3.38/5

80 GoPro Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I got a defective camera that kept giving me a "no card" error with whatever SD card I tried. I went through their phone number and had to spend an hour going through all THEIR steps after I told them all the things I'd tried that were suggested through their website. After another call I had to send them proof of "purchase" which was a pain since it was a gift from my employer. Then I had to wait for them to approve my documentation which they only did after I called THEM back to find out the verdict. They said to send it back, but not the "accessories" - I boxed it up but included the case - that doesn't seem like an accessory to me.

After a week I finally got the replacement - and now I understand! They sent just the naked camera with absolutely NOTHING else - no case, no charging cable, NOTHING. If they had told me that then it would have made sense. Now, will I be able to get any satisfaction and how much MORE time will I have to spend? I am ticked at this whole process which has taken two weeks so far. You can't talk to them by email - you have to CALL and during limited hours.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I had, and I say had because it is somewhere between Cancun and Belize by now, a Hero5 black. I had the Hero5 in a Super Suit with a red lens. I hooked all of this to a GoPole made by GoPro. The GoPole handle is garbage..the strap that is on the end of the handle is attached by a plastic screw that twists into the handle. It is not visible that it is attached in this manner. It looks like a loop made on there. While you are swimming the screw backs out and you lose your camera. The second thing is,,, it doesn't float like they say it does. We circled the area looking for the bright yellow handle for almost 20 to 30 minutes.. it was not on the surface. GoPro accepts ZERO responsibility for their poor design on the handle.. Buyers... Beware.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I bought a GoPro because they were supposed to be reliable and just after a year of owning one it won't connect properly to my computer (It is a very obvious problem with the camera itself). They very rudely refuse returns until you buy an adapter for an SD card which I cannot afford. Whatever has happened to customer service with this company needs to be fixed.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I don't know what happened to GoPro but their customer service and product PLUMMETED!!! The camera IS NOT WATERPROOF!!!! It is false advertisement!!! When you try to call for customer support, you absolutely CANNOT GET A HOLD OF ANYONE. They will only transfer you to someone who barely speaks English who can only waste about an hour of your time following their step by step customer service and get nowhere. Then they blame you that the camera is defective. READ OTHER REVIEWS!! THEIR CAMERA WILL NOT GO UNDERWATER AS ADVERTISED. My brand new GoPro Hero 5 Black couldn't even go past 10 feet without the pressure pushing in all the buttons. My case was 100% sealed and closed but the pressure was like squeezing a soda can so water got into the case. GoPro will not take care of you. Don't waste $300 for them to steal with their false advertisement!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

The only reason they got one star is because I couldn't give them less. The worst customer service ever! Outsourced to another country with limited comprehension and understanding. I ordered a camera and it was dropped at my door (allegedly), but I never received it. I called and opened an investigation. Took 6 working days for them to tell me it was delivered at my door. I called them again and had to reopen the investigation. Took 5 days for them to tell me it shows that it was delivered to my door... AGAIN!

I couldn't get to a supervisor, a manager, or anyone in the Continental USA to talk to that could reason this out with me. They reopened the investigation AGAIN.... REALLY??? So I contacted UPS and started my own investigation with them. So I contacted my CC company and started an investigation with them. I WILL SCREAM TO THE ROOFTOPS, <><> DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT <><>. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR A COMPANY AS BIG AS GO PRO.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoPro?

Original review: July 30, 2019

Had to cancel the order immediately after placing it. Confirmed with customer support that order is cancelled on Monday. I, therefore, went ahead and ordered from another company. The following Tuesday GoPro ships my order anyway. Spent two hours with customer support and no help at all. Requested a refund but not getting any help.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I bought a GoPro hero 7 black last month for our trip from GoPro.com. Out of the box the device is not working properly. I'm getting blank screen, you need to remove the battery in order to make the device work again. I was trying to return the device but they said I'm out of the 30 day return policy, even though I had a pending case with the issue 7 days before the 30 day no return policy. So I went ahead and took the offer for warranty replacement. Mailed the device June 24 and from that date I have not received any info regarding the replacement. Today is July 11, 2019, I called GoPro and they said they received the camera July 2nd. And according to the agent he needs to escalate the case because there is no resolution yet or replacement for my warranty claim. Please look for another alternative when looking to buy one of this. Broken out of the box, 3 weeks of warranty claim without resolution. Sucks!

Original review: July 9, 2019

The GoPro camera might be good but connecting to it from my Android phone is an absolute nightmare. In the 1st place, the software requires location services to be on! Why?! After you give up another piece of your privacy to use a $400 camera you bought, the software refuses to make a connection 90% of the time and is absolutely intermittent during the other 10%. Their help desk is a joke (almost literally, because, while i'm stressing about the difficulty of using their products, I can hear the help desk staff laughing and joking about my situation in the background). They tell you the same nonsense over and over... "reset the connection to your camera," "use another devices," etc but offer no solutions after several calls lasting over 10 hours. I would rather toss my money in the Hudson than buy another GoPro product!

Original review: July 6, 2019

I’ve sent out my GoPro for almost a month now and they have not sent me a confirmation for a new device and every time I would call the “SYSTEM IS DOWN” and they been telling me the same thing OVER AND OVER!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I received my GoPro Hero 7 Black in May, and was capturing some wonderful family footage. I was constantly, to the detriment of my uncaring friends, bragging about this little cameras amazing abilities, and posting hundreds of photos on social media. Then the battery housing door malfunctioned. I was devastated, but, cordially obliged to replace the unit, and promised that it 10 days to get a new one. After the 10 days, still no camera. When I contacted customer service, they stated that there was a "warehouse outage," and that they couldn't process any orders. It's now been a full month, and still no GoPro. Every time I contact support it's the same story, "the warehouse has an outage, and we have no clue when it will be back online." My summer vacation is quickly coming to an end, and unfortunately I wasn't able to capture many of its best moments, and I fear, I won't get to capture any of it at all. I'm very disappointed.

GoPro expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoPro manufactures action cameras that give amateur photographers access to professional photography angles. They are mountable and are built for versatile use in extreme conditions.

• GoPro Hero: The Hero line of GoPro cameras is the main fixture of the company. These cameras can be outfitted with a number of mounts that cater to the user’s activity.

• GoPro community: Due to GoPro’s popularity, there are a wealth of uploaded user videos and photographs to give consumers an idea of what GoPro offers. There are also numerous apps and devices that work with GoPro cameras from third-party manufacturers. GoPro’s website has a comprehensive list of these devices.

• Omni sphere array: The GoPro Omni is a spherical camera array designed to capture 360-degree footage. These spherical videos can be experienced in GoPro VR, a virtual reality program in development to work with VR headsets.

• App support: The GoPro App works with laptops and mobile devices to edit and share photos and videos as well as to control the user’s GoPro camera remotely. Other apps, like GoPro Quik and GoPro Splice, simplify the editing process for a more user-friendly experience.

• Karma drone: Currently in development is GoPro’s Karma drone. The drone will give the user access to an aerial perspective, and the device is reported to shoot footage in 4K high definition.

• Best for: GoPro is best for athletes and active users who want to record sports and other activities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs