4.0/5 (265 ratings)

About Cable ONE

Cable ONE Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

I could write a book about my last month with this mega corporation! Promised a $225 refund for our initial deposit after 6 months of paying on time. MAJOR runaround. Different customer service folks, different answers, total BS each and every time I call. It's amazing that on the bill due date, the money is jerked out of our bank account, but God forbid you try to get YOUR refund back. Cable One, are you really hurting for my $225? Retired and living on a pension, we could sure use $225. I lived up to my half of the bargain by paying on time. Now it's your turn to live up to your half. We will fight for our money, believe me. As consumers, we must stand up for our rights and stop the greed. I am sick of their crap.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I called to get my business cable services moved 1 mile. 16 days later I still have no service. I have called almost daily only to be told someone will call me. I have finally requested a supervisor "they were all in a meeting" (sure they were). Left messages -a no call back of course. One csr told me nothing had been started on my account yet to move my service. Really? 16 days! My account is auto pay so I am paying for something I don't have. I finally requested the cancellation dept. They claim I can break contract in 3 days if I still have no service. I just bet it's a lie. How is this company still in business? I am a store owner and would never treat a customer this way!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

I am a gamer. I have been for a while. I play a game called Counter Strike Global offensive (or CSGO for short) on a fairly regular basis. If you ever hear about professional shooter gaming it's either CSGO or Call of Duty and only Call of Duty for its extreme popularity. Cable One has been a absolutely wonderful service for me as far as gaming goes. I only use it for Internet and for that it has been great until recently. Cable One recently came out with their "Ultra 100 Internet" or something along those lines and ever since then my internet speeds somewhat suspiciously slowed down to the point where my game is completely unplayable. I am 100% certain that Cable One has purposely throttled its 50 MBPS connections as well as those slower to encourage an upgrade to their Ultra 100 **.

These corporate ** should be sued for every penny they own for false advertising. I feel like walking into Cable One's corporate headquarters and punching the ** out of every executive in there. By the way I'm also pretty good at CSGO. For any CSGO players out there I'm usually around Legendary Eagle Master ever since they ** my internet. I've dropped down to Gold Nova 3. Luckily Midcontinent is coming to my area in a few months but until then I just have to deal with Cable One's sorry regurgitated mess that they call internet. So to summarize DON'T TOUCH CABLE ONE WITH A 50 FOOT POLE MADE OF UNOBTAINIUM WITH A BIOHAZARD SUIT ON WHILE IN A TANK!!!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2015

We have been Cable One customers for 16 years!! I purchased a new TIVO that must be paired up with Cable. So I purchased a cablecard to go inside my TIVO box. Well, going on week two that Cable One can't activate the cablecard. I've talked to 10+ people, been on hold for hours and hours. They all say the same thing, "Your account shows pending, transition etc." They all say they are sending out a ticket for repair etc. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! Week two, so I actually went to the cable company in Boise. Told them my problem. The guy works on my account for awhile, gets me a new cablecard, says "the pending is closed now."

Go home, install the TIVO and cablecard AGAIN.... only to have the same problem. Called AGAIN, was told the same things AGAIN, said "we won't forget you," "I'll be sure to get this fixed," BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!! Now I have a new TIVO box that can't be used but hopefully can be sent back to Amazon. Back to the cable box until I get an antenna and start streaming like most smart people do nowadays. I can't begin to describe how unhappy I am. Hmmm I wonder why they are losing so many customers?

Original review: July 23, 2015

Cable ONE is losing tv subscriber so they are screwing the internet user. They say "You will get a notification about your usage." I got one that my cable is shut off. I was on the phone 5 hrs. They told me I had to upgrade from $83 a month to $130! They are out of their minds. I had that account for 20 yrs. Never had any problems. We had local support that was top of the line. Now we have nothing. When you call it goes to... who knows where? The cap is the most BS. Profit is one thing but ** is another. $6 to $9 a gig is the charge when in the real world it is 2 or 3 cent per gig.... Criminals!

Original review: July 21, 2015

Lousy selection of channels, high rates. They were too cheap to pay what Viacom wanted even though the rest of their association did. So we now have Eternal World Network BYU and few other religion stations. Last year, they jumped up rates by 2 a month for sports programming surcharge. Then another and another. Then this Feb they had a 20 percent increase. They never replaced the channels they took away. I was told by a secretary we were lucky to new channel. The rest were put on a separate extra charge tier that rose to 16 a month, the regular went from 45 to seventy.

They've lost 300000 subscribers over their cheapness. Then Cable One was spun off from some big corporation then they took one of the few remaining channels and put it on the extra cost tier and had the techs primed when customers called in. They were trying to convince us to order the tier which would make my cable 85 a month from the 45 it started out 2 years ago.

This executive told me that if they get some issue they don't want to mess with they just tell the FCC. They've done the best they can (he goes home to Cox cable in Phoenix which is great and he dares to say were in the same boat). I read they lost 23000 customers last quarter of last year. When I called to complain about WGN put on the optional tier they gave me 6 months of it free. It’s not that great. They put 16 sports channels on it and maybe 10 non sports channel. My parents pay 77 for 200 channels on Dish.

Original review: July 16, 2015

Cable One hijacked our internet last week and held it hostage until we agreed to pay the small business rate of $130+ per month because we used too much data. Did you know there is a cap on your internet through Cable one? Us either! We have only one option for internet service at our address... We called to negotiate a more reasonable solution since I already pay them a bundle of money monthly, and they refused to work with us until we could show 3 months of below the data cap usage. It's called a forced upgrade.

So here is what we did to solve OUR problem. DirecTV. I am going to save $600 in the next year over what I would have paid Cable One for television AND another $720 in more charges they wanted me to pay for internet and TV. Cable One just lost $1200 a year of our business. Thanks Cable One for saving me $600 this year. DirecTV - same television service, no installation, half the cost of cable. Check it out for yourself! PS I had to wait 17 minutes on hold just to talk to a Cable One rep. I just pray that we can take our internet service elsewhere someday soon as well.

Original review: July 14, 2015

Cable ONE installed internet and now I can't get a signal on one of dish tvs.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Worst internet cable company in my life. At first I was paying $60 a month, a few months later they raised it to $108 a month, a few months later they shut my internet down and they wanted $270 a month. They said that I was using too much internet. That's a bunch of **.

Original review: July 1, 2015

Cable One should be investigated! I have spent three days dealing with the ** customer service in my 51 years on this planet! I have lost my voice, had to repeat myself 7 different times to 7 different people, 7 different responses saying "WE have it fixed"! I have spent 4 hours of my life in three days on a phone to Cable One trying to get these idiots to fix my account. Charging me for services that are not there. This company has put every customer on the brink of just getting rid of them. Cable One wants a hundred dollars no matter what! From every household they are in. They throttle the hell out of us! What is really going on with corporations like this that are able to rob people outright. Make them go crazy in the process.

Original review: June 17, 2015

Worst company/customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. Was on the phone with a rep for 45 min and was hung up on after I asked to speak with a supervisor. Would rather have no cable/WiFi than deal with this company. Willing to spend $30 more a month (than what I was paying cable one) to go through another provider.

Original review: June 16, 2015

Active duty service member that relocated to the area and needed basic service. Cable One came out, did a decent job installing the service then departed. Over the next few months, my bill changed monthly. Finally, I decided to get satellite TV and keep the Cable One internet. What an amazing difference in TV quality, selection of programs, and overall experience for a third less than what I was paying. Now the Internet hardly works, the company doesn't answer the phone for customer support, and now I have a bill for a service that hasn't worked in weeks, if not months. My hotspot on my cell phone is faster and more reliable than the so called hi-speed 50mb internet I've been paying for. Horrible unprofessional company. Put it this way... I had to wait in line behind 10-15 people at the local office with people who were also switching providers and turning in their equipment in trash bags.

Original review: June 12, 2015

I am paying for 75 Mbs and could not even connect to the net! The service has been fine, no complaints. Then they started an upgrade and I lost most of my connection. So far I have not received any discount or adjustment. Do not use their auto pay system because you cannot stop them from draining your account for whatever they want. It is impossible to call them locally. Everything is automated so no live person = no help. I have not missed a payment in 6 years of service. I have received one small discount during all those years. Service = no stars.

Original review: June 10, 2015

CableOne's high-speed Internet service, at $50/month, has been as reliable as most for the passed year. The past couple of days, though, it's been down time after time, sometime for hours. Such things will happen to a provider once a year or so; it's to be expected. BUT their response to it has been abominable! You phone their support line, to ask, simply enough, if there's a general outage (rather than a problem on your end) and you get a chatty recorded voice who insists on "walking you through" a debugging process, beginning with checking that your modem's power is on, that your cables are plugged in, and so on.

What an outrage that they don't post a message "Sorry, but we're down all over your area, and we're working on it. Hope to be back soon." But instead, they waste your time, stalling (or preventing) any effort to speak to a human, or get an update on restoration of service. This is what we get when we give protected monopolies to ANY firm.

Original review: June 9, 2015

We have lived in several different cities and have had a variety of Internet providers - some good, some not so much. But none have come close to demonstrating Cable ONE's ineptitude. It took almost three weeks to get an account set up because we "fell off the grid," though they had no trouble cashing my check a day after it was written. Then, the first installer put the wireless modem in a metal box in the garage and the signal was almost non-existent. Two more installation trips and we finally had wireless. But the system is chronically unreliable, losing Internet connectivity on a regular basis. We can't stream movies because of the reliability issues. I will say the tech phone reps are knowledgeable and very service-oriented but each time the problem seems resolved, it surfaces again. I want to get out of my contract and go with anyone but Cable ONE.

Original review: June 8, 2015

If you have more than two devices connected to the internet, the connection drops CONSTANTLY. We tried two modems that were supplied by the company with no fix. Then when we bought our own, they said it would take 24 hours to register it in their system! We were never credited for down time -- even the 24hrs they wanted to get off their ** and register the modem... Zero customer service adds insult to injury. The staff seems too busy with their own problems to actually do their job. It's almost like the whole company is two guys and their girlfriend. This is why it's important to be involved in local meetings where these contracts are handed out.

Original review: June 3, 2015

I called the provider to ask for credit to my account for every day that they have had an outage in my area. It has not only been very time consuming to call on a daily basis but very frustrating to deal with the support staff of the cable company to speak to them regarding getting credit towards my account. They told me that I needed to keep track of the daily outages when in fact they have that information on hand. I was told today that I needed to call back when it was up and running to talk to someone to get credit. Cable one is the worse company and the sad fact is that in our area we have no other options for a provider.

Original review: June 3, 2015

We got internet service through cable one in December 2014. The line has laid across our yard for 6 months with no attempt to come bury it. I get home today and someone had buried the line, but instead of burying the line that was existing, this idiot ran a new line and left bare wire exposed out of the ground. And now my internet and satellite doesn't work. I have called 5 people including 1 supervisor and nobody knows what or why this happened. This is the Sherman, tx office. Do not deal will Cable One, they have no clue what their workers are doing. Will be finding another provider.

Original review: May 28, 2015

Back in 2012 I ran into a few financial woes due to medical bills therefore I had to cut my cable and internet to keep up. After I returned the equipment (A modem and cable box), I asked them if I still had anything left I owed them. The person taking my equipment told me that I didn't so I assumed my debt with them was wiped cleaned. Now, almost four years later as I'm in the process of trying to purchase a home, I noticed a collections debt on my credit report stating that I owe Cable One $220.00 so I figured I'd call Cable One directly first as to maybe it would be easier to get it removed off of my credit report through them than dealing with a collection agency but to my surprise they told me that I actually owe them over $400.00 because it was never documented that I returned the equipment.

That prompted me to deal with the collection agency instead. I went and and paid them due to the painstaking task it would have been disputing that debt (as well as the amount of time I likely would have spent waiting on an unknown outcome) and I do not have a receipt from that long ago. I had the collection agency promise to have this bad mark completely removed from my credit report as well as send me a receipt (Which they did). It's pretty bad when a collection agency is easier to work with than the original entity you owe a debt to.

I will never again in my life ever be a Cable One customer.....Between their subpar service along with crappy internet and lack of good channels due to all their disputes with multiple TV networks and the horrible customer service, I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. I rather go without anything and go to my local library as a means of personal internet use before I ever use this crack pot service ever again.

Original review: May 26, 2015

According to Cable one we have a HDTV/DVR and we are charged $10 per month. WE DO NOT HAVE A HDTV/DVR and every month we try to address the issue. Cable one calls as a VP long time service person, just imagine the other overcharges that are unchecked. We also "noticed" last year that we were being charged the "sports surcharge" $2.94 and we do not view any sports either! We are being nickeled and dimed to death by cable. The bill just went up this month to $126.72 and this is internet and DCX700-M piece of equipment that is not worth having and out the door it will go. Something is wrong with the way we in the US are being robbed by Cable.

Original review: May 22, 2015

The worst customer service I've ever dealt with in my entire life. Also they charge you for no service or they charge you whenever they want to for service that you haven't even had or can get from them. The slowest and the weakest minded people I've ever dealt with. If you are reading this save yourself - do not deal with Cable ONE. They will send you to your grave.

Original review: May 20, 2015

The last several months, the internet disconnects or drops to such a low level - typically between 8 and 9 pm that we cannot even read email. The service is frequently so bad that the site www.speedtest.net will not load. The service is restored for a minute or two to an acceptable level and then drops again. It appears that they may be 'multiplexing' the service, cutting speeds to essentially nothing and then restoring it so that the customers cannot document the abysmal performance. I wrote a complaint to their customer service, and my wife has called to complain. They claim they know they have a bandwidth issue at 'peak times' and are 'working on solutions'. They are selling a product which they do not have. That seems to be a definition of fraud.

Updated on 09/25/2015: We have been a Cable One customer for almost 5 years for both our home and business. At home we had the 'bundled' Cable TV, internet, and digital phone. We didn't use the cable TV much, as we typically stream a Netflix show instead. The frequent outages on the digital phone made it essentially useless for incoming or outgoing emergency use; how can you rely on a phone which may or may not be working when you need it? The internet service was terrible; frequently dropping off to useless or just off line between 7 and 9 PM.

Our frequent calls over the last 2 years were always handled with a "We are oversold on capacity in your area but are working on an upgrade over the next few months." However, while admitting the service was oversold they still continued to aggressively market for new customers in our area. What do you think would happen if I sold services with fraudulent claims and goods which I did not really have available?

I finally got this SOLVED. Here's what we did. We had a digital broadcast TV antenna installed. We get about 30 channels in an area which is not known as a 'good reception area'. A local company Mile High Networks installed an internet service using a roof mounted antenna. They claim the service is only 6 up and 6 down compared to Cable One's 2 up and 50 down, but the service actually works better and only once has been down for a network problem, which was fixed in hours. The only time I notice the internet is slower than Cable One's 'blazing fast service' is when I have a large download. They have other speeds available, but this works for us. The bandwidth is somehow dedicated to each customer so our speed is not affected by what other customers are doing.

For our phone we got a Republic Wireless WiFi and cellphone with voice only service for $10 / month. We bought a Blue Tooth to actual phone line adapter from Amazon so we could plug in our home phones to the adapter. When we want to make a call or someone calls us, we use our regular house phones but the call is made or received over the Republic Wireless cellphone. So, for a total of about $60/ month we now have reliable and functional phone, TV, and internet. Don't assume the 'cable is only available from one service provider' is really the truth until you check it out for yourself. The cable companies want you to believe they are the only option, and the 'blazing fast speeds' are just marketing baloney. When I complained to Cable One about the terrible speeds one CSR told me "The speed is UP TO 50 mbps. Even 1 or 2 mbps meets that service description."

Original review: May 2, 2015

I have to pay a sports tax of 2.94. I do not watch any sports ever. I was told when I signed up that they have On demand. They do not have this service at all. I was flat out lied to. They said I could access Starz, play a service Starz offers their customers at no extra charge. Another flat out lie. Another problem with them I pay my bill over the phone, I could not get thru. I went to Cable One office you can not pay your bill at cable one you have to go to an Authorized payment center to pay the bill. And of course you are charged to pay the bill. Cable One should not charge you to pay at their Authorized Payment center. That is wrong. Also they are very rude.

Original review: April 30, 2015

Generally poor connections - slowness for multiple devices, drops/stalls in service periodically. Various t/s steps showed issues to be on cable one side.

Original review: April 24, 2015

We can only buy 5 mbps internet. They keep sending ads saying super speeds avail., but nothing here in Page AZ. Then when I try to use the internet I can't get speeds even close to 5 mbps. I'm lucky to be able to get half that. Everyday my connection to the internet drops out several times (speed goes to 0). I usually just have to wait till evening or early morning to get a decent connection. I have called tech support and got everything blamed on my cable router or computer by them. When I complained via email they said I did have some issues with my speeds going to 0. Tech support never helped. Unfortunately we don't have other options in our town for reliable internet other than dial up. This really sucks...

Original review: April 20, 2015

Since using Cable One they have said I use several hundred GBs and then bumping me up to the business plan. I've called to discuss this issue telling them I only have one PC and I do not download movies nor music. Even in December they said I used over 400 GBs and that's being out of state for 2 weeks. Ultimately, these people are thoroughly uninterested in being any help. No big deal though, they said I only have to pay $487.48 and I can have Internet. What a joke this place is.

Original review: April 15, 2015

I watch these Cable One commercials claiming "blazing speeds" and have to laugh. I have had dial up faster than this garbage. I can't even check my email half the time without the connection timing out. I call and complain and they say a tech would come out and fix it but half the time they don't show up, and when they do they just wiggle a couple wires and say they don't know what the problem is. Guess it's too much to expect for them to do their jobs and find the problem. The hub outside has been hit by lightning and never repaired. I've told them 3 times but they don't care, they have the attitude of "shut up and give us your money". Now they have doubled my bill claiming I'm using 300 gigs a month, despite the counter on my modem showing that I have used less than a tenth of that. This company IS NOT what they claim, nor are their services. THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A GROUP OF LYING EXTORTIONISTS!!!

Original review: April 11, 2015

I received an increase of almost $4.00 around beginning of winter for a Sports Surcharge and we don't even watch any type of sports on any channel. I called to inquire and was told everybody has to pay it. Then February bill was increased by $11.00 with no prior notice. Now my CBS station is gone - no explanation - and that's the channel we watch the most.

Looking into purchasing an antenna for my local channels and purchasing HULU for other TV stations at slightly over $6.00 per month. It beats my current bill for cable of $72.00 per month which most of the 60 plus stations we don't watch called Standard Cable. Anyone notice on this month's statement "As of midnight, May 3, 2015, Pay-Per-View channels will no longer be available through Cable One." etc., etc., etc. This is probably not going to affect our family but I know a lot of folks who will be very upset.

Original review: March 31, 2015

I would just like to say that in the 2 months that I have had CableOne, the internet has been AWFUL!! It continually drops connections (wireless or wired) and my VOIP is spotty at best, I can hardly have a conversation. I called service personnel (after I could FINALLY find a number to call, try posting it clearly on your website!!) all they wanted to do it point at the router/modem, point at the console or PC, point at this point at that, when the fact of the matter is your Service is NOT ADEQUATE! It should be illegal for you to advertise "UP TO 50Mbs" when you squeeze everyone down to NOTHING.

I definitely have an issue, but all the rep would say is "we can send out a tech. but if they find nothing, we'll need to charge you." PLEASE, this should be part of the service; all I need is some disinterested tech. having to get out of his bunny slippers to come to my house after hours and NOT try to get to resolution. Then I get charged, with no faster internet, NO THANKS!! They did run a speed test - 8.4Mb down - .21 Mb up - AWESOME!!!

Original review: March 25, 2015

I called to report that the remote was no longer working and wanted a replacement device. When I told them they said my only option was to take time off of work and go to their offices to collect it. When I said I was not able to do that and asked if there were any alternatives, they said we could mail it and then hung up on me. I have no clue if they are going to mail it to me or what happens next. I have no want to call back. This is yet another experience with their lack of Customer Service.

Cable ONE Company Information