Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.58/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 is ranked the #1 provider of hosted business VoIP by industry analyst firm, Frost & Sullivan.

Visit us at www.8x8.com. Our products and services include:

- 8x8 Virtual Office: Cloud-based VoIP business phone service - 8x8 Virtual Office Pro: VoIP business phone service bundled with online fax, web conferencing, call recording

- 8x8 Virtual Contact Center: Cloud-based call center / contact center

View More View More

8x8 Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using and recommending 8x8 to my Client for over 10-years. The 8x8 backend has changed dramatically by introducing the Configuration Manager which is replacing the older Account Manager for managing you Extensions / Features / AutoAttendant / ... etc. Some of the newer features are still to be tested and deployed since there is no documentation or clear step-by-step instructions but I must admit that the 8x8 Customer Support are doing their best and when the 1st level doesn't know, they escalate it to the next level.

My experience with the Virtual Office Desktop for PC is not that great as it takes a long time to load and eats up a lot of system resources. This needs to be polished as a lot of Users would like to have it as their main phone with a headset attached to their PC/Mac. Other than that, I think 8x8 need to work on their Reporting Module for Audits and Billing as it was much better and easy to use in their older Account Manager. I'll give [4] stars with no hesitation and will definitely recommend 8x8 to my new clients as if you know how to use it, you will enjoy it!!!

8x8 response

Thank you so much for your feedback Reda, we loved to hear that you are liked our service! For your app concerns I would suggest to send us a feedback from the app so our dev team will be notified.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We've used 8x8 for several years now at the recommendation of our IT folks. The phones have always been reliable and when we did have some minor issues (they were on our end) the tech folks were able to help us get them resolved. There was one instance that I was dissatisfied with the service. We continued to get robocalls everyday from the same 2 numbers and we had to perform a convoluted workaround to block the calls. Also, the website to manage the settings seems a bit outdated and takes a little while to get comfortable navigating the site and setting up the features.

Finally, the folks that recommended the product now recommend another company based on price. I have not done a recent price comparison since I was not prepared to take on a change at this time, but may have a look in the future. Not saying that 8x8 is overpriced just that a company suggested they might be higher. Overall, we are satisfied with the product and the reliability.

8x8 response

Hello Todd, first of all we would like you to know that we hear your concerns and we are doing our best to update each and every part of our website so our customer will have ease and easy accessibility. We are grateful that you are satisfied with our service!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We have had 8x8 internet phone service at our non-profit for a while now. Just a few things I like about the service: a pop up comes on my computer screen telling me who is calling, I can fax from the service, it has chat and meetings capability, and logs calls (incoming and outgoing), missed calls, voicemails, faxes (incoming and outgoing), and you can sync your calendar. Incoming calls can be saved as a contact, there is a "favorites list," there are keyboard shortcuts to make calls from your keyboard.

Just recently I attempted to change the fax cover sheet information, and was unable to do so, and reached out to 8x8 for assistance. They not only had multiple people working on my issue, but they also called and emailed me updates as to what they were doing so I wasn't left wondering about my issue. I have been in a customer service related careers for 37 years---all of my working life, and never have I witnessed such great feedback and making me feel very up-to-date and included while fixing my issue. The system is very easy to use; even this old lady can use it... 8x8 is definitely worth it!! I dare you to find a better product with this level of service.

8x8 response

Hello Karena, WOW is all I can say about your journey with us! We are happy that you liked our product and service!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have been using 8x8 since 2009 so more than 10 years now. I only had to buy phone equipment once and I bought a used equipment phone afterwards too, reviewed their documentation and flashed firmware from available 8x8 firmwares to use this phone on their system (e.g., 8x8 has this phone, but I bought it used from someone using it with another company). There was a bit of limited documentation and the customer support was not to savvy with the issue (probably to force people to buy their phones).

Other than this one little issue, I have had stellar service with 8x8. Their system is ideal if you grow over time and need to add lines or features one by one. I have not used any enterprise services requiring a large deployment nor have I grown to that point. They have provided updates services overtime and refined their features. It simply works. I can make calls from my dedicate VOIP phone, computer or cellphone with the app. I can do text messages on the app and click on my computer to make my dedicated phone do the calling. Does what it needs.

8x8 response

Hello Chris, Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I built my own phone system in 1990 so I tried RingCentral to see if they could replicate my old phone system in 2010. Unfortunately RingCentral didn’t work so I tried 8x8, and was able to duplicate my old PBX functions and gain more features while saving on my phone bill. I was impressed with the 8x8 system that I started recommending and setting up the 8x8 phone system for my clients. I now have over 1000 happy users using 8x8. Any VoIP system is only as good as the network it resides on, which was the main cause why my 8x8 customers had call quality issues. I’ve experienced every scenario that made the 8x8 phone fail, but 99.99% of the time it wasn’t the 8x8 system that was the problem. Unfortunately sales people of any VoIP company are not technical enough to know what it takes to make VoIP systems work. I prequalify my customers network for 8x8 before I sell it to them.

Sometimes I find no firewall or router that is compatible with VoIP, slow internet, or incompatible data cables. If you don’t have a technical person that understands how to setup VoIP, you may have a bad experience. Sometimes the system may work for years and suddenly issues occur because the network was not setup for 8x8 correctly in the beginning. Most of my 8x8 customers never have an issue after I install their phone system and setup their network. I’ve had many customers switched from RingCentral, Vonage, Nextiva, Comcast, and all major phone companies to 8x8. 8x8 pricing is clear up front. No hidden fees unlike other companies.

The largest taxi company in my area was paying over $1500 a month to AT&T for phone service. When I switch them to 8x8, I got their phone bill down to $135 a month while giving them more features and phone lines. A medical office said 8x8 was $100 more expensive than Vonage, but after 2 months with Vonage they switch to 8x8, because their Vonage bill doubled from using features that were charge by usage instead of a flat rate fee like 8x8. Most VoIP companies are do it yourself with remote support only. Many times you need someone onsite who understands your network and can modify it for VoIP. I know what questions to ask my customers. I have them send me pictures of their equipment so I know what to order to make their overhead paging and phone system work.

My only complaint with 8x8 is their sales/tech support staff can’t keep up with their engineers. Many times I will see a new feature in the system and the sales and tech staff have no idea how to use it until weeks later. I too cannot keep up with the 8x8 upgrades. 8x8 will be the last phone system you will buy! If you are considering 8x8 as your phone system, contact me for assistance. I make 8x8 look good! www.MicroTechSys.com – 559 438-7580

8x8 response

Hi Joe and thank you for this terrific feedback! We absolutely love reading about how our customers are utilizing 8x8 with their customers. By the way, it's quite impressive to hear that you built your own phone system!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

8x8 pricing is clear upfront. No hidden fees. We used to be with Bell Canada and we used to pay $450.00 a month. Now we just pay $100.00. The system and app works so easy that some of the older people in our company were able to understand the system in a heartbeat.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I am using 8*8 for my company phones. All good so far, quality of the service is good as well as the support when need be. Very easy and quick to add lines when needed and the account management is pretty intuitive. Helps me reduce mobile bills as well.

8x8 response

Glad you liked our service! Have a nice day to you Olivier

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I called 8X8 technical support to get help with my Polycom phones dropping off (line unavailable) and as usual, 8X8 provided me with excellent technical support. I have to maintain five of the 8X8 systems for my customers and find the new system which I have on the most recent customer location that I installed hard to get used to. Also, since I was having trouble with a ring group routing, I decided to call. I was very happy with the support that I received. The Technician, Jayaseelan ** was extremely knowledgeable and was able to solve both of my problems, proficiently and professionally. Thank You Mr. **!

8x8 response

Hello Donald, thank you for sharing your great experience with our technical support rep. We will make sure this compliment reach to Jayaseelan. Have a nice day to you!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

There are many companies out there who provide a decent service but lack significantly in their customer service support. I won't lie, I have had a couple of less than satisfactory experiences with their call center. The bulk of the time they are helpful and polite. I've had a couple of times that reps have really gone above and beyond. Overall I am very pleased with their support and that, combined with their product, leaves me very satisfied overall.

8x8 response

We value you as a customer and we want to make sure that your are getting the best customer service possible. Glad you liked our service Laura. Have a nice day to you

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I was actually surprised how great the IT support staff was. So impressive the staff was. They helped me solve my problems in an easy to understand way and very quickly. The agent was friendly and patient.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing our service Adilah! We are glad you like our service! Have a nice day to you

Not sure about 8x8?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right VoIP provider for you.

8x8 expert review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information