Call toll free
4.42/5

New York, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1955 We specialize in Digital Camera Equipment as well as Digital Video Equipment. We carry a large assortment of the most updated equipment from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Etc.

42nd Street Photo Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 27, 2019

I found 42nd St photo extremely helpful - I didn't know what kind of lens my camera should have for a certain vacation and called Best Buy and other "camera shops" - they had no experience no answers and no recommendations - kept telling me to search online. So - I called 42nd st photo and immediately I was helped with an educated suggestion. They made it easy. I bought the lens - went on safari and can't thank them enough for their help - photos are awesome. And - btw - the price was nearly 50% less than anywhere else. Thank you 42St Photo!

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

42nd Street Photo has a well-designed site and it responds very quickly. Making purchases is extremely easy and sometimes, if a product is not available, they have it sorta reserved for you as next in line. I’ve been dealing with them for about 20 years, and reliability and pricing are the two critical things. I've chosen to purchase there due to product availability and pricing. Then in terms of reputation, it’s not somebody that you would not trust either. They have good name recognition. I get advertisements from them all the time and they also offer specials and discounts. My interaction with their customer service representative was satisfactory as well. Their people tend to be quite knowledgeable and that’s very important.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I live in Missouri and ordered the Sony RX100 VI camera from 42nd St Photo located in NY online and in my order I added an accessory kit. Mike from 42 Photo called me before it was shipped and let me know that the kit I bought online wasn't compatible with the camera I purchased and he advised me what would work best and was very helpful with any question I had about the camera and even added in a few things at no cost. My camera and accessories were shipped and I had them in 4 business days. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD Lens for Nikon Came. So far I have only used this lens outdoors. The pictures are sharp and the autofocus works great. Great for event photography where the f 2.8 comes in handy to get that extra light. This lens is as good as the reviews say it is. The lens is extremely sharp and focuses quickly with hardly any back and forth. It is of reasonable size and weight for the speed of the lens. This is a great basic lens for the Nikon D810 and gives me a good range of focal lengths for most subjects, until you need a longer lens.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I've ordered lenses and cameras from 42nd Street Photo. I like the price and quality of purchase. When you buy camera equipment, you look for the product that look close to new or they do not look beat up. Also, make sure that the brass is not cracked, or the coloration of the lens is not scratched or scarred up. From what I’ve seen with 42nd, they looked pretty brand new. They always show you all the items that they have or they send an email telling me to check out their item. They got my orders right out and they sent an email saying that they've shipped it. Everything was fine when they send my orders. I never had to call them for anything. I recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Resolution response: Oct. 2, 2019

42nd Street and I have come to a very satisfactory agreement! Thanks 42nd Str for coming to this great agreement with me!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I bought the camera of my dreams, a Nikon D500. I saved for this camera and was really looking forward to using it. I had rented a D500 last year and loved how sharp the pics were. I ordered from 42nd street as the price was a bit cheaper.. BUT!!!! When I placed my order, I found out that the sale price was no longer available.... In fact, it is $200. cheaper at an authorized Nikon Dealer. I have checked the list, and did not see 42nd str. on the list. I did not know that they were not a "listed" dealer.

Did not know that the camera had no factory warranty. When its performance was less than stellar, I contacted Nikon.. That is when I found out, after sending my camera in to them, that it was gray market and could not be repaired. Nikon would like the original receipt and then they would be able to repair it. I called 42nd street and asked about the original receipt and they told me that Nikon would accept the receipt from 42nd str. to me and that 42nd str, is not able to provide the original receipt that shows original purchase of the camera.. Nikon says they want the "original receipt." 42nd str. has shown, in my case to be less than honest and I would not recommend them at all! For this reason, I feel that my money should be refunded. Thanks!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bought this camera online in September 2017 from 42nd Street Photo. The price seemed fair, shipping was quick and I was happy. Recently, the camera stopped working. I sent it back into Nikon for repair only to find that what I had purchased was "grey market" (a term I'll admit I was unfamiliar with), meaning that I had no warranty on it. I had never seen anything related to that on the website. I just went back and checked again and still see nothing referring to the fact that this is grey market. How can they get away with selling products without a warranty without even mentioning it? I, for one, will never buy from them again.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I always look for an attractive price and 42nd Street Photo had the items I wanted. I helped my best friend's wife with a camera as she wanted to start taking some kids' pictures. The Nikon camera lens had some lens protectors, lens filters, and the neutral one which protects the lens. 42nd Street also had a great bag which was the other thing we needed her. They had the price and the right product and I bought the things through eBay. It was quickly shipped, well-packed and came right to the house.

Original review: June 14, 2019

We'd recommend 42nd Street Photo. We purchased a Nikon D5600, and I love our experience purchasing from them. Peter bought the product online, and it was less than 24 hours to get here. I was surprised. So far, the quality of the product is awesome. I've been trying different things, and so far, so good. We're absolutely satisfied right now.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We looked up camera equipment on Amazon and 42nd Street came up. It had good reviews. The product cost, quality, and availability compared to other stores that I considered are very good. I'm satisfied. The tripod that I bought is very nice.

42nd Street Photo Company Information