3.6/5 (808 ratings)

About AT&T Wireless

AT&T Wireless is the cellular branch of AT&T services. The company offers a variety of plan options to suit every customer's needs. Choices include unlimited text, talk and data plans, shared data plans and prepaid options. Customers can get a new phone from AT&T when they purchase a plan or continue using their current one.

Pros

• Several plan options
  • Includes streaming services
  • Wide range of coverage

Cons

• Low limits before data throttling
  • Not the cheapest plans

Bottom Line

AT&T Wireless offers cell phone plans with unlimited talk, text and data and mobile sharing plans. No-commitment prepaid plans are also available. AT&T isn’t the cheapest wireless company, but it’s a good option.

Top AT&T Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

AT&T has always given me the best rate. I have been using them for over 12 years. I remember when I had my new iPhone… and the screen broke within a month. AT&T was so kind to giv...

Verified

I have had AT&T phone service for about 12 years and I have been very pleased with my service. I haven't had any problem so far and so I would highly recommend AT&T… I plan to st...

What is AT&T Wireless?

AT&T Wireless offers a wide variety of plans for customers to choose from. These include both mobile share and unlimited plans. Each plan is available for one to four phone lines.

The company’s mobile share plans include:

• AT&T Mobile Share Plus 3GB comes with unlimited talk and text, 3 GB of data, standard-definition streaming, a mobile hotspot, rollover data and talk, text and data for Mexico.
  • AT&T Mobile Share Plus 9GB has a larger package with unlimited talk and text with 9 GB of data. It also includes standard-definition streaming, a mobile hotspot, rollover data and talk, text and data for Mexico.

AT&T Wireless’ unlimited plans are:

• AT&T Unlimited Starter comes with unlimited talk, text and data, standard-definition streaming, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.
  • AT&T Unlimited Extra includes unlimited talk, text, data and 60 GB of premium data, standard-definition streaming, 15 GB of mobile hotspot data per line, 5G access, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.
  • AT&T Unlimited Elite has unlimited talk, text, data and 100 GB of premium data, high-definition streaming, 30 GB of mobile hotspot data per line, 5G access, HBO Max, unlimited texting from the U.S. to more than 120 countries, device security, fraud blocking and spam risk alerts.

AT&T is also easily accessible and has more than 5,500 stores in the U.S. The company provides good international perks — select plans have unlimited texting to more than 190 countries, picture and video messaging to 120 countries and unlimited talk, text and data in Mexico and Canada. Reasonably priced add-ons are also available for other plans.

If you’re interested in streaming with unlimited plans, it’s important to note that only the Elite plan offers high-definition streams. The Starter and Extra plans only include standard-definition streaming. AT&T customers should also be aware of the company’s policy on slowing data during busy periods.

AT&T Wireless prices

AT&T is most cost-friendly for families because the cost of each line goes down as you add phones. It also offers several discount opportunities for customers. Some businesses, schools or organizations take part in the AT&T Signature Program. Eligible customers can get discounts through participating companies. Discounts are also available for:

• Teachers
  • Nurses
  • Physicians
  • Military
  • First responders

Plan prices vary depending on the number of lines you have.

• Mobile share 3GB plan: $50 to $120 per month
  • Mobile share 9GB plan: $60 to $140 per month
  • Unlimited Starter plan: $65 to $140 per month
  • Unlimited Extra plan: $75 to $160 per month
  • Elite plan: $85 to $200 per month

AT&T Wireless FAQ

How do I find my AT&T Wireless number?
You can go to your myAT&T profile and check your contact info. Click on the “Phone” tab. Your AT&T Wireless number is listed there.
How do I access my AT&T Wireless account?
To access your AT&T Wireless account, you first have to create a User ID and password. Once you’ve done that, you can sign in and access your AT&T Wireless account.
Who owns AT&T Wireless?
AT&T Inc. owns AT&T Wireless.
Can you bundle AT&T Wireless and internet?
AT&T offers bundles for wireless and internet. Purchasing a bundle gets customers perks and helps save money.
How do I pay my AT&T Wireless bill?
AT&T Wireless offers several ways for customers to pay their bills. This includes by phone, online using the website or mobile app, in-person or automatically with a credit card.

Is AT&T Wireless good?

AT&T Wireless is one of the biggest names in American cell phone providers. There are a variety of options for customers looking for cell phone plans, and customers can get unlimited or mobile share packages for up to four phones. It’s always worth checking reviews to see if a cellphone provider has good coverage in your area, but AT&T is a good option for those looking for wireless phone service.

AT&T Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We switched from another carrier due to high bills and bad customer service. When we started with AT&T, we notice no dropped calls, better customer service and easier bills to understand. The plans were much cheaper than our previous provider. We got some additional incentives for being military, and we sure do appreciate the recognizing our military. I’m not sure if we’ll upgrade anything but I’m glad we’re with this company. Thanks for great service. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I've been with my cell phone company for 4 months after switching from a company I had for several years. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. They turned my service off not for lack of pay but for lack of me using my phone daily. Had to go through a million different things to have it restored. Now I feel as though they are spying on me.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Overall, they have been a pretty good and a dependable company. My biggest issue is when I upgrade my lines, every couple of years, they always say all these fees are being waived but I always have to call in and spend 3 hours on the line disputing the charges. Granted, they have always removed them it but the hassle of having to spend 3 hours of a busy day on the phone is unnecessary. I recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Sadly not covered any longer for Free Apple repairs or service (Expired). I wish for the price of this cell phone Apple MNCP2J/A that the warranty would continue much longer for ease of mind and monies. If AT&T's product is so good in their mind wouldn't it be fair in saying that they should stand behind their product for more coverage usage. AT&T should demand that their cell phone companies stand behind their phone company products much better.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I have been with AT&T since 2007. I have always been happy with their customer service. It was the best. In the past two years I can however tell something is different and not for the good. I have such a hard time getting in touch with an actual person and then automated stuff is a joke- it never heard correctly and you get redirected I. Circles then the call disconnects - ugh. Honestly when it comes to getting in touch with someone on the phone I feel humans work best.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

My husband and I had AT&T's prepaid service for many years and were happy with our $25. a mo. each service. When he passed, I decided to buy a new phone and use his easier number, put it in my name and cancel my #. Sounds simple huh? AT&T said "no problem" but there has been nothing but problems! Every time I try to get help from them, of course I get transferred to different people, put on hold a LONG time, cut off, etc. like everyone else. But the worse thing is - they can never find my service. I have to give them all my information and phone #, they call me back with a pin # which never works, then they lie to me and say my problem is solved!

After 2 months, I finally went to my local store because I was promised a 5G upgrade for free which I never got. The person there said my number was still listed under my husband's name that is why they couldn't find it and I would have to bring his DEATH CERTIFICATE in order to keep his #!!! Can you believe that? I've been paying the bill in my name and his number for months. Also, I can't get 5G as I was told I could without buying another new phone and paying more for the service! I am so sick of their lies and bad service I'm complaining online to every place I can! I wish I could give them a - one star!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

$100 refund was supposed to be available when I clicked the link because I’m overcharged all the time. It keeps telling me I’m going to be reimbursed and I haven’t seen a red cent! Someone please help me get my money back.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I am 75 yrs old. I had tv, landline phone and wireless with ATT. A year ago I called to cancel my phone service since the phone was old and no longer worked. The ATT representative said it would be cancelled. A few months later called to make sure the landline was cancelled because there was no decrease in the bill. Again was assured that the landline cancelled. A year later I moved to be near my son and cancelled service entirely. At that time the rep said I had been charged for landline phone for the entire previous year. He said it was $36 every month. The final bill listed $49 a month. I really could not afford this but ATT didn't care.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

My bill keeps going up and up and up and I’m on a fixed income. About rate of change from AT&T Phone company I don’t know why they got kind of plan they have me on but it’s not working for us. It’s way too expensive and my husband has a flip phone. I have an iPhone. I don’t know why my bill can be $165 a month.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

For quality and dependency, I do not recommended AT&T for home internet. I was paying for unlimited data, however there isn't unlimited data. I was paying over $500/month for glitches and slow internet access.

AT&T Wireless Company Information