Cox Cable

Cox Cable

3.8/5 (1353 ratings)

About Cox Cable

Cox is a digital cable, telecommunications and home automation service provider. Cox offers packages and deals that you can customize based on your needs. Bundle prices start at $89.99 a month.

Pros

• Multiple plan options
  • Compatible with streaming apps
  • Bundle cable, internet and home phone

Cons

• Rates often increase after intro period

Bottom Line

Cox offers several cable-only and internet-cable bundle packages suitable for most customers. Costs can get high on bigger bundle packages, but Cox has many attractive introductory offers.

Top Cox Cable Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Verified

Our research of various providers found that COX has the best cost, reliability, service, programs and voice-activated program selection. Their follow up service is exceptional an...

Verified

Have had very few TV issues over the 30 years of service. Customer service has been great helping me resolve all issues with most of them being resolved with a reboot. The only is...

Cox cable packages

Cox offers several options for cable TV, including cable-only options and plans that bundle cable with internet, home phone and smart home automation. If you’re looking for television service, you can choose between traditional cable TV and Cox Contour, which includes additional integration for streaming apps.

Cox Contour

Cox Contour offers a more robust channel lineup and additional features not included in Cox’s basic TV plans.

With Cox Contour, you can use apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube to stream additional content. You still need to have an account with these services to access the content — the subscriptions are not included in the price of Contour. Contour simply allows you to access the apps from your cable TV connection and standard remote instead of switching to an external app like a Fire Stick or Roku.

Cox Contour subscriptions also include popular channels like ESPN, Discovery, History, A&E, TNT and HGTV.

Cox cable plans

For cable-only plans, customers can choose between the TV starter package or the Cox Contour TV package. All packages include local channels, free HD programming and access to the Contour and TV Everywhere apps.

Cox TV StarterCox Contour TV
Starting cost$25/month$69.99/month
Channels75140+
On-screen apps including Netflix
Voice remote with universal search
Cox TV Starter$25/month75
Cox Contour TV$69.99/month140+

Cox pricing

Prices for Cox Cable start as low as $25 a month but can exceed $200 a month depending on the package you select. Cox offers two basic plans:

• TV Starter is Cox’s basic cable package. It includes around 75 channels and costs $25 a month.
  • Contour TV is Cox’s highly customizable cable package. You can customize it with premium channels, channel packs geared to your specific tastes and DVR recording for up to 24 shows at once. Contour TV starts at $69.99 a month.

Cox cable bundles

If you’re looking to bundle service, you may be able to save some money. Bundle packages start as low as $75 per month and have introductory rates ranging from $75 to $180 per month. Plans can include cable, internet, home phone and home automation.

Cox cable and internet bundles

Bundle CostInternetPhoneHome Automation
Cox Bronze, 140+ channels$109.99Up to 150 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Silver, 170+ channels$129.99Up to 500 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Platinum, 250+ channels$179.99Up to 940 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Bundle Cost$55.98$75.98$135.98$64.99$89.99$159.99$109.99$129.99$179.99
CableContour StreamContour StreamContour StreamCox TV Starter, 75+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ ChannelsCox Platinum, 250+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ channelsCox Silver, 170+ channelsCox Platinum, 250+ channels
InternetInternet Essential 50Internet Preferred 150Internet GigablastUp to 10 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 940 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 500 MbpsUp to 940 Mbps
PhoneUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distance
Home Automation

Cox Cable FAQ

Is Cox Cable available in my area?
Cox cable is available in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Virginia.
Does Cox charge late fees?
Yes. If you make a late payment, you are subject to a fee of up to $25.
What premium channels does Cox offer?
Cox’s highest-tier plan offers more than 250 channels. A full list can be found on the company’s website, but popular channels include ESPN, A&E, Discovery, History and HGTV. Cox also has premium movie channels included in some packages, such as HBO, Showtime and Starz.
What are Cox TV bundles?
A bundle is when two or more services are combined into one package for a customer. Cox lets you bundle cable with internet, home phone and/or home automation. Bundling services together often comes at a reduced rate.
Are there ever Cox TV deals?
Cox regularly offers special introductory rates. These special rates usually last for the first 12 months of your service and typically require a contract commitment. Prices can, and usually do, go up after the lock-in rate term expires.

Is Cox Cable good?

Cox is one of the nation’s leading providers of cable and internet. It’s widely available in many states and can be a solid choice for your TV needs. We recommend looking at all the packages available to decide what level of package you truly need or want before signing a contract. Snagging an introductory deal is a great way to get affordable service for a 12-month period, but be aware that this price will change. Don’t be afraid to call and renegotiate your bill after the introductory period has ended.

Cox Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Original review: July 13, 2021

We use Cox for internet as we have a bunch of local and free channels plus we have one inexpensive service with about 65 channels. Cox has changed rates a couple times but overall they are ok. I do recommend purchasing your own router/modem that is compatible with their system otherwise you rent their equipment which is already paid for. They may try to discourage you, did me, as that is just profit for them.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I found that 'Cox Cable,' has the best service for my internet. It is super fast and reasonably priced. I have a Mac Desktop and I ran into trouble with my 'Safari Browser.' I kept getting the error response: 'cannot open webpage,' very frustrating indeed! After speaking with private tech support companies, I found it was going to be costly for them to look at it. My Hubby suggested that I call Cox just to make sure we have a good cable connection. The Customer Service was excellent and Miguel helped me reboot my System from his end. He also suggested, for a small fee of $10 a month, I could have Tech Support from Cox, 24/7, what a super offer! Who knew?? I had to try it. Joshua was super!!! He worked hard to resolve the issue and he was successful. I'm very grateful to Cox and Joshua!

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Generally, the services provided are well priced and efficient. The most problematic issue has been download/upload speeds that do not match what you are actually paying for though the small print does indicate that it depends on the area. The most positive aspect is actual service as I have had their technician came out was very good at working with me to maximize speeds during covid. He talked me thru the process and provided new parts (modem/booster) through the sliding glass doors. Greatly appreciated his efforts and positive attitude.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Would not give a five due to difficulty getting through, I know all of this is going to be blamed on the virus, all the cable company does is send you the bill. They have no loyalty program to speak of and they never or almost never send you any information informing you that the promotion that you have signed up for is about to expire, you find this out when you get the next bill and your amount due doubles or triples.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Living here in Las Vegas, COX is the only one better to have and their WIFI Internet is very reliable. Although the prices they have are expensive and so every 6 months or so I call their Loyalty Dept. If they have any good deals. I always suggest that prices for Retired Seniors including Veterans should be affordable.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Worst communication company, after 25 years. We are treated like ** with these new management that has single handedly destroyed the company. It's outdated, terrible customer service and bad management. I have a collection for 132 dollars which I don't owe them at all after switching to ATT fiber which is cheaper and faster. Screw these guys!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

They are lying and playing with me. The sales representatives are dumb and totally untrained. They cannot see the need for me to order a technician to come by for the installation of my modem. I was advised that this is the case by talking to three customer support "specialists". I scheduled an appointment. However, despite that, they are "trying" to accommodate my free time with the availability of the techs, at some point they rescheduled twice my appointment. The first time they even did not bother to send me an email. It was an act of revenge, since I was so pissed that Cox does not have any integrity-doing what they claimed will do. After 4 reschedulings of tech visitation, now I am sitting at my home, actually enjoying a day off, so I can meet the tech, but nobody's here. The tech was supposed to be here between 8-10 on the 18th of August and now it is 10:41. Why? Why? Why?... Maybe because COX HAS NO COMPETITORS!!! That's why!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

After 27+ years of subscribing to their service, Cox Cable slammed me with a $122 charge for the equipment they lost. I rent a modem from them. When the modem malfunctioned, I brought it to their store and exchanged it for another. Eight months later I see a fee of $122 for missing equipment. I call and explain the problem. They say they see what happened and put in a ticket to fix it. Weeks later I see my bill for over $300. I call and they tell me I have to pay the $122 equipment charge and if they find the equipment then they will refund my account.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Very difficult to deal with. Just wanted to switch service over From my dead father over to my mother. They informed me I had to uninstall the working equipment and bring it to them and then they would give me the new equipment for me to install myself. They charge a lot of money for service when they want you to do the work.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I got a late charged fee because I got an unsuccessful payment on the due date which I changed the payment method on the same day of the due date and I still got charged $50 fee crazy and they don’t care. If It was in next day I understand but it wasn’t. Please stay away from these thieves…

Cox Cable Company Information