ALLTEL

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Alltel sold out to AT&T. They asked me to pick my phones from an inferior phone that I had. They did not offer the Razor Maxx. I did pick 2 phones and they were not up to par. I returned them. I could not get any help from the local Alltel store. They said I would have to contact AT&T after trying several times. I finally gave up. The Alltel store closed and switched over to AT&T. I went there twice at 10 am and they were not open. I had been an Altell customer for over 20 years. I did not like the way AT&T was was doing the transition so I switched my numbers to Verizon.

Like I said I had been a loyal customer for over 20 years both in business and personal phones. Alltel sent me my final bill $48.98 for part of the month used and Then $350.00 for early termination of contract. I did not terminate my contract they did by selling to AT&T and not giving me service I signed up for. They would not even tell me when my contract expires. And it was no longer available on their website. I called Alltel and they said I had to pay the termination fee and if I didn't they would just turn it over to a collection agency. Lots of luck there. I am not paying something. They changed the contract, not me. I guess the lawyer will have to work it out. Anybody else had this problem?

I complained about the service from the 2nd day I got my phone. Everyone I called they said the service would get better once at&t takes over. That is 3 months away. I even called tech support. Still no help. I canceled my service and they want me to pay a fee for early cancellation. Well, I didn't get service so they ain't getting no more money. Fair is fair. It bites don't it???

Well two weeks ago my phone was working fine, good signal, everything. Now nothing. Called an agent, told me there is nothing they could do. What gives, I've recommended people to Alltel. Now I wish I hadn't. But. They still want that $250.00 payment a month. What a joke. Alltel sucks!!!!! Please nobody get Alltel.

I call as soon as I received my hotspot over and over. Tech finally get me online. Sometimes it took two or three days, and the system goes back out after a while. Alltel Wireless changed my hotspot, which, after a few days to a week, stop loading the internet. This went on with the hotspot over a period of 3 to 4 months. At first, when they replace it, this went on for 2 more months: "No service", "No service", "No service", "The tower is not near you", so I ask them to cancel the service before my bill gets sky high. Even though I paid my bill, they still did not fix the problem. The open a case for the hotspot will never got resolve. They just bill me their conclusion even though I barely had internet.

I had 4 other family member who was going to get Alltel Hotspot but didn't want to go through what I was continuing to go through. When I went to the service center about my hotspot performance, stupid, yeah. I purchased a phone. When my brother and I tried to return their faulty equipment, they said we couldn't even though my services wasn't working properly and they charge me at first $440.00. Now, since I don't have the service, they are charging me 1,440.00 for equipment and billing. They didn't want the equipment back but they sent me a bill. On one of my bills, the phone was only $56.00 for the phone; on the overall bill, it's over $1,400.00.

I still never got continuous service in my home or other placing unless I use other WiFi. Also, I was told Alltel would open a case and they didn't. I had to call them and I told the lady I didn't want to be billed for a faulty service and I needed to return the phone before 15 days. She said "Don't worry, our tech need to check connection in your area." I kept calling them and calling them. They said they have a case but I never answered my phone. I told them that all the calls to me was muffled if they called, but I call almost everyday throughout the day. Over and over, the same: no internet or the program froze.

I had my computer look at and told them the computer charge me $10.00 instead of the normal $50.00 a week or less. Later, he check it again and charged me nothing but told me change my service, the signal was not reaching my computer properly. Alltel said the tech fix the problem after my phone and internet was threaten to be cut off, but I told them nothing had change since the first couple of weeks I paid them, because I assume they would fix the connection. They just passed the dialogue and put inside supervisors who are collector to give me the mumbo-jumbo that I still had to pay a bill that I couldn't use properly.

I am disputing this bill because I never got good service from Alltel Wireless. They really made a lot of money on unsuspecting customers and that's very undermining and the consumers suffers. This was so frustrating. It cause me time and money, aggravation. It was terrible. Now they are sending me a final bill over a thousand dollars because they didn't fix the problem, and we -- my brother and i -- who had separate accounts could not return our Alltel equipment to the local store in Americus, Ga.

Alltel told me that the area I would be using the phone in had great coverage. I told them it had to be because I use my phone for work. Well, the coverage is awful and I miss at least 7 to 10 calls daily, lose 4 to 5 calls daily and have to drive to a different area sometimes to make a call. It is causing problems with my job and has almost gotten me fired. I have been dealing with this and Alltel customer service for months now. The Alltel store that sold me the phone said that all I had to do was prove my coverage was bad to Alltel CS and I could end the contract. First, they try to tell you that you need to call them from a phone other than yours FROM THE AREA WITH NO SIGNAL so they can update the phone. Like I just have an extra cell phone all the time. So I dealt with trying to do that for 2 weeks until they finally said they would send me a new phone to see if that was the problem.

Well, they sent me the new phone WITHOUT AN SD CARD, made me send mine back that had the SD card and REFUSED TO REPLACE THE SD CARD. But the problem persisted with the new phone as I told them it would as it is the coverage that's bad not the phones. The CS rep (LESLIE) also said that if the new phone didn't work, then she would "open a case" and work towards getting me out of my contract. When I called her to get that started, she told me that she never said that and the only thing she did say was that I could NEVER get out of the contract unless I paid $575 because my HOME BILLING ADDRESS had no coverage problems!!! WHAT'S THE USE OF A CELL PHONE IF I ONLY USE IT AT HOME!!! So while I'm on the phone with her, I lost my signal. I called back and lost the call again. Then I called back, got another rep and have to start all over with her again from the beginning and she wants me to go to another phone and call her so she can update mine which I left work early to do and the only thing she does is have me dial *221 from on my phone and try the update which we find is already updated as much as possible as I promised her it was. Then I lost the call.

So, I gave it a couple of more weeks and just dealt with it, but it got worse and I am receiving voicemails when I get no calls and not getting texts until hours after they're sent. I have to take an early day from work to try to deal with this at their store. FINALLY, ANOTHER PERSON TELLS ME THEY'RE GOING TO OPEN A CASE on me and have a technical rep keep track of my phone and calls. She tells me someone is to contact me at my no. within the next 2 days. Of course, I never got a call. So I called back today and let them know that no one had contacted me and they told me that someone tried to contact the other number on my account. I asked them why because my phone is the one with the problem and they said because I will have to be TALKING TO THEM FROM ANOTHER PHONE SO THEY CAN UPDATE MINE!!! I am at work! I can't just have 2 phones for 4 months straight to play games with these people. FURTHERMORE, THE GIRL THAT SET "THE CASE" UP KNEW THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE THAT OTHER PHONE.

Now, they give me the no. to call technical support, but I have to do so within 2 weeks, but not 2 weeks from now, 2 weeks starting when they called the wrong phone. So I called the no. as soon as I got it and of course, no one answers and I left a message which I am sure will not be returned. These people are riding rough shot on me and numerous other people in this area that have their service. The signals are horrible and they make you jump through hoops and just play games with you hoping that you'll give up. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALLTEL?

I called CS to see if I would be charged for making a call to another Alltel customer, and the agent I spoke with basically told me no, that the call would be free. It would be considered mobile-to-mobile. He even went about suggesting that I tell my friends and family who were not with Alltel to text me during the day and when 9 pm came to call, to avoid being charged for daytime min. I thanked him for the information and proceeded to make the phone call. While on the phone with my friend (Alltel Customer), I heard a busy signal, which usually indicates that my balance is extremely low and that my services are about to be suspended immediately. I then hastily ended the phone conversation and called CS.

When I got in touch with an agent and explained the situation to him, he said that the charges were valid and that there was nothing that could be done about it. So I then asked to be transferred to a supervisor who had the authority to make those decisions. He proceeded to do so. When the young lady got on the line, she listened to me explain the story yet AGAIN, and advised me of the same thing the agent prior to her did. I then became very frustrated. The conversation with her went nowhere. I broke the situation down all the way to the point of explaining how the company should take responsibility for the call because I was ill advised by their agent. All she kept mentioning was that the account wasn't notated and they couldn't even refer back to whom I actually spoke to.

This pissed me off because they had the evidence of me calling in to the company; whether or not the agent performed his full duties or not is not my damn job. The company is responsible for that! So, I then got transferred to yet another agent, who told me the same BS. They were completely unwilling to fix, help, or satisfy me (as a customer) in the situation, which baffles me. Due to the fact that I was advised to make the call under the guidance of their customer service reps. I was told over and over that they would NOT award me with any min. nor would my money for the call be reimbursed to me. I became very irate, especially after speaking with an agent, and three supervisors. Hell; what's the purpose for their chain of command???!!! They don't resolve problems! I feel like the agent I first spoke with who gave this information pimped me and the Alltell company backed him by leaving me with no choice but to go buy (spend more UNNECESSARY money) another phone card or don't have any service.

The thing that made me go to this extent with my complaint was that the last supervisor I spoke with, told me that there is a dept. who does nothing but listen to customer service calls and they would look into this situation, but I will not be notified nor reimbursed for the situation. I won't receive even a phone call with an apology or an equivalent of my money lost. That was the deal breaker for me. As a company, it is their job to ensure that their customers remain their customers and to draw in more new customers so that the company would thrive and flourish in such a competitive market. This behavior of the people who work for Alltel and their policy proves to me that for them it's all about a dollar, by any means necessary. If they take it or you incur charges based off of their ill-advisement, it's just money lost for the customers and they are not going to do anything about it. Once they've got it, they're keeping it, however they went about getting it, good or bad.

I now look at them as thieves. This prepaid phone service has been nothing but a money pit! You would think it would be simple, not having to abide by the boundaries of a contract, but they charge you in more ways than you could ever imagine. And they just want you to continue spending your money. No adjustments are made for the company's wrongdoing, nor do they act as if they care if you're even a customer. But I know who they won't have to worry about calling in to CS anymore... ME! I'm through with this cheating company and I would advise NO ONE to start a service with them. YOU WILL LOSE MONEY IN THE END!!!! Pick any other company except this one. If I had the willpower to have this company shut down, I would actively do so.

I have never felt the need to write a negative review on a company until today. I have had nothing but bad information and service from Alltel for the past two-and-a-half years. The latest is calling in about my minutes, because I was being sent an automated message that I was getting close to going over. When I looked at my account online, I was not close to going over, and when I talked to a representative on the phone, I again was not close to going over and it was near the end date of my billing cycle. When I got my bill, I was over. I told them I felt like I tried to get good information from them but they did not provide it! But I was the one paying for it. As I said, this is one thing in a long line of misinformation and service, and I will not be renewing my contract!!!

About 3 1/2 years ago, I signed up for one of Alltel's wireless internet cards to use on my home computer. The reason that I signed up was that I was moving to an address that did not have any type of high speed internet available at all. I had looked at satellite internet, but based on price and performance, the wireless card from Alltel appeared to be my best option. I specifically asked the sales associate to check the address where I was moving to see how my coverage would be. She checked and assured me that we were in a very strong service area. Turns out she lied. We were on the border between a mediocre service area and an area with no service at all.

Usually, we could manage 2-3 bars of service - some days more and some days none at all. The performance was bad. I made repeated calls to see if anything could be done to enhance performance, but with no success. My download speed was probably an average of 250 kbps. Yes, kilobytes, not megabytes. I was told I should have 1.5 Mbps average. The only reason I kept the service was that it was still faster than dial-up; and to have dial-up, I would have to add a home phone which I didn't need and pay NetZero $10/month. Combined with the phone bill, it would have been only slightly less than my Alltel bill.

One representative told me that if I found a more viable option to contact Alltel, and they would release me from my contract. About a year ago, I found a better option in a Verizon MiFi device. So I contacted Alltel, but they refused to let me out of my contract. I stopped making payments; and within a couple months, they turned it over to collections. The collections agency contacted me to set up a payment. I specifically asked if this would be the last I heard from Alltel. The agent assured me that the payment included a termination fee and that the account would be closed. He lied also.

About 2 months later, I got a bill from Alltel. Apparently, they had put the device back into service. I called and spoke to an agent and explained the situation. He said the representative for the collection's agency must have misunderstood and that the payment was simply to catch up the past due amount. I told him about not having good service after being told I would, and that one of their representatives had told me that if I found a better option they would let me out of the contract. He said they would investigate the situation and try to determine if my service really was as bad as I say. He said I would hear from them within a month or so. Well, I never heard a thing from them. But about 2 1/2-3 months later, I received another call from a collection agency. I decided just to go ahead and pay the $130 just to get off my credit and out of my life.

Well I just bought my wife a car. Turns out that 4 months after being paid that debt was still on my credit report, and it was reporting (according to my credit union) as the worst possible negative rating. I called Alltel and the collection agency, and they both said the account was at a zero balance. It just hadn't shown up on my credit report yet. Long story short, instead of a 2% interest rate, I'm now paying 5% because of Alltel. I will never do business with Alltel again. Not only that, but I will make it my mission in life to tell everyone I know about my experience with this company. I intend to report them to the BBB and every other agency and website I can find. I will do everything in my power to make sure I make as big an impact as I can on Alltel's wallet. Understand that I am a person with a very good credit history, not a deadbeat who does not pay his bills.

I have been with Alltel a long time with both my cell phone and an internet card. A couple of months ago, an authorized sales associate put a phone on the line that had my internet card on it. She even admitted that she saw it was an internet card line when she put the cell phone on it. I called Alltel about it within 30 minutes of the change, and Alltel refused to correct the mistake that their sales associate made because they no longer offered that plan. I finally got a gentleman who said that he could give me local unlimited data on my internet card instead of the nationwide that I had, and it was going to be $5 more a month.

I agreed to this, then I got my recent bill only to discover that I did not have unlimited data and got hit with $80 in overage charges because I only had 5mb of data. What good is 5mb of data for my home internet provider? Again, I called Alltel and they once again refused to honor what the sales representative told me because they don't offer that plan. I have had nothing but problems out of Alltel for the last couple of years. I would not recommend them to anyone, and I am researching other providers so that I can drop Alltel. They are a terrible company for customer service.

There are no promotions or deals for existing customers. I decided to switch to Straight Talk only to lose my phone number, get billed for 3 extra months and then get sent to collection agency all over 30 something dollars, and all they could have done was look to see how many minutes I used (which was 0 for those 3 months they won't turn my service off) and let me keep my phone number to transfer to Straight Talk - but no, they just milked all the money they could from me.

I purchased a cell phone over the phone with the representative on November 30th. I was supposed to receive it on Monday, which would be in the 4th of December, but it was received by another residence on for another address within my application. I have not been compensated a phone or my refund yet. It has been a whole week since I have made that purchase over the phone. They keep telling me 2 days, 3 days, 7 days or 9 days. FedEx is also an included party because they should be able to double check whoever is receiving the package from Alltel. I have a disappointed child and as a consumer, I'm disappointed with Alltel because I think they should be more professional. Since the holiday is around, they should be more precise on deliveries in orders made.

I cannot receive calls from landlines. We just keep getting the runaround. This one is working on it, that one is working on it. They promise to call you back; they won't call. We finally got a customer service rep to say the ticket has been completed, then denied he said it because as long as the ticket is open, there is no legal way to get out of the contract without paying the disconnection fee. We have been customers since 1989. They don't care. I'm going to a lawyer in the morning.

I went to upgrade my phone and the rep told me I could not keep my unlimited data. Then she said under the new plan, she could save me $5.00 and she stated she had never seen anyone go over the data. Since this new plan, an older phone that never used any data all of a sudden is using lots of data. It's suspicious... the new plan supposed to save is costing me $30 more a month. I had been with them 14 years. I would not advise anyone to get their phones.

I called Alltel a few weeks ago and asked about turning on the Wi-Fi hotspot feature on my phone and they informed me it was an extra $20.00 a month for that feature. I asked the customer service rep if there was a limit on the data I could use. She said due to the fact that I had an unlimited data plan, that there was no limit on the data I could use. The only thing she informed was once I hit a certain amount of data usage in a month, they would slow my speeds down. So, I had her add the hotspot feature to my plan and 2 or 3 weeks later, I went to make a call from my cell while I was at work and it took me to Alltel's customer service center. They informed me that I had used too much data and I had to switch to a new plan with limited data or I would have to cancel my contract with them and find a new cellular provider.

Now since I was told I had unlimited data, I canceled my Dish Network service and my previous internet service due to the fact that I could watch Netflix through the internet service on my phone. Well now, I lost my unlimited internet since I canceled it to use the hotspot on my phone and I lost the promotion for the Dish Network service also. I asked Alltel repeatedly why I am being forced to switch to a new plan or cancel my service. The only answer they can give me is that I used too much data. Last I checked, unlimited means you do not have a cap on your data usage especially when I specifically asked the customer service rep who signed me up for the hotspot feature if there was a limit on the data usage. I strongly advise people to stay away from Alltel and Verizon!

We have had nothing but problems with our phones! They don't work in our house, they go to roaming in many of the towns we go to and they shut off when we try to send text messages! We have called and complained time and time again. Over and over, the same problems! We call you and you send us through all this take your battery out, now do this, then do this. Nothing has worked! We are very unhappy and want out of this contract! Please!

On 4/11/12, I called AllTel (800 number) to have my daughter's phone disconnected. She moved to Alabama with her job and does have AllTel service. In fact, there is not an AllTel Store within 100 miles of her location. The young man I spoke to said he understood and since they did not provide service, he would waive the early cancellation fee of $200. I thanked him and went about my business. About 4 weeks later, I received my bill. It was for over $300. You guessed it, the bill included the $200 early termination fee. On 5/18/12, I went to two local AllTel locations. The first is privately owned and tried to help but told me I needed to go to the corporate store. I did, and the young lady was very helpful. She contacted corporate and instructed me on what to do. I was to provide a copy of my daughter's driver's license or electric bill with her "new" permanent address. I did this only this morning (6/12/12).

I discovered my phone was deactivated, because I did not pay the $200 termination fee, which I was led to believe was waived twice. I called the 800 number and was told this only applies for the person whose name is on the contract. Of course, I was never told this. I paid the $200 this afternoon; however, when my contract ends in December, I will no longer give my business to AllTel! It is not that $200 makes or breaks me, but it's the dishonest, misleading customer service group that makes me want to disassociate myself from AllTel. By the way, the person I spoke to today indicated he could see where all I've stated is true.

Oct. to Dec. 2011, I did not receive a bill. Per Alltel customer service rep, Lisa, it was due to system error. This error left me with a bill which was over $1,700, which was the total of three months bill and so called overage charges! I called every week when I discovered that I was not receiving a bill starting in Oct. to Jan. informing the reps that something was wrong and they informed me that if I was notified of my bill within in 30 days of each billing cycle that I will not be charged. Long story short, I was informed that I will receive a credit in the amount of $1139. I am just receiving a credit in the amount of $912.19, not for the confirmed amount of $1139. I called and spoke with the rep, Marcus, today who could not explain why the full credit was not applied! I now have a bill in the amount of $537.76, which includes the remaining credit of $227! I want my remaining credit applied! Please let me know what I need to do! Thank God my contracts ends in Sept.12. I will definitely be running away from Alltel!

On November 2011, I received $400+ phone bill. I called the company and was told do not pay, it is their new computer program COMPASS issue which will be resolved. Next month, I received a $700+ phone bill. I was told not to pay due to the same computer issue. In the meantime, I did pay my usual bill amount of $189 and change. It is now April. I have been calling every 1-2 weeks to get the bill taken care of. I have been told my multiple employees that they will open a case.

In the meantime, since August, I had been trying to get the ALLTEL teacher discount that they offered. It was rejected because the phone bill was in my husband’s name as primary, not mine. He signed a waiver to change to my name. Service was not changed. It turns out they started a new service for us in my name and "disconnected" his. Our service did not change. We now get two bills one for $622 that is from November and mine that is correct. I continue to pay mine but now I am getting letters that he will be turned over to collections if we don't pay $622. I do believe that I owe $189 for January after being told to not pay the bill so many months I do think that one bill was missed. I will pay $189 will not pay $622.

The awesome local ALLTEL (privately owned store) manager informed us that the whole issue started because we have been customers so long that the plan we were on with 1,000 texts per phone was changed unknown to us to a plan of 1,000 texts for 5 phones. We then went over on texts. ALLTEL also with Compass dropped all 25 of our MyCircle numbers, again unknown to us. Who do I talk to? What do I do now? I am up to calling every day and getting nowhere. Two floor supervisors have promised to call me back once they have taken care of the matter. Never have I been called back.

I have names and ID numbers for all the people I talked to that told me not to pay. Do I need a lawyer? We have super credit and I do not want it ruined, but I am determined to not pay this bill. They changed my program, I did not. They erased my numbers in MyCircle, I did not. Please advise me on what to do now.

I have unlimited data on my phone, yet I have multiple charges on my March 2012 bill that say Data CL,X. I share 750 Anytime minutes with my husband, and we have never come close to going over our allotted minutes. However, several of these unexplained data calls took place during "anytime" air time and ate up all of our 750 minutes. Therefore, we went way over our 750 minutes and were charged $0.40/minute overage.

I lock my phone in my car and turn it off while I am at work, so there is no way my phone received data during the day. Plus, I have unlimited data anyway. Also, several of the charges occurred at overlapping times (I was charged twice for the same air time.). I have spoken to several ALLTEL representatives, none of whom was willing to assist me in any way. They just said the charges were valid and I owe the amount of the bill. My current bill is $424.84. My bill every month is $132.19, so I paid that amount. They said I still owe the $292.65.

I have a prepaid account for my daughter - 75c per day for unlimited nights and weekends and unlimited text. We have had this account for years, and then all of the sudden and out of the blue, the phone was suspended with cash on it. When I called to see what was going on, I was told that because it was voice roaming, they were dropping the service and basically stated that we were no longer welcome as a customer at ALLTEL.

I was so upset, because 1) my daughter needs a way to contact me when she is away from home and 2) because we live out in the middle of nowhere in Brantley County, GA, there isn't a better provider with service. Trust me, I have been switched to Verizon and had to walk out to the median on the highway to get a signal to do anything. I have also had AT&T, which never worked here; and both charged you whether you were able to use the service or not. ALLTEL said to try Sprint. However, Sprint does not have a good prepaid coverage here either.

As a paying customer, I don't think it is right for them to just drop a paying customer like a hot potato when they feel like it. Back in August 2011, they were aware that her phone was in a continuous roaming situation, unless we travel 60-80 miles away from home. Completely cutting the communication lines between a 15-year-old girl from her family in this day and time is not only dangerous for her, but also stressful for me as her mother. I guess instead of hearing from her in case of an emergency, I will have to sit by the phone or listen for a knock on the door that something has happened to my daughter, because she won't have a way to contact her family if something happens.

On February 25, 2012, I cancelled my cellular phone service with Alltel which I had with them and their predecessor for over twelve years. About six years ago, a job transfer required that I move from southern Illinois to Kentucky. Not wanting to change wireless providers, I went to my local Alltel store and agreed on a plan which would allow me to continue using them in Kentucky without roaming charges. Everything was fine until November 2011 when I did not receive a bill from Alltel.

After calling customer service to inquire about the non-billing, I was told they were making system upgrades and that I would be getting a bill within several days. About three weeks later I did get a bill, but every phone call I had made had been charged a roaming fee. After another call to customer service and thirty- five minutes of reprogramming my phone with technical support, I was satisfied that my problem was resolved.

My bill had also been adjusted to reflect their "roaming charge" error. By now it's early February 2012 and I get my Alltel bill in the mail and once again roaming is being charged on every phone call. I decided to document my complaint this time with an email to Alltel explaining the whole situation and politely asking for a speedy resolution. Several days later, I received a return email explaining that because of recent system upgrades, that Alltel no longer has roaming agreements with other wireless carriers in Kentucky and that I'm stuck with the roaming charges!

To keep from being too long winded, I made a couple of more calls to Alltel (dysfunctional) customer service and basically got the same response from the rep and her supervisor. My reply to them was to cancel my service with Alltel and I will find another wireless provider who appreciates my business. By the way, I was never informed in advance by Alltel about being charged roaming fees. When my I pay my most recent Alltel bill in a few days, they will only receive my regular agreed upon payment. Maybe I'm not stuck with the roaming charges.

I bought a new phone and signed a new two year contract with Alltel on 1-3-12. Well, I bought some land in a location where they were showing they offer service. My phone is roaming and my calls are not going through. I'm not staying connected to any of my calls; I missed 18 calls in one day so I went back to the dealer where I purchased the phone. I got one Alltel associate and she told me that I had 15 days. I said 30 day. She holds and says, "I'll see what I can do." She got up, went to the manager's office and came back out and said, "Sorry, you're under a two year contract. There is nothing I can do for you. Have a nice day."

I said, "I want to speak to the manager. Is this the way you handle and treat your customers? I bought this phone and you sold me a contract that you provide service in this area and your employee are snobs." She told me to get out or she'll call the police on me." I was only trying to get what I signed up to get and paid for. I am reporting this to FCC too.

Unexplained overage charges of $350. Customer service states they can not provide me with any information of the numbers that were called due to overage due to Alltel’s system new updates. My bill is $611! They are stating charges are valid; however, I haven't received a bill in 2 months. The billing representative was not helpful and had poor customer service. Please help me!

I have been with Alltel for over 9 years. Several days ago my service was suspended with no warning! I contacted the agent and was informed that I stayed "online" too much and had gone over "5gs". I asked her what my PC had to do with my phone? I'm 50 and do not have a data phone or plan, and hate getting on my computer at home! She argued that I had a data phone and did stay online! She finally recognized my phone and admitted it was not a data phone, but still stuck to her ***! I asked her what I could do, as my mother's medical alert system is alerted into my phone and I have a heart and lung condition as well. She said there was nothing I could do because I simply went over my allotted usage, and nothing could be done. I asked if I can at least pay extra until we get it resolved, she said no. I called several more agents, was given several more numbers to call, was told it was due to their coverage not being in my area, the original excuse, and that the agent that set up my automatic payments forgot to key in my Jan. payment! I paid thru debit, and was told it would be 30.00 less due to the mistakes, but then the next day my bank statement reported the original payment!

I contacted the agent and he apologized, and "wiped out" my next month's bill due to all of the *** I had gone through. He told me how to check my data, in case someone had been 'getting into my system'. I did check and noticed on my data that the number 3g was showing almost each day. I called Alltel, they put a lock on my system, and I asked how I could check into it. They gave me another number, which I called and this blew me away! A lady comes on and starts with "Ma'am, I'm glad we are finally talking. I want to apologize for all of the lies that have been told to you all week, but now I'm going to tell you the truth". I didn't know what was about to happen! She then went on to say that the company could not service the area anymore, and they would be sending me a check for my equipment, but my service was going to be suspended permanently on Feb. 6, and there was nothing I could about it! I never got a straight answer as to whether or not anyone actually was in my system, and I asked her why didn't they just send a letter? She insisted they left me 4 messages, but I assure you I never received any message of any kind, regarding suspension of service or to contact them. I even contacted them regarding my bill set-up, and nothing was mentioned that I needed to contact or speak to anyone else! What *** service!

I have been a customer of Alltel for years. I have never had a problem with them. In July 2011, my son needed a phone, and I went to Alltel with him, and bought him a phone, and also subscribed to the roadside service. Approximately 2 hours after I purchased the phone, my son repeatedly tried to use it at the address he lives at, and he could not get any service. We carried the phone back to the store, and the rep said he had numerous complaints about poor service in that area, and he issued me a full refund on my debit card. I have my bank statement to prove this. In October, Alltel started calling me about a late bill that I owed. I had no idea what they were talking about. I always pay my bill on time. After numerous calls to me, at home and at my job, I, along with Alltel, finally figured out it was for the phone that I purchased in July. I explained the situation to the customer service rep, and he assured me that this matter would be handled.

Since then, Alltel continued to harass me, and finally turned me over to collections. Twice, I have taken off work, from the recommendation of Alltel, and have returned to the store. The first time, I spoke to a young man, who was supposedly the manager, and after I explained everything to him, he then informed me that his computers were down, but as soon as they come back up, he would handle the matter and clear my account. I asked for a call back to confirm this, and he said he would. I never received a call. I thought this had been cleared up, but in December, my account was turned over to a collection agency for $405.64. This was for the service from July until now.

When I canceled the plan the same day the phone was purchased, the rep never canceled the number, and I still was being billed for the phone. Apparently, there is no one at Alltel who can handle this matter. I do believe the president of the company must be the only person who has this authority. I have spoken to approximately 10 different customer service managers on the phone at different times, and each one assured me that they could handle this matter for me.

A dispute was filled out about this, and the last rep I spoke to said that they would investigate the bill and I would be notified. I was never contacted by Alltel, only the collection agency. I called Alltel back the last time, and the manager told me my bill was reviewed, and I do owe this amount. The only recommendation he had for me was to carry the bank statement, that showed the reimbursement on the same day as the purchase, back to the store ,and speak again with the manager. I did go to the store and asked for the manager, and he would not see me. Instead, a new young guy who had just started in the store spoke with him, and he told the guy that he would not do anything, until this new guy pulls up my information and reviews it. Apparently, the manager reviewed everything online, at the same time the rep did, and was able to speak back and forth with the rep on the computer, and ask questions to him so he could ask me.

Never did the manager step out and speak to me direct. Finally, the rep carried the manager a copy of my bank statement, and the manager agreed that they were in error and since this had been turned over to collections, he would have to email the Alltel corporate office, and have this removed from my account, and they would contact the collections office. I, at that time, requested to be contacted when this was done. All this information was typed on the computer, by the rep, on my account. This was at the beginning of January. As of 1-17, I have not heard from anyone from Alltel. I have heard from the collections agency again, and they said they have not been contacted about my account from Alltel. I don't know what else to do, other than contact a lawyer and sue. My credit has always been excellent, until this matter. Any advice?

I activated service in October 2011. I was told by the rep that the device had never been activated before. I was informed that the device had actually been activated in August 2011. I was told that the number had never been activated before. Immediately upon activation, I began receiving calls from people and companies looking for other people. I had to track down the Alltel rep to get my house charger cord at his motel. He never once returned my calls and when I was able to get a hold of him the next morning, the rep made notes on my account, accusing me of walking into his motel room and stalking him.

My calling plan, my account and my number was changed without my authorization. I was lied to by each and every single rep that I spoke with. More times than not I was even hung up on as well. I was even blamed for the problems on my account. The service (lack of) has been a complete nightmare and I will never again buy anything or ever do any type of business with Alltel Wireless.

Alltel Wireless customer for 10 years and recently they changed their payment procedure. They cashed my payment but I received no credit. I did receive calls stating they were going to discontinue my service! After 3 weeks, they finally told me they did receive my check and will be refunding it in 5 weeks!

I receive letters and phone calls to pay the amount owed on the services. I explained to the company that I had lost my primary income and would need to make a payment plan. The companies are not compassionate or considerate of the change in the economy. I would like to pay for the services that was actually used.

My son and I signed up for Alltel because he is in GA going to school. We signed up for a plan that was roughly $110 a month. They told me, after I inquired why my bill was so much, that I was not eligible for this plan. And they said that if I faxed a copy of my driver's license, I could get out of my contract. Mary told me this twice. I called for about 4 days in a row starting October 6. They have not responded to my request to disconnect, as Mary and several other associates had told me.

I had to file an insurance claim in February 2011. I was scheduled to stay over night in Statesboro, Georgia. So, I told the insurance agent I would pick my replacement phone up at the store there. I dealt with Jonathan and he replaced my phone with an HTC Desire, since my Motorola Milestone was out of stock. In September 2011, my phone was lost but later found in poor working condition. I called to do an insurance claim. I discovered that Jonathan had not added insurance back when my replacement phone had been issued and I was unable to get a new phone. I was told to clear the issue at the location where the mistake was made. Y

Yesterday (Oct. 5, 2011) I went into the store and again was sent to Jonathan. The store decided to do an in house insurance claim and get me a new phone. I was in the store for more than 2 hours due to the incompetence of Jonathan as well as the managers. I tried to use my phone once I got home about 2 and a half hours later and it did not work. He told me it would be active in about 30 minutes since it was a manual setup. I called customer service and discovered that the old damaged phone was still my active line and they had to fix the issue. I still had no insurance, in which I specifically asked Jonathan about. He assured me I did.

ALLTEL Company Profile