3.7/5 (228 ratings)

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I started a business earlier this year and like most new startups you want quality with reasonable price. I needed a quality phone system and 8x8 gave me both. I was blown away by all the features I was getting at such a reasonable price. The best part is they are always improving. They are constantly sending me virtual invites to attend in order to learn more about current services as well as anything new that could help my business. The most impressive thing is their customer services. I receive courtesy emails and phone calls to make sure service is fine and if I have any questions. The process was simple to set up and the variety of plans you have at your disposal can accommodate any size businesses. Give them a call if you're in the market for a state of the arts communication company.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We are glad that you have chosen 8x8, we will do our best to provide the perfect experience for you. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Workforce Control Solutions chose 8x8 Work because of its reviews, however our experience with it has been better than what we read about it in the first place. The people in the company have all been professionals that know the job in the department they work in. They're quick to get us what we need or provide information on how we can achieve what we need with the software.

The software is VERY easy and intuitive to find your way around in it. Developing the phone tree was the toughest thing we had to accomplish - a quick 20 minute call with an agent resolved that. He was able to get it set up just right the second time through and gave us suggestions on how to make it better and he was right. It turned out to be a great training experience for us as we can administrate everything we want to do on our own now.

The services we provide demand a solid line that doesn't drop or sound like it's underwater. If you have a fast enough connection at your place of business, these phones not only have every feature of very expensive corporate systems, but they deliver crisp, clear communications over long periods of time with many people conferenced in. The equipment is first class quality for a very affordable price.

We use a lot of the features. The product keeps being developed and becoming even more valuable. The value delivered is well worth it. We are a small business that operates like a big business. Direct lines. Personal extensions. Transfer to someone else's extension on the other side of the country. The software is well documented and intuitive as well. All in all, we wouldn't trade our system for another. Why would we? 8x8 Work let's you take it with you without the customer even knowing you've switched over to mobile. And back again. 8x8 is SOLID AS A ROCK for WCS!

8x8 response

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a 5-Star review. Thank you for sharing your wonderful and great experience with 8x8. Have a nice day ahead!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

There are plenty of cloud communication platforms out there but what separates 8x8 is their combination of top end products/services and the customer relationship platform to match. When you have an issue (which is few and far between with 8x8), their team is there to help fix the problem and ensure that you're taken care of with as little downtime as possible. Their products and services are top notch and they have the ability to cater to a wide variety of business structures. 8x8 is the future of cloud communication and the sooner businesses use them, the more successful they'll be.

8x8 response

We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

As a UK agent working with 8x8 over the last 5 years has been a great experience in both supporting me as a person and also enhancing my business profile. At no time do we feel undervalued and in fact, quite the opposite, where they reach out regularly to ensure we have the right tools to do our job, regardless of whether they win the business or not. This extends to the customer as well, and let’s not forget, these are the ones it matters to. Ok, so some customers are more demanding than others and we can’t win them all but, 8x8 do their best to make the decision for the customer to chose another provider or solution very difficult. Love working with them and long may we continue.

8x8 response

We are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Overall I think 8x8 is a fantastic system. It is not a giant but for a little guy, they really give you the vibe and support of a much larger company. Just to start with some of the pros for me. Pricing is a big thing and you really get your bang for the buck with 8x8. Installation and roll out was pretty easy for us. We employ over 100 employees and I was able to handle it with ease.

Support is also great. As a newbie at the time I had a lot of questions on how to do stuff and their Support Team was amazing. Sometimes they would spend an hour with me teaching me how to add queues or create an IVR. I also love that I have full autonomy over my call center and everything that goes into it. With our previous servicer, even adding a close message for a holiday was such a hassle since I couldn't do it myself.

My cons are much shorter and something I can still work around. One of them is reporting. Although reporting is better than what I previously had, I still wish I had more autonomy and options for reporting. They have a dashboard which is also very subpar and not easy to use. My last complaint would be the need for two systems in order to use the Call Center System. Unfortunately you need to also use Virtual Office in order to use Virtual Contact Center. Almost like having two phone systems. Those are really my only issues with 8x8 after a year and a half. Overall I still recommend and the pricing is much better for what you get.

8x8 response

Thank you for your review. We will share this with the team to let them know how we are doing.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

8x8 customer support is severely lacking in the time it takes to get someone on the phone or in chat. Communication is an integral part of any business and if you want to boast as a company that you have 2 million plus businesses using your product then you should support those businesses. In 3 days I have dealt with 6 reps in total for what I thought was a simple billing issue. I got a new credit card for my business and failed to update my profile before the next pay cycle. My account was suspended due to nonpayment. At first glance, this isn't a problem. I was thinking I'll just go online and pay my bill as well as update my payment profile to avoid future issues. Not so fast! I was able to update my bill, but the option to pay said bill wasn't there.

I chatted in and after waiting 20 mins for an agent, the agent gave me a number to their billing team as the agent was unable to help me with my matter. I called the number and waited 30 mins to speak with someone. This agent said that it was a tier 2 issue and they would have to transfer me. I said that I am going on an hour now and I am just trying to pay my bill to get my account restored. Also, an important fact - I was only a month behind. The December bill never got paid because they charged for it in January after the card on file had expired. My account was only suspended not canceled or terminated so in theory it should of been a quick fix.

WRONG - after waiting for tier 2 they were able to process my payment and restore my account. I thought everything was good to go as it appeared everything was up and running. About 15 mins later, my account gets suspended again. I call the number they gave me again. This time I wait about 25 mins to get someone on the line. I explain the situation and ask if they can immediately connect me to tier 2 because tier 1 wasn't able to resolve my issue last time. The agent gets me over to tier 2 and they are able to turn my account back on. This call took roughly an hour. Everything seems like it's working and were good for about an hour.

We magically get disconnected and logged out of our user accounts and then when we sign in it says "this user is suspended". Furthermore, when we go to make outbound calls we get a recording on the line saying "your account is suspended. To resume service please make a payment of zero dollars." At this point it is near the end of the day and I put it off until the next day to fix because of thinking it's an issue they are resolving on their side since it keeps happening.

WRONG AGAIN - The next morning (today 1/22/22) I try to log into my account "this user is suspended." I pick up the phone and still get the recording. I immediately call in but no one picks up the phone for 45 mins. I go to chat in and after 25 mins I get someone on the chat. He says he can't help me and the billing dept is closed on weekends. He said he will reach out to level 2 support and see if someone can help. This chat started at 9:22am EST and it is now 11:04am EST. The issue is not resolved but it is "being worked on". The agent on chat wanted to move on and said someone from level 2 will reach out to me via phone once it's completed.

This is the type of service you as a consumer or business leader can look forward to. The company is too big for its own good. It simply lacks the infrastructure to support the many businesses it provides a service to. The leadership team seems to be non-existent. They have no problem collecting their monies, but have a huge problem delivering on the very reason you've hired them for.

8x8 response

Hi Serenity, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and escalate? Thank you

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

My company has used 8x8 for a decade, and we are trying to switch out. They have HORRIBLE customer service. You can't get ANY answers out of them! It's just not worth the headache of figuring it all out yourself...

8x8 response

Hi Adir, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and escalate? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Wanted to try out their services for a month, was thinking I'd probably keep, because needed minimal services. I initiated a port of one of my numbers, and then they stated it would take a week to complete. So I canceled everything. I then tried to port to another company and it was taking a while. After a week, I got an email from 8x8 that the port had completed to the closed account. I spent 2.5 hours with 6 different reps trying to resolve this, and in the end the said they've reopened the account, but the # is still not in that account and usable. I've been working with small businesses like my own for 25 years and their dashboard is downright archaic.. and convoluted. It's like there was absolutely no thought given to time and ease of use to the end of user.

8x8 response

Hi clint, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and escalate? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I have to have my bosses force log me out of salesforce, I click call and it says it's calling but it doesn't, you click answer and nothing happens so you click it again and again until it answers and then it hangs up on clients. Every single person in my dept. absolutely despises using 8x8. We have had so many problems with them and the service.

8x8 response

Hi Christopher, We are sorry to hear about your experience with the service. Can you please send us your latest case ID so we can investigate the issue and help out? Thank you

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

When my card expired, I added ACH payment, but billing department hasn't charged money and now my account is deactivated. I asked support via email to help me (case **) , but they never called me back. I called to support line and no help as well. You don't need money?

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information