Canon Cameras
  • 1 star
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Canon Cameras

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 27, 2017

433 Canon Cameras Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My camera has amazing quality for something that is almost, but not quite, a DSLR. It has minimal pixelating/blur from certain distances. It offers many functions which takes a bit of time to learn & excel but like anything else, it takes practice to master. Take the time to try all the functions, especially the manual setting so people learn how to have an "eye" for a photograph, & not just a snapshot.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Canon SX50HS is a very good camera and everyone that sees it is very impressed with the quality of pictures. Have had 5 SX cameras and wore 2 out. One broke and Canon replaced it with a better one under warranty. Electronics could be better but I do like their built in zoom lenses which reaches up to 1300 and that's incredible. It takes great pictures for something lightweight and costs low. The pictures are very clear and can be enlarged without quality lose.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

The Power Shot Elph 160 has poor definition. Found that the previous Power Shot I had for years was better as far as quality. It is convenient and fits in by pocketbook and that is why I like it. Also, the value is good and it's easy to use.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My Canon Rebel is a great camera. It can be very complex to use but it has automated setting which helps. There are several online tutorials to utilize so once you complete those it can be smooth sailing. The camera also came with some editing software and instructions for use. It takes great photos. It's not extremely expensive but also not cheap.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My camera's not bad. Its image quality is good. However, my camera's value is terrible. I have a Canon T3i and it's too big and has a big lens. I would be happier with something I could put in my pocket and walk around with. It's more pro than I need.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

My camera takes great shots. But even though it's an SLR, I STILL have to perfect the settings. It's a good camera & perfect for use on a stand, but action pictures are not so sharp. I am required to make changes to the camera in order to photograph split-decision shots, which is not good. Children, weddings, church activities, gardening activities all change surroundings which require changing camera settings. There are too many selections to make at the drop of a hat. My camera's cost is more than its worth. I've been using my iPad more & the shots are just as good for far less the cost/value of my camera.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

My IS camera is small, compact and lightweight. It fits in a pocket and has wireless connectivity for transfer of pictures. It uses standard SanDisk cards so one can remove and load them into a PC, iPhone or iPad. It's easy to use and takes wonderful low light pictures.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

My Canon camera is compact and is always with me. I use it often so I would be very upset if it was lost or damaged. Although it isn't very high in Megapixels, it takes a very good image and is good in low light so I rarely use a flash. It's also good in auto and manual modes, and has good lens, viewing screen and adequate zoom.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

My Canon EOS Rebel SL1 is a compact SLR camera that takes Canon's EF-S Lenses. When matched with the STM series of lenses, you have a near pro quality camera with an entry level price. While the mirrorless systems are a bit smaller and lighter, they cannot compare to the SLRs in responsiveness and picture quality.01?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

We have a Canon Rebel Digital SLR. Camera is very well and allows both "point-&-shoot" mode as well as a veritable plethora of manually controlled settings. It's pretty hard to mess up a photograph with this machine and the clarity of the photos is easily equal to or better than almost any film type Single Lens Reflex camera.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

My husband gave me a new Canon camera last year for Christmas and he spent a lot on it and I don't like it. It's very hard to use and the pictures don't come out that great for the price of the camera. I'm disappointed in this camera because it is a good brand. My last camera was a Kodak and it was great. But I dropped it and the screen won't work after that.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Good all round camera. Easy to use if you're only taking snaps. It's top of the range. For pro stuff it is entry level Canon EOS 1200d but still you can get excellent photos better than other higher spec cameras.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I own several cameras, among them NIKON and several CANON cameras which I use for different purposes and on different occasions, travel etc. Going back to one of the first high-quality SLR's, EXAKTA.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Easy to use with the exception of night time photography, fireworks, or the moon, stars, etc. You really need photography classes to get good results if you don't know how to take pictures in these instances.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

I have 41 years of photographic experience, including development processing of my films. Smart phones take better pictures than my Canon Rebel T5. I have used Canon's telephoto, zoom, and prime lenses. The camera is not consistent in focusing and exposure. The shutter may contribute to shake.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I ordered a T6s Digital camera from Canon on June 10 2016, it came with a bad battery. They promised a replacement and till this day they have not. Each time I call them, they keep saying the battery is on backorder, since June. We are now in August.

Original review: July 26, 2016

I am a semi-professional commercial photographer and have always used Canon cameras. In August 2011, I upgraded to a 60D but soon was in an accident that left me unable to use the product for over a year. When I was able to get back to photography, I noticed that the camera wasn't focusing sharply and since the warranty had expired, I had to pay $200 to send it in to have the focus sighted in properly. This "repair" was done in June 2013. This camera has never focused properly and I was having so many of my images rejected that I finally began using my old T2i. I thought it might be camera shake from hand holding, but using a tripod and cable release didn't solve the problem. I thought it might be the lenses, so I calibrated them and still soft images. I paid $1300 for this camera, have hardly used it, and now it is worth a mere $230 if I was to sell it back.

I have spent thousands of dollars on Canon equipment over the years buying expensive L-Series lenses (some costing more than the camera), so I'm sure anyone can imagine my frustration. I kept the camera in hopes that I could figure out the issue and have it rectified rather than having to return it, but no such luck. I finally did some Internet searching and found that I am not the only one having this problem with this model of camera. So, I ate $1500, have no camera to show for it and a whole bunch of expensive lenses that are now useless. I don't have the money to drop on another camera so I guess I'm tough out of luck. How utterly disappointing.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I purchased on eBay a Canon T6S (six month ago) from a company called "Alvarietys". Camera is on warranty. After 1000 shots I got err09 on camera. I have to say I take care very well my camera. I emailed "Alvarietys" to ask a receipt of my purchase to send to Canon BUT someone in the company insisted on sending directly to them instead of Canon. I sent to them. Today I got a call from "Alvarietys" they sent my camera for repair and Canon is asking $190 for repair because of corrosion.

Original review: July 11, 2016

Love the Rebel SL1. I purchased this camera for an upcoming vacation. I love the touchscreen display. Unfortunately the camera did not come with a travel bag or an SD card (even if it were a small card to get you started at least). The software included with the camera is kind of overload, and to be honest, I just use the iPhoto app on my Mac to take care of the photo editing needs. A great camera for the beginning photographer. Photos are wonderful.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I'm an active volunteer in our church's media team, and one of the things I do is take photos or short video clips during events. Our team happens to have the Canon 6D. Frankly, although I enjoy taking photos and videos, I know not much about the technicalities of those yet and so I haven't gotten much understanding about the awesome features of really expensive cameras like the Canon 6D. However, in my experience of using it so far, I would say that it has been rather easy to operate. It takes beautiful photos too, especially with a prime lens. I noticed that compared to photos I take with my entry level Nikon, the general color of Canon photos is more on the "rosy" side. It's more pinkish. At least that's how I see it. I'm sure professional photographers love their Canon because they undeniably take beautiful photos, but I still prefer my Nikon's output. :-)

Original review: May 20, 2016

Canon really do have good quality cameras. The price is really worth it. It takes amazing photos and videos. The quality of the picture is really good. It's very clear and the colors are great. I love using my Canon Camera. I always bring it with me wherever I go... office, mall, beach, park and even inside the bathroom! haha! But it's a bit big... maybe they could make something about the size and the weight. It's kind of heavy. Nevertheless, it is really a great product! Love it!

Original review: May 19, 2016

I got a Canon IXUS 160 as a gift and it's great. The pictures I take are crisp and clear and the audio/video recording is pretty good. The only problem is that for some reason, the auto-focus goes out of focus after a few seconds. Not sure why this is happening, if this is a malfunction in my unit or I just don't know how to use it right. This makes the camera really hard to use, and I have to turn it off and on again just to regain the focus. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I've never been a fan of Canon (always been a Nikon fan) but this digicam was supposed to change my mind, and it hasn't. I'm really hoping to have this fixed so I can give it another go.

Original review: May 4, 2016

This Canon VIXIA HF R600 video camera has no viewfinder - only a video screen. When lighting is at your back, you can't see what is on the screen. The video it takes is fantastic, but may not be what you had your sights(less) set on.

Original review: April 4, 2016

Have been a loyal Canon customer for 10 years. My first camera years ago was a Canon 40D and it lasted a long time. Around this time last year, I purchased a Canon T5i from Amazon. Within the first month, the shutter broke. Okay. Sent camera back to Amazon and they sent a replacement. Within three months the replacement had many issues. (BTW, Amazon will only give you one replacement. After that, you're screwed) So I took it to my "camera guy" with 40 years experience and he looked at it, shook his head and said, "Contact Canon, it has to have some kind of warranty". I did contact canon and they sent a replacement T6i. I was very pleased!

8 months later, I could no longer shoot in manual and when I shot in AV or P or even Auto. When I first turn the camera on, the first couple hundred shots, I would have to wait for it to record the images. Yes, I would have to sit and wait 10 mins. for images to record. I tried different lens, media cards (just in case) kept doing it over and over and I missed shooting in manual. Then the last thing to go, I was finishing up a shoot and every frame had what looked like a black ribbon over the whole image.

I contacted Canon since replacement was still under warranty and they sent a refurbished T6i. Much to my disappointment, the replacement had the same issue with recording the images and it wouldn't allow me to use the flash on camera. Would stop to a dead crawl and is impossible to shoot with. I contacted Canon again. I said "Please I'll try a refurbished... Whatever you have available just not a Rebel Ti series. (BTW, I also had purchased a while back a T3i which did last about 16 months before I had to take to my "camera guy" to have some parts replaced.)

At any rate, Canon said they can't do anything for me now. They offered a refurbished 70d at a discounted price but when I add up the $ I spent on the Rebel Ti and then what they want to charge me for refurbished 70D. It would be the same $ as a new 70D only. I'm getting a refurbished 70D and I have to deal with Canon. Just want the camera to work! They should work for at least a year. It's a shame. I will say that I have owned Fuji cameras and a Panasonic camera and they have been outstanding. Especially the Fuji, they have outperformed all of the Canons! As it stands now, I'm still paying off $ that I spent on my initial purchased Canon and I don't have a camera that I can use. I would say, if you are considering a Canon camera, I would strongly advise a different brand, Fuji or Nikon perhaps.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

Purchased a Canon Powershot SH520 HS online. It was delivered Friday, February 26, 2016. I charged the battery overnight and installed it on Saturday morning. I got a 'lens error' message which said the camera would shut down and then to restart. It did this several times. I even removed and reinstalled the battery, again with no change. It's a poor reflection on a company that does not check their products before selling them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

This camera was a good camera for three years. However, for the price paid, it fell well below expectations. A total disaster! After three years the power lens quit working. Plain speaking, the camera doesn't work at all. So, I went back to my Pentax camera. I've had it for over twenty years. It still works and produces excellent 35mm pictures. Canon, you had your chance and blew it on this rip-off camera. I saw a video on YouTube on how to fix this camera. All you need is an axe!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I purchased a camera in September with a mail in rebate of $350. I sent the rebate in before October 2015. I went back and forth with them for months waiting for my $350 to be mailed. They keep telling me different stories, why they are busy and have not sent it out yet. It has been 4 months and they have no intention on paying me. I am very stressed over this and it's created so much anxiety. I feel like I am a victim of the Canon mail in rebate scam. I would never deal with this company again and do not trust them. The company is a billion dollar company and I'm just a customer that helped them get rich. I want to sue for the stress and anxiety this has caused me.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2015

I ordered Canon PowerShot SX400 IS Black Refurbished on 12/15 and received email saying "Once your order has been confirmed and ships from our warehouse, you will receive another e-mail with shipment and tracking information". And now it has been a week and they are saying order is out of stock, but still pending. Not sure when they will have it in stock. No one is able to give a proper response. I called customer service about whereabouts of the camera, but all they say is "pending". I am not sure what do they mean by pending and for how long? At least give ETA about order so that I can plan accordingly. I need this camera for my trip and now that I don't know about this order, I suddenly feel like I have been betrayed. One of the worst planning and management I have ever seen.

Original review: July 29, 2015

I paid 200 to get my camera repaired and was told I would hear from them in updates online and the repair would be done in 5-7 business days. I was never contacted in over 3 weeks and I called twice and was told I would get an email. I contacted the CEO (email) and was given a regular repair number to call. I called and was told my camera had water damage and could not be repaired. I do not remember getting my Camera wet, but should that 3 weeks to find out? I asked to speak to a manager and after holding for 5 minutes (I actually timed this) I hung up. Exactly what they wanted.

I emailed the CEO to let him know what transpired and how I felt about being treated this way. No response. Listen, many cameras are as good as a Canon - if customer service isn't a pleasure and doesn't leave you happy, why get a Canon? I have been a loyal Canon user my whole adult life - and when people see my pictures they immediately ask what camera I use. For now on I will not have a Canon. We all know it's the photographer, not the Camera. Let's not be free advertising for a company that cares nothing about us.

Original review: July 22, 2015

I have a Canon 6d and was shooting w/ a 24-105 mm f/4.0 L. My lens was making loud noises and about every 1000 shots I would get an error 01 message, however this was simply rectified by dismounting the lens and putting it back on. I figured I would send it into Canon to have an image sensor cleaning because that is typically the best way to solve an error 01. Huge mistake on my part.

Initially I sent in my product asking Canon to do a rough estimate of the repair costs and then contact me with that price before doing anything. Canon never contacted me, I had to reach out to them. Once I found out the price to just see what was wrong was $400 (just to see what was wrong!) I told them I couldn't afford it and I'd just pay for an image sensor cleaning. I paid for that over the phone but the Canon representative failed to tell me that I would have to pay for both the lens and the body. Because I was unaware of this, my camera and lens were held for an extra week without anyone contacting me.

The best part, once I got the lens back, it didn't work at all! When I first sent it in, the lens was just making a loud noise and about every 1000 shots, I would get an error message that was simply fixed by removing the lens and then putting it back on. Now, the lens does not work at all. I'm sure Canon will ignore this, but I would have thought for an industry leading camera providing, the customer service would have been on par. Extremely disappointed in the fact that I invested pretty much all of my savings in buying this body and lens and Canon could care less.

Canon Cameras Company Information