded. So I went ahead and ordered again. Total Changed to the card thus far: $1557. Total to be refunded: $863. Nov. 11, I receive 2 emails stating both packages would be delivered on Nov. 13th. They had stated that they might not be able to stop that first package, so that was perfectly okay and I anticipated just denying the first package.

Nov. 13, I receive 2 FedEx emails stating both packages were recalled and will be sent back to sender. I called FedEx to clear it up and they said Boost requested both packages be sent back to the sender and there was nothing they could do. I called Boost and they said only 1 order was cancelled and they were not sure why both were being returned. Boost said both would now need to be cancelled and I would get a refund when they arrive back at the distro center. They said I would need to place another order to get the phones. Being frustrated, I said I would log in later and maybe do it. Total Changed to the card thus far: $1557. Total to be refunded: $1557.

Nov. 14, I logged into the Boost website and the promotion code I used was no longer valid. As I placed the order the week before and someone messed up somewhere with cancelling it, I called Boost again to figure out how I could get the same discounted price. I talked to one person for 10 minutes who transferred me to another whom I spoke with for another 10 minutes. He escalated and said he might be able to get the original correct order shipped back to me. I sat on hold for 15 minutes before being hung up on.

I called back and had to explain the situation again to one person for another 10 minutes, eventually being transferred again. Speaking with the new person, she mentioned there was no way to have the original package sent back to me. That I would need to place the order without the discounted price and they could credit my Boost account with the difference. Not being particularly all that happy with it, I delayed for a little bit - but finally said let's just do it. She ran my credit card again and the order was placed with expedited 2-day shipping. Total Changed to the card thus far: $2309. Total to be refunded: $1557.

Shortly after, I receive an email notification saying the order was cancelled. I call them back up, have to spend 10 minutes explaining the situation again, get transferred, another 10 minutes - and the gentlemen tells me that because I used the same email address 3 times, it was flagged as fraud and it was canceled and that I would have to place another order with a different email address. Sigh. So, I have him process the order again with a different email. He gives me his every assurance that this order will work and be delivered in 2 days. Total Changed to the card thus far: $3061. Total to be refunded: $2309.

30 minutes later... Order cancellation email comes through. I once again, call them back up and have to explain the situation. After being on hold for a bit, he says that the order was flagged as potential fraud but they were working with the sales department to push through the order. Hold for a little more, and then he comes back and says "good news" they were able to keep the same order and it will be processed as is.

So... Just to order 2 phones... Cost of phones: $694. Total Changed to the card thus far: $3061. Total to be refunded: $2309. Total time spent on phone with Boost: 5 hours 6 minutes. Everyone was generally nice and apologetic. That said. If their support processes worked properly, none of this should have happened. Unbelievable.

Issue #1: Ordering over mobile has issues. Issue #2: Getting ahold of customer service is a pain. After multiple calls, I figured out a sequence of #s to hit to talk to someone - but it wasn't easy. Issue #3: Got hung up on a few times while sitting on hold. There was no callback and no easy way to continue the conversation with the person I was just speaking with. Issue #4: No one knowing how orders get magically cancelled or requests sent to FedEx to return the package back to the sender. Very frustrating.

Issue #5: When new folks looked at the notes on the account, they would state situations that did not occur. For instance, "Let me review the notes... I see based on your last call you are trying to do an RMA"... I had nothing delivered to do an RMA!! Issue #6: The "assurances" each time I got off the phone saying everything was taken care of. It was great being assured the order is processed and then 20 minutes later receiving a cancellation email. I also experienced an issue a year ago with their support, which I do not have the energy to go into here. Was not happy then either though.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I've been with Boost for over 10 years. I recently found out they've been overcharging me. I was on a 50$ plan some years ago, then they raised it to 60$. Today I found out through someone that they only pay 50$. They've been overcharging for who knows how long! I called today and talked to someone asking them about this. She just kept repeating their promotion is 50$ and my plan is grandfathered. I asked why didn't they lower my price to match everyone else's. She said they can't affect people's accounts.

I asked well why didn't they notify me through email or text like they do with privacy notices or when they raised prices. She wouldn't answer, just kept repeating the same line about promotions. I said, "So you've been overcharging me this whole time". She said, "No, you're on the 60$ plan". I said, "But there is no 60$ plan, you just said that, there's only the 50$ plan and they have the same perks, ie unlimited talk, data, text, etc, and on the website there is no 60$ plan. You've been overcharging me!"

I finally asked to talk to a supervisor. They put me on hold for a long time, then someone who sounded exactly the same got on the phone and just kept repeating the same thing. And she said that basically it's my problem that I have been paying over 50$ because I didn't check the website or go to the store or see commercials on tv. She said they can not give me any reimbursed credit and would not admit that they've been scamming me/overcharging me for a long time now. They have low prices, but their customer service is horrible and they will scam you if they can. Their service is also **, internet in and out of service, phone calls off, lagging texts. They also have no care for loyal customers. Their phones become crappy after a few months as well. I just bought my phone this year and having issues with it (bad charging, storage, screen and internet freezing, etc). Don't expect good customer care if you go with Boost Mobile.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The price is $35.00, the service is great, no major problems in over 4 years and I highly recommend the flip phone for seniors who do not want to be tied to their phone.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

In the course of 4 days, the Boost Dealz app has consumed 1.2 GB of my cellular data. Boost Mobile sells data for $5/GB, which means that the $5 credit I am supposed to receive is less than the cost of the 1.2GB of cellular data that was used by the app. IMO, that is deceptive trade practices and consumer fraud.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boost Mobile?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Boost Mobile offers really reliable service. The internet is very easy to use and it's high speed. Taking photos is a snap and bill paying is quite simple too. I really enjoy Boost Mobile!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Boost has been great for me and I've been with them 12 years. They are very customer-oriented and that is very important to me. Responsiveness is critical in a service world.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I was recently planning a visit to the UK to my mother. I called BOOST regarding 'unlocking' my iPhone 6. I've owned it for nearly two years so, when I eventually got the 'person' involved in this process. He verified my details and said, 'Your phone is unlocked'. Great I thought, I can now purchase a SIM card in UK and use my phone over there. Not the case. I try the SIM, and I keep getting a 'Your phone is locked' message. I think this must be an error, and visit a top tech store for help. The gent verified that my phone was indeed still locked!!! I was fuming, time wasted, out of pocket, no phone to use as planned.

On returning to the US (Calif) I visited a Boost store, and wasted over ONE HOUR of my life, while a nice, but, not well-trained person called Boost numbers and we BOTH waited, and waited, and etc!!! Then, once connected, she asked the person a question and was cut off!! SO, another call, more waiting. Then, transferred to another person for more waiting.

At the end of all this I am informed they can unlock my phone but that will be the end of my BOOST account. I asked, "Is that the way you treat a long-time customer?" But, that's just the way it is -- so don't attempt to SIM your Boost phone folks they'll just drop you and your account. It's basically a 'dark age' of phone companies now; plus, the help service gets worse and worse; I'm told that my data usage (no more than I've ever used) is nearly gone before the end of each month (no doubt an attempt to get me to buy more?); and, I recently tried to get onto the internet just outside San Diego to call Uber, only to not get service, when all others around me were connecting… so, Boost obviously feel they have enough customers to bully and kick around. It'll soon be gone and so will Boost.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Have been with provider for a while. Have never had a dropped. They always give ample time to pay bill. I am very satisfied with Boost, the price is right for the service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Boost Mobile is just right for me. I pay $30.00 per mo. which includes unlimited everything. I've had my phone for about a year and I have not called customer support because I have not had any issues. Works for me. I've had dropped calls but who doesn't!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Boost Mobile is a very easy company to go through. No contract, can't go over on your bill, no hidden charges. Reliable service & I get service almost everywhere I go. I have been with this company for a few years now & definitely wouldn't switch to another company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have had very little trouble with Boost mobile. I have taken it to various street from vacation and I have had reception all the time. I have a family plan for my whole family and Boost mobile works very well for us.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I've been with Boost Mobile for at least 3 or 4 years now. Recently my Galaxy j3 6 screen broke, and I had to switch back to my Prevail LTE which is junk. I saw a Boost Up program in store, $1 down and 8 a month for a phone I wanted. So I asked the representative in the store, who wasn't sure why I wasn't qualified. So I called the service #, and got some terrible English-speaking person as usual. They told me that I didn't qualify because I didn't make 12 on time payments, which is a joke. I have a 14 day grace period for billing, and I haven’t missed one payment since I got the phone.

So they refused to give me the reboost after THREE YEARS of being a LOYAL customer! What the hell? Really? I responded that I have been with them and have not been disconnected in two years, but they still refused. I'm done, I've had it. I have been with them for 3 years at least, and this is how they treat me as a customer? Yeah no. Unless I get this damn upgrade, I'm done. This is the SECOND time I had to fight with them. Last time was over refer a friend, I had to fight for THREE MONTHS to get my discount, and I had to report them to the BBB. I've absolutely HAD it with this crappy company, and will be looking into AT&T once Christmas hits.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The first time I bought this phone (2016)... Was when everything was all good. But lately I just paid my bill ($69.00). For unlimited as always when I pay. But now my phone keeps saying I don't have enough space on my phone to download apps. And I've deleted every pics that was on my phone. (Even my kids) pictures... just to see if it was gonna let me download them. But to no luck. Only to download one app at a time. INSTEAD of a FEW APPS... When I have all the space to download. Why am I paying for unlimited data and unlimited everything when I can't even download games and other apps?? Screw Boost Mobile. I'm about to switch phone service... cause this ** is blowing me with the lies they tell... I recommend for ppl to NOT GO with BOOST MOBILE for YOUR PHONE SERVICE... THANK YOU.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

All phone company only want the customer money, don't give the service promise. We feeling sad because they never have a solution for any problem, and the customer service don't do nothing.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had unfortunately left Metro PCS in order to get a supposed better deal with Boost Mobile, but that was a BIG mistake!! I bought an iPhone 6 thru Boost Mobile and according to their map it should have covered my area but in reality it didn't. I was able to use it sometimes depending on the area I was in. I told them about it, thinking they would help me but they didn't. I switched companies due to the lack of service in my area and Boost Mobile refused to unlock my iPhone that I paid for because I didn't stay with them for 12 months.

They didn't seem to understand that it would be pointless for me to pay for a service that doesn't work in my area. I understand that they have a policy but they are falsely advertising with their coverage map! I will never do business with them again. It is sad that they lie to people in order to get business. I almost forgot to mention that I had also bought 3 other phones that same day for my family. The whole thing was a waste of time and money.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Paid insurance on my son's phone for over a year until his backpack was stolen (with his phone inside) the same evening that his bill was due. I got to work the next day and tried to file a claim online and Brightstar denied it. Called customer service on the 24th and they escalated it to Boost's corporate for permission to replace it. Told me to call back on the 27th. Well, I just got off the phone with them and Boost has decided that our claim would be denied indefinitely because I called to file the initial claim a day after his bill was due.

The funny part is that they REALLY think that I'm going buy a phone from them for FULL PRICE and then turn around and get his service turned back on. LMAOO! Not gonna happen. Not only did they just lose a customer, but they've lost an entire family of customers because I'm switching my entire family over to Verizon. Boost is just another name for SPRINT so I wasn't surprised by the lack of customer service and their willingness to lose a customer at all.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have a great representative at Boost Mobile. He's very competent at his job, great salesmanship (Not too pushy)! I like the fact that I can still receive incoming calls with limited phone service due to making a late payment! Great deals with first purchase, (free phone, etc)!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Very spotty for actual voice conversations, otherwise text, Google, other features are great. Customer service has improved over time, but honestly rarely need to use it. Price I pay for service beats all others hands down.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Boost Mobile is awesome for tight budgets. Not overpriced. Coverage is great. And there are deals for acct credit always available. Thank you very much and good day.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I switched to Boost from Metro PCS and got an iPhone 6 32gb which I was really really wanting and with unlimited data at $50 which is what I was paying at Metro. It was perfect. The salesperson who sold me the phone told me that I would have amazing coverage at my home which made it more perfect. I was lied to. I live pretty much in the middle of town and my service is so slow it's ridiculous. I go to other parts of town and I either have no service at all or I have great service. I almost wanna move to the great service part of town and I would if I could afford it. I can't do anything while I'm in my home; I can’t get on Facebook, I can't play any of the games I have on my phone, I can't access internet. Sometimes texts and calls won't go through because my signal is so poor. I'm mostly mad because I was lied to just to make a sale. Looks like I'm just gonna go back to Metro where the service was always excellent.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

What a nightmare! About a month ago my phone fell and the screen cracked. I was thankful that I had purchased and paid monthly for phone protection plan. (Now on side note, the Star Insurance company is horrible and that's a different complaint). Now a month later I decided I wanted to leave and return to Metro PCS. And here is when I learned that since my phone had been in my possession for only a month my phone was lock for good. I couldn't transfer my phone. The phone would be lock for one year.

This company enslaves its customers into its business even when you're dissatisfied. I was told if I wanted to leave I must either wait 11 months or sell my phone to a Boost mobile store. This company's policy is disgraceful. I recommend people to stay away. Don't buy their phone or give your money to insurance plan. STAY AWAY. You will regret doing business with this company. I know I do. Sincerely locked in a service plan with a disgraceful company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I first joined Boost, when it was one of the few pre-paid wireless providers that made it easy. I've had service with them for 7 years, no problem. I am currently on the West Coast, but when traveling to the East Coast, service is non-existent. My one and only complaint is that after being with them for this long that there are no concessions. The 'preferred' plan is very helpful. You can still receive calls and texts, but cannot call-out or reply back. Once you re-boost, that time that you couldn't actually use your phone is still part of that extra time.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Boost Mobile service just sucks. I had them for years in December. I switched to Metro but ended up switching back because Metro didn't have any service on my drive to work. I purchased the iPhone 6s Plus in March. For the last 4/5 months I've been calling about an issue that has yet to be resolved. I called them to have my phone unlocked so that I could switch to Verizon prepaid. They first told me that the phone had to be on the account for at least six months before that could be done.

Once they saw I met the criteria I was then told I had to wait until March of next year. If I'm not connected to WiFi no internet. The last CSR told me it was due to so many lines hitting the same tower at the same time. Needless to say they refused to unlock and told me I should sell it to someone who has a Boost service. The phone is paid for. I should be able to do with it as I please. I am not happy with Boost Mobile. The service sucks. If you're thinking of trying them you should reconsider.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

WORST SERVICE BOTH in each Boost office & staff & horrible in private use. Boost office staff are incompetent, not able to answer all questions/interest well or don't want to & are VERY argumentative. Went to TWO (2) different offices, both the same. TERRIBLE!! Went back to cancel service the next day & this guy refused to allow us to cancel nor refund our money THOUGH the service didn't function for us at all in our areas.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Just wanting to let everyone know that if you have a Sprint account, you should not try to change to Boost Mobile. Since Sprint is a mother company of Boost, The transfer is a nightmare. If you purchase a phone online, you can not get it activated since you have a account with Sprint. When you try to contact their customer service, you can't because you don't have a Boost account. It took me almost 2 months trying to get a refund for a purchase online. Also if you do migrate your number over to Boost, they will not give you any promotions and possible you will have to get a new number.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

In anticipation of Hurricane Irma on 9/6/17 I went into a local Boost Mobile store here in New Port Richey & purchased an iPhone & Boost Mobile monthly coverage for $57.00 a month. I picked the iPhone since it is a brand name. On 9/8/17, I left my apartment in New Port Richey & went up to Ocala to stay with friends during the hurricane since I am elderly & didn't want to be alone for this hurricane. For some reason this hurricane scared me. Well wasn't I surprised when my cell phone didn't get any coverage while I was up there. I tried getting a signal by plugging the phone into the USB port in my car but then it meant I would have to turn my car on to get it to work & gas was a precious commodity at that time. My friends whom I was staying with had cell phone service at all times but they use Verizon (shame on me).

Since we were cautioned not to go on the road directly after the hurricane hit & gas was still hard to come by I had to sit & wait for a couple of days with no cell service of my own. On 9/13/17, I headed back to New Port Richey since I felt it was safe to do so. Although I did rent a motel room in Pasco County just in case. On 9/14/17 I went directly to the Boost Mobile store where I spent the $323.13 for the phone & service to complain about this no cell service etc and all I got was "oh well you're past the 7 days return policy". HUH. Well sorry about that I was stopped by a hurricane & the aftermath. Couldn't get here sooner.

Not being able to do a return & get my money back to go to Verizon who offers the same deal on prepaid phone service I sent a complaint to Boost Mobile via their website asking to unlock the phone so I could go to Verizon using the same phone since in addition to paying for the iPhone at Boost I also bought Apple insurance via Apple for an additional $106.00 (approximately), so now I'm out $429.13+. I received NO answer or contact from Boost Mobile via the website complaint so I complained on Twitter also & gave them all the info plus my home number & have heard nothing from them either. Complaining at the store definitely got me nowhere. The clerk thinks this is funny.

In addition on the day I did the original purchase I had also purchased a travel charger & when I got out to my car I realized I had a USB port in my car (senior moment) & didn't need the charger so I went right back & the clerk issued me a credit for the $16.04 which I am still waiting to hit my credit card so I reported that missing credit to my credit card company. So once again a Florida company has taken me over for my money. I would like a return of my money so I can go elsewhere & get a phone & coverage that works.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

The service is ok but charging me way I go into pay cash. They charge me 3 dollars to pay cash. Otherwise the service is decent but the charging when I pay cash is stupid.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I've never had a problem and their service is great. Gives me just what I need nothing more nothing less and a great price. I think people would find them to be very satisfactory for their cell phone service.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I was on Sprint many years, I was dumped, he finally released my number to me. That's why to save money I went to Boost Mobile, prepaid spend down. Works very well for me. I enjoy my phone and texting very much.

Boost Mobile expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. The company was founded in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand and became available in the United States the following year. It offers unlimited prepaid cell phone service for smartphones.

• Boost Dealz: Customers who download and use the Boost Dealz app from the Google Play store can receive a $5 discount on their service each month. The app plays videos and shows ads every time the phone is unlocked. If users regularly view ads, they receive the discount.

• Data packs: Customers who occasionally need extra data can buy data packs when they exceed their high speed data limit. Data in data packs is available for 30 days, and prices start at $5.

• Incoming calls/texts on unpaid accounts: Boost customers who have not paid their monthly service charges can continue to receive incoming calls and text messages for 60 days.

• Features: All Boost Mobile plans include call waiting, voicemail and three-way calling for free. Consumers can also add on boostTV, a television streaming service, mobile hotspot connectivity and phone insurance.

• Music streaming: When customers subscribe to any Boost Mobile data plan, they can download one of the company’s partner music streaming apps and then stream music without having it use their allotted high speed data. Partner apps include Pandora, Spotify and others.

• Best for: Boost Mobile is best for parents and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs