Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.12/5

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 is ranked the #1 provider of hosted business VoIP by industry analyst firm, Frost & Sullivan.

Visit us at www.8x8.com. Our products and services include:

- 8x8 Virtual Office: Cloud-based VoIP business phone service - 8x8 Virtual Office Pro: VoIP business phone service bundled with online fax, web conferencing, call recording

- 8x8 Virtual Contact Center: Cloud-based call center / contact center

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: May 28, 2020

The overall experience with using 8x8 is satisfactory. The main reason we went with 8x8 in our office was to host our work phone numbers as well as have the capabilities of hosting conference calls and video calls. The process of porting over our phone numbers and getting everything set up was not as easy as we were told it would be, however we were successful in the end. We were told we would have a "free month" for the first month of service, but there must have been an issue with the billing department as our first bill was for the full monthly amount. This has since been solved, but was quite an ordeal.

The virtual office applications is where the most improvements can be made. There are very basic features in terms of messaging/chatting, video, phone calls, calendar integration, etc., which many other platforms offer much more. Quality is an issue as well. Video and call quality is satisfactory, however screen-sharing is where the quality really takes a hit. When sharing your screen during a meeting, I've only heard negative feedback from viewers stating that the image is blurry and they cannot read any text that I'm trying to show. The good news is that there seems to be frequent updating to the platform with updated and new features. So it's promising to see and we're hopeful that more features will continue to be added.

Some of these features we'd like to see are:
    - Ability to chat with multiple people without having to create a new "room"
    - Having the full Outlook calendar sync to the application
    - Ability to add an emoji to an individual chat message
    - More features within messages: add GIFs, images, etc.

- When opening links to documents within messages, it would be great if they opened directly in the application instead of having to download the file first.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, We appreciate you taking time in reviewing our service. We are glad you are pointing out what is missing in our app. We will do our best to continue improving our application for our customers. We have submitted a feedback base on your findings, Thanks and have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I am using 8*8 for my company phones. All good so far, quality of the service is good as well as the support when need be. Very easy and quick to add lines when needed and the account management is pretty intuitive. Helps me reduce mobile bills as well.

8x8 response

Sorry for the late feedback, I have send you private response

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using and recommending 8x8 to my Client for over 10-years. The 8x8 backend has changed dramatically by introducing the Configuration Manager which is replacing the older Account Manager for managing you Extensions / Features / AutoAttendant / ... etc. Some of the newer features are still to be tested and deployed since there is no documentation or clear step-by-step instructions but I must admit that the 8x8 Customer Support are doing their best and when the 1st level doesn't know, they escalate it to the next level.

My experience with the Virtual Office Desktop for PC is not that great as it takes a long time to load and eats up a lot of system resources. This needs to be polished as a lot of Users would like to have it as their main phone with a headset attached to their PC/Mac. Other than that, I think 8x8 need to work on their Reporting Module for Audits and Billing as it was much better and easy to use in their older Account Manager. I'll give [4] stars with no hesitation and will definitely recommend 8x8 to my new clients as if you know how to use it, you will enjoy it!!!

8x8 response

Thank you so much for your feedback Reda, we loved to hear that you are liked our service! For your app concerns I would suggest to send us a feedback from the app so our dev team will be notified.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We have had 8x8 internet phone service at our non-profit for a while now. Just a few things I like about the service: a pop up comes on my computer screen telling me who is calling, I can fax from the service, it has chat and meetings capability, and logs calls (incoming and outgoing), missed calls, voicemails, faxes (incoming and outgoing), and you can sync your calendar. Incoming calls can be saved as a contact, there is a "favorites list," there are keyboard shortcuts to make calls from your keyboard.

Just recently I attempted to change the fax cover sheet information, and was unable to do so, and reached out to 8x8 for assistance. They not only had multiple people working on my issue, but they also called and emailed me updates as to what they were doing so I wasn't left wondering about my issue. I have been in a customer service related careers for 37 years---all of my working life, and never have I witnessed such great feedback and making me feel very up-to-date and included while fixing my issue. The system is very easy to use; even this old lady can use it... 8x8 is definitely worth it!! I dare you to find a better product with this level of service.

8x8 response

Hello Karena, WOW is all I can say about your journey with us! We are happy that you liked our product and service!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I built my own phone system in 1990 so I tried RingCentral to see if they could replicate my old phone system in 2010. Unfortunately RingCentral didn’t work so I tried 8x8, and was able to duplicate my old PBX functions and gain more features while saving on my phone bill. I was impressed with the 8x8 system that I started recommending and setting up the 8x8 phone system for my clients. I now have over 1000 happy users using 8x8. Any VoIP system is only as good as the network it resides on, which was the main cause why my 8x8 customers had call quality issues. I’ve experienced every scenario that made the 8x8 phone fail, but 99.99% of the time it wasn’t the 8x8 system that was the problem. Unfortunately sales people of any VoIP company are not technical enough to know what it takes to make VoIP systems work. I prequalify my customers network for 8x8 before I sell it to them.

Sometimes I find no firewall or router that is compatible with VoIP, slow internet, or incompatible data cables. If you don’t have a technical person that understands how to setup VoIP, you may have a bad experience. Sometimes the system may work for years and suddenly issues occur because the network was not setup for 8x8 correctly in the beginning. Most of my 8x8 customers never have an issue after I install their phone system and setup their network. I’ve had many customers switched from RingCentral, Vonage, Nextiva, Comcast, and all major phone companies to 8x8. 8x8 pricing is clear up front. No hidden fees unlike other companies.

The largest taxi company in my area was paying over $1500 a month to AT&T for phone service. When I switch them to 8x8, I got their phone bill down to $135 a month while giving them more features and phone lines. A medical office said 8x8 was $100 more expensive than Vonage, but after 2 months with Vonage they switch to 8x8, because their Vonage bill doubled from using features that were charge by usage instead of a flat rate fee like 8x8. Most VoIP companies are do it yourself with remote support only. Many times you need someone onsite who understands your network and can modify it for VoIP. I know what questions to ask my customers. I have them send me pictures of their equipment so I know what to order to make their overhead paging and phone system work.

My only complaint with 8x8 is their sales/tech support staff can’t keep up with their engineers. Many times I will see a new feature in the system and the sales and tech staff have no idea how to use it until weeks later. I too cannot keep up with the 8x8 upgrades. 8x8 will be the last phone system you will buy! If you are considering 8x8 as your phone system, contact me for assistance. I make 8x8 look good! www.MicroTechSys.com – 559 438-7580

8x8 response

Hi Joe and thank you for this terrific feedback! We absolutely love reading about how our customers are utilizing 8x8 with their customers. By the way, it's quite impressive to hear that you built your own phone system!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

We have been a customer of 8x8 for over 9 years. Due to COVID-19, we made the decision to close our office and work from home. After several attempts to try to switch our phone lines to home and receiving poor customer service, I made the decision to cancel our service. After 9 years of service we were told that we will be charged over $1100 for an early contract cancellation fee. I have asked repeatedly for a copy of the signed contract which they have never provided. Their response was that at the time we signed up for service that this information was included in the terms and conditions on their website. I have repeatedly asked for proof which they have not provided.

The cancellation fee is the balance of our “contract period” which is until February. I think this is outrageous after having been a faithful customer for over 9 years. I don’t think it is right to bury this information in terms and conditions on a website and not in a signed contract. They can’t even produce proof that it was in their terms and conditions. Even more galling is that their poor customer service is what made me cancel in the first place. I personally would never recommend 8x8.

8x8 response

Good day to you Jeanette, we are sorry you are having issues with cancellation policies. Can you DM us your account information and latest case ID so we can look into it? Thank you

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: July 14, 2020

We had to completely set this up ourselves - overseas support was TERRIBLE. System worked fine for 6 months, now they have raised our monthly price while IN CONTRACT?!? AND we have had 2 system down failures in 2 weeks. You will NEVER reach someone who can solve your problem, Callbacks are promised and never made. This is the WORST service I have ever seen from a tech company. We just set up a new account with their competitor today, WE are totally finished and would NEVER recommend them. I have also pulled my wife's service from them as well. JUST AWFUL. You would be better off with 2 cans and a string.

8x8 response

Hello Chris, sorry to hear that you are not getting the complete assistance you needed. We have sent you a message, can you please share with us the case number or your account information so we can check? Thank you

Original review: June 12, 2020

It is a great platform to be able to communicate between the main office and field staff. Having the Desktop and Mobile app are super convenient. Call quality is equal to cell phone signal. The versatility has been a game changer!

8x8 response

Hello Marilyn, Thank you so much for providing our service a great feedback! Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: June 12, 2020

Having battled unsuccessfully with virtual offices in the past and still needing to travel extensively for work, I decided to trial 8x8. They have been a fantastic asset to my business and I can’t recommend them highly enough. Customer service is second to none but above all, their products and services work, and they consistently deliver on what they promise.

Thank you for giving us 5-star review Niamh! Have a nice day

Original review: June 11, 2020

I started a 'free' 30 day trial of PRO level for their video-conferencing software. I have already submitted my credit card details, to find out now that it is not possible to cancel my trial directly. This involves dealing with several layers of customer service and billing department and is overall a frustrating experience.

8x8 response

Hello Nikola, sorry you are having issues cancelling your trial account with us. Can you share with us the email ypi use to register trial account and we will check this for you? Thank you

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information