Fuji

Compare Camera Brands

Research top Camera Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I recently purchased the Fuji GFX50s plus a Fuji GF 23mm 4.0 lens and a Fuji GF 63mm 2.8 lens. After having taken shots with the Fuji GF 63mm 2.8 lens for some hours, changing to the Fuji GF 23mm 4.0 and taking also shots for some hours, the camera with the 23mm on it got stuck with the error message "turn camera off and on again." I followed this instruction but the failure remained. All right, I went to my local Fuji dealer the next day and showed him the issue which still was there. We also tried the "failed" 23mm lens on another GFX body with the same result ("turn camera on and off again"). So the failure actually travelled with the 23mm lens. The Fuji dealer changed the 23mm lens back and gave me instantly a new one. Days later the same issue happened again ("turn camera on and off again"), again with the 23mm lens on it. And again after having 63mm lens on it before and exchanged later with 23mm lens. Same result.

Went back to the Fuji dealer, he confirmed there is an issue with the 23mm lens again. In the meantime the analysis result from Fuji about the previously failed 23mm lens came in ("no issue, it is working"). I filed in now my GFX body and also the 2nd failed 23mm lens. Days later same feedback from Fuji ("no issue, it is working"). Both me and the Fuji dealer experienced this issue, it was also taped and shared with Fuji.

I am currently extremely pissed, my camera and 23mm is still at Fuji for checks but Fuji has no clue what is the problem. I will give Fuji some more days and refund the camera then together with the lenses I bought. Yes, I am very, very angry and disappointed about Fuji and their incompetent local team here. Is that the so-called great service of Fuji? I am sorry, this is on the level of a low budget camera manufacturer from China. So keep your hands away from the Fuji GFX, it seems too unstable and (more ugly) even Fuji has no clue about their own system. Is there anyone who has the same horrible experience with the Fuji GFX in combination with 63mm and 23mm lenses?

I consider myself fairly brand loyal. I have now purchased two x-series cameras from Fujifilm and have been very happy with function, features, and image quality. I wanted to stay with Fujifilm. However, with each camera I have experienced software bugs/issues that required repair within the first several months, and with each camera I have had to drive two hours to the nearest repair center in Mississauga Ontario, waited months without a camera while repairs are being completed, and only received it back when my warranty was nearly up. An X-M1 I purchased would not send images over WiFi, and an X-A3 would freeze in playback until I removed the battery.

Fujifilm allows repair customers to view the status of their repairs on a website, after 5 weeks mine appears to be "waiting for an estimate approval". I take this to mean that it is waiting for someone to verify that the date on the receipt was less than 12 months ago to validate the warranty. It has taken 5 weeks to match a date. So disappointed. I currently own 3 Fujifilm lenses and was saving up for a Fujifilm XT2, however, I am now carefully considering selling my Fujifilm system and "jumping ship''. I'm terrified to sink more money into a system that will come with software issues and leave me without a primary camera for months.

Fuji Finepix S4000 has been consistently, the best camera I have ever owned. Outstanding and perfect images; I have won photo competitions with this camera. It is simple to use, and takes excellent photos. This camera takes better pictures than my wife's professional Nikon. The ability to use regular batteries or rechargeables means you will never be caught short. The 14 megapixel image sensor and built-in multifocus lens means you will not miss the moment, either. I have made enlargements up to 11 x 14 without a problem, and have won competitions with this camera (The judges and other contestants were chagrined when they discovered that this camera had beat out their $3000 equipment.). I have found Fujifilm cameras to be of excellent quality, and I always carry this one with me instead of my Nikon.

Easy to operate and image quality is clear and very sharp. Good bang for my buck. Have enjoyed this camera for the past several years. I now have a phone camera that surpasses the quality of any camera I have ever owned. Would definitely purchase another Fuji if it is needed.

The camera was excellent and priceless. The image quality is superb and the camera wasn't hard to figure out if you are good or experienced with cameras. I like Fuji a lot regarding foreign companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fuji?

I have owned many cameras. The Fuji takes just as good quality pictures as my Sony DSLR. I paid approximately $150 for my Fuji and $500 for my Sony. The detail in the pictures is phenomenal on both cameras but Fuji is so much more affordable. I will be buying another Fuji next year. They are very good quality cameras. Moreover, it's easy to connect to the computer to download your pictures, but I do wish that it had Wi-Fi capabilities so that you could upload them to social media without connecting. My daughter dropped it once and the battery compartment broke and we've had to tape it shut. A sturdier outer shell would be nice. Also, don't let small children around the camera.

The camera's features are hands-down the best: multiple pictures, takes high-speed pictures instantaneous pictures, autofocus, autozoom, long-life rechargeable battery, hooks up to the computer or you can take picture and print pictures right on the spot. The durability of the camera is very strong. It's lightweight, waterproof and has great warranty, scratch proof lens, rubber case, very dependable and durable. The camera is inexpensive and excellent. Definitely worth the value of the money. It's the best camera I've ever owned. I wouldn't own another camera and I would highly recommend it.

I'm not a professional photographer so I can't speak for any specialized features, but it takes good pictures and is relatively easy to use. The features help with taking the best possible photo, and while I'm sure I'm not using it to its full extent, the camera has performed well for me so far. Ever since phones started coming with a camera, the need for a separate camera became an old idea. However, I still find myself using this one on occasion and I'm happy with the results. I wouldn't recommend dropping this on hardwood or from a far distance, but if your grip is a little tighter than most it's still safe to use.

It is simple to use. The film is of good quality and it is easy to remove the film from the camera if you are using a disposable one. The digital camera's photo quality is great too. I can navigate through it fairly easy and the features on the camera can help enhance your photo to your wishes. I value it a lot and it looks very stylish. I think others will see the camera as something of high quality because it's compact in size but comes with many features. You can change the lighting, turn off or turn on flash if you need to and that'll help with the picture quality. You can also zoom in or zoom out if you need get a good view and you don't wanna stand too close or too far from the subject. Also, the camera is made of durable materials. The lens is well protected and won't scratch unless it's deliberate. I've never dropped my camera but it'll most likely survive the fall and be okay to use.

It isn't overly expensive but it also shows in its quality. If it was more expensive it probably would have better quality. But I bought it a while ago. For the time it was decent quality and since then the quality has dramatically improved and it is cost effective which is nice. It works well for beginners and people who must want to capture memories. It makes pictures that you can be proud to show off but it's not for professional use. The camera has survived 4 kids, multiple vacations, and tons of family events. It's been banged around in a diaper bag, dropped and left outside overnight and still works fine.

It works very well and takes excellent pictures with high quality every time! Very easy to use and operate! It has a lot of fun and very useful functions. It also has many different options for different time of the days or night when you can take beautiful better quality pictures! It is very durable and well made! The camera is very well priced, too! You get a lot more value for your money! Very helpful customer service and support from the company! The quality is outstanding and well worth the money! I highly recommend this camera to anyone that is wanting a great camera!

Fuji camera has very easy functionality. No long loading after each picture plus the multiple snapshots give a beautiful resolution. Everything is clear with no fogginess. Also you can write on screen, has slow mother recording, red eye removal and multiple zoom. All these functions make the camera that much dapper. So smooth to keep everything in order. I've dropped it many many times. My camera is flowing on all gears. It hasn't had a hiccup with one function. It is very very durable. I would recommend it to anyone who does a lot of moving. The cam compared to other cameras is the best. I would rather buy a Fuji than a Polaroid any day. Its value is second to none. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

This was new high tech for me with options that I was not familiar with, filters, zooming options and the such. After some research and trial and error I found it to be fun with very pleasant results. The endless possibilities with this products capabilities outweighed the cost bar none, certainly made an amateur produce professional results. The features of many filters, zooming and lighting options available at fingers reach made it possible to have full attention on subjects, rather than fumbling with knobs. I was careful not to ever have to test the durability, however just the feel of it all, would have withstood weather, drops, and all around shaking about.

User friendly and gets out the red eye. It is small so it can fit in your hand easily and the screen is a nice size for being a small camera. Was in sale because it was last year's model. Not much difference between the newer model to mine. Also got a tripod with it which is sturdy and so useful for family photos. Instruction were very easy to understand. I have used all the features and am amazed at how great the pictures turned out. Strong camera for how little it is. I have accidentally dropped the camera on the cement and nothing broke on it. I was so happy. This is a great camera.

It takes great pictures. When taking pictures of people it has a setting that takes the picture once they smile. It is easy to use and to upload pictures. It cost around 120.00 and came with a case, sd card, tripod, and strap. It is good quality for the money and takes great pictures. I have used it for school pictures like dances, soccer games, and prom. The camera has great zoom feature, red eye feature, flash, and more. It is easy to use and does a great job. It can take videos and panorama views. It is easy enough for anyone to use. It seems to be very durable as it gets left in the car all the time. It has fallen off the table once or twice without incident.

The Fuji camera was fast and produced amazing photos. Easy to use and a great warranty just in case it breaks. I love the camera and its features. It has a macro Zoom which allowed me to take close-up pictures of things and distort the background. It is priceless because it can do so many different things and it works so well when you don't really have a great picture. For a beginner I would recommend this camera to anybody that was looking for a high-quality camera that was able to do just about any of the things that the higher-priced camera would do.

I really enjoyed using this camera. It wasn't too bulky or heavy. I was able to instruct my 6 year old nephew on how to use it and it's affordable. Great quality for the price. It's the best. I'm looking to purchase another one for my YouTube videos because I love the camera so much. The camera has great features. The zoom is great it also includes a digital display which I love. I really like the quality. It's lovely. It is durable. My nephew dropped it on concrete and it still works just as well as the day I bought it. This camera is kid friendly.

The camera has different picture modes for different times of day. I like how there is also a portrait mode as well. It connects to my computer as well! I am able to upload pictures easily. It took good quality photos and I had fun using it. It was only $150 and for the price the sound quality and picture are excellent! It's good for taking night pictures too with flash, so it's a good value and I would recommend it to friends. I would like to buy my own sometimes because I was just using a friend's.

I have had my Fuji film FinePix S6000 digital camera for at least 6 years and I think about 9 years but I can't exactly remember. It is still working great, is easy to use and takes great pictures all by itself in auto mode. All I have to do is arrange the subject and push the button. I can take incredible close ups with the super macro setting. If my group of friends is getting together someone always says, "bring your camera", because my photos turn out so well. My daughter knows how to use the many other features so is able to take pictures like a pro and there are loads of settings for taking night pictures and filtered pictures etc.

I enjoyed using this camera because it took clean, sharp pictures, and also performed well in low light. The camera was easy to use and all controls were very obvious. All of the controls are clearly marked and in a handy location. The lcd display is big enough to give you a very good view of what the camera sees. The ability to choose different modes, or effects is simple and a lot of fun. You can manually use the zoom or choose auto-zoom. Also, I really like that it can pick out faces. I have had this camera for a while now, and it works just as good today as the day I bought it. All of the features still work, as well as all of the controls. It also has a very long battery life.

Beautiful exposure and amazing focus, I love the vibrancy it captures. Nothing else like it. Best camera I've used in a long long time. It's not too much but not so inexpensive that it's cheaply made. The lens is great and the camera is very well made. Extra lenses can get expensive but are unnecessary for what I use the camera for. The features are super useful. Different exposures, amazing focus and such great weight. I could hold it all day long and not have a problem. This camera won't ever fail!!! It's lightweight and durability is awesome. I may never buy another camera again. I love it.

A digital camera with several options in lighting, face recognition, and zoom. Takes very clear pictures with no movement visible in photo. Has a long battery life, rechargeable, with USB inputs, cable included. Also comes with memory card, capable of storing 800 photos. This is an entry level digital camera, point and shoot, with no auxiliary attachments available. This price point is very competitive with others in its category, well worth it for nonprofessional photography. This camera features several lighting options for day, night, indoor and outdoor. It also has a 4x zoom for up close shots. It comes with USB capabilities, cable included, to easily transfer photos to a computer for printing. This camera is a great choice for everyday, on the go photography. It has a solid casing, removable battery and comes supplied with battery charger. It works well in any conditions.

I did not pay very much for this camera, in fact, it was a gift so I paid nothing which makes it awesome in value. If I did buy the camera, it would not have costed much but it got the job done. There weren't any features on this camera except flash on or flash off. I am not very experienced with cameras so there might have been more on there that wasn't easily accessible. I dropped my camera several times in many substances including, but not limited to, water, urine, lava, concrete, liquid concrete, human feces, cat feces, bear feces, llama feces, cupcake batter, and shampoo and it still works. Overall I never had any problems with my camera's performance, but it wasn't outstanding. It had the standard features, but nothing special. This is why I am "satisfied" but not "happy" or "would recommend".

This is a great camera. The zoom is great and surpasses others. I also love the settings and the option to buy filters for my camera. I took it with me to the Grand Canyon and it took a beating, and still works great. I think the price could be a little less but I guess for the quality you are getting a great deal for the product value. I would recommend to anyone who does a lot of outdoor photography. I would like to see maybe more features added on. Like to switch to record video to photograph. I like a feature that would be easier to toggle from feature to feature. Overall I am very satisfied with the features. Very durable. I took a week-long adventure rafting down the Grand Canyon and this camera was literally thrown around and exposed to misty water constantly, and this is my main camera 2 years later.

Clear shots, user-friendly, easily viewable, great for both action photography and basic use, and easy to edit and alter settings. Highly satisfied with the features of my camera. The value for this product is excellent... wide variety of price points and good price for product and accessories. It is also easy to find at both big box retailers and specialty shops. Have had no issues with durability, even with very active use. Holds up for regular use and extensive travel schedules. Very pleased with Fuji and would purchase this brand again.

Ease of use is amazing, pictures come out clear and filters are wonderful. On-camera editing is absolutely one of the best features of this camera. The effects produce a one of a kind picture. Amazing camera for landscape shooting. The value you get with a Fuji camera is amazing. Priced at one hundred dollars cheaper than top name brands, yet you are still able to have the same and sometimes better picture quality. The zoom quality on the camera could use a little work, but the macro setting is perfect for those up close shots. The face define feature makes taking portraits in both low light and bright light settings easy. I have owned my Fuji for seven years now, but I never had any problems whatsoever with it. Considering I take between 150 to 200 pics in a weeks time, that is a lot of wear and tear on a camera, but mine works the same as it did the first day I used it.

Charges fast and takes great looking pictures, much better than my phone. The pictures are pretty much photographer level quality. Very pleased I purchased this camera. Bit pricey but worth it if you love taking lasting photos or travel a lot with your family. We take cruises fairly often and this camera is the one we always make sure to take with us. Great zoom, great quality, fast charging, overall great camera. Fuji is a great camera brand, I love mine and would not trade it for any other camera, others simply just don't match it. I have dropped it twice and there's no visible damage, so I would say it is very durable. We had another camera from Polaroid and it stopped working, which is why we bought this one.

This product is very affordable and the size of it is small enough and light enough to carry around all day. The quality of the pictures for this type of product came out fantastic. I purchased the small disposable waterproof camera and for the type of product this is, the value was very good and there's no extra charge of buying film because the film is included. Since it was a small disposable waterproof camera came with film already in it, it didn't have any extra features besides the choice of lighting. Even though this was a plastic small disposable camera it was very durable. My children were able to use it and even then it was dropped it was fine.

I've used this camera for years. It's never failed me. Takes quality photos with ease. Auto focus works great. Zoom stays clear for a reasonable distance. It's a very affordable and worth the price. The quality photos are better than you'd expect. I've seen other cameras that are way more expensive without producing quality of this camera. The memory cards are very reasonably priced as well. The zoom is easy to use while trying to focus and the auto focus works quickly enough to not miss a chance at an amazing picture. The different settings make it easier to capture the type of picture you're looking for. I've been using this camera for over 10 years. From family pictures to live action events and everything in between. I've taken it on many hikes and trails.

I love this camera. It works amazingly and keeps a really good charge. It also has an amazing flash and filter. I would recommend it to anyone especially someone new to cameras. The money value was amazing for what it does and how easy it is to use. I got it at Walmart for a really good price. You can also find on Amazon. The features on it are amazing. You can change all the colors and filters, flash or anything. Great for indoor or outdoor use. Also has a ton of accessories. The durability is amazing. It's been knocked off a table by a rambunctious 2-year old and it was perfectly fine. Good quality for the sample price.

Fuji Company Profile