8x8 Reviews

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

Stars Rating

• 46%
  • 29%
  • 10%
  • 2%
  • 13%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
    Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed April 22, 2024

I always have a difficult time reaching a live person for technical support and the online AI support has never been helpful. Once you reach a support tech they are very friendly and willing to assist. The installation process for new hardware is always difficult to follow without tech support. The quality of the product is good though and we have never had any downtime due to interruption.

Pinned

Hi Kenyon, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review; it's appreciated and helps us improve. I'm sorry you have experienced difficulties with the chat function. We are continually taking steps to improve the experience, and it's good to know you have found support helpful. Thank you for your support.

Reviewed April 17, 2024

As an IT Manager who heavily relies on robust and reliable communication tools, I've been thoroughly impressed with 8x8's services. Their VoIP solutions are not only efficient but also incredibly easy to integrate and manage across our team's diverse tech landscape. The clarity of calls and minimal downtime have significantly improved our team's communication efficacy, which is critical in our fast-paced environment. Furthermore, 8x8’s customer support has been responsive and helpful, addressing our queries promptly and effectively. Overall, I recommend 8x8 to any business looking for a dependable VoIP service that scales effortlessly with your needs. Their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction truly stands out in the telecommunications industry. Cameron **. IT Manager. Aero-Tel Wire Harness Corp.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2024

Using the 8X8 software has been a great experience. I've never used 8X8 before and going into my 2nd year of this, it's been great. You have so many features to use in this software. You have the capability to answer calls away from your desk. All you have to do is program this software to your phone. You can receive voice message if you miss a call due to being on another call. You have the option to do a video chat meeting or text message meeting. So much more to this and so little time to explain. All I have to say is give it a shot, you will see for yourself.

Pinned

Thank you so much, Evelyn! We're delighted to hear that you enjoy using 8x8 and appreciate so many of the product features. Your satisfaction is truly our greatest reward!

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 14, 2023

Good product to use. Had them for about 2 years now. 100-person enterprise level business. Friendly service. Call trees are easy to set up. Coming from the Oneplus for many years I decided to try Samsung. It checks all the boxes and then some. I can actually use this phone on any carrier I want. I use MVNO's and this is a major bonus for me. It's a little smaller and flat screen which is cool with me. It's extremely bright and the screen is crisp crisp clear. It's taking me a little to get use this device but I find it very nice to be honest. There are a lot of cases to choose from unlike Oneplus also. It charges pretty quick and the battery is great. I like it.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed July 11, 2023

Our company switched to 8x8 about 10 months ago and I have no complaints. Set up was smooth, the account rep that worked with us was great with task management and following up. They handled all of the porting of 100 extensions from our previous provider, we didn't have to lift a finger. We use the Teams integration and users picked up on how to use it immediately. Call quality is great, and managing extensions in the admin portal is very easy.

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback. Here at 8x8 we strive to deliver top-notch service and ensure that every customer feels valued and satisfied so reading such a nice review is amazing! Thank you for being our Valued Customer!

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I was resistant to giving up my old fashioned landline, but the transition to 8x8 was seamless! Excellent training at the outset was key. The porting of my number was done without a hitch, and I was up and running in no time. Love that I can be away from my office and have my calls come directly to my cell without clients knowing. Highly recommend!

Pinned

Hello Lauren, we appreciate your glowing review! Have a great day ahead!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed April 24, 2024

There are far too many problems to list in such a short space. Not being able to get through to customer service, unhelpful reps who struggle to speak clear English, problems that weren’t solved, or a month of waiting for a response are a few of them. Do not sign up for a year-long contract, only do month to month so you can get out when the problems begin.

Pinned

Dear Jonathan, We're sorry you had a poor experience. We strive to provide excellent service, and it's disappointing to hear we did not achieve it on this occasion.

Reviewed April 20, 2024

The actual service is stable and uptime is good. That is where the good ends. 8x8 ownership is only focused on profit and will nickel & dime you for every feature that should be included, get ready to pay for a user license just to hot desk a phone. The admin scheduling is terrible, no recurring events, you can't set users passwords as an admin. The call analytics are useless. The support is scripted and takes forever to get to a competent agent, calling in will have you waiting forever. They will rob you of any referral fees. The ownership is deaf to any concerns.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're satisfied with the stability and uptime of our service, as these are areas we strive to excel in. We take your feedback about the additional costs for certain features, the limitations in admin scheduling, call analytics, and the support experience seriously. We are continuously working on improving our services and your feedback is invaluable in this process.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2024

8x8 seamlessly integrated with our CRM and the support was so patient and diligent in walking us through all the new compliance requirements for SMS enabling. The staff is loving it and is keeping our communication with our customers more organized.

Pinned

Hi Tia, Thank you for leaving a positive review. We are pleased you have had such a good experience with 8x8, and the staff loves it.

Online & App

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Generally works with no issues. Voice service will intermittently become scratchy/jumpy at times of heave internet use. There appear to be semi frequent outages relating to the team's integration. As we are not currently using that feature, it does not affect us. I do like the ability to seamlessly forward calls to my cell phone (via the app) when I am away from my desk/out of the office.

Pinned

Dear Customer, thank you for your response, we appreciate it. It's great you find it convenient to use the app on your phone to take calls when you are out of the office.

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information