42nd Street Photo

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had many good dealings with 42nd Street photo over the years, including my recent purchase. Prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and service is good. I would definitely recommend this vendor to others.

Was very pleased with the product, prompt shipping and very good customer service. I have made several purchase from your company and have always been very pleased with the result. I will continue to look at your company for purchases in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

While searching the internet for the cheapest price on the Canon G7X Mark II camera, I came across 42nd Street Photo's website. The camera was significantly cheaper than any other sites, so it made me skeptical at first. I did some searching for the legitimacy of the site and found many good reviews, and after purchasing from 42nd Street Photo, I agree with the other reviews I previously read. I am very happy with my purchase and the money I saved by buying from this site. From now on, if I have any camera related needs, I will start at 42nd Street Photo.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Canon T-6i. I purchased it for a great price at 42nd Street Camera. Thanks for the help and the camera. I take photos of my grandchildren and can stop their action without flash with this camera. I enjoy my photography.

I placed an order for a Christmas present and was shocked at how fast I received it, not to mention it came with a warranty and I could return it if I wasn't satisfied. I'm happy to say they offered the absolute best price on my camera too! I am an internet shopper and I do a lot of price comparing. Although I was a bit skeptical ordering from NYC (I'm in CA) it was no problem. I also called and had questions; which were promptly answered. I recommend 42nd Street Photo to anyone looking for the best priced, quality and shipping anywhere on the internet!!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Resolution response: Aug. 21, 2017

I had a very positive response from a customer service representative who jumped over backwards to please me, both offering a refund and gifting me the items I was trying to return. I could not have asked for more! Whether I simply ran into someone having a bad day or actually bumped into bad company policy is not clear to me at this point, but my frustrations have been pacified. I am changing my rating based on this resolution as I could not see a way to simply delete my review.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I thought I had found a great deal on my Nikon P900 until I received the invoice which was over $800 for a $519 sale price on the camera with extras I ordered without clarity about their value (namely the memory card $120 and battery $60). When I tried to get information about returning those rip off items, none was given so I returned them within a few days of receipt. Five weeks later they were received back home, refused back in NY because there was no return order number. Relieved that they had not been lost in the mail I tried to get clear directions and refund confirmation and was given the run around.

With their exorbitant 20% restocking fee I am wondering if the $140 refund is worth all this frustration? The customer service here sucks! I am used to dealing with companies like Sierra Trading Post, Chaco, REI, and even Amazon who deliver caring customer service. The honesty here seems to be marginal at best. The way things are communicated is clearly to disguise the facts, push the upgrades and extras and to sell you the most expensive options available. I would gladly pay full retail with an honest outfit rather than try to save a few bucks through 42nd St Photo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

42nd Street Photo had the item I wanted. I bought something from their market and that was great. I had a beautiful experience and I told my friend about them.

I purchased my 5d Mark III from this store online. I was a bit shaky as a first timer. Especially with that kind of money but everything went smoothly. The best part is that there are people in the background to communicate with and help you understand if you have any questions.

Sony RC 100 - I've used 42nd Street over the years and have Always had excellent interactions with the personnel and had fair pricing and prompt service. I know my purchases or sales are safe and secure. Being a westerner I also get a kick out of their wacky New York accents on the phone.

I appreciated the honest and low non-sense opinions I received regarding my purchase. I have purchased from several web based retailers but very few have the selection, information and price point that these guys offer. Delivery was quick and my Leica was a great choice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I enjoyed the Olympus em1 camera and the Olympus 45mm lens for portraits. This combo has done everything I put it through. I recommend it to anyone that is interested in portraits and up close pictures with excellent results. You will not be disappointed with the customer service that they provide. They pack the camera well and secure, and on top of that it came on time.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Don't bother to order from 42nd website. I ordered Fujinon 55 200 mm lens listed as in stock, 42nd indicated order received 8/14. Charged my card 8/14 and indicated lens would be shipped 8/15. 8/15 the order was cancelled by 42nd without cancelling the charge. Called 42nd and was told "someone must have bought the lens at exactly the same time you did" and that "it takes 7-10 business days to cancel the charge" even though they took minutes to charge my card. Went back on the website, still lists this lens as "in stock, ships today" and system allowed me to go through the entire order process again (did not place this time of course!).

This is a trick for holding funds and creating "cash flow" at your expense. Ordered same lens from a vendor via Amazon, same price, the lens has literally been shipped while on the phone with 42nd. I recommend not using this vendor but to stick with Adorama, 47 (don't confuse with 42nd as I did!) street, B and H or other reputable vendors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have heard of 42nd Street Photo for years, have actually purchased computer equipment from them many years ago. So when I decided to purchase a "better" camera, this name came to mind. I was not disappointed! Service was quick, courteous, and accurate. I have really enjoyed my Nikon P900, and hope to use it for years to come. I love the beautiful pictures it takes!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

42nd Street Photo's online ordering process was easy however there was confusion on my part because there were two versions of the camera I was looking at. One was called an international version but it really didn't say that. But they called and explained it to me. I was upset about it and so they honored the price on an American version. Their customer service representatives followed through and made it happen so I was happy. Also my camera is excellent. I had a previous model of the same one about three years earlier from another company and this was an updated version so I knew what I was getting and I was very pleased with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a recommendation from a friend who had purchased stuff from 42nd Street. I did my research and knew what I was looking for. I purchased a 105 macro lens and the quality was good. 42nd Street has a very accessible website, plus the cost was good and comparable with anywhere else online so I was happy with that. I’m on a “no more buying photography equipment from the family budget” at this point but I‘d probably use them again next time I need to purchase something.

I purchased a camera for Christmas last year for my son. The staff were very helpful when in making sure that I had the correct accessories for the camera. It arrived as promised. I highly recommend this company for going out of their way to ensure a smooth transaction at a very busy time of the year.

Awesome customer service. They were able to answer my questions related to the product, warranty and use. Assisted me in choosing the best product for my needs. Pricing was excellent. After price comparisons, I highly recommend using 42nd Street Photo. Their knowledge was very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a new Nikon D5500 from 42nd Street because they had the lowest price and a good reputation. When I made my order, I got a call to verify some info, and once everything was straight, my camera was shipped to me pretty quickly. I don't remember the exact details, but I had a few questions after that, and they answered my calls quickly and actually took time to help me out, in just the kind of way a small-town retail shop might do. Anthony was polite and seemed sincerely interested in making sure I was satisfied with both my purchase and the quality of service I experienced. These guys are top-notch, and I will consider them my "camera place" from now on. Service like this is worth sticking with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a video camera from 42nd Street Photo and ordering it online was fine. At the end of the transaction, the cost, quality, and availability of the product were pretty similar compared to other stores. And also, they showed a picture of the product one way and then they shipped it another way. I was frustrated because, in the photo, they showed a camera with an attachment on top, and it wasn’t included. But the person I talked to ended up matching the price of what I could have gotten from somewhere else. It was satisfactory.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

42nd Street Photo's cameras were less expensive than those from other companies so I decided to order online from them. Everything was smooth. Their website was easy to navigate and it was easy to find the camera I wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A relative of mine went to New York to purchase a Nikon SLR at the 42nd Street Photo brick and mortar location decades before the internet. They had very good interactions with the sales staff, plus their cost was considered to be the best. Then for my purchase, which was a Panasonic Lumix camera with the delicate lens, the price was my primary consideration and 42nd Street had excellent price. It’s been working great too.

I purchased a lens for my new Canon camera. 42nd Street Photo sales was very helpful and knowledgeable. I was not sure which lens I needed and the salesperson helped me decide on which lens was the most bang for the buck and also the best lens for my application.

Canon 5D III: Got an excellent piece of kit at a fair price with fast delivery. Allowed me to pay in two installments, which was very helpful. Salesperson was knowledgeable and there was no sales pressure. He was open about import vs domestic and warranty information which was also helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nikon D7200 DSLR - Outstanding camera, great customer support experience. Excellent communication. This is the second camera I buy from 42nd Street Photo, along with a couple of lenses, and I am yet to have any issues. I always recommend 42nd Street Photo to my friends!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I researched and researched before finding the best price for my f/1.4 Sigma Art Lens. You guys were amazing. You called before the item shipped to make sure things were good to go and it turned out that I had ordered the wrong lens for my camera. I got the Japanese version versus the American made version and I needed American made since I got my Canon in the USA. Anyway, long story short, the employee got my order squared away and gave me a seven year warranty free of charge for the mix up which was super nice considering it was my mistake. I am thankful you guys exist!

I ordered a camera lens and it was delivered quick and no frills. I remember a staff followed up with me to clarify my order to make sure I actually the right lens ordered since the Sony cameras have different mount. I thought that was actually a nice touch from them since I'm actually going to ship the lens to Colombia. I highly recommend and will order again from 42nd St. Thanks and keep it up guys!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ordered a Canon 6D for my wife. Before shipping 42nd called to verify everything was correct. I had ordered an import model and wanted the US model. They were very helpful and got me the model I wanted and gave me great deal plus a FREE high speed sd card!!! Excellent customer service! Would definitely recommend them!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Nikon D5 and was very pleased with the price. The only issue with the purchase was that the delivery was significantly delayed (2-1/2 weeks longer than the 3-6 days that was promised). I was not notified that it was going to be delayed and I had to call the store, a week after my purchase, to find out when it was coming. It was an alarming experience because I had paid thousands of dollars and didn't know if the item had been shipped or IF it was going to be shipped. It would have been nice to have an anticipated shipping date sent to me soon (if not immediately) after I purchased the item.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found an advert on Facebook for an incredible deal on a Canon 80D and 10-22mm lens. The advert indicated a price which turned out to be incorrect, however, 42nd Street Photo did a great job of making it right and I still ended up with a great deal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Excellent experience all around. From finding the right camera + accessories online to the customer service, truly a seamless process. Purchased the Fuji x100t for my honeymoon, and forgot to expedite the order. Robert handled this like a champ and got me everything I needed just in time!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a great experience with 42nd Street Photo. The customer service was awesome and I had no problems while purchasing my product. The camera I purchased is still in great shape and I will definitely order from the store again.

42nd Street Photo Company Profile