3.79/5

69 Panasonic Cameras Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2019

After I sent in my camera, I never received an email so I reached out to the company two weeks later and they said they didn't have the right email so they couldn't reach out. Anyways a week after that they still hasn't reached out to tell me what the issue was with my camera. I told them since I have warranty, with my job it's important to have a good camera and I need it working so send me a new camera. They wanted to send me a refurbished camera. I'm no. I bought a brand new one so I will get a brand new one back. They told me they would call me back. Every phone call I had with them but they never stuck to their word. So now I have a camera that works, but who knows if it's actually refurbished or not. When customer service says they will reach out to you and they don't..it's very rude and upsetting. I am not happy with this company and I hope they learn to follow their word when they tell a customer something.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I love this camera. It is lightweight yet has 10X zoom and a 1" sensor. Operationally, it has 2 glitches: the diopter compensation wheel sticks out so far and turns too easily, so it turns while I am carrying it, and I need to refocus the eyepiece frequently. Also the ring around the lens that controls exposure compensation turns too easily and the camera locks up until the shutter release is pressed halfway. Overall, 90% of the advantages of the Sony RX-100-6 at half the price.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought a Panasonic DMC TZ220 camera on 9 Jul 2018 in Melbourne, Australia. I wanted it to get sharper pictures than my two TZ30 cameras can offer (the TZ220 has a larger sensor area). I love the portability of all of these compact cameras (very easy when traveling). I was disappointed to find that the pictures taken on the TZ220 are not as vivid in color as compared with the TZ30 cameras. I contacted Panasonic via Sydney, Australia seeking assistance. I sent them images taken on each cameras plus other technical parameters but they didn't acknowledge any issue or give me any serious response. I am left wondering whether I made the right decision to buy the TZ220. More often than not, I find myself still using the older cameras because they produce a better result.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I bought the Panasonic Lumix G7 Mirrorless Camera in a bundle online through Ritz Camera through Amazon.com. I was very happy with it. A little short of two years, the front control wheel started spinning around without staying put, thus changing the settings while shooting. It was out of the one year warranty. I tried to get satisfaction through my credit card company, which covers another year, but they just gave me the run-around. I contacted Panasonic through Facebook. They sent me the Tech Support phone number. I tried that and got no help.

I sent another message to Panasonic at Facebook, and they suggested their chat line. I spoke with someone there, who said unless I had registered my camera on their 3 year warranty, they couldn't help me. Well, since I hadn't bought the camera from them directly, I knew nothing about the 3 year warranty at the time. The rep said I had to call the Tech Support number and ask for a supervisor. I followed their menu system when I called, and wound up getting bounced out. Conclusion: Panasonic has poor customer service and will not stand behind their product. They have plenty of people giving demos on how great their products are, but will not make sure the customer is happy in the long run. So long, Panny, I won't be buying your cameras again.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have the FZ300 bridge camera -- one non-removable long telephoto lens. I've been using these since about 2006. It is smaller and lighter than a DSLR. This is an excellent camera for a beginner because it takes good photos on auto, but as one's skills grow, the camera can be more sophisticated. It also shoots RAW. I do believe, however, that there is more gimmicky stuff than there needs to be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Camera has very good value and excellent lens quality. Company provides very good video guides too. But a somewhat long learning curve to understand all the capabilities.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Brought new camera from Panasonic online with extended warranty. Camera shipped shortly afterwards but it took over three months for them to tell me extended warranty through Square Trade that was part of the order never went through. Awful customer service for never contacting me beforehand about the issue until now where I can't get the warranty myself or return the camera due to their error without additional fees. Next time I wouldn't consider Panasonic again at this rate due to lack of customer support.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I was pleased with the IQ of my new ZS50 but after about two weeks there developed about a dozen very visible dust spots on the sensor or rear of the lens. The store I bought it from would not take it back and said it had to go to Panasonic for warranty service. So, I sent it to Panasonic and after 6 weeks they finally contacted me to tell me it was "customer abuse," which was not. About two weeks later they called and told me it was not repairable so they would send me a new ZS50. What I got was a refurbished ZS50 that had worse dust spots right out of the box than the one I had sent in the first time.

I called Panasonic service and they basically told me the camera had been thoroughly tested but they would repair it for $60 since, as a refurbished unit, it was no longer under warranty! My argument was that the camera I had originally purchased had a 1 year warranty so the replacement they sent me therefore also had the remainder of the original one year warranty. Panasonic stuck to their guns - no fix under warranty and a $60 charge to clean a problem they sent me. I threw the camera in the garbage. I will never again purchase a fixed lens Panasonic Lumix camera due to their unsatisfactory camera design and totally unacceptable customer service. Boo.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

At $699, the Panasonic G7 is a bargain compared to the much more expensive GH4. The G7 even has a few enhancements not found on the GH4. It is easy to use for newbies and easy access to full manual controls for more experienced users. Put it in Auto and go or switch to an assisted mode... or full manual if you like to have fun. It's 16MP and 4K with an articulated touchscreen in a comfortable body. It is durable and semi-weatherproof but still in a plastic shell. The G7 is on par with my much more expensive Nikon D610 while costing 1/3rd the price. It blows the D610 out of the water when it comes to video. Due to the smaller sensor, it is more prone to noise at higher ISO and it is harder to get super shallow depth of field.

The G7 strikes a good balance between being full featured while still being small enough to actually be able to carry it everywhere. I took it with me on my honeymoon and it performed remarkably. Easy to take pictures when in a hurry and the OIS helped me get clear pictures. The screen can be moved around in a number of ways which was helpful to take selfies with my wife and take a 'selfie video'.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I did my research to decide which brand to go for as I have always been a Canon customer. But I was not comfortable with the Canon compact cameras, so went with the Panasonic Lumix Z545. It's my go-to camera when I don't have my regular one. It's compact, has lots of functions, solid feeling and good optics. But it can be annoying at times trying to get the correct setting, especially with "fat fingers". Of course, I knew what I was getting into with a small portable camera (I am not a point and shoot person). It has too many functions packed into one area, and the details and instruction sheet are not clear. It is pretty great for what it is, but I prefer my big Canon SLR with all the lenses for specialty shots.

Panasonic expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Making everything from industrial business solutions to consumer electronics, Panasonic is a company designed to meet consumer needs worldwide.

• Lumix cameras: Lumix cameras are the basic line of Panasonic cameras. Specific models vary from standard digital cameras to more complex DSLR systems.

• Instant help: When perusing the Panasonic website, consumers are contacted by Panasonic to help answer questions or make purchase decisions.

• Lumix Tough cameras: The Lumix Tough camera is designed for users with active lifestyles. This camera is waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and dustproof for use in extreme conditions.

• 4K video and photo function: Some Lumix cameras, like the Panasonic Lumix G7, are capable of 4K resolution. This allows for picture and video with extremely high definition image quality. The camera uses three 4K photo modes: 4K Burst, which captures photos continuously; 4K Burst Start/Stop, which records 4K video and allows the user to pause at any point and save an image; and 4K Pre-Burst, which initiates a video sequence before the 4K Burst photo sequence and gives the user even more images to view.

• Image app: The Panasonic Image app allows users to control various functions of the Lumix G7 with their smartphones or tablets. This app also lets users immediately upload their photos and videos to social media directly from their mobile device.

• Best for: Panasonic cameras are best for users who want either a complex professional-grade camera or a compact rugged camera.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs