1.2/5 (60 ratings)

About Fingerhut

Fingerhut Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fingerhut?

Original review: June 20, 2022

I got this card to help with my credit. The merchandise is overpriced and you're paying more in shipping than the item is worth. If you don't use it they take your credit limit away. The footwear is terrible. I'm on a New Balance pair of slides. They didn't even last a season before peeling. I've had Nike, Under Armour, etc. last way longer and I paid less. Shipping is way more than the items' worth. They send it to my neighbors all the time. When the bill comes in by the time you're paying it off you paid probably double of what everything cost. Customer service isn't very helpful. I wore a pair of sandals I just bought from them four times and they're literally falling apart. I ordered a mixer I don't know how long ago and it still hasn't come and I dread calling them. After I pay this off I'm done with them. I do not recommend Fingerhut.

Original review: June 17, 2022

My interest rate is almost 30%. Even if I make more than the minimum payment, my bill stays the same. They want to charge way over market price for their goods as well. Customer service is useless. Do not under any circumstance use this company even if your credit approval looks appealing. I’m telling you it’s going to kill your credit.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2022

They tell Fingerhut Advance is being taken over by Fetti. What they don't tell you is that it means you're going to be billed for the same loan by two separate companies for two different accounts although the loan amount to you remains the same. This is a total rip off and should be illegal. I was paying Advance over the minimum just to later find out that Fetti regards it as zero payments and is racking up late payments as well. Not until this Month after I paid $100 one WK early for the due date was I told I'm to so play Fetti the minimum payment on the 15th too and they can not take it out of the overpayment I paid advance before the due because it's separate account. How can they be allowed to get away with this. I would have never continued with Fingerhut had they made it clear that I would be stuck paying two separate account for one loan! They need to be shut down permanently!!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I have been a customer for over 3 years. They now have switched their banking system to a different bank. Now as a customer from the past, I now have 2 separate accounts. If they would have made it clear that I would be having to make 2 payments, I would be okay, but they did not. So I turn they were able to charge me a late fee. When called to have rectified, customer service was very rude. As if it’s my fault they made these changes and DID NOT make it aware to me.

Original review: June 11, 2022

So I got approved for a Fresh Start account. Cool. Was able to get a few things. All good. I had buyer's remorse and quickly cancelled as soon as I compared the same option's price at other retailers. This wasn't really surprising, but I was able to cancel before they shipped and they let me know I'd receive a credit for the down payment, or the down payment would be fully refunded to my debit/credit card that was used (which can typically take 7-10 business days). So, after thinking I was going to get the funds back to my checking account, I waited 11 business days, still nothing. I contacted support again and they said they applied a credit for the down payment to my account, but I could contact support and have them mail me a check instead (weird).

At this point, I said whatever I'll just get the items I initially wanted. So I made the attempt. However, there doesn't seem to be a valid "credit" at all. In fact, the order says it is cancelled, but I cannot start a new order due to the pending down payment I already did weeks ago, and the credit on my account says $-30. At this point I try to start a new support ticket but I literally can't. When describing the issue it says I can't use certain punctuation, but they do have an automatic "fix it" button, so I clicked that and it got rid of the punctuation. But I still can't submit a new ticket. At this point I am annoyed and aggravated. $30 short with no items and no refund or credit. I decided to reply to their response of my former ticket and am waiting to see if they get back to me on Monday.

You may ask, "Why not just call them?". Well, apparently only certain credit accounts have customer service numbers and Fresh Start does not. Additionally, even calling these other numbers only gives you automated responses to input your phone number or account number to verify who you are, but if you don't have the credit account for that phone number it won't show up. Leaving you at the mercy of strict automation with zero help or customer service. Plenty of better websites that do the same as this elsewhere. This has been a headache.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Well I'm so angry because I've been with this company for 9+ years and I've only been 1 day late maybe 2 times. I called them to let them know I had a death in the family and also lost my job and home, but asked if they had a hardship plan I could do just for a few months. No, no help even with ridiculous late fees. I've managed to make the payments and now they changed banks and my account has been closed. This is ridiculous since I've been ordering and paying off this account for over 4 years. This has also happened to my daughter same thing and she has been with them for 7+ years. They should be closed out. Thanks for listening.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Fingerhut notified its customer cardholders of the following: "Important Changes To Your Account. Take a moment to review the recent changes to your Fingerhut account. Fingerhut Fetti Credit Card. 1 New Credit Account. Same Great Fingerhut. A new Fingerhut Fetti credit account has replaced your previous Fingerhut Advantage credit account in My Account."

What they failed to tell us customers is that this new Fetti account would be reported as a new account to the credit bureaus. I have worked hard to raise my credit score the past few years. The new line and closing of the old account ruined all of that hard work because it dropped my credit score considerably. And this from a company that advertises that it can increase your credit score. There should be a class action lawsuit for this.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I'm about to lose the home I'm having built because Fingerhut decided to close my oldest trade line and open a brand new one lowering my credit scores across the board in turn, disqualifying me from the down payment assistance I was previously approved for. They reached out to me requesting more information and what I thought was an attempt to help in some way, but what they actually did was attempt to blame everything on me and trash talk me to the people who works for the builder. The compliance director called me and continued to deny any blame and insisted my score hadn't dropped based on their last monitored pull on 5/4/2022. He claimed mortgage companies all use the same scores which is completely untrue. I sent them detailed proof of my scores dropping including amounts, date and the reason the credit Bureau gave for the drop. They cannot get away with this.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Not only do I never know my due date a few days before it's due, making it a great conduit for late payments a 50+ late fee and near 50% markups is ridiculous. Consumer Affairs please help get this scam company investigated. They also magically closed the account and put my old account to a new one without my consent. This fake account closure caused a 30 pt dip in my credit score.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I called to see why I was in the fraud department when I didn't report fraud nor do I have a bal. So after giving may my full social security number and dob verified everything. I was told need to send in a copy. I have been with this company over two years and paid off multiple items. I don't feel comfortable giving my info to this company when I didn't do anything different. I asked for a supervisor. She refused. She didn't even put me on hold. I asked for the president of the company contact info. She has literally just sat on the phone and didn't say anything. This is the most unprofessional company and they have lost a loyal customer.

Fingerhut Company Information