Call toll free
4.39/5

New York, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1955 We specialize in Digital Camera Equipment as well as Digital Video Equipment. We carry a large assortment of the most updated equipment from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Etc.

718 42nd Street Photo Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 13, 2019

42nd Street Photo has a well-designed site and it responds very quickly. Making purchases is extremely easy and sometimes, if a product is not available, they have it sorta reserved for you as next in line. I’ve been dealing with them for about 20 years, and reliability and pricing are the two critical things. I've chosen to purchase there due to product availability and pricing. Then in terms of reputation, it’s not somebody that you would not trust either. They have good name recognition. I get advertisements from them all the time and they also offer specials and discounts. My interaction with their customer service representative was satisfactory as well. Their people tend to be quite knowledgeable and that’s very important.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD Lens for Nikon Came. So far I have only used this lens outdoors. The pictures are sharp and the autofocus works great. Great for event photography where the f 2.8 comes in handy to get that extra light. This lens is as good as the reviews say it is. The lens is extremely sharp and focuses quickly with hardly any back and forth. It is of reasonable size and weight for the speed of the lens. This is a great basic lens for the Nikon D810 and gives me a good range of focal lengths for most subjects, until you need a longer lens.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I've ordered lenses and cameras from 42nd Street Photo. I like the price and quality of purchase. When you buy camera equipment, you look for the product that look close to new or they do not look beat up. Also, make sure that the brass is not cracked, or the coloration of the lens is not scratched or scarred up. From what I’ve seen with 42nd, they looked pretty brand new. They always show you all the items that they have or they send an email telling me to check out their item. They got my orders right out and they sent an email saying that they've shipped it. Everything was fine when they send my orders. I never had to call them for anything. I recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was thinking about trading cameras. I saw the thing on 42nd Street then I talked to the guy and told him what I had. He came back with a price for trade-in and it was a good deal, so I went with them. Navigating through their website was good but I noticed that it tends to load slowly for some reason. When I was looking at camera bodies and lenses, and I clicked on an item, I sat there and watched that bar go across. It was just slowing it though it was not really long. But it was longer than I'm used to.

Other than that, I got a used camera which they listed in good condition but it is way better than good. I couldn't find anything wrong with it at all and I am really happy with it. I've been using it and it works great. I got it for a little less than I thought it would be. I know that my previous camera was discontinued, but it is still a pretty popular camera and it has a lot of nice features on it. With the one I got from 42nd Street, there are a lot of features that I wasn't used to and I was stumped.

All in all, I was really pleased with my experience and I was surprised that it worked out. The communication was also good and the camera got here in a timely manner. It was well-packed and it came in a factory box. It had the lens and the charger, which was good, but it didn't have the operator's manual in it. Most of the time, you don't even read those things, though. They're thick, have a lot of information, and a lot of people just figure out how to use their cameras. Also, I got on the internet and some guy had one for eight bucks, so I jumped in on that.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was in the market to upgrade from my Nikon D-60. I had taken some time to look through on line catalogs and videos, but still considered myself a novice when it came to digital photography. When I finally decided to go with the Nikon D5300. My question to the representative was about what lens to purchase. He took the time to talk with me and asked me several questions, What was I looking to shoot? What was my skill level, etc. I finally decided on the 18-140 lens and have been pleased with my purchase. He took my information told me when my order would be shipped and when I could expect it. He was a professional who at no time made me feel like a number and seemed genuinely concerned that my purchase would "fit me." When it comes time to purchase further equipment I would have no qualms in reaching out to 42nd Street Photo again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bought this camera online in September 2017 from 42nd Street Photo. The price seemed fair, shipping was quick and I was happy. Recently, the camera stopped working. I sent it back into Nikon for repair only to find that what I had purchased was "grey market" (a term I'll admit I was unfamiliar with), meaning that I had no warranty on it. I had never seen anything related to that on the website. I just went back and checked again and still see nothing referring to the fact that this is grey market. How can they get away with selling products without a warranty without even mentioning it? I, for one, will never buy from them again.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I always look for an attractive price and 42nd Street Photo had the items I wanted. I helped my best friend's wife with a camera as she wanted to start taking some kids' pictures. The Nikon camera lens had some lens protectors, lens filters, and the neutral one which protects the lens. 42nd Street also had a great bag which was the other thing we needed her. They had the price and the right product and I bought the things through eBay. It was quickly shipped, well-packed and came right to the house.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I found 42nd St photo extremely helpful - I didn't know what kind of lens my camera should have for a certain vacation and called Best Buy and other "camera shops" - they had no experience no answers and no recommendations - kept telling me to search online. So - I called 42nd st photo and immediately I was helped with an educated suggestion. They made it easy. I bought the lens - went on safari and can't thank them enough for their help - photos are awesome. And - btw - the price was nearly 50% less than anywhere else. Thank you 42St Photo!

Original review: June 14, 2019

We'd recommend 42nd Street Photo. We purchased a Nikon D5600, and I love our experience purchasing from them. Peter bought the product online, and it was less than 24 hours to get here. I was surprised. So far, the quality of the product is awesome. I've been trying different things, and so far, so good. We're absolutely satisfied right now.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We looked up camera equipment on Amazon and 42nd Street came up. It had good reviews. The product cost, quality, and availability compared to other stores that I considered are very good. I'm satisfied. The tripod that I bought is very nice.

42nd Street Photo Company Information