3.9/5 (660 ratings)

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I have been using 8x8 for almost 2 years now and the product is very good and reliable. I have no issues and it is a great way for both internal and external communication. I would highly recommend this product. We are a small company and it is perfect for our needs.

8x8 response

Hi Steve! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Overall positive experience. Good customer service, diligence in adding new features and updates. Price is reasonable as well. We have been using this service for last 10 years and no issue incurred so far!!!

8x8 response

Hi Susan! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Best I have ever used. We had tried several in the past and this is the best of them all. It's very easy to set up, easy to use. Customer service is great and very fast and reliable. They go above and beyond to help you with what you need.

8x8 response

Hi Christina! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I have deployed many web-based phone systems, but 8x8 was by far the easiest to do. Options for physical devices, softphones or cell phone app were a great fit for our business. Remote users can plug any headset into their laptop to make and receive calls, Salespeople can add the 8x8 app to their phone to keep personal and business contacts separate... But mostly, the administrative panel is very easy to use. Great product, but mostly Great Decision.

8x8 response

Hi Nancy! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

8x8 is a great service to have in place when times require us to be flexible and mobile. I highly recommend this service. It is flat rate and the bill always stays at the same amount month after month. I love this system. It works on Polycom phones as well as an app for IOS or Android systems. It's easy to run with or without hardware.

8x8 response

Hi George! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

This is an excellent product that assists me working with clinics and clients across the country. The ease of installation, the timely and necessary updates and actual user-friendly interface is worth the investment!

8x8 response

Hi Melanie! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I am current customer and every time I call to change something, I get the run around on the phone and very tough to speak to a manger for some reason. The contracting process and tricky and they make very difficult to get out of it even when you are very unhappy with the service. Horrible company, poorly trained staff and therefore awful customer service. I am looking for ending my relationship with them. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM!

8x8 response

Hi Ali, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at reviews@8x8.com. We would be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I signed up for the service and expressed my needs. I tried the products and they didn't work. When I tried to cancel I was met with a lot of red tape and continued CC charges even after I received emails stating my account was closed. AVOID!!

8x8 response

Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We apologize for the difficulty you’ve had with your service - If you have any questions or concern please account details with reviews@8x8.com

Resolution response: Oct. 6, 2022

To expand on my previous review. I was immediately refunded the amount I was incorrectly billed as it showed on my credit card online the same day. Never have received a credit so fast. I still do not recommend the company for VOIP phones but I can give them 5 stars for crediting my account back so fast.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

After speaking with their sales person, I signed up for a trial period to test out the system. I found their system very difficult to program and their training sessions did not provide enough details to give solid step by step instructions. To my shock, I was charged for a month of service when I thought all I was doing was trying out their system. I never ordered any phones. They have you agree to a monthly plan before you decide on going with them in order to test them out. I even canceled within their 30 day test period and I still got charges on my credit card. Submitted for a refund today and will let you know if I get the refund. I do not recommend this company and do not even try them out without making sure you get the details by email of how to cancel etc.

8x8 response

Hi Richard! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Our company decided to get 8X8 phone service. Sales person was very nice and said we would get support, blah, blah, blah. We had trouble from the beginning and were never able to get the system up and running. We offered to pay someone to come out and set it up but were told they don't do that and we could refer to the website and videos for assistance. We continued to pay for it on time monthly even though they knew we weren't using it and couldn't cancel.

About 5 months later, the owner of the company passed away due to Covid. I called 8X8 to let them know that I have never even used the service and the company is in limbo so is there anyway to cancel. I was abruptly told no and I would have to pay off the year and a half of service remaining if I didn't want the service any longer. Where is the understanding and compassion for your customers? Think twice about the company ethics and values before signing up with them. If anything happens at all, you are on the hook.

8x8 response

Hi Ken! Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We apologize for the difficulty you’ve had with your service - please share your account details with reviews@8x8.com and someone will be in touch. Thanks!

Original review: July 18, 2022

I install multiple phone system types for a living working for a managed services provider. This is my honest perspective on 8x8 vs competition. I've personally deployed over 100 8x8 systems, and over a thousand total systems of various types. 8x8 is a wonderful service when it works. The call quality is great. The administrative portal is easy to use in comparison to most competitors. The licensing structure is easy to understand and the desktop platform is user friendly. So long as there's never any problems, you'll have a great experience.

The problems start when your problems start though. Trying to get help from 8x8's support team is possibly one of the most frustrating parts of deploying and maintaining these systems. Technicians get swapped out on the tickets often, and will re-ask questions that have already been answered in the conversation. I often open tickets with as much detail as possible, and get asked questions that were already clearly answered in the initial comment. I've had many customers with problems that seems simple (IE adding a third party device to the system and getting credentials for that), that takes 8x8 literal weeks or months to get resolved. I've had tickets closed on me without any resolution being provided, and I've had to call back in to get it reopened or get answers.

They seem to always ignore the requested communication type listed on the ticket, as they always try calling first instead of responding via email like I typically request. Then they'll close the ticket out if I don't answer the phone calls because I was expecting a email. I don't think I've had 8x8 actually resolve a single problem in the 3+ years I've worked as a integration partner selling their services, without having to babysit them and make sure it's being worked on and actually resolved. I cannot imagine what the frustration must be like for customers that don't have the experience I do with telephone equipment. Therefore it's very hard to recommend this service to any of my customers now. A fair warning to anyone that purchases 8x8's services.

8x8 response

Hello Yung! We sincerely apologize for the trouble you have encountered with the service. Please send us the information of your account and your latest case ID if you have so we can investigate internally. Thank you

Original review: July 8, 2022

We have used 8X8 for several years now. Rarely have we had a customer service issue, but when we do, the response is quick and thorough. Follow-up and resources are also excellent. I personally appreciate the 8X8 Work app on my computer. It allows me to fax, text and make phone calls all in one place. Very convenient!

8x8 response

Hi Julia! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: July 7, 2022

I have been working remotely for a while and the phone/fax, texting and meetings have been of great service to my team. I haven’t had an issue working in different part of the world. The experience with 8x8 has been exceptional.

8x8 response

Hi Andres! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: July 7, 2022

I have been using 8x8 for the last 3-4 years while working from home. I find it to be very useful and reliable. I would recommend having the highest quality of Internet available so that your calls do not drop. That is the one downside. Other than that, I am very pleased with the service, support, and price.

Original review: July 7, 2022

We live in a very rural area of Idaho and run a business from our home. Our local telephone company wanted $37,000.00 to run the phone line half a mile to our property. My brother recommended 8x8, and we could not be happier. 8x8 handles both our business phone and fax line. I highly recommend them, and their service is phenomenal.

8x8 response

Hi Darcy! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: July 6, 2022

8x8 has been an extremely simple-to-use phone system. It works great for our remote users. We have never had any outages or performance issues. The setup is not 100% intuitive, but they have a great team to help you get everything set up and configured. We can add extensions and physical phones very easily. 8x8 service is very affordable. I highly recommend 8x8.

Original review: July 6, 2022

The overall service is consistent and reliable, the iOS application more than meets our needs when team members are remote. The IVR feature assigned to our main line more than meets our call routing and sales management needs after a little learning curve. Overall, bargain for the features and service.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I looove 8x8! Affordable, easy to understand, and at this time, it meets my needs! We use it for our business and I believe we haven’t had any problem with this company. I would love to recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable and reliable business phone. I would like to see if it works when we are out of the country.

Original review: July 5, 2022

One of the best VoIP companies out there, they offer great reliable service at a great price. Their customer service department has no rival with friendly staff who is always there to greet you with a friendly voice. As per the tech support department it one of the best, always willing to help, and very professional.

Original review: July 5, 2022

We have been very happy with the 8x8 service since switching over a year ago. Setup was easy, including the process of porting our existing numbers. Overall the quality of calls and reliability of the service has been excellent. The features are very good, including the 8x8 Work app, which has become an essential tool in our organization.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I have been a 8x8 business user for 14 years. The features are easy to use and save me tons over the local phone company. I use the soft phone on my pc and smartphone + headphones. On my smartphone using the 8x8 app saves me money every phone call. Bravo 8x8 for your reliable consistency. Very happy camper!

8x8 response

Hi Bob! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: July 5, 2022

This system is great and works from many places. Calls are directed to my cell phone and the customers don't even know it. The transfer feature and the compatibility with Google is very good and convenient.

8x8 response

Hi Joel! Thank you for the 5 star review! Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: July 5, 2022

I highly recommend 8x8.com! Their call quality is fantastic! I've not had any problems either on the phone app or my desktop app! The ability to send and receive texts from my desktop or phone is wonderful! The notifications from their system keeps me informed about missed calls, messages or voicemails. I highly recommend 8x8.com!!

8x8 response

Hi Katricia! Thank you for the 5 star review! Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: July 5, 2022

We enjoy working with 8x8 because it expands our work and relationship with the clients to more than just emails, so when we need to discuss something but do not want to go through the hassle of setting up a meeting, we can always call each other using 8x8 Work.

8x8 response

Hi Mara! Thank you so much for the 4 star rating. Have a great day!

Original review: July 5, 2022

They provide incredible customer service. Never had one issue with their service in over 5 years. The products they offer are easy to use and effective. I will be using them for all my companies. I know when I need phone features I find the best with 8x8.

8x8 response

Original review: June 20, 2022

We have had 8X8 VoIP service for the past 3 years but unfortunately, they have dropped our 800 number and for the past 6-months we have attempted to get this straight with 8X8 service. Forget about their "customer service" rep, Gerard, he doesn't answer or return calls EVER. I have escalated this up the ladder but unfortunately it has ended with empty promises and finger pointing. So sad that a once-good company is now the absolute worst at customer service. I hope they get this straight by the end of this week or our relationship with 8x8 will be severed, and I will be offsetting their final invoice against the credits owned for charging us with a number that does not exist. Ridiculous!

8x8 response

We sincerely apologize for the troubles you've had with the service. We'd be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at reviews@8x8.com. Thank you.

Original review: June 10, 2022

What a mess! Good luck if you can ever get the same response from two people at 8x8. Opened an account with them almost 4 years ago when I started a new company. We have grown very quickly, they are very quick to respond if you need to add a line. Yet, of course, make it super difficult to cancel a line. Regardless of that, if you talk to enough people, the line and license get cancelled, sometimes. Most of the time you will need to follow up with them again, and again, and again to make sure it's actually cancelled.

Now here comes the really good part. As we continued growing, we went from 4-5 licenses and a dozen lines, to 210 licenses over those 3 years. Over that time spending over $200k with 8x8. As we grew and staff numbers fluctuated, like I mentioned we occasionally had to cancel licenses. Not once in those years was a cancellation fee mentioned when we needed to cancel a license. Well, as a company, we decided to move our entire sales team to a new CRM system, one of the huge perks to this new system was that everything was incorporated directly in the platform including a phone system for the sales people. This is close to 100 sales people and it would cost us more for the new system but the benefits were incredible. Move all 100 of these people to their new crm, go to cancel their licenses with 8x8.

All of a sudden there are now cancellation fees for cancelling these licenses. What's the cancellation fee? The entire license fees for the year. By the way, this started back in January, and have been trying to get them reduced for the last 6 months. Talked to I can't tell you how many people, they refer you to someone higher up that has the authority to make that decision. Email them, no response. Literally they just ignore any email you send them, and of course the ironic part, they're a phone company, and none of these people pick up the phone.

I repeatedly emailed them the most logical thing I could think of, as our company is continuing to grow in every other department, and we had no plans to leave 8x8, why in the world would 8x8 want to insist on these fees and make us so unhappy that we move our entire company to another phone service and sacrifice the next 10+ years of our growing business? Literally not one response. Please, as someone who has had to deal with 6 months of trying to rectify this, use any other phone company in America.

8x8 response

We apology for the difficulties you experienced with us. If you would like some assistance or additional information, please contact us via reviews@8x8.com and we will be happy to help you further.

Original review: May 6, 2022

8x8 is easy to use, and half the cost of our previous provider. You have to be somewhat technical to get your office set up as everything is computerized. They have a chat option which will work for most, but I like also having the option to call in to customer service. I do not regret changing providers to 8x8 and would recommend them.

8x8 response

Original review: May 5, 2022

8x8 makes things so easy. I don't have a clunky phone on my desk anymore and I'm not chained to a cord. Thanks for making my job easy. A fax, email and text option streamlines everything into one place.

8x8 response

Original review: May 4, 2022

Our company has used 8x8 for many years. They are always very helpful with any issues we encounter. My account manager is amazing. He is always there with the solutions to our small issues. We are very happy with our VOIP through 8x8 and will continue to use them.

8x8 response

Hi Liza! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

8x8 Company Information