Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5

GoPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoPro?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoPro?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

It's a Amazing products for vlogger which provides very High quality video performance which is very useful. Quality voice is very high. Didn't face any difficultly till now. Really easy work officially. Its show personal touch which very also. Best part of this application that it was free of cost. Great UI with great interface.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

It is an amazing camera, captures the essence of what I record or snap quick pictures. It has great shape to easily store in your pocket, it has a remote so you don't have to touch the camera when you place it at the angle you want. It is overall a fantastic camera.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I've had my GoPro for five years. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that I paid a premium price for it. Prices have come down since then and quality gone up. Customer service is great. Durable. Waterproof. Easy to upload onto the web. Stays on my body tenaciously.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I was very pleased with the service! I like to choose products and services! The camera is super! Be sure that when you start using the services or products, you will be convinced that this is exactly what is right for you! Very convenient and high quality! And the main thing that I liked the most was the speed! Everything was fast! I didn't even have time to think! How I have already received my service! My experience is my wealth!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

The GoPro is very nice camera for vlogging and for recording something while doing adventurous things. I want to buy the latest version of this so I can achieve my goals as soon as possible. The Go pro is small and it is capable for recording very high quality of videos.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I am having issues with Dual Battery Charger from day one where battery placed in bank ONE is losing connection with charging leads over time during charging cycle. Issue is intermittent and can happen 20, 30, 40, 50 mins into the charging cycle. I explained this to rep I chatted with (Jason) but he insisted that I provide the video showing the exact issue. I have tried explaining this in several different ways that the issue is intermittent and I don’t know when it will happen next and if it will happen at all this time but it seems that the battery in bank one every now and then will lose connection and pop out just enough to lose contact with charging leads and it will need to be re-seated to resume charging.

Long story short I ended up calling GoPro and was told pretty much the same over the phone by a different rep. After a good 30 minutes of talking, GoPro rep on the phone agreed to create RMA so I can send it back for a refund. ALL I WANTED WAS TO CREATE EXCHANGE SO I WILL RECEIVE NEW/REPLACEMENT UNIT AND SEND THIS ONE BACK. Very frustrated policy. Next time I will pay few dollars more and order it from Amazon. Did I mention I purchased the charger directly from GoPro website two weeks ago!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

My Wife and Kids bought me the GoPro Hero 9 Black online for Christmas. They purchased the subscription and accessory package. They specifically bought the 9 because they wanted me to have "the latest and greatest." I used it 2-3 times, it stopped connecting to my computer and wouldn't charge the battery. After several calls/chats with customer support, GoPro sent me another cable which didn't work. Then they instructed me to return the camera for an exchange. I returned the camera to GoPro and received confirmation via tracking they received it.

I've been waiting over 3 weeks and still no replacement camera. Get run-around every time I call. I've been told the camera is in quarantine for 7-10 "working days." (They don't count weekends as quarantine days... What?!) Customer support continues to tell me they have "sent a request to the warehouse." It appears that "the warehouse" has to "check in the returned camera," verify it, then ship out the replacement. Every time I call for an update I receive the same response. I've even been told "Our team already sent a request to the warehouse to expedite the processing." But STILL no camera, and NO indication when I will receive it.

I've dealt with two supposedly "supervisors" and two customer support "leads" and still can't get a straight answer as to when I can expect my camera. If you decide to purchase a GoPro camera and have to exchange it for any reason, I can only hope your experience isn't like mine. If you can find a competitor product, I would highly suggest you consider it.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I love my GoPro! It's perfect for how adventurous I am. I always bring it with me hiking to capture any random things that might happen. I also do a bit of blogging and it's really nice for that as well.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Was on a trip, GoPro corrupted the SD card. Called support, gave me the test with other SD cards run, I told them I do not have a similar sized SD card. They said that is the only way to test. After frustration I asked for an RMA. Few days later I decided to not go through with the RMA, but got an email that the subscription was cancelled. I called to ask for my account to be reactivated, they said they cannot do that, and I have to return the camera. I shipped the camera, and before it was even delivered, I got the refund. So I called asking if they can send the camera back, and they said, "No we cannot do that."

My experience with them has been very low quality customer service. The representatives obviously do not care about resolving issues. Sounds like some offshore outsourced low paid service. Always no to anything. When I asked to talk to someone with authority I was placed on hold indefinitely. The product is extremely unreliable. Avoid dealing with this company by all means.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I've owned Gopro for a while now. There are some unique photographic opportunities that are in Gopros wheelhouse. Situations where water is involved (such as diving, surfing and snorkeling) are perfect for Gopro. The limitations are due to limited capabilities to fine tune settings. Also with a relatively fixed lens, long distance shots are limited. However the overall ruggedness of the unit makes it a very good choice when doing projects where camera may get bumped, dropped or otherwise abused.

GoPro author review by ConsumerAffairs

GoPro manufactures action cameras that give amateur photographers access to professional photography angles. They are mountable and are built for versatile use in extreme conditions.

• GoPro Hero: The Hero line of GoPro cameras is the main fixture of the company. These cameras can be outfitted with a number of mounts that cater to the user’s activity.

• GoPro community: Due to GoPro’s popularity, there are a wealth of uploaded user videos and photographs to give consumers an idea of what GoPro offers. There are also numerous apps and devices that work with GoPro cameras from third-party manufacturers. GoPro’s website has a comprehensive list of these devices.

• Omni sphere array: The GoPro Omni is a spherical camera array designed to capture 360-degree footage. These spherical videos can be experienced in GoPro VR, a virtual reality program in development to work with VR headsets.

• App support: The GoPro App works with laptops and mobile devices to edit and share photos and videos as well as to control the user’s GoPro camera remotely. Other apps, like GoPro Quik and GoPro Splice, simplify the editing process for a more user-friendly experience.

• Karma drone: Currently in development is GoPro’s Karma drone. The drone will give the user access to an aerial perspective, and the device is reported to shoot footage in 4K high definition.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team