Get a Free Quote Learn More

New York, NY

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.38/5
Learn More

Established in 1955 We specialize in Digital Camera Equipment as well as Digital Video Equipment. We carry a large assortment of the most updated equipment from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Etc.

42nd Street Photo Call Now Toll Free (888) 810-4242 Get a Free Quote Learn More

42nd Street Photo Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 17, 2019

I always look for an attractive price and 42nd Street Photo had the items I wanted. I helped my best friend's wife with a camera as she wanted to start taking some kids' pictures. The Nikon camera lens had some lens protectors, lens filters, and the neutral one which protects the lens. 42nd Street also had a great bag which was the other thing we needed her. They had the price and the right product and I bought the things through eBay. It was quickly shipped, well-packed and came right to the house.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I found 42nd St photo extremely helpful - I didn't know what kind of lens my camera should have for a certain vacation and called Best Buy and other "camera shops" - they had no experience no answers and no recommendations - kept telling me to search online. So - I called 42nd st photo and immediately I was helped with an educated suggestion. They made it easy. I bought the lens - went on safari and can't thank them enough for their help - photos are awesome. And - btw - the price was nearly 50% less than anywhere else. Thank you 42St Photo!

Original review: June 14, 2019

We'd recommend 42nd Street Photo. We purchased a Nikon D5600, and I love our experience purchasing from them. Peter bought the product online, and it was less than 24 hours to get here. I was surprised. So far, the quality of the product is awesome. I've been trying different things, and so far, so good. We're absolutely satisfied right now.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have purchased items from 42nd St Photo on several occasions. Each time was a pleasant experience dealing with knowledgeable and efficient staff. I will use them for any future photographic needs I may have. On each occasion, they had in stock exactly what I was looking for.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I would like to thank the nice people at 42nd Street Photo. They were a great help to me when a bought a Canon 24-70 L lens. I didn't want the new 85mm on because I was replacing one of my team members 77mm version. You guys had only one left in stock. We had a wedding that weekend and we needed the lens by that Friday. I ordered it Monday and received it on Friday am. Wedding was a success. Thanks again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I found the website very inviting with lots of quality stock to choose from. Shortly after ordering on-line I realized I had selected the wrong product and have attempted to cancel my order by e-mail and by telephone. At this point the order status was (being picked) so it had not been filled yet. The downside to my experience has been accessing any kind of contact via telephone. The telephone does ring, and ring and ring but no-one answered. When, on try #7 I did speak to a person they acknowledged my e-mail "request to cancel" had been received but he couldn't promise the cancellation would take place and proceeded to tell me in a grumpy and sarcastic tone that "they are very busy and everyone thinks their order is the only order and they should have special attention", at that point I pleasantly said goodbye. I can only hope they honor my request and I don't end up with a product I can't use.

Resolution response: Oct. 2, 2019

42nd Street and I have come to a very satisfactory agreement! Thanks 42nd Str for coming to this great agreement with me!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I bought the camera of my dreams, a Nikon D500. I saved for this camera and was really looking forward to using it. I had rented a D500 last year and loved how sharp the pics were. I ordered from 42nd street as the price was a bit cheaper.. BUT!!!! When I placed my order, I found out that the sale price was no longer available.... In fact, it is $200. cheaper at an authorized Nikon Dealer. I have checked the list, and did not see 42nd str. on the list. I did not know that they were not a "listed" dealer.

Did not know that the camera had no factory warranty. When its performance was less than stellar, I contacted Nikon.. That is when I found out, after sending my camera in to them, that it was gray market and could not be repaired. Nikon would like the original receipt and then they would be able to repair it. I called 42nd street and asked about the original receipt and they told me that Nikon would accept the receipt from 42nd str. to me and that 42nd str, is not able to provide the original receipt that shows original purchase of the camera.. Nikon says they want the "original receipt." 42nd str. has shown, in my case to be less than honest and I would not recommend them at all! For this reason, I feel that my money should be refunded. Thanks!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bought this camera online in September 2017 from 42nd Street Photo. The price seemed fair, shipping was quick and I was happy. Recently, the camera stopped working. I sent it back into Nikon for repair only to find that what I had purchased was "grey market" (a term I'll admit I was unfamiliar with), meaning that I had no warranty on it. I had never seen anything related to that on the website. I just went back and checked again and still see nothing referring to the fact that this is grey market. How can they get away with selling products without a warranty without even mentioning it? I, for one, will never buy from them again.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We looked up camera equipment on Amazon and 42nd Street came up. It had good reviews. The product cost, quality, and availability compared to other stores that I considered are very good. I'm satisfied. The tripod that I bought is very nice.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We bought a Nikon D7200 and a Nikon 85 mm lens from 42nd Street Photo. Navigating through the website was pretty easy and the quality of the products is amazing. It was a painless experience and I would buy from them again.

42nd Street Photo Company Information