3.7/5 (465 ratings)

About Roku

Roku Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roku?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roku?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

I've always been a Firestick person. Decided to go a different route, buying the Roku premiere. I couldn't be more happy with this product. The easy to use plug and play apps and more. I've made the switch. I will be purchasing more of these, replacing Firestick throughout my home.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

When I chose to stop buying a cable subscription for my tv viewing I was recommended by my dad to go with Roku. It’s been over five years and I could not be happier. I get more than enough channels along with my local channels for all my entertainment needs. When I have company they cannot believe all the shows I get. I definitely have and will continue to recommend Roku.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Roku TV has been the best thing ever. I’m able to add channels and apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, IMDb and so many others. I use my Roku every single day. It’s so easy to use. It is so much better than TiVo. And I really loved my TiVo.❤️

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My tv is awesome. It's a Roku 32" smart tv. I love all the apps etc that I can get on it. The picture is really good. Also it's a good size for my room and the remote is easy to use. The speakers also have a good range. I don't have to turn it loud to hear it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have all of my television apps streaming in one place. Able to add other streaming platforms. I do not need a cable box unless I want to DVR. I am able to stream my Xfinity services from the TV. Able to connect amazon firestick successfully and able to add a sound bar even though the volume on the tv is great.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Roku is a good alternative to cable, unless you need help. Do not expect support or you will be disappointed. Usually roku works and has loads of viewing options. Sometimes it doesn't work right or you cannot stream as usual. When you log in there is a selection for help, but no way to ask specific question. No chat with customer service. No email address to send question. There is a FAQ page, if you're are lucky that might be of help, if not it certainly seems like their position is, once you are a customer you are on your own to resolve issues.

Original review: April 9, 2022

Roku I thought was ok till they took a lot of money and said I didn't have a pin. Password wasn't good enough..then accused me of sharing my tv with others.. If I remove my info they can't return my money. They never returned it.. One star to give review.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Roku Products are good as long as you don't need support. My chat windows mysteriously go away when they don't want to answer and they don't seem to be able to answer any subscription questions, they have to refer you. I lost several months of my acorn subscription because they just couldn't help. I am stuck with Roku devices but fortunately I can get to Prime Video which has everything I want and "Customer Service too". I will not be purchasing anything Roku in the Future. I suspect they won't be around much longer if they continue to behave like this.

Original review: March 26, 2022

One thing not told about Roku. If you don't have 100 percent excellent Wifi, your Roku experience will suck! Constant buffering and sometimes no tv at all! I will never recommend Roku! I wish we had never wasted our money for the Roku garbage. And the support is non existent!

Original review: March 23, 2022

Against FCC rules Roku allows advertisements to raise volume levels. Please stop this so annoying for children and others. They sneak in 4-5 second blasts to get your attention also. Next, make a complaint with FCC.

Roku author review by Jonathan Trout

Roku lets you have all of your video streaming services in one place. You have access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from free and paid channels. You can add streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Crackle, Sling TV and more. Roku streaming players start at $30.

• Roku Express: The Roku Express plugs into your TV’s HDMI slot and lets you stream content in 1080p HD over your wifi connection. You can download all of your video streaming service apps like Netflix and Hulu to your dashboard. Browse over 500,000 movies and shows that you can rent, buy, subscribe to or watch for free. The Roku Express costs $30.

• Roku streaming stick: The Roku streaming stick is about the size of a USB stick and plugs into your TV’s HDMI slot. It has a quad-core process that makes navigation and streaming faster and smoother. It’s portable so you can move the stick to different TVs around your home or take it to your friend's house and pick up where you left off. Its compact design makes it great for wall-mounted TVs. The streaming stick costs $40.

• Roku Premiere: Roku Premiere delivers fast and smooth 1080p HD streaming on all smart TVs. If you have a 4K Ultra HD TV, Premiere will stream content that is meant to be seen in ultra HD. Premiere includes a 4K spotlight that lets you search 4K-specific content. The Roku Premiere costs $70.

• Roku TV: Roku TV integrates the Roku operating system into any Insignia, Sharp, Hitachi, Hisense and TCL TVs. You can easily switch between your cable box, gaming console and favorite streaming services so all of your entertainment is in one place. You buy any of the previously mentioned TVs at your local Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sam's Club and more.

• Mobile experience: The Roku mobile app turns your smartphone or tablet into a TV remote. The app is available on iOS and Android devices.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team