Panasonic Cameras

Panasonic Cameras
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Panasonic Cameras Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic Cameras?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Brought new camera from Panasonic online with extended warranty. Camera shipped shortly afterwards but it took over three months for them to tell me extended warranty through Square Trade that was part of the order never went through. Awful customer service for never contacting me beforehand about the issue until now where I can't get the warranty myself or return the camera due to their error without additional fees. Next time I wouldn't consider Panasonic again at this rate due to lack of customer support.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I was pleased with the IQ of my new ZS50 but after about two weeks there developed about a dozen very visible dust spots on the sensor or rear of the lens. The store I bought it from would not take it back and said it had to go to Panasonic for warranty service. So, I sent it to Panasonic and after 6 weeks they finally contacted me to tell me it was "customer abuse," which was not. About two weeks later they called and told me it was not repairable so they would send me a new ZS50. What I got was a refurbished ZS50 that had worse dust spots right out of the box than the one I had sent in the first time.

I called Panasonic service and they basically told me the camera had been thoroughly tested but they would repair it for $60 since, as a refurbished unit, it was no longer under warranty! My argument was that the camera I had originally purchased had a 1 year warranty so the replacement they sent me therefore also had the remainder of the original one year warranty. Panasonic stuck to their guns - no fix under warranty and a $60 charge to clean a problem they sent me. I threw the camera in the garbage. I will never again purchase a fixed lens Panasonic Lumix camera due to their unsatisfactory camera design and totally unacceptable customer service. Boo.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

At $699, the Panasonic G7 is a bargain compared to the much more expensive GH4. The G7 even has a few enhancements not found on the GH4. It is easy to use for newbies and easy access to full manual controls for more experienced users. Put it in Auto and go or switch to an assisted mode... or full manual if you like to have fun. It's 16MP and 4K with an articulated touchscreen in a comfortable body. It is durable and semi-weatherproof but still in a plastic shell. The G7 is on par with my much more expensive Nikon D610 while costing 1/3rd the price. It blows the D610 out of the water when it comes to video. Due to the smaller sensor, it is more prone to noise at higher ISO and it is harder to get super shallow depth of field.

The G7 strikes a good balance between being full featured while still being small enough to actually be able to carry it everywhere. I took it with me on my honeymoon and it performed remarkably. Easy to take pictures when in a hurry and the OIS helped me get clear pictures. The screen can be moved around in a number of ways which was helpful to take selfies with my wife and take a 'selfie video'.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I did my research to decide which brand to go for as I have always been a Canon customer. But I was not comfortable with the Canon compact cameras, so went with the Panasonic Lumix Z545. It's my go-to camera when I don't have my regular one. It's compact, has lots of functions, solid feeling and good optics. But it can be annoying at times trying to get the correct setting, especially with "fat fingers". Of course, I knew what I was getting into with a small portable camera (I am not a point and shoot person). It has too many functions packed into one area, and the details and instruction sheet are not clear. It is pretty great for what it is, but I prefer my big Canon SLR with all the lenses for specialty shots.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Panasonic Factory Service on Lumix LX100. My experience is similar in many respects to JM or Marblehead, MA posted Dec 10. Panasonic's Factory Service in McAllen, TX had repaired the dust on sensor problem when the camera was still under warranty. Roughly one year later - now out of warranty - I was willing to pay them to fix the same issue which had recurred. I didn't realize it was from dust sneaking thru the zoom lens mechanism. Yes, I, too, use the camera nearly daily though not in professional capacity and not even rough or dirty treatment.

My first communication from them stated it couldn't be repaired and used the term "customer abuse." How stupid can they be!?!? Even if it were customer abuse, any company as large as Panasonic surely should be enlightened enough to realize customer loyalty is a crucial asset. A large company once here in Rochester would sooner replace the product and take a loss, but preserve customer loyalty, rather than alienate customers by telling them they're wrong - "customer abuse," indeed - Panasonic is abusing US.

From there it just gets worse. I was offered a replacement camera for $360. I said I needed to think about that. 2 days later I called back and asked if the replacement camera included new warranty; and if I would get my dead camera back. Was told, it's now a new month, and their prices get updated, and now the cost of replacement camera was $650 - nearly the cost of the same camera new on Amazon. I told them here in New York we call that "bait and switch" and it's against the law. They promised to send my dead camera back, but weeks went by and no return.

Finally, I involved the NY State Attorney General's Office and also contacted B&H where I had bought the camera. Both were supportive, and I'm unsure which - if not both - were finally responsible for the eventual return - months later - or the reassembled camera - functions better than I was led to believe (cannot be repaired?? ), but still with the dust on sensor which they could fix once, but not a second time.

In reassembly, they clearly did no recalibration or whatever happens to get back in spec. I liked the camera. Now it's on a par with my cell phone's camera. Previous Lumix cameras had all been fine. I liked the new features on the LX100. Now, I'm shopping for anything but Panasonic with similar features and price point. How to alienate good a customer in one easy lesson. I now won't buy Panasonic anything - no audio, no household appliances. We're done.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My take home message on this product and seller is buyer beware. I bought it late October 2016 from Cameta Camera through Amazon. I wanted to test it as small lightweight camera for field use. The first day I used it, shutter jammed. I tried to return it but seller (Cameta Camera) refused; first claiming I broke the camera and then noting a 30-day refund policy had expired by two days. I tried to return this item through Amazon and was encouraged by friendly representatives to file claims/appeals but over 6 weeks, each time I ended up with same Cameta message about the 30-day policy. Cameta told me to send camera to Panasonic for repair, then I can sell it on eBay, but I resent having to become a retailer to get any money back on defective product.

Ironically I bought this product through Amazon as I was uncertain which camera was best for my field use and thought I could test a product and return it if unsatisfactory, based on previous good experiences with Amazon. But I doubt I will buy any third party item through Amazon again. Since Amazon is trying to corner so many markets with multiple sellers, it no longer is trustworthy as it seems to have no influence/control over its sellers nor willingness to stand behind the purchase for customer satisfaction. I am posting this review on Consumer Affairs because Amazon won't post it. I have posted many reviews as a buyer of Amazon products but Amazon refused to post this one. Perhaps that's why most Amazon products seem to have such positive reviews. At this point I am going to repair camera with Panasonic and sell it for about 1/3 purchase price through reputable camera resales outlet.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I love the camera because it does a great job and takes good pictures. I would not trade it for another one.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The Lumix 60x zoom DMC F270 is a low cost, excellent camera, one I use for "birding" and everyday use. Excellent memory and video capabilities. But not as sharp of focus, especially using the zoom lens, as I would like.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Dial selections kept changing by themselves. Used 1 trip and shutter froze 1/2 open. Within warranty Panasonic said (I) abused; did NOT, I have 2 VERY expensive cameras 1969 (large format Reflex Duplex) & 1972 (Sears 35mm) perfect condition.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I bought a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS50S to use on my month long vacation in Africa. I only used the camera a couple of times at my house just to familiarize with its workings. Within a week after arriving in Africa the camera stopped working. I was forced to buy a cheap pocket camera to use the rest of the trip. Upon my returning home I sent the camera back to Panasonic for repair. After not hearing anything more from them, I called them. I was told the camera had a small mark on the case that showed abuse. The repair would cost me almost $300 to fix. Now, not only am I out the $320.00 dollars that I paid for the camera, I came back from a $5000.00 dollar vacation with nothing but crappy pictures. Needless to say I will never buy any Panasonic product again.

Panasonic Cameras Company Information