42nd Street Photo

New York, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

I have had many good dealings with 42nd Street photo over the years, including my recent purchase. Prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and service is good. I would definitely recommend this vendor to others.

Purchased new Sony RX100 - Excellent service and easy to talk to if you have any questions or concerns on a product. On top of that, they offer really good deals on their products, maybe even the cheapest. Quality products is also a key differentiator for 42nd Photo.

Fast, efficient and friendly sales person. The item hasn't arrived yet, so I can't say if the final result will be a five star landing. Adam, the salesperson, made sure the lens was compatible with my Nikon D5500. Thank you.

After searching high and low for a good price in a Nikon D7100 with a lens, I came across 42nd Street Photo--a company I had used once before, many years ago. I found their prices to be more than fair, and their customer service was honest and straightforward.

I rented a lens for a trip I had taken out West last summer and decided to buy it for my future trips. 42nd Street Photo had the best price that I could find! It was also easy to find hoods for the lens and the lens I currently have. They called me letting me know it will be shipped and asked if I would like a signature which is nice since I live in a large apartment building. I will be looking here first for my future camera needs.

Just ordered my 2nd Lens for my Nikon. Have gotten great service when I place my last order. They emailed me making sure that this what I wanted but after he explain the difference between I went his recommended. This is my 3rd purchase and they treated very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went through Amazon and I ended up with 42nd Street. And since I live in Wisconsin, I order some things online only when I know exactly what I'm gonna be getting and 42nd Street met what I ordered and it was ordered properly. I bought a Panasonic camera, which was about $70 cheaper. I checked with other camera stores in town and Best Buy, and they have higher prices but they were all the US version. However, I didn't realize I was getting the international version. The only difference, and this is not a criticism at all, is that the international version does not come with a warranty so that was a little bit of a surprise for me.

But I've had a lot of Panasonic products before and they joined up with a German company that produces some of the best lenses and cameras so I've been happy about it. The camera also had some features I was not expecting but were very good and it suits the needs of what I'm using it for. I would have to say I'm very pleased. It works without problems and I never had to go back for anything.

42nd Street Photo was great to work with. I purchased my first 'real' camera from them, and when I was ready to upgrade, decided to go back to them again. The prices are great. The people on the phone were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend them.

This set had the camera I wanted to purchase, for the least amount of money. I liked that they provide free shipping as well. There were many options to choose from when it came to lens and camera packages, which I also liked. I would recommend 42nd Street Photo to anyone looking for competitively priced photography equipment.

We are frequent customers of 42nd St. for two reasons. The first reason is the most important. They have excellent customer service. The second reason is the prices. We have very rarely found anybody that beats their prices. But because of their customer service we don't look anywhere else. Thank you 42nd St.!

I have ordered an sx60hs camera from 42nd Street Photo and so far have had a good experience with them. When I receive my camera I will be more than happy to follow up with another review. I am sure I will be thrilled with my purchase.

I've ordered from 42nd Street Photo before and it always has been a pleasurable experience. It's easy and the most important thing is that it works! Thank you for being there to take care of my photographic needs.

We had one small problem, I ordered a camera, but was later notified that there was not one in stock. They immediately credited my credit charge. My second order for a camera went very smoothly. Their customer service is very good.

Purchased a Canon 7d on cyber monday from 42nd Street Photo. They advertised it $300 less than retail price - cyber monday deal. I fell for it. I then received the box, which was re-packaged and re-boxed. The box was for a camera and standard lens, I only ordered the camera body, which was the only thing in the box. I then called and spoke directly with Canon technical and they said that their warranty is invalid as they are not an authorized dealer. I said I might as well return it and Canon said to me "Good luck, because they will charge restocking fees." So 42nd Street Photo even has a bad reputation with Canon.

42nd Street Photo charged my card $200 more than advertised and was extremely rude and threatening on the phone with me. I would never buy from them again and I will warn anyone else I know about them. After talking to many people, appears most are aware. I bet there will be another post right after this giving 42nd Street Photo 5 stars, they have a following or fakes.

Canon T5i - The ordering went very smoothly and I got a call from them asking if I had lenses to use since I ordered a body only. They confirmed the order and address. I have not yet received the camera since I just ordered it, but so far so good.

I recently was compelled to return an item (Nikon camera lens) that was a duplicate of an item sent as a gift to my son in New Orleans. This was a result of a miscommunication with my online order. I spoke to a gentleman named Elliot. He was polite, informed and professional. Your company agreed to a full refund. Being a Judge from upstate N.Y, I was pleasantly surprised. Elliot serves your business well. I will be sure to place my next order with 42nd Street Photo and spread the good word to others shopping for cameras in this area.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw 42nd Street Photo on eBay when I was doing a search for the part that I was looking for. The ordering process online was extremely easy and their turnaround time was very quick. I also appreciate the way the item was packaged and shipped. It was overall a very good experience.

I have been a customer of 42nd St Photo since my father brought me to the shop in the '70's. While I frequently shop online at the major websites, when it comes to Photography equipment, I always check 42nd St Photo. Their prices are very competitive and when I have had reason to contact them, they have been eager to answer questions and ensure my satisfaction. I am very satisfied with by purchases and will continue to be a customer of 42nd St Photo.

On 42nd St Photo online advertisement, the Sony HDR-FX1000 is quoted as BRAND NEW. That is false advertisement. The camera is not new. Purchase an extended warranty (CPS). Camera need repairs, shipped to Precision Camera, the repair company CPS instructed us to ship to. We have shipped the camera to them twice, still not repaired. We have not be able to get a solution to this problem.

This is the second camera that I have purchased from 42nd St Photo. Each purchase has been a great experience. They have the best prices and Adam is always helpful and great to work with. I live in California and wished we had this type of store here. Next time I am in New York I am going to shop at their store in person.

This company is a scam artist. They bait and switch, ship incorrect product, broken product, used product and are generally difficult to deal with. If you like to deal with someone out of the trunk of a car, these are the guys for you. Go ahead and take your chances...

I enjoyed browsing your website because it was easy to navigate. I was able to locate the lens that was most compatible for my Nikon D3000. And the pricing was unbeatable. The order was handled promptly and professionally. I will always go to 42nd Street Photo first for future camera needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a specific product and 42nd Street Photo had it at a cheaper price. Their online ordering process was very simple. I just placed my order and they sent it. The experience worked out fine and I've never had any problems. I would recommend 42nd Street Photo.

First time I order something from 42photo. I ordered the same item (Leica camera) from other sellers and twice in the road they both canceled my order for no reason (possibly out of stock). 42photo called me next day asked how I want the item shipped (with or without signature). Very happy and I would recommend to my friends.

Greater customer service. Easy to order online. Have great products at very reasonable prices. Also very good range of products. I would recommend this store to everyone. If you are looking for good cameras at a reasonable price, this is the place.

This was a last minute purchase and I found a great camera at an excellent price. It was processed quickly and I hope to have it before Christmas. My daughter had a talent for photography and I believe this camera is exactly what she needs to develop her talent.

Was very pleased with the service on my order. They did a great job following up with me on the order to make sure nothing else was needed. Adam followed up with me several times when he got voice mail. I'd be happy to order again from 42nd street photo.

Consumer Increased Rating!

100% LYING SCUM BAGS!!! THIS PLACE IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM!!! They do not sell USA versions with warranty of anything they sell. Total GRAY MARKET!!! I bought over 10,000.00 of gear to only find out that none of it has warranty and most of it can't even be serviced. Total JUNK!!! When I was buying the gear I made it clear I didn't want gray market gear and was told that I was getting USA with full warranty.

So today I call them and act like I'm buying another lens and ask (Micheal the same guy I bought everything from) over and over that I would not get gray market cause I did not want it!!! "Oh no everything you have bought from us has been USA and we would not sell gray market to you. We would only sell you the USA gear with a USA warranty plus the extended warranty. You always buy cause I know that's what you want!!!" Micheal is a lying piece of crap!!! What a joke. They will be getting a call from my lawyer!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

This place is a cooked. They are not authorized dealers so you do not get the manufacturer’s warranty with your new camera or lenses. Just learned this after spending over $12,000.00 over the past year with this company. What made me check was the latest purchase (July of 2016) of a Canon 7d Mark II. The camera was not focusing so I called Canon and sent it in for service. I get a bill for nearly $300 because I did not buy it from an authorized dealer. So the only warranty I have is an extended warranty. Extended warranties by definition is to pick up when the manufacturer's is up so I should have had a 4 year warranty with the 3 year extended. The Tamron lens we purchased are supposed to be covered with the 6 year manufacturer's but now it is just a 3 year extended. If they were authorized it would have had 9 years of warranty. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. They are authorized dealers.

I was shopping for the Canon 80D Camera Body as a Christmas gift. I found it on the website for 42nd Street Photo for $300 less than the retail price. I was skeptical, but I found good reviews for the store online, including on ConsumerAffairs.com. I placed the order in the morning and received a phone call from the store in the afternoon. The gentleman called and asked if I needed to purchase a memory card or the warranty. I told him that I didn't need any of those. He then explained to me that the camera I purchased was not the U.S. model and didn't have all the features that the U.S. model had. Namely, that the video wouldn't work in the U.S. He explained to me that was why the camera was $300 cheaper than retail.

I asked if I could cancel my order and he said no. He said that he could sell me the U.S. model for $1029, which is $70 cheaper than retail. I opted to pay for the U.S. model that he offered me. The reason I gave such a poor rating was that the listing for my item was not properly advertised. It doesn't state anywhere that they were not selling the U.S. model. I have read the listing several times and it is not stated anywhere. If I had known that I was not getting the U.S. model, I probably would have purchased the camera from another retailer. It is possible that this is a very good store, which good prices for other items, but I had a bad experience. I also didn't like that I was unable to cancel my order.

Your staff (Adam) was very helpful in making sure I got the right lens (Canon EF50mm f/1.8 STM lens) for my application on a camera I purchased from you previously. He worked out a shipping problem for me and made sure the lens would be protected with the proper filter. Good prices and nice people to deal with! I would recommend 42nd Street Photo to anyone.

42nd Street Photo Company Profile