Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.04/5

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 is ranked the #1 provider of hosted business VoIP by industry analyst firm, Frost & Sullivan.

Visit us at www.8x8.com. Our products and services include:

- 8x8 Virtual Office: Cloud-based VoIP business phone service - 8x8 Virtual Office Pro: VoIP business phone service bundled with online fax, web conferencing, call recording

- 8x8 Virtual Contact Center: Cloud-based call center / contact center

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: May 28, 2020

The overall experience with using 8x8 is satisfactory. The main reason we went with 8x8 in our office was to host our work phone numbers as well as have the capabilities of hosting conference calls and video calls. The process of porting over our phone numbers and getting everything set up was not as easy as we were told it would be, however we were successful in the end. We were told we would have a "free month" for the first month of service, but there must have been an issue with the billing department as our first bill was for the full monthly amount. This has since been solved, but was quite an ordeal.

The virtual office applications is where the most improvements can be made. There are very basic features in terms of messaging/chatting, video, phone calls, calendar integration, etc., which many other platforms offer much more. Quality is an issue as well. Video and call quality is satisfactory, however screen-sharing is where the quality really takes a hit. When sharing your screen during a meeting, I've only heard negative feedback from viewers stating that the image is blurry and they cannot read any text that I'm trying to show. The good news is that there seems to be frequent updating to the platform with updated and new features. So it's promising to see and we're hopeful that more features will continue to be added.

Some of these features we'd like to see are:
    - Ability to chat with multiple people without having to create a new "room"
    - Having the full Outlook calendar sync to the application
    - Ability to add an emoji to an individual chat message
    - More features within messages: add GIFs, images, etc.

- When opening links to documents within messages, it would be great if they opened directly in the application instead of having to download the file first.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, We appreciate you taking time in reviewing our service. We are glad you are pointing out what is missing in our app. We will do our best to continue improving our application for our customers. We have submitted a feedback base on your findings, Thanks and have a nice day!

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have had an overall very good experience with 8x8 as my communications provider. The service is extremely reliable and the software is well maintained with new and useful features added on a regular basis. After one of those updates, however, I noticed that a feature I used frequently no longer behaved the same way. I contacted support and they gave me an option which helped once, but when the issue returned, the solution did not work the second time. So I resumed the ticket and worked with a new person who went through the initial sanity checks and verified that I knew how to use the feature properly, then she tested for herself and found that indeed there seemed to be an issue that would need to be escalated.

When the escalation team got in touch, I had to go through the explanation and same solutions and verification of knowledge for now a 3rd time despite having just gone through that exercise moments before and being assured that all that information would be added to the ticket and conveyed to the next level support team. In the end the issue was resolved relatively promptly and everyone I dealt with was very polite. My only criticism would be that there is some combination of lack of communication between teams and a lack of faith that an issue is really an issue.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for taking your time in reviewing our service James! Glad all your issues got resolved. Have a nice day to you

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I am using 8*8 for my company phones. All good so far, quality of the service is good as well as the support when need be. Very easy and quick to add lines when needed and the account management is pretty intuitive. Helps me reduce mobile bills as well.

8x8 response

Sorry for the late feedback, I have send you private response

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been using and recommending 8x8 to my Client for over 10-years. The 8x8 backend has changed dramatically by introducing the Configuration Manager which is replacing the older Account Manager for managing you Extensions / Features / AutoAttendant / ... etc. Some of the newer features are still to be tested and deployed since there is no documentation or clear step-by-step instructions but I must admit that the 8x8 Customer Support are doing their best and when the 1st level doesn't know, they escalate it to the next level.

My experience with the Virtual Office Desktop for PC is not that great as it takes a long time to load and eats up a lot of system resources. This needs to be polished as a lot of Users would like to have it as their main phone with a headset attached to their PC/Mac. Other than that, I think 8x8 need to work on their Reporting Module for Audits and Billing as it was much better and easy to use in their older Account Manager. I'll give [4] stars with no hesitation and will definitely recommend 8x8 to my new clients as if you know how to use it, you will enjoy it!!!

8x8 response

Thank you so much for your feedback Reda, we loved to hear that you are liked our service! For your app concerns I would suggest to send us a feedback from the app so our dev team will be notified.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We have had 8x8 internet phone service at our non-profit for a while now. Just a few things I like about the service: a pop up comes on my computer screen telling me who is calling, I can fax from the service, it has chat and meetings capability, and logs calls (incoming and outgoing), missed calls, voicemails, faxes (incoming and outgoing), and you can sync your calendar. Incoming calls can be saved as a contact, there is a "favorites list," there are keyboard shortcuts to make calls from your keyboard.

Just recently I attempted to change the fax cover sheet information, and was unable to do so, and reached out to 8x8 for assistance. They not only had multiple people working on my issue, but they also called and emailed me updates as to what they were doing so I wasn't left wondering about my issue. I have been in a customer service related careers for 37 years---all of my working life, and never have I witnessed such great feedback and making me feel very up-to-date and included while fixing my issue. The system is very easy to use; even this old lady can use it... 8x8 is definitely worth it!! I dare you to find a better product with this level of service.

8x8 response

Hello Karena, WOW is all I can say about your journey with us! We are happy that you liked our product and service!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Do not engage with those company. Go anywhere else but here. Their tactics are unethical and their customer service is consistently rude, snarky and script oriented. Run in the other direction immediately.

8x8 response

Good day Ed, sorry to hear you are having problems with our customer service. Any particular case you would like us to check? Please message us the details and we will get back to you.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I have used 8x8 for approximately five years. When we started with 8x8, it was a great experience; easy onboarding, good support, and reasonable prices. Over the years, the experience has changed. Since COVID started, our calls were regularly getting dropped or had other quality issues. Trying to get in touch was beyond painful with 60 minute plus wait times. We decided to change providers as 8x8 could not meet our business needs.

I have attempted to cancel our service four times; the conversation always ends with our cancellation department will call you back. And they never do! This last time I called, I did get to talk to a human (a rare occurrence), and they informed me that I would owe them $1,100 for canceling. I went through the original sales quote/agreement, and there was nothing like that mentioned. I do recall discussing with our salesman, and he stated after three years, we could cancel at any time. 8x8 is a challenging company to work with, their call quality is subpar, and support is a nightmare. It is too bad they have fallen so far.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

This is a year contract for their service. They let you start them easy, but if you want to drop a line... hundreds of dollars. Long, long, long, long hold times of up to 1hr at times. Foreign workers with heavy dialect is what you get to enjoy trying to communicate here. We have spent hours trying to get them to refund a payment they never should have drafted, but they think it is normal. A year is 12 months. We turned in cancel request on July 2nd 2020 at 1:59pm for our thirty day notice to cancel and none renew our contract on 08/14/2020. They went ahead and charged us again for month 13 and they believe it is their money. We have tried to speak with them many time. This company is very difficult to get things set up correctly. The app is not that great. If you are looking for aggravation, workers difficult to understand and you enjoy people treating you with a strong position of authority, well you have found your company to do business with.

8x8 response

Good day Joshua, first off we are sorry to hear you have issues cancelling your service. Can you message us the ticket number of your cancellation together with your 8x8 number? We will look into it

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

We have been a customer of 8x8 for over 9 years. Due to COVID-19, we made the decision to close our office and work from home. After several attempts to try to switch our phone lines to home and receiving poor customer service, I made the decision to cancel our service. After 9 years of service we were told that we will be charged over $1100 for an early contract cancellation fee. I have asked repeatedly for a copy of the signed contract which they have never provided. Their response was that at the time we signed up for service that this information was included in the terms and conditions on their website. I have repeatedly asked for proof which they have not provided.

The cancellation fee is the balance of our “contract period” which is until February. I think this is outrageous after having been a faithful customer for over 9 years. I don’t think it is right to bury this information in terms and conditions on a website and not in a signed contract. They can’t even produce proof that it was in their terms and conditions. Even more galling is that their poor customer service is what made me cancel in the first place. I personally would never recommend 8x8.

8x8 response

Good day to you Jeanette, we are sorry you are having issues with cancellation policies. Can you DM us your account information and latest case ID so we can look into it? Thank you

Original review: July 14, 2020

We had to completely set this up ourselves - overseas support was TERRIBLE. System worked fine for 6 months, now they have raised our monthly price while IN CONTRACT?!? AND we have had 2 system down failures in 2 weeks. You will NEVER reach someone who can solve your problem, Callbacks are promised and never made. This is the WORST service I have ever seen from a tech company. We just set up a new account with their competitor today, WE are totally finished and would NEVER recommend them. I have also pulled my wife's service from them as well. JUST AWFUL. You would be better off with 2 cans and a string.

8x8 response

Hello Chris, sorry to hear that you are not getting the complete assistance you needed. We have sent you a message, can you please share with us the case number or your account information so we can check? Thank you

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information