1.64/5
Based on 81 reviews that contain star ratings

180 Sony Cameras Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 31, 2015

A little cleaning fluid ran under the sensor-glass and I've sent the camera back to Sony for repair. Sony wants to replace the whole sensor for the price of £582! The sensor is covered by an outer glass which is clamped to it. Just a clean of the glass is all that is needed. Never will I buy another Sony product.

Original review: July 22, 2015

You will not get help with questions even when inquiring about info on purchasing thousands of dollars of equipment. You will spend hours on the phone getting nowhere but transferred again & again to incompetent people, whether in a call center in Asia or a manager in a store. There is NO customer service. You may as well call McDonald's and ask the fry cook your questions - at least you will get them on the line quick and they would be just as knowledgeable.

Original review: July 11, 2015

What a disappointment the Sony RX 100 has become. When new it worked fine, but alas it spat the dummy. After two years the lens got stuck and wouldn't operate. Error code states problem with lens. Repairer said cost of quote alone is $60 before starting. Lens replacement $185 plus labour. Repairer said it would be uneconomical to go ahead and I should buy a replacement. Well, I bought a broken down RX100 and DIY the lens. Yippee! The lens works again. However inside my camera I noticed RUSTED screws (4). Not impressed...'Sony'.

Mine was made in Japan. I hear in the forums, beware of the Chinese ones, as some screws are missing. Brilliant camera but Sony support woeful!!! My view on the stuck lens I believe was, “Camera turned ON by itself inside camera case. Showing battery 'exhausted'”. This was a genuine fully charged battery. Putting strain on lens as it was being forced to open. BEWARE. Cannon and Panasonic have similar cameras. Check the market.

Original review: July 10, 2015

I purchased a Sony camcorder at Best Buy in December of 2014. In April it stopped charging. I called Sony end of May/beginning of June. I spoke to a woman who told me the repair would be covered and that all I needed to do was pay to mail it to Precision Camera. I sent it to Precision Camera and they called and told me the cost of repair was $94. I told them that Sony told me there was no charge. I had only used the camera three times and it was less than 6 months old when it stopped charging. They checked with Sony and called me back with the same price. An American from Sony happened to call to check on my experience and I told him that I was on a plane going on vacation without my camcorder because...and I explained to him the situation. He was apologetic and hoped I could work it out.

I called Sony when I got back and got some department across the world. No one could help me or transfer me to a manager. "We can't do that," he said. I kept up and he finally went to talk to his manager. He came back and said the same. "I can't transfer you." The manager (or someone) called back the next day, at the time I said I was NOT available. He only left the 800 number and said "I hope you can work out the problem". I called back 5 minutes later and was on the phone for half an hour, trying to get transferred to a manager. He went and asked his manager and again I was told no. I asked him to get his manager and bring him to his phone if there was no way to transfer. He said "we don't do things like that here...you will get a call back in 2-3 days. I was so frustrated I can't even begin to tell you. The camera was $159. They want $94 to fix it. They refuse to take customer service calls. I will never buy another Sony product.

Original review: May 18, 2015

Bought a Sony Cyber-Shot model DSC-HX20V in July of 2012 and by December of 2014 the lens would no longer open. I contacted Sony support and was given the name of their designated repair center. It was returned and the repair center told me the parts were no longer available. I asked them are Sony's support length and they, Precision Camera, said, "They have a 5-10 support length," which apparently is untrue. I sent several emails to Sony explaining my situation and asking what their product support life cycle is but have not received a reply. Only tech support sent me an email asking if I wanted to buy another camera. Of course I said, "No." Apparently Sony does not stick by their products and it should be made known they only support their products for less than two years. I have bought much cheaper cameras in the past that have lasted much longer. I will no longer purchase anything from Sony.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: March 18, 2015

We are Sony family. In the past, we used many Sony brand cameras already. We used to like Sony camera, but not this one. I really hate the delay of this camera. After a few days used I was going to return it to Target store, but I can't find my receipt, therefore I can't return it, have to use it, even I really hate this camera. DSC-W830 is really disappointing us. I bought the bundle package, including case and Sony SD card from Target store.

Problem#1, when take a single picture, press a photo button, there's delay until the camera flashes.
Problem#2, when pick Continue shooting setting, press photo button, there's delay for continue shooting too.

Problem#3, and then there's message appear 'Recording' even only a few pictures by using image size 5M or VGA.

Missing a lot of good moments using this camera.

Original review: March 7, 2015

A sales "expert" told me what wide angle lenses to buy for my professional PMX FS7 camera and assured me they would be compatible. The first lens arrives and I can't adjust the aperture, focus, or zoom through the camera - all auto features are disabled. No aperture ring on the lens either. 4 hours trying to get someone on the phone, e service link on website sent me to the Canadian site 3 times, spent 15 minutes at a time on hold only to be disconnected or redirected by the prompts to some other company. When I did get someone they were unable to help me. Finally a complaint on their facebook page got a response and a number that worked.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

I am the owner of a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-50 camera. I have been shooting with this camera for a year and had no problems with it until yesterday. I went to insert the memory card and it would not take. I contacted Sony and advised them of this situation and they totally ignored me. I tried to re contact them and after hours of phone conversations, I was informed that it would cost me nearly $200.00 to repair. Sony does not stand behind their product and I think this will be the last thing I purchase from that company.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

I purchased a camera Sony DSC WX7/B E32. Some problem came in functioning of Camera. Then I handed over my camera to your Service Center located in Hisar, Haryana named Kamla Enterprises on 8/10/2014. On 5/11/2014, I received a call from service center that your camera has been repaired. Then I visited the centre on same day and camera was not repaired and lens were also not working properly because pictures were not clear. I did not receive camera from them and they retained it from repairing it again. Then the service center allotted me a new job number on next day. I got a call from centre on 1st December that "Your camera has been repaired." But when I went I realized that it had not been repaired and physical condition was also not proper.

Now I can’t accept that camera because it is not repaired in 2 months. And now I only want replacement as it is under warranty when I gave it for repairing. I have talked many times with customer care representatives and mailed many times. I did not get satisfactory response from you till now. So you are requested to resolve the matter as soon as possible as two months have already passed and replace the camera.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I have been trying to get address to get the camera replace under the warranty but they send me an auto email only and no one does a follow up email as the auto email says. This is a very $$ camera and lens so I would like it to work. The camera will not even take a pix without trying for minutes with the poor quality or over exposed or under exposed. Tried to contacted them for 6 months now. This is the worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 10, 2014

Sony a65 LED Screen Problem - My husband bought me this camera for Mother's Day two years ago. After about a year, I started to notice that the LED screen was looking blemished. (Just like the other photos on here) I always wiped/cleaned it off with those special cloths for eye glasses. I took it to Rockbrook Camera shop here in Omaha to ask what they thought the problem may be. They cleaned it and said that I may want to call Sony about it. That night, I called Sony and they told me that since it was almost two years old (at that time) and out of warranty, that I'd have to send it in and pay for the repairs out of pocket. I was quoted $250! Everything else on the camera works fine. It's just frustrating to use the screen. We paid a lot of money for this camera and I feel that Sony isn't standing behind their product.

Original review: June 5, 2014

Model: Sony DSC-RX100 E32 80809110, Serial no: 5268886. My camera Sony RX100 gets a strange problem where the lens gets stuck open and does not close. First it happened in March. Job no: **. Solution was realigned lens unit, updated the software. It again happened last week. Job no: **. While handing over to the service center I told that this is an expensive camera (cost me 35k). I do not want patch work for repetitive problem where there is clear problem in lens unit. Also, I cannot skip office to get it. I have to take half day off to drop it and half day off to pick it up. While going to collect it, I was surprised to see again they did the same thing - realigned and updated software. Pathetic service center who are so confused people on their reply to this problem. I don't think this will happen anywhere else. Such an expensive camera and not working every 2 months.

Please help me with this and get this faulty camera replaced as I do not have time to visit service center and also it is long travel for me to reach there. Got a call from service head. Doubt it was service head as this person didn't know proper English. His question is how can you predict that this will happen again. I had got the same question when it happened first time as well. He says this is common in camera. If some problem recurs for 2 times in 2 months’ time, there is definitely problem in the camera. Common sense dude. Try to keep patching the camera till it is out of warranty. Good strategy to save money. And it is India right - anything works.

Original review: April 23, 2014

I purchased this camera a few months. I've only used it no more than 4 occasions. Well, 2 days ago, I decided to upload pictures onto my laptop. I noticed the camera was ON but the screen had stopped working. The display only appeared in the cameras viewfinder. The only way for the display screen to work was with the FINDER/LCD. Luckily, I was able to exchange it since other users have had similar issues with this particular camera.

Original review: April 21, 2014

I purchased a Sony digital camera from model no-dsc-s750 e37 from Angul, Orissa, India with job sheet no. **. I lodge a complaint in Sony customer care on my complaint registered mobile no. **. I visit Rajpath Sony authorized service center on 21.02.2014 and I am not satisfied with their behavior and delivery. Till now there is no response from anyone in spite of repeated request. Mr Rajpath Sony service center, Bapuji Nagar DID not turn up for repair. I don't want to waste my precious time. Finally which I will file a case under consumer protection act.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2013

I had two of these SONY TS-20 Bloggies that failed. One was repaired under warranty in Laredo, Texas but they stole my original box and case and strap. When I complained, they told me it was being "recycled". The second Bloggie I was told suffered from "corrosion" and could not be repaired - isn't that special??? Many others have heard the same phony response from Sony's Laredo repair facility.

The most important thing I WISH TO STATE - Is that Sony repairs are a crap shoot and yes, they cannot be trusted with any accessories, or original receipts. PLUS THIS IMPORTANT FACT: USE A CREDIT CARD!!!! ALL KNOWN VISA and MASTERCARD, credit cards extend or DOUBLE your warranty period, I think AMERICAN EXPRESS also does the same thing. It doesn't matter if your VISA, MASTERCARD, or AMERICAN EXPRESS card was issued by The Bank of America, eBay, or Friends of Wildlife.

So if Sony screws you over (as they will!!!!), Complain, Complain, Complain (!) to your credit card company and know your facts - date purchased, where purchased, make and model number, etc. You may just get a credit for part, or in full, or FULL REPAIR by a third party agency, courtesy of VISA or MASTERCARD, or AMERICAN EXPRESS - the credit card company. Yes, most likely you will have to mail out the unit again, and it may take some time.

On the case of Retailers, such as: SEARS, KMART, WALMART, etc, If at first you don't get anywhere, request to speak to a SUPERVISOR, or someone whose title is 'Vice President' OF THE CREDIT CARD DIVISION. Sears has a BLUE RIBBON SERVICE, who tries to expedite problems for things bought at Sears, especially if you also used a Sears credit card.

Always be aware of limitations - like Sears 30 days exchange to replace defective electronics if you declined the 1-year / 2-year / 3-year extended warranty. MAKE YOURSELF MULTIPLE COPIES OF ALL RECEIPTS AND WARRANTY AND EXTENDED WARRANTY PAPERS. Just in case you need them one or two years later. Never throw either the item or its paperwork away! When or where a retailer says they can't do anything for you, or if you emailed the president of the Sears holding company and got no response, call all the 800 or 888 phone numbers and make a pest of yourself! Maybe they will settle with you by offering a $100 or $200 GIFT CARD, just to get you off their back.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2013

I have several Sony cameras and two TVs. My last purchase is a nightmare. After selling my NEX-5 I decided to upgrade it to the NEX-7. They had an offer for a bundle and it included 2 lenses with the NEX-7. I bought that in addition with another lens, a macro lens for which I paid $279.99. The box arrived with a missing 16 gb memory card which was supposed to be included in the bundle and missing the other macro lens. The box was placed in a brown shipping box same size as the camera bundle box. There was no space for the additional lens.

I tried to communicate with Sony via phone and email. When I called on the phone, I was waiting for 51 minutes (due to unusual high call volumes)... Finally I got someone who said they will check and email me. I also received an email saying that they checked with the warehouse and that everything seemed okay. Now they are going to check with FedEx. But FedEx delivered the only box they were given. There was no space in the box for the other lens. I am very unhappy as someone is lying and I don't want to waste about $300 on a lens I never received.

It is hard to speak with someone at Sony... very bad service. I will never ever buy anything else again. When you buy over the phone, they take your credit card number and promise to put the reward points in your account and they never do. That's another thing that I was lied about. The special was about getting 5x points and I was told by the customer service person upon ordering on the phone this camera that 'she will put that in my account'. Then I discovered I never had created a rewards account and only had a Sony store account and the camera purchase was not showing in the Sony store account. I am very disappointed and have contacted my credit card company. Today is another battle day. I will speak on the phone with my credit card company and see if they can give me my money back after initiating a dispute with Sony.

Not impressed with Sony service. They obviously have either a thief in their warehouse or someone very incompetent who marks things as packed when they are not. Or maybe they don't know how to read an order properly. I wish I never bought this camera. I don't even feel like using it now.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2013

I purchased a Cyber Shot Sony camera in January 2013. Quit working in August 2013, "frozen" in place. Sent to repair facility in Laredo with findings of "corrosion" which conveniently voided the warranty. Their solution was to return the camera or I could buy a refurbished one for $250 after paying nearly $500 for the original. Was not happy with any response from customer service. Will not purchase another Sony product.

Original review: July 22, 2013

They want to charge me $90 to repair the lens. My camera (DSC W220) fell out of my hands. Maybe does not need a new lens, but instead they tried to sell me a new one that cost the amount they were charging me for the repair. They did not give me another solution, pay $90 or buy a new one. Do you think is there another solution? Thank you.

Original review: April 15, 2013

Within a year of purchasing my Sony NEX3 camera, I experienced a problem with the anti-reflective coating coming off of the LCD screen (see attached example, not my camera though). I was fortunate enough that I returned it to Sony days before the one year warranty expired, and it was replaced free of charge and returned to me. Lo and behold, just about a year later (this past winter), I started experiencing the same exact problem. I have been battling with Sony regarding the fact that I am experiencing a problem with not only one, but two defective screens on my camera. I have had at least four conversations with two different people at Sony.

Frankly, they weren't particularly willing to work with me, nor could they answer (or I should rather say would not answer) why the camera was replaced with a second defective screen. Might I add that I am meticulous in handling my camera and clearly keep it in my camera bag when not in use. Of course, Sony wants me to pay for the repair because it is out of warranty, which was the basis for their entire argument which they kept throwing back in my face. The basis of my argument is that Sony in fact replaced my camera with a second defective screen and that this particular issue with the LCD screen de-lamination is well documented on the internet, YouTube, and a number of forums discussing this exact problem.

This problem is not only affecting my model, but also the more expensive NEX models. I repeatedly asked why Sony is not recognizing and addressing the issue (I paid well over $700 for the camera). Once again, I asked for a straightforward answer, which I never got (these guys are so hard-nosed and always have a good comeback and were not going to budge an inch!). Seeing that the CSR and I reached an impasse, the CSR suggested I return the camera to repair in order for a technician to diagnose the problem. Upon request, the CSR did provide me with shipping labels to return the camera. I shipped the camera back to the repair center in Laredo, TX about a week ago.

I just received an email from the repair center notifying me they will replace the LCD screen at a cost of $102.54 + taxes. Really? Why would I be so stupid to have the repair work done and risk having the screen go bad a third time. I also asked the Sony CSR that if I paid to have the screen replaced, can he guarantee me 100% that this won't happen a third time? I was told no. Sony cannot make a guarantee like that. There is obviously some type of materials issue with the LCD screen, and Sony simply doesn't care - plain and simple. I am extremely dissatisfied with the handling of this problem by Sony, and after repeatedly asking to be elevated to a higher tier to voice my complaints, the CSR would not do so. What the heck? Do these people get bonuses from Sony for being uncooperative?

Finally, out of desperation, I asked if they would simply send me the LCD screen, and I would be responsible for having it replaced at my expense. The answer was a flat out, “No, ma’am. I can’t do that.” Go figure! At this point, I am simply going to ask the repair center to return my camera without benefit of repair and obviously deal with the continuous deterioration of the screen. The bottom line - yes, Sony, you won. Even when you never had any intention of satisfactorily resolving my problem to begin with! Way to go, Sony!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2013

I bought a new Sony DSC-HX100 camera from Sony. After a few months of usage, I realized a defect in pictures and found the cause to be a spec inside of the lens visible from the outside. This spec was clearly trapped there during manufacturing. I contacted Sony online and after spending lots of time with them, they said to send it back to them and pay service fee plus shipping. I explained that it was clear that I was sent a defective camera, but they said still I had to pay these upfront costs. This was my 6th Sony camera I bought, and my last - at least online. How can you trust a camera you'll receive online if you are responsible for defects they send you?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2012

I purchased a Sony Cybershot camera from Best Buy. The camera was back ordered so it was shipped to me. The adapter was missing. I contacted Sony and they told me that I would need to buy a new one because they don't replace missing parts. How unbelievable is it that a customer buys a product, it gets shipped with missing parts, and the company will not honor a replacement! I will never purchase another Sony product again and I will use social media to alert thousands of others not to buy from such a dishonest company.

Original review: July 21, 2012

In December 2011, I bought a Sony A65 camera as a Christmas present to myself. I purchased this camera through Wolfe’s Camera in Dallas, Texas. Unfortunately, neither Sony nor their customer service has performed well. I first had to call and have the camera replaced after only owning the camera for four months. The first issue was rather simple and had to do with having the camera being cleaned. It was causing spots to appear on my photos. However, I was told by a camera dealer that Sony has not released the rights for other camera companies to do any repairs. This forces a person to have no choice but to send their camera off to be repaired. As I have explained to Sony, I cannot afford to be without my equipment for extended amounts of time as I am a photographer by trade.

With my first incident, Sony was a bit more helpful and did indeed get a camera to me in time for a wedding shoot I had scheduled. It is only 3 months later and now I have a serious issue with my LCD screen. I again tried to have it replaced through a local company, but I was told it was impossible. I called and spoke with Sony, explaining to them the issues. I told Sony I was flying to Germany in 5 days and did not have the time to mail off my camera and wait for a repair. I asked be able to just do an exchange at a local Sony dealer. I was told I could not do that. I asked if I could just return the camera and repurchase a new one. I again was told I could not do that. At this point, I am so unhappy with Sony I don’t think I will continue purchasing their products.

Although I have two Sony cameras and 5 lenses, along with many other Sony accessories, I now know my loyalty to Sony is foolish. I am disappointed because I really expected Sony to help me out, but that was not the case. Do not get me wrong, they did offer to pay for the shipping cost to send the camera to them, but again that will do me no good as I do not have that amount of time to work with. I have always trusted that if a product didn’t work to its potential, a company would stand by its product and do all it could to make its customer happy. This is not the case with Sony.

Original review: July 4, 2012

I purchased a Sony Handycam top end touch screen model a couple of years back. A month back, I noticed the photo clarity was blurred. I gave the camera to the authorized dealer in Dubai for Sony Jumbo electronics. They said the repair would cost me 800 Dirhams with which I could buy a new camera like Canon or Nikon of better make. With this bitter experience, I decided I will never buy a Sony product in my life. Very poor after sales service from Sony! And your parts are so expensive that you could buy a new camera!

Original review: May 21, 2012

My cam memory card is not working, but it will work with the computer and other cameras and it is in the warranty period of 5 years as written on box but shopkeeper says they will not replace it, "you have to purchase new."

Original review: April 18, 2012

I bought my daughter a pretty pink Sony Vaio laptop for Christmas 2011 and her laptop only lasted four months. Currently, it is under manufacturer's warranty and I bought an additional two-year warranty. I called the Sony tech on 4/2/2012 and until now, 4/17/2012. I called complaining numerous times about the laptop was blinking on and off and they had us troubleshooting from home for hours and said they could not do anything else. They wanted me to mail it to the mainland and that it was going to take three weeks to receive my laptop back. I explained that we are in Hawaii and that my daughter needs her computer for college. The troubleshooting that they called themselves doing was a waste of time. They said it was the hard drive and were going to send a tech out to my home.

He finally came on 4/17/202, installed the new hard drive and one recovery disc and left and said he had another appointment to go. There were seven discs all together. When we installed the 6th disc for the second time, the computer would shut down or freeze up. Then I called the tech back that came out to my home. He said his job was to install the new hard drive and for me to contact Sony techs again. At this time, I was hot! I called Sony techs and again they did the troubleshooting. Now they said disc 6 was defective and then they were going to switch me over to another tech to order a new disc 6. I was placed on hold for over an hour. The recording kept saying they had high volumes of calls. Finally, I hung up and was very dissatisfied with a defective laptop. I had asked if they could replace it or refund me back my money and still they want to keep switching me to service techs. I even complained to their customer relations twice with no results. How can I get my refund back?

Original review: April 12, 2012

On or about November and December 2010, I contacted Sears at Landmark Mall to address an issue with my digital camera that I purchased at that store on April 12, 2010. Sears refused to take my digital camera for repair, alleging that the 30 days warranty had expired. They suggested I send the camera to Sony for repairs. I sent the camera to Sony for repairs with the original receipt as required. They contacted me asking to send copy of the receipt; otherwise, they would not perform the repairs. Sony began a series of accusation that I intentionally damaged the lens of the camera, which is not true. The lens of the camera stopped working and the camera was not damaged by me or anyone else.

Sony’s customer service department made me so mad that I need to yell at them in order to prevent having a heart attack. I am having so much stress as a result of Sony's conduct towards and against me. Sony returned the camera to me, alleging that they will not repair the camera in spite of the fact that Robert told me over the telephone that the camera would be repaired. His fax number is **. I spoke with Robert on 12/13/12, in which day he promised the camera was going to be repaired. But he lied: he returned the camera without fixing it.

On February 29, 2012, I went to Sears at Landmark Mall and asked them to help me have the camera fixed. They did not. In fact, the manager of Sears yelled at me and alleged that I stepped onto the camera and that's how the camera lens was not functioning. At the same day, I visited Landmark Mall management office and placed a complaint at that office, hoping they would intermediate on my behalf, but apparently they have not.

On March 20 and 21, 2012, I called Sears and spoke with ** the store manager who agreed I drop my camera at Sears for them to send to Sony for repairs. On March 22, 2012, I dropped the camera at Sears in Landmark Mall, but I have not heard anything from either Sears or Sony. I wanted my camera back and repaired because my camera is under the one-year manufacturer warranty and for the fact that the camera is poorly designed causing the lens to stop zooming in and out. I as a consumer should not be blamed for a bad product. I plead that Consumer Affairs intervene on my behalf about my digital camera and have Sony either repair it or exchange the camera for another of the same value. I paid about $214,00 for the camera. Any question(s) that this complaint may require, please contact Lenir at ** or email **. Thank you very much for your time and assistance regarding this inquiry.

Original review: March 27, 2012

Complaint on a Sony Digital Camera purchased on 14/12/2010. Product and purchase information: Model DSC W350 Cyber Shot, serial no. 5716145, valid up to 3 years from date of purchase - up to Jan 2014. I bought it from Spectra Vision ,9-Janapath, Bapuji Nagar, Bhubaneswar-9, Odisha for Rs 9326.92 plus VAT amount of Rs 373.08, with a total amount of Rs 9700.00. Information on defects found with the camera:

Date of complaint: 31/12/2010, Defect: No flash. The job was provided to M.M.Electronics, Bhubaneswar through the dealer (Spectra Vision). It was delivered after one month (approximately).

Date of complaint: 09/02/2011, Defect: Click button not working, video recording sound problem, focus automatically indicates on LCD screen. The job was provided to Rajpath Service Center, Bapuji Nagar, Bhubaneswar through the dealer (Spectra Vision). Date of delivery was on 05/03/2011.

Date of complaint: 05/11/2011, Defect: Black spot coming on the LCD. The job was provided to Happy Care Service, N-4/243, Bhubaneswar through the dealer (Spectra Vision). It was prepared by the Happy Service Center, Bhubaneswar on 09/11/2011 to deliver the camera, but it could not be delivered due to some other problems noticed by them at the time of trial. The camera is now with them.

Please replace it immediately with some other model that fits to the cost or reasonably higher as I am not in the position to retain such defective camera at any condition, which is showing many problems time and again.

Original review: March 23, 2012

Hello, I have bought my Sony DSC H70 camera, but all the writings on the screen are blinking. I have taken it to the local service center (in Kolkata), but they don't agree that this is a problem!

Original review: March 21, 2012

In June 2011, my Sony a550 DSLR broke down for the first time with a camera error in the viewfinder. It was sent to Precision Camera in Enfield, CT for repair on June 8, 2011 (1st) claim # **. I received my camera back repaired at the end of June in good working condition and the problem was diagnosed as a main flex circuit and CPU failure. On October 6, 2011, my camera broke down a second time and was sent to Precision Camera once again for the same problem and issued a (2nd) claim # **. I asked and was told by the warranty rep of Service Net that the camera would have to break for the same problem four times before it is replaced. The camera was received by their facility on October 11, 2011, repaired and sent back to me on October 17, 2011 in good working condition.

On December 12, 2011, my camera broke down a third time and I called Service Net to inquire for repair shipment to Precision Camera for a camera error. I called about the warranty replacement policy and was told the camera repair claim # would fall under the 2nd claim # issued since the failure was within 90 days of the last repair. I was also told this wouldn't disqualify me for replacement of the camera after four consistent repairs for the same issue. I sent the camera to Precision Camera December 14, 2011 for repairs.

I received the camera back in good working condition on January 3, 2012. I experienced the camera error once again for the 4th time on January 5, 2012. I was told by Service Net that I would not be eligible for a camera replacement due to the camera malfunctioning a 3rd time within 90 days of the 2nd claim # **. It has to be four separate claim #s for the same problem. I sent this explanation to Precision Camera for consideration to Sony on replacing my camera after four repeated camera error failures main flex circuit and CPU in the past six months. I was told that as long as the parts are available, they will keep fixing the camera and not replace it.

I just received the camera back from your facility on 3 January 2012 and experienced the same camera error malfunction when I first used it two days later at a sporting event. This is the 4th time in six months and the 3rd time in just a little over 60 days under the same claim number. Upon receiving the supplied packaging material from Precision Camera for shipment to them, I went ahead and shipped my camera out for repair January 9, 2012. According to Precision Cameras web link repair status, my camera was received on January 17, 2012 and in repair on January 18, 2012.

I received a call after January 18th stating that my camera was unrepairable and Sony would contact me within a few days for replacement. I spoke with Dominique from Service Net on January 26, 2012 to find out when I would be notified about my options for replacement. He contacted Vanessa at Precision Camera to get more information on this, he had no record that the camera was to be replaced. I was told that there was no documentation stating that the camera would be replaced and that it's still in-work for repair. I spoke to LaKeisha on January 31st, who is upper management of Service Net to file a complaint with Precision Camera after contacting them first requesting an updated status of my camera in repair since January 18, 2012. I mentioned that the web link status of repair has not been updated and they told me that they don't update the site as often as they should. LaKeisha went ahead and contacted Precision Camera and was told that my camera was awaiting parts due to arrive on February 3, 2012.

I contacted Precision Camera on February 14, 2012 after checking the web link for an update and confirmed that the status was still camera still in-work. I spoke with upper management of Precision Camera (Robyn) on February 20th about the status of my camera as once again the web link of repair status was still not updated since January 18th. She said that she will send an e-mail to the service tech and get back to me the next day, February 21st. Robyn called me back on February 21st, told me that the parts were received on February 9th and the camera repair would be completed and shipped out Saturday, February 25th processed with a priority shipment status to my residence to arrive February 28th. I spoke with Cynthia of Precision Camera on February 29th as to the status of my camera since the web link still has not been updated since January 18th and she could not tell me anything and would get back to me within 24 hours.

I received a call from Cynthia of Precision Camera on March 1st stating that they were awaiting shipment approval from Service Net to authorize shipment back to my residence although it was documented that the camera was supposed to be shipped out from their facility five days earlier on February 25th. I asked to speak with the supervisor on duty (Sharon) of Precision Camera and she was unable to contact me as her computer was having internet problems. Sharon was supposed to call me back by the end of their business day and that never happened.

My camera is on hold for some reason and Precision Camera cannot give me a correct status of whether it has been repaired or not. The technicians are not documenting what they have done to the camera since it went into repair status January 18, 2012. Precision Camera states on their website that they will repair your camera within 7-10 business days. I can understand delays like waiting for parts, but come on, it's been six weeks now and no one can give me a correct answer as to the status of repair. The left hand obviously doesn't communicate with the right hand or vice versa!

I finally received my camera back from Precision Camera Repair on March 6, 2012 and the camera is not functioning correctly as it did prior to the 4th malfunction. After contacting Service Net Immediately after the malfunction, I was told by them that the supervisor would contact me within 24 hours. The retail price for the camera on my extended warranty is $1001. I will only receive $588 since I can't produce a valid receipt. Sony doesn't have an equivalent model to replace my existing camera and I have no other options available except for the $588 cash out if I cannot come up with the receipt. I don't have the receipt but I do have a shipping invoice with the cost of $794.91 written on it. I sent my camera out for a 2nd opinion with a local repair facility and was told that my camera is non-repairable. The Sony warranted facility never stated that my camera was non-repairable and sent it back to me as supposedly being repaired of which it didn't function correctly.

Original review: March 14, 2012

I am a user of Sony NEX VG-10 camcorder. My NEX VG-10 is now not focusing well; it takes a long time to focus whether it is set on manual or auto focusing. I started using it in less than a year now. Why? I want to know the main duty of NEX VG-10. Why is it not good for one shooting on top of a high speeding car with the camera outside on a high wind?

Sony Cameras Company Information