8x8 Reviews

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

Stars Rating

• 44%
  • 34%
  • 6%
  • 1%
  • 14%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 20, 2024

The actual service is stable and uptime is good. That is where the good ends. 8x8 ownership is only focused on profit and will nickel & dime you for every feature that should be included, get ready to pay for a user license just to hot desk a phone. The admin scheduling is terrible, no recurring events, you can't set users passwords as an admin. The call analytics are useless. The support is scripted and takes forever to get to a competent agent, calling in will have you waiting forever. They will rob you of any referral fees. The ownership is deaf to any concerns.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're satisfied with the stability and uptime of our service, as these are areas we strive to excel in. We take your feedback about the additional costs for certain features, the limitations in admin scheduling, call analytics, and the support experience seriously. We are continuously working on improving our services and your feedback is invaluable in this process.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

8x8 seamlessly integrated with our CRM and the support was so patient and diligent in walking us through all the new compliance requirements for SMS enabling. The staff is loving it and is keeping our communication with our customers more organized.

Pinned

Hi Tia, Thank you for leaving a positive review. We are pleased you have had such a good experience with 8x8, and the staff loves it.

Online & App

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Generally works with no issues. Voice service will intermittently become scratchy/jumpy at times of heave internet use. There appear to be semi frequent outages relating to the team's integration. As we are not currently using that feature, it does not affect us. I do like the ability to seamlessly forward calls to my cell phone (via the app) when I am away from my desk/out of the office.

Pinned

Dear Customer, thank you for your response, we appreciate it. It's great you find it convenient to use the app on your phone to take calls when you are out of the office.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

It's a good phone system for my job. Works as promised. I use 8X8 every workday to contact clients seamlessly. It also has texting features which are great for quick communication. The voicemail functions well. With the app I can work from home, the coffee shop, or even the beach! 8x8 is a good product.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffEase of Use

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I recommend using 8x8 for all of your business needs. The customer service associates are very helpful and quick to respond with any questions or issues you may be having. They have some nice features to use as well. You can have multiple phone and texting lines and the app on your phone is easy to navigate.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

STAY AWAY!!! I booked in yesterday with agent John ** and within 5 minutes I had a phone. No one helped me start it or login, I asked the agent multiple times on what to do. When I asked about messaging he told me to contact support. I contacted support and was told it would be an additional $80 but no one stated that in the contract I signed. I told him I want the account cancelled and closed. He said that was fine and an agent would contact me within 24 hours. It's been over 24 hours AND NO ONE CONTACTS ME. I contacted their support service online and was told to wait 48 hours. When I said that would not happen I was told that cancellations take 30 days!!!! Excuse me, I cancelled within an hour of opening the service and they want me to wait 30 days to cancel. These posts will get worse and I am contacting BBB and I've contacted my bank.

Pinned

We sincerely apologize for the recent experience you have encountered with our services. We understand that our performance fell short of expectations, and we want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to address the issues you encountered.

Customer ServiceEase of Use

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

Look, I've been through all the options. 8x8 is the leader in the global industry for a reason. Some of the reporting options PAY for the entire system for years when used in reengagement say on the abandoned call - CALLBACK! The softphone is ridiculously EASY to use, yet VERY robust for anyone seeking more. 8x8 is simply, the best.

Pinned

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with reporting and the 8x8 softphone user experience. Thank you for being our valued customer!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

My experience with this company over the 4 years we have been serviced has been exceptional. They are very prompt to handle any problem that has occurred over the years. They are always updating the system to stay relevant with the constant change in technology.

Pinned

Hi Alecia, thank you for taking the time to review a review. We strive to provide exceptional customer service, so we are thrilled we have delivered. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2023

8x8 has great features and great customer support. They are growing and optimizing which naturally comes with issues and bugs, but the team has been great over at 8x8. I would recommend anyone looking to implement a phone system at their company to give 8x8 a shot!

Pinned

Hi Aaron, thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide a excellent customer service and it's great to hear we have delivered. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Online & App

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2023

The part that we totally love from 8x8 is that they keep us updated with seminars and the features of the app. We love their trainings to teach us how we can improve our skills and now how to use their app correctly. Thanks!

Pinned

Hi, we really appreciate your feedback and it's great to hear you love the seminars and training. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Ease of Use

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

The GUI is easy for users to follow and understand without too many instructions. The Admin Console is intuitive. Getting around the system is easy. The mobile app and desktop app are similar, so no additional training is needed.

Pinned

Hi Sandra, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted you find 8x8 so easy to use. We value your feedback!

Online & AppStaffEase of Use

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

8X8 iOS fantastic and ultra streamline + efficient. 8X8 VOIP products are second to none in their industry. Mobile unified messaging is a breeze with 8X8s super simple interface/UX. Both customers and staff alike can easily navigate thru the user friendly menus and trees to find exactly what they need.

Pinned

Hi Michael, thank you for leaving such a glowing review, we are thrilled you find the 8x8 product so easy to use and efficient.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

We were happy with our 8 x 8 surface. However, ending our business relationship with this company has been a nightmare. I phoned in the end of September and canceled our business account and asked for a pin # and a port ID, which were provided to me. I changed our service to a cell phone carrier at this time. On November 2. I received a notice that my account was overdue. When I phoned Customer Service I was informed that my account had not been canceled. Informed the rep that I had canceled my account, and received a pin number and port ID to leave their service. The customer service rep represented insisted that I had not canceled my account, and that I would still be responsible to pay for yet another 30 days of service at nearly $200 a month. I would owe them $400 for two months of service that I did not use and could not use. She said that because of the rules she could not change this. I insisted I had canceled the account.

When I asked to speak to a cancellation supervisor, she informed me they would email me in 2 to 3 days. Because that of their poor and incompetent business practices, my company will be responsible for $400 worth of service for which we had no access and services we did not use. I was informed that you don’t pay for the, phone service, you pay for a license and that we owe $400 for the license. No matter how many times I insisted that I had canceled. She said it didn’t matter. The representative did not document this, so I owed $400. Stay away!

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

Watch the auto renewal. No notice given. Your account is on auto renewal so if you go to switch they stick it to you!!!! Beware!!! I had service for over 4 years. Never had a notification given my account was up for auto renewal.

Pinned

Hi Michael, we are sorry you weren't aware of the auto renew, if you would like any further clarification on this please reach out to us.

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

I would recommend this product to all colleagues and friends. Both the app and browser functionally work the same. Really like the ability to use the call recording feature to send notes to clients. The caller ID functions is great.

Pinned

Hi Paulina, thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are thrilled you find the 8x8 features great and you are recommending 8x8 to colleagues and friends, thank you!

Staff

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2023

Since implementing 8x8 our organization has been able to provide a streamlined user experience for all team members while supporting a better customer experience and journey. Jeff ** has been an asset to our organization to help support our organization with data analyses that contribute to better business decisions and strategies.

Pinned

Hi Kimberley, thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are delighted that the 8x8 solution has enabled your organization to deliver a better customer experience. We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing 8x8.

Customer ServicePriceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2023

This is first bad review I have written in my life. I've been with 8x8 for years. No complaints service wise but lately I have started noticing A LOT of billing errors. Just last year they overcharged us almost $7000. They did not want to give me a refund. They said, "It's your job as a customer to make sure the billing is correct." Hell it's also their job to charge the right amount. Now I have another billing issue and this is going to right up there or even higher possibly. And boy are they avoiding me like the plague. The communication has been horrible. I have put in 3-4 tickets with no resolve.

Billing is outsourced and the language barrier is real. I end up repeating myself 10 times. I don't want anything from 8x8 except for them to fix my billing and give me a refund of what they have overcharged. If I don't get this billing issue resolved, I will definitely moving my services and hiring an attorney to recover the amount overcharged. No company should be allowed to overcharge 7K and then do it all over again!

Pinned

Dear Sushi, we are sorry you have had such a bad experience with 8x8. We strive to provide a high level of customer satisfaction and it's disappointing we fell short with your billing.

Reviewed July 19, 2023

Not all is bad with 8x8, features and calls are mostly decent. Unless issues happen, getting anyone to help is quite hard, getting anyone to help without trying to upsell you is impossible. Also no matter what they say, the only thing that matters is what is in WRITING. They will lie about almost everything. If you try to cancel it will be the hardest most frustrating thing you will ever do. If you thought getting help was difficult when you are working together, you can imagine the difficulty when they have no use for you.

Pinned

Hi Jeff, we apologize for the poor support you have experienced. We take your feedback seriously and are committed to improving our customer service. If you contact us directly at reviews@8x8.com with more details about the issue we can address them and ensure a better experience in the future. Thankyou for bringing this to our attention.

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 14, 2023

Good product to use. Had them for about 2 years now. 100-person enterprise level business. Friendly service. Call trees are easy to set up. Coming from the Oneplus for many years I decided to try Samsung. It checks all the boxes and then some. I can actually use this phone on any carrier I want. I use MVNO's and this is a major bonus for me. It's a little smaller and flat screen which is cool with me. It's extremely bright and the screen is crisp crisp clear. It's taking me a little to get use this device but I find it very nice to be honest. There are a lot of cases to choose from unlike Oneplus also. It charges pretty quick and the battery is great. I like it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 13, 2023

8x8 provides good phone service and great and prompt customer support! When issues with service come up, you submit a ticket and you get prompt response and good service from their technicians! Would strongly recommend 8x8.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We are thrilled to hear that our services and support team have met your expectations and provided you with a satisfactory experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2023

The 8x8 system is a tremendously user-friendly phone system. The admin portal is simple and clean to use. We have had little to no issues. All calls go to the desk phone and the 8x8 mobile app so missing calls is now a thing of the past. Highly recommend this product.

Pinned

Thank you for your glowing review; we truly appreciate your trust in our company! Thank you for being our Valued Customer!

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed July 11, 2023

Our company switched to 8x8 about 10 months ago and I have no complaints. Set up was smooth, the account rep that worked with us was great with task management and following up. They handled all of the porting of 100 extensions from our previous provider, we didn't have to lift a finger. We use the Teams integration and users picked up on how to use it immediately. Call quality is great, and managing extensions in the admin portal is very easy.

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback. Here at 8x8 we strive to deliver top-notch service and ensure that every customer feels valued and satisfied so reading such a nice review is amazing! Thank you for being our Valued Customer!

Customer ServicePriceEase of Use

Reviewed July 11, 2023

We have taken our Care Center from only being able to answer phone calls to offering our customers SMS, chats, and emails. This was all without extra cost from 8x8! The ease of use and ability to work anywhere have made it possible for me to hire the best talent located anywhere in the country. In my opinion, going with 8x8 was one of the best decisions our company could have made for our customers.

Pinned

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your feedback serves as a great source of motivation for our entire team we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

Reviewed June 7, 2023

I was very hopefully after talking to the sale rep about how their system would work for my multiple businesses. The sales person absolutely BLEW up my phone day and night after we talked to look at the proposal and sign the contract. First red flag. Got the account setup, doesn't work. Waited a day, went in to set things up and the system is buggy. Also discovered that what the sales person told me was inaccurate and I would have never signed up for the system.

To cancel, you HAVE to call in. They are all overseas and there's a definitely miscommunication. Fine, I call in. Request a cancelation. Someone from another team needs to contact me. Completely unnecessary steps if you ask me. I did trials with several other service providers and the time to get setup and running over 8x8 was a fraction of the time. I have wasted nearly a day of my time dealing with 8x8 over things that other companies can do in seconds. If you value your time, go elsewhere.

Pinned
    Hi Kenneth, thank you for your review, your feedback is
    important to us. We apologize for the difficulty you’ve had with your
    service - please share your account details with reviews@8x8.com and

someone will be in touch. Thanks!

Price

Reviewed May 25, 2023

I've only been with 8x8 for a short time but have been pleased with my decision to go with them. From set up to using the system, everything is smooth & easy. Ongoing training is readily available. Their pricing is lower than most and I have had no issues.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating -

it's much appreciated!

Reviewed April 6, 2023

I think this is a great service for any business that wants to be efficient. I can send sms messages to confirm my appointments, answer calls, and listen to voicemails all from my computer. Pairing it with a good headset has allowed me to answer when I am not sitting at my desk. The app is amazing at it allows me to answer from my cell phone so I never have to miss a call or be chained to my desk. Many wonderful features and I love the tutorials I can find online at any time I need them. I would definitely recommend this service.

HI Silvia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating -

it's much appreciated!

Reviewed March 3, 2023

My company is a boutique firm with 40 employees, we implemented 8x8 VoIP service and had nothing but problems. They claimed to integrate with our widely used CRM system but the integration never worked properly. We had major issues with their texting capability. Furthermore, their customer service and sales team were absolutely terrible- they are fully remote in Asia and you could never get anything resolved. You wait on hold for hours and then are repeatedly transferred. Our account rep was new every other month. I finally had to switch to Ring Central which has been a phenomenal change for my firm. I then continued to receive fraudulent charges from 8x8 which I am now disputing after I had received written communication that we had properly cancelled our account. I don't normally take the time to write reviews but if I can save another business owner this nightmare- happy to help. -Emily

Pinned

Dear Emily, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and share your contact details at reviews@8x8.com. We would be more than happy to assist you.

PriceEase of Use

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2023

My international customers needed a voice system that could easily route calls between their Germany headquarters and their United States offices disparate systems and without incurring long distance charges. They also needed to have their services integrate with Microsoft Teams and have a mobility app on their cell phones. 8x8 was the perfect fit to provide the functionality needed at a competitive price and ease of use and support after the sale. I would highly recommend them to businesses considering a hosted voice system.

Pinned

Hi Robin! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

They are a Great company with great products. Our company has used them for years and we have no plans to change or switch our services to any other company for. I Highly recommend contacting them for your VOIP needs. Their service has always been top notch. Anytime you contact them they are very quick to respond and help.

Pinned

Hi Bill! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2023

To be fair the Service is fine. Everything else about 8x8 is a nightmare. We have been using 8x8 for 9 years. They used to be a good company and we had a dedicated rep for our 40+ properties across the US. Support used to be good too as you could call in and get a helpful person on the other end of the phone. Unfortunately something changed at 8x8. My rep was reassigned and I got multiple reps for all of my different sites. They just send me an email saying, "I'm your new rep," but don't to tell me the site. Not helpful when you have 40+ accounts.

The support is very bad and can only be done initially through a web portal and then through email. There is a chatbot that is worthless. We have been moving all of our accounts away from 8x8 for these reasons to another provider that still maintains good customer service and support for the same price. This is taking a bit of time since 8x8 has now moved from being able to set your account to a month to month plan to annual auto renewal terms. You have to hit the notice just right. Also it has taken up to 4 months to port lines away from them. Nightmare of a company. I would strongly suggest to anyone that they shop around.

Pinned

Hi Dale! Thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. We apologize for the difficulty you’ve had with your service - if you have any questions or concern please don't hesitate to contact us at reviews@8x8.com

8x8 Company Information