Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.53/5

408 Roku Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

ROKU TV provides value for your money! Roku has a feature for your media, videos and Bluetooth for your music. Roku is easy to set up for those that don't feel comfortable around technology, it will walk you through each step, making it simple to connect to your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth device and computer! The possibilities of channels is endless. It saves me so much money. No longer using cable and can still have the channels I want paying a smaller fee. You can find local channels as well as the big ones (e.g. HBO, Starz, Showtime).

Using Roku's website to manage your channels and account makes it easier yet! I have found many channels that I had to pay through the nose to get on cable; here with Roku I can add it to my channel lineup for a small fee (e.g. HBO, Starz, Curiousity Stream, Lifetime movies= 14.99, 8.99, 3.99, 5.99) You can even subscribe to Sling if you want. Tired of a channel... Remove it! I save so much using Roku and have told friends about it too! Roku is beyond cable TV and it won't bleed you dry!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

A year ago I was still dealing with Dish TV. If I found the program I wanted to watch it was OK. But there many times when I tried to watch a station or program that was not from my usual small set of channels, that I missed the program entirely. Sometimes it took 30 minutes or more just to find the channel. And who wants to watch a program that's half over?

So then I switched to a YouTube TV/Chromecast setup. And it was somewhat easier and also cheaper than Dish. But it was still far from easy to get the program I wanted on the screen without a lot of wasted time - and, I'll admit, a fair amount of swearing. One day I saw an ad on TV that said the ROKU unit I was using for Netflix, Amazon and Pandora - also had the ability to connect to YouTube and the YouTube TV I was already buying from Google. It was not obvious how to set it up but I kept at it until I finally got those channels registered. Since then my TV watching experience has greatly improved. Finding any channel is far easier, usually just a few clicks on one remote that controls everything. I can now focus my swearing on the content. Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone might find it useful.

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I love using my Roku's to access Hulu. I rarely watch anything else, though at times I do watch a movie or two on Amazon Prime because I'm already a member. I do wish it were a little less expensive, but then I have the premium package so I can stream on multiple devices at one time.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Satellite bill was getting much too expensive. We only watch the premium movie channels, MSNBC, PBS, the History Channel to name a few. Why pay for any of the sports, religious or shopping channels? With Roku we get everything we want at a price less than half of satellite. They, DirecTV, wanted us to stay or switch to their streaming service at about $30 more than what we now pay through Roku, plus with a pending price increase slated after the first of the year you just can not trust AT&T in any way.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I've had my Roku $30 stick at home for going on 3 months. TV is not a smart TV but an 8 year old mid size LCD with HDMI connectors. I had no problems with the setup; after that it worked out of the box. I subscribe (pay for) only one channel (Acorn TV) and have had no problems with the monthly billing. Never had to contact anybody about it not working. I do sometimes have problems with load time of content, which I consider is due primarily to network congestion based on established factors I know about (other users, etc). I take the time to restart the stick once every 2 weeks or so because there's no way to turn it off other than unplugging it. It's straightforward and problem-free.

I see plenty of other users have major problems with various things to do with Roku, and because I haven't had any I thought I'd write this to let people know that it's not always difficult. Having said that, I have going on 30 years experience working with various data, voice, and VOIP networks... But I don't believe my knowledge has been an important factor in getting Roku to work. I'm a private individual not connected in any way with Roku, TV or internet companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roku?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I have 2 Roku sticks and with the new, bigger TV thought I'd upgrade to a Roku for 4K, etc. Of the 2 sticks I still have, one has a power button and the other does not, now I discover that the Premier doesn't have one, why? They can upgrade but not add a power button, that makes zero sense. That means I have to have the remote for the TV, the Roku remote, the DVD player remote, and the receiver remote! Another issue is, the remotes for a Fire Stick have covers you can buy for their remotes. They are in bright colors so you can find them! You have no idea how many times I have looked for that blessed remote!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I had to order a replacement HDMI USB cord for my streaming stick device. I went threw the Roku Store. I did Overnight Shipping. Order was placed Monday Sept 9th. Today is Sept 10th. It is 7:22 PM and my package still has not left the Roku Warehouse. I am clueless to when I will get my order. I asked to cancel my order and put a new order in since overnight shipping is so expensive! Roku Customer Service says there is no way to cancel order. All I can do is scratch my head and think what in the world!!!! Why am I being charged FedEx Overnight Shipping when it has taken 2 days and counting for it to leave their Warehouse????

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

No AirPlay 2 yet and awful refresh rate on any model. Include Airplay 2 and offer an LED TV with a 240 refresh rate and Roku will have another Roku TV customer. Airplay 2 is on the way so that’s good. But the fact your guys’ refresh rate is 60 on your “premium” TVs is a laughing joke.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

The first problem is that it would not hook up. Gave me a phone number to call. They wanted $100 up front to sign up.I hung up, because on the screen they stated that there is no hook up fee. Went to the Roku website. Started there. Got almost done, and then they wanted my credit card number in case I wanted to purchase a movie. I don't give out my credit card Number. Called them direct. No response. A really poor way of doing business. Going with the fire stick. A lot easier.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I am a member of lifetime movie network...The station plays on my kitchen tv, but when I try it on the other 2 tv's with built in Roku it ask for my email and password, tells me I am already a member and then sends me to subscribe to buy it all over again...I tried calling the 1-888 number. It's always busy. And to get technical help, you're asked a series of questions and then sent over to buy a one year technical support helpline. If you don't buy it no one will talk to you via chat or on phone. This is totally disgusting.

Roku expert review by Jonathan Trout

Roku lets you have all of your video streaming services in one place. You have access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from free and paid channels. You can add streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Crackle, Sling TV and more. Roku streaming players start at $30.

• Roku Express: The Roku Express plugs into your TV’s HDMI slot and lets you stream content in 1080p HD over your wifi connection. You can download all of your video streaming service apps like Netflix and Hulu to your dashboard. Browse over 500,000 movies and shows that you can rent, buy, subscribe to or watch for free. The Roku Express costs $30.

• Roku streaming stick: The Roku streaming stick is about the size of a USB stick and plugs into your TV’s HDMI slot. It has a quad-core process that makes navigation and streaming faster and smoother. It’s portable so you can move the stick to different TVs around your home or take it to your friend's house and pick up where you left off. Its compact design makes it great for wall-mounted TVs. The streaming stick costs $40.

• Roku Premiere: Roku Premiere delivers fast and smooth 1080p HD streaming on all smart TVs. If you have a 4K Ultra HD TV, Premiere will stream content that is meant to be seen in ultra HD. Premiere includes a 4K spotlight that lets you search 4K-specific content. The Roku Premiere costs $70.

• Roku TV: Roku TV integrates the Roku operating system into any Insignia, Sharp, Hitachi, Hisense and TCL TVs. You can easily switch between your cable box, gaming console and favorite streaming services so all of your entertainment is in one place. You buy any of the previously mentioned TVs at your local Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sam's Club and more.

• Mobile experience: The Roku mobile app turns your smartphone or tablet into a TV remote. The app is available on iOS and Android devices.

• Best for: non-iOS users wanting a cheaper streaming device.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout