42nd Street Photo

New York, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

I have had many good dealings with 42nd Street photo over the years, including my recent purchase. Prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and service is good. I would definitely recommend this vendor to others.

We have used 42nd Street Photo many times for camera bodies, lenses, and photographic accessories. Staff are always knowledgeable and helpful, ensuring that what we order will work with our existing equipment. Prices are very competitive and delivery prompt. Would recommend to others.

I received a phone to call to let me know my Sony RX100 III camera was shipping, and was asked if I need anything else. When does that happen in today's world. The representative from 42nd Street Photo was kind, humorous, and knowledgeable. Impressed! Thank you!

Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art lens for Nikon - This is perhaps the best possible lens for Nikon at 35 mm. I also own the Nikon 35mm f1.8 which is a good lens but there is no comparison to the sharpness, low light and bokeh capabilities of the Sigma lens. This lens is sharp from center to edge with minimal vignetting when wide open at f1.4. While bokeh is a personal assessment, I think the bokeh of this lens is much smoother than that of the Nikon. It is well worth the extra couple hundred dollars. Adam from 42nd Street said I would like it and he was correct.

We've had great experience dealing with Ralph and 42 Photo. 5 stars + would have given them 10 if we could. We've been a customer for 2 years and have never had a bad experience. And if there was ever a problem Ralph would make sure it was taken care of right away. Highly recommend.

Factual basis uncertain

I was searching for a place to buy my next lens and I just found 42nd Street Photo online. It was one of the lowest prices. I was a little misled though when I spoke to the gentleman on the phone. He told me that there were two types of attachments, there's a plastic one and there's a metal one. I said, “That wasn’t made clear on the website.” He said, “It’s on the website.” I said, “No, it’s not.” He didn’t come off very honest to me. He was also cutting me off mid-sentence. I didn’t have a pleasant time with him and I regretted it in the beginning, ordering through the website because of my interactions with him. I got my lens and I researched what he was talking about and there was no truth to that. I don’t know if he’s the manager or he’s the boss. He called me again wanting me to buy something and I said, “No thanks.” I didn’t appreciate that interaction. His customer service was very poor.

The lens was great, Canon made it. I’m on a photo shoot right now and my 50 millimeter lens is on the camera. I just got a Canon 5D today, a Mark III. I bought it from Best Buy. I just didn’t like the interaction with him so going forward, I’m just going to Best Buy and buy it. The website itself also didn’t have reviews. Customers look for that. You want to be able to hear what other people said about the service provided. I said, “They sound legitimate, so I’m gonna go with them anyway.” But, you gotta be able to allow customers to put reviews on the products, on the website. That was a red flag to me, although I proceeded. I took a great risk. But besides that, it’s my favorite lens. I just didn’t like talking or dealing with him.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

42nd Street Photo's store is great and I love them. I just wish I had more money to spend. I'm starting to get into Astrophotography now and I just picked up an eight-inch by five-foot telescope so I'm looking forward to the solar eclipse this summer. Their website is very easy to navigate. Especially coming from someone who is incredibly computer illiterate because websites are sometimes just overwhelming and confusing, but with 42nd Street Photo, you tell them what you want and it goes to it. Throw in the filter and you narrow it down, it's fabulous. It's almost idiot-proof.

I absolutely love the camera I got from them. It had a great price and a great product. I found the Canon which was $150 cheaper on their website than any other place I could find. I've always wanted one and it's so easy to use. I already had lenses so I only bought the body which is exactly what I was looking for. It was a great buy and I've already recommended 42nd Street Photo to two other people.

This was my first order with 42nd Street Photo! I called to ask a couple questions and Anthony promptly took my call, and was very knowledgeable on the product I ordered online! "Great products, prices, easy user friendly online ordering, and prompt friendly customer service!" I will recommend you to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found 42nd Street Photo through Google. I like them, they’re really good. The sales representatives were knowledgeable and answered my questions during the battery purchase and I had a discount.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a camera from 42nd Street Photo. Camera’s great. Didn’t find it difficult ordering online and as far as that camera goes, the service is great. I use it for events in my company. I like it because it’s a bridge camera, so it doesn’t have a mirror flap to it because it has to be absolutely silent. Then it’s a 25 megapixel, so I was able to take pictures without any flash all the way across the room. It worked out great.

Buying a lens for my camera. I got a call from them to ask if I wanted to make a change in my order, which I greatly appreciated. He offered expert advice, which I valued and I took that advice. This was great personal service.

It is the second time I buy a camera from 42nd Street Photo and it has always been a very pleasant experience. The transactions have been fast, expedited, and after searching the internet for prices, they have the lowest and they belong to a recognized store from which you don't have to be afraid if you're going to receive your package like those other stores that appears in website. Don't waste your time. Buy from them with confidence. They also speak Spanish.

My search for a new long lens ended when I found what I was looking for and the nice price I paid, arrive as expected, in great condition. I have checked this same lens for several years from several different store. Thanks 42nd Street Photo.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard about 42nd Street Photo through a family member and they had the product that I wanted. It was priced well and they were willing to help me. I ordered online and they got the shipment prepared. A year ago, they called to figure out the best way to ship it to me and I was pleased with the way that interaction went.

I originally purchased a Nikon telephoto lens from Best Buy, here in Honolulu. Later realized 42nd Street Photo offered the same lens at half the price. Even though we live 5,000 miles from New York, I felt very pleased buying this lens. Within minutes of placing the order online, I received a call from Ralph at 42nd Street. He simply wanted to verify all my information before shipping the lens. He was so helpful and genuine, I actually felt more like I'd talked to a knowledgeable person who cared than the folks at Best Buy, who weren't even vaguely interested in my needs. Awesome place, wonderful help.

42nd Street Photo is the best store (online and brick and mortar) for any accessory imaginable for digital photograph period. When I google anything for my photo hobby I always end up at 42nd Street Photo not only because of price and availability but the customer service is top notch. 100% class act in my book and I always refer all my friends and family to 42nd street photo.

It's always a very good deal on the product. Also, they follow up very fast with customer. I almost got their call right away after I place my order. Good services! Give them a thumb up. I will recommend to the people around me. I bought a speed lite Flash EX-RT and I really think it's a good price.

I purchased a Sony Camera from 42nd Street Photo and they had the best price for the camera I wanted after searching the internet extensively. They made a follow-up call before shipping to confirm the delivery address, etc. The camera was shipped quickly within 2 days of ordering. I would definitely order from them again.

Purchased new Sony RX100 - Excellent service and easy to talk to if you have any questions or concerns on a product. On top of that, they offer really good deals on their products, maybe even the cheapest. Quality products is also a key differentiator for 42nd Photo.

Fast, efficient and friendly sales person. The item hasn't arrived yet, so I can't say if the final result will be a five star landing. Adam, the salesperson, made sure the lens was compatible with my Nikon D5500. Thank you.

After searching high and low for a good price in a Nikon D7100 with a lens, I came across 42nd Street Photo--a company I had used once before, many years ago. I found their prices to be more than fair, and their customer service was honest and straightforward.

I rented a lens for a trip I had taken out West last summer and decided to buy it for my future trips. 42nd Street Photo had the best price that I could find! It was also easy to find hoods for the lens and the lens I currently have. They called me letting me know it will be shipped and asked if I would like a signature which is nice since I live in a large apartment building. I will be looking here first for my future camera needs.

Just ordered my 2nd Lens for my Nikon. Have gotten great service when I place my last order. They emailed me making sure that this what I wanted but after he explain the difference between I went his recommended. This is my 3rd purchase and they treated very well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went through Amazon and I ended up with 42nd Street. And since I live in Wisconsin, I order some things online only when I know exactly what I'm gonna be getting and 42nd Street met what I ordered and it was ordered properly. I bought a Panasonic camera, which was about $70 cheaper. I checked with other camera stores in town and Best Buy, and they have higher prices but they were all the US version. However, I didn't realize I was getting the international version. The only difference, and this is not a criticism at all, is that the international version does not come with a warranty so that was a little bit of a surprise for me.

But I've had a lot of Panasonic products before and they joined up with a German company that produces some of the best lenses and cameras so I've been happy about it. The camera also had some features I was not expecting but were very good and it suits the needs of what I'm using it for. I would have to say I'm very pleased. It works without problems and I never had to go back for anything.

42nd Street Photo was great to work with. I purchased my first 'real' camera from them, and when I was ready to upgrade, decided to go back to them again. The prices are great. The people on the phone were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend them.

This set had the camera I wanted to purchase, for the least amount of money. I liked that they provide free shipping as well. There were many options to choose from when it came to lens and camera packages, which I also liked. I would recommend 42nd Street Photo to anyone looking for competitively priced photography equipment.

We are frequent customers of 42nd St. for two reasons. The first reason is the most important. They have excellent customer service. The second reason is the prices. We have very rarely found anybody that beats their prices. But because of their customer service we don't look anywhere else. Thank you 42nd St.!

I have ordered an sx60hs camera from 42nd Street Photo and so far have had a good experience with them. When I receive my camera I will be more than happy to follow up with another review. I am sure I will be thrilled with my purchase.

I've ordered from 42nd Street Photo before and it always has been a pleasurable experience. It's easy and the most important thing is that it works! Thank you for being there to take care of my photographic needs.

We had one small problem, I ordered a camera, but was later notified that there was not one in stock. They immediately credited my credit charge. My second order for a camera went very smoothly. Their customer service is very good.

Purchased a Canon 7d on cyber monday from 42nd Street Photo. They advertised it $300 less than retail price - cyber monday deal. I fell for it. I then received the box, which was re-packaged and re-boxed. The box was for a camera and standard lens, I only ordered the camera body, which was the only thing in the box. I then called and spoke directly with Canon technical and they said that their warranty is invalid as they are not an authorized dealer. I said I might as well return it and Canon said to me "Good luck, because they will charge restocking fees." So 42nd Street Photo even has a bad reputation with Canon.

42nd Street Photo charged my card $200 more than advertised and was extremely rude and threatening on the phone with me. I would never buy from them again and I will warn anyone else I know about them. After talking to many people, appears most are aware. I bet there will be another post right after this giving 42nd Street Photo 5 stars, they have a following or fakes.

42nd Street Photo Company Profile