Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

GoPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoPro?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoPro?

Original review: July 6, 2020

I do this review to alert everyone who does not buy the GoPro camera on the company's website! They trick you with different promotions that don't make sense and don't deliver the products they claim to contain in the package displayed on the website. See, I bought a GoPro Hero8 black in trade-in with my old GoPro4 camera to get a $100.00 discount! After placing the order and sending my camera, the delivery time for the new camera was 15 days! I only received the Hero8 black camera without the battery and the 32gb SD card that were free on the website. The price paid was $299.99 + tax, totaling $319.49! Immediately I saw on the Amazon and Ebay website that the same camera without the need for trade-in and with battery and SD card of 64gb was for $299.00 including taxes and shipping!

I was disgusted and turned on the GoPro and returned the camera and requested a refund! However, my camera sent in trade-in never returned and said that they could not return due to the GoPro rule. A fake company, which puts false promotions on the website and confuses the customer, where support is terrible on the phone! Stay tuned, don't buy from GoPro, an unreliable company!

Original review: June 19, 2020

So....just found out that even though the service for GoPro Plus, which is a monthly cost of around $5 dollars and they say that there are no questions asked, they are charging me an extra $40 for some BS they are saying for processing. Now, if they had reached out to me and told me this was the case...I wouldn't have been happy but would have known before I just saw a charge added. Do not get this program and hope that your GoPro doesn't have issues like mine, which actually started from the beginning which is another story in itself. Stay away and do not buy a GoPro! So far very, very dissatisfied in this product, customer service and generally overall.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

GoPro! Do not Buy from their website, they are a bunch of cheaters and liars. I tried to cancel my order because they could not deliver what was promised. They do not cancel orders and their customer service is less than ZERO. After a week of waiting for my paid 2 day delivery with GoPro, I called customer service and asked where my product was. I was on hold for 30 minutes before they told me that it was in their warehouse but they do not have a memory chip as part of the package. I informed them that I needed it right away, which is why I PAID for expedited service!

They told me they couldn't cancel my order because it was ready for shipping! First LIE. They just told me it was in their warehouse. They told me that Customer Service would be escalated and they would return to me in 48 hours. Second LIE. I was not contacted, I was emailed 3 days later! They told me on that email that the item was shipped! Third Lie! The item was not even picked up by UPS until another 2 days later! I have the tracking you idiots! And today, almost 2 full weeks after I tried to buy it online, they Charged Me, TODAY, so they have been holding onto my credit card information this whole time!

If you must buy a GoPro, get it from BestBuy, they have it in store, and will curbside pick-up. And if somethings wrong, you can return it or cancel the order! Do not use GoPro.com. And by the way, They are Rated a D- on the BBB (Better Business Bureau), all complaints on there, for the same reason as above!

Original review: June 16, 2020

I placed an order on GoPro for a gooseneck and jaws. I used my credit card to make the purchase. As I was travelling and the delivery date was extended past my departure date I contacted GoPro and cancelled the order. I received an email confirming the cancellation. Perfect. Thank you GoPro. Two days later I was advised by email that your order has been shipped by UPS. I received notification that the parcel would be delivered within 2 days. I postponed my departure to be sure I could get the parcel. On the due date UPS informed me that the parcel was delivered. However, when I went to pick it up no parcel had been delivered.

GoPro debited my account, so, now no goods and no money. My complaint to GoPro customer service was a total waste of time. They advised that as the goods had been shipped my argument was with UPS and not GoPro. They apologised for the problem their warehouse had caused but refused a credit unless I sent them back the now missing goods. They refused to chase up UPS and said it was my job. All their excuses were contrary to the clear product return policy stated on their website. Please be careful if you plan to buy from GoPro as their after sales service is non-existent. I will buy through Amazon in future, at least they support their customers.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I wanted to give my son the newest Hero8 so I decided to trade up my Hero5, barely used it, maybe three or four times at the most, so I embarked in the process and GoPro asked me to send it in and once they receive it they will take up to 14 days to send me the new one, Hero8 going for $399 - $100 for the trade up, I would end up paying $299. I thought it was ok since I really don't use it and would be a nice present for my son.

Yesterday, 06/07, I walked into a Costco and they have a GoPro Hero8 Bundle for sale at $289, I can buy the same and more for less money and keep my Hero5, I have been all day on the phone with GoPro, they're saying they're not returning my Hero5 even if I cancel the order and even if I put a stop through my bank, they haven't charged anything to my credit card yet so legally speaking, a transaction hasn't taken place.... GoPro is basically stealing my camera. Nothing was resolved so I have reached out to the CA State Attorney Office and they will be reaching out to GoPro on my behalf.... Sad a company like GoPro is becoming part of history.

Original review: May 21, 2020

‪When I update my Karma Drone, then the software causes a fly away which results in a total loss. I would have appreciated to get details from the flight log, but I guess there is a reason you hide those, so customers can't find out that you screwed up.‬ I loose my equipment and since I can't prove anything without data you encrypt, you can keep doing it. Pretending that your interested in your customers satisfaction and stealing hours of my time describing every little detail, then just close my case without giving me access to the analysis of those logs does only make it worse.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I ordered the HERO8 package for a birthday gift and the delivery date was missed on the 6th. I presumed it would show up the 7th, but that did not happen. At first, GoPro argued with me that it was delivered, which is not what the UPS tracking showed. It showed it wasn't even attempted. I kept an eye on the tracking. I'm in Maryland and UPS tracking showed it was here on the 6th right down the street. Then two days later, California. Then, they did not know where it was and I emailed them to begin an investigation since their live customer phone support is down due to COVID-19. UPS could not find it ultimately after a claim was started, and I was in consistent contact with GoPro customer service. The ONLY response I keep getting is about how the "warehouse" will notify me of changes. I never got a single email or call from the warehouse.

Today I spoke with UPS and they finalized the investigation into my package, and declared it officially lost. I requested a call through the GoPro website to make sure they were on top of this information. No one called me back. Finally, I gave up on the call and I got on chat - AGAIN. When I offered to submit a picture showing UPS had completed the investigation, the agent ignored it claiming UPS was still investigating it, until I asked to speak to a manager (which he never switched me to either). Turns out, they can send you a link to upload pictures or files when you have an open case. So I sent the agent the screenshot proving UPS has closed the investigation on it and it was declared lost. He said he would send it to the warehouse.

In each GoPro Customer Support interaction, I have asked for timelines from the warehouse. Each time I was told they can't give a timeline. I keep being told the warehouse is doing an investigation and needs to "gather the information." What investigation? It's all online when you type in the tracking number and look at the claim details. This takes under 30 seconds. The box is declared a loss by the shipping company! ALL I am asking for is for it to be shipped out again - that is it.

I spent hundreds of dollars with this company and customer service is an absolute joke. They don't have any reassurance, they aren't willing to offer up information, there's no timelines - they just have your money and you have nothing to show for it. Also, why on earth is EVERY response to asking for order assistance through their customer support chat always to result in a warehouse contact? Are they just messenger middlemen with no answers? How is this useful? Answer - it isn't. I would NEVER have ordered directly from them if I knew I'd be out $500 with no answers, no camera, and a bunch of time wasted trying to deal with their incompetent "customer service."

Original review: May 4, 2020

To be honest I did not expect such poor customer service from GoPro. The customer service team is not knowledgeable, provides incorrect information and rude. Never ordering from this site ever again! The most frustrating shopping experience I've ever had!

Original review: May 4, 2020

GoPro is unprofessional and does not stand by their own product. I must say I'm quite shocked a big named company will not do anything for me due to the fact that I can not submit a proof of purchase because it was gifted to me. My first Gopro brand new out of the box! It comes to me with an SD card issue. During set up they ask for the serial number of the camera to register it. That alone should let you guys that it's a brand new camera. You would think a professional company would stand by their product and be willing to resolve the issue to gain another customer. Especially for the fact that it's a brand new camera. You guys sent it to me defective. I didn't do it! This is my first experience with Go Pro and I have waited a long time for it. Only to have all the excitement be a bust when right out of the box it has a sd card issue.

So now I have to jump through hoops to reach someone and let them know what's going on. Only for them to tell me that if I can not submit a proof of purchase then they can't do anything for me. Seriously!? It's a brand new camera! It's not like I was asking for money back or wanted to be compensated for it. I just simply wanted the product that you guys manufacture to be working properly right out of the box. I understand that ** happens but when I can't even get it repaired or replaced I must say it's very disappointing. A real professional company would repair or replace it no matter what. Proof of purchase or not. If it's their name on the product then they will stand by it. Not Gopro! I finally get something that I have been wanting for a long time now all for this to be my first experience of this company. I will share my experience with anyone thinking about purchasing a GoPro camera in the future, or in my case a brand new fancy paper weight.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I have never experienced a "service" more faulty. It is slower to upload than anything I have seen since dial-up in the 90s. You cannot bulk upload despite what they advertise. Support cannot even trouble shoot why and you wait forever or the tech to ultimately be unhelpful. And then they lied about giving a free trial and instead pro-rate your fee. I was a loyal GoPro user until this experience (over 10 years). And they do not offer discounts on anything people actually want like batteries. I do not know what the execs are thinking. I guess saving the $50 was more important to this company than a customer who spends a few hundred a year. Use DJI or another camera.

GoPro author review by ConsumerAffairs

GoPro manufactures action cameras that give amateur photographers access to professional photography angles. They are mountable and are built for versatile use in extreme conditions.

• GoPro Hero: The Hero line of GoPro cameras is the main fixture of the company. These cameras can be outfitted with a number of mounts that cater to the user’s activity.

• GoPro community: Due to GoPro’s popularity, there are a wealth of uploaded user videos and photographs to give consumers an idea of what GoPro offers. There are also numerous apps and devices that work with GoPro cameras from third-party manufacturers. GoPro’s website has a comprehensive list of these devices.

• Omni sphere array: The GoPro Omni is a spherical camera array designed to capture 360-degree footage. These spherical videos can be experienced in GoPro VR, a virtual reality program in development to work with VR headsets.

• App support: The GoPro App works with laptops and mobile devices to edit and share photos and videos as well as to control the user’s GoPro camera remotely. Other apps, like GoPro Quik and GoPro Splice, simplify the editing process for a more user-friendly experience.

• Karma drone: Currently in development is GoPro’s Karma drone. The drone will give the user access to an aerial perspective, and the device is reported to shoot footage in 4K high definition.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team