3.85/5

69 Panasonic Cameras Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Panasonic Factory Service on Lumix LX100. My experience is similar in many respects to JM or Marblehead, MA posted Dec 10. Panasonic's Factory Service in McAllen, TX had repaired the dust on sensor problem when the camera was still under warranty. Roughly one year later - now out of warranty - I was willing to pay them to fix the same issue which had recurred. I didn't realize it was from dust sneaking thru the zoom lens mechanism. Yes, I, too, use the camera nearly daily though not in professional capacity and not even rough or dirty treatment.

My first communication from them stated it couldn't be repaired and used the term "customer abuse." How stupid can they be!?!? Even if it were customer abuse, any company as large as Panasonic surely should be enlightened enough to realize customer loyalty is a crucial asset. A large company once here in Rochester would sooner replace the product and take a loss, but preserve customer loyalty, rather than alienate customers by telling them they're wrong - "customer abuse," indeed - Panasonic is abusing US.

From there it just gets worse. I was offered a replacement camera for $360. I said I needed to think about that. 2 days later I called back and asked if the replacement camera included new warranty; and if I would get my dead camera back. Was told, it's now a new month, and their prices get updated, and now the cost of replacement camera was $650 - nearly the cost of the same camera new on Amazon. I told them here in New York we call that "bait and switch" and it's against the law. They promised to send my dead camera back, but weeks went by and no return.

Finally, I involved the NY State Attorney General's Office and also contacted B&H where I had bought the camera. Both were supportive, and I'm unsure which - if not both - were finally responsible for the eventual return - months later - or the reassembled camera - functions better than I was led to believe (cannot be repaired?? ), but still with the dust on sensor which they could fix once, but not a second time.

In reassembly, they clearly did no recalibration or whatever happens to get back in spec. I liked the camera. Now it's on a par with my cell phone's camera. Previous Lumix cameras had all been fine. I liked the new features on the LX100. Now, I'm shopping for anything but Panasonic with similar features and price point. How to alienate good a customer in one easy lesson. I now won't buy Panasonic anything - no audio, no household appliances. We're done.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My take home message on this product and seller is buyer beware. I bought it late October 2016 from Cameta Camera through Amazon. I wanted to test it as small lightweight camera for field use. The first day I used it, shutter jammed. I tried to return it but seller (Cameta Camera) refused; first claiming I broke the camera and then noting a 30-day refund policy had expired by two days. I tried to return this item through Amazon and was encouraged by friendly representatives to file claims/appeals but over 6 weeks, each time I ended up with same Cameta message about the 30-day policy. Cameta told me to send camera to Panasonic for repair, then I can sell it on eBay, but I resent having to become a retailer to get any money back on defective product.

Ironically I bought this product through Amazon as I was uncertain which camera was best for my field use and thought I could test a product and return it if unsatisfactory, based on previous good experiences with Amazon. But I doubt I will buy any third party item through Amazon again. Since Amazon is trying to corner so many markets with multiple sellers, it no longer is trustworthy as it seems to have no influence/control over its sellers nor willingness to stand behind the purchase for customer satisfaction. I am posting this review on Consumer Affairs because Amazon won't post it. I have posted many reviews as a buyer of Amazon products but Amazon refused to post this one. Perhaps that's why most Amazon products seem to have such positive reviews. At this point I am going to repair camera with Panasonic and sell it for about 1/3 purchase price through reputable camera resales outlet.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I love the camera because it does a great job and takes good pictures. I would not trade it for another one.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The Lumix 60x zoom DMC F270 is a low cost, excellent camera, one I use for "birding" and everyday use. Excellent memory and video capabilities. But not as sharp of focus, especially using the zoom lens, as I would like.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Dial selections kept changing by themselves. Used 1 trip and shutter froze 1/2 open. Within warranty Panasonic said (I) abused; did NOT, I have 2 VERY expensive cameras 1969 (large format Reflex Duplex) & 1972 (Sears 35mm) perfect condition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I bought a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS50S to use on my month long vacation in Africa. I only used the camera a couple of times at my house just to familiarize with its workings. Within a week after arriving in Africa the camera stopped working. I was forced to buy a cheap pocket camera to use the rest of the trip. Upon my returning home I sent the camera back to Panasonic for repair. After not hearing anything more from them, I called them. I was told the camera had a small mark on the case that showed abuse. The repair would cost me almost $300 to fix. Now, not only am I out the $320.00 dollars that I paid for the camera, I came back from a $5000.00 dollar vacation with nothing but crappy pictures. Needless to say I will never buy any Panasonic product again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

This is the Second LUMIX DMC LX100 that I've owned, first repaired due to battery issues. So I bought extended THREE YEAR WARRANTY going forward. Problem is the zoom-- on its retraction pulls in dust, which lands on the sensors causing spots. (Dozens of references on youtube etc.) Cannot remove lens like an SLR so has to go into repair. Called Panasonic and sent into repair in Texas, after charging me 10$ for the phone support--in spite of the three-year warranty--I sent in camera. Told it would take two-three months to evaluate. I complained on the corporate site and a gentleman by name of Warren called me from corporate NJ customer service and said he would look into this. He was able to get them to evaluate camera in a month.

Today I received an email from Texas Repair that claimed the camera will not be warrantied and cost $300 to fix due to wear on outside of body. WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE DUST ON CHIP IS IRRELEVANT!!! The camera has been used daily on location around the world. I am a professional photographer... Scratches and marks on the camera... This is an embarrassment to what used to be a reputable company. I called and the 'consumer line' refuses to put me through to corporate customer service. On the corporate website are over 50 executives including the US Regional Head and CEO Mr. Joseph Taylor. What is it exactly that these people do??? I am expecting the camera back and this could very well be the LAST PANASONIC PRODUCT that we use.

THE RESPONSE "We have reviewed your post, and apologize that you have not received a resolution on repairs to your camera. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to research your situation on your behalf. Can you PM us if you have additional questions and concerns." I was called by Warren from customer service and offered a compromise of splitting the cost. I would be out $150.00 plus $40 for insurance and shipping. $200 repair for a $600 camera. No way. And $9.50 to the person that answers the phone to even check on the status.

I declined and asked for a department supervisor. A Mr. ** came on the line. RUDE and COMBATIVE. They are contending that there's grass on the camera and a dent in the corner and that it looks like I abuse my equipment. Thus the warranty is invalid. I don't think so. I earn my living from photography and have nikon's 35 years old that work like a charm. IT'S A DESIGN PROBLEM COUPLED WITH POOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. See the other review with similar Panasonic Response.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

The customer service at Panasonic is abysmal and that is being generous. My camera was declined warranty service, because a small scuff on it. They said my camera was "Abused" therefore it wasn't covered. It's sad because they do actually make very good cameras. My family and friends own many Panasonic cameras, but I plan on that changing. One of the agents, literally hung up on me because they didn't want to transfer me to a supervisor.

Although after an message through Facebook I did get a call returned. The agent was friendly although the only thing offered to me was $100 off my camera repair or a new camera, which would cost around $500, so really it's not offering much. It's really too bad that a company that makes something I honestly liked and fully supported, have such horrible customer service. Hopefully in the future this will change, but for now I advise going with a brand that offers customer service that they can be proud of.

Original review: June 28, 2016

35 minutes to get through to a live person and make arrangements for a repair. I despise automated phone systems and this particular one will keep you in a loop that gets you nowhere: 1 800 211 7262. It will give you a place to mail your camera based on your zip code, but no further information on what to expect as far as what is needed to prove purchase date, repair time, tracking, charges and other decisions in general.

I needed to know what the procedure is to return a camera under warranty. I read another review on this site and the person who wrote it listed three numbers to try. A huge thank you to that reviewer. I finally got through to a person at 800-405-0652. If I need to call back she said to call the 1 800 211 7262 number, hit the prompt for, "tech support" and then hit, "camera" and you should get a live person. If you hit the prompt for, "repairs", expect to NEVER get a live voice.

I am so utterly disgusted with businesses that want to sell you their products, take your money and then never have to communicate with the consumer again. I have bought 5 (2 for gifts and 3 for myself) of these Lumix's because I do lots of nature macro photography at which they excel and love the portability of these units. I have also recommended this series to numerous other nature lovers. I won't be doing that again and will research how well Canon takes care of their customers before I buy another Panasonic camera. It is simply not OK to think you can run me around in circles and waste my very precious time!

Original review: May 19, 2016

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 in 2011. It was a replacement for my Sony digital camera which was broken after I dropped it in the water. The LX5 was recommended by a friend who also owns one. It takes really good pictures. My favorite is the "sunset" mode of the camera because I love sunsets! I am a newbie when it comes to photography so I rely heavily on the preset modes of the LX5. I understand it has manual options too but I haven't explored those features yet.

It's been 5 years since I got the camera and it is still working perfectly. I don't use it as much but every time I do, it works just fine. I also love that it has a lens cap and it's attached to the body of the camera (with a small string). I didn't have to worry about losing the cap unless the string breaks. The rubber hand grip has started to fall off. I used a sticker to cover it up. Overall, it still looks okay works perfectly fine. Battery life is great too! A full charge lasts up to 2 days. Some of my blogger friends have it and it makes as a good substitute for their bulky DSLR cameras.

Panasonic Cameras Company Information