Jersey Photo/Fumfie.com

Compare Camera Brands

Research top Camera Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After waiting one month for a filter for a lens and being assured on numerous occasions that it would be here in two to three days, I have yet to see it. I have been lied to and hung up on. I have always been respectable when speaking to both Customer Service and Sales and consider the hang up to be very offensive. My next step is to call the credit card company and see what can be done on this end to correct this problem. Never again will I do business with this company.

I can now be officially called your 'Self-proclaimed Idiot' for the day. I saw the terrible reviews on Fumfie and yet I went on and ordered the Canon C100 from them. But if they're offering the camera at $500 less than B&H, how could one resist? So I ordered the camera online, called the sales department one minute after the transaction went through because their website suggested that I do to make sure everything was hunky dory, spoke with Michael, who tried to sell me some accessories, which I'm okay with but turned down his sales pitch. He did say that the camera was in stock (sound familiar, guys?) crossed my fingers, and that was that.

Not having heard from them after 2 business days, I decided to call. Spoke with Stephen and Stephen tells me that the camera was not in stock. Woo Hoo... It is at this moment that it hits me... I am an idiot! But Stephen goes on to say 'But a different camera, the C100 Mk II was in stock, which is only roughly $2000 more and that please don't look at this as an upsell'... It was just all downhill from there. I did speak with Bill the next day who offered to right the situation but I was in no mood to take a 2nd gamble. Went to B&H instead, where I should have gone to begin with anyway. Oh well.

Ordered a go pro for my kid. They told me, my card was fraudulent, so I cancel the order. Received an email from them stating that order has been canceled and refund was on the process. Month later, I see a charge on my credit card for the go pro. Why was my CC charged when they thought my card was fraudulent, and could not complete the order???? Bunch of crooks using the Internet to make it seem like they are a big company... used ADORAMA.COM and two days later came in the mail. Stay away from FUMFIE.COM, they are crooks!! Do not give them your CC number either, because they will charge it regardless of canceled order and hope you will catch the transaction on your card.

First of all - the one guy that posted a positive review on this website -Kenneth of Haiku, HI on Dec. 20, 2014- is bogus. He's trying to say that in three business days FUMFIE got him his order filled in Hawaii. Don't believe a word of it. FUMFIE.COM failed to deliver an oven that I paid $1275.00 for plus an extra $100.00 for express delivery.

They also have failed to refund my money after canceling the order. After doing the research online, it is clear that my story is the same as too many other people's. I am being scammed. They seem to have a semi successful small electronics department that does a lot of business, but still with a lot of complaints. They also have a large appliance department that relies on the reputation of the small electronics department to throw people off their trail. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain here. They praise themselves for 90 something percent successful transactions but those transactions are for the small electronics department and not the major appliances department. I hope I'm explaining that well.

I have all the e-mails of this incredibly frustrating ordeal. Please investigate for yourself before purchasing anything from them. You have been warned. Here is what happened: I ordered a stove from them on 12/5/14. Elliot, he's the smooth talking guy that tells you your oven will be on the next truck out - of course it never makes it to the truck because there is no oven!!!! Elliot called me personally - it's creepy that this guy has my phone number and address now - anyhow he called and talked me into express delivery. For an extra $100 I could get it delivered in 10 days. Imagine how excited the family would be when it shows up just in time for Christmas.

Sadly, over a month later, and after numerous phone calls and promises that my oven would be on the next truck out the oven never showed - so I ask for a refund on the express delivery. They promised me a refund. They're still promising to deliver that refund, but that money has never showed up yet. After I realized that I'd been scammed I cancelled the whole order. Instead of them crediting my credit card they said they were going to send a check... SERIOUSLY!!! Who does that!? Anyway they swore they sent it 15 days ago so I called yesterday and Joyce, who swears she's a lady of her word, said the mail may have lost it. She said she was going to check into my missing refund check yesterday. So I called her a little while ago and she said she's gonna stay on this until she gets me an answer. Well she calls me back and tells me she can't help me today but she will get me an answer this Monday.

I know I'm being scammed! You know I'm being scammed! There are too many other stories like this about these frauds from FUMFIE.COM. I can't afford to fly to New York and try and sue to get my money back and neither can anyone else. And after almost two months of dissatisfaction I'm pretty sure I will not get it back. Go check out their address on Google Maps or Google Earth and decide if that is a company you want to be doing business with.

I ordered a Samsung refrigerator from www.fumfie.com on 11/28/2014 because price was ~$1500 lower than other web sites. I rec'd a call from Elliott on 12/01/14 asking if I would like to buy a 5-yr. warranty for the refrigerator for $351. I agreed to this and was told I would receive delivery in about 3 weeks. On 1/13/15 I called Elliott to inquire about the status of my order. He said I would hear from the shipping company later in the week. I heard NOTHING.

So today I did what I should have done before I placed the original order: I googled "fumfie reviews" and found out how many people they have scammed in addition to me. I opened an inquiry with AMEX and they will refund my money w/in 24-48 hours. I also called fumfie to let them know I've opened the inquiry and am cancelling the order. BEWARE!!! DUMP FUMFIE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jersey Photo/Fumfie.com?

Bad, bad experience. Writing this to warn others. You know the saying "If it sounds too good to be true..." I admit, I bit. Purchased an almost $900 camera bundle. When it arrived it was NOTHING like what was promised. They swapped out most of the item for crap. EX: the lens pictured in bundle sells for $150... they swapped it out for junk that sells on Amazon for $10.00. The camera had been opened... new? refurbished? They claim no way. They also do not provide a receipt... incredible. I demanded full refund. They offered extra equipment to keep it but I was not interested. After 15 phone calls, they did refund in full. Be very careful doing business here. You have been warned.

Placed a SAMSUNG TOP of the Line refrigerator on 09/19/2014 over the phone, because, it was about $2300 cheaper than all major retailers at the time. No tax, free delivery, and it was too good to be true. Yeah, I know, it was too good to be true and I learned it in very hard way and I am still trying to get my money back. Original promise was to get my order by two weeks after the original order date of 09/19/2014. After number of phone calls, and excuses, saying, the item in on back order and they are expecting it to get it in stock in two weeks. Final conversation before cancelling the order was, "you should be getting your item by around Thanksgiving day."

By Thanksgiving, I was without the refrigerator and I have cancelled the order by email and calling them. On the conversation, I was also promised to get my money back in my card within next 30 days, but, now it is over 30 days since the cancellation date, I had to call my credit card dispute resolution team. I spoke to Joyce at accounting and told me that she will need to speak to Steven at Billing to confirm if they want to issue a HARD CHECK mail to me or refund it back to my credit card. I am thinking, there is some kind of scam going on, because, if they issue an HARD CHECK, they will be charged for Credit Card Servicing and processing fees. Which they will not get any refunds on. If I were you, looking to buy any kind of appliance from them, I would not purchase anything from them unless you are going to pick up actual physical item from them. BE AWARE!! Please.

I purchased a 50-inch TV online in March 2014, and as some of the other comments have stated, I, too, received a phone call right after I placed the order. They convinced me to add 2 HDMI cables and a 5-year in-home service warranty. I didn't want any of that, but the guy wouldn't finish my order unless I agreed. He also added a $75 charge for "special white-glove" shipping on top of their "free" shipping. I couldn't believe I fell for all of this (And, on top of all this, they never sent me a confirmation e-mail with all the itemized charges. I asked for this multiple times). The TV was delivered on time and seemed to be new. I had the TV installed, but was told by the installer that I didn't need the HDMI cables that they sold me.

I called Fumfie to tell them I was going to return them, but they told me I couldn't and would not get a refund. I contacted American Express, and after going back and forth for almost a month, Amex finally issued me a credit. After that hassle, I, in the meantime, contacted Fumfie again to send me paperwork for the 5-year service agreement they had "sold" me. I called, left messages, and sent e-mails but to no avail. I then contacted Amex again, and when they contacted Fumfie, Amex was told that a credit had already been issued. But the credit was for the cables, not the service agreement. After another number of weeks, Amex finally agreed to write off the charge. Fumfie is nothing but a bunch of crooks.

I received most of the advertised package, a couple of items were missing, so I called customer service and within 3 Three Business Days I received the missing items, NO PROBLEM!!!!

My experience with Fumfie is so similar to what Diana of Milton, FL posted in her review on Dec. 5, 2014 it is uncanny. Below is the complaint I filed with the BBB on Dec. 12th. Bottom line is if you think you might want to buy something from them, beware .. They are either cunning thieves or completely incompetent businessmen.

I have had nothing but challenges in working with Fumfie for an order I placed over four months ago. I had to select a single issue for the nature of this complaint but I could have easily selected three or four that include advertisement of a product that is not available, bait & switch advertisement, as well as customer support and several billing & collection issues during the apparent refund process that never happened. They never had the refrigerator that I ordered and strung me along for months offering alternative products until we finally agreed to cancel the order and then they never issued a refund. Today, four months after placing my order and being as patient with them as I possibly could, I finally contacted my credit card company who is disputing the charge with Fumfie on my behalf.

I placed an order for a refrigerator from the Fumfie Appliances online store on Aug. 8th. The first interaction with Fumfie should have raised red flags. The order never got processed until Aug. 11th and then I received a strange phone call several days later from someone indicating that the order was in a queue and that I would be contacted in the coming days where I would be provided with shipping information but that it would then take another ten days to arrive. The conversation was odd as the representative came across as awkward and unprofessional. He wanted to make sure that I was aware that they had fourteen business days from Aug. 11th to make this shipment and he seemed a little defensive about their processes even though I didn't make any comments that should raise a defensive tone. On top of that he appeared to be giving me an out to ask for a refund at that time as if he already knew that they would have a problem. I wasn't expecting anything like this conversation. It was just really very odd and left me with an altogether strange feeling about the order.

On Aug. 29th, fourteen business days from the time they processed my order, I reached out to Fumfie to find out what the status was. They let me know that the product was backordered and that they were expecting it in their warehouse any day now. During this conversation the representative made some strange comments which, again, should have raised red flags for me. He said that the refrigerator would ship when they receive it but only if I had not submitted a dispute to my credit card company. I was a little befuddled as to why he would even bring this up at this point because I had not complained at all. It made me wonder if this could be a regular issue for them and they are used to having that kind of conversation with people.

On Sept. 5th I contacted Fumfie again and was presented with a new but similar problem with the order. He said the product was in a secondary warehouse. Are they were waiting for it to land before it could be shipped to me. It all sounded strange but he assured me that I would be compensated for this delay. At that point he offered that I might consider a different refrigerator that they did not have backordered. I politely declined as we really liked the product that we ordered and Fumfie offered it at such a great bargain price. However, that moment stands out to me because I felt like it could be possible that this could be a bait & switch. They offered a great price on a product they can’t actually source and now they might be trying to turn me on to a product that isn't such a great deal.

Over the next two months I contacted Fumfie several times almost every week and they continued to give me similar but lightly evolving excuses. I do have to say that they were generally nice and cordial in their interactions with me but each time they said that it was still delayed and that they had no visibility into when it will arrive. They also continued to reassure me that I would be compensated for the delay. They never said what the compensation might be but I wasn't expecting anything really. A few times they also re-offered that I could select a different refrigerator that they have in stock. Each time I politely declined.

On Oct. 30th I finally resolved that this order was never going to arrive from their apparent secondary warehouse. I called Fumfie and the representative confessed that the issue was that the manufacturer was not shipping the product to Fumfie and it had something to do with the price point. Like most of my conversations with the representatives at Fumfie I could not completely understand the strange explanation he was giving me but I wasn't too concerned at this point because we agreed that they would issue me a refund. I thought the story on Fumfie was ending at this point but little did I know it was just about to begin! I was informed that someone would contact me via e-mail the following week to notify me that the refund was being processed. I should expect this process to take two weeks.

On Nov. 10th I called Fumfie because I had not seen an e-mail notification yet and I wanted to make some clarifications about the process. The representative I spoke to said that the previous process that was communicated to me was not correct that I would not receive an e-mail confirmation of a refund but that they would simply process the refund and that I should expect to receive it by Nov. 19th, if not earlier. Then, like several other conversations, his commentary started to get strange. He kept asking me if I disputed the charge and commented more than once that they are going to process it if there isn’t a dispute.

He said something about using a new processor and also said that they are seeing these notes every time he and I speak. He also strangely added that this was taking longer than he expected which was really strange because we were well inside the two-week window that was communicated to me as the refund wait period. I wrote this note to myself on that day: This has me concerned that he recognizes that there are some other issues that he did not divulge.

Over the next few weeks I called and spoke to Fumfie representatives regularly. Each time I spoke to them I was given a heartfelt promise that they were doing everything they possibly could to get the refund processed. Blame was regularly placed on their billing department as being too busy and then I started getting more bizarre and interesting stories about why the refund was taking so long. More than once the representative was telling me things like how they have to double check, trip check, and go through a process to make sure that I hadn't disputed the charges. Enough with the disputed charges already!

I heard things like how they have to close their books every week so they don’t have time to process my refund. He went on at one point telling that they use fuzzy math and then he took a moment to educate me on fuzzy math, explaining that it is a higher form of mathematics. It would have been comical if it weren't so disturbing. It certainly felt at that point that they would say almost anything to placate me. This was the thought I had going through my head as I hung up from one of these crazy phone calls the billing department was either incompetent or doing this on purpose. Neither of those could be good for their business or customer relationship.

Finally on Dec. 12th I spoke to Fumfie for the final time and it was clear that they had not made the lightest attempt to process my refund. The week prior, on Dec. 5th, I had received a personal promise that this would be processed on or by Dec. 12th that they would see this all the way through. Conversely, however, in my phone call it was obvious that this person I had spoken to many times over the last month was fumbling through the notes, reading up on the status of my refund. He clearly had not looked at this issue since he made this promise the prior week. He asked me again to be patient as he asked billing to make this a number one priority. I asked him to explain to me what a number one priority is and he couldn't even describe what that meant.

He started making bizarre statements again that included things like, “We need to step in via White Knight and do a paradigm shift.” I have no idea what that means! He went on to say that he wants to hold me off from going to American Express to file a dispute but if he can’t get the billing department to budge then he recommended I file the dispute with American Express. I was done waiting. I filed the dispute with AmEx. They indicated that they will be reaching out to Fumfie on my behalf. Thank god for credit protection provided by Amex!

I have been the victim of non-delivery of a product, and then refusal to refund my purchase price. This is on top of false advertising for said product, which they never even had. I purchased a refrigerator from them with my Visa debit card on July 29, 2014 and paid for expedited 7-10 day shipping. I found out after that the refrigerator was never in stock, yet they told me it was on national backorder. Each week they told me it "would be coming in the next week." It never did. I started trying to cancel my order on Oct 3, and was told of new dates for the national backorder to arrive. I attempted to cancel my order multiple times: 10/3, 10/11, 10/24, 10/31 and 11/13. Each time I was told it would be there the following week and was offered extended warranties to not cancel my order. In fact, one of the times I tried canceling was 10/31 and the "warehouse manager" Steve told me that a refrigerator mysteriously showed up and was being sent out to me. 12 days later, nothing.

I made my final cancellation request on 11/13 when Steve admitted that the refrigerator was not coming in and I would be getting a refund along with another extended warranty. When I didn't receive my refund by Dec 1, I contacted them again and was told that "they were having a problem with their credit cards" and that they would be mailing me a check sometime in mid December. Steve told me they have to go through a system of checks and balances, investigations and a lot of other nonsense. I threatened to contact the BBB and he finally called me back and said the check will be in my hands by Dec 5.

Well, it is now Dec 5 and no check. I called again and spoke with Steve. He told me the same garbage again, that the accounting department needs to go through checks and balances and won't send me my refund until they are done. Always one absurd excuse after another. I repeatedly asked to speak to the accounting department and was always told that "they don't speak to people." Bottom line, I have been strung along for 4 months. They've refused to cancel my order. They refuse to issue me a refund. The lie about product availability. They lie about sending out refunds. I am still waiting for my $2595 refund and have enlisted the help of the BBB among other organizations.

I just wanted to warn anyone who is planning to buy anything through www.fumfie.com. I bought a warranty for an audio device I purchased through them (by a pushy salesman....I know I know). When I did, he insisted that the device will be replaced with a new one if it broke. Now it has broken and they will not honor the warranty (still 6 months left in it). www.fumfie.com is a scam. Stay away.

We ordered a stove on 10-11-14. It is now 11-26-14. We were told that their shipping company does not ship to Utah. They wanted another $300 to go on top of the free shipping touted on their website. We looked at the shipping company and also called them. They said they don't ship to Utah, but would for additional money? Not sure how that makes sense? After all, they ship to California from New York, passing through Salt Lake City. We did the math and said we would pay more. We were promised that our product would ship on Nov 9. It did not. We called again and Steve said he would look into it. No return call. We called again and he said he would look into it. No return call. We called again and asked for our money back. They said they would mail a check. Who takes a Visa, pays the Visa charges and then sends back a check eating the Visa fees.

We had to go to our bank and file an affidavit for fraud to get our money back. We cannot get confirmation that a check was mailed back or get them to just credit back our card as promised. When you talk to them, they seem nice and legit, but in the end, they just want to sit on your money and never give you a product or your money back. You would be wise to pass on the "Deal" that they have. It is not real and they will just take your money and not deliver a product. You have been warned!

They lure you in with the lowest prices online. After you buy you receive an email to call and confirm your address. Once you call, a sales rep is pushing you to buy additional items, saying that they are a must. The rep told me that the camera I ordered had a very bad battery and that I must buy a 4-hour battery. He told me the cost is 90$, but he will sell it to me for 50$. Later I saw that this battery goes in Amazon for 15$. Like a sucker I agreed to buy the battery, and when they sent me the invoice for the additional battery, they added tax for the entire purchase (which was supposed to be charged when they charged my PayPal for the camera, in the published low price).

So bottom line, with the tax they hide and charge later, you are paying exactly the same price all other retailers are asking for, plus you buy an extra overpriced item you don't need. And the whole thing works like an oiled scam machine. After I saw the invoice I became suspicious and Googled them. Their reviews are either 5 stars (guess who wrote these reviews) or one star. In their website there is a link to a customer review site (**) giving them 95% positive feedback. They either own this site or wrote all the reviews. I cancelled my order so I don't know if the items are gray market or refurbished like other reviewers suspected.

I made the mistake of ordering a camera set from this company. The same day, I found the same equipment on sale on Amazon.com for almost $200 less and called Fumfie. The agent pulled up the ad on Amazon, and agreed to refund the difference instead of me canceling order. I never got the refund. When I got the equipment, one piece was for another camera system all together. I called and they sent a replacement which I returned unopened by then. Reason: They never processed the difference refund and I was told that the agent's supervisor wouldn't approve it because he didn't do a "screen capture" of the amazon.com sale. I got lied to about three times and finally sent the entire purchase back to them. I was told a refund for the entire amount would be forthcoming. It hasn't. I called, and someone tried to tell me that because a box wasn't in the best of shape when it came back, the refund was not processed. I was told again, after a sales pitch, they would refund the money. It is still on my credit card and I've initiated a charge back on this company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. You have been warned.

Company did not deliver on time. Blamed it on UPS not showing up 2 days in a row for daily pick-up (driver would be fired if that happened). UPS would send another driver if something happened. Then said would next day air it and wanted to charge me. Unreal! Not my fault. Told them to cancel order as I needed it by Friday. Had install scheduled & had to cancel. He wanted the sale & a survey so after promising, IN WRITING, would ship NDA Early AM (installers were willing to squeeze me in 1st thing in the morning), they didn't ship it right for the THIRD TIME! Yes 3!!!

Didn't get the item on time, lost 2 days of work. My UPS driver called me each day to say he doesn't have it, cancelled install. They just lie and lie and lie. I refused the item as it didn't arrive on time. Last Wed was a week since it was delivered to them and they have NOT CREDITED MY ACCOUNT. Said would look into it and never heard back... They just don't do anything right... Took the survey and then owner called me. He didn't like my review but offered nothing. He called again the next day & has now threatened me. Says he is out of pocket for NDA shipping like it's my fault. I wanted to cancel the order in the 1st place. But they sent me in writing they will ship NDA twice. Now tomorrow is 2 weeks and still no credit on my credit card. FRAUDS!!!!!

Check out this website: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cameras/jersey_photo.html. BUT MORE IMPORTANT, check out CNET's Reviews. Don't give them your business. I ordered elsewhere and got it in 2 days in a nice clean box! Lots of other companies out there.

Saturday: Placed an order online for a camera. Paid with Paypal. Monday: Received an email to call for issue with the order. Agent said no problem with order, but did I want to add a 2 or a 4-hour battery. I asked what time span the included battery was. He said 1.5 hours. Like a sucker, I opted for the 4-hour battery for another $30. He asked when do I need the camera. I said I paid for 3-5 day. He said I'd have it by Friday.

Wednesday: I get another email to call about my order. I call and the agent says there's no problem, I'm "good to go". I ask why I received the call. He said he didn't know. Then as if he just discovered the reason, he said that they had received the cameras in one big box. So I would be receiving one in a white box. I said I wanted to cancel my order and asked if it had shipped yet. He said it had not and asked when do you need it by. I reiterated that wanted to cancel. He said I just placed the order on Saturday. I told him that I didn't trust them now and was concerned that the camera would be at the least refurbished if not worse. He said okay, they would refund me. I hope they do. Fortunately I paid with Paypal. After hanging up, I searched the web about them... There are reports everywhere warning about them. DO NOT SHOP THERE.

I have a problem with this seller. I ordered LG washer/dryer combo machine 2 month ago and I still not get it. I spoke with Elliot (customer rep) many times. He promised me that this machine will be delivered. It was a present to my Mom, which they screw. I just want to let other people know that this seller is SWINDLER! They are charging credit card as soon as you order something but not delivering product and using your money for their needs.

Fumfie is total SCAM website. I recently purchased a camera from this website. After few days of carefully reviewing many websites like CNET and Pricegrabber. Both CNET and Pricegrabber suggested that Fumfie had the lowest price. The camera cost $500 than the actual MSRP. So I buy the camera thinking I got an awesome camera for a GREAT price.

After waiting for a week and being really excited to open my camera box, the box was not SEALED. The box did not have any good packaging. It was almost as if my new camera was not really new. Anyway leaving all that aside to confirm if the camera is new or not, I go to the Nikon Website to register my brand new camera. The website could not even detect the serial number. I called up Nikon customer service and they confirm it is from the GRAY Market. Gray Market products have no warranty.

Next day, I call up the Fumfie customer service. The first person who picked the call says they don't sell Gray market products and then I tell them that they have sold one just now. They try to persuade me saying the camera is brand new and that it has warranty but from Fumfie. Not bending down to all these scamsters, I decided to send back my camera and decided to purchase from the suggested retails from Nikon Website. After I returned the product, they saw my reviews online and started harassing me saying they will not return me my money because I wrote bad reviews online. They started telling me there was a restocking fee online and that they will hold the restocking fee and stuff.

I could never connect to them to get the money back and they said they will review the product and get back and never got back!!! Hoping to get my hard earned money back!!!! I really had the worst experience in my life with Fumfie. I am mentally drained by the harassment. I suggest you to go to the Company website to check if they suggest any retails and purchase your electronics from there. I hope this helps someone trying to buy from FUMFIE. PLEASE DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

Fumfie is definitely a scam.The low prices are because the salesman upsell you on cheap accessories like memory cards, or external flashes that cost them pennies. The accessory packages they sell are worthless besides the camera - and if it breaks you'll have a problem getting it serviced - I did. They are NOT authorized sellers: Sunset Electronics on eBay & Amazon, Fumfie.com, Slrhut.co.uk, Outbackphoto.au - All websites ran from the Powershot Photo office. I worked there and know the hustlers. BEWARE!

I purchased a Canon Rebel T3 that was very less priced in www.fumfie.com. But when the order got confirmed, I got an invoice which had $50 more than what the website said. They called and told me about the same battery **. Canon's website claims that we can take around 600 shots with T3 and the agent says that we can only take pictures for 30 minutes. And about the extra $50, they said it's for the insurance which I never signed up for. This is a real fraud website; some legal actions should be taken! After several attempts, I was finally able to cancel my order.

Ordered camera via their website. Was contacted immediately by sales rep that stated the battery that came with the camera only had a 20 minute life fully charged. Upsold me to buy the "extended life" battery and said he was "throwing in" a charger. I was trying to research while on the phone, but didn't have enough time. Told him OK. After I hung up, I started researching the battery and found that he lied so I called (closed of course) and emailed asking for the model #'s of everything. I emailed several times and continued trying to call. No response from them. Emailed every one of their email addresses telling them to cancel the order (just 2 days after and it was a Sunday). Finally called my credit card company to report fraud and they refunded my money.

I ordered online a "new" canon SX210IS digital camera and paid with Visa. A couple of days later, I received a phone call from one of their sales reps and was told that my final price was about $27 higher than the online checkout price, reason being that they require shipping insurance for this item. Their website did not state anything to that effect. The salesman also proceeded to tell me that the canon provided original battery for the camera would only give me about 20 minutes of use on each charge and he then proceeded to sell me an extra battery that he claimed would provide 5 hours of usage.

When I received the product, the item had been previously opened and was damaged, not from shipping. The additional battery he sold me was the same exact rating battery as the one provided with the camera from the manufacturer. Needless to say, I feel I have been deceived and was sold a product that was previously sold or even used and returned.

I ordered a camera, Pentax K7 on 7-31-2010. The order was to be shipped Expedited (3-5 business days). I got the confirmation email and they wanted me to call them for confirmation. When I finally got a rep on the phone, he then told that me I needed a bigger battery. When all was said and done, the 740-dollar camera was over almost 1000 dollars. I was then told that it would arrive the following Tuesday which was 10 days after the initial order. I get the tracking email about 8-6 and the delivery was set for 8-11. In the last call, I expressed my dissatisfaction and the rep gave me a memory card free.

It is now the 11th, and what shows up is the memory card? No camera! In the mean time, I now have a second tracking email for a package the was sent on 8-10 with ground shipping to arrive 8-16. I have no idea what is coming, and if the ordered parts are even in the package.

I purchased a Nikon D3 through a company I was working for at the time with no problems. Then when I got laid off by the company. I ordered my own through the same company, Jersey Photo. Unknowingly, we were told this camera carries a 1 year Nikon Warranty, additionally Jersey Photo, stated they were an authorized Nikon Dealer, which they weren't. It wasn't until recently that we received a call from Nikon stating this camera was a Gray Market Camera after of course, sending it in for repair.

They informed us over the phone that this camera was manufactured by Nikon to be sold in another country. The camera had been sent to Nikon because it stopped working. We would have not known this if it hadn't been for the camera malfunctioning and then it stopped working. I did call Jersey Photo about this problem prior. The memory card system had errors internally; it was unable to recognize any form of a memory card. I was then told by Jersey Photo to take it to Nikon to have it serviced, because of the Nikon Warranty.

This was certainly a mistake by Jersey Photo, which they then stated to me was covered under warranty through a third party warranty center that was also purchased. This however, when explained by Jersey Photo, was a full coverage extended, and accidental insurance coverage with a zero deductible.

I contacted this insurance company, CPS Central, which stated to me that I had to pay shipping costs, any additional fees they may incur during inspection of the product, and then any parts they may have to order. This was of course after calling them and leaving messages several times over a period of a month. I then finally received the deceiving information. This was the second deceiving sale we received, being misled and lied to. The warranty coverage was $750 which was a part of the entire purchase price, for a 5 year coverage.

Both the camera, and warranty were not what we purchased over the phone by the merchant Jersey Photo. They stated one product and sold us an entirely different package. I have a case pending with American Express for a full refund. Buyers beware. Buy from an Authorized Dealer only, and check authenticity through the manufacturer.

Jersey Photo/Fumfie.com Company Profile