4.0/5 (196 ratings)

About Cable ONE

Cable ONE Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I took a day off work to sit in my house all afternoon waiting for Cable ONE installation. After they are an hour late, I call them to see what is going on. I am told that they tried to call my wife's cell phone and she didn't answer, so they canceled the appointment and never came to my door. I said that I don't understand why they would decide to cancel an appointment without even coming to the door! What if she did not have service or was working at the time and couldn't answer? Then I start getting "it's just policy" over and over again.

If I schedule an appointment, of course I am going to be there. I scheduled it! After speaking to two different people whom had zero concern for what has happened, they kindly offered to let me take a second day off of work to wait for them again! I did tell them that that doesn't work and shortly after was hung up on. Yes I was frustrated. No, I never once yelled or use any inappropriate language. I know they don't care about one individual customer but maybe someone who notices this will know who can work to improve this situation. What other company in the world would still be in business with the attitude of "You need me more than I need you!" And now, based on this post, I see Cable ONE also has data limits??? Who does that?!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I had Cable ONE for about 3 months and decided to turn off my phone and TV service. They increased my bill for no reason, customer service spoke in circles. If you're looking to turn this service ON, DON'T!!!. Stay Away from all services!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

I have been signed up for internet and phone for two weeks. The internet has been down well over 30 hours and they simply blame it on converting to a digital system. Today my phone is down and I have a message to sign up to voice mail. It will not let me place a call. Their 24/7 service number simply goes dead when asking for support. I have spent over 1.5 hours trying to contact anyone.

This firm is so bad, a single star rating is overkill. Go to dtv or any other service if available. This firm simply does not care about customer support. If someone in your family need to have access to a phone for 911 or to call the fire department they are dangerous to the public and could contribute to someone passing away. The state attorney general needs to look into this firm's lack of service which endangers Arizona residents. Veterans avoid this firm at all cost.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

Well I got Cable ONE when I moved into my new house. Was great till they up the speed from 50 to 100. We couldn't play our internet game at the same time like before. I called them and asked, "Why?" They said, "Come and get new modem." So I did. That didn't help. Then they up my speed to the 150 still suck. I called again. They sent a tech out with new modem and again nothing. Everyday I called and they said it not on their end but was funny 'cause we didn't have problem till the change the speed. So I call CenturyLink. They was there in 3 days hooking me up great plan 40+ and I get 20 m upload. With Cable ONE you only get 3, 5 and 10 but pay thru the neck. Since I went to CenturyLink I can run 4 PCs, play games, listen and watch Netflicks and not one problem. I only pay 40.00 a month. Be careful with Cable ONE. I only got a 25.00 credit and it takes a month to get that.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

The first problems I had with this company was finding router that was compatible; I ended up renting one from Cable One because NONE of the ones sold in my area would work. After going over my data limit (never received a notice I was even close to the limit) I phoned Cable One to upgrade. The customer service rep was rude and condescending. I only wanted a price list so I could choose an upgrade, but she was lost in her world of berating customers. I will never support a company that treats customers as poorly as this one does.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

Since August 2015 I have had numerous landline phone (my only phone) outages. I have spent many days and hours on calls to Cable One. If I have no landline, only to interface with them thru 'chat' on the computer. This has been time consuming. They gave me no - zero credits. For days my phone was non-usable. This continued in September but then it started with internet and television outages as well. Again, numerous 'recommended time' phone calls were made. By this time I had been told so very many times that Cable One was 'sorry' but there was an upgrade occurring. The bottom line to all this is I have only now in November 2015 been given a 26.00 credit. I propose a CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST CABLE ONE.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

Cable ONE, US again irresponsible to consumers. Recent digital TV was added and Cable ONE is unable to connect to the equipment which Cable ONE provided with digital TV! How surprising! Called Cable ONE support and activation of digital TV box after connecting as instructed to no avail! Cable ONE support person told me it would be THREE WEEKS before a "technician" would be available to visit the residence and determine the problem.

Asked about the television channels not being available after the November 17th deadline, only to be told by support person, "Don't worry, analog will be available for some time afterwards." WRONG!!! 25 television channels ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE TODAY, NOVEMBER 17th! Called CABLE ONE Billing to request I receive credit for no television access after THEIR equipment FAILED. Again, Cable ONE person told me, "CABLE ONE WILL NOT CREDIT ANY ACCOUNT FOR NOT RECEIVING TELEVISION CHANNELS!" Cable ONE is unregulated and is NOT a member of the Better Business Bureau! No way to challenge the cable companies! Monopoly of screwing everyone!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

We have been with Cable One for over ten years. When we got our internet we got the largest package and now are going to have to pay more due to them saying we are exceeding our use. Our contract did not have a cap. We looking to directv and so many others are due to cable expense vs channels. Now the menu skips from 41 to 70 you can't even tell what is on tv. I hate to leave because of the time invested with them as a partner for years but the rate increases on internet are not fair. I think they would be trying to keep customers instead of losing them to competition. If the computers can have bigger packages for less what is the excuse.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

Serving 730,000 customers in 19 states, Cable ONE has grown to be the 10th largest cable television provider in the United States. The company was founded in 1986. Yeah because they force people to upgrade for going over their so called data. They also have a monopoly on cable internet service in Idaho. There needs to be a law against forced upgrades.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

Forced me to upgrade my internet because of going over their 300 gig limit. My internet doubled in price - almost paying a 100$ a month for a connection that I don't want with no downgrade options because I keep going over my old 300 gig limit even though my new limit is 400 gigs. Customer service was not helpful at all - they pretty much told me I have no options but to pay $100 a month. For a broke college student this is beyond frustrating. Watched my internet bill steadily climb all year. I am done with Cable ONE - cant wait for Midco to finally provide service to my area. Will cancel cable one ASAP.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

Cable one is by far the worst internet service I have ever seen. They told us that they would provide faster service than centurylink, since we had them we have been repeatedly kicked off our internet and when we try to sign back in it tells us the password is no good. Even connected through ethernet we would still get kicked off. I called and complained every day for a week they told me that everything is fine and it must be my fault when they finally sent someone he said everything was fine and it must be my fault. Then they told us that their router isn't the best and we should get a different one because the neighbors WiFi is causing interference. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Do not pay these people anything for any service. I only gave them one star because it made me. I am canceling their internet and going back to centurylink. It has only been a month and that was way too much.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Internet service options in the Prescott, AZ area are limited and I have been with Cable One for 10 years. During this time, the Internet service has ranged from below average to very poor. It's not unusual to have problems on a weekly basis and I've experience drop outs as often as 5-10 times per day. I am sure their customer service group struggles to come up with excuses to defend Cable One's substandard performance. And I've heard far too many excuses; but they are a monopoly and they know it. And with every call to customer service, I hear about an upgrade.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Well, it's like this! Brand new to Cable One and we are a hostage. The government will not help by allowing other cable companies to compete, where we work third shift and Cable One does all their maintenance at night. We pay our bill and not get services. When you call, they tell you like it or leave it, so we dropped TV and went with Dish (Great Service). We have no choice for Internet and our business is through the internet. Oh did I mention that I am crippled and cannot hear, disabled for serving 911, but don't expect to be treated any differently, Cable One is a non-prejudicial abuser. The ladies in our local office is great. Anti-Customer Service IS THE VERY WORST. Tech Support is a bunch of young kids only reading a script.

If everyone who has Cable One would take the time and start contacting (writing and calling) Federal Communications Commission, Public Utilities Commission and their local congressmen and just keep sending letters, calling every chance you get (I am and I have a lot of time to make some noise). Cable One will lose their monopoly on the areas that does not have a decent cable company. Cable One promises 100 mbps but you only get (and I am doing an average, across 5 different testing sites, including Cable One's) is only at a best (doing each test 3 times) 47 mbps. This is breach of contract and false advertising. Then they tell you "Best Effort, Take It or Leave It".

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

Very frustrating and disappointing service. We have to monitor our internet usage each month to avoid exceeding their limits. We use Netflix and Vudu and were notified that our bill was going from $50 to $135 a month and we have no recourse or latitude in our options. I am actively looking to switch to an alternative provider, but options are limited for us in Meridian. I will leave the nano-second a reasonably fast option becomes available. I have absolutely nothing good to say about this company and their policies.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

The hotel staff of Suburban Inn & Suites (D'Iberville, MS) called CableOne several times over 10 hours reporting several hotel rooms had failing cable TV ("no service" on regular, paid for channels). Several customers also called because CableOne was not responding to the requests for service. They sent the most ignorant, insulting, lazy, apathetic "service" person we've ever encountered. He not only ignored the reports that ALL hotel rooms had failing cable TV, but he ignored several statements from staff and clients. As a COL and physician in the military, I travel a lot. I know excellent customer service traits - and I've witnessed abysmal. This is the worst I've ever experienced. Personally, I've never seen any "service" person be so intentionally rude and insulting to a highly decorated, disabled, military physician and officer... let alone to everyone else.

The "service" person blamed the problem on the hotel's TVs (which anyone with an IQ>70 knows was not the case, since EVERY tv cable failure in EVERY room occurred at the SAME time). Every client at the hotel, including my soldiers needing rest & relaxation of TV after a long day of actual work and service, had to suffer without - even though they paid for this service.

The phone and site "service" staff of CableOne is horrid. None showed concern for this problem, and none actually investigated the cause. Now everyone needs to do tons more work just getting these lazy selfish apathetic twits to do their job, then endure a worse process of trying to be compensated for services not provided. Several staff and clients have called since this massive failure, to get a "service" person to come fix the issue. They said a "service" person would be there soon (that was 7 hours ago, since then the hotel office has now closed... i.e, more promised "service" but again more failure).

Can't stand this inept apathy - I'll never stay in another hotel again that has this service. Neither will my 2,000 soldiers. Neither will my colleague's soldiers, my physician colleagues, etc. They ticked off the wrong highly connected, highly influential military officer and academic physician. If you live in the area CableOne covers, do not use their "services" because you will not get what you pay for. When our media alerts others to their hellish "service" and the boycott is in full force, they also will not have any business any longer. Do not use them.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

Received a notice that my bandwidth was above their requirements. Changed my settings for Netflix as this appeared to be the major culprit. I have Glasswire on my computer and it shows a daily usage of less than 1GB of date. However, without using any Netflix for the past 3 days, Cable One still shows usage in the 4.0 GB range. One day only had the computer on for 8 hours and no streaming. Everyone should monitor closely.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

I'm going to keep this short. I'm too upset to go into great detail. I came back to Cable ONE after leaving them 11 years ago for poor service. I have repetitive outages, TV always pixelates, I'm on the phone with them weekly. No bill credit! Gone!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

Everywhere I've been just gave us internet and we never had a problem from then on. Ever since the first month of having Cable One we have gotten warnings about over usage... I've NEVER heard of this. They say we used double the amount and our bill will automatically more than double if it continues. Does this sound fair or right? It sounds really fishy to me and EVERYONE I've asked about it. I will actually move from this area to avoid paying Cable One more than they deserve.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

I wish I could give 0 stars. My internet and cable were both out for three days and everyday that I contacted them, they either said they were working on it, or it was a problem on my end and nothing they could do. Finally, when we pushed them to come out to fix the problem, they said they'd be at the house after 1 pm. At 2:30, the technician didn't call as he was supposed to, and didn't even knock on the door when he got to the house. He simply left the note saying he showed up, while we were sitting in the house waiting.

An hour and a half later, we noticed the note and called and they gave some lame excuse about how they called and left a message (they later admitted they didn't). 5 hours later, I've been sitting waiting for a technician to show up to fix a problem they refused to fix for three days. Save your money and your time, DO NOT use Cable ONE. They have no respect for you as a customer. They're the cheapest service for a reason, and I've been paying to not have internet and cable for three days. Biggest waste of money and incredibly offended by the service.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

Today, I likely had the most horrific experience with a company in my lifetime. I have been a Cable One customer for over 10 years and have not had any issues with them until last month when I received a notification that I had exceeded my data allotment. The notification stated that I had to upgrade my service to another plan that would provide a larger data quota. I immediately called Cable One and upgraded to a plan which was basically double the cost of the prior plan ($130/mo).

Yesterday, Cable one cancelled my internet service without any notification. I won't go into all the details but I was forced (coerced) to upgrade to a plan that now costs $255/month or face losing internet access, e-mail addresses, etc. Please, be wary of Cable one and their "no fee" data overages. Their customer service is absolutely horrible and they are always right.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Cable One blocked access the internet UNTIL I read/agreed to their new terms/policies. The problem? I woke up terribly, horribly sick and needed to get a doctor's # but didn't feel it was a 911 situation. Cable One blocked every search demanding I read/agree to their policies. I tried to read it but was so horribly sick, it was impossible to concentrate. I went back to bed. 5 hours later, tried again. Finally I simply clicked "agree" so I could use the net. I called Cable One to complain. They essentially said, "Sorry, that is our policy." I said, "Sorry, but that is extremely WRONG! You are not considering extenuating circumstances -- what if you had an emergency with your child, pet, etc. and NEEDED immediate internet access?" Cable One's response? Standard script.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

We went over on our data cap 3 times so we were not only forced into a higher tier, but they want us to jump 2 tiers higher. So instead of $50, we'll be paying over $100. For pretty much the same service. Ridiculous. Just avoid them if you can.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

If you can avoid Cable One, do so! This is by far the worst cable/internet I've ever had. My internet hardly works & when it does, it's not high speed like they promote. Not to mention, they are increasing the cost of internet this October. Plus the channels they offer aren't even worth paying for when Hulu & Netflix are $8 a month. Stay clear of Cable One.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2015

Not a lot of choice in Boise, ID for ISPs - both C'Link and Cable ONE have mostly bad reviews - probably due to lack of competition, and the corporate mentality of "more cash, less service". Bad customer service, downtime, bills that make no sense - sound familiar? With the service I've had, I am writing to FCC, BBB. ARE YOU?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2015

We use Cable ONE, well because in Texarkana Tx that's all you have to choose from, and we cant do Dish. We signed up for basic cable and internet, "bundle plan" and was told total with taxes was 130.00 a month. It's been over 200.00 for one reason or another every month. They now say we use too much GB on our internet plan and sent a letter saying "if you don't upgrade to a larger plan we will upgrade it for you!!!" WTF. We specifically asked before we agreed to anything if there was any kind of overage fee or limit to how much internet we used and we were repeatedly told NO. Even the cable installer who came told us the same thing. My last bill was 311.00 dollars for basic cable and internet. This company is scam. If you can choose a different provider!!! The cable goes out all the time and the internet really isn't that fast. If you can do Comcast I would advise to do so. I would if I could.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

AVOID Cable ONE at all cost. I have been with Cable ONE for 20 years this October. Two months ago I did not receive a bill. I went into the office only to find out that they do not take payments so I waited to get the next bill. I received the second bill on a Friday and I immediately called your company to talk to a representative because I had a late fee. She removed the late fee. At that time I also told her I would mail in the payment because I did not want to pay $10.00 to make a payment over the phone. I mailed the payment the next workday (Monday) and on Tuesday they disconnected my service. I had 1 work day to make the payment yet the bill did not say it was a cut off notice.

I called to make sure they would not charge me for the service I did not receive and their rep of course lied and said I would not be charged. I received my bill today with not only full charge but a $12 reconnection fee. Considering this is all their fault for not sending a bill and I have been with this company for 20 years, I find this disgusting treatment of a loyal customer and I will start looking for a company that values their customers.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2015

Internet went away again all morning. Called customer service and they of course agreed there was a problem. Said they were working on it.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

Wish I could give negative stars. My already insane internet rate just went way up, and my internet isn't even working. I cancelled the cable service long ago because they lost all of the channels my family watches, so we use the internet for our TV. Not smiling Cable One, not smiling.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

I have been Cable One customer for over two years with perfect payment history using the easy pay option where they automatically pull money from your checking account with a debit card. I recently had a debit card change and when I got my bill it reflected current and past due amount. I went online to pay the bill. Silly me for thinking this would have updated my card information on file! Clearly it was not updated for easy pay nor did I receive a courtesy call to update my card information. So... another month went past due but this time they disconnected my service. In order to turn service back on they treated me as if I was a brand new customer and would not reconnect my service unless I paid a $150 deposit, $90 connection fee on top of first month and last month's bill.

So to sum up, I would have had to pay $950 to reconnect my services. They were unwilling to waive any of these fees even after reviewing my perfect 2 year payment history. Because of this, I cancelled cable service and am only continuing to use their internet service as I have no other options. Save yourself the frustrations from Cable One and use satellite providers and/or subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime or even Apple TV. Cable TV is a rip off and with Netflix/Hulu customers taking customers away from cable companies daily, one would think customer retention is a priority for a declining industry like cable tv. If I am able to find another internet provider, I will be switching as I do not think Cable One is the type of company that I want to do business with.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

We moved into our amazing home a bit over a year ago. We called Cable One because they are the only cable provider in town. Since we have had Cable One they have been telling us that they have been upgrading their systems, to "bear with them." A year later nothing has updated - speed still slow, can't be on the pc doing homework and have a video game played in the another room etc. Today I finally snapped and started to shop for another service provider and guess what... there isn't one. That's right in this city that's it. We all are angry we all have to deal. If I ran for mayor on Rio Rancho based solely on a no Cable One monopoly platform I would win.

Cable ONE Company Information