Call toll free
4.69/5
Based on 126 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

New York, NY

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Established in 1955 We specialize in Digital Camera Equipment as well as Digital Video Equipment. We carry a large assortment of the most updated equipment from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Etc.

634 42nd Street Photo Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2018

Bought Nikon Coolpix P900. I wanted a telephoto lens to take bird pictures from 150 feet or more away for my current DSLR. My market search found the P900 which has 24 to 2000mm capability built in. A telephoto lens would cost at least two or more times the P900's cost. 42nd St Photo had the best price and had P900s in stock. They shipped it very fast and I have taken great photos with it already. I am very pleased with the purchase process and camera.

Get expert buying tips about Camera Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I am very pleased with the camera (Fujifilm X100T) and the ordering and delivery process. Ordering was simple. The price was competitive - I had searched around. The delivery of the product was prompt, the product was safely packaged. I had no issues and was pleased with the service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Staff was professional and courteous. Lens (Canon 16 to 35 zoom lens) arrived in perfect condition and has performed flawlessly. I took it up to Alaska last week and captured some great landscapes. No problems with total experience. Will definitely order additional equipment from you guys in the future.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have been purchasing photographic equipment from 42nd Street since the 1970s, mostly for my photography studios. I am now retired, but still buy from them as needed. They have always been the best to deal with and have never let me down. Always shipped on time and absolutely no problems with orders. As for the Nikon D750, it has been as reliable as every other Nikon product I have used through the years. I started with the Nikons as a U.S. Marine Corps photographer and stayed with them in my photo businesses. There are other fine camera brands, of course, but after having such good experience with Nikon products, I would not change brands.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Very helpful people. I ordered over phone and was not sure what I wanted. They helped me decide, gave lots of pros and con of different products. I am happy with my products and with the service given before, during, and after the sale.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 378 5th Photo Corp?

Original review: June 10, 2018

I ordered a Nikon D5500 Camera December 11 2016 so I could have it for Christmas. It was shipped two days later and received it a few days after that. It was exactly what I had expected and has worked flawlessly over the past year and a half. I have used the camera for portrait, sports, scenery and all around family memories and have been very pleased with the results. It has many features I am still learning to use. I would recommend this camera to anyone that is serious at looking for a good high end camera and would also recommend 42nd Street Photo to provide the camera and supplies to enjoy the memories that it provides.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Yesterday I bought a D7500 Nikon camera from them with a AF-S NIKKOR 18-140mm f/4G VR Zoom Lens. Today I was asked to call 42nd Street Photo back which I did. The man who answered started by asking me if I wanted the battery that last 30 minutes, 2 hrs, 4 hrs, or 6 hrs. He said the battery that comes with it, which is supposed to be a Nikon EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery, only lasts 30 minutes and that it only takes 100-200 pictures. I contacted Nikon and they said this battery takes 1200 pictures. Then he said the camera doesn't come with any memory so did I want to buy memory.

Lastly he said the AF-S NIKKOR 18-140mm f/4G VR Zoom Lens is not automatic and that if I want automatic I would have to upgrade to the AF-S NIKKOR 18-200mm f/4G VR Zoom Lens for an additionally several hundred dollars. By this time I was furious and told him I wanted my order canceled. He said that he didn't know if he could cancel the order because I had a priority on the order. This was a crazy statement to me because if he could make all these changes to the order then he could most certainly cancel it. It's a bait and switch. I can see in my email that the camera is going to arrive on Monday so he didn't cancel the order as requested. Let's see if I get genuine Nikon parts or not. Not a reliable company. Do buy from them.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchase the camera as a gift. After researching online I found a good price and surprisingly helpful service people here. The person who called regarding my order explained the pros and cons of my choice. That was a new experience with an online order! My new retiree was really pleased.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My experience has always been wonderful. The staff has always been very helpful and informative. I have recommended the store to numerous friends and will continue to do so. I had purchased a new camera and various supplies. Everything was delivered timely and in perfect shape.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Nikon D7200 - Very happy with the camera after getting used to the focus menus. One thing I do not like is the shipping. Every time I ordered a product you ship UPS which is fine, most of the times it is in Harrisburg the next day, I only live 10 min. away from the hub. However then the product will be shipped to the US post office in Harrisburg for further shipping, then I have to wait another one or two days for delivery. That's my only complaint. Products and your service is great.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Sony 16-70mm T* E f/4 ZA OSS lens: My sales rep was Michael... He answered my questions knowledgeably, and made a recommendation on the purchase of a thin UV lens. The lens was my go-to lens for a 30-day trip... excellent quality. The package arrived with no problems. I would use 42nd Street Photo again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I ordered the Nikon B700 camera from 42nd Street Photo after doing extensive price comparison on the internet. I could not beat their price. Their customer service was great. The camera was promptly shipped and arrived earlier than I had expected. Overall, a great shopping experience.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Thank you for so much for the great service that you gave me when ordering my Tamron 18–300 lens. From the beginning of my phone conversation until the day my lens was delivered everything went perfectly. I highly recommend your company to anyone who is looking for photography equipment.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Needed a tripod for my camera with a heavy telephoto lens. Also one that is easy to carry on hikes. Called and spoke with a sales representative who recommended Vanguard Espod CX 203AP Tripod. Very happy with it. Easy to use and handles my camera with telephoto very nicely. Seems stable. Would recommend highly.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I ordered the lens (40-150mm f/2.8 M. Zuiko Lens) along with the 1.4x teleconverter and the Ultra Optics 3 piece filter kit. I called to verify what I was ordering and the salesman, Michael, helped me get it right. The lens arrived on time and is just as expected. I really appreciate the great service.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Had a great experience placing my order. I am a newbie and didn't realize I ordered the outdated lense. I was called and explained the difference and went with the newer lens. I can't wait to get the lens so I can take pictures of my boys playing baseball.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I ordered the Nikon D7200 24.2 Megapixel DSLR W/ 18-140mm VR Lens as a present for my son, not only did I get it for the best total price (camera, lens, shipping, warranty, tax, etc...), 42nd made sure it arrived when I needed it. My son has been using it 4 months now and has had many of his action sports pictures published on the web. Great Camera!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

When I spoke with Michael on the phone and realized I would not get my product until after I really needed it, he told me he would ship it out overnight so I could have it on time for my event. He was polite and very courteous and I appreciate all the effort he put forth in making me a satisfied customer.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Ordering from 42nd Street Photo online was easy. They have a lot of types and they have stuff listed on eBay. It's just a click to order and click to pay. I searched the stuff for price online, and I saw they had a pretty good price. We buy product for our customers, and then we mark it up a little bit and resell it. However, I've been in this industry for a long time and I don't use them much since they do a lot of bait-and-switch tactics. I've ordered stuff in the past. I placed the order, and then three or four days later, I get a call saying, "Oh, well the item you ordered is out of stock, but we have the US version for $80 more." That happened on several occasions.

I can't have a customer paying me something, and then I have to turn around and tell them the price went up by $80. And it wasn't the same day I placed the order. It would be three or four days later. And then they try to sell you warranties with high pressure sales tactics. I don't need it. Also, I expect the thing to be delivered and it hasn't even left yet. I've not had good experience with them. I haven't ordered from them in a couple of years.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Sales Staff was very attentive to my order and checked to make sure what I ordered would work with my camera (24-240MM SONY LENS) - it came in 2 days and is a great lens! The lens is of good quality and has taken great pictures so far. It is very versatile and has accomplished my goal of having one lens to travel with.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Canon G3x - Excellent Camera!. It arrived in great condition. It was shipped and received in a timely fashion. Price was very competitive. Sales person on the phone when I ordered the camera was very helpful. I would definitely order from them again.

Original review: May 6, 2018

As always, 42nd St. Photo delivers excellence! I can buy my Canon lenses (Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens) anywhere, but 42nd St. Photo continues to satisfy with great prices, fast delivery and dependable staff that helps with those hard to pin down details about my purchases. I have been using them for decades and will continue to purchase all my quality gear from them with confidence.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We ordered online, the goods came in a timely manner, everything was as advertised. I was dreading a call to be upsold like some of the NY Photo places. The prices are good and everything was packed well so we had no damage or missing items. This is a good experience.

Original review: May 3, 2018

42nd Street Photo has been around forever and they seemed to have the best price for what I was looking for at the time. I bought it online and I got it.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Fully satisfied by product and fast delivery. Staff took their time to address all my concerns ahead of shipping the product. Once en route they have updated me with delivery times convenient to my schedule. After receiving it they followed up with me to ensure the product satisfied my requirements.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I bought from 42nd Street Photo a number of times in the past and I’ve never had a problem with them. My experience is good. Their price is competitive but it can always be cheaper.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We travel a lot and take thousands of pictures. This Canon PowerShot G1X Mark II we purchased online from 42nd Street Photo has worked out perfectly. It takes excellent pictures in a camera frame that is big enough to get the job done but not the monster that the bigger Canons and Nikons are which are beasts to try and manage when traveling extensively. The service from 42nd Street Photo was outstanding. Quick delivery and the package arrived complete and in excellent shape. They are now my online go to camera support from now on.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Excellent prices and customer service to match. Accurate product descriptions and pictures, with promotional offers to make your shopping experience even better. Friendly customer service checks in to alert about shipping and delivery updates and to answer any questions. I definitely will be shopping with 42ndStreet Photo again!

Original review: March 28, 2018

My purchase experience with 42 ST Camera was as good as it gets. Easy, items advertised available and quick response. I was contacted to decide if I wanted item delivered to my front door or to require a signature to pick it up. I appreciate their inquiry given this day of porch pirates.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I received a call after placing an order online for a daylight filter. We talked about the quality of the 100mm macro lens that needed protection filter. I upgraded the filter to match the quality of the lens. Great advice, knowledgeable folks at 42nd. No sales pressure just useful info. Thanks.

42nd Street Photo Company Information