3.8/5 (222 ratings)

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021
We needed a reasonable and easy to set up PBX to replace a traditional site-based PBX. But we didn’t want to go down the route of looking at Cisco or anything like that. So, we tried 8x8 out. And we found the installation was very easy and straightforward. And the partner who was selling 8x8 were actually very good, and held our hand through the whole installation, and helped us [unclear 0:00:54] our telephone numbers, and get the setup operational within a very short period of time. It probably took around about two or three days to get the whole system migrated from a traditional site-based PBX to a cloud-based PBX. And now three years we’ve been with 8x8, the application has just got better and better over time. I liked that they thought about the end-user, and also the mobile app. The product is very good at the price point where it stands in the market. And overall, I would say it’s a very good product and worth the money.
Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Easy to deploy, manage, and integrate mobile workforce solution that allows for effective and productive intra-team collaboration as well as clean voice channel to securely communicate with outside parties.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for this 5-star review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. Have a nice day ahead Paul!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I have been using 8x8 services for several of my clients for over 6 years now. Over that time the feature set has constantly improved while the support has consistently gotten worse. I like the product and the features. The pricing is not bad, but you need to be careful of their "fees" that they always try to sneak in. I would recommend them, except for their support. They have implemented a new tiered support model and you must pay for the good support. The general support is nothing more than inexperienced technicians (if you can call them that) who read off a script. It takes forever to get an issue escalated and call backs are glacial in speed. Overall their support has grown to be horrendous and that is my big issue with 8x8.

8x8 response

Good day Frank, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If there is any particular case you want us to look at we are more than happy to assist. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Excellent company for our VOIP needs. 8X8 is very responsive for any questions or issues (though we never had any issues). They will walk you through and provide you with any tools needed to help you understand and use their services. They even provided us with a discount on purchasing their VOIP phones for our office.

8x8 response

"Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I was a little skeptical at first when I was told we needed to upgrade. We looked at several different options and 8x8 seemed to be the most user friendly and the staff is great to work with and provides the customer service that we need. They get back to us quickly and we can call or email to them directly.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for this review. We really appreciate you being a customer. We’re here for you anytime

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Utilized 8x8 to replace our phone system and it is an amazing upgrade. Don't know how we lived without the features for so long. With the shift to a mobile/work from home environment, there is no doubt this solution checks all the boxes. Oh, it is also extremely cost effective!

8x8 response

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

AT ALL COSTS DO NOT USE 8X8. Used 8x8 for 4 years and when the pandemic hit we needed to downsize. Many other service providers were understanding but 8x8 stuck to their early termination fees and offered to cut off our service and sue us if we did not pay them. About a year ago they outsourced their support to India and now service issues involve days of wading through the language barrier only to have the problem recur after 6-7 weeks. The payment for 25 users is up over $1800 with no explanation why, and the contract auto renews so if you do not tell them to pound sand within 30 days you're on the hook for another year. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: Terminate their contract before you start it!

8x8 response

Good day to you Robert, Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your issues with the service. Please send DM information of your account together with your latest case ID and we will investigate internally. Thank you

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Updated on 10/14/2021: 8x8 put a flimsy band-aid on to improve this but have actually made things worse. My sales agent insisted if I would move to this new plan it would fix all my issues. After asking three times for the differences between my current plan functionality and the new one he finally answered that the difference was the international calling plan. So I agreed.

But this was not the case... I cannot get a call back during our business hours except for the one time that I posted in our system that I would be out of the office...every other call is a couple of hours after we are closed. And yes, I put our hours in the support ticket. OH and doing this extended my contract so I am stuck for a couple of extra months now.

I am missing functionality now AND they are charging for both accounts. Can't get a call back to rectify any of these issues. Looks like I will have to spend the night at work in the hope they will call to get some help...and then move away from 8x8 ASAP. They WERE a great company up until around 2019. Any reviews you read be sure to check the date.

Original Review: I have been an 8x8 business customer for many years. I recommended them to other companies and even my church without asking for the free month they offered for recommendations. We could not have been happier until about 2 years ago. The past 2 years have seen a steady decline. Whomever has taken over the reins sees no issue with having dishonest sales folks and customer service folks that will pass you around for 2 or 3 days and ignore your business hours to call back when you are not in the office. My service issues happen at least every other month and typically during our busiest time...the end of the month.

On my latest case though is a contract issue. I was told by the Sales Rep he would look into the issue and call back 3 different times. I then have to chase him down and start all over with the details so he obviously wrote me off as soon as we hung up the phone. They will not keep the promises they make to you when you sign your contract and they will auto-renew your contract with no warning at all. I spoke with a lawyer and since they have not honored their agreement, I can get out of the contract but I do not look forward to this additional hullabaloo on top of switching services. Spare yourself this misery. Pick another company.

8x8 response

Good day Lynda, we are sorry to hear about your issues with support, this is not the experience we want you to have. We will investigate internally on this. Can you please share your account details as well as your latest case ID? Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

It is impossible to get in touch with someone at 8x8. If you call customer service IVR will tell you to go to the support page and talk to OTTO. OTTO will give you some stupid articles which are not relevant to your issue, No matter what you type in that chatbox your chances to connect to a live agent is bleak. After waiting 45 to 60 mins it says "I'm sorry, looks like there are no agents available at the moment. Please try contacting us later, or click here to create a ticket and someone will get back to you soon." I have open chat several time but facing same issue. Worst Services Ever. Below is the screenshots url. **

8x8 response

Good day to you Waqas, sorry to hear about your issues with OTTO Chat. We have forwarded the issue with OTTO internally for investigation, meanwhile can you please DM us your account details (e.g. Account name or 8x8 phone number) and we will escalate internally with support to follow up with you. Thanks

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have been an 8x8 business customer for many years, paying for about a dozen phone lines with my business year after year. For most of those years, they were great. This past year, the company seems to be under new management that filled its ranks with incompetent and dishonest people. I am bounced from one incompetent person to the next; promises of return calls by some superior or other competent person go undelivered; when I tried to revise or cancel my service, I was told I missed the 30-day window a few weeks ago and that my contract auto-renewed for another year, with no changes or cancellations allowed for another 12 months.

(Who does that? Other VOIP providers have no contracts, and you can cancel anytime. At the very least, one would think you could cancel or drop a line after the first 12 months. Nope.) If you want to be locked into a contract with auto renew that you cannot revise or cancel except for a 30-day window each year, 8x8 is your company! This month, 8x8 charged my credit card hundreds of dollars without my authorization, which I am now spending my morning dealing with. I will permanently drop 8x8 (as soon as my 30-day window rolls around again). Beware. Many other VOIP services are out there. Look elsewhere.

8x8 response

Good day James, sorry to hear about your issues with support and charges. Can you please share with us your latest case ID so we can check and escalate internally? Thanks!

Original review: July 27, 2021

First I want to say be very clear you are on a contract. The part they leave out of telling you until you want to close your account. February 2021 I called to inform them that I closed my business. My sister too ill and I would be taking care of her. The gentleman insisted since I had another business I could transfer the service or either way the contract automatically ends in June. However in March my sister passed away. In April I caught Covid. In May I was in an accident plus planning and packing to move because my landlord wanted an increase in rent. What. I couldn’t afford. All of these events led me to severe depression causing me not to follow up on taking care anything personal or business related.

I notice the first week of July my account was drafted yet another fee. I emailed the person who opened my account last week. Didn’t hear anything back so I called 8x8 today and Jennifer in the cancellation department informed me that they had automatically renewed my account July 19 instead of automatically canceling my services the end of June 2021. Not to mention what I went through to even getting my service working properly in the beginning. 8x8 services are misleading and now they want to hit my account for twelve consecutive payments for closing it. I will be disputing with my bank because I didn’t authorize this transaction and definitely wasn’t even aware I was on a contract from the start. Please asked the necessary questions and read the small print because their services are misleading and no concerns for the consumers.

8x8 response

Good day Theresa, We are sad to hear about your experience with support. Please DM us your latest case ID and we will investigate it internally.

Original review: July 26, 2021

It is impossible to get in touch with someone at 8x8. If you call customer service IVR will tell you to go to the support page and talk to OTTO. OTTO will give you some stupid articles which are not relevant to your issue, No matter what you type in that chatbox your chances to connect to a live agent is bleak. I wanted to contact some on in billing to report extra charge on my account however every time I have tried I just ended up more frustrated with the whole process. I have screenshots to prove whatever is written above.

8x8 response

Good day Puneet, my name is Joe of 8x8. Sorry to hear that you are having issues reaching out for support. Can you please DM us your account details and your exact concern about billing? We will forward it to our billing department to assist you.

Original review: July 14, 2021

8x8 does not care about taking care of their customers. After several years of bad service (our fault for staying longer than we should have) we decided to get our deskphones working again. Spent about 4 weeks trying to get them set up and spending hours on the phone with customer service, we were not able to get them set up. We then decided to go to another company with much better reviews.

After we got set up with the new company, we tried to cancel and just getting acknowledged took a couple of weeks. Then, since we had been with them for several years and not even using the lines, we thought we were on a month to month, but they said our contract had just renewed. We asked nicely to let us off the contract since we do not use their lines and the service has been horrible, we do not have phones, and have been paying them for years already, but they took 40 days to finally say "NO". They simply do not care, they just want to get paid for having a contract, even though they were not able to get our phones set up and we are not using the lines at all. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH 8X8.

8x8 response

Good day Juan, sorry to hear about your issues with the service. Can you please share with us your latest case ID so we can review and escalate? Thanks

Original review: July 7, 2021

Our company has been with 8x8 for a while. Before service was good and responsive. Now I wish I could give them a zero. I have been trying to resolve several issues for 4 months now only to be pushed around to different people who never actually fix the problem. The cost center function is a joke. Runs off a asset report that is completely not user friendly but is also not accurate. Which has resulted in billing errors. Have services on my bill that I do not have or have cancelled and still 4 months later still getting billed. Do not order the the box to connect to your printer to work as a fax machine. Does not work half the time. My list goes on and nothing is ever resolved. Time to port to a new service.

8x8 response

Hi Kimberly, my name is Joe of 8x8. First off we are sorry to hear about your issues with our service. If you could DM us your latest case ID together with your account information, we will review the case and escalate it internally. Thanks

Original review: June 29, 2021

Just spent an hour on hold with tech support, only to get a voice mailbox that is "full and unable to receive any more messages". Filed a ticket last week where I requested an email back (not a call back). Received a call back from an "unknown" number, no name and no call back number left. Opened a "live chat", only to be told 40 minutes later that no live agents are available. Losing business at this point because of dropped calls. Packing my bags and moving to another provider. This is shameful.

8x8 response

Good day Hana, sorry to hear about your struggle in getting support. Please DM us your latest case ID and account information so we can escalate the issue right away. Thanks

Resolution response: July 9, 2021

After posting the review on this website, a customer representative contacted me and was able to help with resolving all outstanding issues. I have received all requested refunds and can now move on. Thank you.

Original review: June 21, 2021

As someone mentioned, they used to have really good customer service but that has gone downhill. I signed a new business with their service and it was a nightmare from the get go. The sales rep convince me to port our numbers and we ended up without a working fax machine where we receive orders as well as caller ID in our POS terminals. They sold us an adapter that they couldn't activate and every time I called support, end up with the same person (case **) who told me I should purchase another adapter. Tried escalating with tier 2, but that took forever and we were losing business, so I had to salvage the situation, call Verizon to the rescue and forward all of our calls until we get away from them.

I cancelled their service within the trial period, however they started billing me for service, started billing me for early terminations, and it is a nightmare to deal with support. I called billing department, who redirected me to cancellation department, who looped me back to billing (case **). Endless loop with no end in sight. This is a very bad business practice, so please be aware and use their services at your own risk! All I need is get my money back and move one. Using their services for a week, cost me over $300 so far.

Hi Izzy,

First off, We are sorry to hear about your billing and technical issues. Please DM us your latest case ID and we will escalate this further to resolve your issues. Thank you

Original review: June 10, 2021

This company used to provide good service when we signed up around 2012. They've outsourced all of their customer support reps to likely the most cheapest and lousiest support team money can find. One time a support rep had me share my screen to literally wiggle his mouse around my screen for over 5 minutes. It was obvious that he did not know what he was doing and was just hoping I'd hang up. Support tickets take weeks for responses and even their live chat reps prefer to send you template responses before even listening to your problem and determining if it is unique or not. Also, they have failed to evolve, their API hardly integrates with any CRM systems. They are just overall BAD BAD BAD.

You are better off with Vonage or RingCentral. Lazy customer support reps and inability to evolve has made this company lose a long time customer and I'm sure they are losing customers in droves. I am surprised they have recent 4-5 start reviews. They are likely fake since it is easy to post unvetted reviews on here. Don't waste your time with this company especially since Vonage is cheaper and more advanced with better support.

8x8 response

Hi Luis, Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We apologize for the difficulty you’ve had with support. Is there any particular case ID you want us to look at? Please DM us your account details and latest case ID so we can review and escalate. Thanks!

Original review: June 1, 2021

My company has been an 8x8 customer since 2013. They used to be a company with both amazing service and support. Now they are one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Late last year, 8x8 blew away our fax line during their "upgrade". We did not know this happened for many months as our fax line is not used that often. We do, however, received important client communications via fax. It took me several weeks and upwards of 10 hours on the phone with their support to get the fax line fixed. When you call and talk to someone new, they have no idea what you have discussed prior. So, you end up repeating yourself over and over.

Recently, I had several employees leave the company. I deleted their extensions as I normally would when an employee resigns. After this, I noticed that our bill did not go down. We were still being charged for the cancelled lines. I called 8x8 and dealt with their horrible support once again. I was finally informed that we were on an annual contract with an auto-renew. We would have to pay for the unused lines for the remainder of the term which ends in January of next year.

Our account has always been month to month. I have examples of where we canceled extensions and our bill went down accordingly. I asked support for a copy of the agreement where I agreed to a change to an annual term with auto-renew. After around 2 weeks, they sent me a service agreement for a completely different company. I have yet to receive a copy of anything showing I agreed to the term change.

Stay away from this company. They used to be one of my best vendors. Now, I cannot wait until my term ends when I will be switching to a new provider. In the meantime, 8x8 should switch my company back to month to month and credit us for the overcharges. I see that the term change issue has happened with other 8x8 customers. 8x8 should stop this unethical practice immediately.

8x8 response

Good day to you Jay, First off we are sorry to hear about your experience with support. Can you please share your account details and latest case ID regarding the issue? We will escalate this accordingly.

Original review: May 13, 2021

The phone quality was just ok. Customer service was awful. I had a 14month contract and when it was over I switched providers, but by the time the number ported the contract auto-renewed and the jammed me up with a. I would try a different company.

Original review: May 3, 2021

The fax service that I used for my business with them was not that bad. The problem was the price. It kept going up and going up and I tried to get a better price with them but they said no. I told them I was not happy with their response and instead of trying to keep a good customer they told me I could cancel the account and get a refund of the unused service. After I ported the number to a new service provider which was half their price, they will not refund me. Even after they confirmed cancellation, they kept taking money out of my credit card. Now, no one will answer me. Someone from the cancellation department was supposed to call me but they haven't. I have a couple different case numbers because I keep reaching out but get no response. Do your research before you give this company your credit card!

Original review: April 30, 2021

I was told I could sign up for a month to month plan to test, I tried it for a year and hated the features. The phone service worked properly, but the features they advertised were non-existent or did not work as advertised. I phoned, online-chatted, emailed, and submitted a service request to cancel - I did not hear back from them for over 2 months at which time they responded that I just missed the end of my one-year contract term and would have to pay-out the entire next year to cancel!! The initial time that I requested the cancellation is not the date they use for cancellation, but they use the date that they process the cancellation, which is now over 3 months after my request, and it still has not been processed! I am still waiting for their "Cancellation Department" to follow up and complete the cancellation - this company is using 1970 approaches to customer service - stay away from them - do not use use this company for anything.

8x8 response

Good day Michel, First of, We are sorry to hear about your trouble in cancelling your account. Can you please DM us your case ID so we can check and escalate? Thank you

Original review: April 9, 2021

This is extremely frustrating and goes along with all the frustration I've had with 8x8 since coming back. No one knows what the prior support person has said or documented. I spent an hour on the phone with Thomas ** and there's a complete trail of what's going on and while I told him I'd need to at the very least re-explain all of this to someone else who would give me opposition to my refund, on top of the horrendous service I've received from 8x8 prior to my decision to cancel the service. I contacted you guys to fix a problem on the 24th of February, 2021. It continued until the 25th with another phone call because the first call was useless, please review the recorded conversations.

I told them on the 25th I wanted to cancel my account, they agreed. I was told there was a period of time that the account was supposed to be canceled which is in and of itself ridiculous, it needed to go to a "cancellation" department, and then by the 3rd of March, 2021, your records indicate that it was put in for cancellation despite the request on the 25th verbally. This is without any of the prior service issues being handled to my satisfaction all, along with what was the "last straw" on the 24th which led to me requesting cancellation on the 25th. So, on the 3rd of March, 2021 8x8 charged me. I said nothing, I understood it was before the 30 days. Then April 3rd, I was charged again as is the reason I called Thomas **, whom I've CC'd on this email, and along with an entire conversation, told him this would happen.

He promised he'd "do something" but all he did was pass the buck as you all do, send a ** informationless ticket in, and here we are with me wasting my time to inform you of how horrible your service is. Meanwhile, during our conversation yesterday, I just happened to ask Thomas, (please review the recorded conversation as all calls are recorded) "is my account canceled?", and he said "No". So after all this **, Thomas told me, at the end of our conversation, my cancellation request, which is on your books as of the 3rd, was never canceled and 31 days later I was charged again for a service I don't want. So, being told after the fact that it was 30 days notice THE ACCOUNT STILL ISN'T CANCELLED yet I haven't made a call on your service in over a month and was under the impression that you canceled it.

I didn't trust 8x8 but gave the benefit of the doubt to 8x8. Then 8x8 charged me again anyway, now I have to sit here and deal with this ** to get my money back. Return my money now! Now being proven correct that 8x8 would try to pounce down on me to do nothing, I want both charges refunded the March 3rd 2021 AND the April 3rd 2021 Charge. P.S. Thomas, I told you this is what they'd do, they'll stroke me along to get me to frustrate and drop it and walk away. I'm not gonna do that at all!. It's far less time-consuming to look at review sites and drop this email in raw form on them and that's exactly what I'm going to do, starting with Facebook immediately after hitting send.

8x8 response

Hi Keith, Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, and our apologies for the issues you encounter with your cancellation. Please DM us your cancellation case so we can review and get back to you on this. Thanks!

Original review: April 2, 2021

Beware of 8x8 service agreement. They trick you into what they call “automatic” yearly renewal commitments. According to them if you try to cancel you’ll be liable for the years payment balance. It’s also impossible to get their customer service on the phone unless it’s for a new sale. It just took me over a week to get a call back to request a service cancellation.

8x8 response

Good day Yaniv. We are sorry to hear about your issues with your service contract. Please know that this is stated on the 8x8's current Terms and Conditions and sections 2.1, 2.3.1, 11 & 12 of your existing service agreement for further cancelation details.

Reference: https://support.8x8.com/support-services/billing-account-management/how-to-cancel-an-8x8-account-or-extension

If there are any disparity with your contract please DM us your cancellation case ID and we will check.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I would avoid 8x8 if at all possible. If you are looking for a smooth resolution then 8x8 is not the way to go. When trying to contact 8x8 it is a hit or miss. Even if you do get a human they cannot help you and have to transfer you to advanced support. When I was told I would receive a call back my phone would ring 1 time and then they would hang up. When I would reach out all they would say is they are notating the account. It takes days to reach the proper person to help and the customer service is horrible. They do not use basic courtesy and are rude to deal with. We will be looking for a new service as soon as our contract is up.

8x8 response

Hello Earl, thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review about your experience with our service. We are disheartened to hear about your overall experience with us. We will escalate this matter internally so we could have a faster resolution about your technical concern. If anything like this happens again, please write us on reviews@8x8.com together with your account details so we could have a support follow up ASAP. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Unbelievably poor customer service!! Impossible to connect with a human being to stop my subscription so I had to resort to calling my credit card and telling them to refuse and block any further payments thinking that would prod a human being to call me....when they call it comes up as spam so I dont answer the phone. They leave a message with a number- 1-888-898-8733.. I call and get told to go online and speak to OTTO, a ROBOT who can answer all my questions...

After numerous attempts to reach a human being, I finally was able to reach someone in the sales department who put me in contact with the "right person " and I received a confirmation email my service was cancelled...and today I got another phone call marked spam with a voice mail telling me they can't process my payment! Amazing. The difference from when I started my service...couldn't get enough customer support. Now you can't reach a human being. Do not use this service!

8x8 response

Good day Lisa, sorry to hear about your issues reaching out to our support. Can you please message us your account information? Thank you

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I was with 8x8 for 3 months shy of a year. Calls seemed good quality but, the company is not ideal. Any time I tried to get help they wouldn’t help me, either I couldn’t get a hold of someone or they would tell me to get a hold of my rep. I had no clue who my rep was and apparently they couldn’t tell me. Eventually I got the name of the person but, they apparently didn’t know his email. I was frustrated being the system is not user friendly at all! Just setting it all up was difficult. Making a call was fine.

So since I couldn’t get help on the issues I decided to cancel. I can understand with paying a cancelation fee of $99 like I was told but now it’s $119 plus I have to pay for the last 3 months of service. So I would be paying even more than if I just kept it the extra 3 months! You would think with the issues I had with it they would at least cancel the cancelation fee. DO NOT GO WITH 8x8. I went with Vonage and it’s user friendly and I get help when I need it. Sent an email back telling the rep I will just not cancel and pay the remaining 3 months! So stupid.

8x8 response

Good day Julie, My name is Joe of 8x8. First off we are sorry to hear about your issues with your accounts policy. Unfortunately there is a fee for early termination of contract and its stated on the terms and condition. If you are having issues reaching out to support and is not getting full help, we will review and check your concern. Will you be able to share your latest case ID? Please send it to us via private response.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I would consider looking elsewhere when looking for a VoIP solution. After 10 years as a customer, our business needs changed. 8x8 claims the Terms of Service include an annual auto-renew of their service. Talking to someone on the phone is almost impossible. This also leaves a terrible end to our relationship with them. I would definitely look at other solution partners.

8x8 response

Good day Todd, we are sorry to hear about your issues with account policies. Unfortunately the amount you owe will vary based on your service agreement. Typical charges include any unpaid usage fees, disconnection or termination fees, and any past due amounts.

If there are discrepancies about the charges incurred please share and DM us your account information so we can investigate. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

We have had 8x8 VOIP for several years and are quite dissatisfied. We can't use headphones or free our staff from desk phones. They will not answer their phones, email, texts or any other communications for service. They are debiting our bank for monthly payments, yet we can't reach anyone to help. They are holding our long time phone number hostage. I would steer clear.

8x8 response

Good day Jan, we are sorry to hear about your issues with support. Can you please DM us your latest case ID together with your account details? Thank you

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I will admit there are times when I would give 8x8 five stars. When everything goes smoothly they have an excellent product. However, there are numerous issues, most already mentioned by others, that have put me in the market for a replacement.

1. Sales staff will say things that are blatantly untrue or incredibly deceptive. For example "Can we add and remove lines at any time?" "Yes of course you can." "Are their any fees." "No fees." But if you cancel a line outside of the 30day window around your contract renewal you will be charged for however many months remain until that renewal. We nearly canceled the first time this happened and when we complained were assured it would not happen again. And it did.

2. Support has never been great and as mentioned by many others it has gotten much worse recently. For example; I have a ticket in the system now. It should be a straightforward issue to change an extension number but the management interface is returning an error. Instead of simply fixing the issue I've gotten a couple of call backs that I missed. They will update the ticket that they tried to call and give me a number to call them but when I call it it refers me back to the online self-service and hangs up. What they will not do is simply say why they need to speak to me or what additional information they need. If so I would enter the information online and be done. Oh and according to my Verizon cell phone their calls are a "ROBOCALL" and "LIKELY JUNK" and not identified as 8x8.

I keep hearing that they are making changes to make support better for their larger customers (like me) but it's going in the opposite direction.

8x8 response

Good day Mike, We are sorry to hear about your experience with support. For ordering lines you can order it anytime but for cancelling line, you will be subject to disconnection fees and Contract Buy Out fees where applicable. For the issues encountered from support please kindly DM us the case ID and we will review and escalate your concern internally.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Back on approximately Thursday, December 17th, 2020, I lost my Google Voice phone service for invalid reasons and I was desperate to find a low cost, budget business phone system that can offer me an affordable, cloud-based voice, video messaging and contact center solution just for me. While going online and doing some heavy research, I ended up finding 8x8, Inc. Which offers an affordable price of only $12.00 dollars per month, plus the local taxes for unlimited phone calls, text and video messaging for both incoming and outgoing for most of North America. I was so relieved to find such a company that I signed up with them immediately! Furthermore, they also offer really good services which even includes allowing you to port your old phone number to their cloud-based phone system which is what I am doing right now!

Moving right along: I want to personally thank Jamieson and David for helping me to better understand their services back on Friday, December 18th, 2020! If you are looking for a super duper cloud-based phone system that is efficient and affordable, then 8x8, inc. Is the right place to come to! Sincerely yours, Howard **, 8x8, Inc. Cloud-based phone customer, Executive, volunteer writer for Google Maps and Tripadvisor websites. /HPS

8x8 response

Good day Howard, Thank you for taking your time in providing feedback about our service. Have a nice day ahead!

8x8 Company Information