3.3/5 (81 ratings)

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 3, 2022

8x8 Team was super helpful, they had training for two levels and the instructor was very professional and helpful. I was able to set up all my users, lines, ring groups... but after one year they added $100 on top of my monthly payment price and no one seems to care. They kept my case open for two months then they closed it with no action!?! My sales rep told me, "You were on promotional price." If I'd known I was on promotional price I wouldn't have chosen the 8x8 at first place.

8x8 response

Oh no! We sincerely apologize for the issue that you experience. We'd be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at vom@8x8.com. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: April 29, 2022

We purchased 8x8's Contact Center 53 days ago. Our sales contact emailed me almost daily until I signed the sales order but once I signed it, I have never heard from him or anyone again. We've made numerous attempts to get ahold of someone from 8x8 to help us "deploy" Contact Center" without any luck. We've reached out to our sales rep Colby Chu numerous times and his delegated contact and receive zero responses. We've tried reaching out to 8x8 via their customer service line with no luck and even a few of their execs via LinkedIn and no response.

We did however start receiving the bill for Contact Center services almost immediately after signing the sales order, just no service. Unfortunately we are now in the process of researching new VOIP services with a higher rated customer service and deployment. We wish this were not the case, but our experience just has been very bad and it almost seems like 8x8 has closed down their support and deployment departments.

Original review: March 22, 2022

The system in concept is great, it was much most cost effective than our traditional phone lines and VERY flexible. The Polycom phone have amazing voice quality (haven't tried any other ones) You can have your office line on your laptop and cell phone so it travels where you do. Very handy when you have to be away from your desk and need to be reached. I continue to have audio cutting in and out at time and we have 500gb internet, so it's not that - it's an ongoing issue. I like the features so much I also got a line for my home. It is a good investment and cost effective.

8x8 response

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: March 22, 2022

I have had a hard time with the 8x8 phones when they are double ringing. I believe it is due to having group call pick up and ring groups combined for our office girls to be able to pick up each others' calls.

8x8 response

Hi, we are sorry that you faced an issue. Do you have the case ID so that we can escalate this to our support team or could you please share your contact details with us on reviews@8x8.com so that we can get in touch with you and resolve the issue.

Original review: March 8, 2022

8x8 has completely lost its way as a company. They have no customer service, their quality has degraded, and they are now refusing to turn over our records after we terminated our contract and have become non-responsive to requests from counsel. Notice their responses to all the 1-star reviews. A stock comment to which I guarantee they haven't responded. Run, don't walk. There are much better options out there.

8x8 response

Apologies for the inconvenience. Can you please send the specific details of the account or the latest case ID? Once we have the account details we can escalate this to the support team.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

In May of 2021 we signed up for a free trial but cancelled the next day without even setting anything up. We read some horrible reviews and decided we did not want to use them. We thought we dodged a bullet until we saw they charged us for service. After three separate phone calls and talking with a manager (phone calls were days apart because they kept telling us they took care of the refund), we ended up having to post on social media and they finally refunded our money after several weeks. Here we are approaching a year later and we receive and email that they are renewing our service. Renewing our service?!?! I called them and it took almost an hour for them to tell me that it was an auto generated email.

With the way this company operates, I don't believe them. You would be wise to stay away from this company. I'm confident that this isn't over and on the date that they said they would renew, I expect to see a charge from them. All the bad reviews unfortunately were true. I'm sure they will respond with some kind of apology. How they are still in business is a mystery.

8x8 response

Apologies for the late response. Checking the case ID that you provided to us with the support team and showing that account has been closed.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

The support is so terrible, I've been going back and forth with them for 2 months now trying to speak to a supervisor because no one seems to understand the simple issue I'm trying to address. We added more licenses for our employees, later on we had some employees leave, and I want to reduce the count of licenses so we can save some money and they will not without charging $1,000 plus termination fees just for having less employees? The phones go offline and down too often. Don't use this company.

8x8 response

Apologies for the inconvenience. Please send us your specific details or latest case ID so that we can escalate this to the support team.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I am a customer that has 12 phones and 15 lines with 8x8. I pay for PREMIUM services as our business requires it. I can say 8x8 is TERRIBLE. I understand mistakes happen. But with 8x8 it's been NON-STOP issues after issue. Only 1 tech call I have made has been a "user error" or my fault... I have had 3 issues that had to be escalated to their tier 2 tech support (IE: The customer service guy could not fix the issue because it was DEEP in the system.) I have had to delete whole users because the system could not see the MAC address, or device connected. I have had to call and erase an entire user again because they could not access the text messaging system through the app. This could not be fixed and we had to WIPE and reinstall the user.

NOW, I have paid for ALL calls to be recorded... ALL CALLS to be recorded and stored for up to a year. THIS IS A SERVICE WE PAY FOR! They didn't turn it on and they didn't tell me each individual user can turn this off. If we do not turn it on at each individual line. Why can't this be done from an admin line?? And why would I want employees to be able to turn off this feature!!!?? So I can't monitor customer relations?? STUPID. But of course, they did not cover ANY this AT ALL in training and set-up. So how could I know unless I'm some 8x8 user expert? TERRIBLE PHONE SERVICE!!! DO NOT USE 8x8!

8x8 response

Apologies for the inconvenience, can you please send us the latest case ID so that we can take a look into this and escalate to the support team.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Customer service is non existing. This is truly the worst experience by far and even after we canceled the service they continue to charge us. They have not idea what they are doing and they are very expensive as well.

8x8 response

Apologies for the inconvenience. Please send us the information of the account so that we can take a look into this.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

The system overall seems to to work well and the support was okay during the initial set-up of the system, But once you are set up and are no longer working with the sales team the customer service is horrible. If it would not be so much work to switch to a different company I would probably switch just based on the customer service.

I have tried the chat support several items and end up waiting to hear back for someone and finally after about 20 min. it just says no one is available. I have tried calling customer support several time and wait on hold for 30+ minutes and no one answers. They have support ticket options and sometimes that works a little better. They usually respond within a couple of days depending on the issue, and if you happen to be able to answer when they call and most of the help staff I have talked to from the support tickets are hard to understand with broken English and bad connections.

That being said I have a couple of support tickets that have been open for several weeks and I still have not heard from anyone on those. It's kind of hit or miss on getting in touch with anyone. The system has work pretty good for us but it is super frustrating when you are having an issue and cannot get in contact with anyone to fix it or have to wait days to get a response. I complain and they apologize and say it will not happen again, but it is the same every time.

8x8 response

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

8x8 customer support is severely lacking in the time it takes to get someone on the phone or in chat. Communication is an integral part of any business and if you want to boast as a company that you have 2 million plus businesses using your product then you should support those businesses. In 3 days I have dealt with 6 reps in total for what I thought was a simple billing issue. I got a new credit card for my business and failed to update my profile before the next pay cycle. My account was suspended due to nonpayment. At first glance, this isn't a problem. I was thinking I'll just go online and pay my bill as well as update my payment profile to avoid future issues. Not so fast! I was able to update my bill, but the option to pay said bill wasn't there.

I chatted in and after waiting 20 mins for an agent, the agent gave me a number to their billing team as the agent was unable to help me with my matter. I called the number and waited 30 mins to speak with someone. This agent said that it was a tier 2 issue and they would have to transfer me. I said that I am going on an hour now and I am just trying to pay my bill to get my account restored. Also, an important fact - I was only a month behind. The December bill never got paid because they charged for it in January after the card on file had expired. My account was only suspended not canceled or terminated so in theory it should of been a quick fix.

WRONG - after waiting for tier 2 they were able to process my payment and restore my account. I thought everything was good to go as it appeared everything was up and running. About 15 mins later, my account gets suspended again. I call the number they gave me again. This time I wait about 25 mins to get someone on the line. I explain the situation and ask if they can immediately connect me to tier 2 because tier 1 wasn't able to resolve my issue last time. The agent gets me over to tier 2 and they are able to turn my account back on. This call took roughly an hour. Everything seems like it's working and were good for about an hour.

We magically get disconnected and logged out of our user accounts and then when we sign in it says "this user is suspended". Furthermore, when we go to make outbound calls we get a recording on the line saying "your account is suspended. To resume service please make a payment of zero dollars." At this point it is near the end of the day and I put it off until the next day to fix because of thinking it's an issue they are resolving on their side since it keeps happening.

WRONG AGAIN - The next morning (today 1/22/22) I try to log into my account "this user is suspended." I pick up the phone and still get the recording. I immediately call in but no one picks up the phone for 45 mins. I go to chat in and after 25 mins I get someone on the chat. He says he can't help me and the billing dept is closed on weekends. He said he will reach out to level 2 support and see if someone can help. This chat started at 9:22am EST and it is now 11:04am EST. The issue is not resolved but it is "being worked on". The agent on chat wanted to move on and said someone from level 2 will reach out to me via phone once it's completed.

This is the type of service you as a consumer or business leader can look forward to. The company is too big for its own good. It simply lacks the infrastructure to support the many businesses it provides a service to. The leadership team seems to be non-existent. They have no problem collecting their monies, but have a huge problem delivering on the very reason you've hired them for.

8x8 response

Hi Serenity, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and escalate? Thank you

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

My company has used 8x8 for a decade, and we are trying to switch out. They have HORRIBLE customer service. You can't get ANY answers out of them! It's just not worth the headache of figuring it all out yourself...

8x8 response

Hi Adir, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and escalate? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Wanted to try out their services for a month, was thinking I'd probably keep, because needed minimal services. I initiated a port of one of my numbers, and then they stated it would take a week to complete. So I canceled everything. I then tried to port to another company and it was taking a while. After a week, I got an email from 8x8 that the port had completed to the closed account. I spent 2.5 hours with 6 different reps trying to resolve this, and in the end the said they've reopened the account, but the # is still not in that account and usable. I've been working with small businesses like my own for 25 years and their dashboard is downright archaic.. and convoluted. It's like there was absolutely no thought given to time and ease of use to the end of user.

8x8 response

Hi clint, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and escalate? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I have to have my bosses force log me out of salesforce, I click call and it says it's calling but it doesn't, you click answer and nothing happens so you click it again and again until it answers and then it hangs up on clients. Every single person in my dept. absolutely despises using 8x8. We have had so many problems with them and the service.

8x8 response

Hi Christopher, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and help out? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

When my card expired, I added ACH payment, but billing department hasn't charged money and now my account is deactivated. I asked support via email to help me (case **) , but they never called me back. I called to support line and no help as well. You don't need money?

Resolution response: Dec. 15, 2021

The company has since helped to resolve my issue. It seems, for now, that everything is OK.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I could not have had a worse experience with a company than I have with 8x8. I had a meeting with a guy about using this phone service, and when I finally went to make the purchase, they told me that the guy who I was working with quit. The new guy had a totally bad attitude, and told me everything that the previous guy said was wrong, and that my entire quote was invalid. He was un-helpful! His name was Shelby, and was absolutely terrible. Then, I tried to schedule another meeting (with John **). 5 minutes before the meeting, I got a reminder that our meeting was scheduling. Then, no one showed up. Here I am...15 minutes later, and no one showed up.

The more I looked into this company, I noticed that others have said the same thing. I would be very wary about this company, as they are really shady. Shelby even bad-mouthed the guy who left, saying that he was just trying to make the sale and was telling me things that were not true. I guess this is how this company behaves. I am so disappointed, because I was really excited about their prices and international calling. There are MANY other VOIP services out there...so, I guess I will look towards them. This was the biggest waste of time ever.

8x8 response

Good day Joshua, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the bad experience you encountered during onboarding. If you could DM us your account information we are more than willing to assist with the investigation of how our sales rep. handled this. Thank you

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Back in September I contacted 8x8 to get a quote for their service. I had an agent that was working with me and after going through the motions I told them I needed to talk it over with my partners and we decided we were going to hold off. Not only do I have verbal acknowledgment that I said that we were not going to follow through but I also have numerous emails stating that we were not taking the service at this time and her reply was to get back with her if we changed our minds or when we decided we wanted to go forward with it, then after a while I started receiving bill after Bill after Bill which I repeatedly tried to contact someone. I never was able to get a hold of anyone by phone and no one ever replied to any of my emails.

Then they started attacking my checking account every time I turned around trying to take the money out for a service that I do not have, do not use no way shape or form. Then they started telling me that they were going to charge me a cancellation fee of $900. And this morning I received another threatening email telling me that they were turning me over to the credit bureau as non-payment and that they would do whatever they had to do to get their money again. I do not have their service. I do not use their service but with a company that has terrible customer service and very little communication I feel as if they are scammers. I would not recommend this company to anyone especially a company just starting out.

8x8 response

Good day Theresa, We are sorry to hear about your issues. Can you please DM us your email address possibly assigned to your account so we can check and investigate internally? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

When Covid started and I needed more service, 8x8 changed their platform. You had to "create a case" for everything. I never had anything resolved, just auto emails saying they received the case. Over two weeks ago, my phone system went down, and I have since created 4 cases and it has yet to be resolved. My office is unable to receive incoming calls, although we can call out. In the cases I left my cell number asking them to call me. After 10 days I received an email saying they called my office and left a voice mail. On a phone system that I am unable to use! Then after 15 days they called my cell phone from an unknown number and left a voicemail asking for me to call them. It is really hard to run a business with a phone system that doesn't work and has no customer support. Several issues in the past but this is the worst!

8x8 response

Good day Allen, We sincerely apologize for the trouble you have encountered with the service. Please send us the information of your account and your latest case ID so we can investigate internally. Thank you

Resolution response: Nov. 29, 2021

After working with the company through Consumer Affairs, I was able to get the refund for the billing error that happened in the past. I am happy to resolve this issue, but will likely be going elsewhere for services in the future due to this problem and lacking support in Customer Service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Signed up for service and features are nice, but not really necessary for our small organization. For 10 phones it’s around $300/month, which is expensive for a nonprofit, but reasonable against other VOIP carriers. Support and Customer Service are lacking the most. You can never reach anyone live, or wait days for a response. You have to put in support tickets online and message back and forth with usually little resolution. Billing help is a joke - been waiting over a month for a refund when I spent months arguing that we’d been double billed, and still no refund or response from 8x8. Steer clear if you expect a VOIP service that has cheaper phone options because you’ll pay when you need assistance most.

8x8 response

Good day Chris, We apologize for the issues you've encountered with the service. Please DM us your latest case ID so we can investigate and escalate internally. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

8x8 Work, is such a useful tool for our employees! It's like having the physical office phone in your side or back pocket, literally. Not only can we answer office calls from our laptops, we can also answer office calls from our cell phones, anytime and anywhere! This feature has been such a tremendous help as we continue working through the Covid and from home a few days a week.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The 8x8 Work application has all the functionality required to use as primary collaboration function. The application is very reliable both using the soft phone on your PC and the mobile phone application. Installation and set up is very straightforward and easy to implement across your business. I would recommend the VoIP platform whether it be a large or small business.

8x8 response

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Great solution that includes both UC and CCaaS features. Strong after sale support. Very transparent, traded on NASDAQ, profitable and cash flow positive. This is a company that will continue to innovate and improve the product for many years to come.

8x8 response

We are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I started a business earlier this year and like most new startups you want quality with reasonable price. I needed a quality phone system and 8x8 gave me both. I was blown away by all the features I was getting at such a reasonable price. The best part is they are always improving. They are constantly sending me virtual invites to attend in order to learn more about current services as well as anything new that could help my business. The most impressive thing is their customer services. I receive courtesy emails and phone calls to make sure service is fine and if I have any questions. The process was simple to set up and the variety of plans you have at your disposal can accommodate any size businesses. Give them a call if you're in the market for a state of the arts communication company.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We are glad that you have chosen 8x8, we will do our best to provide the perfect experience for you. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Love the ability to manage all the extensions from one place - ability to quickly change from audio to video technology to texting - send email - great experience. Manage the entire system from one screen.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for the positive rating. We're happy that you're happy, and we're looking forward for more years to come! Have a nice day ahead

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The company I work for recently made the switch to 8x8 Work. It works great and you can run all different kind of reports, which is extremely helpful because most of us work from home. It allows you to customize what you are wanting to see. Any issues we have had the 8x8 support has been right there to make sure our issues are resolved.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Workforce Control Solutions chose 8x8 Work because of its reviews, however our experience with it has been better than what we read about it in the first place. The people in the company have all been professionals that know the job in the department they work in. They're quick to get us what we need or provide information on how we can achieve what we need with the software.

The software is VERY easy and intuitive to find your way around in it. Developing the phone tree was the toughest thing we had to accomplish - a quick 20 minute call with an agent resolved that. He was able to get it set up just right the second time through and gave us suggestions on how to make it better and he was right. It turned out to be a great training experience for us as we can administrate everything we want to do on our own now.

The services we provide demand a solid line that doesn't drop or sound like it's underwater. If you have a fast enough connection at your place of business, these phones not only have every feature of very expensive corporate systems, but they deliver crisp, clear communications over long periods of time with many people conferenced in. The equipment is first class quality for a very affordable price.

We use a lot of the features. The product keeps being developed and becoming even more valuable. The value delivered is well worth it. We are a small business that operates like a big business. Direct lines. Personal extensions. Transfer to someone else's extension on the other side of the country. The software is well documented and intuitive as well. All in all, we wouldn't trade our system for another. Why would we? 8x8 Work let's you take it with you without the customer even knowing you've switched over to mobile. And back again. 8x8 is SOLID AS A ROCK for WCS!

8x8 response

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a 5-Star review. Thank you for sharing your wonderful and great experience with 8x8. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

There are plenty of cloud communication platforms out there but what separates 8x8 is their combination of top end products/services and the customer relationship platform to match. When you have an issue (which is few and far between with 8x8), their team is there to help fix the problem and ensure that you're taken care of with as little downtime as possible. Their products and services are top notch and they have the ability to cater to a wide variety of business structures. 8x8 is the future of cloud communication and the sooner businesses use them, the more successful they'll be.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Beyond horrible customer service. Once they get you to sign a contract they could care less. Bad reception, phone app will drop calls or have bad call quality. I am a business and all of my calls come up as spam likely so people avoid our calls

8x8 response

Good day Rosanna, We are sorry that your experience didn’t quite match your expectations, please know that we are here to assist. Please let us know your latest case ID regarding your issues and we will escalate internally.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Great Platform for reporting, managing, and controlling a Virtual Call Center! Couldn't be more pleased with the progress my company has made in developing a revenue center that furthers our billables and gives us better insight into our calls

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I manage a very busy and large medical office. 8x8 is our phone system and we are very pleased. It offers many features and can be designed to meet your business needs. The tech support is also great.

8x8 Company Information