1.21/5
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

20 Konica/Minolta Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I have been battling with Konica to properly credit my account for 6 months now. It seems like the whole department has a culture of incompetence and little concern with accomplishing a task. The time and effort put forth by my team and I has been incredible. Their solution is to have me take the time to investigate and copy all my checks cashed by them instead of Konica taking the time and effort to investigate it themselves. I cannot wait for my contract to be up. My recommendation is to not even think of them for your office.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Fax feature poorly programmed. Having followed the posted instructions on how to send the fax at an office, I get a partial printout of my document along with unintelligible results of the fax; that is to say, if it was successfully received or not.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I am managing 13 color and 12 black biz hubs and the service is completely dependent upon the tech dispatched to provide service on these machines. One is outstanding while the other is just the opposite. I reached out to their manager to say I would rather not see the creepy tech but he talked over me and didn't hear a word I said. My experience with support is much the same as the manager. Instead of interfacing with me she referred me to a webpage for help. Yes these machines work but they will never be used to their envisioned potential.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We leased a bizhub and the corresponding service agreement for our company about two years ago. For the first year the copier worked fairly well with only a few service interruptions. The following year the problems became more frequent and longer lead times as parts needed to be replaced. We found that the service center did not have a good supply of the parts that generally go bad on these machines and consequently, we had to wait 3-5 days for the parts to come in and it usually took a couple of days to schedule the tech to come and install the replacement parts.

The most recent breakdown happened on 8/28, the tech came out on 8/31 and ordered parts, another tech came out to install the parts and they were wrong, at which point he ordered another part. It is now 9/18 and we are getting the runaround from the service tech on the status of the newest replacement part. We are going on 3 weeks without a copy machine. This example is just one of the many issues we have had with Konica Minolta's extremely lackluster service. If you have options in the copy machine market, I would advise against Konica.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I bought this product last year in May ’17. Product Sr No is A8A6041009925. This product worked for only 3-4 months in last 1.5 years. From last 8 months, it is a wastage for me completely 'cause service centre is charging 30k+ for repairing it. And this is not the 1st time, In the 1st 6 months this machine broke down 2 times and service centre took 2 months in repairing. After that (once warranty completed) this machine again broke done in March and I complained for repairing. My complaint No is ** but no use. No one visited to repair it.

Again, complained in April (Complaint No is **) and this time one came to my office and took 1 month to identify the issue. After that In June I communicated that you need to pay 30k+ amount if you need this machine work (without any guarantee). I really don't know how to react on this quotation. I feel that dealer have fooled me completely. I never never never suggest anyone to go with this product or even I will be happy if I say with any product with this company. You will never get worth of money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Konica/Minolta?

Original review: June 8, 2018

We signed a contract for 5 years to lease a copier. They kept increasing 10% on our lease every year. When we questioned their practice, they said the contract allows them to do it without informing us. It is a very shady and disappointing practice. We are stuck with another 4 months on the lease and can't wait for it to be over. Will never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

As a small business owner I wholly recommend NEVER signing a copier lease with Konica-Minolta. The customer service is horrific, in so far as it's non-existent and downright cold, crude & rude. Stay, stay away from this company, you'll lose your shirt if you sign a copier lease. Konica-Minolta cares not the least in your business success. Konica-Minolta customer service is most unhelpful, the copiers are constantly problematic and lease and per copy costs are not just expensive, but "criminally" expensive.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

TWO YEARS ago we canceled our contact and got emails to confirm the cancelation. We don't even use this printer, we bought it out. Well in the mail about 7 weeks ago I get an office bill that we owe $259.24 for the printer/copies. I called customer service. Spoke to someone that barely even knew how to speak and had no idea what I was talking about. I emailed customer service 3 times and no one person even acknowledge that I had wrote them and lets get to the bottom of this. I even cc'd Paul ** who is the territory manager. No response. I finally called today and explained how do you send a bill (first time bill EVER) that we owe money from 2015. ARE YOU SERIOUS! She could not even explain. Anyways I paid it but let me tell you BE CAREFUL!!! They have no idea what customer service is.

Original review: July 6, 2016

Service is very poor. My machine is out of order since from June 2015, but no service available in the heart of Jammu city, so I recommend to everyone to pls don't buy any product from Konica/Minolta. I have a very bad experience with it, so pls be aware of buying Konica products.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

Customer service was not satisfactory. Many service visits were needed during the 3 year contract. Lastly they make you pay $500-700 to ship your printer back at your own cost when you are done!!! Worst printer experience ever. Don't trust them.

Original review: June 1, 2015

My contract was to be renewed in January 2015 and I have been calling Konica/Minolta since October and NO one will ever call you back. They will just renew your contract without ever notifying you and you have NO choice but to pay whatever increase they want to stick you with. I am very upset with their LACK of customer NO SERVICE. DO NOT ever buy a Konica/Minolta product.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2014

Attention to all who are looking to purchase Konica Minolta BizHub machines from a guy named John **. I tried to do business with this man. What a crock & headache after headache!!! The machine he delivered was scratched & dented. It took a week for him to network it with my computers, wouldn't work. He kept charging me for equipment I did not need. He has no professionalism. Smelled of cheap cigars & I thought he was having a heart attack one day while tinkering with the machine. I think it's horrible that somebody like this is representing such a large, well known company. You can find more information about this menace on Craigslist (Sacramento, Folsom, Charlotte, Greenville, SC) & a business called Fidelity Business Systems in Folsom, CA. I do wonder if they have business licenses to represent themselves?!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2012

Our office purchased a Konica Minolta Biz Hub C220 one year ago. Since installation, there is a lining problem which was noticed and informed on day one. In reply, the installation engineer suggested in consultation with his boss that the lining problem would automatically be sorted out after completion of 2500-3000 pages of printing. To date, the same problem is being faced and for that. I have been losing a great business which has been intimated time and again to the concerned personnel of IECS (from where I bought the machine). Basically, it was a defective product and they knew it all. They misguided me to make the money and save their company. As a layman, one should not counter but to equal the voice with engineer. This points that they got the benefit out of that. To date, despite twice visit of engineers from IECS, problem has not been solved

When contacted over phone, the concerned personnel of Konica Minolta in India are not able to give any solution to the problem. I placed multiple service calls to IECS, country head of India like Mr. DN **, Rajeev, Kaushal, Ekta, Shiv **, Kamal, Akshay **, Sudhhir **, etc. Also, Japan office. More than 200 emails and 500 telephone calls had already been given. They are not sure of the problem. Sometimes they ask to change something and after sometime saying to change other spare parts. Even they are confused about what to do. No one seemed to bother or able to fix the problem. This has been an ongoing issue for the past one year. As of today's date, our machine has been in ideal condition for three months. We only got 30,000 copies from the machine. Today is September 2, 2012. Multiple calls have been made to the service manager, country head, IECS guys and sales manager, Japan office, etc. No one has given satisfactory answer. They are just playing like cat and dog. A few repairmen have come out but can't fix the issue. The service to fix the issue is the worst service you will ever experience.

I will never stop letting as many businesses as I can know what a horrible company this is. I know that they are treating other businesses this way and there are a lot of them that probably allow them to treat them so poorly. I have spent a lot of money on this, but Konica Minolta is still trying to escape from its commitments. What a disgusting company and extremely poor customer service/support. They get zero satisfaction in my opinion. Loss of valuable time dealing with false commitments.

Original review: March 22, 2012

Our office purchased a Konica Minolta Biz Hub C451 three years ago. For the first two months, the machine jammed multiple times daily. I placed multiple service calls. No one seemed to be able to fix the problem. After showing one of the repairmen the log we kept of all the jams that had occurred, Konica Minolta finally replaced the defective feeder on my brand new machine. This has been an ongoing issue for the past three years. This machine has broken down more times that I can take the time to list.

As of today's date, our machine has been broken since February 24, 2012. Today is March 23, 2012. Multiple calls have been made to the service manager, VP and sales manager. No one has called me back. A few repairmen have come out but no one can fix the issue and no one seems to even care if they do or not. The last guy who came out actually stuck a piece of wadded up paper in an area that may be causing the problem. This has not remedied the issue. I now have a taped up, paper wadded up fix for this machine. Please do not buy a Konica Minolta machine if you are from Michigan. The service to fix the issue is the worst service you will ever experience.

Original review: April 20, 2010

In June of 2009, we were approached by a sales representative for Konica Minolta. He convinced us to sign a contract and they delivered a copier that was designed to support our copying,faxing and scanning requirements. The machine has been very beneficial, but if I could cancel this contract and go with anyone else, I would in a heartbeat. This company has been the hardest vendor to work with. The sales rep did not notify us that they needed to have proof that we had business insurance and so they began to charge us $12.00 additional per/month for insurance.

The sales representative hounded us every day for a letter of reference, until we finally gave him one. He wanted a reference letter the day after we signed the deal with him and now we no why. He needed it before we started experiencing the poor customer service he knew we would be receiving0 once Konica-Minolta began their poor practices, as they do. They are very hard to get in touch with when you call customer support. They are very rude and unwilling to be understanding with a new customer.

They had us fax in "proof of insurance" over 8 months and continued to charge us insurance, late fees (because they wouldn't help remove the charges) and basically treated us extremely disrespectfully. I cannot believe the way they have treated us. Do they think we will ever do business with them again. No way! We have been in business for over 8 years and this company is by far, the worst company that I have dealt with.

I went to their website and there was no way for myself to communicate or lodge a complaint. I am very busy and I am taking time out of my day to send you this. I am also in the business to manage business customers and if I treated my customers like they have treated us, I would be unemployed. What an unprofessional, disrespectful company they are.

I will never stop letting as many businesses as I can know what a horrible company this is. I know that they are treating other businesses this way and there are a lot of them that probably allow them to treat them so poorly. I have well over a million dollars in business insurance that covers anything located in my building, but Konica-Minolta is still trying to charge extra fees. What a disgusting company and extremely poor customer service/support. They get an F- in my opinion. Loss of valuable time dealing with false overcharges.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2009

“Caveat emptor” or “buyer beware”!! After looking at many reviews on printers, I settled on the Minolta 1600W color laser printer as the best deal for the money. I purchased the printer – NEW - around 8/20/09 for $158.65. On or around 9/20/09, the printer ran out of black toner and I had to order a black toner cartridge for $65.74. Just over a month later (and a little over 60 sixty days since I purchased the printer), on or around 10/28/09, all of the three color cartridges ran out of toner. Replacement costs for the three color toner cartridges range from $206.97 to $383.85. This is apparently a new model and not all discount toner suppliers carry the toner for this model. Adding the cost of the black toner I bought in September to the cost to purchase new color cartridges would be somewhere between $365.62 to $542.50.

I spoke with Ray at Konica’s customer service (877-778-2687) who advised that the printers Konica makes are worth much more than their sales price, and that they “make up the difference” by pricing the toner very high. Maybe I am naive and this is standard practice, but it should be disclosed on the sales literature that the printer comes with “starter toner cartridges” which will need to be replaced after 500 pages, and that the cost of the replacement cartridges, although having a much higher yield of 1500 to 2500 pages, will well exceed the price of the printer. If I went to a car dealership and the salesman showed me the car of my dreams with all of the features I was looking for at a great price, I would buy it. If I were to find out after buying the car that it came with “starter tires” that would only last two weeks and that the cost of the replacement tires for this particular car exceeded the amount I paid for the car by double, I would be mad as hell and screaming for some governmental agency to step in and say “this is not fair dealing with the consumer”. But there doesn’t appear to be anyone who can stop these printer manufacturers from selling their printers cheap and their replacement toner cartridges at inflated prices to “make up the difference”. Do your research. Price the replacement toner cartridges when you are pricing the printer. Ask what the yield is for their “starter cartridges”, that is, how many pages will you be able to print with the starter cartridges. Then make up your mind whether it’s a “good deal” or not.
Original review: June 3, 2009

This copier, scanner and fax had never worked correctly since it was purchased 03/2008. We have had several service calls and anything seems to work. Help, we feel maybe this machine needs to be replaced. I will be waiting to hear from you as we really need to get this matter taken care of in a timely manner. Thanks for you time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2007

Copytronics promised the Konica Minolta C640 Copier would perform to a standard it never achieved. The ability promised us to print on 8 1/2 x 11 for our mass mailings has never worked. We were promised a speed of 65 PPM (never reached) and a run of 200,000 copies/prints before maintenance with barely better than a rate 100,000. They sent over several technicians including their best without result.

We've spent quite a bit of extra money using outside vendors to handle our printing needs. Due to the slower rate of printing and maintenance issues, we've missed printing/copying deadlines. The whole matter has caused considerable, lost productivity.

Original review: April 26, 2006

My digital camera has a known defect. I did not learn that it is a known defect until today. My camera became out of warranty on Feb. 15, 2006. I became aware of the defect soon after purchasing it, but I did not know it was a known defect. I immediately phoned Konica Minolta and reported the problem, not knowing that it was a known documented defect. I was not told that it was a known defect. I was told that I could send the camera in to be looked at. I did not want to be many weeks without the use of my camera.

I thought it was a temporary problem and perhaps was caused by some camera setting and that it was clear up on its own. I did not send it in. The problem did clear up and I thought that it was gone permanently. After some time, the problem returned. I was concerned, but thought again that it would clear up on its own. Again it went away, and I thought it was a mysterious problem that came and went, but I could not find what the problem was related to. For the past 2 months, I have been noticing the problem and today I decided to test all the settings on the camera to see if I could find the cause of the problem. I went online and searched for any postings referring to the problem that I encountered. I found that it was a documented known problem.

In my personal camera, it was just as others had written about, but more noticeable than it was described in the postings that I found. I phoned Konica Minolta today and discussed the problem with them. I asked if they saw in my records that I had reported the problem shortly after purchase. I was told, "Yes", that the documentation was in my account. However, because the camera was out of warranty, it would cost approximately $200.00 to be repaired.

I feel that since this was a known defect in the camera and that it existed at the time that it was purchased, that the camera should be replaced or repaired without charge. The defect is not exclusive to my personal cameral As I understand it, it exists on all Konica Minolta A200 digital camera. The defect is a major one. The digital camera has a still mode and a movie mode with audio. When the camera is in movie mode, there is a continuous background sound that is a clicking, grinding sound. It seems to be related to the camera doing some automatic focusing operation, even though I have the auto focus option turned off. It occurs when the camera is in movie mode, even when it is not recording. If I place the lens cap over the lens, the sound stops. When a video of any scene is recorded and is played back, there is a constant clicking, grinding sound that overlays any other sound that may be part of the video.

Original review: April 11, 2006

In January 2006, I submitted a $50.00 rebate for the purchase of DimageX1 camera. They refused my rebate because of the UPC that supplied. I supplied the only UPC that was on the camera box.The rebate was a reason that we purchased the Konica Minolta camera.

We feel that Konica Minolta has reneged on their contract to send us the $50.00 rebate.

Konica/Minolta Company Information