DISH Network Reviews

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

DISH Network Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2014

I contacted Dish for services and explained I would pay for two year services in advance and give them my trust one more time if they promised not to cut my account short or try and extort more money like they did the last two months on my previous account. I even agreed to pay for the last two months which I never received prior just to not have them on my credit report. After much convincing and notes back and forth, I paid in full. Now 6 months before the end of my, they cut me off again and claim I paid in full for all but the last six months they claim to not have our original account notes. First time 2 months stolen and now six months. Don't trust this company. It's all about the money and they won't even let you talk with a supervisor. They just disconnect and leave you hanging with the words sorry for your inconvenience.

Original review: April 11, 2014

We have Dish since 2010 and after 4 years I feel that we were played on so many occasions. I completely agree with everyone on here. I am not going into details but only the latest issue that bothers me. It's about the box with subject above. I wanted to downgrade our programming or use one of their offers, but I can't at this time because they have it for new customers only. It doesn't matter that my contract expired in 2012. It doesn't matter that they call you Valued Customer. You are just not eligible for a good deal.

My husband called them and got an offer for TV $19.99 for 40 or 55 channels which don't have even 1 channel that I watched before. And this offer didn't come with 3 months of premium channels or receiver upgrade. Just the price is lower. To the people that feel Dish breached their contract - Sue them. Let them know they need to stop making fun of DirecTV! Did you see DirecTV making fun of them? I didn't. I think it's disgusting. I think I will call Dish and ask for a good deal. If they refuse first I'm going to spell out all the tricks and mistakes they did, finishing what I really think about this company. Oh, I also get my recorder ready, you know just for training purposes or because like one customer said they talk 20 Mph per minute and my listening abilities are a little on a slow side. Anyway, maybe I get lucky with DirecTV; not too many choices in Lancaster PA. Be free, any comment is welcome.

Original review: April 10, 2014

They charge me for Encore movies I never order and then credit me with little over $2.00 and told me I could have channels that I only want to watch. Well, last night all those channels were cancel. I hate on demand, and advertising. I told them I like 171 and news channel 200 and my locals, HGTV and 183. And then she said, "If you call back before 30 days, you be charge $5.00." I wonder why government doesn't take over and help people, not let companies get away with charging high bills for so little service.

Original review: April 8, 2014

I have had numerous issues with Dish Network since I signed up as a new customer last year. Issues are listed below:

FIRST: When I signed up for service, I was told that if I paid the monthly maintenance fee for the maintenance/service of the Dish Network equipment, I would not have to pay for any service calls related to the Dish Network service or equipment. However, last night when I was told that a tech would come out today to check on my recurring issues, I was told that I would be charged a discounted rate of $15.00. Of course, the gentleman agreed to waive this charge for THIS visit only. SECOND: I was charged nearly $14.00 for a PPV that I never ordered. I had to chat with a customer service specialist to have this removed from my bill.

THIRD: My Hopper started recording random TV shows that I never watch OR record. So many of these shows were recording at once, that I would receive a message on my receiver regarding recording issues. When I contacted Dish to resolve this matter, they knew that it was an issue with the Hopper, and though they were "working on it," you could not tell me when it would be resolved... and no call would be received when it was fixed. After a few more days of experiencing these issues, I sent another email message via the Dish Network app and was promised a credit of $5.00 per month for 3 months for these issues. When my statement came out, the credit was not there. I had to talk to a chat representative again, who assured me that it would be added. After receiving my bill, the credit was not there, and I had to reach out to Dish Network yet again.

FOURTH: For the last month, my Joey has been having constant issues, showing 1303 and 1304 errors, and the service would not work at all, giving me an error that it "could not connect to the MoCA network." Sometimes there was even pixelation, and I could not watch or hear shows, or use any of the buttons/features on the remote. After trying to resolve this matter via troubleshooting over the phone, Dish agreed to finally send a tech out to troubleshoot and possibly replace the Joey. Let me just say that, according to my online research, this is also a known issue with the Joey receivers. It is not isolated to just me and my household. This brings me to the fifth and BIGGEST, MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE, which happened today:

A technician came out to my house today. He did not introduce himself, nor give me his name or ID #. When he came to the door (as it was raining), I asked him if he had "booties" he could put over his shoes. He acted offended and reluctantly went back to his van to get these, but stepped inside the door to put them on. Upon entering the home, he already acted like he had an attitude and did not want to be here. When I showed him the Joey in my bedroom, he stated that the issue was that the Joey was not hardwired with a coax cable, and that was the reason it was not working properly. I explained to him that the technician who had installed the service installed it that way, with a network cable going to the modem/router (right beside it). He said that the technician either did not know what he was doing (but that he did), or the technician was just trying to "find an easy way to install the service." I explained to him that it had worked fine up until the last 30+ days.

He still continued to blame the other technician. He pulled the entertainment stand out from the wall at that point, and, in the process, disconnected my modem/router. When I asked him about it, he said, "I didn't do that." He then asked about moving my modem/router (which doesn't belong to Dish Network; it belongs to Time Warner Cable). When I told him that I would not allow that, b/c I work from home, and it is placed there for a reason, he became very frustrated... at which point he asked if we had a crawl space. When I told him that we didn't, he became more frustrated and very rude, explaining that "without having that coax line free, there was nothing he could do." I explained to him that there was a cable line running from the attic to another outlet on the other side of the room. He then wanted to run a line from that outlet... either across the floor to my bedroom closet or over the door. I immediately told him that he was not going to do this.

I have worked in telecommunications for years, and I know that this is not an appropriate way to run a line. I knew that (if in fact the initial tech did "install" the service improperly) that we would need a wallfish. He was not at all happy. I let him up in the attic; he stayed there for a bit and came back down twice to go outside and talk on the phone. He finally closed the attic, and proceeded to use the remote to check things on my Hopper in the living room. He then went back to the bedroom and started using the remote to look at various things on that TV. He finally said that he may have to replace the Joey. After walking outside a little longer and talking on the phone, he came back in (having still not done anything, besides receive a personal phone call). After he had been here an hour, without having resolved anything (and being completely rude), I asked him if he was going to replace the Joey. He stated that if he did, he would have to do something with the Hopper in the living room... and that "it may not even resolve the issue."

Basically he acted like it was too much work, and he really didn't want to bother. At this point I told him that he could just go ahead and give me my ticket and leave and that I would ask for a different technician to come out and check the problem. He stopped at my door and looked at me and said, "Are you really that mad because your TV isn't working???" Seriously??? Of course I am. I am paying for a service that isn't working properly!!! He went out to his van, and I walked outside and stood on the side of my house, so that I could hear him talking on the phone. He obviously didn't know that I was standing there, as I heard him plainly say these words to whoever he was speaking with, "I don't know. It's two lesbians, and I think they don't even want me in their house because they're mad that they can't find a man." Of course, at this point, I was completely irate, and I used a lot of profanity when I told him to get out of my driveway NOW. I told him to shut his door and get his van out of my driveway. Of course he never gave me a ticket/receipt for coming out.

During this whole time, both of my kids (girl and boy, ages 16 and 14 respectively). My spouse was also here. So not only did I experience this rude, crude, completely prejudice behavior... and complete discrimination, my family experienced it too. My daughter even heard his phone conversation from her bedroom on that side of the house.

Not only has the service and customer service been horrible, my family and I have now been completely discriminated against. I contacted Dish after he left and got transferred three times. Finally after telling what happened (for the third or fourth time), I got Michael from the Damage Department. Michael stated that he filed a report on the tech, and offered me one month of free service. ONE MONTH OF FREE SERVICE?!??! REALLY?!??! FOR ALL THE ISSUES I HAVE HAD... AND MOST OF ALL FOR THE COMPLETE DISCRIMINATION AND DISRESPECT MY FAMILY AND I RECEIVED TODAY...1 MONTH OF FREE SERVICE!! THAT IS A SLAP IN THE FACE! I told Michael to go ahead and apply the one month of free service, but that I wanted a call back from someone about this immediately. He stated that someone would contact me within 3-5 business days. NOT ACCEPTABLE! I have been discriminated against... My family has had to experience this behavior, my service is still not working properly... and you offer me one month of free service.

This company is the worst company I have ever done business with... the absolute worst. Rude... Obnoxious...They discriminate...could care less about their customers...and provide equipment and service that doesn't work properly...but then want to charge you to fix it. IF YOU ARE SMART, YOU WILL STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE IDIOTS.

Original review: April 7, 2014

I'm embarrassed to say I have had Dish for 10 years and it's been awful--the stations are a joke, the bills go up and up and the service is spotty. Finally today I cancelled it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: April 7, 2014

We moved from Wisconsin to Washington last summer. I contacted Dish with our intentions. I didn't hear from them so I emailed again, telling them I was leaving the equipment behind so the new owner of our house could use it. A month after we moved, Dish contacted me to return the receiver. I called the new owner of our old house and requested the receiver. She told me the technician for Dish who installed their new equipment took the old one with him. I informed Dish and received a standard computer generated email stating they would be happy to assist in the returning of old equipment. This went on for several more emails, each time with the same return email.

Then I started getting requests for $313 to pay for my ten year old receiver that Dish Network personnel had in their possession. Each time I told them they had the equipment, I got the usual "we will be happy to assist in returning the equipment" email. Then a hit was made on my otherwise perfect credit score. I contacted Dish by phone, was told an investigation was started and I would be contacted. I never was. I called the home office in Denver, and I got the same questions asked and the same stupid replies I got in the emails. Finally, I paid, just to get my credit score ding removed. Guess what. The ding is still there. If anyone wants to start a lawsuit against these people, please count me in!

Original review: April 6, 2014

After all of the ads you see about how much money they can save you and how much better their service is, I decided to give DISH a try, after having been with DirecTV for 12 years. I connected their high speed internet service and TV service. First of all, I was told that I would receive 20 Gig of data per month. But after having problems with the internet and calling them, I was then told that I can only use 10 of the 20 Gig from 2 AM - 8 AM. After complaining that that was completely unsatisfactory, the supervisor allowed me to disconnect the internet with no disconnect fee. Surprising, but nothing less of what they should have done.

Now my problem is with the TV service. I upgraded my package in order to get the Regional Sports Channels so I could get Sports South and be able to watch the Braves. However, now I find out that some of the games are blacked out. At first they tried to blame it on the MLB, saying that it was their decision and DISH had no control over it. When I told them that my brother, who lives in the same county, has DirecTV and it's not blacked out on that provider and it had never been blacked out in 12 years with DirecTV, they finally owned up to the fact that THEY refused to pay the Surcharge in order to get the game for their customers.

I tried to disconnect with NO early termination fees because I still pay the same price every month whether I actually get what I'm paying for or not. But they will not allow me to disconnect without a $420 fee. They always hide behind their contract that the customer service rep reads about 20 MPH over the telephone. My question is, how many more complaints against DISH does the FCC, or whoever has the power to discipline them and get satisfaction for the customer, have to have in order to step in and do something about these unfair practices? There are almost 3000 just on this site. In the end, DISH isn't really any less expensive than DirecTV, as they advertise, AND THEY SURE AREN'T AS GOOD OF A PROVIDER AS DIRECTV. I'VE HAD MORE COMPLAINTS WITH DISH IN 3 MONTHS THAN I HAD WITH DIRECTV IN 12 YEARS. SOMEBODY HELP, PLEASE!!!!

Original review: April 6, 2014

The original installation of my cable from the dish to the house was literally 1" under the soil/grass. When my landscaper went to edge the planting bed for mulch installation (2" deep) he sliced the cable. After having to deal with a customer service supervisor, and wasting 45 minutes of my time on the phone with customer service, I was finally able to get them to waive the installation fees for a new cable (I just had to pay the $7 protection plan for 4 months). When the tech arrived (at the ONLY time I told them I would not be available), he proceeded to tell me how it was correct to install the wire 1" under the grass and that was what he planned to do with the new installation.

I told that was not acceptable and that I couldn't even have the lawn aerated that way. He told me to get someone else to do the installation and gathered up his tools and left! Really? This is customer service? I don't think so!!! I can tell you that the cable company has their wire installed at least 6" underground. Maybe Dish needs a few less customers. I think they need at least 1 less - Me.

Also their On-Demand menu is terrible. If you don't know exactly what show/movie you are looking for, you will never find it! Plus if you are an NFL fan, good luck trying to find your team to watch on TV. I have to go out to a bar half the time to see the game I want to! I am still without service and waiting for a new installer to come out. I have 8 months left on my contract and I cannot wait to cancel my service!

Original review: April 6, 2014

We were told by DISH we could record, using a Dish Recorder, TV programs we get on our satellite system. The technician shows up, after we've spent almost $500 on the system, and tells us he could set up a new system using a tripod so we could record, but not w/ the tailgater. He told us, since we own the tailgater, we could just throw it away and buy what he has in his van. WHAT A RIP OFF THIS DISH BUSINESS REALLY IS. Then they have the audacity to Call me a valued customer. This company really sucks.

Original review: April 5, 2014

We got DISH TV up at our second home in No. AZ. We are there 7 to 8 months of the year. In July AND August 2013, we called DISH to see how we could "trim" our bill down in those months. We were NEVER offered an option to "suspend" our service while we are not at that house. They cannot disconnect for one month on, one month off, it must be for a period of time, say 3-6 months - bill WOULD have been $5 under suspension. We called in December of 2013 to let them know we have not been to that house since September 2013 and asked once again what can they do to trim the bill. Still no offer of the "suspension." At the end of January, 2014, we called again - very upset because a neighbor told us that they had a suspension on their service. DISH responds, "Oh, did you mean a long-term suspension of service?" DAH! We could have saved $$ from September, October, November, December, January and into March had we known AND still had been happy customers.

On January 28, 2014, we called DISH once again and said "we are done." The supervisor I spoke with suggested that we suspend the service after the next month's payment had been received and we could suspense until September 2014, complete our next month's obligation through October 2014 and then cancel after that time. A little hidden secret that DISH did not disclose. We suppose that we should have gotten out our contract and read the "fine print" to find this detail. Today, we called and spoke to a representative that put me on hold for 25 minutes, while he reviewed the notes connected with account. He never got back with me. I called back in once again more than upset. When I spoke with the first representative he told me he saw no notes connected with our account stating that we could suspend our account past the March payment from April-September 2014.

Today, we bought out our contract with DISH to the tune of $122.50 for the remaining seven months and that was the same amount I was quoted from last time I spoke to DISH in early March. Each representative seems to have "ATTITUDE" when we call in, they have "ill-informed" representatives, some do not speak clear English and are offended when asked to repeat themselves and just repeat it the same way that we didn't understand, OR DISH just wants to SCAM its customers. No continuity, one representative says this and the other says that. NO MAS DISH! Then we were informed today upon the cancellation process that WE MUST PAY FOR THE SHIPPING OF THEIR LNV, RECEIVER AND TWO REMOTES to the tune of $17.00. They will provide us a free shipping box. How about offering a "local drop off" location? Again, we should have read the "fine print" of our contract to find hidden fees.

The final representative "Angie" told me that if we wanted to have our service back because we changed our mind, there would be re-connect fee. I told her "when donkeys fly." She responded back to me that "donkeys fly in heaven" and said she will be there to see that. I don't need to hear comments like that implying that because I've been rude or abrupt with her that I'm not going to heaven. DISH does not spend much on the training of their representatives and had NO quality control, Carte Blanche. We've been happy campers with DIRECTV since 1999. The reason we didn't chose Direct at the other house -- $$. We'd been better off with DirecTV. DIRECTV is on the way to install new service, as I type. Corporate America is outsourcing more and more call centers and this alone is reason to do business with US based companies. Corporate America is out to get in our pockets any way they can. What happened to mottos like this company is built on integrity! Thank you for your help.

Original review: April 4, 2014

Let me first say that I have never and I mean NEVER had the most terrible customer service in MY LIFE! First of all when we moved from Florida to Georgia, we were supposed to have the "free" move service. When we got here, I was told by customer service it would cost $200 to start service back up and then the "agent" stated what would be a good price?!! I had to barter with him about a price when its supposed to be free?!! I ended up paying $50.

When the technician came to re-install the outside dish, he stated that we were not approved for local channels and that would cost an additional $200 because we were considered "pay as you go" customers and because of our credit rating, we were only counted as monthly subscribers with no contract anymore. Downgraded and not even TOLD to us!! Now, when I have to move again due to work, the new landlord wants NO satellite service. When I called to cancel service, the agent who spoke VERY LITTLE English stated I would owe $184 plus due to the fact I was cancelling out on a contract, which I was told earlier that I did not have one!

First I'm told of the free moving service and then told it would cost to restart, which is a bait and switch tactic and then told I would owe AGAIN after I cannot have the service at my new home. Oh, she stated I could have one of my family or friends use it until the contract ends?? WHAT IS THAT ABOUT??!! I do know one thing....I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau about deceptive business practices and bait and switch schemes that your company is doing. I will also be contacting my local State Attorney's office to see what legal stipulations I may have. I have had nothing but pain and aggravation since having this service and I thank God that I no longer will!!

Original review: April 4, 2014

I signed up because I was told I would be able to watch one channel and record on another. That is all I wanted after my TiVo no longer functioned like that with TWC. Well this is not possible, so they breached the contract and I want out.

Original review: April 3, 2014

I have Dish installed at my Apt 4 ago. Am moving and cannot take it with me. I was informed by the next 5 Dish representatives my account would be charged $420 for terminating my internet earlier which turns out to be the 2 yr contract, and not get the benefit of using it. Besides my internet service is horrible and Dish puts a limit usage, they are rude and don't care about the consumer.

Original review: April 3, 2014

Dish Network charged me $210 for canceling my service early even though my daughter has the service now in her name at this address. She moved in to help me with the bills and wanted the service in her name so it could be drafted; they would not.

Original review: April 2, 2014

I wanted to switch to Dish Network from our cable company because I had them before and was extremely satisfied. This time was a nightmare and they currently say I owe over $700.00 even though I never did get service. The satellite was set up incorrectly, I never did get the internet I ordered, and it was absolutely impossible to get through to anyone in their "customer service" department. These people are liars, thieves, and should be incarcerated!! I can't tell you how many hours I spent on hold JUST trying to get what I was paying for. I disconnected them less than a month later; I sent back their equipment which they say they never received even though I have a receipt from UPS, AND I owe THEM money. This is nothing but a scam. Don't order their service!

Original review: April 2, 2014

I called Dish to set up a new account after my divorce as the previous account was his. I was told that I could not open an account because his account was still listed at my address. So I contacted my ex-husband who called Dish to give them his new address and transfer his services. Apparently he owes them a past due balance so they refused to update his account with his new address. I call Dish again letting them know he has attempted to change his address but was denied due to his past due balance therefore they are unable to provide me with an account until my ex-husband pays his bill????

My name has never been on my ex-husbands account. I offered to show them the divorce papers showing that he does not live at my address nor do I have any responsibility for his account. After 4 hours of being passed around, I was transferred to a representative at the president’s office, who was rude and told me I already know my options.

Original review: March 30, 2014

I had an account with Dish for 2 years and decided to get internet as well. When I called to see to the options, the lady was so rude telling me to call back when I figure out what I want and she didn't have time to sit on the phone. So that's when I looked for another provider. I ended up with Charter who I love and they did a buy out. After 3 attempts to have Dish mail my bill included early termination fees. A month later, I did get a bill but for only $37 so I call to confirm that was it. 3 months after I received a bill for $215! I called and they told me the last guy missed the ETF and I have no choice but to pay. No apologies, just he screwed up you have to pay. I highly recommend for people not to get Dish unless they want to be treated like ** for something they pay way too much money for.

Original review: March 29, 2014

Dish is a terrible company. After reading the reviews, I discovered overwhelmingly amount of reviews negative. My experience with leaving this company was also negative, as they expect me to return the receivers at my expense. Furthermore, they expect me to take down the dish off my roof or I will be charged a fee for not returning the LB from the dish. Future dish consumers you have been warned by me and many other review writers.

Original review: March 29, 2014

I have Dish installed at my house two weeks ago. However 4 days ago the equipment stopped working. We called and they told my husband we had to wait 4 days to have a tech take a look at it. After no tv for 4 days the tech went to my house and could not fix it. So he left and never called back. When we called to see what was going on they told us we had to wait another 3 days so someone else can go to my house and fix it. 2 weeks with the service and 7 days without tv... and we are still waiting for someone to take a look to see what is wrong so no tv for a little while. Plus everytime we call they give us the worst customer service. Very unhappy.

Original review: March 29, 2014

Our internet service is horrible and Dish puts a limit usage. I called Dish and asked to have my service upgraded to meet what other providers offer or to have my internet service cancelled. I also have Dish TV. I was informed by the next 5 Dish representatives my account would be charged $405.50 for terminating my internet earlier. I advised all 5 representatives my initial request for service was placed over the phone and I was never informed of any termination fee. I explained my TV service is great; however, my internet is horrible. Dish stated by cancelling my internet portion, I would be charged $405.50 and it was my responsibility to send back all of their equipment. I asked to have a copy of the Dish agreement mailed to my address since I was not present when Dish performed the installation. Basically I was informed I was still responsible and would be charged the full amount.

The entire phone conversation took place for almost an hour as I was passed around between the different departments. I honestly have never received such poor customer service. The last Dish representative stated it was my responsibility to prove I did not sign the contract and agree to a 2-year contract with termination fees. I reminded all 5 representatives my intention was to only upgrade and/or change my internet portion of my service. However, after such poor treatment, I have to really think twice about my keeping my television service. I asked the last representative if she handles large amounts of concerns similar to mine. She stated yes! I then proceeded to ask if there are so many complaints, would the frequency of complaints indicate a problem with the process? I am very unsatisfied!

Original review: March 28, 2014

We went with DISH Network because they offering $150.00 back to start with a coupon. Never got that off the bill. They stated that they couldn't do anything with the freelance selling people. When they came to hook up the service, the service tech couldn't get the Joey to work. He tried two different ones, then another service tech came out with another Joey and got it to work. We have one hopper and one Joey the whole time of service. Started out at the intro price for a year, it went $49.99. to over $100.00. Then they want you to sign up friend so they can be ripped off.

So I call because my husband got transfer. No satellite where you live now on the roof - they want me to get a note like am in kindergarten. I tried to get someone to take over the account but no one would go to them because of their bad business practice, so I called and talk to a guy. Told me they wouldn't charge me the disconnect fee. Then I get letters and then call after going to take for 499.00 dollars on my account for the equipment that I just get the box for didn't get back to them yet. Then after getting, they charged $120.00 cancellation. I think we all should go to the Better Business Bureau. There should be some way to stop these people from ripping people off. My neighbor told me that they took $750.00 out of his partner's account. His name wasn't on the account at all. I will never do business with them again

Original review: March 28, 2014

I paid $425.00 for 3 weeks of internet service.

My Father decided to come back to live in Colorado from South Dakota and needed Satellite services. We called Dish network. It took them an hour and a half and 6 transfers later to get the account in my dad's name and information instead of my daughter's because she lived in the house before my dad. Since we were getting the Satellite I also signed up for Internet access.

Two months later my dad has to move back to South Dakota for health reasons and I put the house up for sale. We call to cancel services only to find out that he has a two year commitment and will need to pay the cancellation on both services, transfer the account to another friend or family or to someone that buys the house. The last option was to put services on hold up to 9 months, paying a $5 charge each month. The 9 month hold does not count as part of your 2 year contract. The time for the contract does not continue until you start services again.

Anyway, my brother took the satellite portion instead of paying the $425.00 to cancel on that and I took the Internet portion instead of paying another $425.00. They would not take my father's information off of the account or change the information, so even though they said we could transfer the contract the original signee is still held responsible. I had services reconnected at my new home. When I could not get an internet connection I called (3 times) only to be put on hold for literally an hour at a time before ever getting through to anyone. They sent a service technician out to check the lines and it still wasn't working. I called to find out that the account had been suspended because of outstanding bills that I or my father never received even though we gave them our new addresses 3 times. Not only that, but they took the new hook up date as the original date of the contract. I was able to use the internet for exactly 3 weeks.

This is the 1st time I have ever had such bad service that I actually wrote a review. I paid the $425.00 to just get out of ever dealing with them EVER again.

Original review: March 27, 2014

My husband and I have been extremely dissatisfied with Dish for our entire contract. First of all, the installation guy was too lazy to go under our house to hook it up and ended up drilling a hole through our brick to run the cord through. We have since learned, after having Internet installed in that same area of our home that it is possible to wire it under the house. Again, he was lazy and went the easy route. Not to mention he made it sound like that was the only way to do it. Secondly we have been lied to time and time again regarding our bills. Our bill has gone up $20 and we have less channels! I have called numerous times and the ridiculously unhelpful and rude customer service reps always say, "You'll see a credit on your next bill", but nothing changes. I'm tired of being lied to and charged more and more for terrible service. I have never been as unhappy with a cable/satellite provider as I am with Dish. We can't wait for our contract to be up and we will NEVER recommend Dish to anyone!

Original review: March 27, 2014

When me and my wife were out shopping for Black Friday, there was a Dish representative offering out the iPad deal when signing up for Dish. We did not have the time then to talk with him, but when we got home later we called Dish Network to ask about this offer. After about 15 minutes of talking my wife decided to purchase the service for the iPad offer. After asking if there was any other deals that go with it, and that she was getting the iOad offer and when it would arrive, she hung up the phone very happy. A few days later the service was installed and we were on our way to waiting for the iPad to come in the mail, which was supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks.

After about 7 weeks I decided to call them up and ask them when it was arriving. They tell me that we do not have the iPad offer and that it will never arrive. I was confused immediately and asked them to look into it further because they must have the wrong account. The lady responded with rudeness and proceeded to explain the equipment I have currently is not with the iPad deal so there was no way I could have an iPad and that it was my fault for ordering the wrong service. I explained to her that my wife called and asked about the iPad offer only, told them she wanted the iPad offer only, was told she was getting the iPad offer, and even asked when it was arriving and got a estimated arriving time. They still did not believe me so I asked them to check the phone recordings they take of their calls. She told me they do not record their calls. I naturally just hung up at this time to prevent myself from saying things I should not.

A few days later, I call back in hopes to get this situation fixed properly. I was immediately told they do in fact record their calls and after some digging our conversation was found. The first 5 minutes showed that my wife was calling for the iPad offer, so they know now that it was their mistake. However, they tell me they cannot fix it. You only have 2 weeks or so to change your service, and since we waited 7 weeks before calling (because we were told to), they could not fix our service. To their credit they tried to offer us a discount; however, we ordered it strictly for the iPad offer and could get cheaper cable elsewhere.

I explain this to them and tell them that we do not want any other offer, we want what we were promised and offered the first time, the iPad deal. They still say they cannot do anything for me with that, so I asked them to cancel my service, my service that I did not order to begin with. They send my call up to their "president's" officer and I am informed that if I cancel my service, I will pay ETFs. I was irate! I told them I did not order this service to begin with, it is their mistake and they should fix it. They even had voice recorded proof it was their mistake! She replies that I signed a contract and in that contract it would say what service you got, so in the end, it's my fault yet again. However, I did not remember signing any contract and I tell her this only for her to reply that I had to have and that she will get a copy of it.

One week later she calls back to inform me that there was, in fact, no contract signed and that I can cancel without worrying about ETFs. But she still cannot fix my iPad offer. So to sum up the whole thing. We called and were promised something, and got something else in return. Have voice recorded proof we were straight up lied to. The customer service was so bad that they did not even remember to bring a contract for us to sign! The only compensation for their horrible service and straight up lies was a, "Sorry! Better luck next time" attitude. And every single telephone customer service people were rude, inconsiderate, and defensive. I am appalled there are businesses like this out there today. You would think they would learn from mistakes in the past. Sure they are going to rack up money, but also a bad name. Someday in the future this crap will bite them in the butt.

Original review: March 27, 2014

September 2012, I bought a new home. Dish of course moved everything from my apartment for free...super. Of course you get 3 free months of Premium Channels. I called to ensure that at the end of the 3 months, this service would be terminated...as it is a huge waste of money. Beginning of 2013, I took on a new job in Europe, all accounts taken care of with automatic bill pay. New business, requires an accountant. My accountant advised me that I have a Dish bill of $117.00USD since the date the 3 month 'Free' service was scheduled to be cancelled. It was never cancelled. Being that I now live in Europe most of the year, I had a nice hour long chat over their chat service. They had overcharged me $705.00USD over 15 months of service. They refused to credit this back to my account.

When asked if they record phone conversations, as I had called in, they advised this was purely for "Conversations are recorded for quality checks and training." So apparently NOT when you have a billing dispute and you would like to prove that you called in. The entire time they gave me a sales pitch for a discounted service, but refused to give me back the money they had stolen from me. Plus they charge you for the termination ($80.00 for me) - (after offering $116.00 in credits). So even after the credit, less the $80.00 cancellation, I still owe $40 something bucks plus $17.00 in shipping charges. Do the math...does this add up? DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!! The first customer service rep (located in the Philippines) was amazing. And so were all the service guys that hooked everything up. The company itself, can go to hell.

Original review: March 27, 2014

I disconnected my service with Dish in January 2012. Their customer service rep asked if I was going to come back to Dish after returning from a trip and I said probably. For some unknown reason, this rep put my account on hold and on the date they thought I had returned, they began service. Only thing was... there was no service. I did not call the company and reconnect the service, there was no dish installed, etc. They turned my account over to collection and it now shows up on my credit report. This is extortion of the worst kind and I hope anyone who reads this refuses to do business with DISH.

Original review: March 26, 2014

It will take you months to completely divorce yourself from Dish Network after you cancel your service. They will nickel and dime you for every penny they can get from you!

Original review: March 25, 2014

I received a bill from Dish. I do not have an account. My ex-wife does. I tried to resolve this with Dish and the collections service they hired, Reliable Performance Management LLC, which called me day and night but wouldn't tell me what it was about. After explaining to Dish I had no account, they responded by sending me a copy of a signed plan agreement. I never signed the agreement. I never ordered the service, and I do not have the service installed in my home. Dish continues to harass me and ignores this is not my account and insists that it is my obligation.

Original review: March 25, 2014

It wasn't until after DISH had installed their equipment, I signed the contract and started watching DISH that I found that they do not offer 3D programming despite what their website states. This was even confirmed by their own customer service representatives during online chats with them which I printed out. Nevertheless, I am stuck with my contract unless I want to pay a $480.00 penalty to cancel it.

Original review: March 25, 2014

I cancelled Dish's Auto-pay in November of 2013. They have just illegally taken $840.00 out of my checking account using Auto-pay for a bill in legal dispute! They told me they do this all of the time! Can you believe they told me, "If you come back to Dish we will drop all of the charges and give you your money back!"

DISH Network Company Information