Samsung Cameras
  • 1 star
Based on 10 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Samsung Cameras

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 18, 2017

21 Samsung Cameras Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I have the NX 1000. It is small and easy to use for someone with small hands. It is mirrorless, digital with all the bells and whistles for a small price. Wonderful choice for beginners. I have now loaned it to my grandson to learn photography on.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

This camera is multi functional and high quality. The pictures are vivid and rotates almost at 360 degrees. The settings are multiple and easily accessible. However when pictures are taken of other pictures or screen shots the pictures has a glare and are low quality.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I took some pictures of my granddaughter yesterday showing her pig at the Tulare Fair and you can't even tell that it is her. It takes terrible pictures. I had so much trouble with this phone and just days after I had it paid off it went crazy. They did give me one to replace it at no cost. If I knew what the quality of this phone was I would never have bought it in the first place. I do not even know why they put it on the phone.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

It's easy to use. Pictures come out great, even if I'm not trying that hard. Its quick shot is my fav. feature, and it's very accurate with color. The quick camera app makes it very easy for immediate access. Holds a lot of perfect memories. I love it! I couldn't live without it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

The only thing I hate about the cell phone Galaxy 5 camera is the delay that occurs when I want to take a pic. I love how I can touch anywhere on the screen to take the pic though. The value and image quality are good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I bought Samsung because I thought it was better quality! I do not like the camera. The camera takes horrible pictures, the pictures are not clear and I am greatly disappointed with the quality of the camera! I thought I would really be happy with their products but I am not.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

This camera is an affordable price and is amazing at taking pictures. The pictures will make you feel like you are sitting right in them. Best choice and easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The camera does everything I will ever need. The quality is excellent. Perfect for my needs. The only problem I have is manipulating the controls quickly. Also, the phone it rides in is a bit expensive.

Original review: March 29, 2015

I purchased a camera almost 2 years ago. I have almost all Samsung products, which I think this episode will change. In any event I bought this WB800f so when we were in Europe I could send my pictures each day to SkyDrive and thus have all of my picture in case I lost the camera or had it stolen. We are leaving for Europe again in ten days and now I made my camera useless due to a firmware upgrade you suggested I do. To make matters worse I had one of your reps tell me I could send it in but there would be a CHARGE and couldnt guarantee getting it back in time for my trip.

Three days ago ERC told me they would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. Well they called yesterday and I missed the call at 11:37 AM. I called them back and after going through the whole info getting process they connected me back to ERC troubleshooting. After about 10 minutes they said they would call me back in 2-4 hours with a solution. Well that was yesterday around 12:45, and I'm still waiting a day later. I have been given 5 ticket numbers. Hard to believe how incompetent they are. I have had at least 5 promises of a call back and none yet. I finally gave up and got an email address for the Office of the President in NJ. I sent the above letter to Officeofthepresident@sea.samsung.com and got a response that they were very sorry, but no solution yet.

All of my electronics are by Samsung, and that will end. I believe they want people to use their cloud service called Allshare. The problem is, I finally tried to sign on to it so when in Europe I would at least have the ability to store my pictures. I went online to sign up and after filling out the entire form, I got a message that said you cant sign on with Mac OS. I guess I'll just have to buy all Apple products so I can avoid this in the future.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2011

My Samsung camera (model-l201) after taking 40-50 photos, the lens jammed outside, and the back side of the camera became hot. There was also a buzzing sound from the inside of the camera. This all happened for the second time in three years. I took the camera to the service center (once in warranty period), and from the last six months, this problem recurred. I gave the camera to the nearest Samsung service center, nearly two months back (15 June 2011). Even to this today they have not informed me what the cost of the repair is. They did not inform me if the camera can be repaired or not. I am not satisfied with their service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2011

My camera, model PL81, became jammed with the lens in the 'out' position after less than two weeks. Samsung requests that camera be sent to DK Opto for examination, who states that camera has 'accidental damage'. I emphasized that this camera was used normally and that no damage occurred, accidental or otherwise.

All communication with Samsung customer service is fruitless. They say they cannot override or question the assessment of DK Opto. It is impossible to get through to DK Opto. Bill for repair is 49.20 GBP (approximately 75% of initial purchase cost).

I am a very, very unhappy customer.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2011

I had purchased a Samsung digital camera [ Model NV 100 HD ], in August 2009. In December 2010, the battery, after using it to click about 30 pictures, I found the back cover becoming hot and the camera stopped working. I took it to the service center and was told that the battery had conked off and also the circuit board inside had become faulty. I was asked to pay about 100 US$ for the repairs.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2010

I called Samsung customer service and told Nick that my camera had been run over by a car and I needed to get it fixed and how do I do that. He said to mail it to them and gave me the transaction number, address, etc. and told me to mail it without accessories to them and they would either "fix it or would replace it with a reconditioned one." He said it would cost $50 to fix it or get a reconditioned one or it would cost more for an upgraded one. I told him I did not want to upgrade, $50 was okay to fix it or get a reconditioned one.

Next, I get an email saying that I would have it back in 5 days. I waited two weeks, still no camera. I emailed Samsung several times, finally got a call and they said they would not fix it due to physical damage. I told them I told Nick it had been run over by a car, he knew that and still told me to mail it in. I spoke with Jarvis, supervisor and he would not help me. I got the name of the corporate office of Samsung and told Jarvis that I was very unhappy and was going to file a complaint. Several times, I was called by Dena and she said they could not help me. I went through the whole thing again with her to no avail.

Samsung should train their personnel to know their products and not mislead their customers. Now I am without a camera, I am out $50 and I am out the shipping and handling and insurance I spent to mail it to Samsung.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2010

I bought Samsung HZ50W 14 MP Wide Angle Lens Digital Camera from Amazon.com (Seller: **) on August 13, 2010. On August 24, 2010, the camera stopped working. The pictures taken are just pixels with red and white lines. Videos are okay. On a bright day, the view itself is fuzzy.

The camera worked well for 10 days while I was in USA. I took it to India trip and on August 24 2010, the pictures were bad. The camera was handled very well as if it was my new baby. It was never dropped nor had any water damage.

I bought this camera especially for my India trip and the camera was of no use for me throughout the trip. I hate the camera now. If a company cannot make reliable cameras, they should stop manufacturing it. I wanted to return it to the seller but I was in India so I could not return it within 15 days. Now after returning back to USA, I sent it to service and they gave me a track number which I cannot see in Samsung service database! I don't know how reliable it is after the fix. I would rather have refund than a new camera or get it fixed. Otherwise, at least I need a 3-year warranty.

Original review: April 1, 2010

I am a student and it was my dream to buy a digital camera. I started to save few money from my pocket money. Finally I collected enough money. I bought a Samsung digital camera model-ES15 with belief and hope that it will work properly for a long time. I bought it on 25-10-2009 from Saravana stores (tex) Ranganathan Street T-Nagar, Chennai-600017.

It was a very good camera with high quality pictures.initially it worked very well for 2 months, after that, I kept it in the cupboard. It remained there for 2 months, and after 2 months when I took out the camera, I saw some ants coming from the tiny holes of the camera. I removed all the ants but some dead ants remained in the flash. After that also it worked well for few days, but one day it suddenly switched off and none of the buttons(switches) were working. The device gets automatically switched on and off when the batteries are inserted. Later on I went to the Samsung Service Centre at Mylapore (Chennai).

There I was told that the camera circuit (worth Rs.3860 nearly) is damaged, and the damage does not cover the warranty conditions because it was damaged by insects. The camera is working but it's not functioning properly. It gets automatically on when batteries are inserted. I just want to tell you that it is a modern era of waterproof appliances and your expensive products design are not supposed to be damaged even by small insects.

The problem which occurred was completely unpredictable and for that, no one is completely responsible so I request you to provide me some compensation regarding this problem so that I can get it repaired and use it again. For this I will be very much thankful to you. Waiting for your positive quick response.

Original review: March 25, 2010

I bought a Samsung Camera TL225 in October '09. Roughly after five months after its last use, the lenses got stuck and do not retract when it was the camera that was switched off. I called Samsung to notify the issue and Samsung asked me to send the camera for warranty repair. A few days later after the shipment, Samsung sent me email explaining the camera had physical damage and require out of warranty fee to repair it. First of all, my camera was flawless, no crack whatsoever on the screen or frame/lenses. Secondly, the other functionality of the camera works 100%. I can view the pics I took on the play mode, use the touch screen for getting around, change the setting, etc.

Shouldn't a camera that has been dropped (according to them) cannot do any of these as well? Anyway, I called them and was transferred to the Executive customer relation. I got the same reply, absolutely no new information other than what I read on the email. Truly a disappointing company/product to deal with. I have had a Canon camera prior to this for five years. It was in warranty service as well during its first 11 months of ownership - repaired fast, no questions asked. If anyone has similar experiences/suggestions on how to pursue this, I would be very appreciative. I am still undecided whether to fix the camera or not, since it would cost 40% of the camera brand new retail cost.

Original review: March 14, 2010

I purchased a Samsung digital camera may of 2008. I only use the camera four times prior to this incident. So while I was in Jamaica, I was taking pictures and they were coming out fine, then I changed the setting to backlight and took around four pictures, then cut the camera went off. Twenty minutes later, when I turned the camera on, it was a bright light and a quarter size black spot on the camera screen. The camera would take a picture but you couldn’t see it on the screen.

I call the company and they want me to pay $69.00 because the warranty expired. I say the camera has a defect because I also burned my thumb when I touched that black spot. I never dropped the camera, hit it against anything or caused any water damage. I looked online and I think they pulled the cameras off the market due to malfunctioning. So they suppose to send me my camera back. Can you please help me get a new camera or some of my money back?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2009

In August 2009, I purchased 2 Samsung cameras from the Walmart in Rockwall, Texas for Christmas presents. My daughter had a baby in October so I gave her Samsung L74 Wide as an early Christmas gift. It worked great for three days and it was just placed on the mantle. The next day, when we tried to turn it on, it just quit. When we tried to charge the battery, the red light turned from red to orange and flashed - indicating an error. I ordered a new battery from Samsung but it did not fix the problem. This camera was used for less than a week and stopped working. It was not dropped or abused in any way. I still have my receipt which shows that I paid $99.90 for this camera. I contacted Walmart and they told me to contact the manufacturer. What can you do for me? Do I need to send the camera to you to look at? Please let me know what I should do. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2009

I purchased a Samsung S730 camera new. Within two months, it stopped working. I returned it and it was repaired and returned to me. Seven months later, it stopped working again. I returned it and received a letter stating that the camera had "severe liquid or impact damage" and couldn't be repaired. This is false. The camera was never dropped or exposed to liquid. I lost the value of the use of a $200 camera because Samsung does not stand behind their shoddy products.

Original review: March 5, 2009
Original review: May 30, 2008

Bought a Digimax S500 camera 1/3/07. Have the original reciept. Camera started malfunctioning after 4th month! Shutter would not open/close. Also would turn on and turn right back off with a few annoying beeps.

While still under warranty I called and had to pay to ship it to the service center. It took about 1-1/2 weeks for the repair. I received a letter from the President Yoon Park stating how sorry they were and if I had any more problems don't hesitate to contact them again.

Well ofcourse it worked for awhile but after that, i just didn't need to use it so I had it in the box.I just left it alone until it was time for my granddaughters'prom. I thought about my camera but by then the warranty had expired 1-0! I knew i was probably screwed! I called Samsung anyway and the rep. told me that they didn't even have a previous record of me sending it in for the first repair and ofcourse I have the letter from the president with no date. She then said, even so, after that repair there was only a 6mos.warranty period. I would now have to send it to the service center and pay $58.75 plus s/h! I used to love samsung but I will NEVER buy another Samsung product!

Samsung Computers and Monitors expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Samsung is a South Korean multinational corporation that manufactures and sells electronics worldwide.

• Galaxy K zoom: The Samsung Galaxy K zoom is a smartphone for photography enthusiasts. The device is a thin, compact smartphone outfitted with a zoom lens for quality photos without the need for accessories to fit on the phone.

• NX mini with 9mm lens: The NX mini is an ultra-slim camera designed for maximum portability and easy use. The view screen flips up toward the front of the camera, making it perfect for selfies.

• Touch transfer: Some Samsung cameras are equipped with the Galaxy touch transfer feature. The user only needs to touch their Galaxy to their cameras to transfer photos from one device to the other.

• NX300: The NX300 adapts professional-quality photography capabilities for a user-friendly camera. Its hybrid user interface has both touchscreen and button control options to enhance usability.

• DRIMe V image processor: As Samsung’s fastest image processor, the DRIMe V technology available in cameras like the Samsung NX1 allows for 4K UHD video and high-definition photos under any type of lighting.

• Best for: Samsung cameras are best for consumers looking for portable casual cameras or professional cameras with high-definition capabilities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs