Canon Cameras

Compare Camera Brands

Research top Camera Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

After purchasing my Canon Rebel T5i, I found myself in awe and also extremely confused. It's an excellent camera for a beginner and there are a lot of different shooting options and attachments that can be purchased for it. I found mine on Amazon and it came with 5 lenses, a tripod, bag and memory cards for a very good price. Overall, the camera takes great still photographs and the image quality is good with the many internal options it has but it does not do as great with action shots as the shutter speed does not allow for it to go as fast as you may need it. Then again, I just may need more education on how to use it.

Canon is the best for its price. Its still photos and non-blurred videos are consistently excellent. I get the best image quality for the money. Speed is also consistently good. Turn on the auto and it will give you excellence, learn the manual and you've got it all. It's the best bang for your buck.

Mine is a Canon T1i and despite its age it never disappoints me. It never leaves me without the shot I want. I do a lot of what I call "gotcha" wildlife pics which are the ones you see while out doing something else and snap, rather than spending hours setting up their shot and waiting until the perfect shot presents itself. The quality and value of the camera is outstanding. My other love is equally demanding for a camera... marching band and color guard competition shots actually during those competitions. I have an old shoulder fracture AND a trashed rotator cuff and still am able to easily obtain shots that consistently make people say, "Wow!" I really wish I could upload some of my pics and allow you to judge for yourself!

Although other brands may have more current performance specs in some areas, Canon is always an excellent total package for amateurs and professionals alike. They have the best menu system and the best touch screens. However, it lacks some current performance capability in low light and in video. If Canon would become more current with fast developing technology, I would give the highest rating but, making cameras that will be current for a long time has been a Canon philosophy.

I love it. It captures all my special & favorite moments. It's easy for my kids to use as well. It's great for the family and family moments as well as friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

For wildlife shooting, my Canon camera is a very good choice because of 10 fps, and high and fast ISO available. I like it and chose it for this reason. Focusing was a problem, and though now minor, still persists, but this is because bought from 42nd ST Photo which sells questionable quality products and uses other deceptive methods to scam customers, therefore it is not representative of Canon quality. What I point at and shoot comes out in the photo to the right of what I aimed at. But after I had a Canon rep walk through and advise on best settings, and advice from photographers in the field, I have my camera set so that it operates like a point and shoot. For my birding purposes, this is optimum and I love it.

My camera is versatile, compact & high quality. For a couple of hundred dollars, I get Canon quality. The image quality is very good. Moreover, it's well-made and almost indestructible. In addition, it's point & shoot, easy to carry & easy to use. However, the only problem I have is battery life. Two AA batteries don't cut it.

I bought a Canon T3i. My camera feels good and the controls are easy to change when setting up for a shot. However, the mechanics are not so good. It has hidden faults. No one told me about flash problems not covered by warranty and an EOS lens with a hair between the lenses. The camera's not worth the money and it's not good for paperweight, but there's no sorry or exchange. The image quality depends on the lens and overall knowledge of the user. When using the correct lens, the image will be good to enlarge, and there's no need to worry about the image being pixelated.

I have a small slr which is an ideal size for carrying on long walks. Its video is not bad, however the long zoom is useless even with a tripod, the controls are tricky to use, and the battery life not very good. It would be better if the lens has a better quality and is interchangeable.

My camera's easy to use, even a 5 yr old can take good pictures with it. It creates clear pictures which can be processed on certain home printers. I love it. I would recommend it to anyone.

I bought my Canon eos rebel, a digital camera with great picture quality, on sale to take graduation pictures in 2015. The camera's price and quality were superb and it came with accessories. Canon is a great brand.

I use a Canon 6d camera body with a 24-70 2.8L lens. It couldn't be used easily by the average consumer, but with proper training, it's very easy! On a professional level, I love my camera and it is the perfect tool to create the images I want to create. It's very expensive but it's the proper tool with which to do my job so it's worth it.

I love and collect Canon cameras. My SX520HS is good for the price as it is easy to use and gives super and clear images. The factory lens is more than acceptable in quality. However, I wish it had interchangeable lenses.

I have a small Canon camera that is hard to control and hold to get a good picture. I also have to search to find the controls. Although the quality of the pictures is okay, the camera itself didn't last too long. I found condensation inside and it never worked again. I am old-fashioned and for the price, it was expensive.

Cameras are expensive but with what I paid for my Canon Rebel T5i EOS DSLR, it's a great one with lots of wonderful features for a starter photographer or photo enthusiast. It is relatively lightweight, compact, versatile and simple to put work. It takes gorgeous pictures but could benefit by purchasing the 50-250 fps lens.

I have a point and shoot high quality Canon camera that takes good pictures with ease. You can get off a quick shot the moment it appears on your screen and it shows image detail, even with shots of animals. For a low to mid-priced camera, it delivers a fine photo & video with zoom.

It's a very high-quality camera knowing I have dropped it three times but it just made a scuff with no dents. I love the little screen on the camera. I also like how clear and bright the pictures come out and how easy it is to handle for me and use for anybody else that doesn't have knowledge on cameras or computers. For its quality, it has a very decent price.

I have a Canon Eos Rebel DSLR which is the first digital SLR I have owned and so far, it is the best camera I have ever purchased. Images are clear and sharp, especially the ones I take late in the day or at night. Camera is easy to use and is adjustable for any situation. I can go completely automatic, or manual or any combination. It has excellent workmanship and performance. I couldn't ask for higher quality.

My camera costs a lot of money but it's worth it. It takes good and clear pictures. It's very simple to use and the battery holds up for a long time.

I have a small basic SLR SL1. It's easy to use, from point and shoot to full manual, and takes very good pictures on a reasonable price for anyone on tight budget. It's lightweight and takes many lenses. However, I wish it had articulating screen but size prohibits that from happening, like the touch screen feature and optical viewfinder which I use more than live view.

My camera has amazing quality for something that is almost, but not quite, a DSLR. It has minimal pixelating/blur from certain distances. It offers many functions which takes a bit of time to learn & excel but like anything else, it takes practice to master. Take the time to try all the functions, especially the manual setting so people learn how to have an "eye" for a photograph, & not just a snapshot.

Canon SX50HS is a very good camera and everyone that sees it is very impressed with the quality of pictures. Have had 5 SX cameras and wore 2 out. One broke and Canon replaced it with a better one under warranty. Electronics could be better but I do like their built in zoom lenses which reaches up to 1300 and that's incredible. It takes great pictures for something lightweight and costs low. The pictures are very clear and can be enlarged without quality lose.

The Power Shot Elph 160 has poor definition. Found that the previous Power Shot I had for years was better as far as quality. It is convenient and fits in by pocketbook and that is why I like it. Also, the value is good and it's easy to use.

My Canon Rebel is a great camera. It can be very complex to use but it has automated setting which helps. There are several online tutorials to utilize so once you complete those it can be smooth sailing. The camera also came with some editing software and instructions for use. It takes great photos. It's not extremely expensive but also not cheap.

My camera's not bad. Its image quality is good. However, my camera's value is terrible. I have a Canon T3i and it's too big and has a big lens. I would be happier with something I could put in my pocket and walk around with. It's more pro than I need.

My camera takes great shots. But even though it's an SLR, I STILL have to perfect the settings. It's a good camera & perfect for use on a stand, but action pictures are not so sharp. I am required to make changes to the camera in order to photograph split-decision shots, which is not good. Children, weddings, church activities, gardening activities all change surroundings which require changing camera settings. There are too many selections to make at the drop of a hat. My camera's cost is more than its worth. I've been using my iPad more & the shots are just as good for far less the cost/value of my camera.

My IS camera is small, compact and lightweight. It fits in a pocket and has wireless connectivity for transfer of pictures. It uses standard SanDisk cards so one can remove and load them into a PC, iPhone or iPad. It's easy to use and takes wonderful low light pictures.

My Canon camera is compact and is always with me. I use it often so I would be very upset if it was lost or damaged. Although it isn't very high in Megapixels, it takes a very good image and is good in low light so I rarely use a flash. It's also good in auto and manual modes, and has good lens, viewing screen and adequate zoom.

My Canon EOS Rebel SL1 is a compact SLR camera that takes Canon's EF-S Lenses. When matched with the STM series of lenses, you have a near pro quality camera with an entry level price. While the mirrorless systems are a bit smaller and lighter, they cannot compare to the SLRs in responsiveness and picture quality.01?

We have a Canon Rebel Digital SLR. Camera is very well and allows both "point-&-shoot" mode as well as a veritable plethora of manually controlled settings. It's pretty hard to mess up a photograph with this machine and the clarity of the photos is easily equal to or better than almost any film type Single Lens Reflex camera.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Canon is a leading manufacturer of consumer and business imaging solutions. Cameras comprise only one branch of their vast product line.

• Universal design: One of the core tenets of Canon’s design philosophy is to make its products as user-friendly as possible. After careful analysis of how consumers interact with their products, Canon applies their findings to increase usability, flexibility and customer convenience.
  • Canon online learning: Canon offers numerous digital classes for sale through their website. With courses ranging from beginners’ guides to DSLR camera use to more specialized classes like landscape photography, Canon’s classes are designed by professionals to provide users with lessons catered to their interests. There are also Quick Tip videos available for free on the Canon Learning section of their website.
  • Community outreach and sustainability initiatives: Canon is a firm believer in community outreach and environmental conservation. Canon has partnered with Wildlife Conservation Society, Friends of Arcadia and other conservation programs, and the company encourages consumers to recycle their toner cartridges through its return program. Canon4Kids is another outreach program designed to aid in the search for missing children.
  • Free shipping: Canon provides free shipping on a few of its products. Standard offers include free ground shipping for products totaling over $100 and free next-day shipping on pre-ordered products as well as a few shipping deals for specific products like toner and printing accessories.
  • Refurbished sales: Rotating refurbished sales provide consumers with the option of spending less money for a pre-used product. Cameras and accessories rotate regularly as they become available.
  • Best for Canon cameras are best for consumers getting started in photography, though its high-end products are designed to satisfy professionals as well.

Compare Camera Brands