Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Excellent company for our VOIP needs. 8X8 is very responsive for any questions or issues (though we never had any issues). They will walk you through and provide you with any tools needed to help you understand and use their services. They even provided us with a discount on purchasing their VOIP phones for our office.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I was a little skeptical at first when I was told we needed to upgrade. We looked at several different options and 8x8 seemed to be the most user friendly and the staff is great to work with and provides the customer service that we need. They get back to us quickly and we can call or email to them directly.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for this review. We really appreciate you being a customer. We’re here for you anytime

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Utilized 8x8 to replace our phone system and it is an amazing upgrade. Don't know how we lived without the features for so long. With the shift to a mobile/work from home environment, there is no doubt this solution checks all the boxes. Oh, it is also extremely cost effective!

8x8 response

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Back on approximately Thursday, December 17th, 2020, I lost my Google Voice phone service for invalid reasons and I was desperate to find a low cost, budget business phone system that can offer me an affordable, cloud-based voice, video messaging and contact center solution just for me. While going online and doing some heavy research, I ended up finding 8x8, Inc. Which offers an affordable price of only $12.00 dollars per month, plus the local taxes for unlimited phone calls, text and video messaging for both incoming and outgoing for most of North America. I was so relieved to find such a company that I signed up with them immediately! Furthermore, they also offer really good services which even includes allowing you to port your old phone number to their cloud-based phone system which is what I am doing right now!

Moving right along: I want to personally thank Jamieson and David for helping me to better understand their services back on Friday, December 18th, 2020! If you are looking for a super duper cloud-based phone system that is efficient and affordable, then 8x8, inc. Is the right place to come to! Sincerely yours, Howard **, 8x8, Inc. Cloud-based phone customer, Executive, volunteer writer for Google Maps and Tripadvisor websites. /HPS

8x8 response

Good day Howard, Thank you for taking your time in providing feedback about our service. Have a nice day ahead!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

AT ALL COSTS DO NOT USE 8X8. Used 8x8 for 4 years and when the pandemic hit we needed to downsize. Many other service providers were understanding but 8x8 stuck to their early termination fees and offered to cut off our service and sue us if we did not pay them. About a year ago they outsourced their support to India and now service issues involve days of wading through the language barrier only to have the problem recur after 6-7 weeks. The payment for 25 users is up over $1800 with no explanation why, and the contract auto renews so if you do not tell them to pound sand within 30 days you're on the hook for another year. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: Terminate their contract before you start it!

8x8 response

Good day to you Robert, Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your issues with the service. Please send DM information of your account together with your latest case ID and we will investigate internally. Thank you

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have been an 8x8 business customer for many years. I recommended them to other companies and even my church without asking for the free month they offered for recommendations. We could not have been happier until about 2 years ago. The past 2 years have seen a steady decline. Whomever has taken over the reins sees no issue with having dishonest sales folks and customer service folks that will pass you around for 2 or 3 days and ignore your business hours to call back when you are not in the office. My service issues happen at least every other month and typically during our busiest time...the end of the month.

On my latest case though is a contract issue. I was told by the Sales Rep he would look into the issue and call back 3 different times. I then have to chase him down and start all over with the details so he obviously wrote me off as soon as we hung up the phone. They will not keep the promises they make to you when you sign your contract and they will auto-renew your contract with no warning at all. I spoke with a lawyer and since they have not honored their agreement, I can get out of the contract but I do not look forward to this additional hullabaloo on top of switching services. Spare yourself this misery. Pick another company.

8x8 response

Good day Lynda, we are sorry to hear about your issues with support, this is not the experience we want you to have. We will investigate internally on this. Can you please share your account details as well as your latest case ID? Thanks!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

It is impossible to get in touch with someone at 8x8. If you call customer service IVR will tell you to go to the support page and talk to OTTO. OTTO will give you some stupid articles which are not relevant to your issue, No matter what you type in that chatbox your chances to connect to a live agent is bleak. After waiting 45 to 60 mins it says "I'm sorry, looks like there are no agents available at the moment. Please try contacting us later, or click here to create a ticket and someone will get back to you soon." I have open chat several time but facing same issue. Worst Services Ever. Below is the screenshots url. **

8x8 response

Good day to you Waqas, sorry to hear about your issues with OTTO Chat. We have forwarded the issue with OTTO internally for investigation, meanwhile can you please DM us your account details (e.g. Account name or 8x8 phone number) and we will escalate internally with support to follow up with you. Thanks

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have been an 8x8 business customer for many years, paying for about a dozen phone lines with my business year after year. For most of those years, they were great. This past year, the company seems to be under new management that filled its ranks with incompetent and dishonest people. I am bounced from one incompetent person to the next; promises of return calls by some superior or other competent person go undelivered; when I tried to revise or cancel my service, I was told I missed the 30-day window a few weeks ago and that my contract auto-renewed for another year, with no changes or cancellations allowed for another 12 months.

(Who does that? Other VOIP providers have no contracts, and you can cancel anytime. At the very least, one would think you could cancel or drop a line after the first 12 months. Nope.) If you want to be locked into a contract with auto renew that you cannot revise or cancel except for a 30-day window each year, 8x8 is your company! This month, 8x8 charged my credit card hundreds of dollars without my authorization, which I am now spending my morning dealing with. I will permanently drop 8x8 (as soon as my 30-day window rolls around again). Beware. Many other VOIP services are out there. Look elsewhere.

8x8 response

Good day James, sorry to hear about your issues with support and charges. Can you please share with us your latest case ID so we can check and escalate internally? Thanks!

Original review: July 27, 2021

First I want to say be very clear you are on a contract. The part they leave out of telling you until you want to close your account. February 2021 I called to inform them that I closed my business. My sister too ill and I would be taking care of her. The gentleman insisted since I had another business I could transfer the service or either way the contract automatically ends in June. However in March my sister passed away. In April I caught Covid. In May I was in an accident plus planning and packing to move because my landlord wanted an increase in rent. What. I couldn’t afford. All of these events led me to severe depression causing me not to follow up on taking care anything personal or business related.

I notice the first week of July my account was drafted yet another fee. I emailed the person who opened my account last week. Didn’t hear anything back so I called 8x8 today and Jennifer in the cancellation department informed me that they had automatically renewed my account July 19 instead of automatically canceling my services the end of June 2021. Not to mention what I went through to even getting my service working properly in the beginning. 8x8 services are misleading and now they want to hit my account for twelve consecutive payments for closing it. I will be disputing with my bank because I didn’t authorize this transaction and definitely wasn’t even aware I was on a contract from the start. Please asked the necessary questions and read the small print because their services are misleading and no concerns for the consumers.

8x8 response

Good day Theresa, We are sad to hear about your experience with support. Please DM us your latest case ID and we will investigate it internally.

Original review: July 26, 2021

It is impossible to get in touch with someone at 8x8. If you call customer service IVR will tell you to go to the support page and talk to OTTO. OTTO will give you some stupid articles which are not relevant to your issue, No matter what you type in that chatbox your chances to connect to a live agent is bleak. I wanted to contact some on in billing to report extra charge on my account however every time I have tried I just ended up more frustrated with the whole process. I have screenshots to prove whatever is written above.

8x8 response

Good day Puneet, my name is Joe of 8x8. Sorry to hear that you are having issues reaching out for support. Can you please DM us your account details and your exact concern about billing? We will forward it to our billing department to assist you.

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information