It's that easy Request Information
4.54/5
Based on 6,833 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Asurion helps people protect, connect and enjoy the latest tech – to make life a little easier. Every day our 19,000 experts help more than 300 million people around the world solve the most common and uncommon tech issues. We’re just a call, tap, click or visit away for everything from getting a next-day replacement of your smartphone, to helping you stream or connect with no buffering, bumps or bewilderment. We think you should stay connected and get the most from the tech you love... no matter the type of tech or where you purchased it.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Asurion Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I left my phone in a groove of my Jeep between front windshield & groove for hood while watering Plants on a very hot NC day for an ailing Sr Citizen in NC & awaiting a few calls. My hubby was unaware my cell was there & took our Jeep to do some grocery shopping a few miles away while I was watering plants on side of house, thus not see his departure with our car. When he returned, I asked him if he had my phone & took it off the front of driver's side before he left & he said, "NO!" We immediately got into our Jeep & retraced his entire route ="NO LUCK!!!" We immediately went to the nearest Verizon Store near Benson, NC & they 1st checked if it had been used once it slid off the Jeep=NOT USED YET at that time. Thanks to the Cell Phone Insurance we had purchased we were able to replace my valuable cell phone & all its data when we returned.

We did have to pay a fee for new phone as per our Insurance Agreement we had purchased less than a year before! The NC:Verizon Store ordered a new phone(same model) to be sent to my home in Neptune, NJ & as we returned to our home 3 days later; my mailman handed me the package with an exact replica of my "lost phone" & I dashed to my Ocean Township, NJ Verizon Store to have ALL MY DESPERATELY NEEDED DATA, PHONE #'s, etc stored in my "LOST PHONE". I WAS SO GLAD I HAD QUALITY INSURANCE WITH MY VALUABLE PHONE as I had several elderly relatives & friends that happened to have medical issues in US & Europe, that my cell phone was my & their lifeline to help them with calling nurses/doctors/families. I can only praise the Insurance Co & Verizon Stores in Benson, NC & Ocean Township, NJ for assisting me to get such Great 5*Service!

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

My husband and I have replaced close to a dozen phones with Asurion, mostly damaged and some lost. Each time the process is fast, there are zero questions or skepticism, and the folks are courteous. I've done as many as three phone replacements in a month without any problems. You are even sent a send back envelope when the phone is lost in case you find it. We have actually found 2 of our lost phones and sent them back! When you file a claim and have to send back a phone they don't even care what IMEI you send back, as my husband and I have identical phones, and sometimes we will switch phones while waiting for the replacement, depending who may have the more urgent need for a phone at the time (like one of us waiting on a job call or one of us having to go to work when the other one is at home).

I almost wanted to rate this a 4 because the address portion of an online claim doesn't work for me. Where I live I do not receive postal mail, it ONLY goes through a PO Box, but since Asurion won't allow PO Boxes it fails the address validation every time. So each time I start a claim online I am forced to call and speak to a representative so they can enter my address manually. It's to the point where I just pick up the phone and call because I know I'm going to have to speak with a representative, and they too seem so surprised when it comes time for the address validation portion.

Also, my most recently replaced phone had a very minor defective display out of the box, but for 1 out of 12 or so phones it's really not that big of a deal. When I really think about my entire history with Asurion, I have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars by having the service, and those two criticisms pale in comparison to the money I have saved on replacing phones. I will NEVER own another phone without Asurion protection.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I just want to let everyone know that I had some challenging issues when I began my claim. A claim I really had not intended to make, as I was going to upgrade instead, but the "Samsung Note 10 won't be out until August 2019." Nevertheless, my claim begins with the prospect of becoming a very unpleasant experience, and I was looking forward to a very irritating encounter that would eventually frustrate me more, and place an unfair burden on those trying to assist me as best they could, with the rules and procedures that are taught to follow. Having to answer calls by the luck of the draw, every representative cringes when they know what the customer want is not something that is "normally" done, and they know they still must be professional as they represent the company, and rudeness is generally not tolerated by anyone in upper management so ending the call 'sine die' only means the client will call back even more upset.

Now, I’m an easy person, to deal with, really, but I have followed rules all my 60+ years of life, and I have made exceptions when I saw the need, and surmised that it was the best way to appease all involved with no loss of their dignity. I think that is the proper way all businesses serving people should operate. Be safe, be secure, but be fair. Regardless of what I needed from a customer, I always knew enough that if I didn't get it, I was 100% sure of the person whom I was assisting, was that person. One-hundred percent!

Nevertheless, my challenges were quickly overcome by the wonderful assistance by Customer Service Representative, Kerri. In addition to her seeing that my problem was solved, and satisfactorily I will add, her explanations even presented me with a learning opportunity that I will surely look into to. Kerri was most helpful with her assistance. The personal attention was something I needed and I appreciate her working in my behalf. When it was all said and done, the resolution gave me good confidence in her abilities, as she definitely displayed an expression of empathy for my situation.

Sometimes when you deal with insurance companies and the like, they love to be iron maidens with a client/customer, not taking the time to find out what they can do, just being repetitive with telling you what they cannot do. I thank her very much for the ‘can do’ spirit she exhibited. Asurion should be glad they have someone like Kerri in their arsenal. Thank you, too, Asurion for allowing Kerri do what she did, for the best interest of the client, me!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Representative was great and easy to use. Quick mail out and received quickly. Replacement already missing a volume key after 30 min of handling it to load items and it is lost. Not sure to keep or return. Should not be that way to break so quick not evening handling it long.

Asurion response

Hi Amy, I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us. However, I am sorry you are having trouble with your replacement. Rest assured your device does come with a 12-month limited warranty in the case of malfunction or defect as long as there is no physical or water damage on the device. If you are still having trouble with your device, feel free to contact me here with your name, telephone number, carrier, and best contact information. - Tasha

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

At first I was very disappointed as I have dealt with you in the past and never had a problem. But after all the issues got worked out I was very happy... I'm also old enough to know that the days of (the customer is always right!) is long gone. People have gotten so corrupt and or just plain manipulative and sketchy! I can totally understand your hesitation to file claims as fast as you did 10 years ago! I reiterate people are sketchy, as I've heard stories about adults bragging to the fact of how easy they ripped off such similar companies, in which I always grow very upset for the basic fact that the price always gets raised and only hurts the loyal honest consumer! A few times after contacting you guys I had the misfortunate of being stuck on the phones with one gentleman who either thought I was lying didn't know what I was talking about or was plain dumb... I'm sooo glad.

I had AT&T listening so they could see what was going on and that I was in the know (a manager of Asurion want to say) kept going on with me in a not very nice tone thinking I was lying about which phone I owned. I only have one other line and I pay $260 a month in cell phone fees and services, that's nothing to be proud of but it also irritated me that a fellow Asurion worker took up all my free time and basically arguing back and forth the fact I was mistaken are wrong in this conversation. Needless to say I wasn't and when it was all over I had AT&T on the other line still listening going that was crazy and I said, "Thank God you were listening" and sometimes I think human beings sometimes need that assurance that the problem did not lie with them with being over-sensitive, or just plain won't admit when they are wrong.

Other than that I'm very happy with my new phone that you guys replace for me... Thank you very much and I will as well as my spouse continue to keep doing business with your company... Hope your holidays are well and have a great New Year. PS I did take my phone at FedEx so if you could let me know that you guys got it that would be great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Asurion?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I must say my experience with Asurion was Awesome!!! Customer service was awesome. They explained the process to the “T”! I received my phone in less than 2 days!!! I am a very happy customer!! All of the insurance money paid off!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

This was my first use of my warranty.. The process and my experience was great! The replacement phone was received in a timely manner and Protech was very helpful in answering my questions. I would recommend this process (if needed).

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Verizon rep gave me the Asurion phone number and it was simple from thereon. The mailer came with my new phone and the transfer of data took no time at all. My new phone is working as if my problem never happened.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Asurion was great. My sons phone would not turn on. Had a replacement sent to my home 2 days later. Unfortunately we were not able to transfer data due to his phone not turning on but most of it was saved on the memory card and in the cloud.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Phone came quick, service was awesome. The person who called to help out setting phone up was very helpful. If I ever purchase another phone I will use this company again for insurance. It was easy to get a claim going, go on internet, go to site and just fill out the questions and bang you are done.

Asurion Company Information