Canon Cameras
  • 1 star
Based on 44 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Canon Cameras

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 27, 2017

433 Canon Cameras Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was initially very pleased with Canon sx720 HS camera but I had what I thought was minor issue. In taking pictures in dark environments I noticed that there was a 2 to 4 second delay in the shutter. I called Canon as was told they would fix it no prob. I sent it in and several weeks later it was returned to me with a note saying it was operating with normal parameters. I called again and was basically told I was out of luck. So I am back to taking family photos like in the 1800s where everyone has to hold still for the photo, I also own a T3 rebel and a 60D. Good cameras but I will not be buying any more Canon products because they do not seem to want to stand behind their product.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I had a Canon Powershot A430, which I purchased 12 odd years ago. Although outdated, it took marvelous photographs, and proved itself when I took posed pictures of my step-daughter, as she and her two best friends were about to leave for their prom. The camera went missing during a move from one province to another, and I ended up purchasing another AA battery make through a local retail outlet. Although possessing more pixels, it wasn't the same and is now a backup, but I did manage to purchase another A430 online through eBay. This camera is like hen's teeth now, rare and worth its weight in gold.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Just bought a Canon a month or so ago and excited about it. Lens cap not working/malfunctioning already. They Will Not fix but will replace with another camera for 89 bucks!! Canon, a mistake... a mistake I don't plan on making again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

The Canon M series is definitely a bang for the buck! And with the adapter for lenses, the high quality imagery has no limits. It is light, compact and easy to use. The screen for functions has many options with an easy understanding and a sharp quality of font, which other cameras may not have.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Canon SL1: image quality is very good; not full frame, though. But it is a cheap DSLR and the lightest one made, so it is easy to keep with us when we travel. I bought one for my wife, and liked it so much I bought one for myself!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canon?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I'm on my second Canon PIXMA. The present one is 12 years old and still functioning perfectly. Took a class to learn how to use more of its features and don't regret that. However, since my Android phone camera lets me edit on it, I tend to use that more now.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Long time Canon user with a variety of types of cameras from point and shoot to SLRs and find the lens quality excellent and ease of use good, logical and intuitive.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I have had a Power Shot SX 40 HS for 3+ years. The camera is light enough to carry comfortably, reasonably intuitive and takes excellent pictures for someone who is not accustomed to taking pictures regularly.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Tried multiple times to follow video instructions to connect camera. Downloaded programs onto my computer. All attempts to import photos from camera failed. Video instructions don't match my camera's menu. I have Windows 10; only instructions on website mention Windows 8. My computer says I can import photos; cannot. Established Canon accounts to no avail. Have wasted hours on this thankless process. Do NOT buy a Canon digital camera which is supposed to be "simple." This camera was a gift. Luckily, I only have a handful of photos on it. Will go back to using my cell phone, which at least makes photos accessible to me, instead of trapped inside a useless camera.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I just purchased a Canon Ti5 plus an extra zoom lens. After just a few uses the rim of the lens broke off preventing the lens cover from staying on. This, I was told was under the year warranty when I called customer support. Having only had the lens for a few months I send it in to be repaired. I was sent a bill for $123.00 and told that it was not under warranty. I have not mishandled the lens in any way clearly indicating that the issue is a manufacture defect and should be repaired under the year warranty that was indicated when purchased. Don't be fooled by the sweet tech people when they say there is a warranty on the products you buy from Canon. This is far from the truth.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

After purchasing my Canon Rebel T5i, I found myself in awe and also extremely confused. It's an excellent camera for a beginner and there are a lot of different shooting options and attachments that can be purchased for it. I found mine on Amazon and it came with 5 lenses, a tripod, bag and memory cards for a very good price. Overall, the camera takes great still photographs and the image quality is good with the many internal options it has but it does not do as great with action shots as the shutter speed does not allow for it to go as fast as you may need it. Then again, I just may need more education on how to use it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Canon is the best for its price. Its still photos and non-blurred videos are consistently excellent. I get the best image quality for the money. Speed is also consistently good. Turn on the auto and it will give you excellence, learn the manual and you've got it all. It's the best bang for your buck.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Mine is a Canon T1i and despite its age it never disappoints me. It never leaves me without the shot I want. I do a lot of what I call "gotcha" wildlife pics which are the ones you see while out doing something else and snap, rather than spending hours setting up their shot and waiting until the perfect shot presents itself. The quality and value of the camera is outstanding. My other love is equally demanding for a camera... marching band and color guard competition shots actually during those competitions. I have an old shoulder fracture AND a trashed rotator cuff and still am able to easily obtain shots that consistently make people say, "Wow!" I really wish I could upload some of my pics and allow you to judge for yourself!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Although other brands may have more current performance specs in some areas, Canon is always an excellent total package for amateurs and professionals alike. They have the best menu system and the best touch screens. However, it lacks some current performance capability in low light and in video. If Canon would become more current with fast developing technology, I would give the highest rating but, making cameras that will be current for a long time has been a Canon philosophy.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I love it. It captures all my special & favorite moments. It's easy for my kids to use as well. It's great for the family and family moments as well as friends.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

For wildlife shooting, my Canon camera is a very good choice because of 10 fps, and high and fast ISO available. I like it and chose it for this reason. Focusing was a problem, and though now minor, still persists, but this is because bought from 42nd ST Photo which sells questionable quality products and uses other deceptive methods to scam customers, therefore it is not representative of Canon quality. What I point at and shoot comes out in the photo to the right of what I aimed at. But after I had a Canon rep walk through and advise on best settings, and advice from photographers in the field, I have my camera set so that it operates like a point and shoot. For my birding purposes, this is optimum and I love it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My camera is versatile, compact & high quality. For a couple of hundred dollars, I get Canon quality. The image quality is very good. Moreover, it's well-made and almost indestructible. In addition, it's point & shoot, easy to carry & easy to use. However, the only problem I have is battery life. Two AA batteries don't cut it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I bought a Canon T3i. My camera feels good and the controls are easy to change when setting up for a shot. However, the mechanics are not so good. It has hidden faults. No one told me about flash problems not covered by warranty and an EOS lens with a hair between the lenses. The camera's not worth the money and it's not good for paperweight, but there's no sorry or exchange. The image quality depends on the lens and overall knowledge of the user. When using the correct lens, the image will be good to enlarge, and there's no need to worry about the image being pixelated.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I have a small slr which is an ideal size for carrying on long walks. Its video is not bad, however the long zoom is useless even with a tripod, the controls are tricky to use, and the battery life not very good. It would be better if the lens has a better quality and is interchangeable.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

My camera's easy to use, even a 5 yr old can take good pictures with it. It creates clear pictures which can be processed on certain home printers. I love it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I bought my Canon eos rebel, a digital camera with great picture quality, on sale to take graduation pictures in 2015. The camera's price and quality were superb and it came with accessories. Canon is a great brand.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I use a Canon 6d camera body with a 24-70 2.8L lens. It couldn't be used easily by the average consumer, but with proper training, it's very easy! On a professional level, I love my camera and it is the perfect tool to create the images I want to create. It's very expensive but it's the proper tool with which to do my job so it's worth it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I love and collect Canon cameras. My SX520HS is good for the price as it is easy to use and gives super and clear images. The factory lens is more than acceptable in quality. However, I wish it had interchangeable lenses.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I have a small Canon camera that is hard to control and hold to get a good picture. I also have to search to find the controls. Although the quality of the pictures is okay, the camera itself didn't last too long. I found condensation inside and it never worked again. I am old-fashioned and for the price, it was expensive.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Cameras are expensive but with what I paid for my Canon Rebel T5i EOS DSLR, it's a great one with lots of wonderful features for a starter photographer or photo enthusiast. It is relatively lightweight, compact, versatile and simple to put work. It takes gorgeous pictures but could benefit by purchasing the 50-250 fps lens.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I have a point and shoot high quality Canon camera that takes good pictures with ease. You can get off a quick shot the moment it appears on your screen and it shows image detail, even with shots of animals. For a low to mid-priced camera, it delivers a fine photo & video with zoom.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

It's a very high-quality camera knowing I have dropped it three times but it just made a scuff with no dents. I love the little screen on the camera. I also like how clear and bright the pictures come out and how easy it is to handle for me and use for anybody else that doesn't have knowledge on cameras or computers. For its quality, it has a very decent price.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I have a Canon Eos Rebel DSLR which is the first digital SLR I have owned and so far, it is the best camera I have ever purchased. Images are clear and sharp, especially the ones I take late in the day or at night. Camera is easy to use and is adjustable for any situation. I can go completely automatic, or manual or any combination. It has excellent workmanship and performance. I couldn't ask for higher quality.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

My camera costs a lot of money but it's worth it. It takes good and clear pictures. It's very simple to use and the battery holds up for a long time.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I have a small basic SLR SL1. It's easy to use, from point and shoot to full manual, and takes very good pictures on a reasonable price for anyone on tight budget. It's lightweight and takes many lenses. However, I wish it had articulating screen but size prohibits that from happening, like the touch screen feature and optical viewfinder which I use more than live view.

Canon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Canon is a leading manufacturer of consumer and business imaging solutions. Cameras comprise only one branch of their vast product line.

• Universal design: One of the core tenets of Canon’s design philosophy is to make its products as user-friendly as possible. After careful analysis of how consumers interact with their products, Canon applies their findings to increase usability, flexibility and customer convenience.

• Canon online learning: Canon offers numerous digital classes for sale through their website. With courses ranging from beginners’ guides to DSLR camera use to more specialized classes like landscape photography, Canon’s classes are designed by professionals to provide users with lessons catered to their interests. There are also Quick Tip videos available for free on the Canon Learning section of their website.

• Community outreach and sustainability initiatives: Canon is a firm believer in community outreach and environmental conservation. Canon has partnered with Wildlife Conservation Society, Friends of Arcadia and other conservation programs, and the company encourages consumers to recycle their toner cartridges through its return program. Canon4Kids is another outreach program designed to aid in the search for missing children.

• Free shipping: Canon provides free shipping on a few of its products. Standard offers include free ground shipping for products totaling over $100 and free next-day shipping on pre-ordered products as well as a few shipping deals for specific products like toner and printing accessories.

• Refurbished sales: Rotating refurbished sales provide consumers with the option of spending less money for a pre-used product. Cameras and accessories rotate regularly as they become available.

• Best for: Canon cameras are best for consumers getting started in photography, though its high-end products are designed to satisfy professionals as well.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs