3.9/5 (1244 ratings)

About Roku

Roku Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roku?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Roku?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

When I chose to stop buying a cable subscription for my tv viewing I was recommended by my dad to go with Roku. It’s been over five years and I could not be happier. I get more than enough channels along with my local channels for all my entertainment needs. When I have company they cannot believe all the shows I get. I definitely have and will continue to recommend Roku.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Roku TV has been the best thing ever. I’m able to add channels and apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, IMDb and so many others. I use my Roku every single day. It’s so easy to use. It is so much better than TiVo. And I really loved my TiVo.❤️

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

My tv is awesome. It's a Roku 32" smart tv. I love all the apps etc that I can get on it. The picture is really good. Also it's a good size for my room and the remote is easy to use. The speakers also have a good range. I don't have to turn it loud to hear it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have all of my television apps streaming in one place. Able to add other streaming platforms. I do not need a cable box unless I want to DVR. I am able to stream my Xfinity services from the TV. Able to connect amazon firestick successfully and able to add a sound bar even though the volume on the tv is great.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I have never had anything but good service from Roku. I really enjoy paying only for channels I want, and being able to never see any commercials by paying a buck or two extra. Roku seems to be channeling the execrable standards of cable and satellite conglomerates. In particular, they have begun finding ways to force channels onto your list that you haven't asked for. I suspect that it is entirely their doing as a way to get you to try channels that make them the most money.

The company has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. They have a self-serving forum, but there is no possible way to ask the company to resolve any issue. If you want to speak to a technician, you are sent to a for-profit service that you can pay for answers. But the $1.00 charge includes a stealth monthly membership that you must remember to disable or pay for forever.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Had an unauthorized charge for ESPN service and the agent, Richard Dean **, was very helpful in helping me resolve this issue and issue a refund. Thank you for great customer service. Keep up good work and you will always have customer loyalty. James **.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Recently during program broadcast an automated voice breaks in and announces upcoming advertisements, programs... I enjoy my Roku but the automated voice is very annoying and difficult to understand...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Worst billing experience I have ever had. Still charging me for subscriptions from someone else’s account. I’m having to close my bank because the company has no customer support that can be reached by phone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have a Roku tv and a Roku stick and I wish I could get my money back for both but especially the television! It's less than a year old and the worst thing I've ever bought! Glitchy, slow, and that's only when it works! But it's only like that when I'm using the Roku service! I can get on the Same apps on my Xbox that's connected to the tv, and it works perfectly! I've reached out to customer service--especially since I have warranties on both but my warranty servicers say that it's still under manufacturer warranty so I reached out to the manufacturer first--and I got rude and ridiculous responses, and that's after my fifth attempt with no response at all! They refuse to honor the warranty! And refuse refunds or even exchanges! I would rather just get a Chromecast or something but can't afford it! Don't use Roku!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I love that Roku has everything I want to watch on it. It has something for the whole family, I like watching true crime, my boyfriend likes to watch something where he can learn about a new place, and my child like to watch cartoons. We absolutely love our Roku.

Roku author review by Jonathan Trout

Roku lets you have all of your video streaming services in one place. You have access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from free and paid channels. You can add streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Crackle, Sling TV and more. Roku streaming players start at $30.

• Roku Express: The Roku Express plugs into your TV’s HDMI slot and lets you stream content in 1080p HD over your wifi connection. You can download all of your video streaming service apps like Netflix and Hulu to your dashboard. Browse over 500,000 movies and shows that you can rent, buy, subscribe to or watch for free. The Roku Express costs $30.

• Roku streaming stick: The Roku streaming stick is about the size of a USB stick and plugs into your TV’s HDMI slot. It has a quad-core process that makes navigation and streaming faster and smoother. It’s portable so you can move the stick to different TVs around your home or take it to your friend's house and pick up where you left off. Its compact design makes it great for wall-mounted TVs. The streaming stick costs $40.

• Roku Premiere: Roku Premiere delivers fast and smooth 1080p HD streaming on all smart TVs. If you have a 4K Ultra HD TV, Premiere will stream content that is meant to be seen in ultra HD. Premiere includes a 4K spotlight that lets you search 4K-specific content. The Roku Premiere costs $70.

• Roku TV: Roku TV integrates the Roku operating system into any Insignia, Sharp, Hitachi, Hisense and TCL TVs. You can easily switch between your cable box, gaming console and favorite streaming services so all of your entertainment is in one place. You buy any of the previously mentioned TVs at your local Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sam's Club and more.

• Mobile experience: The Roku mobile app turns your smartphone or tablet into a TV remote. The app is available on iOS and Android devices.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team