1.34/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

139 XO Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2008

I have been receiving calls on my cell phone as the people on your website have described. Several times a day, no one answers me and when I call the number back, it isn't in service. There must be something that can be done to stop this business from interrupting so many people's lives. I too am looking for work and need to give my cell phone number for when I am not at home. I have my phone set to block all calls not on my contacts set in my phone. But the minute I take the block off, the calls start again from this place. What gives? Don't we have rights? My cell phone provider says my only recourse other than put the block on my phone is to change my cell number. That will be very difficult when I have given my current number to various potential employers, not to mention contacting all my friends and family to have it changed. Please help!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2008

Receiving calls on my cell phone (15 or more a day). Most of the time no one will talk to me. If they do, I can't understand anything they say. Have asked them to stop calling and then they call me even more often. I have no idea why they are calling.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2008

My cell phone has rung continuouly today beginning around 11:30 a.m. The number calling is 201-621-5604 an Allegiance customer; however, when checking the number I'm told it is no longer in service (5100). Please do something to stop this annoyance!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2008

My husband and I are expanding our business. We were looking for grant opportunities online and my husband filled something out. Then the phone calls began. We have received 16 CALLS from the same NJ number in the past 24 HOURS! In the beginning I told them we weren't interested. Then they started calling every 1/2 hour while we were at work. We told them to take out name and number out of their database. They hung up. Now even when my kids answer the phone with these people, they just say NOTHING. My kids are FREAKED OUT when the phone rings, thinking it's them. I have done some research, I WILL BE FILING A POLICE REPORT. Then I will follow up with complaints to their police dept. and filing charges with them. I will also do whatever it takes to finish this. I cannot BELIEVE that NO ONE has seen this through to the end.

My customers and staff are suffering due to the fact that I must answer my phone. I have documented proof of the sheer volume of calls received from this company - 16 calls in 24 hours, ALL with date and time. This is a very hard time economically on us all. My customers are the only way I make money. Since I have to stop working in order to answer my phone, my income has dropped.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2008

Receive calls at least once a day from this number. There is no one there when you answer. These calls are made to my cell phone. It triggers my voice mail and my phone beeps to advise me of a message. There is no message.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XO Communications?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2008

I went to a work from home website, that was supposed to be free start up. I entered all requested information. Then I started receiving calls from the number above. At first I would answer and not get a response. Shortly thereafter I finally got a voice from the other end. She proceeded to talk about all the benefits of giving them my credit card info so that I could be employed by whatever company I chose. At that time I chose to decline the offer. The next day I get several more calls from the same number again, no response upon answering. Then I get this very rude CSR that decided to tell me that I should be ever so grateful for such an opportunity. At which time I requested, maybe not so nicely, that I be removed from their call list.

At 9 pm the very same night I got yet another call from the same people. The next day (today) I get yet another call. I requested a supervisor. Angelica answered my call, apologized and told me that she would remove my number from the call list. Since then I have received three more calls from that very same number. At this time I have gone beyond being angry. I refuse to change my number. I have two children in school out of state as well as my parents, in the event there is an emergency while I am in the process of getting my number changed and I can't be reached, what, are they aren't going to lose any sleep? This is unfair to me and my family as well. All I wanted to do was try and make a little extra money in order to take care of my family and in return I have gotten a phone stalker.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2008

This is so bad. Phone calls start 8:15 every am and continue all day until 9:00. Something needs to be done. There are so many complaints from people. Why is this not being looked into????? I am a disabled person with anxiety problems and this is too much anxiety on me, dangerous. Please stop.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2008

I have been receiving 4-5 calls a day from this number. When I first starting receiving the calls I answered and no one was on the other line so I presumed it was a telemarketer. I registered with the do not call list and I am still receiving the calls from this company.

I am presently job searching and spending a lot of time on the phone. When my phone rings it is very aggravating to have the same number appear several times a day and at all hours. Is there anything that can be cone to STOP this.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2008

About 4 weeks ago, I got a call on my cell phone. I didn't recognize the number but I had been in contact with a couple of lenders and thought it would be one of them. Instead, there was silence. I hung up and when I called the number, it, a message said ladies talk and I said do not ever call this number again. Since then, I receive a call from that number every day and sometimes 4 times a day.

I contacted ATT (my cell phone service provider)and they found the number listed with Alligence Telecom Inc. of Hackensack, NJ. That is all they could find, but even that was helpful It is terribly annoying and I too, after reading other recorded complaints, might have to change my phone and/or number.

it is more of an emotional damage, because I don't know what or who it is, the calls won't stop and it is a bit frightening to wonder if they also can get my address for I live alone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2008

The Allegiance Telecom company is harassing me via the telephone by calling 4 or more times every day-- morning, noon, and night. The person on other end will not say anything no matter how long you wait. Once you hang up they call again at least 2-3 times and say nothing. (This happen in a.m. and starts over in the p.m.) Is it possible to get their address from you? This problem is all over the internet.

I have a hard time getting to sleep these last few months and they're part of the problem with their constant calling at all hours. They wait me up after I finally fall asleep. I have high blood pressure.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2008

Calls started on 9/18/08 Someone on the line asked for Rhonda and I said they had the wrong number but they verified my number. I did not tell them this was the correct number but it was. Since then I've had at least 40-50 calls asking for this person. I spoke with someone on 9/22/08 and he said this must have been Rhondas old phone number. He then proceeded to tell me he was calling about govt grants and began asking me for info.

He got as far as asking me if I was an american citizen then I told him I wasn't interested and I hung up but they keep calling me. They call and hesitate for a minute and then say Rhonda? I'm getting sick and tired of this. How many times do I have to tell them I'm not Rhonda and I dont want to talk to them?

I'm considering having my phone took out or number changed. I know not to give personal info over the phone, but I researched them on the internet and this is obviously a scam and its illegal. I don't want to see poor people getting ripped off by these jerks.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2008

I have been phone calls from this number for about a month. all times of the day and night. When I answer no one is on the line. At one time a foreign speaking person did answer but would not talk to me.

Annoying. Awakened early in the morning.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2008

They are calling me at all hours of the day and night (up until 9:30pm). I have advised these bozos that I am on the National Do Not Call Registry and they evidently don't care as the calls don't stop. They are even harassing me while I'm at work!

It is putting my job in jeopardy as I have asked them to quit calling and they refuse to comply.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2008

For the past two days, I have over 100 calls from Allegiance Telecom, Inc. I want this company to stop these calls immediately.

The calls have resulted to distractions for me on a very sensitive job I do.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2008

Call every hour of the day and now started calling at 10pm, it is annoying, and everytime I call the number back it says it is a non-working number.

While at work my cell is constantly ringing with that number and job performance has decreased. The reason being is that I try to hang up on them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2008

They have only called me twice, but the first time was on 9/15/08 and I told the woman then to remove my number from their list. She sounded middle Eastern and said her name was Sandra Johnson. She then called me tonight (9/17) at 9:55 my time. It was the same woman, and I told her I had already told her not to call me and that if she called again, I would file charges against her personally.

At this point it is annoying, but it was only a fluke that the phone was so near me when she called else it could have woken up my children.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2008

I was looking into a grant for military and had a out of townfamily problem come up. The first call from them, they were told that I could not deal with them at this time. I have had an average of 20 calls a day for the last month. I have talk to different people and have also told them to not call my number again but it is getting to the point that I may have to fine a lawsuit against them to get them to leave me alone.

I work at a place that I am not suppose to have my phone on but my wife is at home at night by herself and my children live out of town. I have been warned at work about my phone ringing. It rings during the day when I am trying to sleep and it is making me very out of sorts.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2008

Started receiving phone calls 9/13/08 they happen about every 20 mins. I let the phone line off the hook after answering, and the interupt beeping started and I hung up. It stopped for a day. I started getting the calls again 09/15/08.

Harassment of calls at all hours. Loss of sleep, decrease in job awareness due to be tired. Family is on edge, domestic stress.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2008

This company got my cell phone number some how and has been calling me every 10 minutes every day from morning till night. I am disturbed at work, doctor's appointments, and other phone calls are often interrrupted because the phone beeps when I have an incoming call.

I have repeatedly asked them to stop calling me but they refuse. I need to leave my phone on because I have a family member in the hospital very ill.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2008

Someone from this number/company has begun calling my home just this week. They call during the day and evenings and are starting to call late at night. For example they called last night at 10:30pm. I have done an internet search on this particular phone number and there are several complaints.

I have been registered on the Do Not Call list so why would this be happening? Most of the time I hang up on the person and once I spoke with someone. They seemed to have a foreign accent and I could not understand them. Its annoying! And against the law!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2008

I checked out a web site about government grants. When I discovered it was a scam I asked to be taken off any list. Aparently I entered too much information and started receiving calls 8:30am 3 days ago. They have called continuously since then. One time when I amswered I talked to a person and they wanted to give me the info on getting the grant. I then stated to them they have nerve asking for credit card information. They then hung up on me. But the calls haven't stopped. This is rediculous, and from all the complaints on this page I see that 1 I am not alone and 2 there is nothing that can be done. Getting on my nerves doesn't even describe it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2008

I started to fill out a form for informatoin on Government grants then realized they wanted credit card info I cancelled the procedure. I started getting calls about 12 today. They refuse to take no for an answer. My husband is disabled and I am on a no call list. I did not give them permission to call us. I need to attend school in the am and I am afraid my husband will been called all day.

My nerves are on edge I need to look at my lucent ID every time a call comes in. I almost hung up on a family member. Something should be done regarding this and quickly.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2008

I started getting calls on my cell phone yesterday. They (their computers) call between ever 8 to 25 minutes (every 15 min. on average). I've gotten over 45 calls in 1.5 days from 8/29/08 thru 2 PM 8/30/08. The number is all over the net on telemarketer complaint sites. I did answer twice... once background room noise and the other time nothing. I called the number back three times from my home phone to block the call. Once a busy signal, once nothing, and once a recording saying the call could not be connected.

Other websites have reported the carrier for this number is Allegiance Telecom, Inc. in NJ. I have filed a complaint with the FCC, CT state is useless, there is no assistance at all. I am filing a police report for any further action and to send to the FCC. Through a website I discovered that my phone has a no ringer option for numbers entered into your phonebook. So I've done that and now it just lights up ever 15 minutes. I was going insane yesterday and last night. My wife put my cell phone in another room this morning Sat. Labor day weekend because it was obviously driving her insane starting at 7:57 AM!

It's amazing that we live in a country where the Fed. Govt. can tap your phone and internet with ease without a specific warrant, but a US citizen can't do anything about harassing dialing, even 40 calls a day! This is shameful. New Laws must be passed, and class action suits filed against such companies as Allegiance Telecom, Inc. who profit, by allowing the criminals to use their provider services to break the law!

I have medical anxiety condition. The past two days have been sheer hell. I can't get anything done. If it doesen't stop I'm going to have to pay the fees to break my cell contract and buy three new phones when switching services and numbers (I'm not letting Sprint get off keeping my business of they won't act by at least blocking the calls!). Total estimated cost $1100.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2008

I started receiving calls from this number on my cell phone 2 months ago. Sometimes when I pick up the line goes dead, but other times a foreign person asks for Judith. when I explain this is not Judith they thank me and hang up. I have tried several times to get to speak with someone in charge but I always get hung up on. These calls come in at all times of the day.

As of 9:01 pm tonight I have received 12 phone calls today starting at 7:30am! Is there nothing that can be done about this? From the entries on this sight, I am obviously not the only one experiencing this problem! I found out about this web site through a great cust service rep at Alltel. After calling them to see if this number could be blocked (and finding out it cant be) he referred me to Google the number and look for a complaint site.

When I see this number on the caller id I generally do not answer it, but my husband gets upset thinking it is a bill collector or heaven forbid a boyfriend I dont want him to know about. It is like being constantly harrassed until my nerves are on edge. And the only solution I see now is to disrupt my life by having my number changed. I dont want to go to this expense or hassle.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2008

I get a call on my cell phone. Its an automated call. The recorded call claims I signed up for the contractors state exam. I didnt. The calls recording further claims to be selling a book for passing the exam.

I dont want to be paying to be hit on by sales people. I call the number. I get the same recording. I tried to hit number one to get the sales people to complain to and to express my indignation of their sleazy tactics. The extension isnt valid. The goal of this social engineer wasnt selling a book. I do know they where surfing for cell numbers. They have mine to sell to every jerk on earth.

I do a reverse phone number look up. Its a Carmichael number. The owner of the number is Allegiance Telecom or XO Communications Company. When you go you the website there is no contact link. Its little more than an empty shell. This seemed suspicious to me.

I did more research. These seem to be Vonage numbers using voice over IP from a computer.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2008

I receive calls from this company on my cell phone. So far, have received more than three call over the last month, most recent being tonight.

When I answer the phone, no one speaks, the line is silent and then you can hear it hang up. Have tried to call it back, but rings busy. I have reported to the national do not call list.

It is just plain annoying

Original review: Aug. 15, 2008

This company constantly calls, and never leaves a message, and when we answer the phone, no one is ever there to talk to. Customer service doesn't work on their web site. Everyone should call: Federal Trade Commission or ftc gov and fill out a complaint form. Maybe it'll work, we hope so.

The constant phone ringing has our nerves on edge; we assume it's a dreaded hospital call. We get woke up from their phone calls, and don't get the proper rest because of this company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2008

Truncated request for free grant money request after realizing was scam. Apparently had entered enough info for AT to get my phone number. I have asked repeatedly for them to stop calling me and the person on the phone starts arguing with me. I have filled a complaint with the MO attorney general's office. I can't get them to stop calling me.

Appears there are several numbers used by this company. I did a reverse lookup search to find the business name associated with number however, could not find a website to file a complaint directly

Loss of sleep and patience. Annoyance

Original review: Aug. 14, 2008

I keep getting prank phone calls from a number that turned out to be Allegiance Telecom when I did a reverse search. This has been going on for a week now. I will get anywhere from 4 to 10 prank calls a day on my cell phone. It rings once (rarely twice) and then it stops before I can answer it. I've been trying to answer it, so that I can ask them to stop calling, but so far no luck. This is annoying!

Interuption during the work day. Possible use of cell-phone minutes.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2008

Phone calls day and night.

XO Communications Company Information