Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Vivitar Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Camera is junk, will not connect. Customer service can not speak English. Say my network's speed is too fast. 144. He says needs to be under 100. Was connected before, "He is a liar!" I want Vivitar to fix this and I want a Camera that works. I paid good money for this and product does not work. ** Vivitar. You suck. I'm going to blast Vivitar's name every way possible. Unless they fix this problem....

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

NEVER NEVER buy this product. I bought one for a trip. Took 5 pictures, it quit working. Contact the protection plan online. They told me to call a number. I did. They want me to send it back at MY COST. No! I just bought your camera and your plan. NEVER AGAIN!!!! Now I am out of a camera and money for a protection plan. They kept telling I must PAY to ship it to them. Will not help out. RIPOFF COMPANY.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2019

My mother gave me the DVR 794HD action camera as a gift. Brand new out of the box, the camera would not turn on. I charged the battery overnight and got 5 seconds of charge and dead. Tried again and nothing. Real piece of garbage. I just threw it in the trash. For the price, there are many better brands out there that offer cameras that actually work well. Vivitar should be banned from selling cameras since they are either poor quality or useless junks that don't work out of the box.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I bought my daughter a Vivitar selfie-cam digital camera for her 8th grade trip to Washington DC. It's the most expensive paper weight I've ever bought. The thing doesn't even take pictures! Once going into "Settings" it says to press "mode" to back out of it, that doesn't even work. The only way to back out of settings is to shut the camera off. I'm very disappointed in this purchase. If you buy a Vivitar, you might as well walk right over to the dumpster and trash it! I only gave this one star because it doesn't allow me to give negative stars for this product. Total garbage!

Original review: April 7, 2019

$150 SPEND FOR A PIECE OF JUNK. Customer service not existing. Do not spend your money for "Vivitar drones"!!! Used it for 10 min. Recharge the battery, which does not recharge, even if I had it plug in for more than 4 hours. Tried to contact customer service and no respond.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vivitar?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

By uploading this camera to my wi-fi on my phone, we monitoring the outside, not 24-7 only about 10 or 15 minutes when we hear something or my dog bark. I notice my smartphone started to overheat, my phone went in and out. Then it burned out! I don't understand why the cameras can't be used on a tv or monitor! I do not set and watch my phone all the time!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I am writing to formally complain about Vivitar cameras customer service dept. I wrote the dept. with an email never got any reply. Again I contacted live operator on the phone was told my disk would be emailed to me within 24 hours, again 72 hours later nothing was sent as I always check spam as well as regular emails. I am totally dismayed at why something so simple as sending a disk drive by email was not completed? I own a Vivitar ViviCam XX14. All I wanted was the disk drive for it sent so I can store pictures and actually use the camera for something other than a paperweight. Please resolve this or I will be forced to involve an attorney.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Made out of Ice Blocks. - Vivitar DVR 794HD - The 'Ice Block" melted in my hands after holding only 2 charges. Freezing is eminently available. Battery will not hold charge, charge port is a mess and the early stages of frustrations I had to hold at an angle to get a charge. I have no idea what to do with this.

Original review: April 11, 2017

My 8 yr old son just got a camera for his birthday and was thrilled. Now he is so sad because the camera a Vivitar Vivicam 54 that he received is broken and he only took maybe 10 pictures. The USB port is inside of the camera so that there is nowhere for him to plug it in and there is no SD card since the pics can only be retrieved via USB. He can take pictures but has no way to print or save them. You can hear the USB port shaking inside the camera. I didn't expect great quality or anything for such a cheap camera, but we did expect it to at least work. When I called customer service, they said they will replace the camera fully, but first I had to pay shipping and tracking costs. Why should I have to pay to get the camera fixed that is their broken piece of junk??? I am not satisfied and will make sure others know how Vivitar's camera ruined my little boy's birthday.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

Bluetooth Headphones - My son received this for a Christmas present and when he went to plug his phone into the Jack the Jack push right out of the headphone... Product broke. Some Christmas gift this was... We wouldn't recommend this product or any product from Vivitar...

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Vivitar Company Information