1.34/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

XO Communications

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

139 XO Communications Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2008

In the past two weeks I have recently started receiving calls. I did a reverse call look up and it is to Allegiance Telecom. I started to do research but of course their website does not work since the are no longer in business. Today alone I started getting calls at 8:00a.m. this phone number started calling and I finally started answering it tonight around 7. It is now 11:34p.m and I just got another call at 11:19pm. I have been on the no call list since Oct. 18, 2007 and I do not understand what is going on.

23 calls in one day is ridiculous! It rings but when answered nobody is on the other end of the call. Needless to say I have contacted an attorney and I am looking forward to hear what we ALL can do to get silence in our life again! If I can do anything else please let me know!!

I go to bed pretty early since I have 3 children and I work. I have wasted so many minutes trying to get somebody to be on the other end. I am now starting to twich everytime my phone rings. Plus I would love to sleep without being woke up because I forget to turn off my phone. Who knew being tortured by cell phone could even happen!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2008

Called me 4 times within my first complaint to you. I looked them up online and found Allegiance was taken over by XO communications. I called XO and they said the number belongs to VONAGE. I called them and of course got someone who speaks broken english.

They told me they would take care of it and I shouldn't receive any more calls from them. While on the phone with them my cell phone rings and guess who it was? I told the man on the phone this and all he said was Oh. Well I hope he puts a stop to it like he says he will.

Took me over an hour to finally get a hold of someone.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2008

Starting this past Saturday (08/02/08) someone has called my cell phone numerous times. Going through my call history, I counted 10 calls that day, one after 9 p.m. Having been a telemarketer before my present job, I know it is illegal to call a person after 9 p.m. in their time zone.

Today (08/04/08) I have so far been called 19 times. Twice the phone has been answered. Once I got a hang up, the other time they stayed on the line long enough to be told not to call again because all of it was unsolicited.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2008

Calls x2 a day on cell. Never answers and hangs up. Tried to call number back and its a disconnected number. How can that be possible? I did reverse lookup and found it belongs to Allegiance telecom. Tried to click their contact us link and it doesn't work.

Disrupts me at work. I am military and I receive these calls while at work thinking it is one of my soldiers.

Original review: July 31, 2008

They called me once after I applied for a Grant online. I told them I was not interested in what they were selling me. They have called me every 15 minutes since then for the last two days I had to shut my phone off and call verizon to get their number blocked. This is so annoying. I am calling the news tomorrow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XO Communications?

Original review: July 27, 2008

I have been getting phone calls started at 9:03am last call was 8:55pm every 5 - 2 min. I have told them I was not interested in whatever they offered any longer. Told them to stop calling and to remove my number. I at that point told them they are now harassing me. They talk over me as if I am not saying anything and continue with their pitch.

Sometimes when I pick up they just hang up or the ring once and it stops. I would never do business with any company who treats people this way. I can not have my phone on. I am a realtor and this is my life line! No phone... no appointments... no income. Not counting what it is doing to my nerves.

Original review: July 27, 2008

For the last week I have been receiving 10 to 15 calls a day, all hours of the day. When I call it back, it is disconnected. It ties up my phone and causes a lot of concern for my safety and security.

Original review: July 22, 2008

Recently I have been receiving calls. When I answer there is nothing. These calls came in 7/16 at 10:33 pm; 7/15 at 8:00 am, 11:45 am, 2:00 pm; 9:27 pm and again at 11:09 pm; then today on 7/22 at 10:14 am. I had investigated and tried to contact Allegiance Telecom Inc. When I dial back the number, it says no longer in service or not a working number.

I filed a complaint with the FCC and their response was they could do nothing. I did some further research and find that Allegiance Telecom is a subsidiary of XO Communications. I tried calling them, but get in to the loop and no results there. Wish someone would stop this immediately!

June 11 I underwent emergency surgery and was diagnosed with colon cancer. I am undergoing chemo treatments. I do not need this kind of harassment! As I only have a cell phone for emergencies, I do not need these Telemarketers calling me at all times of day and night.

Original review: July 22, 2008

I have been receiving phone calls at all hours of the day and night. The caller dials my cell phone number and when I pick up there is silence on the end of the line that lasts about 4 seconds before hanging up. This has been going on now for over 3 weeks. This happens 10-15 times a day. They call during the day, throughout the evening and well into the night.

I had not tried to contact this number but found out through your web site that it belongs to Allegiance Telecom Inc. I found this address on their web site but have not contacted them.

These people just don't quit. My cell phone rings during work hours, disrupting meetings and concentration. It rings during dinner, and well after bedtime. It is irritating along with utilizing minutes on my cell phone that could be used for more productive work. Can't somebody stop these people?

Original review: July 20, 2008

This company has been calling my wifes cell phone for the last 3 weeks. Usually 30 to 40 call a day morning and night. We have gone to the no call listing service, but takes 31 days to take effect. She has gotten into serious trouble at her work for cutting her phone off at night to avoid the every 10 minute calls.

We have contacted our phone service and they can not block this computer caller. We are just tired of the harrasment. There is no way to contact this company because the phone number is unavaliable. What a problem this has become. Something sure needs to be done with this company for the harrasment thay are dishing out.

My wife has been severly talked to about not answering her phone at night from her work. We hope she will not be fired.

Original review: July 16, 2008

Original review: July 12, 2008

I have been receiving phone calls at all hours of the day from 201-621-5696. The caller dials my cell phone number and when I pick up there is silence on the end of the line that lasts aproximately 3 seconds before hanging up. This has been going on now for approximately 5 weeks. The caller calls during the day and throughout the evening. I have tried to contact this number but it appears to be a non-working number. In actuality, however, this phone number belongs to Allegiance Telecom Inc. We have tried to reach them via their website but there is no working website for customer service. We have reported this to our local police department and Verizon.

The consequences that have resulted from these phone calls are lack of sleep, fear, and annoyance. Today between the hours of 8:56 am and 6:08 pm I have received 5 phone calls.

Original review: July 12, 2008

Original review: July 11, 2008

I have received over 100 phone call within the past 36 hours from this number. During a two hour time frame, this company will call up to 20 times. Upon ansering the phone, the caller will not say anything and will hang up under a mintue of air-time. On average, calls will run every 10 to 30 minutes from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. centeral standard time.

Overall, this company had cause frustration and a low cell phone battery. All I desire from this company is for them to discontinue calling my phone number

Original review: July 8, 2008

This company calls my cell phone 10-20 times a day! They offer some kind of government grant scam which I am not interested in. I finally answered this evening and told them that I am not interested and to stop calling me immediately. Ten minutes later they called again!

Making me crazy and tieing up my phone.

Original review: July 5, 2008

This phone number calls my cell phone up to 60 times a day. When I answer it there is no one there. They never leave a voice mail. I reverse called and found out the business name that way. I tried to call the number and it is not in service.

This is very annoying and it costs me money and minutes when I answer. It is disrupting my life to have them ringing my phone all day!

Original review: July 2, 2008

these people have constantly harrassed me, calling me every half hour, after I told them that I was not interested in goverment grants. Last night they called me 7 times, plus this morning at 8a.m. I have told them to remove me of there list. I have not applied for grants and don,t really know how they aquired my phone number.

just plain phone harrassment..

Original review: July 1, 2008

I receive from 30-50 calls a day from this number with no answer and try to call back and I am told the phone number is not in service. I work for a police department and this is eating up my minutes and tying up my phone. Thank you

Original review: June 28, 2008

I live in Canada and am receiving phone calls from this company several times a day. The latest was at 5 a.m. this morning when I was sound asleep. I called their number and the message is that they're not in service. Is there nothing that the FCC can do to stop this nonsense? We can't do anything about it from Canada.

Phone calls in the middle of the night are always frightening. I consider this ongoing issue to be harrassment that I would like to stop.

Original review: June 27, 2008

The phone number above has been call our cell phone and home phone multiple times a day. When checked by Time Warner Cable and Verizon Wireless it comes up as a number not in service, but the service provider is Allegiance Telecom. We want the call stop

using up cell phone minutes. Harassment phone call.

Original review: June 21, 2008

I too have experienced numerous calls from the same number every 15-30 minutes. Calls will start around 8:00am PST and usually end around 7:00pm. On one day I had 80 calls from this number! I have suffered extreme emotional stress due to this number. When I answer my phone no one is there and since I use this one for a backup it's a pre-paid. Even though I am only out around $50 I would be happy to spend much more just to have them stop. CLASS ACTION

About $50.00 and the harassment day in and day out for 2 weeks now.

Original review: June 11, 2008

The same phone number has been calling my wife's cell phone on average 15 times per day for the past month. Usually there is nothing on the other end of the phone when she answers, and never a message left. She did have a 'real' person once, and couldn't understand them.

She immediately asked for the manager to report the continuous barrage of calls, and to have her number removed from the call list. She was hung up on. I called the number back, to have a recording state that it was out of service. I called the number listed with the company's name and was linked with Verison. This is uncalled for, and more then a nuisance!

Multiple incoming calls on the cell phone eat up available minutes and have charges posted.

Original review: June 11, 2008

I have been recieving numerus calls a day. It may ring 2-3 times and when I call back the phone number is not in working service.

Economic damage is it is my cell phone so I am paying for them to ring my phone then hang up.

Original review: June 7, 2008

I have noticed that there are posted complaints against this company since 2002! Has any legal action been taken against them regarding these issues? Also, can anyone please post a VALID PHONE NUMBER OR ANY CONTACT INFO FOR THESE PEOPLE? I have two young children. These inepts will call starting at 7am until the wee hours at night. At this point no one can do anything about the calls because anyone has the right to call you, this from my phone company, IDT. I have been ultimately referred to 911. I would have to file a complaint with the police so that they can investigate. Can someone say CLASS ACTION?

I tremble anytime the phone rings, I feel like I'm in a terror flick. I worry all day about what to do if this keeps up for months. I am not about to give up my number. What is the point with these idiots? Needless to say, I am angry. I feel for the frightened 85-year-old gentleman that wrote about the same issue a while back. I hope something can be done for all of our sakes.

Original review: June 7, 2008

This number calls my cell phone repeatedly. It called 6 times within a half hour this morning alone.

A real nuisance.

Original review: June 6, 2008

This number has been calling me every 5-10 minutes for 3 days. If I answer, nobody is there. If I call the number, I get a tone. They are harassing and disrupting my life and business.

Tying up my phone, waking me at all hours, interrupting my business.

Original review: June 4, 2008

i have received as many as 12 calls from this phone number and theres no one on the other end, and when i try to call it back the recording tells me that the number is not a working number, I am a busy person and when these call come while i am in a meeting it gets very annoying when there is no one at the other end. it would be greatly apprecaited if this would stop, my cell phone is for more inportant calls than some company playing games.

at this point there have been no damages, but if it keeps up unemployment could result.

Original review: June 3, 2008

They call me 30 to 40 times a day. No matter what time of day. They are wasting the minutes on my phone and forcing me to change my phone number. I spoke to someone one time and asked them to take me off their telemarketing list and I continue to receive 40 calls a day. When I try to answer they hang up and this has caused me excessive phone charges from my cell provider.

My joy is being affected by the incensent phone calls. I have to keep my phone on in case of emergency with my family and it is constantly disturbing my work, sleep and livelyhood.

Original review: May 30, 2008

they are calling me 10-15 times a day and wasting my minutes on my cell phone.

XO Communications Company Information