Casio Camera

Casio Camera

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2011

7 Casio Camera Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 20, 2011

My one-year-old Casio Exilim worked fine until I recharged the battery and took one test picture 3 days before leaving for a vacation. There was a lens error, and the lens would not retract. I contacted Casio Tech, and was told to send it in for estimated repair. I got the estimate for the repair, it was $125 which is $35 more than I paid for the camera. They want $10 to cover S&H back to me or I could upgrade to another reconditioned camera. What a scam!

Original review: April 15, 2011

I received a CasioEXS12 camera for Christmas. I finally opened the camera in March when I took my vacation. The battery slider was totally missing. This part probably cost 50 cents at the most.

So the box the camera came in specifically said not to return the merchandise to the store of purchase, but to send to their repair service center in Dover, NJ, which I did at the tune of about $20.

A week later, I received a letter from them stating that it was "out of warranty repair" and that the total cost to fix it, including shipping, was $81.82!

What a ripoff. Of course they attached a page of reconditioned cameras for sale. No wonder! I'm certainly not going to pay for shipment again.

Casio used to have a good reputation. What they sell now is junk. I sure won't buy their brand again under any circumstance. I have to go buy a camera. My sister is out of the money she paid for the Casio, and I'm out of the money I paid for the shipping to the repair factory.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2010

I sent my EX-S770 camera in for repairs. It’s out of warranty. The camera was returned and I was charged $52.32. The paperwork shows that it was repaired, but it is not. Well, the camera originally cost $289 on sale. When it failed to keep a charge the first time, I was sent a new battery. Same thing happened a few weeks later. Now, I'm out another $50 for a camera that has rarely worked. And of course it is discontinued.

Original review: July 13, 2010

My Casio camera’s warranty repair was rejected. The receipt was dated 5/5/09 from Costco purchased by my daughter-in-law. It was given to me on my birthday on 8/24/10. The camera was shipped on 5/10/10 for repair. The warranty was rejected. I wrote to Lisa ** on 6/21/10 asking for assistance. I called leaving a message on 7/8/10. It was ignored and I got no response. The cost to repair the camera is too much to pay. I expected the warranty to cover it since it was a gift on birthday.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2009
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casio?

Original review: May 11, 2007

I purchased a Casio digital camera (Z75) at J&R Music World for $209 on 3/23/07. J&R music has a 14-day return policy for store-bought items (they have a 30-day return policy if you buy the same item online). I was at the circus with my son on 4/7/07, taking pictures and movies with the camera and everything was fine--I never put the camera away...I only turned it off when I wasn't taking pictures. Then, I turned on the camera and a big black splotch was on the LCD screen.

The camera could no longer take pictures. I wasn't sure what happened because I hadn't done anything with the camera between the time it worked & when it stopped working. I sent the camera to Casio at my expense (approx. $20). The repair department just told me that the LCD screen is cracked internally and that I would have to pay $94 to get it repaired--they said I must have put too much pressure on the LCD screen and that it was not covered by warranty. I was just holding the camera in my hand and wasn't applying any more pressure than was needed to hold onto it.

It is unacceptable that a brand new camera should break after almost no use...after checking the internet, there are several other complaints about the same thing happening and consumers getting the same answer from Casio. I think the cameras have an inherent defect that Casio is ignoring and trying to get more money out of consumers.

Original review: March 22, 2002

Purchased a new digitial camera for $500.00. The camera stopped working within 2 weeks. On Casios' website they claim "if not happy with a product return for a full refund". I did not want a refund but, wanted the camera repaired under warranty. They want $270.00 to repair. They claim negligence. This is an excuse not to fix the camera. I consider myself very responsible in the way I handle ANYTHING I own. I do not abuse or neglect things that would have an original purchase price of $500.00.

Casio expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Casio, a manufacturer of business equipment solutions and consumer electronics, was established in 1957. Their line of digital cameras is designed for casual use.

• Casio Exilim: The Exilim brand of digital cameras were introduced by Casio in 2002. They are ultra-compact models made for easy portability and casual use. They range from standard digital camera models to high-speed, premium models.

• International distributor: Selections of Casio cameras may be limited in the United States, but the Casio and Exilim brands are very popular in the company’s native country, Japan, as well as other parts of Asia. They also have a strong presence in Europe.

• EX-TR selfie cameras: The Exilim line of selfie cameras are specifically designed with selfies in mind. Each camera has a built-in stand for hands-free photography, and they come pre-loaded with various apps like Make-up Mode to enhance the user’s photographs.

• Free style camera: The Casio EX-FR10 and EX-FR100 cameras have detachable lenses. The user can separate the lens from the base unit to allow the user to shoot from any angle or to shoot hands-free.

• Camera comparison tool: The Casio website allows the user to choose a selection of cameras that will appear in a side-by-side comparison chart. This tool is useful in directly comparing models to see which camera is right for the user.

• Best for: Casio’s digital cameras are best for casual users looking for cameras with straightforward designs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs