3.9/5 (567 ratings)

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I first used 8x8 when I was starting a small part time Chiropractic clinic. For their most basic plan, it was inexpensive and offered the ability to take calls on my cell phone when I wasn't physically in the office. Working on a shoestring budget, it was a great option, and never left me feeling like I needed more. Now, I am in a much bigger office with 3 staff members and multiple phone/fax lines. We are utilizing the service to its full potential, and it has never let us down!! Highly recommend them, in fact another provider in town switched to 8x8 on my recommendation and they love it too!!

8x8 response

Hi Paul! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: July 6, 2022

I am very happy with the whole system once I got it set up the way I needed. I have been a customer for appox. 10 years or more. With the last system upgrade I no longer can make my own system tweaks and I have had a hard time find a technician to help with the tune up when I call after hours. Not many of their new hires can work on my older phone tree design when I call after hours for help. Calling during the day would be the simplest thing to do. Overall I give them an A+ (it will be an A++ when I get a very specific issue worked out).

8x8 response

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2022

I have been using the 8X8 VOIP services and system for my business continually over the last 12 months, and it has been a valuable and glitch free system in every way, focusing on their Online phone and texting services. And their system and service is the most affordable system that I have found, with an easy monthly payment. And, their customer support has always been fast, competent, friendly and effective, with chat and even Live Support Team Members who speak excellent English, and they really their product and can fix any issue I have had (which have only been a few)..

8x8 response

Hi Tari! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: May 5, 2022

I am so happy that I purchased this phone system.. It makes me so glad that I have a listed number and equipment and an auto attendant and all kinds of other capabilities, to transfer calls and look and perform as if I am a Fortune 500 company. The service and equipment cost me less than $20 per month. This was the best decision I made ever..,. Now the only concern I have is the integration with my ZOHO CRM. It has been a little challenging to say the least but the tech support took good care of me when I realized I was not talented enough to do on my own..

8x8 response

Original review: March 22, 2022

The system in concept is great, it was much most cost effective than our traditional phone lines and VERY flexible. The Polycom phone have amazing voice quality (haven't tried any other ones) You can have your office line on your laptop and cell phone so it travels where you do. Very handy when you have to be away from your desk and need to be reached. I continue to have audio cutting in and out at time and we have 500gb internet, so it's not that - it's an ongoing issue. I like the features so much I also got a line for my home. It is a good investment and cost effective.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Best I have ever used. We had tried several in the past and this is the best of them all. It's very easy to set up, easy to use. Customer service is great and very fast and reliable. They go above and beyond to help you with what you need.

8x8 response

Hi Christina! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I have deployed many web-based phone systems, but 8x8 was by far the easiest to do. Options for physical devices, softphones or cell phone app were a great fit for our business. Remote users can plug any headset into their laptop to make and receive calls, Salespeople can add the 8x8 app to their phone to keep personal and business contacts separate... But mostly, the administrative panel is very easy to use. Great product, but mostly Great Decision.

8x8 response

Hi Nancy! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

8x8 is a great service to have in place when times require us to be flexible and mobile. I highly recommend this service. It is flat rate and the bill always stays at the same amount month after month. I love this system. It works on Polycom phones as well as an app for IOS or Android systems. It's easy to run with or without hardware.

8x8 response

Hi George! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

This is an excellent product that assists me working with clinics and clients across the country. The ease of installation, the timely and necessary updates and actual user-friendly interface is worth the investment!

8x8 response

Hi Melanie! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star rating - it's much appreciated!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I am current customer and every time I call to change something, I get the run around on the phone and very tough to speak to a manger for some reason. The contracting process and tricky and they make very difficult to get out of it even when you are very unhappy with the service. Horrible company, poorly trained staff and therefore awful customer service. I am looking for ending my relationship with them. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM!

8x8 response

Hi Ali, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at reviews@8x8.com. We would be more than happy to assist you.

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information