FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

1 YouCaring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I set up a fundraiser account with YouCaring for my brother in Puerto Rico which currently the entire island is going thru a humanitarian crisis. My fund has been ok up until I need to have the money for my brother deposited. I submitted request on Tuesday night with the company they use & recommended which is WePay and YouCaring initially sent me an email to let me know it had been forwarded to the acct that it will take 2-4 days. But he didn't receive anything after Friday morning so I reached out to WePay several times initially and didn't get a response. Unfortunately YouCaring & WePay do not have telephone numbers that you can call to see what is going on. But someone by the name of Joey responded from YouCaring via email and I informed him of the situation and that no one had responded to me from WePay and that I was feeling like something wasn't right in the middle of this process.

I finally received a standard email from WePay stating that the payment was returned and had someone else's name on it so naturally I let Joey know from YouCaring about it so he went back and forth because he had supposedly reached out to WePay and that they needed to verify the account because I had initially signed up with Facebook. And I didn't go to my email account to verify it so I did that and changed my method of logging in with YouCaring because I have a newer email so in this process they asked me for a copy of my ID to verify this whole situation and change so I sent that to them via email. I went back and forth with Joey about this and told him this is suspicious and I think that this may be a scam of my funding page and that I didn't trust this WePay and that I wanted to stop all funding to go to them.

Then Joey sent me an email about everything being worked out on Saturday so a day later I'm told that no more money is going to WePay and then I get another email stating that the funds will be sent over. I informed them that I will go to the tv, media and social sites etc if they didn't send that money based off that email. Now on Monday 5 pm I receive a email from WePay stating that the funds have been returned due to verification issues so I reached out to Joey again and told him what happened and he proceeds to tell me I need to send him a copy of my brother's Id which by the way I have only been able to communicate 3 times in this entire ordeal because of no service, no electricity, no running water. Hello a humanitarian crisis.

So I tell Joey that because I never had this problem with GoFundMe nor PayPal etc because once you add an account information that's it. It should just go thru but now it's Tuesday and I have yet to hear from anyone not even Joey so I am gonna tell as many people as I can to not use this organization. I believe it's a scam.

YouCaring expert review by Rose Spinelli

YouCaring, headquartered in Redding, California, launched in 2011. It focuses on free fundraising for compassionate causes, and its projects have raised more than 280 million dollars.

• Free: YouCaring is free for campaigners and backers. Donors can choose to include an additional amount when they support a campaign. The extra money goes to fund YouCaring’s operations.

• Flexibility: There is no time limit for campaigns. YouCaring offers an offline donations feature. Those not disposed to contributing online can give by cash or check and still be included on the campaign’s list of supporters.

• Social media: Campaign owners can set up their accounts using their Facebook login data, which helps their search rankings and gives them more credibility. YouCaring tools also include an updates feature to keep contributors engaged and informed of campaign progress.

• Causes: Whether users want to fundraise to battle cancer or to build homes, they can do so on YouCaring. Community, medical, tuition and adoption are some main focus areas.

• Customer support: Organizers can talk with YouCaring through live online chat or by submitting a request form.

• Best for: YouCaring is an excellent platform for individuals and groups raising funds for compassionate causes.

Profile picture of Rose Spinelli
Rose Spinelli

Crowdfunding Contributing Editor

Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.

YouCaring Company Information