Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.19/5

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 is ranked the #1 provider of hosted business VoIP by industry analyst firm, Frost & Sullivan.

Visit us at www.8x8.com. Our products and services include:

- 8x8 Virtual Office: Cloud-based VoIP business phone service - 8x8 Virtual Office Pro: VoIP business phone service bundled with online fax, web conferencing, call recording

- 8x8 Virtual Contact Center: Cloud-based call center / contact center

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Back on approximately Thursday, December 17th, 2020, I lost my Google Voice phone service for invalid reasons and I was desperate to find a low cost, budget business phone system that can offer me an affordable, cloud-based voice, video messaging and contact center solution just for me. While going online and doing some heavy research, I ended up finding 8x8, Inc. Which offers an affordable price of only $12.00 dollars per month, plus the local taxes for unlimited phone calls, text and video messaging for both incoming and outgoing for most of North America. I was so relieved to find such a company that I signed up with them immediately! Furthermore, they also offer really good services which even includes allowing you to port your old phone number to their cloud-based phone system which is what I am doing right now!

Moving right along: I want to personally thank Jamieson and David for helping me to better understand their services back on Friday, December 18th, 2020! If you are looking for a super duper cloud-based phone system that is efficient and affordable, then 8x8, inc. Is the right place to come to! Sincerely yours, Howard **, 8x8, Inc. Cloud-based phone customer, Executive, volunteer writer for Google Maps and Tripadvisor websites. /HPS

8x8 response

Good day Howard, Thank you for taking your time in providing feedback about our service. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: May 28, 2020

The overall experience with using 8x8 is satisfactory. The main reason we went with 8x8 in our office was to host our work phone numbers as well as have the capabilities of hosting conference calls and video calls. The process of porting over our phone numbers and getting everything set up was not as easy as we were told it would be, however we were successful in the end. We were told we would have a "free month" for the first month of service, but there must have been an issue with the billing department as our first bill was for the full monthly amount. This has since been solved, but was quite an ordeal.

The virtual office applications is where the most improvements can be made. There are very basic features in terms of messaging/chatting, video, phone calls, calendar integration, etc., which many other platforms offer much more. Quality is an issue as well. Video and call quality is satisfactory, however screen-sharing is where the quality really takes a hit. When sharing your screen during a meeting, I've only heard negative feedback from viewers stating that the image is blurry and they cannot read any text that I'm trying to show. The good news is that there seems to be frequent updating to the platform with updated and new features. So it's promising to see and we're hopeful that more features will continue to be added.

Some of these features we'd like to see are:
    - Ability to chat with multiple people without having to create a new "room"
    - Having the full Outlook calendar sync to the application
    - Ability to add an emoji to an individual chat message
    - More features within messages: add GIFs, images, etc.

- When opening links to documents within messages, it would be great if they opened directly in the application instead of having to download the file first.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, We appreciate you taking time in reviewing our service. We are glad you are pointing out what is missing in our app. We will do our best to continue improving our application for our customers. We have submitted a feedback base on your findings, Thanks and have a nice day!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have had an overall very good experience with 8x8 as my communications provider. The service is extremely reliable and the software is well maintained with new and useful features added on a regular basis. After one of those updates, however, I noticed that a feature I used frequently no longer behaved the same way. I contacted support and they gave me an option which helped once, but when the issue returned, the solution did not work the second time. So I resumed the ticket and worked with a new person who went through the initial sanity checks and verified that I knew how to use the feature properly, then she tested for herself and found that indeed there seemed to be an issue that would need to be escalated.

When the escalation team got in touch, I had to go through the explanation and same solutions and verification of knowledge for now a 3rd time despite having just gone through that exercise moments before and being assured that all that information would be added to the ticket and conveyed to the next level support team. In the end the issue was resolved relatively promptly and everyone I dealt with was very polite. My only criticism would be that there is some combination of lack of communication between teams and a lack of faith that an issue is really an issue.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing our service James! Glad all your issues got resolved. Have a nice day to you

Original review: April 27, 2020

I have been using 8x8 now for 3 years. I did a ton of research before installing the system and what sold me was the reviews on their customer service. They have always been able to resolve issues quickly and in a manner that is polite. Their support system is insanely redundant to the point where if you can't find a solution, you just aren't trying. Their YouTube videos helped tremendously and were clear enough that even the senior users we have at our offices were able to easily learn how to use all of the functions on the phones within the first week of use.

Now that this covid-19 has hit, 8x8 has been a real savior. Many of our staff are now working seamlessly from home and our customers don't know the difference. 8x8 has been a life ring for Herrington Harbour and we would not be able to manage our business during this time without it. I can not say anything bad about this company. If anyone has any questions or wants a private conversation about my experience, I stand by it 100% and they can call my office at ** and ask for Brad. I will be happy to talk to anyone about our experience.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us Brad! Stay safe always

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have been a loyal 8x8 customer for 7+ years. That’s an eternity in the tech biz! They continue to impress with tools that need the demands of the times. We recently had to prepare for and deploy a telehealth solution for nearly 1,000 physical therapists. As long time 8x8 clients we chose to implement 8x8 video meetings. Telehealth has saved our business and we have 8x8 to thank for have the tools we need to get work done! With all of the bad press surrounding Zoom, it was comforting to know we had a solution in place that met our needs and kept us safe and compliant! Thank you 8x8!!

We also had to get hundreds of support staff ready to work from home. With 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop, we were able to have our staff prepared to work from him so quickly. The process was super smooth and using 8x8 allowed us to focus on getting hardware ready because we knew that every user would have immediate access to their desk phone from anywhere using 8x8 VOD. Thanks again 8x8!! These are all services that are above and beyond the traditional phone service that is rock solid, reliable and easy to use. You won’t regret choosing 8x8!

8x8 response

Thank you so much for leaving a feedback, Have a nice day to you!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 2, 2021

Beware of 8x8 service agreement. They trick you into what they call “automatic” yearly renewal commitments. According to them if you try to cancel you’ll be liable for the years payment balance. It’s also impossible to get their customer service on the phone unless it’s for a new sale. It just took me over a week to get a call back to request a service cancellation.

8x8 response

Good day Yaniv. We are sorry to hear about your issues with your service contract. Please know that this is stated on the 8x8's current Terms and Conditions and sections 2.1, 2.3.1, 11 & 12 of your existing service agreement for further cancelation details.

Reference: https://support.8x8.com/support-services/billing-account-management/how-to-cancel-an-8x8-account-or-extension

If there are any disparity with your contract please DM us your cancellation case ID and we will check.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 24, 2021

I would avoid 8x8 if at all possible. If you are looking for a smooth resolution then 8x8 is not the way to go. When trying to contact 8x8 it is a hit or miss. Even if you do get a human they cannot help you and have to transfer you to advanced support. When I was told I would receive a call back my phone would ring 1 time and then they would hang up. When I would reach out all they would say is they are notating the account. It takes days to reach the proper person to help and the customer service is horrible. They do not use basic courtesy and are rude to deal with. We will be looking for a new service as soon as our contract is up.

8x8 response

Hello Earl, thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review about your experience with our service. We are disheartened to hear about your overall experience with us. We will escalate this matter internally so we could have a faster resolution about your technical concern. If anything like this happens again, please write us on reviews@8x8.com together with your account details so we could have a support follow up ASAP. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Unbelievably poor customer service!! Impossible to connect with a human being to stop my subscription so I had to resort to calling my credit card and telling them to refuse and block any further payments thinking that would prod a human being to call me....when they call it comes up as spam so I dont answer the phone. They leave a message with a number- 1-888-898-8733.. I call and get told to go online and speak to OTTO, a ROBOT who can answer all my questions...

After numerous attempts to reach a human being, I finally was able to reach someone in the sales department who put me in contact with the "right person " and I received a confirmation email my service was cancelled...and today I got another phone call marked spam with a voice mail telling me they can't process my payment! Amazing. The difference from when I started my service...couldn't get enough customer support. Now you can't reach a human being. Do not use this service!

8x8 response

Good day Lisa, sorry to hear about your issues reaching out to our support. Can you please message us your account information? Thank you

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I was with 8x8 for 3 months shy of a year. Calls seemed good quality but, the company is not ideal. Any time I tried to get help they wouldn’t help me, either I couldn’t get a hold of someone or they would tell me to get a hold of my rep. I had no clue who my rep was and apparently they couldn’t tell me. Eventually I got the name of the person but, they apparently didn’t know his email. I was frustrated being the system is not user friendly at all! Just setting it all up was difficult. Making a call was fine.

So since I couldn’t get help on the issues I decided to cancel. I can understand with paying a cancelation fee of $99 like I was told but now it’s $119 plus I have to pay for the last 3 months of service. So I would be paying even more than if I just kept it the extra 3 months! You would think with the issues I had with it they would at least cancel the cancelation fee. DO NOT GO WITH 8x8. I went with Vonage and it’s user friendly and I get help when I need it. Sent an email back telling the rep I will just not cancel and pay the remaining 3 months! So stupid.

8x8 response

Good day Julie, My name is Joe of 8x8. First off we are sorry to hear about your issues with your accounts policy. Unfortunately there is a fee for early termination of contract and its stated on the terms and condition. If you are having issues reaching out to support and is not getting full help, we will review and check your concern. Will you be able to share your latest case ID? Please send it to us via private response.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I would consider looking elsewhere when looking for a VoIP solution. After 10 years as a customer, our business needs changed. 8x8 claims the Terms of Service include an annual auto-renew of their service. Talking to someone on the phone is almost impossible. This also leaves a terrible end to our relationship with them. I would definitely look at other solution partners.

8x8 response

Good day Todd, we are sorry to hear about your issues with account policies. Unfortunately the amount you owe will vary based on your service agreement. Typical charges include any unpaid usage fees, disconnection or termination fees, and any past due amounts.

If there are discrepancies about the charges incurred please share and DM us your account information so we can investigate. Thank you

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information