3.58/5

81 Fuji Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

I just ordered today like an hour ago the instax mini 9 because it was stated that it is only for $.01. I hurriedly ordered it and screen captured everything. I trusted them because of their name. And when I placed the order the price changed. They charged me $57.16. It is a scam because they have hidden charges. I hope your CEO can read this and will read this.

I contacted Fujifilm right away to get my order cancelled and refunded since only 5 minutes had passed. But the representative whom I chatted with told me that it will take 15-20 business days. How come? I just placed the order and you took my money for just a second and you cannot give it back right away?! Then the rep also told me to have common sense. Like duh??? On the website it does not state anywhere that there will be extra charges or hidden charges. It does not show as well when I'm about to place my order. You didn't even give a heads up. It's not that much but for me it is. I worked hard for it not only for you to steal. That's my money, my hard work and my TRUST that I gave you and you took. This will serve as a lesson for me. I know. I was always a fan of Fujifilm but now, I am not. I don't trust you anymore. I won't and I can't. As long as my refund will not be processed yet or I still haven't received my money, I can't thank you yet.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I purchased a Fujifilm Instax Mini 7 film camera in summer 2014, used it for the summer, & put it away. I just brought it out to use it after buying new film, replaced the batteries, and tried to turn it on. The camera wouldn't turn on so I called customer service & was told that their camera's wirings just go faulty sometimes and that they can't fix it or replace it, it would be $40 + tax and S&H to get a new one.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I recently purchased the Fuji GFX50s plus a Fuji GF 23mm 4.0 lens and a Fuji GF 63mm 2.8 lens. After having taken shots with the Fuji GF 63mm 2.8 lens for some hours, changing to the Fuji GF 23mm 4.0 and taking also shots for some hours, the camera with the 23mm on it got stuck with the error message "turn camera off and on again." I followed this instruction but the failure remained. All right, I went to my local Fuji dealer the next day and showed him the issue which still was there. We also tried the "failed" 23mm lens on another GFX body with the same result ("turn camera on and off again"). So the failure actually travelled with the 23mm lens. The Fuji dealer changed the 23mm lens back and gave me instantly a new one. Days later the same issue happened again ("turn camera on and off again"), again with the 23mm lens on it. And again after having 63mm lens on it before and exchanged later with 23mm lens. Same result.

Went back to the Fuji dealer, he confirmed there is an issue with the 23mm lens again. In the meantime the analysis result from Fuji about the previously failed 23mm lens came in ("no issue, it is working"). I filed in now my GFX body and also the 2nd failed 23mm lens. Days later same feedback from Fuji ("no issue, it is working"). Both me and the Fuji dealer experienced this issue, it was also taped and shared with Fuji.

I am currently extremely pissed, my camera and 23mm is still at Fuji for checks but Fuji has no clue what is the problem. I will give Fuji some more days and refund the camera then together with the lenses I bought. Yes, I am very, very angry and disappointed about Fuji and their incompetent local team here. Is that the so-called great service of Fuji? I am sorry, this is on the level of a low budget camera manufacturer from China. So keep your hands away from the Fuji GFX, it seems too unstable and (more ugly) even Fuji has no clue about their own system. Is there anyone who has the same horrible experience with the Fuji GFX in combination with 63mm and 23mm lenses?

Original review: May 26, 2017

I consider myself fairly brand loyal. I have now purchased two x-series cameras from Fujifilm and have been very happy with function, features, and image quality. I wanted to stay with Fujifilm. However, with each camera I have experienced software bugs/issues that required repair within the first several months, and with each camera I have had to drive two hours to the nearest repair center in Mississauga Ontario, waited months without a camera while repairs are being completed, and only received it back when my warranty was nearly up. An X-M1 I purchased would not send images over WiFi, and an X-A3 would freeze in playback until I removed the battery.

Fujifilm allows repair customers to view the status of their repairs on a website, after 5 weeks mine appears to be "waiting for an estimate approval". I take this to mean that it is waiting for someone to verify that the date on the receipt was less than 12 months ago to validate the warranty. It has taken 5 weeks to match a date. So disappointed. I currently own 3 Fujifilm lenses and was saving up for a Fujifilm XT2, however, I am now carefully considering selling my Fujifilm system and "jumping ship''. I'm terrified to sink more money into a system that will come with software issues and leave me without a primary camera for months.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Fuji Finepix S4000 has been consistently, the best camera I have ever owned. Outstanding and perfect images; I have won photo competitions with this camera. It is simple to use, and takes excellent photos. This camera takes better pictures than my wife's professional Nikon. The ability to use regular batteries or rechargeables means you will never be caught short. The 14 megapixel image sensor and built-in multifocus lens means you will not miss the moment, either. I have made enlargements up to 11 x 14 without a problem, and have won competitions with this camera (The judges and other contestants were chagrined when they discovered that this camera had beat out their $3000 equipment.). I have found Fujifilm cameras to be of excellent quality, and I always carry this one with me instead of my Nikon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fuji?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Easy to operate and image quality is clear and very sharp. Good bang for my buck. Have enjoyed this camera for the past several years. I now have a phone camera that surpasses the quality of any camera I have ever owned. Would definitely purchase another Fuji if it is needed.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The camera was excellent and priceless. The image quality is superb and the camera wasn't hard to figure out if you are good or experienced with cameras. I like Fuji a lot regarding foreign companies.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I have owned many cameras. The Fuji takes just as good quality pictures as my Sony DSLR. I paid approximately $150 for my Fuji and $500 for my Sony. The detail in the pictures is phenomenal on both cameras but Fuji is so much more affordable. I will be buying another Fuji next year. They are very good quality cameras. Moreover, it's easy to connect to the computer to download your pictures, but I do wish that it had Wi-Fi capabilities so that you could upload them to social media without connecting. My daughter dropped it once and the battery compartment broke and we've had to tape it shut. A sturdier outer shell would be nice. Also, don't let small children around the camera.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

The camera's features are hands-down the best: multiple pictures, takes high-speed pictures instantaneous pictures, autofocus, autozoom, long-life rechargeable battery, hooks up to the computer or you can take picture and print pictures right on the spot. The durability of the camera is very strong. It's lightweight, waterproof and has great warranty, scratch proof lens, rubber case, very dependable and durable. The camera is inexpensive and excellent. Definitely worth the value of the money. It's the best camera I've ever owned. I wouldn't own another camera and I would highly recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I'm not a professional photographer so I can't speak for any specialized features, but it takes good pictures and is relatively easy to use. The features help with taking the best possible photo, and while I'm sure I'm not using it to its full extent, the camera has performed well for me so far. Ever since phones started coming with a camera, the need for a separate camera became an old idea. However, I still find myself using this one on occasion and I'm happy with the results. I wouldn't recommend dropping this on hardwood or from a far distance, but if your grip is a little tighter than most it's still safe to use.

Fuji Company Information