42nd Street Photo

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had many good dealings with 42nd Street photo over the years, including my recent purchase. Prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and service is good. I would definitely recommend this vendor to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very pleased with 42nd Street Photo. Camera is delivered on time and accurately. I am very happy with the service provided by them. I would definitely do shopping in future once again. I ordered Canon t6i and the cost of it is very competitive when compared to other websites.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was in the market for a new lens when I fell and broke a kit lens Nikon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6. I had been going back and forth on what to get. I had bought a Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary previously from 42nd Street. I was pleased with the price, ease of ordering and speed of delivery. So I jumped at the opportunity to improve my photo arsenal and purchased the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5. 42nd Street again delivered and I am happy with my purchase. A Sigma 18-50mm f3.5 is next.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The experience of the product was very good. The camera quality is very good. I really like how the pictures turn out. I took pictures the views of photograph and it turns out great. The camera give me more of the experience of the pictures. I really like it.

I found 42nd Street Photo online when I was looking for a camera. I like their price. It was cheaper than other retailers. I bought a Panasonic Lumix G7 from them and it was easy finding it in their website. The ordering process was also easy. I just added the Panasonic Lumix G7 to the cart then put in my address and bought it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Service and price from the company was top notch. Camera order was processed fast and arrived ahead of projected date. All questions were answered promptly and the team did a follow-up after delivery to ensure we were satisfied. Prices are the best I've found.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a Nikon camera with integrated geotagging for a trip to Peru and Bolivia, and 42nd Street photo had in stock the exact model I wanted. The store called me up to verify the order (good fraud prevention) and offered me a good deal on high speed memory cards to go with it. Overall good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ordered a 24-35mm Sigma lens for Nikon through 42nd St Photo. They beat the competitors' prices and their warranty packages were phenomenal. They called me to confirm my order and their customer service was exceptional. I will buy from them again 100%.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have used (originally in person) 42nd Street Camera for decades. I appreciated the very fair price for the Nikon camera lens, and the phone follow up in order to get it shipped, as well as the free cleaning kit that comes with it. I happened to answer the phone, though I don't usually respond to an unknown number - suggest you arrange for "42nd St Camera" to pop up on a display. Thanks for your help!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently placed my first order with 42nd Street Photo and did so because the price was the best for the lens that I needed. After placing the order, I called to inquire about the shipping and came into contact with Ralph, a customer service agent. He was very friendly and knowledgeable and was able to answer all my questions and even mentioned special deals they had available, I was able to upgrade my lens at the same price and take advantage of other deals at a modest price. He assured me I would be pleased with my purchase and he was right! This company goes above and beyond to guarantee customer satisfaction.

I saw the deals that are going on at 42nd Street Photo and they looked very price compatible. Their site was much easier to go through than some of the other sites I've seen. Their online ordering process is simple and that's what I like the best. Also, their customer service representatives were very helpful. I bought a lens and an HD light from 42nd street and I got my product a lot sooner than I ever anticipated which was a shocker for me.

While I haven't used the lens half as much as I wanted to, it really came up well when I used it. I had seen the snow coming over at Cannon Mountain where they were playing down new snow. I held up the HD light to the snow and it reflected a red glow so the picture came out fantastic. I was very happy with the lens after I saw that. I've been trying to start my own business and the lens has been a big help. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ordered a Panasonic DMC-ZS100 via the 42nd Street Photo website on Wednesday. Item showed to be in stock, to be shipped via UPS. Credit card was charged for the item. Received a call from the "customer service" department Thursday requesting a review of the customer experience in exchange for an SD card, seemed to be more of a requirement prior to shipping than a request. ("We'll just hold that item until you can fill out your review, so we can add the SD card.")

A USPS shipping label was created for the item Thursday, not UPS per their website, showing that the item would ship Thursday. Friday - receive a call from 42nd Street Photo letting me know that the item was not actually in stock, they didn't know when it would be in stock, and that they'd be getting my refund to my card in "7-10 days". Really? Not the service that I recall from past dealings. BBB will be hearing from me.

42nd Street had the lowest price on the lens that I was looking for. It was about $100 lower than other stores and I knew I was purchasing a grey market product. So, I was comfortable with that. Ordering the lens online was straightforward. Go to the website, add your item to your cart, and check out. Their customer service team reached out to me at one point to see if I was satisfied and if I'd fill out a survey for them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

While I have yet to receive the product (Panasonic DMC-ZS100), both the price and ordering experience online were very good. I've done business with 42nd Street Photo in the past for my work in the optics industry and always received product promptly. While this is the first time that I've ordered for myself, the experience remains the same.

My neighbor told us about 42nd Street and they have the camera that I wanted to get and the cost was better than the others. Karen bought the camera for me and there were some accessories as well but she thought there were more than what came. We were also supposed to get a tripod, but we didn’t get one. They tried to sell us a battery, but we looked it up and it didn’t look like it was a good deal. I would recommend them but I'd tell my friends to watch for the extras that they want to sell.

I always have 42nd Street Photo in my mind and I bought things quite a few times from them. The price is right for camera equipment, their website is easy to navigate, the process was great and the delivery was on time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a Canon 7d Mark II from 42nd Street Photo and a EF16-35mm f2.8 lens. They both arrived quickly and the quality is good. I am satisfied with this purchase. I will definitely recommend to my friends about 42nd Street Photo.

I have to confess to being a little skeptical. The prices were so much better than other places. I know they are frequently Grey market goods (without USA warranty) but I also know that the major manufacturers (Canon, Olympus, Nikon, etc.) have such high quality standards that the likelihood of a defective product is very small. And if something is wrong with the product, you will know pretty quickly and can return to 42nd Street. I have an Olympus E-M1 and several lens purchases. All arrived perfect. Very pleased with price, product and service.

I have shopped at 42nd Street Photo over the last 4 years. My service was always excellent! They always shipped and delivered at incredible speed. Lastly, their prices are the lowest. Do I like these guys? You bet I do!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Nikon DSLR camera is the best product with the lens 55-140mm for both the photos and videos. I'm really enjoying with my DSLR with high resolution. I will really recommend this product. You will feel the real enjoyment. Awesome product. Highly recommended!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great transaction with 42nd Street Photo. I had shopped for a camera as a gift and the support/assistance I received was excellent. Not only great assistance but I had searched for the best price as well. 42nd Street had that best price and with great service and shipping.

42nd Street Photo has been my go to photo supply store for 20+ years. They consistently deliver great prices and service. When there was a problem with my order, they solved it quickly with absolutely no hassle and with a smile. Great service and experience! Highly recommended!

I have been pleased every time I have had any interaction with 42nd St Photo. The customer service is efficient and very helpful. Prices are good and I always receive exactly what I wanted with quick service. I highly recommend them for all your camera needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have used 42nd Street Photo many times for camera bodies, lenses, and photographic accessories. Staff are always knowledgeable and helpful, ensuring that what we order will work with our existing equipment. Prices are very competitive and delivery prompt. Would recommend to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received a phone to call to let me know my Sony RX100 III camera was shipping, and was asked if I need anything else. When does that happen in today's world. The representative from 42nd Street Photo was kind, humorous, and knowledgeable. Impressed! Thank you!

Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art lens for Nikon - This is perhaps the best possible lens for Nikon at 35 mm. I also own the Nikon 35mm f1.8 which is a good lens but there is no comparison to the sharpness, low light and bokeh capabilities of the Sigma lens. This lens is sharp from center to edge with minimal vignetting when wide open at f1.4. While bokeh is a personal assessment, I think the bokeh of this lens is much smoother than that of the Nikon. It is well worth the extra couple hundred dollars. Adam from 42nd Street said I would like it and he was correct.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had great experience dealing with Ralph and 42 Photo. 5 stars + would have given them 10 if we could. We've been a customer for 2 years and have never had a bad experience. And if there was ever a problem Ralph would make sure it was taken care of right away. Highly recommend.

Factual basis uncertain

I was searching for a place to buy my next lens and I just found 42nd Street Photo online. It was one of the lowest prices. I was a little misled though when I spoke to the gentleman on the phone. He told me that there were two types of attachments, there's a plastic one and there's a metal one. I said, “That wasn’t made clear on the website.” He said, “It’s on the website.” I said, “No, it’s not.” He didn’t come off very honest to me. He was also cutting me off mid-sentence. I didn’t have a pleasant time with him and I regretted it in the beginning, ordering through the website because of my interactions with him. I got my lens and I researched what he was talking about and there was no truth to that. I don’t know if he’s the manager or he’s the boss. He called me again wanting me to buy something and I said, “No thanks.” I didn’t appreciate that interaction. His customer service was very poor.

The lens was great, Canon made it. I’m on a photo shoot right now and my 50 millimeter lens is on the camera. I just got a Canon 5D today, a Mark III. I bought it from Best Buy. I just didn’t like the interaction with him so going forward, I’m just going to Best Buy and buy it. The website itself also didn’t have reviews. Customers look for that. You want to be able to hear what other people said about the service provided. I said, “They sound legitimate, so I’m gonna go with them anyway.” But, you gotta be able to allow customers to put reviews on the products, on the website. That was a red flag to me, although I proceeded. I took a great risk. But besides that, it’s my favorite lens. I just didn’t like talking or dealing with him.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

42nd Street Photo's store is great and I love them. I just wish I had more money to spend. I'm starting to get into Astrophotography now and I just picked up an eight-inch by five-foot telescope so I'm looking forward to the solar eclipse this summer. Their website is very easy to navigate. Especially coming from someone who is incredibly computer illiterate because websites are sometimes just overwhelming and confusing, but with 42nd Street Photo, you tell them what you want and it goes to it. Throw in the filter and you narrow it down, it's fabulous. It's almost idiot-proof.

I absolutely love the camera I got from them. It had a great price and a great product. I found the Canon which was $150 cheaper on their website than any other place I could find. I've always wanted one and it's so easy to use. I already had lenses so I only bought the body which is exactly what I was looking for. It was a great buy and I've already recommended 42nd Street Photo to two other people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This was my first order with 42nd Street Photo! I called to ask a couple questions and Anthony promptly took my call, and was very knowledgeable on the product I ordered online! "Great products, prices, easy user friendly online ordering, and prompt friendly customer service!" I will recommend you to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found 42nd Street Photo through Google. I like them, they’re really good. The sales representatives were knowledgeable and answered my questions during the battery purchase and I had a discount.

42nd Street Photo Company Profile