3.6/5 (323 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I order the above 18” Ceramic Christmas Tree & It arrived to me broken at the base/lights didn’t work/whole base was not even attached to tree (which explains why the base is broken). **See Attached Pictures ** I was told I would be responsible for the shipping charges to return broken one as well as shipping charges to get new one.-?? I don’t understand why a customer is responsible for the return charges when it arrived damaged & I immediately reached out to customer service (within 15 min of delivery). And then to get a new one that hopefully isn’t damaged as well I have to pay shipping charges to get it to me again.-!!! I mean seriously.-!!

Now if it was my fault I get it but it wasn’t my fault but this company apparently feels like they're not already overpricing the items by 200% they try to nickel & dime you to death… I sent messaged them back telling them to CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.. I know not all of us have credit to get things other places but I promise you this will turn out to be WAY MORE PROBLEMATIC than it’s worth so do yourself a favor & steer clear of FingerHut.-! I was mistaken when I thought if you purchased a item that costs $115 that it would come to you with working lights & NOT DAMAGED

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I bought two TVs. One was perfectly fine, the other tv screen was all messed up straight out of the box. I called and tried to get it exchanged. Was told there was nothing they could do which frankly is **. I have been a loyal customer for years, never missed payments and to treat me like they did was disgusting so I will probably never buy again from Fingerhut. I will pay my remaining balance and they can shove their ** where the sun don't shine. This tv was for my child and I have to not only pay for a broken tv, I can't use but had to go buy a new one so my child was happy. Great job Fingerhut customer service, y'all are straight disgusting!!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Joined to build credit. Never used it due to high prices. One day they up & closed the account and opened a different account w/o my authorization. The closed account dinged my credit and so did the new account, as it lowered my age of credit. So upsetting! I would not recommend Fingerhut.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

In case you didn't know in March or April '22 Fingerhut closed your active account and then opened a different account in your name without being authorized or even asking for authorization. In turn causing a lot of issues for a lot of people credit wise. Also besides that you are still obligated to pay the balance down on the closed account, which doesn't help your credit at all, right? At whatever the interest rate was at the time, Plus if you did happen to make a purchase with new account now you have to pay that balance off with the same interest rate. But still restricted to the same line of credit they let you increase to on closed account.

Is that legal? Paying 2 times the interest rates for the same amount of credit because they changed their name? Which is now 2 hits on your credit as well. New Account, Closed Account. I feel mislead and preyed upon as I am trying to build credit. After making payments on time all the time account closed and now irrelevant, no more credit increases for making payments on time nothing but debt left to pay off and a lower credit score. Angered Consumer.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Now, I get that you close my Fingerhut account but what I don’t get is how you think it’s okay to open up another account without my permission. That showed up on my credit as another account. Not only that you still charge me interest on the account that you closed. To be honest I thought they were really just changing their name. But when I order something I got a bill in the mail for that order. I’m like why is this separate from my Fingerhut account. So I called, and the lady was polite and informed me that it’s a separate account. So that’s mean I have two separate bills. I said okay, then I said I don’t think so. Right then I paid off that order and haven’t order anything else since.

Fingerhut did this wrong. You suppose to give people the option to switch to Fetti Fingerhut. You asking people to make two payments to same company, and that’s crazy. Now about this interest. It seems like it’s taking me forever to pay this old account off. By the grace of God I never had one late payment. I’m paying $130 a month and it take $80 off my balance. Now, if the company close the account in my opinion they forfeit any interest on that account!!! All they should get is what is owed…I’m really really upset with this whole situation!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

As everyone know, now Fetti Finances, Fingerhut closed my almost 10 year account and hit my credit for new finance institution, which I was not aware, one star just to comment. Why will I use your service from here on? FYI consumers need to know if a new inquiry is being issue, then consumer approves or otherwise. SMH.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I had advantage without being informed I get switched to fetti. Now I have two accounts and I got a cell phone that was junk non working piece of crap. I do not recommend this company to anyone. They will charge you double and they are rude and act like they don't understand nothing.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I have had a Fingerhut account for a long time. Fingerhut sends a catalogue for me to order from as I have done on several occasions. I ordered an item from what I believed to be Fingerhut's same account I have always had. I later was sent a bill from Fingerhut Fetti which listed a different account number. I did not authorize this account and was tricked into starting another account which I did not authorize which is a violation of North Carolina Law under fraud, False Pretense and bait and switch.

I contacted Fingerhut fetti who was very rude and I told personnel that I did not sign for any much account with Fingerhut fetti. I told Personnel to place any orders under my Fingerhut original account however, Fingerhut Fetti has now listed me five times as failure to pay on this fraudulent account. I will send a certified letter to Fingerhut Fetti and contact my legal advisor for possible criminal charges and report Fingerhut fetti to all three collection agencies. Please take notice that this complaint will be resolved through the North Carolina Court system if necessary. I am a retired law enforcement Criminal detective and will not stand criminal activity.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

This company is a joke!!! I called them and said their product is junk and this is a scam! A week later my credit was reduced from $1100 to $100. I also saw another review on late payments showing up after paying and then vanishing. I swear I made all my payments on time! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Ok so I try this place out for credit. Yes it will help your credit score. My issue was how they mail your stuff, just terrible the box was not in a shipping box and smashed... When I open the box the top of the coffee maker was broke but I kept it. Only had for 3 months and still making payments and it stop working!!! When I wrote for a return they will not!!! So I am now stuck paying off this coffee making that does not work and had to buy a new one elsewhere. I will not ever buy anything from this place...

Fingerhut Company Information