1.43/5
  • 1 star
Based on 272 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 18, 2017

517 Kodak Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Camera is probably 7 yrs old now. It was great at the time for pocket size that I needed for work and personal use. Very easy to use. Easy to get pics printed or on a disc at local do it yourself photo terminal. Multiple functions are 3rd to use. Has more than succeeded for the needs I had to have.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My camera is a great, durable point & shoot for a super price. It takes great snapshots, has a few auto settings & standard adjustment settings. It's a few years old but I only paid $75 on sale for it, it was $125 at the time. Bought one for my best friend too. It was awesome for what it was new. Still can do poster size prints but my phone tends to be my go-to. Out of the box to use, SD card or direct download with no additional programs needed. I loved my blue Kodak, it was durable enough to spend a weekend at Bonnaroo & SXSW & daily life in a tattoo studio for over 5 years. It has been dropped, kicked, spilled, lost & found. A great investment.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

There are a lot of cameras made by names that promises to perform better or give good quality for a great price. Save your time and money and purchase the Kodak. It is amazing and will make you fall in love. You'll never have to purchase another camera. It will keep you learning new ways to capture the most important memories of your life. With it, the photos come alive. It has awesome quality with the absolutely best value for this amazing camera.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I love my camera's automatic focus and lightning which is great for outdoors. Also, it's easy to get a hold to in a hurry and snap. I just wish it was more with connecting to the cell phone to make it quicker to load and upload to other places.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I love the camera it suits my person, I am not a camera bug. I bought my camera for capturing pictures I wanted to keep and events that I wanted to save. It's small, compact and fits well in my purse. It's also simple, easy to use and inexpensive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kodak?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

My camera's easy to use and does a pretty good job with quality. It captures the photo almost like real life and can also do videos which are easy to download to a computer. Its buttons are easy to navigate, and it has a big window for viewing what you are going to capture.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

It's a good camera for the money. Can't beat the quality, has good value and great image quality. It's simple to use, too. If you are looking for an entry level Digital camera, in my opinion Kodak cannot be beat. I have owned a few others, and they did not hold up. Low battery usage is also a plus.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My Kodak camera is an older model digital camera. It still works and takes excellent pictures. The only problems I have had after many years is with the rotary switch control. It jars slightly when in the case and causes intermittent connections that in turn drain the batteries. The lock catch on the battery cover broke some years ago so I have to tape the cover to keep it closed. I have had other camera makes but I love my old Kodak Digital. It is compact, takes pics and videos and has several settings for various situations.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

This is my second printer and since purchasing this most recent one three years ago it has been a very regrettable and very disappointing purchase. I just replaced the black ink cartridge a month ago and have only printed maybe 5 pages. The printer is already telling me that the black ink cartridge is low and Kodak printers will not even print with low ink so it makes you go and buy a new one even when it is not out of ink already. This printer goes through cartridges way too fast. I think there must be a problem with them drying out. Should be a recall on this printer and or a class action lawsuit! I will never buy another Kodak printer and I highly advise consumers to stay away from the Kodak brand of printers.

Original review: July 22, 2016

There needs to be a class action lawsuit against Kodak! I have two of their printers that I got a good deal on Black Friday a few years ago and I've had nothing but trouble with either of them and they're two different models! No matter how much ink you have it will not let you continue to print. The ink runs out so incredibly fast. I've owned a lot of printers and I've never seen anything like it. They also make you buy both black and color even though you primarily only use black you're forced to buy a new color cartridge also and change a brand-new full one... basically throw it away.

I rarely even print anymore. I just bought two brand-new cartridges and I might have printed a total of 3 times and it was just baseball tickets that I bought online and guess what there's the message you're black ink is low. So instead of letting me print something with just faded black color they completely block you out and you're not allowed to print at all!!! You're also not allowed to use color instead of black. You can't change it to color only. You will still get the message that you need to buy a whole new set of cartridges. This is a complete and utter scam by Kodak.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

This is a Kodak Hero 5.1. Printer is a little over 1-year-old, replaced ink cart because message said ink low. Replaced both ink cart with Genuine Kodak Ink, now complete blank pages. Repeated many times no fix. Purchased the print head as suggested by Kodak support (another $30.00) no fix. Tried a bunch of other steps, cleaning print heads, etc. No fix. Then he stated printer is bad and offered to sell me another one. Why would I want spend more money on a piece of junk? Do not buy Kodak products. They're a poor quality. My HP printer still works after almost 8 years.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I've been using a Kodak 7250 printer since they first came out, because the cost of their ink was so much less that it saved a lot of money. I loved the quality of print and the savings in ink so much that I bought a second printer to have on-hand if the first printer ever gave out. It was in my attic. A month ago, the printer finally gave out. I put the new printer in place, but it asked for new black ink immediately. I put a new black in cartridge in the printer, and printed for about a week. Then it asked for a new color cartridge. The previous color cartridge had been in the printer for several months. I put a new Kodak ink cartridge in the printer, but since I anticipated printing only black and white documents, I set the printer in monochrome mode.

One month later, after using up two black ink cartridges (expected) it asked me for another color ink cartridge. The local store is out of ink, so I have ordered one, which is taking a long time to arrive. Meanwhile, I cannot print black ink documents until I replace the color cartridge, even though the color cartridge was never used. I am not out of color ink. The cartridge is just as heavy as it was when I installed it, and the old ink cartridge was noticeably lighter when I replaced it. I did not print any documents with color. I have printed large batches of monochrome documents in the past without difficulty. I believe Kodak has updated their driver to use page count to demand ink cartridge replacement, and is not checking ink level at all.

Help me prove Kodak is ignoring ink levels when it demands a new ink cartridge. When you buy a new cartridge, write down the specific ink you used, and any serial numbers that may be available, and weigh your ink cartridge before removing the plastic protector covering the ink wells. Keep track of the number of pages printed, and the number of monochrome pages printed. When Kodak demands you purchase another cartridge, replace the plastic protector covering the ink wells, and weigh the used cartridge. If we compare results, we will be able to prove the problem is with the Kodak driver, and not with our use of ink, and we can force Kodak to fix the driver or face a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

I have been having print quality issues with Office 2170. Followed online on how to resolve, and was told I needed a printhead. Then received an email stating that as a goodwill gesture, they would be sending one at no charge. I just needed to respond with my address. Good deal, right? Unfortunately, it never arrived. Two weeks later I called. The customer service rep would not answer my question as to the status of the ordered printhead and kept insisting we go through the whole process of ascertaining what the problem was.

I kept repeating I had already done this. Finally I simply hung up. Called back later. Was told it never went out. Was told that I did not respond to a second email asking for the date of purchase and location of purchase. I never received this email and it was never asked in my phone conversation so clearly it was not needed. When you call Kodak, you call India. Reps are extremely hard to understand with heavy accents. So tired of calling overseas to get someone with bad English that just keeps repeating the same phrases and never really answers questions!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

Kodak ESP C310 All in One Printer - This printer eats ink like crazy, this is costing me a fortune! I get barely a dozen pages (if that) on a really really good day. I don't even use my printer every week, sometimes not for months and still it gobbles ink. I have spoken with Kodak on many occasions and I get all kinds of nonsense. I am going to throw away a printer that is nearly new, in the sense that it is used so little. The printer head went bad and I had to practically beg for them to send me a new one even though I offered to pay for it! I was told they would send me free ink once and it never came either. I am disgusted with this product! In all fairness, the customer service reps are always very nice and do try to accommodate the customer but I get a feeling their hands are tied somehow to take any real action. They deserve 10 stars! **********

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I purchase a Hero 6.1 all-in-one printer a couple of years ago. I have had to replace the print head once before a year was up. Now after less than 2 years, the error code 3420, paper edge could not be found. I called Kodak, they replaced my printer with an inferior model ESP 3.2 that does not fax, but does copy, scan and print. I very unhappy that after having the Hero 6.1 learning that it has been defective all along and they knew it. The printer they sent me did not have a power cord and I have to buy new ink cartridges that are a different size. I am just too over Kodak. I will never purchase anything else from Kodak, not even their cameras. Poor customer service and inferior products. Kodak has gone straight to the bottom.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

Light use of this printer for about one year. Liked the wi-fi connection except it had a problem staying connected, so had to direct USB connect it. Color prints not as good as the HP I use - somewhat washed out. When I got low on one of the cartridges (black or color), the printer would not accept any job sent to it. Got error message today that print heads were misaligned. Opened it up and found the ink-head has been leaking ink inside the printer. Lots of problems with this one.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

I bought a Kodak i3450 scanner 7-31-2015 on the basis that it was 'Mac compatible'. Indeed, it is not Mac compatible and I now have a $4,000 paper weight. Kodak's tech support is hobbled hand and foot and cannot write the code to get the scanner to work.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

My first Kodak 9.1 died, thankfully I had purchased Best Buy insurance and the thing gave up the ghost just before the insurance ran out. Whew. My BIG mistake was replacing it with another Hero 9.1 when I could have had any printer in the price range. The print head bleeds all over and I've been sent two now, they aren't any better. I don't use Kodak cartridges, I use pseudo cartridges which for some reason seem to last a very long time. This printer prints gibberish if I have more than one printing job in line at a time. I was printing about 30 free knitting patterns and had them all in the whatever it's called thingy and they were merrily printing out, but when I looked, only the first one was readable. The next 60 pages were unreadable unless you know gibberish.

When I called Kodak, they asked if I was using Kodak cartridges and so I lied and said "yes" because I didn't think the cartridges were the problem. They didn't return my calls or emails either as some other people have stated. They did send me a new printer, but it was actually worse than the one it replaced. I still donated it hoping maybe someone with printer knowledge would know how to 'fix' it.

I too purchased Kodak when it first came out because I wanted to buy American and I trusted the Kodak brand, from my first Kodak Brownie camera to the printer, but things have changed at Kodak. Their techs aren't trained in manners, they are not interested in your problems because I think they believe that the customer is somehow causing the problem. I am especially upset about not being able to print or copy plain black and white correspondence if I don't have a color printer WITH ink in it in the printer. I have tried putting empty color cartridges in, hoping just a 'body' is needed in the color cartridge slot. No go.

So my printer has been sitting here for six months. The plastic piece that helped move the screen broke, the back part that opens just falls open at will and I get lots and lots of paper caught in the printer. Gave up trying to print envelopes as I was afraid I was going to have a stroke. I am really sad that Kodak is so embarrassingly incompetent in this day and age. They used to have a great reputation, but not anymore. I used to recommend Kodak printers, NO MORE. My old HP, should have kept it for back up would print black and white without a color cartridge.

I also cannot stand the 'offers' that pop up from Kodak many times a month requesting I upgrade my printer. If I had used all the upgrades they offered my computer would have crashed. I think a class action suit is called for. What do all of you out there think? Are any of you lawyers? ;-)

Original review: July 29, 2015

Firstly, I could never get the printer to connect to Wifi. I rarely use it to print because I have a laser jet HP that's faster for printing. I replaced both inks a few months ago and went to use it to make a color copy and it said I needed to replace the color because it was low. Mind you, I haven't used it but 6 or 7 copies since changing the ink. So I decided to scan the documents and email them and the scanner has failed. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still failed. I have uninstalled and installed the software and still nothing. It may be reasonable but when you have to replace after 40 or so copies it ends up costing more. Worst printer I've ever owned! It's actually worse than the Lexmark it replaced! Will NEVER buy another device that bares the name Kodak!

Original review: July 21, 2015

Do not buy a Kodak printer. They used "save on ink" as part of their advertising campaign for printers. I found out first hand that this is false advertising as the ink does not last long at all. I have owned several printers, and I have spent more money buying ink for the Kodak than any other printer than any other I've owned. If the color cartridge runs put, I cannot print with black ink only and vice versa. Such a ripoff! I only wish I'd kept my HP printer.

Original review: July 17, 2015

I went on Sat. a week ago to purchase Kodak ink combo pack for my kodak 6100 series printer. Well needless to say, it was a bad package ink, not any good. Contacted Kodak and they were determine it was printhead so wanted a week for printhead and guess what, the same thing - bad ink. Contacted them again, they will send a black ink cartridge, so guess what they refuse to do both and another week of waiting and I will be in the same place all over again. Out 34.00 dollars, can't do what I need to do on printer. I also contacted them 2 times thru email, still waiting on response and now I have turned in complaint to the Better Business Bureau, waiting on that along with sending them all the info that I copied from chats and emails with Kodak.

All I can say is don't buy Kodak, stick with other companies. Never had issues with Hp or Lexmark, got Kodak printer because they said made better pictures and good prices on ink. Not a good price when the ink is bad and they won't replace it and you're out the money. Stay away from Kodak Printers and Ink unless you just like throwing money away. I can be contacted with any further information that is needed.

Original review: July 6, 2015

Kodak ESP 9250 Piece of Garbage - I purchased this printer a couple of years ago after being told Kodak was a more economical printer to operate since the ink was less expensive. That may be the case since the printer hardly ever uses the ink because it's impossible to keep it working correctly. I have called Kodak's support twice and have spent nearly an hour with them each time. At that point the printer seemed to work ok. That was until I attempted to use it again. Then the message kept coming back, "Looking for printer." Evidently, it never found the printer even though it wasn't hard for me to find it... in fact, I was looking straight at it. And the thoughts I had while looking at it - not working - weren't very nice. If I thought the printer could feel it, I would torture it and beat it into little bitty pieces. Need I say, I would NEVER buy ANY Kodak product again. EVER.

Original review: July 5, 2015

Kodak 5250 printer - Have used Kodak printers for the past 6 -7 years. Have had 4 of them. Each time they end up with a broken printhead or the like... but it has always been cheaper to buy a new one than repair them. I liked the cheap cost of the ink which is why I stayed with Kodak. But, for the past few months, we cannot print anything from our computers. Only will print blank sheets or just the color on the sheet, no black at all. To copy from the scanner it works OK. Have tried everything, every way I can think of to get it to print something from the computer, but it does not. Am going out to purchase an HP today.

Original review: June 30, 2015

Had this printer now for about 2 years - it drinks the ink! And I never use colour - forever have I got to replace the colour cartridge. Got a lot of trouble with evenly printing, ever had. The price of a new cartridge I prefer to put towards a new printer. Fortunately got access to a HP printer. This Kodak printer is going down to the tip today.

Original review: June 30, 2015

This is the worst printer. The ink it uses, it dries up, ugh -- NEVER.. AGAIN. NEVER. AGAIN. Nothing worse than knowing you were jipped. Ick. Never use anything KODAK again, just so they never make a dime from me again. I can't believe how much ink you use. DON'T buy anything from KODAK -- nothing. Kid at Best Buy said "We don't even repair the printer". It is all trouble. All of the time.

Original review: June 15, 2015

Purchased Kodak ESP9 based on initial reviews stating the savings it provided to end clients for inexpensive per page printing. That and I like Kodak, buy American, as I have family that still works for Kodak's film division. From day one, never experienced any satisfaction with per page printing costs and have learned not to rely on this printer to print. I usually get between 60 & 90 pages per black cartridge for a $15 cartridge or at best $.17 cents per page. I had reached out to Kodak when I first purchased the printer and had installed printer stats software on my PC to confirm my suspicions.

Despite me providing the stats, they gave the standard answer that I was printing graphic heavy pages and thus the reason for my usages concerns. I explained that I was confident this was not the case, but it got me nowhere. The sad part is, I would not mind, but it seems like every time I let this printer sit more than 2 weeks with a cartridge, I need a new one. It scans great, works good via wifi and prints well when it has ink.

Original review: June 10, 2015

After reading negative comments I decided to see for myself. I inserted a brand new color ink cartridge but NEVER USED IT! However, after about 45-days machine gave the message "ink cartridge needs replacing". It is a scam by Kodak to generate large revenue on ink cartridges that do not need replacing. You are held hostage by your printer until you replace an ink cartridge that is full!

Original review: May 28, 2015

Like the other comments, I am angry that the black and white will not work without using color ink. Also, the ink runs out quickly and lastly the print head dries up easily and will not allow you to print even with new ink cartridges.

Original review: May 9, 2015

Kodak service representative called my house late at night, did not identify himself, nor apologize for the call when I did not want to speak about the laptop/printer issue at the time. He did not say goodbye, just hung up. Very creepy. I also want to know how they were provided with my home phone number, while my only intentions were to install and run their software effectively. Embarrassing and offensive - I will never buy another Kodak product - and after all the fussing I had done, hours and hours of my day trying to run their backwards programs.

Original review: May 7, 2015

I purchased this printer because it was on The Apprentice. Supposedly the cartridges were much less expensive than other printers. Yes, they are, BUT they dry up super fast. The printer just has to have a new color cartridge that was not ever used...even though I have it set on black and white. It is saying I need to change and buy a new one. Sorry but it is a piece of JUNK.

Kodak expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kodak is a technology company that focuses on imaging solutions for consumers and businesses.

• Kodak action cameras: Kodak’s line of action cameras are attempting to bring 4K resolution to 360-degree videos. The PIXPRO SP360 4K is the latest in the line to record action videos designed for virtual reality.

• Compact S-1 camera system: The PIXPRO S-1 camera system is a compact camera that offers users options in their photography hobbies. The camera is compatible with most any third party lens, meaning that it works with lenses that are not developed specifically by Kodak.

• SMART LENS cameras: The Kodak SMART LENS line of cameras are cameras that fit to the user’s smartphone camera, though the cameras can also be used independently. With 25X zoom and optical image stabilization, it is designed to turn the user’s phone into a compact zoom camera.

• Friendly Zoom digital cameras: Kodak’s most basic camera model of digital camera is the Friendly Zoom line. These cameras are made to be easy to use and compact for casual users.

• PIXPRO Sport: Kodak’s PIXPRO WP1 Sport camera is Kodak’s rugged model built to handle extreme conditions. It is waterproof, shockproof and dustproof, and its multiple scene modes allow for capturing footage and images in almost any environment.

• Best for: Kodak cameras are best for casual or entry-level photographers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs