3.2/5 (74 ratings)

About 8x8

8x8 delivers cloud-based business communications solutions that are affordable, easy to use, and incredibly advanced. We help businesses serve their customers better, work smarter and conduct business anywhere, anytime. From hosted VoIP business phone service to hosted contact centers to unified communications, our services are proven, reliable and less expensive than traditional solutions.

8x8 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 8x8?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I am so happy that I purchased this phone system.. It makes me so glad that I have a listed number and equipment and an auto attendant and all kinds of other capabilities, to transfer calls and look and perform as if I am a Fortune 500 company. The service and equipment cost me less than $20 per month. This was the best decision I made ever..,. Now the only concern I have is the integration with my ZOHO CRM. It has been a little challenging to say the least but the tech support took good care of me when I realized I was not talented enough to do on my own..

8x8 response

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I started a business earlier this year and like most new startups you want quality with reasonable price. I needed a quality phone system and 8x8 gave me both. I was blown away by all the features I was getting at such a reasonable price. The best part is they are always improving. They are constantly sending me virtual invites to attend in order to learn more about current services as well as anything new that could help my business. The most impressive thing is their customer services. I receive courtesy emails and phone calls to make sure service is fine and if I have any questions. The process was simple to set up and the variety of plans you have at your disposal can accommodate any size businesses. Give them a call if you're in the market for a state of the arts communication company.

8x8 response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We are glad that you have chosen 8x8, we will do our best to provide the perfect experience for you. Have a nice day ahead!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Workforce Control Solutions chose 8x8 Work because of its reviews, however our experience with it has been better than what we read about it in the first place. The people in the company have all been professionals that know the job in the department they work in. They're quick to get us what we need or provide information on how we can achieve what we need with the software.

The software is VERY easy and intuitive to find your way around in it. Developing the phone tree was the toughest thing we had to accomplish - a quick 20 minute call with an agent resolved that. He was able to get it set up just right the second time through and gave us suggestions on how to make it better and he was right. It turned out to be a great training experience for us as we can administrate everything we want to do on our own now.

The services we provide demand a solid line that doesn't drop or sound like it's underwater. If you have a fast enough connection at your place of business, these phones not only have every feature of very expensive corporate systems, but they deliver crisp, clear communications over long periods of time with many people conferenced in. The equipment is first class quality for a very affordable price.

We use a lot of the features. The product keeps being developed and becoming even more valuable. The value delivered is well worth it. We are a small business that operates like a big business. Direct lines. Personal extensions. Transfer to someone else's extension on the other side of the country. The software is well documented and intuitive as well. All in all, we wouldn't trade our system for another. Why would we? 8x8 Work let's you take it with you without the customer even knowing you've switched over to mobile. And back again. 8x8 is SOLID AS A ROCK for WCS!

8x8 response

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a 5-Star review. Thank you for sharing your wonderful and great experience with 8x8. Have a nice day ahead!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

As a UK agent working with 8x8 over the last 5 years has been a great experience in both supporting me as a person and also enhancing my business profile. At no time do we feel undervalued and in fact, quite the opposite, where they reach out regularly to ensure we have the right tools to do our job, regardless of whether they win the business or not. This extends to the customer as well, and let’s not forget, these are the ones it matters to. Ok, so some customers are more demanding than others and we can’t win them all but, 8x8 do their best to make the decision for the customer to chose another provider or solution very difficult. Love working with them and long may we continue.

8x8 response

We are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Overall I think 8x8 is a fantastic system. It is not a giant but for a little guy, they really give you the vibe and support of a much larger company. Just to start with some of the pros for me. Pricing is a big thing and you really get your bang for the buck with 8x8. Installation and roll out was pretty easy for us. We employ over 100 employees and I was able to handle it with ease.

Support is also great. As a newbie at the time I had a lot of questions on how to do stuff and their Support Team was amazing. Sometimes they would spend an hour with me teaching me how to add queues or create an IVR. I also love that I have full autonomy over my call center and everything that goes into it. With our previous servicer, even adding a close message for a holiday was such a hassle since I couldn't do it myself.

My cons are much shorter and something I can still work around. One of them is reporting. Although reporting is better than what I previously had, I still wish I had more autonomy and options for reporting. They have a dashboard which is also very subpar and not easy to use. My last complaint would be the need for two systems in order to use the Call Center System. Unfortunately you need to also use Virtual Office in order to use Virtual Contact Center. Almost like having two phone systems. Those are really my only issues with 8x8 after a year and a half. Overall I still recommend and the pricing is much better for what you get.

8x8 response

Thank you for your review. We will share this with the team to let them know how we are doing.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 20, 2022

We have had 8X8 VoIP service for the past 3 years but unfortunately, they have dropped our 800 number and for the past 6-months we have attempted to get this straight with 8X8 service. Forget about their "customer service" rep, Gerard, he doesn't answer or return calls EVER. I have escalated this up the ladder but unfortunately it has ended with empty promises and finger pointing. So sad that a once-good company is now the absolute worst at customer service. I hope they get this straight by the end of this week or our relationship with 8x8 will be severed, and I will be offsetting their final invoice against the credits owned for charging us with a number that does not exist. Ridiculous!

8x8 response

We sincerely apologize for the troubles you've had with the service. We'd be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at reviews@8x8.com. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 10, 2022

What a mess! Good luck if you can ever get the same response from two people at 8x8. Opened an account with them almost 4 years ago when I started a new company. We have grown very quickly, they are very quick to respond if you need to add a line. Yet, of course, make it super difficult to cancel a line. Regardless of that, if you talk to enough people, the line and license get cancelled, sometimes. Most of the time you will need to follow up with them again, and again, and again to make sure it's actually cancelled.

Now here comes the really good part. As we continued growing, we went from 4-5 licenses and a dozen lines, to 210 licenses over those 3 years. Over that time spending over $200k with 8x8. As we grew and staff numbers fluctuated, like I mentioned we occasionally had to cancel licenses. Not once in those years was a cancellation fee mentioned when we needed to cancel a license. Well, as a company, we decided to move our entire sales team to a new CRM system, one of the huge perks to this new system was that everything was incorporated directly in the platform including a phone system for the sales people. This is close to 100 sales people and it would cost us more for the new system but the benefits were incredible. Move all 100 of these people to their new crm, go to cancel their licenses with 8x8.

All of a sudden there are now cancellation fees for cancelling these licenses. What's the cancellation fee? The entire license fees for the year. By the way, this started back in January, and have been trying to get them reduced for the last 6 months. Talked to I can't tell you how many people, they refer you to someone higher up that has the authority to make that decision. Email them, no response. Literally they just ignore any email you send them, and of course the ironic part, they're a phone company, and none of these people pick up the phone.

I repeatedly emailed them the most logical thing I could think of, as our company is continuing to grow in every other department, and we had no plans to leave 8x8, why in the world would 8x8 want to insist on these fees and make us so unhappy that we move our entire company to another phone service and sacrifice the next 10+ years of our growing business? Literally not one response. Please, as someone who has had to deal with 6 months of trying to rectify this, use any other phone company in America.

8x8 response

We apology for the difficulties you experienced with us. If you would like some assistance or additional information, please contact us via reviews@8x8.com and we will be happy to help you further.

Original review: May 6, 2022

8x8 is easy to use, and half the cost of our previous provider. You have to be somewhat technical to get your office set up as everything is computerized. They have a chat option which will work for most, but I like also having the option to call in to customer service. I do not regret changing providers to 8x8 and would recommend them.

Original review: May 5, 2022

8x8 makes things so easy. I don't have a clunky phone on my desk anymore and I'm not chained to a cord. Thanks for making my job easy. A fax, email and text option streamlines everything into one place.

8x8 response

Original review: May 4, 2022

Our company has used 8x8 for many years. They are always very helpful with any issues we encounter. My account manager is amazing. He is always there with the solutions to our small issues. We are very happy with our VOIP through 8x8 and will continue to use them.

8x8 response

Hi Liza! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

8x8 author review by Ellen Muraskin

Another pioneer in VoIP history, 8x8 offers a complete range of cloud-based telecommunications solutions.​

• Full communications suite: 8x8 offers the entire unified communications suite, which includes chat, web conferencing, document sharing, text, video and voice.

• HIPAA compliant: With collaboration tools and HIPAA compliance, 8x8 makes a good fit with healthcare organizations and telemedicine applications.

• Education focus: As a certified E-rate provider, 8x8 qualifies K-12 schools for subsidies for communications services.

• Security measures: 8x8 also complies with the rigorous standards of the U.S. Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), FIPS 140-2 for data encryption and PCI-DSS for credit card security.

• Contact center: 8x8 provides all the contact center pieces for agents, callers and supervisors: analytics, CRM integration and workforce scheduling/training/monitoring.

• Real time reporting: 8x8's real-time call-center reporting runs on smartphones and goes wherever supervisors go.

• Accessories: Headphones, desk phones, webcams, routers and adapters can all be purchased through 8x8.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

8x8 Company Information