Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: April 2, 2021

Beware of 8x8 service agreement. They trick you into what they call “automatic” yearly renewal commitments. According to them if you try to cancel you’ll be liable for the years payment balance. It’s also impossible to get their customer service on the phone unless it’s for a new sale. It just took me over a week to get a call back to request a service cancellation.

8x8 response

Good day Yaniv. We are sorry to hear about your issues with your service contract. Please know that this is stated on the 8x8's current Terms and Conditions and sections 2.1, 2.3.1, 11 & 12 of your existing service agreement for further cancelation details.

Reference: https://support.8x8.com/support-services/billing-account-management/how-to-cancel-an-8x8-account-or-extension

If there are any disparity with your contract please DM us your cancellation case ID and we will check.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I would avoid 8x8 if at all possible. If you are looking for a smooth resolution then 8x8 is not the way to go. When trying to contact 8x8 it is a hit or miss. Even if you do get a human they cannot help you and have to transfer you to advanced support. When I was told I would receive a call back my phone would ring 1 time and then they would hang up. When I would reach out all they would say is they are notating the account. It takes days to reach the proper person to help and the customer service is horrible. They do not use basic courtesy and are rude to deal with. We will be looking for a new service as soon as our contract is up.

8x8 response

Hello Earl, thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review about your experience with our service. We are disheartened to hear about your overall experience with us. We will escalate this matter internally so we could have a faster resolution about your technical concern. If anything like this happens again, please write us on reviews@8x8.com together with your account details so we could have a support follow up ASAP. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Unbelievably poor customer service!! Impossible to connect with a human being to stop my subscription so I had to resort to calling my credit card and telling them to refuse and block any further payments thinking that would prod a human being to call me....when they call it comes up as spam so I dont answer the phone. They leave a message with a number- 1-888-898-8733.. I call and get told to go online and speak to OTTO, a ROBOT who can answer all my questions...

After numerous attempts to reach a human being, I finally was able to reach someone in the sales department who put me in contact with the "right person " and I received a confirmation email my service was cancelled...and today I got another phone call marked spam with a voice mail telling me they can't process my payment! Amazing. The difference from when I started my service...couldn't get enough customer support. Now you can't reach a human being. Do not use this service!

8x8 response

Good day Lisa, sorry to hear about your issues reaching out to our support. Can you please message us your account information? Thank you

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I was with 8x8 for 3 months shy of a year. Calls seemed good quality but, the company is not ideal. Any time I tried to get help they wouldn’t help me, either I couldn’t get a hold of someone or they would tell me to get a hold of my rep. I had no clue who my rep was and apparently they couldn’t tell me. Eventually I got the name of the person but, they apparently didn’t know his email. I was frustrated being the system is not user friendly at all! Just setting it all up was difficult. Making a call was fine.

So since I couldn’t get help on the issues I decided to cancel. I can understand with paying a cancelation fee of $99 like I was told but now it’s $119 plus I have to pay for the last 3 months of service. So I would be paying even more than if I just kept it the extra 3 months! You would think with the issues I had with it they would at least cancel the cancelation fee. DO NOT GO WITH 8x8. I went with Vonage and it’s user friendly and I get help when I need it. Sent an email back telling the rep I will just not cancel and pay the remaining 3 months! So stupid.

8x8 response

Good day Julie, My name is Joe of 8x8. First off we are sorry to hear about your issues with your accounts policy. Unfortunately there is a fee for early termination of contract and its stated on the terms and condition. If you are having issues reaching out to support and is not getting full help, we will review and check your concern. Will you be able to share your latest case ID? Please send it to us via private response.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I would consider looking elsewhere when looking for a VoIP solution. After 10 years as a customer, our business needs changed. 8x8 claims the Terms of Service include an annual auto-renew of their service. Talking to someone on the phone is almost impossible. This also leaves a terrible end to our relationship with them. I would definitely look at other solution partners.

8x8 response

Good day Todd, we are sorry to hear about your issues with account policies. Unfortunately the amount you owe will vary based on your service agreement. Typical charges include any unpaid usage fees, disconnection or termination fees, and any past due amounts.

If there are discrepancies about the charges incurred please share and DM us your account information so we can investigate. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

We have had 8x8 VOIP for several years and are quite dissatisfied. We can't use headphones or free our staff from desk phones. They will not answer their phones, email, texts or any other communications for service. They are debiting our bank for monthly payments, yet we can't reach anyone to help. They are holding our long time phone number hostage. I would steer clear.

8x8 response

Good day Jan, we are sorry to hear about your issues with support. Can you please DM us your latest case ID together with your account details? Thank you

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I will admit there are times when I would give 8x8 five stars. When everything goes smoothly they have an excellent product. However, there are numerous issues, most already mentioned by others, that have put me in the market for a replacement.

1. Sales staff will say things that are blatantly untrue or incredibly deceptive. For example "Can we add and remove lines at any time?" "Yes of course you can." "Are their any fees." "No fees." But if you cancel a line outside of the 30day window around your contract renewal you will be charged for however many months remain until that renewal. We nearly canceled the first time this happened and when we complained were assured it would not happen again. And it did.

2. Support has never been great and as mentioned by many others it has gotten much worse recently. For example; I have a ticket in the system now. It should be a straightforward issue to change an extension number but the management interface is returning an error. Instead of simply fixing the issue I've gotten a couple of call backs that I missed. They will update the ticket that they tried to call and give me a number to call them but when I call it it refers me back to the online self-service and hangs up. What they will not do is simply say why they need to speak to me or what additional information they need. If so I would enter the information online and be done. Oh and according to my Verizon cell phone their calls are a "ROBOCALL" and "LIKELY JUNK" and not identified as 8x8.

I keep hearing that they are making changes to make support better for their larger customers (like me) but it's going in the opposite direction.

8x8 response

Good day Mike, We are sorry to hear about your experience with support. For ordering lines you can order it anytime but for cancelling line, you will be subject to disconnection fees and Contract Buy Out fees where applicable. For the issues encountered from support please kindly DM us the case ID and we will review and escalate your concern internally.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

This is the worst business phone system I ever had in the 20 years of business. The representative did not tell me that I had to set up the phone system. This was a very difficult task to set up. Worst of all it took a mission to Mars and back to get a "live" customer service rep. on the phone to help you. I would never never ever recommend this company to anyone. If I could give a 1/64 star rating I would instead of the 1 star rating the system is letting me put.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

We've been using the phone service for couple of weeks now and are contended with the phone service but... First request for porting the number during sign up was less than desired, we waited couple of weeks to get the number ported but we did not receive notification from 8x8 that the porting submission was pending action on our part and we had to unlock our number with the provider. When we logged in the account after couple of weeks, we found the hard way that the porting was not even started and there was no notification from 8x8 on outstanding task on our end.

It shows the company just doesn't have a good support system - They expect the consumers to spend hours to read their knowledgebase. In addition, the phone finally ported on one Friday. We received notification that the porting was completed but now the phone was dead making us scramble to figure why our phone was not working. Apparently the porting was only partially completed, the case was yet to be assigned to someone internally in order to complete the porting and this was on a business day, we were without phone service for 6 hrs that day.

I have wasted anywhere between 6 to 8 hours trying to understand why OBi 300 is not available to be added to our account, they are only 6 devices available to be added to our account. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEIR SUPPORT. OTTO, their self help is useless and can't even provide direction on what needs to be done to reach support staff to get it answered. Most likely switch to another service if they are unable to provide support when needed.

8x8 response

Hello FZ, we are sorry to hear about your troubles with your porting request and support issues. Please message us your recent case ID or account information so we can assist ASAP.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I have been with 8*8 for years and since they moved to the new platform their support is horrible. They self resolve your case if they do not get to it within 5 days. It seems like it is a game to them. Moving on.

8x8 response

Good day Charles, sorry to hear about your issues with our support. Can you please DM us your recent case ID so we can look into it? Thank you

8x8 Company Information