3.58/5

81 Fuji Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I've used this camera for years. It's never failed me. Takes quality photos with ease. Auto focus works great. Zoom stays clear for a reasonable distance. It's a very affordable and worth the price. The quality photos are better than you'd expect. I've seen other cameras that are way more expensive without producing quality of this camera. The memory cards are very reasonably priced as well. The zoom is easy to use while trying to focus and the auto focus works quickly enough to not miss a chance at an amazing picture. The different settings make it easier to capture the type of picture you're looking for. I've been using this camera for over 10 years. From family pictures to live action events and everything in between. I've taken it on many hikes and trails.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I love this camera. It works amazingly and keeps a really good charge. It also has an amazing flash and filter. I would recommend it to anyone especially someone new to cameras. The money value was amazing for what it does and how easy it is to use. I got it at Walmart for a really good price. You can also find on Amazon. The features on it are amazing. You can change all the colors and filters, flash or anything. Great for indoor or outdoor use. Also has a ton of accessories. The durability is amazing. It's been knocked off a table by a rambunctious 2-year old and it was perfectly fine. Good quality for the sample price.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I would definitely recommend it. I like Fuji the best. I have used others but this one is my favorite. It is good. It never gave me any problems. The features on it were good and clear. I never had any issues with it. It definitely was durable because I do remember dropping it a few times and it still worked. I know that if I had any other camera it probably would have malfunctioned and stopped working.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

It capture what was looked for. The outcome was one desired. Overall more than adequate results, which I and all recipients of photos were more than pleased with. Fuji is an excellent brand. Valuable to capture those moments where you wanted to create something into a momento. Helped save a lot of memories to cherish for all time. Some short timed as well. The features weren't all cared for. Just to get the job done and that was it. Capture my moment and I thank you for it later on down the line. Dropped hundreds of time and still functioned, one of the best things about it. Especially in the act now moments, the camera came through for me.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

A basic digital camera with a limited zoom. Very functional, compact, and accessible. The camera was used for close up and distance photos in a variety of locations. The camera turned out to be extremely valuable to myself and my family. The price of the camera was very reasonable and its performance exceeded my expectations. I couldn't take Sports Illustrated level sports photos, but the clarity from my camera was good enough for my purposes. The camera proved, rather unexpectedly, to be extremely durable. My wife and I dropped the camera on numerous occasions and it never impacted the operability of the camera.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fuji?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

It took really good pictures. The color was very pretty. It made it look like you were really there again. I think this is the best camera I have ever had. The value was good. I would recommend this camera to anyone who looking for a camera to just take simple but great photos. If you want a professional photographer this may not be the camera choice but if it's just simple photos this the camera fit you. The features were good. They had neat things you could do with it. You could draw something on the picture if you wanted to. The durability was great. I dropped it once and it didn't crack or anything. I mean I wouldn't recommend dropping it to prove it but if you accidentally did I don't think it would hurt it very much.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

It was a digital camera and the very first I ever owned. I was very happy with its performance and the pictures which we had printed. I would definitely think about purchasing another camera by this manufacturer. I only paid $200 for the phone when digital cameras were a bit expensive and so I think it was a good value. I was very happy with its performance. It was basic digital phone but it had enough features to satisfy me because I am not a professional photographer and I like the camera to do the work for me. It lasted for a few years and I think that was sufficient for the price I paid for the camera. I was ready to upgrade when it started to have problems.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Great... easy to use, good quality pictures and video. Portable. Good battery life. Lightweight. Many features and accessories for this camera. My camera is invaluable due to the ability to capture every moment in my sons life. Definitely an asset to my family and life. We couldn't live without those moments. Lots of features including wide and regular angle lenses, zoom and filters. Even has the capability of cropping and changing the colors in the photos. I am very satisfied with this camera as it has never malfunctioned and works great all the time. It's user friendly. I would recommend this camera to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Performed in low light, motion, and various other scenarios extremely well. The images came out clear, with minimal to no blur depending on the rate of speed and object was moving while taking the picture. For the durability and performance, the price was fair. Many other brands of the same quality were competitively priced but did not have the presentation this one did. At the time, objects in motion on digital cameras left a blur. The features on this helped reduce it dramatically along with great low light features. I took this camera everywhere and it lasted through extremely rough terrains and weather, along with two kids who kept stealing it to play with it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

Fuji film Z33WP, interesting and easy/simple to use. Microphone captures great sound quality, playback is great considering the size of the speaker, several different modes plus built in editing features. Great for recording storms outside, underwater use. Recording experiences outside "starts raining, no worry it's waterproof =] ". Built in editing options, diff. camera modes/timers/views/etc. zoom in and out. Seems pretty durable. I've dropped it a 2 or 3 times, had it for 6 years almost 7, still waterproof, all functions still work properly. Think it might have a built in shock absorber but I'm not too sure on that part. One time I dropped it on the concrete and it landed on the screen viewing side and when I picked it up to look at it, the only thing it got was medium deep scratch about a quarter of an inch long.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Great camera with enough bells and whistles to meet all of my needs. Great overall image quality. Very user-friendly and controls are easy to use. The quality of the product and its features are well worth the price I paid for my camera. I'd recommend it. Good overall set of features for what I'm using it for. Great auto settings that work well enough for me and my photography needs. For the price point I can't complain. The camera is fairly high quality and has stood up to the rigors of daily usage. Well built.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

The quality of the camera's photos were clear and crisp. I loved the zoom in and lighting features. I was able to take pictures in the dark without any problems. My camera has lasted for over 5 years. I would definitely say that it was worth the cost. It's a great quality of camera as well. It's weather and shatter proof. It has incredible zoom, lighting settings. It's lightweight and compact; so I don't have any problems transporting it. It has rubber on the outer edges; which keeps it from shattering. And it's waterproof. I dropped it a couple times. It had never gave me any problems from dropping it.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

There are many different cameras to choose from with many different price ranges making most any cameras affordable to everyone. The camera is sold at many different retailers. The accessories are sold at many other retailers high-end and low-end to make it affordable for everyone. With the many different accessories it makes the camera to be used professionally or personally with good picture quality, long battery life and good value for price. I am very hard on electronics and my camera has lasted me for several years. They do make very sturdy cases with sturdy handles and good padding inside of camera bag.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

It had lots of options for zoom in and out, easy to use and durable. Recharging batteries were an option. It came with a great carry case to protect from weather. I bought it on sale and it was cheap but made very well. Definitely worth watching sale papers for. It's made as well as another more expensive camera would be. It's sturdy and looks expensive as well although the price is great. It had plenty of varieties of features with zoom in and out and video recording as well. It's simple but can be complex for the more camera savvy owner. Easy to operate the menu options. It's tough with falls and scrapes. I've dogs and a baby and my camera is still intact. The case really is good to keep from getting cracks or scratched and also for the convenience.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I enjoy how clear my photos are but I don't quite understand all of the settings on there to give it its optimal performance so it's something I need to do more research on. For the price it's lasted a good while although today there are much better cameras out there that are more user friendly but I think it's still got some good years. The stuff I do know how to use is pretty good. To me I've gotten my money's worth.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

It was 8 megapixels and the camera worked fine. The zoom worked the way it should. The pictures were clear and concise. The LCD was a good size. The camera was small enough to fit in shirt pocket and light and comfortable to carry and use with convenience. The picture quality was good for what I needed to use the camera. The transfer was easy from camera to computer. There was no need for additional storage. The camera was sturdy and was like metal body which made for a durable product and all functions worked to accomplish the necessary pictures I was using the camera for.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

The camera was everything I was looking for and more. Couldn't have asked for more in a camera. The ease of use and design of the camera is second to none. The camera was comparable to other name brands and in some cases it was a much better value. I felt I got every penny's worth of use from the camera. What a deal! Omg. The features on this camera are fantastic and so easy to understand and apply in all my picture taking adventures. The zoom was the zoomiest! The make of this camera is second to none and very durable and made with the toughest materials. I dropped it and nothing happen to it. Very sturdy and well designed!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

It is very attractive and performs adequate and can be used professionals. Fuji brand camera I would have to say that it is highly valuable and takes the very best pictures. It has awesome high technology smart features that are easy to use. The product is highly durable and has awesome capabilities.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Tons of filters and extras that allow you to create professional grade photos on a budget. Covers everything we could possibly need in a digital camera at a reasonable cost. It is all the camera that you could hope for at a much lower cost than professional cameras... It has a powerful lens that ensures you won't have to purchase expensive lens attachments for the photos you want. We are more than satisfied with all the features on our Fuji camera... It has lens for clear pictures at a distance, and plenty of filters and settings for optimum performance day or night, for stills or motion shots. Our camera is solidly constructed and is supposed to be able to withstand drops and accidents with little to no damage, although fortunately we have not had to find that out the hard way.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Takes wonderful pictures & adjusts the lighting & focus automatically. You don't have to be a professional. It's not confusing at all either; most cameras have a ton of buttons that I don't know how to use. The buttons are clearly marked on my Fuji. Fuji is NOT cheap but you get what you pay for. It is my favorite camera. I'd recommend it to anyone. I love how easy it is use this camera. The buttons & features do not take a professional to figure out. A normal person like me can easily figure it out & use this camera. I have had this camera for two years & it still looks brand new. It still takes excellent pictures. I keep it in its case & it protects it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Easy to use and takes quality photos. I love the zoom this camera has and the many options available to take professional looking photos. The price is fair and affordable compared to other cameras on the market. I feel like this camera is worth the money and would definitely recommend buying. I like the many different options that it offers for taking high-quality photos. I would be interested in purchasing other cameras from this brand. I'm very happy with how long this camera has lasted me. It offers a great warranty protection plan in case of any malfunctions and I look forward to buying cameras from this brand in the future.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

I received a Fuji xp 80 camera as a x-mas gift. It was used only two times and stopped working. The camera was under warranty. I sent the camera in for repair, and was sent an e-mail that it could be fixed for $116.00. They require a receipt and this was hard since it was a gift and six months later. After calling 7 times and given petty excuses for the status of the camera being covered under the warranty, it was replaced with another one. I would NOT recommend any Fuji products at this time. Do yourself a favor and buy a Canon or Nikon. Charlotte, N.C. Oct. 30, 2016.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I bought a Fuji XP80 several months ago. The battery compartment was very difficult to open and after fewer than 50 shots, there was a dark spot on the screen that would show in the photos. I sent it in for both problems to be repaired. It took two weeks to be returned. The spot was gone. The battery door had not been fixed but the camera would not shut off without removing and reinstalling the battery. I got repeated notices that the access door was not closed though it certainly was completely closed and still very hard to opened and at one point there were multicolored horizontal lines across the screen. I put it in FedEx with their supplied shipping sticker on July 23rd.

When I inquired about the status two weeks later, I was told it was being replaced with a new camera and going out that day. A week later I inquired again and was told it would leave that night and to expect it by Aug. 7. Today, Aug 12 I was told that it won't arrive until Aug. 16. This whole process, if it actually arrives on the 16th will have taken three and a half weeks. This isn't just bad service. It is inexcusable service. I liked the camera. I hate the service.

Original review: June 19, 2016

Early last year I got a Fujifilm Instax mini 7s as a gift. It came with 2 packs of Instax films and I used 1 right away. I like my camera's color which is white and blue and that its sleek look and feel although at one angle its shape looks like a deformed behind of a huge person. It's easy to operate because it's a point and shoot camera and doesn't have so many settings to choose from. It's lightweight and simple. My nephews had fun using it and it seems easy for their small hands to grip. I have an issue with its focus though. We had several shots where the subject is way to the side. Maybe it takes some getting used to with this camera. The colors of the photo on the film are sharp but the quality may be affected by the age of the film as once we loaded a pack that's near its best before date of use and there's a difference with the color.

The shots on dark or low lighting is not very dim which is good and shots on bright environments seem best. I find the films a bit expensive but for its type, I think it's worth it. We had some visitors in church once and two of them had Instax cameras, an old man and a female teenager. The man's camera is all white while as the teenager's is pink. I think the camera fits any type of age and personality.

Original review: June 19, 2016

I have always dreamed of using a Leica M to shoot street but it's certainly way out of my price range. I owned a massive camera then and it can be useful in certain situations. After lots of fiddling about with the camera, messing about every place and a couple of pairs of shoes worn out, I found that I enjoyed shooting street the most. After realizing this, I began to feel that the camera I used then was not the best tool to use for my kind of shooting. It was "loud" - loud shutter and just the size of it made it hardly discreet for me to shoot naturally.

Not long after, Fujifilm introduced the X100 with its rangefinder-like aesthetic and function and the camera world went nuts upon its arrival. I'm not one to believe the hype, but as I did my due diligence I found that it fits into my type of a camera. After a considerable amount of time staring at my bank details, I decided to give in to my senses and get the camera - a gray one at Hidalgo. Yes, I drank the kool-aid and it's delicious!

Very sleek, retro design coupled with function made it a perfect combination for street shooting. The optical viewfinder, which I preferred over the EVF, is perfect. It's relatively small size and non-existent shutter sound made for a discreet shooting experience, giving me nerd chills on more than one occasion upon the first week of owning and shooting with it.

From that moment, the X100 stayed at my bag and the DSLR, at home. It was not without its flaws, like the flimsy back button and the slow focus speed, but shooting wise, the back button doesn't really matter. The slow focus speed, I found a workaround with zone focusing or the AE-AFL button for quick focus, so it was not a problem at all.

Actually, the best thing about Fujifilm was they listened to their patrons. They addressed a lot of the issues brought up by the users concerning the slow focus of the X100 by way of releasing firmware updates. They had respectable success in doing so, and though not every customer was fully satisfied, they made everyone fully aware their engineers and the company itself made a conscious effort to improve their product, which is how to assure customers they stand behind their product, and subsequently, to maintain and boost profit, of course.

Up until now I feel very responsible to my Fuji X100. This is a camera that deserves to be gripped by your hand with your finger on the shutter, ready to take a photo. It has suffered a lot of dents and the built-in lens had deteriorated in condition now (even if it wasn't really that sharp to begin with), mostly because of my relatively rough usage, but I still have it in my bag wherever I go.

Original review: May 22, 2016

YOU SUCK FUJI and FUJI REPAIR NORTH AMERICA!!! I bought this for my then 8yo daughter for Xmas 2014, figuring an essentially indestructible Camera would be good. It served us well till I used it for what they said it was for. I went snorkeling with it at Waikiki beach and wanted to show the girls what they were missing. So I swam out and took a couple pictures of fish and swam back 15 minutes no deeper than 6 feet. By the time I got back the camera had failed.

I bought it at Costco so I talked to them. They talked to Fuji and recommended I send it to the repair shop and they would see what they could do. The repair shop is in New Jersey. I am in Washington. It was difficult to connect with them during their business hours. They have no way you can contact them via the web. I finally was able to talk to them about their estimate. They generously offered to repair the camera for 117.49$. I found it new on the web for 106$. It took multiple attempts to contact them because of long wait times. Every time the techs were polite.

Told me they needed to push it up to their manager. The first time he never got back to me, not sure the message ever got passed on, I was told I would get a call or and email which I never got. The second time I was able to leave a voice message he emailed me back that the camera was being returned due to non-response, even though I specifically stated I didn't need a non working camera returned in the message. Most likely I will never buy a Fuji Product again, or if I do I will vigorously test it while it is in the warranty period. I put more $$ of my time by far into simply contacting these guys than the camera is even worth. I guess saying "YOU SUCK FUJI and FUJI REPAIR NORTH AMERICA!!!" is the best I can do. Doesn't feel like enough.

Original review: May 21, 2016

I've been using the FUJIFILM X-E1 camera for two months now. I bring it with me every day. It's light, but compromising on its build. Just like what other reviews say, the sensor of the camera is great. The FUJI colors really do exist. The colors are amazing, but the black and white are even better. I shoot street photography and this camera that shoots great black and white is a really enjoyable thing to have. The only drawback is the autofocus is not as fast as I want it to, but I do understand that this is an older model. FUJIFILM seems to have improved on that with their newer ones. All in all, the X-E1 is still a good starter camera if you want to make the move to FUJI.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

Absolutely the worst customer service and company I have ever dealt with. Worst management service as well, Dan **. They do not stand behind their camera nor their warranty. I had mechanical issues with my camera that was still under warranty. They refused to fix it without me paying stating I plugged the charger in the wrong port. First off, it is not possible to plug anything into the wrong port. The ports are completely different shapes and sizes.

Worst customer service. After requesting my camera shipped back to me without repair, I never received it. Two weeks after it was suppose to be shipped I called them back, inquiring where my camera was. I was informed that it was not shipped and still sitting on someone's desk. I requested the camera be rush shipped and was told I needed to speak with a manager. Manager, DAN **, would not return my phone calls or come to the phone to speak with me. Repair answer line said he told them that I would need to pay for rush shipping even though their company dropped the ball on getting it shipped back to me.

After calling SIX times, Dan spoke to me informing me that he shipped my camera earlier that morning and I would have to wait another 3-5 business days to receive it. I have another company waiting on my camera to fix it and due to them dropping the ball and not sending it back as requested (and refusing to rush ship it since they would have to pay extra) I now will not be able to get my camera repaired before the holidays. I will never buy another Fuji film camera. This is the first film company that I have had who does not stand behind their camera and take care of their customers. I highly recommend NOT to buy their products.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

WARNING!!! I was given a Fuji water Camera FX-XP70 as a gift. Upon putting the strap on it, the screw holding it broke off. I thought "no problem" it is "under warranty" and we can get it fixed. Long story short, Fuji said it broke due to "Excessive force" and it would cost $115 to fix it. The camera retails for $150. Fuji also stated that it had Liquid damage. Really? How would that happen? I didn't even get to use the camera. I fought, wrote letters, begged and they won't budge. I started looking at reviews and this is a COMMON PROBLEM WITH FUJI! I read review after review that stated Fuji claimed the defective was due to the user. $115. I'm not repairing it. I refused to give Fuji more money. I would rather buy a Canon or Nikon. SO IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR CHRISTMAS CAMERAS I HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT BUYING FUJI. THE WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS! If you take it back to where you purchase it, they will tell you to contact Fuji.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

Purchased a fuji fine pix s8200 five months ago, the camera worked fine, however; about a week ago the mini usb port came loose and the camera will no longer connect to the computer. The camera is in like new condition and under a warranty. Called the repair center and then shipped it to them. Received email today for $115 estimate, so much for warranty. After reading posts here, it seems this is a common practice by this company. They do not cover their product with a warranty. Fuji is a shame and a fraud and now I'm out $200. Never again Fuji, yes Fugi and not Fuji.

Fuji Company Information