1.96/5
Based on 45 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

45 GoPro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my 77 Years. I entered into a deal for a camera trade up. They billed wrong amount. Too Much. Call customer service Manilla - won't give USA phone no, can hardly understand - Spent at least 5 hours on phone trying to resolve problem. They Asked 5 different times for credit card info, Double Billed. Finally had to cancel card and file a fraud Complaint -- Deal with at your own risk. When I asked For my camera back they had me shipped to them and a refund they refused on both accounts.

The only reason I gave them 1 Star rating is that They don't Have anything worse -- Still trying to get my credit card account back in order and new card. Try and get a USA phone number is impossible. Finally got a refund but I was $100 short, Don't know if I will ever see it. Can't talk to anyone but idiots in Manilla and all they do is tell you, they don't handle that - is handled by a different department, but then, in very broken English won't give you any other number to call.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I recently called GoPro to ask some questions about the Hero 7 black camera. I had a Hero 3+ that I used to shoot underwater while diving and was considering upgrading. The man I spoke with on the phone didn't seem to know what he was doing but was able to look things up. He assumed I was going to purchase and proceeded to ask me questions about ordering. I decided to go ahead and place an order; a decision I now regret. He couldn't figure out how to place the order and it took approx. 1 hr. Then the camera arrived and there was a hole in the plastic packaging case and it was missing a user manual. I suspect it was one that someone else had returned. There was also no SD card. Their website that I was looking at while placing the order clearly said a free SD card with all orders. I called to complain and got someone who began to read a script to me.

She kept repeating it telling me an SD card was not included. I asked for a supervisor and she began to talk over me not listening to anything I was saying. She kept teling me a supervisor was just going to tell me the same thing. I finally got angry and demanded she connect me to a supervisor. She put me on hold and came back after 5-10 minutes to inform me her supervisor had gone home and there was nobody else I could talk to. UNBELIEVABLE! So I wrote a complaint on their feedback page on the website requesting a response. 10 days have passed and NO RESPONSE. Worst customer relations experience of my life. As others have said, do yourself a favor and give your business to another company; any other company!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I ordered a GoPro on December 19th. My son has yet to receive it. I call GoPro multiple times and keep getting the runaround. ABSOLUTE customer service. I paid $400 for the GoPro 7 and have nothing to show for it!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

First I could not get the camera to pair with my computer. After spending 2 hours on the phone realized that the page had taken my phone nickname and used it as my email address (this can not be changed) so I had to create another account using my wife's email. Then could not get past the verification page. Would not get past this part so I cannot watch video even on my phone until I get an HDMI cable. They just do not listen. No matter what they tell you they just repeat like you're an idiot. So now I have a camera that I cannot use or view the video almost 4 hours and 3 phone calls later.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

10 days going back and forth telling us that they send to UPS for deliver but UPS say they didn't receive anything, calling them twice daily - it's so unprofessional.

Then to top it all off - they tell you for a refund it takes up to 14 working days!! What the hell is this company. All workers say different things - the company is in bits! Do not bother!!! Buy from another website! Avoid at all times. Melanie & Jelo offer the worst customer service ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoPro?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

On June 29 2018 I purchased a new GoPro Karma package with Hero6. On 10 27 the drone went crazy and dropped in the lake. My wife filed the paperwork on the claim and we have been put off now for weeks with excuses. Today they say they don’t see why it crashed and will not cover it. This is nothing more than a scam. They take your money but do not cover your losses. I will be contacting our state's Attorney general. Do yourself a favor, buy a different brand!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I still have the warranty for my GoPro Karma drone. There is an issue with my battery and I simply cannot turn on the device due to that. When I had a chat with GoPro, they are stating that they cannot send me the battery due to restrictions in Asia. We have GoPro retailers as well in Sri Lanka. They say that they cannot do anything about this? Even I cannot order it online. What am I suppose to do? Throw away the drone due to some battery technical issue while I still haven't used it not more than 10 times. What is the purpose of my warranty? I'm really disappointed on GoPro being a such big company and not being able to solve this issue for me. All my money on this drone is wasted. I would really appreciate if someone could help me with situation.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I ordered GoPro Hero 7 Silver on 10/31/2018. The total was $124.49 with the trade up program and coupon code. I sent my digital camera for the trade up program. After few days the status changed to shipped and they charged me $217. I called them why they charged me $217 and they replied this is the price it should be. I told them I have the email and screenshot of the order which clearly say $124.49 and they said, "we cannot do anything." I told them, "If you cannot honor the price I ordered the camera then I will be returning it." And they said, "Ok return it but we will be not sending your digital camera which you sent for the trade-up." Now I have lost my digital camera which I had bought for $150 year ago and they are not honoring the price on which I ordered the GoPro camera. I have never had this experience with any other company. I will never be ordering anything from GoPro again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Where to start! Parcel was lost by UPS and no one care to do anything about it! I had to call GoPro support line 2x a day to get an update and kept hearing "it's under review" which is really frustrating when you have almost £300 to be reimbursed and no gift for my bf bday -> so no money, no gift and an horrible customer service that didn't care about my issue. Also the support line is only available until 5 pm UK time - a joke when compared with the 24h from other websites. I haven't tested the product yet. (Hopefully one day the parcel will be delivered!) But honestly cannot recommend their helpline or sales. I am not sure why I didn't order from Amazon, where I know it always works (Prime is amazing!) and the customer services is really good!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had a bad experience with my GoPro Hero 6. It go water in the battery compartment at the first encounter with the water. The customer service sent me a replacement camera. It takes like 3 weeks to get it. Then noticed that this camera was defective, the video would record making weird lines. Called and they sent me a second replacement. Long story short... The third replacement camera is also defective, and I'm still dealing with customer service. They won't issue a refund and all replacement cameras are of an awful quality. Take good care of your original camera. It is not waterproof.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I purchased a GoPro Hero 6 Black and 3 additional accessories. Their website stated that all GoPro Camera's include an SD Card, which I never received. After calling their customer service, they said that since I used my Student Discount, I was not eligible to receive an SD card. Not the end of the world, but this is my first bad experience with GoPro. I was now stuck with the task of trying to figure out the largest SD card available that was compatible with my GoPro Hero 6. After doing some research and found the information I was looking for, I ended up ordering 2 128GB SD cards from Amazon.

While I was awaiting the arrival of my SD card order from Amazon, I realized that I needed a case and some extra batteries for when I travel, along with some other accessories that I found on the GoPro website. I proceeded to place my order and went to use my Student Discount, the GoPro website kept rejecting my discount code. After 2 days of this, I made a call to GoPro Support, who blamed it on the UNiDAYS company who is providing the discount codes. I then contacted UNiDAYS, which also led to a dead end. Absolutely a big waste of my time. This was the 2nd bad experience.

If GoPro and UNiDAYS can't help me on 2 simple matters, I thought to myself, what would happen if I have a technical problem or a defective camera? I didn't want to find out, so I returned the camera and 3 unopened accessories (Large Tube Mount, Seatpost Mount and 3-Way Grip Arm Tripod) based on their 30-day, No Questions Asked return policy.

You would think at this point, I would simply return the camera and accessories for a full refund, right? No way. I boxed up all the items into 1 box and returned the complete order. The camera box was the only thing opened, but never actually used it, however it was packed exactly as I received it. The 3 accessory boxes were never opened and were put in the same box as the camera and shipped back complete with their Pre-Paid FedEx shipping label, which made it real easy.

Several days later, I receive an email stating that the only thing in the box was the camera and they are still waiting for me to return the 3 accessories. I've made 3 calls to GoPro over 3 days and I still have not heard back from them with a resolution. I have attempted to call GoPro in California as well as the returns warehouse in California (Moduslink), both phone numbers are disconnected.

I don't recall ever having to deal with such a horrible, unethical company in all my life. I would strongly recommend against buying anything from GoPro due to my 3 bad experiences and multiple phone calls, all in less than 30 days time, and all leading to nothing being done to help me. I had to call my credit card company to get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Bought a GoPro 5 Pro. First use under and water leaked into the camera. Found plenty of same issues on Internet and a friend of mine had exactly same problem. Some series must be faulty and Quality check must fails at GoPro. Support is doing nothing to help me. Just trying to say it's your fault. Goodbye GoPro. Next time I will buy other brand.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I called GoPro to verify the external mic adapter used for other cameras would work on Fusion. Customer service asked if I owned any other GoPros and I explained I had all versions from 2-5. I was told that my case # could be used as a promo code of $100 off if I traded in one of my GPs. Having done research I was excited to get a discount off the current price of $599. Amazon, Best Buy and GoPro all selling for that price.

I entered my case # at checkout and I got an invalid promo code error. So I called customer support. After waiting for 10 minutes I was told the discount was off the $699 price. So I could order by phone and get the Fusion for $599. But the customer service rep told me I should order online at $599 because I would get the 2 free SD cards. He said it was a better deal. And he said they could not allow the discount on the current $599 price. So I went back online and discovered the trade-in program. That also allows a discount only on the $699 price. So if you trade in a camera or if you don't the price of the Fusion is $599. GoPro even with all of the software rendering problems people like me were still willing to purchase the Fusion. And I was excited to get a discount hoping the software issues would be resolved. But now that I realize how slimy your promotions are I will purchase an Insta or Garmin. Anything but a GoPro.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I paid 199$ for GoPro care insurance for Karma Hero5 bundle, it’s advertised as “you break it we replace it”. I filed a claim due to a crash with a tree limb and subsequent dip in the water. My fault, I explained all the details to an online chat with GoPro care. I then went thru a solid 2 hours of step by step occurrence description, weather that day, regurgitated all the serial numbers, was asked the same questions repeatedly, asked to perform troubleshooting measures that any knucklehead would know couldn’t be performed. I dunked the Karma, camera, stabilizer. Everything was fried... I Had to send all my flight logs, take photos of each individual part, resend all serial numbers (I sent all of these serial numbers in when I registered the warranty). It was just cumbersome and not anywhere as easy as advertised.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I never submit reviews but this needs to be published. On July 4, I ordered a GoPro Session 5 from Gopro.com with express shipping (1-2 working days within EU). Long story short, the shipment was either not handed over to courier or lost by them, either way it's now 31 August and I still haven't gotten a refund from GoPro. Their support is very superficial and tells me the money will arrive 'soon'. If you order from their site, be ready to wait for a long time - their support people are not very competent and looks like they just don't care about their customers. Also, they have false advertisement (free shipping within EU) on their site which doesn't apply to your order. Another company who is just trying to sell as much product as possible. Overall experience: 1 out of 5.

Original review: July 11, 2018

GoPro equipment is pretty good, GoPro insurance really stinks. Have spent hour after hour and still no replacement. Provided serial numbers that were registered and they said no record, it took a supervisor to finally admit they had it all along. Passed from one rep to another, lots of broken promises. I am a pro shooter and purchased the insurance for a reason. We had to spend 2 weeks getting a claim "sort of" approved and then find out it will take two weeks to get a shipment out for the new equipment -- not acceptable. DO NOT BUY THIS PROTECTION PLAN!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I was charged 562.00 on my credit card for something I never bought. I didn't even know who GoPro was. I notified their customer service department to inform of this charge on my card. You can't understand the reps, they're from the Philippines, Each time I talked to a rep, I got a different story. I did receive an a e-mail stating they couldn't find a charge on my credit card and asked if I had another card. I have no idea how they obtained my credit card information and charged it. This so called company is fraudulent. I would think twice about doing business with them.

Original review: June 20, 2018

So a couple years ago I decide to get a GoPro Hero 4 for when I go on vacation. I used my camera for 3 events. I pulled it out a few weeks ago to get it ready for my vacation. It keeped freezing. I went to the trouble shot page and it said I needed to do the update. After the update it started making a loud beep. I had to pull the battery for it to stop. I called GoPro and said I just want my camera fixed. The lady on the phone said it was passed my warranty. I said, "I’ve only used it 3 times and your update made it worse."

She started me a case and said I would be contacted. A week later a GoPro email was received. It said sorry but I was past warranty but they wanted to offer me 20% of a new camera as soon as I send them my old one. I called and said obviously they have a way of fixing it, why else would they want my old camera. I ask for a call from a supervisor. No call, just another Email saying, "Nothing we can do." I spent a total of $650 for 3 uses. These cameras are garbage. Save your money.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Having problems with the editing and exporting, as GoPro (Session 4) used the easy editing, as its advantage from the others. Not being able to produce any filming at all, makes my $400.00 camera a piece of junk and trash material. The editing software worked perfect, GoPro stopped supporting this well working software and replaced it with their "newer Version" that only works on Windows 10 64 bit+. Told me to go and buy a new computer! They are saying loud and clear that they do not want my business or anyone else's, who have been customers.They stole the session from Panasonic and were sued for it. Creepy business policy that comes from the U.S.A.

Original review: April 10, 2018

It was very unfortunate that due to my busy work scheduled I failed to notice that I was being charged for Plus membership without knowing and I tried to inform GoPro about the situation but they told me that it could not be refunded due to the terms. Just be careful for yourselves because in the refund category they do not care.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Everything started with the purchase of the most overpriced, under-performing, unreliable camera I have ever seen. Bought a Session 5 right before a 28 days cruise. The camera just wouldn't work properly at all. After reading through the sea of complaints in the forums a potential reason was shown (the memory card type could be the problem). I don't know enough about hardware to fully understand the complexity behind memory cards but if it is a subject so complicated than a memory card of the "right" type should be sold with the cameras. I wanted to return the camera right away but being in a cruise I missed my return window. I took the lost of $300 and moved on deciding to never give GoPro a chance with their poorly designed cameras.

Today I get an email asking for my GoPro experience feedback. Decided that providing some constructive criticism would be useful. To my surprise, the survey had absolutely nothing to do with my experience with a GoPro camera at all! The survey was full of questions regarding demographics. I was in such a disbelief that GoPro would mask a demographic data collection survey as an experience feedback survey to bait people into providing data for GoPro's marketing. Maybe if your engineering team worked as well as your marketing team then GoPro wouldn't have the massive amount of unsuccessful products (such as Karma drone) out on the market. I had already been disappointed by GoPro beyond repair but after this baiting survey, I will campaign as much as possible against your horrible products and your amazingly dirty social engineering methods of business.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I had subscribed to GoPro plus a year ago and totally forgot to remove it during a year as I hadn't used it. As I checked my account one day I realized I just got charged 5$ and realized that was it, I instantly cancelled it and contacted the support, which promised me that I would be cancelled these 5$. I know I was in the wrong for a year I got charged without using the service, but I was literally promised a refund for the very last month, which I did not obtain. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Bought a 400.00 plus GoPro 5 - it quit working within 4 months I contacted GoPro and they agreed to replace. They replaced it with a scratched up NON working refurbished GoPro. Horrible simply horrible. I immediately contacted customer service that day and told them of my finding a supervisor from Manilla Philippines Rey said, "You either accept another refurbished GoPro 5 or forget it." I have sent countless emails to every email address within GoPros email listings to absolutely NO avail.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I bought a GoPro 5 last year and I used it for some time and it worked fine. But then one day there was water inside the front monitor screen. At first it kept on working, but after a couple of days it just stopped working and wouldn't turn on. I called them and I was told that they do not warranty water issues with the camera and simply hung up on me. I have had it for less than a year and they guaranteed a waterproof product which they did not deliver. I am very disappointed with the company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Bought a Karma bundle with Hero5 Black and stabilizer along with GoPro Care. Second time use it, it drop from sky right after it take off. In order not to harm anyone or anything on the ground, I grab it with my bare hand. It hurt my hand and one of my finger's nerve was damaged. Called GoPro support, never ask about my injury only care about how bad the drone got damaged and they refuse to do anything. Give me very complicate forms to fill out and took them about a week to reply any email. Their goal is to consume my patience and they succeed. They call my wound "scratches", what a joke. I send them pictures about my wounds, my blood was all over Karma drone.

I was stupid enough to believe it was my own mistake and I bought replacement part and fly again, after a few success flight I trust this product again and try to do a shot from sky above the lake. I did all the required recheck and rotation. It drop off sky and into water again. Weather could not be better, no wind, no influence. So I called GoPro care again and right now I’m still waiting for someone to reply on me, been on their customer phone call had been like over an hour now. Still listening their beautiful piano music. Do yourself a favor. Don't buy GoPro care. Someone from third world country will answer your phone call. You tell me they care or not.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I purchased a HERO 5 3 months ago, took it diving for the 3rd time and it stopped working, I noticed a drop of water inside the front LCD screen. I called tech support and I was told that it is user error. So it is not covered under warranty. How can it be my fault when the camera was inside a case that will not close unless the battery and connector lids are closed. This is outrageous and I will never purchase a GOPRO product.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I've bought every GoPro product for years now. I've never needed anything from them until recently. They don't even bother to offer support on their products! They stonewall you so they don't have to honor their warranty! They do nothing! No support, way to contact them, none at all! You cannot get through to anyone. I have been trying for a week. Their chat never works and they put you on hold for over an hour on the phone. It's a total scam. Isn't this an American company? Very disappointed. I've been a loyal customer but it's time to drop these clowns.

Original review: July 8, 2017

First one I purchased didn't work. Returned to Costco. Was told I was the second return today of this POS GOPRO HERO 5 SESSION. Bought a second one. Not pairing. Support in Canada and USA not answering phone. ON HOLD 30 MINUTES EACH. I HAVE SPENT ALMOST A WEEK TRYING TO GET THIS PIECE OF ** GoPro working. Support not in the same universe apparently. GOPRO YOU CAN KISS MY ENTIRE **.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I have 3 GoPro Hero 4 Silver. All are working great. So I decided to do the trade up to Hero 5 Black. Sent the Hero 4 Silver and received 100.00 towards the new camera and paid the 299.00. After 2 weeks, the wifi connection will not work on the new Hero 5 Black. Decided to just return it and buy it at Best Buy who are selling it at 350.00... took two weeks to get a refund 299.00 but what happen to the Hero 4 silver??? You don't get that back!!! I sold two Hero 4 Silver cameras on eBay for 200.00. Do yourself a favor and don't go for the Trade up. YOU WILL LOSE 100 to 200 buck!!

Original review: May 19, 2017

I'm no longer stoked because GoPro Customer Service sucks. Let me explain. I waited excitedly for the re-release of the GoPro Karma. The day it was released I ordered one, and added GoPro Care. The drone arrived about 10 days later and off to the skies I was. On April 2 I experienced accidental damage and immediately called GoPro Care. Javier ** explained he'd take the claim information and forward it to a Karma Expert. A day later I received an email asking me to file an accident report. I did, and waited.

On April 7th I received an email from Paul **, Team Manager EMEA Karma Support stating, "We'll drop the replacement(s) in the mail shortly," and I waited. On April 10th I emailed, and the next day Paul replied, "The factory is on backorder." On April 20th I called Customer Support inquiring as to the status of my parts. I was told, "The factory is on backorder." Yup, more waiting. On April 26th I was notified of parts shipment and they arrived April 28th! Yea, except I received two front arms versus a front and rear arm, aarrgghh.

Wednesday May 3rd I chatted with Rosalie **. She was going to make everything right, just look for her email within 24 hours (Note: I purchased the replacement directly from GoPro so I could get back to flying.). The email came asking for my shipping address, I replied promptly. On May 7th, an email from GoPro Support saying "we haven't heard back from you". On May 15th, from Rosalie **. "I appreciate your patience on this. I am just waiting for an approval on what is the best option that we can provide regarding this. One thing is for sure, I will get back to you as soon as I have the accurate information."

May 16th Maricel ** emailed asking, "Please send us a sample photo of the items you've received. About the replacement arm, please send a close up angle. I photographed and emailed." Then, I telephoned and was asked to send the serial numbers from all the arms I had received. Wow, my stoked was choked. Last night this, "I would like to let you know that I've checked on your support case number and your sales order number about the items that you've received. And, I can see here that the representative who processed the replacement seems to sent out the right items." Double WOW, now Customer Service for me, a priority GoPro Care customer, is telling me, the customer, that it seems I'm wrong to think I received the wrong part

"Fly with no worries. GoPro Care offers accidental damage coverage," really? REPLACEMENT PARTS INCLUDED? ("Propellers, arms, and landing gear can be replaced and are included with your coverage.") Wait, I have that, and RAPID DRONE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT? ("We'll fix your drone or send a replacement wherever you are.") Hold on, what if I get the wrong replacement part? PREMIUM CUSTOMER SUPPORT (Direct access to GoPro expert assistance via priority phone, 24/7 chat and email). OK but how many calls, reports, photos, serial numbers and I'm going to put you on hold will it take? Well, apparently I don't know because my issue remains unresolved. I see other customer have been treated this way. What will it take for me to get resolution. Class Action?

GoPro expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoPro manufactures action cameras that give amateur photographers access to professional photography angles. They are mountable and are built for versatile use in extreme conditions.

• GoPro Hero: The Hero line of GoPro cameras is the main fixture of the company. These cameras can be outfitted with a number of mounts that cater to the user’s activity.

• GoPro community: Due to GoPro’s popularity, there are a wealth of uploaded user videos and photographs to give consumers an idea of what GoPro offers. There are also numerous apps and devices that work with GoPro cameras from third-party manufacturers. GoPro’s website has a comprehensive list of these devices.

• Omni sphere array: The GoPro Omni is a spherical camera array designed to capture 360-degree footage. These spherical videos can be experienced in GoPro VR, a virtual reality program in development to work with VR headsets.

• App support: The GoPro App works with laptops and mobile devices to edit and share photos and videos as well as to control the user’s GoPro camera remotely. Other apps, like GoPro Quik and GoPro Splice, simplify the editing process for a more user-friendly experience.

• Karma drone: Currently in development is GoPro’s Karma drone. The drone will give the user access to an aerial perspective, and the device is reported to shoot footage in 4K high definition.

• Best for: GoPro is best for athletes and active users who want to record sports and other activities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs