DISH Network Reviews

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5
Based on 1,688 ratings submitted in the last year

DISH Network Reviews Learn More

DISH Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH Network?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: March 18, 2021

Dish has very unprofessional. For the period of 9 months, I have requested a copy of my contract but have not got it. I switch to a different provider for a better service, and then dish sent me an early termination fee of $286 a day after but fails to mail my contract. I spoke to Rudy employee ID ** who is a senior resolution specialist who treated me very rude and unprofessional. Rudy did not answer my questions when I ask him to, and he fails to read the notes on my account. He is very incorporated, and I don't think he deserves to work in customer services. Please stay away from Dish because they don't treat people, especially black folks with dignity or respect. They treat you with no compassion or humanity. I am not doing any more services with a Dish, and I will advise people to stay away.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Where to begin? I have been a DISH customer for 13 years. I feel that their technology was the best and their customer service is great. BUT. I was recently forced into a situation to upgrade from their former hardware (VIP722) to the new Hopper system. They said they no longer supported the old hardware when my TV went out due to lost SAT signal and that my only option was upgrade. (By the way that turned out to be a lie.) As a long time customer I did not expect have to sign onto a contract but they wanted a 2 year commitment, I said no. I was prepared to cancel so they waived the contract. If you are in a similar situation - don't move as fast as I did.

What they DON’T tell you is that you will be getting an inferior Hopper product if you do this. They will give you a Hopper w/ Sling 3 tuner system. They DON’T tell you there are several versions of the Hopper so you think you are getting what you see on TV ads - but you aren’t. I gave up a 2 DVR - 4 tuner system. The Hopper I got means constant recording and viewing conflicts for my users. Meanwhile, DISH has a Hopper with 16 tuners they simply to refuse to give you without a 2 year contract, The Hopper 3. This Hopper would have made me whole but they just weren't interested in giving it to me.

I have shown that I am a loyal customer, the type you would think they would like to keep but the brainiacs making these decisions obviously have no clue. I am moving as fast as possible to recreate my tv system with a Tivo OTA and streaming so I can cancel my Dish subscription ASAP. All the time and money they spent upgrading me to an inferior system will go right down the drain. Dish is in a market space that is losing customers at an astounding rate. You would think they would want to keep the loyals - but nope, they don't. I was treated like garbage by DISH during this upgrade (and it was not an upgrade by any stretch) and I won't forget it. I was on the phone with multiple customer service people for 2 hours during the install. Be warned. Do your homework before calling Dish about an issue with a 722 or an upgrade. I say, keep your 722s if you can. I wish I had.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I moved and I ordered dish during the COVID. I lost my job in November. I paid my 2 months bill and b/c I didn't re connect they are charging me 300.00 till May. When I ordered this the lady said I could cancel at any time I have no contract. I called and explained my situation and they didn't care. They have no remorse for people they just want money so when I get a job and get cable I will not use them.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I have had Dish for almost 20 years, their service has always been good until 2020 and then their price went sky high and their service went the opposite direction. I have called about Dish Anywhere that supposedly anyone gets when purchasing an account. Apparently that is NOT something a valued customer gets. The streaming networks are looking much better as I cannot access my 20 year account anywhere and they want to charge me more than the 150 per month to get access to it anywhere even though they advertise it is free with new accounts. Not recommending Dish as a preferred cable option.

Original review: March 5, 2021

We were moving into a new house and looking for a cable provider but no local services were available so we signed up with Dish. Big Mistake #1 -- I didn't read the fine print closely enough and they don't provide a full copy of their contract on the website so I electronically signed a two-year contract. When I complained they sent me (days later) a copy which was the first time I saw the "termination fee" -- $20 per month left on your contract -- $460 in my case. Big Mistake #2 -- I agreed to their "basic" 190-channel service. I tried to review the channel selection on their website but it was so confusing and hard to navigate I had no good idea of what they were offering. (I tried again later and after copying and pasting it into three different programs found they were showing 231 channels as "offered as part of their "190 channel package". List runs 20+ pages in MS Word!)

Big Mistake #3 -- I thought I saw a "30-day-free-trial" blurb on their website. I was told (after two 15 minute waits) when I called the first time to complain that if there was such a blurb it was by a "local supplier" and they were not bound by it. Once I started trying to watch DISH programming I discovered another problem with their "channel offerings" list -- the list included many channels I had no interest in -- music, foreign language, "shop at home", religious, political talk, sports, etc -- and also a large number of "Pay per view" and "subscription" channels that I question being described as "available". I would give a better accounting but their "on screen guide" makes it difficult to analyze their offerings in any structured manner.

When I complained about the disconnect fee to a customer service rep she was careful to remind me I had signed the contract and if I didn't pay the fee it would be turned over to a collection agency. Yeah, real friendly -- right on the verge of extortion. In short they only want your money, They don't see any problem with their website and their business model is to see how many ways they can milk customers. Yes, I strongly regret not checking into Dish more thoroughly. I've got lots of places that money should go. I'll do my best to let other folks know how Dish treated me.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Plans are TOO HIGH. Customer service is horrible. I asked customer service to waive a late fee for me and they advised that this couldn't be done but wouldn't give me an explanation. Also, their plans are extremely too high. I cannot wait until my contract is over with DISH.. I will be leaving them.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Overall terrible customer service! I recently moved and contacted Dish to install my new service, that part went OK. Once the technician arrived (2 hours earlier than their automated system indicated) he stated I could not get a strong enough signal to receive their service and left. This is where the problems began, I called to Dish to cancel my subscription and get a refund for what I had already paid. I spent over an hour on the phone trying to accomplish this. I was repeatedly put on hold and transferred to the wrong department three different times. I finally gave up after over an hour on hold or talking to the "wrong department" and still have not received my refund.

This is very frustrating and I do not understand how there was literally no wait at all to order service but when they can not provide the service why it would take this much trouble to get the service cancelled and get a refund. Very disappointing, I feel like this is an intentional tactic in order to keep from having to pay a refund.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Even if you are in a 2 year contract with Dish, they still can raise your monthly payment. STAY AWAY FROM Dish Satellite Tv!!!! They will lower your bill if you call, but you have to sign a new 2 yr contract, but this contract doesn’t protect you against price increases either!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

We sold our home so are moving. We hadn't decided what television provider to go with as our new home won't be available for a month. Pressure was applied to put our service with Dish on hold until we moved into our new home. I didn't want to do that, just wanted to close the account/service. More pressure applied and I said, "Please don't keep asking because I will just say no." Long story short, I was charged a disconnect fee of $30 (not an early disconnect, just a disconnect fee) and, because personally turning in the equipment is not available, I am also being charged an additional $30 for two mailing boxes ($15 each), even though I have the original boxes the equipment came in!!!! To say the least, I am very very mad and will never ever have DISH provide television service!!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I had Dish network in the 90's and they were great then. However, they have become the worst. They claim to have High speed internet, but when they come to install their tech tells you there is no internet. You have to purchase that service recommending CenturyLink. So it's a false claim. I had dish for a little over a year then when covid 19 pandemic hit, I became late with payment and dish shut me down and wanted their receiver back. Customer service called everyday. Telling me how concerned they are about my bill. Customer service is out-service to Indonesian collection service. Now I get better tv through the internet and all of it is free except for the internet provider I use.

DISH Network Company Information