4.70/5
Based on 127 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

New York, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1955 We specialize in Digital Camera Equipment as well as Digital Video Equipment. We carry a large assortment of the most updated equipment from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Etc.

Read More Read More
Last updated: March 30, 2018

607 42nd Street Photo Consumer Reviews

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 30, 2018

Excellent prices and customer service to match. Accurate product descriptions and pictures, with promotional offers to make your shopping experience even better. Friendly customer service checks in to alert about shipping and delivery updates and to answer any questions. I definitely will be shopping with 42ndStreet Photo again!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My purchase experience with 42 ST Camera was as good as it gets. Easy, items advertised available and quick response. I was contacted to decide if I wanted item delivered to my front door or to require a signature to pick it up. I appreciate their inquiry given this day of porch pirates.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I received a call after placing an order online for a daylight filter. We talked about the quality of the 100mm macro lens that needed protection filter. I upgraded the filter to match the quality of the lens. Great advice, knowledgeable folks at 42nd. No sales pressure just useful info. Thanks.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I purchased a camera that I wanted for a trip that I was about to go on. 42nd Photo offered the camera for a really good price. The website was easy to navigate and purchasing was simple. My only problem was that I was expecting my purchase to come on a certain date and it never arrived. I soon realized that they had been calling me to sell me accessories and would not ship my product until we spoke on the phone. After declining the accessories my product was shipped.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 26, 2018

I had never done business with 42nd Street Photo and thought that I found a really good deal on a Nikon D7200. The next day I get a call describing that they just wanted to make sure that I knew I had purchased a European version of the camera and that I needed to pay $200 more for the US version. Oh, and that for the trouble they would throw in a $200 16GB SD card for free. What a joke! Where in the hell does a 16GB SD card (I don't care what speed it is) cost that much. The guy was very pushy and a complete idiot. I knew something was wrong immediately and canceled my order. He tried very hard not to let me cancel saying that I was paying the same amount as other places. These guys don't deserve to be in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Original review: March 18, 2018

The AF-S Nikkor 200-500 mm lens is incredible, extremely fast and sharp, it an essential part of my kit. I take it on all my adventures. 42nd Street Photo - it seems that all I have to do is think about a product and miraculously they have it at my door. Exceptional service, great technical information and support; simply what more can you ask for in a premiere Photography Equipment Supplier. They receive top marks in my book, thank you 42nd Street Photo.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I called 42nd Street Photo with questions regarding which camera body to choose from. I received impartial yet valuable advice that eased the selection process. By answering my questions, the best camera body option became my purchase. Once I used the camera, I immediately knew it was the best choice. With all the options out there, I do not believe I would have come to the same decision without 42nd Street Photo's help. Thanks! When I need to make a similar purchase, 42nd Street Photo will be the only call I make.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have been purchasing from 42nd St for years. They are always transparent in the purchase process and prompt with delivery. I have never had an issue with any camera or lens but am confident that if there is a problem or a return it will be handled in the same manner.

Insufficient response received
Original review: March 13, 2018

I am writing this review to put a stop to this predatory practice. I ordered a Nikon D750 camera. I was so happy. Then, the dreadful reverse bait call came in. The man first used Gray Market method. Telling me that the camera was not a domestic version. Blah blah blah... Then, he went for the kill. He flatly announced all that all 42 street photo offerings are Gray Market anyway. Wow! I said. I told him that I didn't mind at it all. So, he jacks up the price by close to 300 bucks so I could a domestic Nikon. No, GM Nikons, he said. They all are back ordered. He would even give a call when they become available. I told him not to! I will get mine from the BH store next door.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have purchased from 42nd Street Photo in the past when they had the video camera I was looking for, and their price was right. 42nd Street Photo is all right with me and would recommend them.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Fast, reliable, friendly, competitive. What's not to like? I have ordered from 42 many times, and always the same level of server. Of all the camera companies in NYC, I like 42 the best. We do a lot of OEM business and 42 always comes through for us.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have made several purchases with 42nd Street Photo (Nikon D810 camera, Flash Unit, SD cards, other accessories) and have always found the products and the customer service to be first class. The customer service personnel have always been knowledgeable and helpful. That's one of the main reasons I keep coming back when I need to fulfill my photography needs.

One of my pet peeves is that customer service in America seems to be dying out. (# 1 peeve: There is usually no real person to talk to when you have questions or a problem. It seems that many companies just don't want to be bothered with pesty customer inquiries.) That is not the case with 42nd Street Photo! Its personnel know their business, are always available to answer questions, and are always ready to be of service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I ordered the Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 lens from 42nd Street Photo. They had the best price and shipped it quickly. The lens itself is well built, very solid. Photos from it are clear corner to corner, especially when stepped down to f/5.6 or f/8. Overall, a great lens for the price.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Exceedingly satisfied with overall purchase process. Price was very competitive. I called to verify that the camera I was buying (Canon 7D Mark II) was not a grey market model and once confirmed, placed the order. Shipping was fast and 42nd followed up with me on numerous occasions to ensure I was satisfied... while NOT trying to upsale me or sell me anything at all.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

It has been over 20 yrs since I purchased a camera. Wanted to get some photos of landscapes w/ fall leaves in CO. 42nd Street photo was helpful in selection balancing my needs vs unnecessary costs. The salesman was not too pushy (esp considering was in NY).

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I have been doing business with 42nd street Photo since 1976 while I lives in Japan. I have purchased cameras, lenses and misc camera equip, Since I am attending the Art Institute for Photography and Graphics, 42nd street has been reliable and courtesy each and every time. My most recent purchase was a 15-30mm lens and have taken great shots in Laos and while doing Real Estate. Great service with sound knowledge and support.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have purchased from 42nd Street in the past, but haven't in several years for reasons unconnected with photography. I came back this past year and I am very happy that I did. Service was prompt and friendly. Prices were very competitive and shipping was easy. As I have more equipment to buy in the future, I will gladly use 42nd Street Photo.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

All with this order was outstanding. Fast delivery and great price. My order came in perfect condition and well packaged. Also to give away free gifts for ordering is wonderful. P.S. I will be recommending this company to all my friends and acquaintances.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have nothing but good things to say about this company. Extra fast shipping great product. They are very concerned about your item and if you have a problem they want to resolve it. They will not leave you out in limbo just hanging or unhappy about your purchase. Once again I say great company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I purchased a Sony Digital Camera some time ago. My experiences with this seller were totally positive. I received exactly what I ordered for the listed price and it arrived within the time frame specified. The camera has performed flawlessly.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Great pricing and great service... shipped quickly... would definitely do business again. The website was very straightforward and gave different options and alternatives to the camera I ordered. Multiple accessories also available through the website. They are very good about responding to emails and calls.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Best price around, quickly shipped, well packaged. Will definitely order from 42nd Street Photo again. Customer service was great, very helpful. I called before I placed the order as I had a few questions. They were very knowledgeable about the product and answered all my questions.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I found my representative to be extremely pleasant and easy to work with. He cleared up the situation with regards to my shipping address and said that he would give me a three year warranty on the camera (Nikon Coolpix B700 Red) for $59 instead of the usual $99. I am very happy with my first purchase through 42nd Street Photo.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Very nice experience with 42nd Street so far. Anthony called ahead to let me know the order was going out and took time to educate me about the camera, battery pack, and memory card. He seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. Can't wait to get it!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

The order was very easy to place. The website is easy to use. 42nd Street Photo contacted me immediately to clarify some issues about the order. Excellent customer service which encourages customers to come back. The price for the Canon Camera HS 60 was very competitive.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have always had great service from 42nd St with one exception and Anthony came to my rescue. I was sent the wrong lens hood for my 50mm prime lens and Anthony sent me the correct one. I am looking for a belt to hold two cameras so I will be calling Anthony soon. Yes, 42nd St is my go-to place for my camera needs.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I ordered my camera and accessory kits online at 42nd Street Photo. It seemed like a fair price so I thought it was a deal. The online ordering process was smooth and the items came like they were supposed to. Overall, it was a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Nikon Coolpix P610 - I have been very pleased with this camera (extensive telephoto range without lens changing; image stabilization; wireless control and downloads are all great features). Dealing with 42nd St.Photo was a very pleasant experience -- knowledgeable, helpful, rapid response & delivery, and best prices. I dealt with this company many years ago in person, and have gone back to them a few times after I moved away from NYC area. Highly recommended.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Very easy to order from the website. Called back right away to verify. Hard to find this lens from other seller. Best price I could find on the internet. Nice free gift for buying. Thanks for offering a good deal on this lens.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Experience on website great. Found the best price on Canon lens I needed. I will definitely purchase from 42nd Street Photo in future and recommend them to my friends. The site is well laid-out and easy to navigate, and the people (when I need to talk to them) are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

42nd Street Photo Company Information