ATN/American Telecom

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased 3 phones from a T-Mobile authorized dealer (American Telecommunications - 1768, located at 116 28 Queens Boulevard, Forest Hills, NY 11375). I was told that I would not be charged anything if I returned them within 14 days. The very next day, I returned the 3 phones, in the same exact box and same exact condition in the bag (T-Mobile was giving the same phones for free). I was still charged a re-stocking fee, despite the fact that the store told me that I would not be charged anything.

Now, the store bills me some charge every month and T-Mobile is supporting them as they will not stop the store from charging all these charges. Please help.

I was told my rebate not in system for about 8 months.Then it was in systemfor several months. Then it wasn't accepted because I never activated the phone (wich I did and have name of person I spoke to) and on the other they said I didn't send a barcode which I did and have a copy of as well as the original box with the barcode cut out.

Then someone said they'd resubmit it and get back to me shortly. Nobody called or wrote. Then I emailed the above mentionedpeople after over a year, who apologized and said they were having technical and communication difficulties. They said they'd get back to mebut they couldn't say when.

Now going on 2 years my emails are going ignored. Once about 4-5 months ago I got an email asking where I purchased the phone. They asked if I tried returning phone to store, which I can't because the barcode is cut out , which they claim I never sent them. There are no phone numbers to call. I'm $20 short of what I was promised.

I purchased a Pay N'Talk phone from Rite Aid on March 17, 2008. American Telecom advertised in Rite Aid's circular that the phone would sell for $19.99 less mfg. on-pack rebate of $10.00 and less mfg. bonus rebate of $10.00 making the phone FREE. I received a rebate form and mailed it accordingly.

I entered an Account Card Pin and an account card and my card was activated on 4/6/08. All this per the rebates instructions. Rebate was to take 10-12 weeks. You are given a new number when you call. When you go to it states that your status is not currently available.

I have called numerous times. Most of the time I can't get through. Once on 8/8/08 I spoke with Janice at 1:52 p.m. and tried to give her the new address. She wouldn't even take it. I try calling all day several times a week. I get a message that the call volume is too high and they can't take my call. I wrote Rite Aid and they state they are no longer affiliated with them. I had the BBB try and help me but received an email stating that they got no response to two inquiries.

ATS is not giving out the rebates they claim. Rebate papers were sent in early November 2007. They have on their website an incorrect amount of rebate ($10) that was supposed to be sent out in May 2008. I wrote them that they owed me ($20) and afterwards the website still said $10 and now without a date.

Customer service reps for the company, not the rebate division, insists they are running behind schedule. Yet they have the same phones advertised in different retail stores. And you cannot get hold of them (rebate dept.) via telephone, only by e-mail. I've called the customer service numerous times and they cannot answer or will not answer but will just say, they are behind in rebates.

On 12/05/07, in response to my inquiry regarding my rebate, ATS wrote that they had not forgotten and that I would receive my rebate shortly. When I did not receive my rebate as promised, I sent another email on 1/12/08 requesting the status of my $15 rebate.

No response, so I emailed again on 1/21/08. In the interim, I have called their 800 customer service number only to be told that the only information they can provide me is to send another email. My rebate was filed August 23, 2007, I complied with all requirements, and they acknowledged receipt of my rebate request. It is unreasonable to take 7 months to process a rebate claim.

I have expressed my concern to the Walgreen's store where I purchased the phone. They are still selling these phones and offering rebates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ATN/American Telecom?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

They promised a $50.00 rebate if I bought their phone. I have waited since 06/07 for the check. Every time I call they say that the claim is valid and please be patient, they are behind. You can't talk to anyone but the person who answers the phone because everyone else doesn't have a phone.

Just plain tired of the run around. Look on the internet. People have been fighting them since '06 for rebates. It is a scam. Office Depot is scamming everyone since they continue to sell the phones. Class Action them.

A $10.00 rebate was submitted, and I cannot even contact the rebate center; the phone number gives a web site which does not exist. I also cannot contact the manufacturer, as I do not have a phone number or address.

My $10.00 rebate is not able to be verified.

I mailed in my rebate in Jan 2006, and received notice (after the rebate was supposed to end in Mar 2007) the UPCs were not included with the rebate. They were, I photocopied them as proof, but I never received my 2 rebate checks; one for $20 and the other for $50. I resent the copies of the UPCs but never heard anything about the rebates again.

The consequences were I bought an overpriced phone in the end. There were much nicer phones at a lower price, but with the rebates they were more appealing at the time than the other selections

American Telecom promised two rebates if buy a home phone from them: one for $50 and the other for $20. I bought it and submitted these two rebate forms in March, 2007, and they acknowledged that they received them on 3/16/07. However, it's been 8 eight months and still no rebates. The forms say should receive them within 3 months. Therefore I am requesting them to give me my money back.

ATN/American Telecom Company Profile