1.34/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

XO Communications

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

139 XO Communications Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have 3 business locations with a total of 12 phone lines. My primary location has had no phone service since 10/20/2018, it's now 10/27/2018. All I get from XO is excuses that it's AT&T's problem. They have flat-out lied to me about statuses and dispatches. The salesman told me that XO would "aggressively" pursue any service issues - DON'T BELIEVE IT! XO is worthless, stay away. I am switching my service for all locations.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have Internet service with them. On 9/24, we had a hard down on the line. It's 10/11 as of this review and our line is still down. Support will blame everyone else before they actually start doing their job. We have been "waiting" on a part for almost 2 weeks now. Don't use them...

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was contacted by the number 646-899-9496 which shows a landline. However, I have received texts saying I was awarded a Federal Grant, but all I had to do was pay a fee for the money. So if I pay $500, I get a $50k Federal grant, tax free. Or pay $1000, I would get 90k and the list goes up to a million dollars. I did not proceed as government grants are free... Not sure who this company is...

Original review: March 13, 2018

XO Communications has been the worst phone communications company I have worked within 18 years of my IT life. Support is slow to respond to issues. Support staff wants to blame everything else first and give you the run around before fixing. If you talk to XO on the phone and not through the portal they tell you no documentation of that issue or call can be found, XO will use anything they can against you to play dirty pool. It took 3 months for them to come to our office and move the service line 75'. The features they offer you such as call forward or a service similar to "find me anywhere" does not work well, calls drop constantly and poor QOS. When the techs from XO did come to the office and move the system look how they hooked it up. They did not anchor to the wall as instructed, they stacked boxes and used our toner boxes to set the equipment on. This is a joke. Bad service. Horrible support.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Received a phone call from **, a Nashville phone number, and someone asked for me by name and said they were calling regarding helping me repair my home. I told them I didn't have a home. Her response was "Aren't you married to [my husband's name]?" Immediately set me on edge because this woman knows my name, phone number, and husband's name. I lied and told her "No!" Then she asked if I lived at [previous address where I was staying with friends while homeless]! I told her I lived in a different state and never lived at that place. I don't know who these people are or where they are getting their information from, but I can't imagine that it's at all legal. And considering my husband is a contractor, you would think they would have mined enough of my data to figure out that I didn't need ANY help repairing anywhere I live!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about XO Communications?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My wife and I are both battling cancer. Sleep is difficult. This morning we were awakened by FIVE calls from ** between 8:00AM and 8:30 AM! When I finally picked up, I told the caller who could barely speak English, that I was NOT diabetic (what he was calling about.) When he called YET AGAIN, I addressed him with a few choice phrases which I'll not repeat here. AND THEN HE CALLED AGAIN!!! When the doctors finally tell me that nothing else can be done, and I have nothing left to lose, maybe I'll track these characters down and do something that will make national headlines...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST service provider I have EVER worked with - in ANY field. It is impossible to get an answer, get help, get a real person. They are infuriating! I have a simple request - to have access to my voicemail, and it has been 8 months! Not exaggerating! And I still have NOT had this issue resolved, but the bills keep coming. They are billing me for service they didn't provide and I can't get to an accounts payable person to discuss the bill. It’s incredible!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I received a robocall from this company saying there were 4 judgments against me and I would be arrested if I didn't call back. Was hung up on twice when I asked who they were. I've never lived in NJ and have no judgments against me. This is a scam.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I have received numerous call from phone numbers associated with XO California Inc. The last # was **. This person called this morning and I began to tell them I am not interested and to remove my # from their call list. He told me I am a **, liar and the biggest ** around. If XO California lets people use their phones to make these harassing calls and that kind of language then they obviously have ethics problems too. I would like a call from someone concerning this language. Eventually I will find out where this company is located and my attorney will be in touch.

Original review: May 13, 2015

I was moving offices and renewing my contract. I renewed and set up the move. Come move day, my phones did not move. They told me I cancelled the move and said a vendor would move my D-mark 24 floors down my building. I never cancelled my move and have no idea what a D-mark even is. They then told me that the rate I was paying when I renewed would significantly increase with a move and that I would not have phones for 45-60 days given their showing my move was cancelled.

I am now without phones other than my business phone forwarded to my cell and am stuck with these "criminals". Their contract says need to sue in Virginia but I believe their fraud etc. occurred in NY so would sue them here. They are costing me tens of thousands of dollars in business and business disruption. Their customer service rep (**) is extremely rude (when she is working) and her supervisor (**) is less than helpful or accommodating, especially given I view the error as one on their part (why would I cancel a phone move when my business was moving)?

XO Communications Company Information