3.57/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

GoPro

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

GoPro Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Absolute worst customer service. I was so excited to get my GoPro two months ago, I'm a professional fisherman and couldn't wait to upgrade from the other brand camera I was using....huge mistake. Just testing the Hero 7 black in my hotel room caused the camera to overheat. Even fried the battery and shorted the connections in the camera. I bought it specifically for a big overseas tour I'm starting next week and gopro customer service is unable to get me a replace camera in time, will not compensate me for my time, can't upgrade me to a camera that doesn't have this issue, NOTHING has been done to make it right. They can't even refund my purchase because I didn't buy from their website.

I will be getting rid of the replacement camera ASAP, even if I have to throw it in the trash and I will certainly be going with another brand of action camera. There are entirely too many bugs with this camera, they should never have released it. I for one am extremely disappointed and you can bet that I'll be making an announcement to my 874,317 followers on YouTube.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought the Hero 7 Black at Best Buy. Took it to Maui so I could get videos and pictures of my kids. Took the camera to the pool, got some pictures and videos taken in the pool. When we went to upload pictures camera was soaked in water and camera was dead. So the whole trip I used my phone to take pictures our our Maui trip. I got back home and took camera back to Best Buy. They exchanged for me. I used the new GoPro Hero 7 Black in our swimming pool and same thing happened. Camera died from water damage. At this point I was out of the exchange and return period at Best Buy. I contacted GoPro Customer Service. He did not understand anything I was saying. Got my email incorrect, got my name incorrect, it was worthless calling them. GoPro pretty much said you are SOL. I lost $400 on this deal. Never buy a GoPro ever again. I AM SURPRISED THIS COMPANY IS STILL AROUND.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I went to the Utah State Fair rodeo. The rodeo starts at 7 so it's under the lights. I went two days in a row. The first day I forgot my GoPro and use my Samsung note 9. The next day I was excited to go try out my new GoPro. Found the perfect spot to set up shot some action. Was pretty excited. I knew that they had a fun motorcycle show at the end of the rodeo. The battery didn't last very long so I decided to wait for the motorcycle show.

The motorcycle show comes and I record the whole thing. The audio sounds phenomenal but the video's nothing but a series of blotches, skipped frames, missing parts and pieces and a complete and utter waste of my time. I have been looking for reasons both causes and settings and I found nothing satisfactory to convince me that this camera will function while I'm skiing. I have a few more days to dig into it and all I can say is thank God I bought it at Costco and it will be going back. Thank you Costco for being such an awesome store.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

The Hero7 Black is junk. Keeps freezing and disconnects the remote. The support and customer service is even worse. I am now on my 3rd Hero7 from them that does not work. GoPro refused to refund my money for the Hero7 that never worked properly so I contacted the CA Attorney Generals Office and they made Go Pro give me a refund within about 2 weeks. I suggest, if you do not have luck with Go Pro's customer service you do the same. Maybe GoPro will learn to treat their customers better. https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

After the first GoPro 5 took a dump after month 5 the screen wouldn't turn on the 2nd took a dump at month 3. It wouldn't download all the files or refused to connect after many tries. Both cameras would get crazy hot so much that you couldn't hold them when charging or connected to a computer. The customer services sucks since they all tell the same the story and try to blame it on an sd card or software computer problems.

They don't care that you spent your hard earned money and time to deal with crap. They are a 3rd party based out of the Philippines so naturally they don't care. They're just going their job and reading off a screen. In the end they don't issues refunds after 30 days and want you to troubleshoot it or get a replacement because they are cheap to make. They don't want to let go your money and to continue with the problems because it's legal. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from this crap and save your time, money and mind. DJI here I come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoPro?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I got a defective camera that kept giving me a "no card" error with whatever SD card I tried. I went through their phone number and had to spend an hour going through all THEIR steps after I told them all the things I'd tried that were suggested through their website. After another call I had to send them proof of "purchase" which was a pain since it was a gift from my employer. Then I had to wait for them to approve my documentation which they only did after I called THEM back to find out the verdict. They said to send it back, but not the "accessories" - I boxed it up but included the case - that doesn't seem like an accessory to me.

After a week I finally got the replacement - and now I understand! They sent just the naked camera with absolutely NOTHING else - no case, no charging cable, NOTHING. If they had told me that then it would have made sense. Now, will I be able to get any satisfaction and how much MORE time will I have to spend? I am ticked at this whole process which has taken two weeks so far. You can't talk to them by email - you have to CALL and during limited hours.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I had, and I say had because it is somewhere between Cancun and Belize by now, a Hero5 black. I had the Hero5 in a Super Suit with a red lens. I hooked all of this to a GoPole made by GoPro. The GoPole handle is garbage..the strap that is on the end of the handle is attached by a plastic screw that twists into the handle. It is not visible that it is attached in this manner. It looks like a loop made on there. While you are swimming the screw backs out and you lose your camera. The second thing is,,, it doesn't float like they say it does. We circled the area looking for the bright yellow handle for almost 20 to 30 minutes.. it was not on the surface. GoPro accepts ZERO responsibility for their poor design on the handle.. Buyers... Beware.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I bought a GoPro because they were supposed to be reliable and just after a year of owning one it won't connect properly to my computer (It is a very obvious problem with the camera itself). They very rudely refuse returns until you buy an adapter for an SD card which I cannot afford. Whatever has happened to customer service with this company needs to be fixed.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I don't know what happened to GoPro but their customer service and product PLUMMETED!!! The camera IS NOT WATERPROOF!!!! It is false advertisement!!! When you try to call for customer support, you absolutely CANNOT GET A HOLD OF ANYONE. They will only transfer you to someone who barely speaks English who can only waste about an hour of your time following their step by step customer service and get nowhere. Then they blame you that the camera is defective. READ OTHER REVIEWS!! THEIR CAMERA WILL NOT GO UNDERWATER AS ADVERTISED. My brand new GoPro Hero 5 Black couldn't even go past 10 feet without the pressure pushing in all the buttons. My case was 100% sealed and closed but the pressure was like squeezing a soda can so water got into the case. GoPro will not take care of you. Don't waste $300 for them to steal with their false advertisement!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

The only reason they got one star is because I couldn't give them less. The worst customer service ever! Outsourced to another country with limited comprehension and understanding. I ordered a camera and it was dropped at my door (allegedly), but I never received it. I called and opened an investigation. Took 6 working days for them to tell me it was delivered at my door. I called them again and had to reopen the investigation. Took 5 days for them to tell me it shows that it was delivered to my door... AGAIN!

I couldn't get to a supervisor, a manager, or anyone in the Continental USA to talk to that could reason this out with me. They reopened the investigation AGAIN.... REALLY??? So I contacted UPS and started my own investigation with them. So I contacted my CC company and started an investigation with them. I WILL SCREAM TO THE ROOFTOPS, <><> DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT <><>. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR A COMPANY AS BIG AS GO PRO.

GoPro expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoPro manufactures action cameras that give amateur photographers access to professional photography angles. They are mountable and are built for versatile use in extreme conditions.

• GoPro Hero: The Hero line of GoPro cameras is the main fixture of the company. These cameras can be outfitted with a number of mounts that cater to the user’s activity.

• GoPro community: Due to GoPro’s popularity, there are a wealth of uploaded user videos and photographs to give consumers an idea of what GoPro offers. There are also numerous apps and devices that work with GoPro cameras from third-party manufacturers. GoPro’s website has a comprehensive list of these devices.

• Omni sphere array: The GoPro Omni is a spherical camera array designed to capture 360-degree footage. These spherical videos can be experienced in GoPro VR, a virtual reality program in development to work with VR headsets.

• App support: The GoPro App works with laptops and mobile devices to edit and share photos and videos as well as to control the user’s GoPro camera remotely. Other apps, like GoPro Quik and GoPro Splice, simplify the editing process for a more user-friendly experience.

• Karma drone: Currently in development is GoPro’s Karma drone. The drone will give the user access to an aerial perspective, and the device is reported to shoot footage in 4K high definition.

• Best for: GoPro is best for athletes and active users who want to record sports and other activities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs