toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Within 2 months we were vexed with this vendor. They have genuinely friendly SALES people. I read Customer Service is spotty, but that's a huge understatement. It's like a lottery. They have some good guys, but most of the time you get NOBODY. When you want to disconnect, GET READY TO PAY MONEY. 30 day notice - PAY an ADDITIONAL MONTH. For breaking a contract - PAY 60.00 per user. EITHER WAY THEY GET YOUR MONEY. Seems like a third world run CASINO.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

8x8

Hello Victor. We are sincerely sorry that it took you so long to get a response from our support team. We do see now that you have been in touch with support and that they have recommended a specific resolution for you. We'll be following up again to make sure that recommendation provides you with the closure you need so you can get back to business. We very much appreciate your patience.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

We have had issues with the service for a while. 10 days ago I tried calling and was on hold for 45 minutes so I hung up. I tried the online chat, after 45 minutes with this person we got disconnected. I assumed he would call me since he knew the company, the issue and I verified all info with him...but another opportunity wasted and no call back ever. So I went and filled out a ticket #** 10 days ago and still cannot get a call to fix the issue. I tried other times to call and I CAN NEVER GET A LIVE PERSON. I tried virtual online chat and the queue says, "will be with you shortly." 25 minutes later they have still not responded. We spend hundreds of dollars a month with them for years and this is their customer service when an issue arises? Multiple phones are not working and we get no response. I would like a call back. This is ridiculous.

The companies I worked for before used different telephone companies. So when I moved to this company, somebody who use the 8x8 service referred it to us, so that’s how we turned to them. I have a good response from them when I need some assistance. I use the normal telephone line and the voicemail for sales, customer service and from the people who use our station. But I am having some problems with the fax from the virtual office. I used to use it but I don’t know why it was disconnected or discontinued for service, and I want to really start using it. Also, there were times that I used to have a lost connection for the telephone, but now it happens less. Everything is working better now. I’ve had a good experience with 8x8. They're a good company.

We've been with 8x8 since 2011. The system is easy to use, and we use it mostly for inbound calling where customers call and then it gets redirected to where it needs to go. I haven’t talked to anybody at 8x8 in a while. I had one frustrating experience with one of the settings a couple of years ago, but we got it resolved. I spoke to a couple of account reps. One was really good and engaged, but the other one left me alone. Additionally, I made some adjustments to my account and one of the reps walked me through it, and she was really good. Overall, my experience with 8x8 has been okay.

I've been using 8x8's phone system since 2005. Most of the time it works perfectly but sometimes we seem to have a little bit of a stutter on the line. I can hear most of what the other party is saying but occasionally when they said something, I don't know if they're dialing out on a voice over IP system. It could be their side or my side but we never know anymore what people are calling on. In the past, when I've needed to call their customer service, they've always been most helpful and they've always responded. Even if I had an issue with their website, they've responded and problems have always been taken care of. Unfortunately, they can't control my internet connection if there were problems. So far, they've given me a fixed monthly cost on all my phone calls so it makes life easy to budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

After spending plenty of research for a VOIP Service Provider it appeared that 8x8 VOIP (http://8x8.com) would be my company's best choice. Sales department was smooth and efficient, like One would expect, until the first problem and then the customary "I will send a Support Ticket to Technical Support". I am still waiting for that call. Finally I called Technical Support and after an exhaustive wait on hold listening to the same recording "Your Call Is Important To Us..." 30 minutes, 1 hour... yes someone finally answered and proceeded to read to me the same online diagnostic protocol from the 8x8 Self Help Library. Yes I am IT and I can read too! The end result? I am still waiting for Tech to fix their problems:

Complaint #1 SMS does not work! Complaint #2 Microphone volume on outgoing calls is too low for other parties to hear (Note: Polycom 310 VOIP Phone). Check the Internet and you too will find plenty of complaints regarding Microphone Level too Low. The Greatest Complaint: The above comments being said "8x8 Technical Support is even Lower." 8x8 VOIP could be a great company, if and only if, they first create a great Technical Support Department. As of now support is overrated at 3 stars... should be a zero, however, I am not quite harsh enough to provide such a poor rating.

We use 8x8 for general office use and their team was courteous. The last time, however, they weren’t able to help us. We had to get our IT guy out. We were having trouble with the internet and it had something to do with the modem. 8x8 kept telling us the modem was correct but it wasn’t. We didn’t even have the right kind of modem. It was a big issue. We switched internet providers and had them bring the correct modem then our IT guy was able to set everything up correctly. We've had our troubles with 8x8. Throughout the years, sometimes the calls dropped, sometimes the calls had bad static . Other than that 8x8 works for what we need it for and it’s a good program. Overall it’s been a pleasant experience.

As an administrator, I refer out 8x8 when people ask me, but I warn them that without high internet speed, the system will fall short in comparison to the demands of the office. We had them when we moved to this new building and until we got the fiber, we had significant issues because the bandwidth would not support the multiple lines. It would drop out and the call quality was bad. However, the 8x8 team has always been helpful. There have been times when I have called and have not always gotten the issue resolved right away, but they're good about getting somebody to help us out and get it fixed within 24 to 48 hours. Also, their software and their ability for me to go in and delete voicemails and listen to them, and the way that they are set up in our system to be emailed, and we can access them through the email system is all great. So it's good for productivity.

8x8 is our first VoIP system and we’ve been with them for 10 years now. We have many extensions in which some are for inbound-outbound sales, while others are for operations. We’re a construction company so we might have mobile offices and 8x8 has been a great help, as far as being able to take our phones and put them wherever these mobile offices be situated is concerned. Their team was friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable any time we’ve called them. 8x8 is also reasonably priced for a full system that can do everything we need to do. The only downside that we’ve had is sometimes the sound is not the greatest. But other than that, they have been very good for us.

I heard about 8x8 through one of our business coaches and it's been a good experience with them. My sales rep's tremendous. Even if it’s not something that she can help me with, she gets me to the right person. On the other hand, tech support sometimes can be a little tricky. I get bounced around a little bit there. But eventually, I do get to the right person and get it answered.

We started a new company and we're satisfied with 8x8's phone system. Everything’s been timely resolved and customer service is good.

We use the phone system by 8x8 for general office use and it has maintained our business. Their team has been very friendly and helpful. Whenever I need something, they are able to answer and get it for me so I have no problems. I’m very satisfied.

8x8 takes care of everything we need and their price is right. When we have a problem, the team quickly deals with it. We've also recommended the service to other business owners.

We’ve been a client of 8x8 for a very long time and we’ve been really satisfied. It’s a lot better than what we had because the functions that we have is different. 8x8 helps us complete our communications with its phone system. We use its monitoring feature the most. We also we have sales customers that work at different locations and they work from home. It works a lot for us and we’re able to forward our calls to our cellphones. We always had a pretty good relationship with the 8x8 team. They were able to help when we had difficulties with our phone system. We always got our problem resolved. If our regular help desk person couldn’t help, they forward it to a higher level tech.

We use 8x8 for monitoring and reports as well as making inbound and outbound calls. Everything's been running smoothly, and the reps we work with are always helpful. If there are any issues, they are always there to support.

We use 8x8 for general office and customer service type of calls. Sometimes we get latency issues, but overall it’s okay. Their tech's have been great in resolving issues. Overall, I’m satisfied.

Several years back, I searched for an alternative voice over IP phone company to leave the traditional CenturyLink line that we had been using. I looked for a better price and something that followed a closer business model and found 8x8 on the internet. Their price is very comparable to others that I looked at, and they've been great to work with.

We’ve been with 8x8 for five years and it has saved me a lot of money. I just got a new phone system two years from them, and they were great. They took my old 8x8 system phones in as a trade-in. They’re a good company to work with and I recommend them.

I antiquated our old business phone system after 8x8 was recommended to the owner and now we use it for inbound/outbound calls. Their team is very friendly and easy to work with. Very user-friendly experience.

8x8 handled my VoIP for the last five years. Before that, the phone system we had was less reliable. 8x8 has improved our business and their people are very respective to questions and problems that I have.

8x8 is our voice over IP system and we've been with them for about 10 years. We use them for monitoring to be able to take a look and see what phone calls and get reports on all the phone calls. It’s to live with whoever calls us and whoever we call out. The 8x8 team is very responsive.

We had Century Link before using 8x8 and we like 8x8 much better. We use their system for all types of calling.

I use my 8x8 service for both inbound/outbound and customer assistance. I primarily use the call forwarding to my cellphone. It comes to an AT&T number, my business number, and then it gets forwarded to my cellphone. It's good quality service and customer support.

8x8 is our first internet-based phone system. We use it for the collection service that we provide. We talk to their sales team regularly when we need new lines, or if we’re having technical problems, we deal with the technical people. They've been very helpful.

I used Vonage before 8x8. They were okay, but 8x8 was more encompassing with the phone system itself. So it's easy for me to go on and change my vacation stuff. I wish it was a little bit more user-friendly though. You have to really know how to navigate it, to update and to make sure you're saving and turning things on for your voicemail. But the team at Vonage is very friendly and anytime I called in they've been very helpful. Once you get in there and you talk to the customer service and learn the system it's pretty good.

I use the system for both inbound and outbound calls, usually more for customer assistance but I do sales as well being an insurance agent. It has improved our business but it's still is registering me up under Vonage a lot of times when I call people and I don't know why. I've talked to them and they said they've made the right filings, but it still isn't showing my business name which is a little annoying. Also, the price from what I've been told is a little higher than what some of the other agents are paying on their voice overs, but I like the features so like Verizon I'm willing to pay a little extra.

We contacted 8x8 when we were looking for a VoIP. We used to have AT&T, which is about the same, but 8x8 is a lot cheaper. I use the phone for inbound, mostly, and if ever I had a problem, they're right there on it and get it solved. It's a good phone service.

We've used 8x8 for a long time now for both inbound-outbound sales outreach and office use, and it works pretty well with our business model.

We have offices in different states and I didn’t want to pay the business phone system through whomever it was at the time. 8x8 was an alternative so we contacted them. We use the inter-calling feature between the offices. I have some research people so they call out a lot and I have salespeople who receive phone calls in. As for me, I call out a lot. I've never had any issues with the people at 8x8. They do a good job in taking care of my needs. They are the best.

We’re a law firm and we use 8x8 for general office use, taking calls coming in and out. They have been professional and resourceful. I'd recommend them.

We have the phone systems of 8x8 and use it mostly for inbound customer assistance, where we’ll call back customers. Working with 8x8 gives us more ability to help our customers and transfer our phones around rather than just having a portable phone and walk to people’s desks. We’ve grown a lot as we’ve quadrupled in size since then. Their team has always been helpful and we're very satisfied.

8x8 Company Profile