Polaroid Cameras
  • 1 star
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Polaroid Cameras

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 24, 2017

27 Polaroid Cameras Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My Polaroid camera is simple and perfect for one-of-a-kind memories for your own personal keepsakes. It's shareable as a gift only. One moment, one shot, frozen in time forever on something you can touch, hold, cry on, smile at, gain inspiration from.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Very good camera. Its a nice size. Good quality and image quality. I like my camera. I had it for two year now. It take beautiful picture and the picture come out nice.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

It was easy to use but lacked the quality of modern day cameras. It's simply outdated. It was useful then but not anymore. It was very shiny. Reasonably priced. The price was perfect. I had got it for my 16th birthday party. Great gift to get and give! We got it from our local Target. It was very pink and bulky. The features were poor. This was a dated camera. I believe you could zoom in but the quality of the picture would be so poor. No good features frankly. My camera was durable at best. It was big, and cases in pink pearl shell. I had dropped it many times and it still worked for a good two whole years.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

The camera captures beautiful pictures and has great clarity in amazing colors. I would recommend it to anyone. It was a very user friendly camera. I've found the camera very valuable throughout the many times of using the many Polaroid cameras over the years. It's a wonderful company. My camera has amazing features such as zoom and tuning details. I can zoom in and out with ease while focusing on one image, and then edit the picture to make it original. My Polaroid is very easy to use for anyone, even if they know nothing about cameras. My camera is very durable. It has been held and used by many people, several of which were children. My camera holds up well to being dropped, as my lens has never cracked and no exterior or interior damage.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Pictures were of perfect quality. Price was affordable! Overall just a great camera and easy to learn how to work. I loved that it something the whole family could use. Value of the camera was awesome. Definitely got my money's worth!!! The camera ended up lasting my family and I for 4 years. When we went to purchase a new camera it was of the same brand! Features were of high quality. Quality of the camera was more than what was expected and described!!! Value was so great we went back and purchased a second one for my 17 year old son for yearbook class. It was overall durable! However if it was dropped even on carpet it did mess with the camera a bit but overall the quality was great and lasted for years for my family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaroid?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

It printed instantly. Good quality. The picture came out nice and I would take a picture with a Polaroid camera again. I am going to Instagram the picture I took because it was so cute. It was a good value for the price paid. It was not technically my camera but the girl who let me use it told me how much it was. The picture came out great for the price that was paid. There weren't very many features. The picture we took had no features. You just pressed the button and the picture appeared moments later. Regardless, the picture was still nice and I don't think having features would have affected it much. While I was using it, it did not break, however it did run out of film which the owner was not too thrilled about. I think in general the durability is good.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Has a good flash and takes pretty good quality pictures. It was recommended to me by a professional photographer who uses it too. I would recommend it to all my friends who love to take pictures. I got a pretty good deal on it for the price I paid. As good as the quality photos that it takes, no one would believe that I paid as little as I did for it. It is a really amazing deal. It has really good flash, saves your pictures on an sd card, has panoramic view, square view, and selfie mode. Also zooms in really well. It is waterproof, dust proof, and drop proof. I have dropped it many times because, let's face it, I'm very clumsy and it still works great!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Film doesn't last long - I found some "twisted" film but they make the photos come out all faded. It may seem a bit dated but it gives the pics a decent effect. It still works after 20 years, hard to find working film. I wish it was simple to find new film... I also wish that I knew that the film contained the batteries, I lost lots of time trying to "fix" my camera. Doesn't really have any features per se... Maybe the flash included? I guess that's pretty nice, would be cools if the new versions were less expensive. Right now it's not even worth owning a 2015 version. I got that camera from BJ's wholesale club back in 1996 or so - I still have it but the film is the only wacky thing... Just used the film scout 9 months ago and everything ran smoothly.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Fast and easy to use. Surprisingly clear resolution and nice color contrast between light and dark. It was a bit blurry when taking a photograph of a moving object or if the camera was moving. It was not as expensive as others but it also may not work as well as the other more expensive options. I wasn't worried about it though because it could be easier to replace because of the lower price. Not many other features were used besides the point and shoot option. Again, pictures are often blurry or out of focus when moving or shooting a moving object. It seemed to be very durable throughout the entire vacation. Nothing broke, and it did not fall apart from all the use. The lens did get fogged up often because of the moisture in the air though. I'm glad we had it to capture our adventures.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I enjoyed because you got photo right then and the clarity was great. You did not have to be a pro. A child could take picture and it still come out like a professional took. I wish they had more Polaroids again instead of these new pics or use your phone to take pictures. Things have changed. Everything is new and modern. The value back when they were popular was great because at least you got the picture then and nowadays it's even hard to have pictures developed. No one does that anymore and everything on a memory card and some places are expensive. Its features included insert the film and begin taking photo and then it just popped out... unless you needed a flash and then it took a cube of flashers. Very unique but the features were simple and easy to use. They lasted a while and were very sturdy and not breakable. You could drop it and not have to worry about it being broke and children could use.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

It's a great camera. I took several pictures and the quality and color were amazing. When I uploaded all the pictures they were crisp and clear and had no issues. I paid 300$ for the camera and it was worth every penny. I've used cameras in the 1000 dollar range and they don't even compare. I've made back my money with this camera in less than a month. The features were good however I have seen better but the pictures on auto were just great. I didn't have to adjust much or play with options and it gave me quality. It's a sturdy heavy duty camera. I actually dropped it a few times, lol the camera had a few scratches but that's about it. I am rough and tough with all my equipment and it held up fine.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

It's perfect. Graphic amazing and there is no smugly looking and pictures comes out very perfect. Really recommend to everyone to try it out because my friends and families enjoy using it as well. It has a unique texture to it. You can see photos very clear and there is no color smug on it. Very clear and it is picture perfect. I really love it. I really recommend for everyone to try it out because I'm really in love and satisfy with my camera. I love it so much so you should try it out as well. Guaranteed your picture will be perfect. It's really good and I love it so much. The durability is absolutely amazed me. My friends and families tried it out and they really love it as well.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

The camera was a very useful item. We could take it on our vacation this past summer to Lake Erie in Erie Pa. We took a lot of pics with it. It was a good value. We got it on clearance at our local Walmart. We really liked a lot of the cameras wonderful features. The features came in handy on our vacation trip to Lake Erie this summer. It worked very well. The durability of our new camera was put to the test on our vacation by our Autistic Daughter. She is very rough with everything.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

It is actually a really good camera, it performs very l, and it is not that expensive. I would really recommend this Polaroid camera to everyone I know because it is really good and like I said is not expensive.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Simple and basic functions. Pictures taken was good but not in comparison to my iPhone which is why it's ok. Over time quality of pictures just wasn't bright and battery wore out faster. Got it on sale for 70 bucks which I thought it was a decent price compared to its original price of 120. Didn't have much features and was pretty basic so pricing was ok. It was simple and easy to use. Anyone could use it and figure out how to take photos or adjust it. Basic buttons only had the power button, photo button and zooming button. Owned for 5 years now and it's still working and taking pictures fine. Have few scratches here and there. Dropped it plenty of times and still works fine.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Great quality and picture resolution and great thing that it zooms no matter how much I need clear pic. It's durable and fast taking on pictures. It is bright in color. Is big enough to hold but small enough to store away. It is the best thing to use. The features let me reduce eye redness and it lets me crop and do color effects. It has never ending options about the editing of pictures. Be a photographer a breeze. Dropped it four times and failed to crack paint or chip anything at all. It didn't crack the screen or anything at all. It was still intact. And really worked great.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

It was very easy to use. The auto function made taking pictures very simple. Also the ability to zoom in and crop photos on the camera made it so nice when going to get printed out. We only paid 125 for it when new. It seemed like a more expensive camera with all the included features. Very simple to use. Overall very satisfied with the camera. The cropping and zoom made photo enhancing for printing very easy. The several different modes of taking pictures made nighttime low-light behind glass all better results. The camera was very dependable and durable. We weren't the most gentle with it but it held up very well. Also the color never faded from the color.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Very good performance, very clear lens and a very nice camera for anyone wanting to take great pictures of their families. Using a nice camera can make a huge difference in the picture quality that your pictures show. Very nice and expensive camera that is a very good purchase as a Gift for someone who loves to take pictures or you can purchase for yourself and you will love it just the same! Very useful when wanting to take a great picture. Using all of the filters is very useful too. Black and white is my favorite filter to use. This camera is very durable. I have 2 kids, a 1 and a 2-year-old and somehow they got a hold of it once and dropped it on the cement, but it did not break at all, just a few scratches.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Very easy to use. Sharp and clear pictures. I would recommend Polaroid to friends, family and anyone looking for a great camera at a great price. Polaroid products are available worldwide which makes use easy and convenient. When I was in the market for a new camera, picture quality and of course value were the main factors for me. In terms of value and reliability I would recommend Polaroid to any and all those looking for a great camera at an even greater price. Very useful and convenient. The size of the camera makes carry and overall working features a pleasure. No fumbling around with a bulky camera, pure and simple and most of all user friendly. The durability is exceptional. I once dropped my camera around five feet to a concrete landing. I thought all was lost and I would have to go out and buy a new camera. But to my surprise there was no major damage and the camera is still in working order today.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

When you use the camera everything that is seen through the lenses is so detailed and seems as though you aren't looking through a camera - it through your own eyes. The camera was definitely worth the price I paid for because it is so easy to use and it is very lightweight with beautiful graphics. I use it every time I go on vacation. The camera has many different features which are very easy to find and are very cool and easy to use. I am very glad that I chose this camera in particular. My camera has lasted me many years throughout my school year for yearbook and for different memories that I have kept through the years.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Great focus, easy to use, flash, and style of camera, it came with a carrying case and a backup battery. I also was able to save my pictures to a memory card which I still have to put in my other electronic devices. Great value, the carrying case was free, the memory card was also free. The battery backup was free as well, so it was definitely a great buy at the time for my kids graduations. All features were good, zoom in and out was on point, flash was excellent, and the fact that it came with a backup battery and memory card as added features helped for long outings. It was small enough to fit in my bag, armrest, glove compartment etc.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

It worked well and was durable. The camera lasted for years and the Instamatic film provided lots of instant photo fun. Polaroid is timeless and I hope they always make them. Polaroid Instamatic is a great value. The film includes the print. It's instant gratification and gives you unique photos you couldn't take with any other camera. The best feature is taking the photo and having the photo within seconds. It was also compact and easy to carry around and durable too. The camera is extremely portable and durable with a hard plastic and rubber body. Can withstand many falls.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

The camera was very sophisticated, it took nice panoramics and the quality was super nice. Loved everything about it, but it is kind of hard to screw that up nowadays. I feel I got a good value for the camera. It was right in my price range. Very affordable. Not sure what else to say about the value of the camera. It had panoramics which I like for when I go to sports stadiums or the big city. The quality is great and they turn out really well. So far I have had no issues with the camera breaking down so I would say the durability is holding up especially for the value of the camera. Durability is very good.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2009
Original review: Oct. 19, 2009
Original review: Aug. 2, 2008

Polaroid.com said to contact the above telephone for digital camera accessories for a t830 digital camera. I am trying to find a replacement battery. I have tried everywhere and cannot find one. All they could tell me is they don't have it. What good is a digital camera if you cannot find replacement batteries.

Even if they discontinue the camera you should be able to get batteries. And, if they discontinued the camera, they should let that be known before you buy the camera. I just bought this camera just about a month before and wanted a backup battery. I feel this is very poor business practice.

Just cannot use camera for a long period of time because the battery goes dead.

Original review: May 2, 2008

I purchased an I830 digital camera 11/23/07. It stopped working. I tried trouble shooting with no luck.4/22/08 or there about, I called the number on the warranty,they tried toubleshooting,no luck. They told me the camaera was manufactured in september 2007, my purchase date was november 2007, they told me I was well within warranty as the warranty for this product is 1 yr from purchase, and the camera itself was not a yr old. I was unable to locate the receipt.Otherwise I have the box and all of its content intact.When I told Frank I didn't have the receipt, he said he could not honor the warranty. The warranty clearly states proof of purchase to determine if the product is within warranty time frame.

I pointed out the fact that the product itself is not even 1 yr old, therefore any purchase before september 2008 would have to be under the warranty time frame. They gave me an address to send an appeal letter. I mailed that letter this morning 5/2/08 I then called them again this time for an address to send the camera to. they asked me if I had sent the letter, I said yes. I did not tell them I just mailed it this am. They put me on hold for awhile then told me they received my letter and it was in the review process. they told me they could not give me the address unless I had the receipt or approval by the appeal.

My concern is I know they haven't gotten the letter yet.It makes me very uncomfortable about their honesty and effort to resolve this issue. but most importantly, if the product didn't exist until september 2007, it is a no brainer that the product was purchased less than one year ago, therefore making it's warranty effective. If the purpose of the receipt is to prove the time frame for the warranty, it can't possibly be an issue at this time.

I am out over one hundred dollars, and have missed out on numerous photo opportunities

Polaroid Cameras Company Information