Canon Cameras

Canon Cameras
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

Canon Cameras Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon Cameras?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I placed an Order in October 2020 for ink cartridges for a Canon printer. I was told that the Order was on "back order". 11-7-20 I located the cartridges at another place. I tried to contact Canon to cancel the Order. After searching for 20 minutes I realized there is no way to cancel an order online. I then called Customer Service and was told that there is a 20 minute wait on the phone. I can not wait on hold for 20 minutes. I then went back on the internet and after much searching located an email address. I sent an email. Clearly Canon does not want to give the option to cancel an order or even to speak to a customer service rep. I had this problem last year. However, I decided to give them another chance. I will never order anything from Canon. I will not accept that kind of service.

Original review: July 20, 2020

Canon had lost me as a customer. I ordered a refurbished camera on June 14, 2020. It was delivered on June 16, 2020 by FedEx, Canon’s shipment partner. FedEx did not deliver the camera properly (should have been delivered to the secure package locker in my apartment complex, but was instead delivered to an unsecured room and was immediately stolen). FedEx and Canon have an agreement that all customer claims must be filed by Canon on behalf of the customer. I called on June 17 and was on hold waiting for a rep for nearly an hour. The rep assured me she submitted the claim. I called back a week later, waited another hour on hold, and was assured by that rep that the claim was processing.

When I called back a few days later (again, on hold for an hour), the rep immediately escalated me to a manager who, while consistently interrupting me, stated a claim had never formally been filed and he would do that for me on that call. I waited on hold for 10 minutes. The manager seemed hopeful my claim would be approved.

I called back two more times — once to check on the status of the claim (still pending) and again to request the serial number of the camera after it had been requested by my local PD for their investigation. I was informed, via VM, that the claim with FedEx had been denied and that Canon had no record of the camera’s serial number. The manager now refuses to answer any of my calls and I go straight to VM. After spending $320 and hours on the phone, no one is making me whole for a purchase I did not receive due to no fault of my own. Awful customer service. Awful call center operations. Awful shipping partnerships. Awful all the way around. Never purchasing through Canon again.

Get buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I recently purchased a refurbished Canon M50 camera with lens kit through their website. The lens that came with the kit is really bad. I originally called Canon CS to purchase another lens but was treated so rudely that I will never buy another canon product again. I never leave negative reviews but canon disgusted me so much I felt I had to.

Original review: June 1, 2020

I have been trying all day to get through to someone for support. Every time I call I get transferred to an automated service and get no technical support. I cannot do my work because of this. Very disappointed! I expected more from Canon.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I purchased a Powershot G3X, the ribbon connecting the screen to the unit failed after 27 months, rendering the camera useless. The standard reply was "it is out of warranty and we charge £130 basic repair costs." Canon take no responsibility for their short lived products. Once it is out of warranty they wash their hands of you. Shame on Canon and your terrible treatment of customers. Cannot.... Not Canon.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Excellent image quality in a professional grade camera. Wide array of excellent lenses and accessories. Canon is continually upgrading its technology, keeping it at the forefront of digital advances.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Excellent, very good size (small one hand operation). Extremely good zoom for the size and cost of the camera, ample adjustments and features for custom pictures. Battery life was never a problem. Charging or duration during any day no matter how many photos l took, (500 +/_ during a two week vacations. I would buy another one may be a little more advanced, zoom and pixels.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I love their products, but Canon's rebate policy is not good. I wish they would provide instant rebates during purchase, instead customers need to mail it in by a provided date. I moved and delivered my 5th baby boy, so I did not send it in on time. Canon would not honor the rebate. I purchased a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera with 24-105mm f/4L II Lens for $3,999.00 and only purchased a printer with it because the rebate offered when purchased together. I lost $250. I believe this is not the best customer service. Nikon and Sony have gained a new customer.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

If you are like me, here is your situation: you’ve steadily accrued several Canon EOS cameras: Rebel, T3, T5i, 80D... and as each one has improved over the other, hour photos have gotten better as well. Along the way you’ve accumulated several EF lenses for Canon full frame cameras that also fit on your APS-C Canon cameras. You even have several nice flashes, tripods, cases, and memory cards. But, you want to take it to the next level.

You want to go full frame for a few reasons. 1) The photo is just plain better - no getting around that. 2) You want those EF lenses to be used to their full potential. 3) Time has come to move away from simple amateur status... you have to keep moving forward. You hesitate for a few reasons: 1) The 5D models and 1D are just too expensive. 2) You are not a pro... yet. 3) You have grown accustomed to using a viewfinder that pivots and swivels so you can take pictures close to the ground and way overhead... but those cameras do not have that feature. 4) You don’t want a heavy camera.

Enter the Canon 6D Mark II. It is THE least expensive new full frame camera from Canon. It is THE only full frame Canon camera with articulating screen. It is THE Canon camera that is actively billed as the stepping stone between amateur and pro. It is THE lightest full frame camera from Canon. It is THE least expensive full frame camera from Canon. And... it takes great photos. I am so happy I made the switch. I can use those great lenses to their greatest ability. I have a full frame camera. It is light. It has great quality. And I can use it the same way I used my older cameras with articulating screen. Five stars.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I'm feeling a bit disappointed in Canon. I purchased the refurbished EOS Rebel T6 EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens Kit on Friday 11/30 for $320.99 and the impression given was that it was an extended Cyber Monday deal. However, today, Monday 12/3, it's $267.49 for the same exact camera! I called customer service and told them it was a 53.50 and they only gave me a $50 credit back that they said could take a full billing cycle to get. I had to call back again to get the price difference of 53.50 which I still have to wait for. It's just crazy how deceptive the pricing was and how I had to waste time calling customer service about it.

Canon author review by ConsumerAffairs

Canon is a leading manufacturer of consumer and business imaging solutions. Cameras comprise only one branch of their vast product line.

• Universal design: One of the core tenets of Canon’s design philosophy is to make its products as user-friendly as possible. After careful analysis of how consumers interact with their products, Canon applies their findings to increase usability, flexibility and customer convenience.

• Canon online learning: Canon offers numerous digital classes for sale through their website. With courses ranging from beginners’ guides to DSLR camera use to more specialized classes like landscape photography, Canon’s classes are designed by professionals to provide users with lessons catered to their interests. There are also Quick Tip videos available for free on the Canon Learning section of their website.

• Community outreach and sustainability initiatives: Canon is a firm believer in community outreach and environmental conservation. Canon has partnered with Wildlife Conservation Society, Friends of Arcadia and other conservation programs, and the company encourages consumers to recycle their toner cartridges through its return program. Canon4Kids is another outreach program designed to aid in the search for missing children.

• Free shipping: Canon provides free shipping on a few of its products. Standard offers include free ground shipping for products totaling over $100 and free next-day shipping on pre-ordered products as well as a few shipping deals for specific products like toner and printing accessories.

• Refurbished sales: Rotating refurbished sales provide consumers with the option of spending less money for a pre-used product. Cameras and accessories rotate regularly as they become available.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team