1.4/5 (326 ratings)

About WOW! Internet Cable and Phone

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WOW! Internet Cable and Phone?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I've been with WOW now for fifteen years. The customer service has been excellent and dare I say friendly. Problems are generally solved immediately. The quality of cable and internet is outstanding. There have been price increases but no surprises. I've looked at other companies but they all seem to have surprise price increases built in. I'd recommend WOW to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I've been with WOW cable, phone and internet for over 15 years. Although the customer service has been outsourced to the Philippines, so far I have continued great customer service support. The product and price is great so far. They have kept my bill affordable. Also, a new modem with higher internet speed is in the mail at no charge without my request. That is great service!!!!

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Good service. But in the past WOW has a tendency to raise prices without letting the customers know. Too many hidden fees. WOW will reduce or cancel the fees if challenged on the fees but it is not great customer marketing.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I had WOW some years ago. It was the best, by far, but became too pricey for me. I returned back to WOW after being disappointed with AT&T. Extensive research was done before a new 24 month agreement was made with WOW, based on their previous reputation and the offer. I was promised, over and over again, a specific price for the first 12 months of our 24 month agreement and that price + $10 per month for the second 12 months of the agreement. I took extensive notes on the numerous calls I made before choosing WOW. I verbally reviewed the agreement numerous times, ensuring I understood it and there would be no surprises. I requested it in writing, but was refused saying all conversations were recorded and if ever there was a discrepancy, the supervisor would pull up the conversation and resolve the issue.

Beware! You, not WOW, need to record the conversation and prepare for still being disappointed. Never once was I able to get them to review a conversation or even speak to a supervisor. Their representatives tell you whatever it takes to get you to agree and then they change their part of the agreement at will. (Their representatives are difficult to understand so I continually repeated back to them what I thought they were saying, erasing the possibility of any misunderstanding.)

You become locked in to whatever they decide for your monthly bill will be, which is not what you agreed to. The 1st 12 month period ended up costing about $10 more per month than quoted (taxes and fees were promised to be included in my quote). The 2nd 12 months of my agreement added $40+ per month to my bill. I called many times and spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this. I wrote three or four letters to them, all without any acknowledgment. Why is nothing being done to stop this from being acceptable?

Original review: July 8, 2021

Lately WOW has been terrible. We continue to have issues with WOW. The latest issue started on 6/23. We received the new bill from WOW and they increased their price by just about 10%. With that I had it with their poor service and the fact that they arbitrarily raise their rates. So, on 6/26 I terminated all video services and only had Internet and one home phone. Also I signed up with two other streaming services for $40.50/mo. They said they would send a Fed-X box so I could return the equipment. They said I should get the box within 3-4 business days. The internet started to cut out frequently during the day. I called up and with some troubleshooting I determined their cable modem went bad and that it was the culprit for the breaks in internet service. They said they would mail out a new cable modem and that I should receive it in 3-4 business days. I said until I get the new modem I would call every two days for a credit for service I can't use.

Furthermore I told them I can't use my streaming service either and that since they were at fault they should pay for it. They said they would only give me a credit for the service I have with them. This went on until today, 7/7. I still have not received the Fed-Ex box to return equipment and I found out that there was no order put in for this. Then I found out the cable modem was not ordered either.

I have spent house on the phone with these people getting a credit for service they have not been delivering and not able to do my job since 6/28. I said this was not acceptable. So the service person said they would send a service guy to the house on Monday to bring me a new modem and take away the video equipment. I said this was not acceptable. I have to wait for another 5 days to get my equipment fixed. These guys are the worst. Nobody should be signing up with them. People with them ought to re-evaluate why they are staying with them. A signal needs to be sent to WOW. Now I view their name in the following manner, "WOW these guys are terrible and their service people are the worst"!

Original review: June 30, 2021

WOW was great when I originally ordered it (15 years ago). Since then, their prices have been creeping up without any notice. I am constantly calling to negotiate getting a decent price. Customer service is a joke. They think they are doing you a favor by giving you a 6 month discount of maybe $10. I just can't tell you how much time I wasted on the phone with customer service. They don't listen to you, you can't understand them, and when they've had enough of you they put you on hold. Also, WOW sent customers a new modem in late 2020, and told you to hook it up yourself. I can't tell you how much I loathe this company.

Original review: June 15, 2021

For the SECOND time in 3 weeks our internet was cut off during the day without notice! And both my husband and I work from home. Their workers came to the back of our house in the alley today and just off our internet without saying anything. My husband was in the middle of an incredibly important meeting. My husband went outside and asked the worker how long it would take to fix the issue they were working on and the worker said "I don't care that you from home, I don't have to call ahead, and it will take however long it takes." This is after the same thing happened just a few weeks ago AND we've had incredibly spotty service for the past year. Their associates are mean and their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. Seriously - don't waste your time. It's not worth the headaches you'll experience.

Original review: May 18, 2021

I have had WOW for 5 years. I have no choice but to have wow because there are no other service providers for our office. We had so many problems with their phone lines that we switched to a different company for VOIP. They charged us a huge fee, basically all the phone service left in the contract at one time. I told them when customers called in, we could hear them but they could not hear us. They told me that the frequency upon which we called out techs to look at the problem was not enough to cancel. How many times do you have to call a company to fix something when they always tell us they don't know how to fix the problem?

Their internet has been fair, but I would stay away from any and all other services. A call to them needs a dedicated 2 hours, and the highest level in "customer care" is a supervisor. After that they have to "email someone"? I was talking to a former employee who said, "they know that the VOIP has lots of problems, but they will not spend the money to fix the problems." He gave me a higher ups phone number, but she has yet to take my call or call me back. (four attempts) They have me because I cannot get another provider in our area, so if this is the case for you, my recommendations would be get the minimum from them, expect the minimum from them, and get everything you can from a different company.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I have had while for about 15 years. Started out reasonable rates. Last year’s bill has gone up about $45. Now they’re asking over $240 for cable and Internet and landline. Poor quality picture “Pixelating “on some channels. When you call customer service you’re talking to someone in a foreign country. All they really want to do is push a button and reset your receiver/modem. Doesn’t always work to reset. Usually takes about two hours on the phone to try to reach someone that could help and then again many times that doesn’t do any good. I’ve had to schedule service calls and waited five hours for them to show up and they never do. They keep pushing their streaming service rather than the cable self. For an older person who doesn’t know that much about electronics it’s definitely a no go. Would not recommend Wow cable service.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I moved to Canton on Sunday and beforehand booked Wow activation on Monday morning 8-10 am. The internet was not activated on Monday coz of line issues. I was told it would be set up by evening. Same promises to my calls on Tuesday and Wednesday to customer care. No callback from them on status. It’s Thursday and no internet still. I should have moved to Xfinity on Monday itself as they would have set up everything in 3-4 days too.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Today is Feb. 3, 2021. This morning and just when I really need the internet, it dropped out again... this is three weeks of continual internet dropouts. I call and it's days to get help. Last week when it dropped for a whole day I requested a call when the internet came back. I got the call but the internet was NOT BACK. I am fed up with this very unreliable service. But just call WOW, they will tell you how reliable their service is. I don't understand how they get away with such bad internet service!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I called in December 2020 to cancel my father's home phone service. The agent was very kind and immediately cancelled the phone service, leaving the internet and cable service intact. Soon after, a bill was received prorating the phone service. No problem! In January 2021, my father received a bill that was more than when he had home phone service. He was being charged for "whole home WiFi" that was declined when the service was set up in 2018 because my father had his own router. When the technician set up my father's service, he connected my father's privately owned router to the modem.

There were several other questionable charges. "Sports charge", "broadcast tv" (free with an antenna), but in all the representative credited my father's account for what he could and advised that his bill for internet and tv service would be $157.94 from this point forward (this occurred on January 18, 2021). The $157.94 bill was paid and credited to my father's account on 1/29/2021. On 1/30/2021, my father received a post card from WOW dated 1/22/2021 that indicated that there was an account balance of $157.94 and an Equipment balance of $150.00. The first sentence of the postcard reads "We hate to see you go, and we'd especially hate to see you go to collections". I immediately reached out to WOW on 1/30/2021. After much back and forth with the representative "Albert", he advised that the piece of equipment in question was the modem for the home phone service.

With Albert on the phone, I inspected the only modem in the house, which is connected to the computer and router advising Albert that the equipment in question was not in my father's home. I proceeded to check every other piece of WOW equipment (receivers) for the MAC# Albert provided, it was not in the home. When I commented that my father may need to switch providers to be treated with more respect, Albert advised..."It doesn't matter if you switch companies or not. We will still go to collections if we do not get our equipment returned."

When confronted about threatening customers with collections for equipment that is not in my father's possession, Albert advised that he was going to submit a request to see if that piece of equipment was in the warehouse. How does a multimillion dollar company threaten a customer/senior citizen with turning his account over to collections if the equipment in question is in the warehouse? Shouldn't the company know this before threatening a customer.

In an effort to resolve the matter, I requested to speak to a manager. Albert questioned why did I need to speak to a manager. I again explained that threatening to send my father's account to collections for a piece of equipment that is not in his possession is why I needed to speak to a manager. Albert placed me on hold, then came back and advised that he is waiting for approval to transfer my call to a manager. After another brief hold, Albert returned to advise that the manager was communicating with him through interoffice communication, but would not approve the call being transferred. Albert went on to advise that the manager indicated that until my father receives a monthly bill for the equipment, there was nothing that could be done. When questioned why was this threatening postcard sent to my father, no answer could be provided.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

To keep this review short, I started having issues 18 months ago when I upgraded from 100mb to 200mb. I have never had my speed increased. I have called 8 times. No one can fix anything. They verify I am paying for 200mb but that's it. What is more amazing is they claim I can not reduce my plan to 100mb now, so I get to pay for something I am not receiving. The best part is they claim I am in a contract to August 2021 but I have requested copy several times by email again to contract. So my advise is stay away from this company at all costs.

WOW! Internet Cable and Phone Company Information