8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 is ranked the #1 provider of hosted business VoIP by industry analyst firm, Frost & Sullivan.

Visit us at www.8x8.com. Our products and services include:
- 8x8 Virtual Office: Cloud-based VoIP business phone service - 8x8 Virtual Office Pro: VoIP business phone service bundled with online fax, web conferencing, call recording

- 8x8 Virtual Contact Center: Cloud-based call center / contact center

Compare VoIP Providers

Research top VoIP Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Signed up for 8X8’s service at the end of the month and was given all kinds of discounts as a promo. Purchased the service and one of their phones and was told I would receive a call from support dept to start my set up in 24-48 hours. The sales rep said she would get started on porting over my existing number. I signed their documents and they charged my card. Everything was great. 5 day pass with no call, not 24-48 hours. 5th business day I get a call to schedule my support set up call for 4 days from that date. 9 days in I speak to the support set up dept and I'm told the porting of my number can start as of now, not 9 days ago when I signed up and that will take another 5-7 business days. After completing the set up call and walk through I'm told I will be receiving a series of 3 emails confirming my porting of the number.

Another 8 business day pass and no emails so I call customer support. Their customer service agents at 8X8 have no idea what department to send you to nor which department they even work in for that matter. It's a complete circus! Finally get to a tech support agent after 3 separate calls because of being placed on hold and then getting disconnected from them. He tells me he does not even see a porting ticket created and that it has not been done nor started, all this after almost an hour and a half on hold. That's all I could deal with so I moved on to the cancellation process.

Bottom line. It's been a full month and I have a phone sitting on my desk that's used as a paper weight. I've used my Ooma service throughout this complete disaster of a cloud phone service carrier. For any small or mid sized business owner your time is valuable and 8X8 has no regard for it whatsoever. They will run you around and around with excuses and reasons as to where the mishap has taken place but none of it being on them of course.

8X8 is completely unprofessional and disorganized and has no regard for your time as a consumer. They have also never heard the term customer service. I was more than patient with the time frames I was given and only to find out nothing was being done. Sale rep didn't return calls after the sale was made and her voicemail no longer says it's even her, always nice to know the direct contact for your business phone carrier may not be with the company next week. Do yourself a favor and RUN from this company!!! Your business phone service is far too important to be in the hands of this company and their complete inability to perform the services they offer.

We used this service for our remote sales organization to make it easier to keep in touch with them through the instant messaging system. The phones had many service problems and they made it incredibly difficult to have service requests managed, then when I finally called to cancel, they are charging $500 in hidden fees. Horrible!

We purchased a VVX300 system and returned it in 2-weeks for an upgrade the VVX600. We received a shipping label from the 8x8 returns center with a document to enclose with our return. Of course I was immediately charged for the new phones and promised credit for the returned phone. We complied and returned the shipment in the original packaging. We have been chasing our refund for 8 months now and we keep being told that we need to provide the shipping label. I have explained 10 times we did not produce the shipping label they did. Now they won't respond so I am going to get a lawyer and sue them. Sexy sales process, terrible customer support and follow through. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else for your phone system. Very dishonest business practice.

We have been with 8x8 for over a year now. With so many outages it has caused our business to lose a lot of money. They are constantly going down and having interruptions. So much so that they have gone to the point of paying us back so we don't seek legal ramifications. Just in the past month alone we have had 6 outages with management still scratching their heads on how this could have happened. We had to wait 5 months for a Microsoft outlook integration download that they had an error for. We had our SSO page bringing up a white blank page for almost 3 months while 8x8 tried to figure it out.

Our whole VO application was down for that whole time while they sat on their hands. I have reached out to senior management and all they do is ignore you until you threaten them with a lawyer and a break in contract. Their support staff is more of a complaint hotline because they are never able to help they just created a ticket and say they will get back to you. There is no communication throughout the entire company. Support staff is unaware of outages on the network and data center levels so when you call in they tell you "it must be you or your ISP" because they don't know they are even having an outages yet. No one at 8x8 seems to ever be on the same page and is always scrambling. Not a good company to work with at all.

Please be advised that as current customers of 8x8 we ordered a headset to assist with answering calls in our retail store. It took me 3 days, but believed that I finally had it put together correctly. I did not. It did not work. I contacted our Sales rep who came in and tried to get it to work. He tried for about a half hour and then called technical support where we were told we were missing a part. They ordered the part on November 15, 2016. We have not and do not intend on opening the box and would like to return the product for a FULL Refund. It is not our fault that the first set was not packed properly and came defective. We have not opened the replacement so I have no idea what is in the box and if it is defective or if all parts are there.

When I called, I was told company policy is that after 30 days the item cannot be returned and that was that. But again, not our fault that the first headset was defective and we should not be punished for this. I just want to return the product and get a credit for it. I was told that was not possible since it is past the 6 month period. They gave me a bogus e-mail contact. Called the escalation department - Does not exist. This is a horrible, horrible company. I recommend to no one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Within 2 months we were vexed with this vendor. They have genuinely friendly SALES people. I read Customer Service is spotty, but that's a huge understatement. It's like a lottery. They have some good guys, but most of the time you get NOBODY. When you want to disconnect, GET READY TO PAY MONEY. 30 day notice - PAY an ADDITIONAL MONTH. For breaking a contract - PAY 60.00 per user. EITHER WAY THEY GET YOUR MONEY. Seems like a third world run CASINO.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We have had issues with the service for a while. 10 days ago I tried calling and was on hold for 45 minutes so I hung up. I tried the online chat, after 45 minutes with this person we got disconnected. I assumed he would call me since he knew the company, the issue and I verified all info with him...but another opportunity wasted and no call back ever. So I went and filled out a ticket #** 10 days ago and still cannot get a call to fix the issue. I tried other times to call and I CAN NEVER GET A LIVE PERSON. I tried virtual online chat and the queue says, "will be with you shortly." 25 minutes later they have still not responded. We spend hundreds of dollars a month with them for years and this is their customer service when an issue arises? Multiple phones are not working and we get no response. I would like a call back. This is ridiculous.

Hello Victor. We are sincerely sorry that it took you so long to get a response from our support team. We do see now that you have been in touch with support and that they have recommended a specific resolution for you. We'll be following up again to make sure that recommendation provides you with the closure you need so you can get back to business. We very much appreciate your patience.

The companies I worked for before used different telephone companies. So when I moved to this company, somebody who use the 8x8 service referred it to us, so that’s how we turned to them. I have a good response from them when I need some assistance. I use the normal telephone line and the voicemail for sales, customer service and from the people who use our station. But I am having some problems with the fax from the virtual office. I used to use it but I don’t know why it was disconnected or discontinued for service, and I want to really start using it. Also, there were times that I used to have a lost connection for the telephone, but now it happens less. Everything is working better now. I’ve had a good experience with 8x8. They're a good company.

We've been with 8x8 since 2011. The system is easy to use, and we use it mostly for inbound calling where customers call and then it gets redirected to where it needs to go. I haven’t talked to anybody at 8x8 in a while. I had one frustrating experience with one of the settings a couple of years ago, but we got it resolved. I spoke to a couple of account reps. One was really good and engaged, but the other one left me alone. Additionally, I made some adjustments to my account and one of the reps walked me through it, and she was really good. Overall, my experience with 8x8 has been okay.

I've been using 8x8's phone system since 2005. Most of the time it works perfectly but sometimes we seem to have a little bit of a stutter on the line. I can hear most of what the other party is saying but occasionally when they said something, I don't know if they're dialing out on a voice over IP system. It could be their side or my side but we never know anymore what people are calling on. In the past, when I've needed to call their customer service, they've always been most helpful and they've always responded. Even if I had an issue with their website, they've responded and problems have always been taken care of. Unfortunately, they can't control my internet connection if there were problems. So far, they've given me a fixed monthly cost on all my phone calls so it makes life easy to budget.

After spending plenty of research for a VOIP Service Provider it appeared that 8x8 VOIP (http://8x8.com) would be my company's best choice. Sales department was smooth and efficient, like One would expect, until the first problem and then the customary "I will send a Support Ticket to Technical Support". I am still waiting for that call. Finally I called Technical Support and after an exhaustive wait on hold listening to the same recording "Your Call Is Important To Us..." 30 minutes, 1 hour... yes someone finally answered and proceeded to read to me the same online diagnostic protocol from the 8x8 Self Help Library. Yes I am IT and I can read too! The end result? I am still waiting for Tech to fix their problems:

Complaint #1 SMS does not work! Complaint #2 Microphone volume on outgoing calls is too low for other parties to hear (Note: Polycom 310 VOIP Phone). Check the Internet and you too will find plenty of complaints regarding Microphone Level too Low. The Greatest Complaint: The above comments being said "8x8 Technical Support is even Lower." 8x8 VOIP could be a great company, if and only if, they first create a great Technical Support Department. As of now support is overrated at 3 stars... should be a zero, however, I am not quite harsh enough to provide such a poor rating.

We use 8x8 for general office use and their team was courteous. The last time, however, they weren’t able to help us. We had to get our IT guy out. We were having trouble with the internet and it had something to do with the modem. 8x8 kept telling us the modem was correct but it wasn’t. We didn’t even have the right kind of modem. It was a big issue. We switched internet providers and had them bring the correct modem then our IT guy was able to set everything up correctly. We've had our troubles with 8x8. Throughout the years, sometimes the calls dropped, sometimes the calls had bad static . Other than that 8x8 works for what we need it for and it’s a good program. Overall it’s been a pleasant experience.

As an administrator, I refer out 8x8 when people ask me, but I warn them that without high internet speed, the system will fall short in comparison to the demands of the office. We had them when we moved to this new building and until we got the fiber, we had significant issues because the bandwidth would not support the multiple lines. It would drop out and the call quality was bad. However, the 8x8 team has always been helpful. There have been times when I have called and have not always gotten the issue resolved right away, but they're good about getting somebody to help us out and get it fixed within 24 to 48 hours. Also, their software and their ability for me to go in and delete voicemails and listen to them, and the way that they are set up in our system to be emailed, and we can access them through the email system is all great. So it's good for productivity.

8x8 is our first VoIP system and we’ve been with them for 10 years now. We have many extensions in which some are for inbound-outbound sales, while others are for operations. We’re a construction company so we might have mobile offices and 8x8 has been a great help, as far as being able to take our phones and put them wherever these mobile offices be situated is concerned. Their team was friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable any time we’ve called them. 8x8 is also reasonably priced for a full system that can do everything we need to do. The only downside that we’ve had is sometimes the sound is not the greatest. But other than that, they have been very good for us.

I heard about 8x8 through one of our business coaches and it's been a good experience with them. My sales rep's tremendous. Even if it’s not something that she can help me with, she gets me to the right person. On the other hand, tech support sometimes can be a little tricky. I get bounced around a little bit there. But eventually, I do get to the right person and get it answered.

We started a new company and we're satisfied with 8x8's phone system. Everything’s been timely resolved and customer service is good.

We use the phone system by 8x8 for general office use and it has maintained our business. Their team has been very friendly and helpful. Whenever I need something, they are able to answer and get it for me so I have no problems. I’m very satisfied.

8x8 takes care of everything we need and their price is right. When we have a problem, the team quickly deals with it. We've also recommended the service to other business owners.

We’ve been a client of 8x8 for a very long time and we’ve been really satisfied. It’s a lot better than what we had because the functions that we have is different. 8x8 helps us complete our communications with its phone system. We use its monitoring feature the most. We also we have sales customers that work at different locations and they work from home. It works a lot for us and we’re able to forward our calls to our cellphones. We always had a pretty good relationship with the 8x8 team. They were able to help when we had difficulties with our phone system. We always got our problem resolved. If our regular help desk person couldn’t help, they forward it to a higher level tech.

We use 8x8 for monitoring and reports as well as making inbound and outbound calls. Everything's been running smoothly, and the reps we work with are always helpful. If there are any issues, they are always there to support.

We use 8x8 for general office and customer service type of calls. Sometimes we get latency issues, but overall it’s okay. Their tech's have been great in resolving issues. Overall, I’m satisfied.

Several years back, I searched for an alternative voice over IP phone company to leave the traditional CenturyLink line that we had been using. I looked for a better price and something that followed a closer business model and found 8x8 on the internet. Their price is very comparable to others that I looked at, and they've been great to work with.

We’ve been with 8x8 for five years and it has saved me a lot of money. I just got a new phone system two years from them, and they were great. They took my old 8x8 system phones in as a trade-in. They’re a good company to work with and I recommend them.

I antiquated our old business phone system after 8x8 was recommended to the owner and now we use it for inbound/outbound calls. Their team is very friendly and easy to work with. Very user-friendly experience.

8x8 handled my VoIP for the last five years. Before that, the phone system we had was less reliable. 8x8 has improved our business and their people are very respective to questions and problems that I have.

8x8 is our voice over IP system and we've been with them for about 10 years. We use them for monitoring to be able to take a look and see what phone calls and get reports on all the phone calls. It’s to live with whoever calls us and whoever we call out. The 8x8 team is very responsive.

We had Century Link before using 8x8 and we like 8x8 much better. We use their system for all types of calling.

I use my 8x8 service for both inbound/outbound and customer assistance. I primarily use the call forwarding to my cellphone. It comes to an AT&T number, my business number, and then it gets forwarded to my cellphone. It's good quality service and customer support.

8x8 is our first internet-based phone system. We use it for the collection service that we provide. We talk to their sales team regularly when we need new lines, or if we’re having technical problems, we deal with the technical people. They've been very helpful.

I used Vonage before 8x8. They were okay, but 8x8 was more encompassing with the phone system itself. So it's easy for me to go on and change my vacation stuff. I wish it was a little bit more user-friendly though. You have to really know how to navigate it, to update and to make sure you're saving and turning things on for your voicemail. But the team at Vonage is very friendly and anytime I called in they've been very helpful. Once you get in there and you talk to the customer service and learn the system it's pretty good.

I use the system for both inbound and outbound calls, usually more for customer assistance but I do sales as well being an insurance agent. It has improved our business but it's still is registering me up under Vonage a lot of times when I call people and I don't know why. I've talked to them and they said they've made the right filings, but it still isn't showing my business name which is a little annoying. Also, the price from what I've been told is a little higher than what some of the other agents are paying on their voice overs, but I like the features so like Verizon I'm willing to pay a little extra.

8x8 Company Profile