42nd Street Photo

New York, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

My experience was awesome. Feedback was quick and employees were very helpful and knowledgeable about products. Would highly recommend this company to any family/friend. Will plan to do business with them again soon.

My experience with 42nd Street Photo has been good from beginning to end. They had the lens that I wanted at the best price I could find anywhere, by far. It was a pleasure dealing with the company and I will do so again in the future. I have already recommend the company to my son.

I have had many good dealings with 42nd Street photo over the years, including my recent purchase. Prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and service is good. I would definitely recommend this vendor to others.

I bought an 18-300 mm lens for my trip to Nepal. The convenience of having one lens that did so much was a huge help on my trip. The lens was everything it was advertised and the patient and knowledgeable staff made purchasing a pleasure. Word of mouth is the sincerest form of flattery and I recommend 42nd St Photo to my fellow photographers.

They delivered all I expected and the sales person was great. I contacted 42nd to purchase a new Canon G16. I have owned a G9 and a G10. They were great and saved me quite a bit of $$. I believe meeting expectations is the most important aspect of any transaction... They delivered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Thank you so much for the excellent care that you have given me with my order! The camera and accessories came as advertised and when promised. I am completely satisfied with the price and quality and would not hesitate to order from 42nd Street Photo again!

My order for a Nikon 18-200 mm lens was shipped on date stated. They were very helpful with information about the lens with my Nikon D3200. I am one very satisfied customer.

Bought a Terrific Sigma Lens online from 42nd Street Photo on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday!! Now that was super-fast! It was delivered by UPS and was well-packed. Their website is so easy to navigate! I've been buying from 42nd Street Photo for over 30 years and never had any problems with the sales team or the customer service. Their prices on photo equipment can't be beat! I will continue to purchase my photo gear from them in the future! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!

All in all I was very pleased with the purchasing experience. Good quality item at a great price and it arrived earlier than I thought it was going to. I would definitely use this vendor again and plan too in the near future for more items for my camera.

Very smooth transaction. Item was very nice, just as described. Order arrived even sooner than expected. I would definitely recommend and would purchase with 42nd Street again.

Ordered just a small amount of gear that was shipped and delivered quicker than I expected, and even arrived before the expected delivery date.

I received my order very quickly and it was exactly what was described in the description. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would use this company again and recommend to my friends.

The item I purchased was quoted for twice the amount at another well known competitor. I received my order and was very pleased with the professional and timely manner in which it was received. My overall experience was great. Thank you!

Ordered the camera accessory kit. Excellent price for all that came with it. UV filter, lens hoods and cleaning supplies work as I expected. Have had many questions from others wanting to know where I got the accessories. Would definitely consider purchasing products again.

My order was very quick! I ordered it and 3 days later, it was here! It came in and was seal great and my product looked in tip-top shape! I'll definitely be using this company more!

I recently purchased a pair of Canon IS Binoculars and wanted to get some UV filters that would fit to protect the lenses when I head to the Arctic next month. 42nd St had what I needed and despatched them faster than promised at no additional cost: just what I needed and great service too. :)

This is my second time ordering from this company and I have been very pleased. Quick efficient shipping, as well as some of the lowest prices I have seen. The customer service personnel are very knowledgeable and friendly. I recommend this company to anyone.

The charger was priced well, and it was shipped delivered fast! Thank you so much! I would definitely recommend you to someone if they needed anything camera related!

Canon EF-S 18-55 mm IS STM Camera lens was in brand new condition, as described. Works much better than my original kit lens. The price was a good deal and it shipped very fast.

I was able to buy the back up battery I wanted for my new camera. Best price, great product. I am very satisfied with my purchase and how quickly it was delivered. I would buy again from this company.

I am so happy with the service I received doing business with 42nd Street Photo! They have a great website that is easy to navigate. Thanks so much for everything.

I was very happy with the price and quality of the item I purchased. Will buy from them again. And would recommend them to all my very very good friends.

Was looking for a camera for my wife for Christmas. It needed to be less than $500 but not by much. Its main purpose would be to take action shots of our daughter playing soccer. Did my research and decided this Sony would be the ticket. Searched for it and 42nd St Photo had the best price. The website was easy to navigate and it took PayPal which I was thankful for. The camera arrived promptly and so far has been just what was needed. Thank you, 42nd St Photo, for making this a simple and uncomplicated purchase.

The purchase experience for this Panasonic DMC-ZS30 camera was very good. The camera was just as ordered and arrived very quickly. Would be glad to recommend 42ndStPhoto.com to others.

Your camera store has the lowest prices around. We were interested in purchasing a Nikon 3200 camera and lens and compared prices at both stores and websites. Your store offered the best price and has free shipping. We received the camera within two days of ordering and we couldn't be more pleased with our purchase. Thanks again!

Resolution In Progress

I ordered a camera online (Canon EOS 5D Mark IV) at US$ 200 lower than the market price. Upfront: if it sounds too good to be true, it very likely is! A day later the upselling started, I received a call from a representative called Jack. He told me that the camera I ordered is the Chinese version, and asked where I would like to use that camera, to which I responded: "in Europe". He then told me that the Chinese model only comes with NTSC (Europe has PAL as video system), and I could not use it for that reason, but should rather upgrade to the US version (which features both NTSC and PAL). This was the first LIE: Canon does not produce several cameras for different markets, the only difference is the warranty. Since I knew that, I declined.

He then (out of nowhere) told me that the Chinese model is actually not available. Big surprise. The website says otherwise. Classic BAIT AND SWITCH! Needless to say, my credit card was charged right after the initial order, and their website states that they only charge a credit card, when an item is ready to be shipped.

Since I am only temporarily in the US, I accepted the "upgrade" to the US version. He then also tried selling me a memory card, which I refused by telling him that I already have a good one. He went on stating that it might not be compatible. Luckily, I know enough about cameras that this is not true (I used mine in my current 70D). This was the first red flag, and I should have cancelled my order at that point already. Now I had an order of the camera I wanted at market price.

A day later, I called again after figuring out that the camera will not come with warranty valid in Europe. I inquired about this with yet another sales representative, who refused to tell me his name. He assured me that the US version of the camera comes with worldwide limited warranty. This was the second LIE. Canon lenses feature worldwide warranty, camera bodies DO NOT! As I knew that already, I tried canceling my order, to which he responded that it already had been shipped. This was LIE number three: I had not received a tracking number by that point, so the package has not even been registered with UPS. I confronted him with that, to which he was extremely rude, telling me that I do not know how shipping is handled. I restated my cancellation, to which he hung up.

Two days later, I received a tracking number by UPS, stating that the order has been processed, and is READY FOR UPS. So, it still has not left the warehouse, thus allowing me to cancel it. Every time I called them, I stated that I wanted to cancel the order and then I was transferred to a voice mail. Numerous emails also remain unanswered.

It looks like the item is going to be shipped today, but I do not want it any longer, as several LIES led to the fact that the camera is not what I had ordered. I will refuse to accept the package when it arrives (likely Wednesday), and already set up procedures for disputing my credit card charges. My bank is luckily very open to these issues (and funnily enough already knew about them).

Advice: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! They are not reputable, not an authorized dealer (Canon or Nikon), they are solely worried about their commission, and they will lie as hell to ensure you buy it. Subsequent customer service was either non-present, or rude. In the end, the camera would not cost less than from reputable dealers (such as Adorama or B&H). Read reviews, and avoid these practices (not worth a single dollar you may save, if at all).

Ordered my camera and the price and service was excellent! Highly recommend 42nd St Camera. They called me to verify that the camera I wanted was in stock and ready to be shipped. The customer service guy was very helpful and easy to deal with. I will order all my camera equipment in the future from 42nd St.

Resolution In Progress

I purchased a Nikon D7200 camera from the online store of 42nd Street Photo. When I received the camera, I discovered that it is a "gray market" camera. (Check on Google for what this means.) I am trying to return the camera, and I will update this review, either positively or negatively, depending on how that process goes -- whether the return is accepted, whether I get a full refund, how long it takes, etc.

Very honest company. Quick shipping and low prices. No grey market stuff here, just the genuine manufactures products. I bought a Canon SX60 on cyber Monday and nobody beat their price. A real 5 star company. Other stores (3) sold for less but I found out that they were selling grey market cameras and were the Japanese model (with less features) and not the American model. Thank you 42nd Street Photo.

The process of ordering the camera I wanted was very easy to complete online. There were many choices and the prices were competitive or better than other sites I visited. I received an immediate response after placing my order. I would not hesitate to order from 42nd Street again.

42nd Street Photo Company Profile