Leica

Compare Camera Brands

Research top Camera Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It is a good thing to have people who perform, it makes it easier on the manager's job when people step up and do something that you wouldn't have to do, it is important to your customers to have good performance. It is right. It is a good thing to bring value to customers and stressing that the customers are going to get a good value and it is important that they come out the store happier than when they came in and it is important to let the customers know it. The appearance of everything that you sell means everything to the customer, so you need good people to help you when it comes to appearance, it is one of the most important things. Size goes hand in hand in good value. I know when I walk into some place that I get a good size of a product and good value.

Great performance of the product. No hassle to use this product. I find it easy to understand. Great value for the money and anyone interested in this product is not gonna be disappointed with this product and would be very happy with this. Apparently I like the way it looks. Great product to have and own. I'm thinking about buying another one so I can see what else it can do. It's a good size, very compact and easy to store. The best I have used in a long time and am very happy with my new camera and would like to recommend this to anyone who wants to use this product.

Its performance was great. I took it biking and out in water. It did very well. Didn't malfunction. Working just as well as it's supposed to. Price I got was bit lower than its competitors but it does everything that I want it to do so far. Have not found a issue with it this far. It looked OK. I don't need it to be a fashion statement. It's not tiny and it's not big and bulky. Does well for itself.

The lens quality of Leica is very solid, providing great photos. The functionality of the camera allows for many different types of shots, ranging from action to nighttime. Definitely recommend. I remember it being fairly pricey when I purchased it several years back. Obviously high quality but I don't know if I would say it is a "value" purchase. The camera looks like most digital cameras you would get. My specific model was a little bulkier than normal, which made carrying it around a little bit more of a chore. I chose a bulkier camera and should have opted for a flatter smaller model. I don't blame Leica for this as they offer other options. It's a preference I suppose.

My Leica camera with its changeable lenses is the best performing, I have owned. It outperforms my Canon any day. The resolution and clarity blows me out of the water. Although a Leica is a little bit more expensive it's definitely worth it for the quality photos you get it. I would say that it definitely delivers the quality for the price. I wouldn't say that there's anything special about the appearance of a Leica camera. It looks about just the same as any other. Sleek modern professional. Again the size of the camera body is the same as standard market cameras. It's easy to grip and fits in your hand well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leica?

Designed for people who want control over their picture taking experience. Premium outcomes but requires skill and an interest and learning how to use many features. Very expensive product. Sold at some consumer grade outlets but better suited to professionals. Similar quality outcomes available for lower cost. I don't think about appearance much for this type of product. The design is very traditional and somewhat dated. Not much changed over time. Larger than some other lower quality product, but fits comfortably in the hand. Has a good weight and feel. Manageable even with multiple accessories.

The product works well. I'd rate favorably against competitors like GoPro. I'm definitely happy with the purchase and quality of recordings. This camera has made my documentation of training a breeze. I am a competitive powerlifter so I need something portable that also has great quality to see minor variations in technique. This looks solid. I'm not overly concerned with aesthetics, but this more than checks the box for me. Doesn't look fragile at all. Very happy with this overall. Product is small enough to be plenty portable. Also, it is not too small where you would worry about either losing or misplacing it. Also feels hefty enough that it doesn't feel cheap or super fragile.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

For over 100 years, Leica has been manufacturing cameras with an emphasis on quality engineering in lenses and cameras.

• History: Few companies can boast the history of the Leica brand. The Leica website has a timeline of their most influential camera models as well as a digital museum of historical photographs.
  • Leica Akademie: Across the United States, Leica offers seminars and classes with established photographers. Classes vary in size and price, and they cater to amateur and aspiring professional photographers alike. Leica lists these workshops and their prices on the company website.
  • Leica blogs: The Leica website hosts a carefully curated set of blogs with subjects from hunting and birding to slice-of-life portraits and travel photography. Guest photographers often contribute to Leica’s blogs along with amateur photographers and writers who submit their work and adhere to Leica’s guidelines.
  • Service and support: Leica offers a worldwide service network for cameras in need of repair and maintenance. For the most complete care service, the users may need to mail their cameras to select shops to ensure certified professional assistance.
  • Customizable cameras: Most Leica cameras can be customized to the user’s preference. Various color and texture options are available for consumers to outfit their Leica products, and attachable lenses are available as well.
  • Best for Leica cameras are best for aspiring and professional photographers who do not mind paying a bit extra for a brand associated with quality and style.

Compare Camera Brands